Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MO11

Re: Amazon Fleet Discussion - 2019

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 pm

KLM747er wrote:
N851DM is now registered a N5147A according skyliners.net
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=3

KLM747er

Actually, the entry says "new registration reserved 01 Apr 19". In actuality the change was authorized on that date, and N851DM is a taped-on registration, so the tape will probably be torn off at VQQ, and the paperwork sent in.

wjcandee

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Just-repainted ABX-operated 767-200 N750AX is on its way (4/6) on a regular flight from CVG-ONT right now. It would be very cool if somebody could get a photo of it or at least tell us what scheme it is now in. ABX? Amazon? (If Amazon, Blue or White body?) White-tail?

Thanks!

FX1816

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:44 pm

The only 2 ABX 767's we had at ONT were both white tails. One was all white and the other had the ABX Air titles on the fuselage with the small stripes.

wjcandee

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks FX1816!!!. The other one was 768AX, which is definitively all-white. (The one there a day earlier was 749AX, which is liveried as you describe, but I'm assuming that's not it.) I don't understand repainting an aircraft that is now dry-leased by Amazon for another 5+ years in the operator's colors, but there must be a reason for it...

KCVGSpotter

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:15 am

Amazon's next 737-800 (N843DM) is headed stateside. 843 will become N5113A.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ELX843

Boof02671

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:50 am

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Amazon continuing to grow in TPA, leasing old UA space. From the way the article writes, sounds possibly indicative of new 738's coming online.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/ne ... lines.html

UA never had a hangar in TPA, the two hangars are former DL and US.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:55 am

Boof02671 wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Amazon continuing to grow in TPA, leasing old UA space. From the way the article writes, sounds possibly indicative of new 738's coming online.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/ne ... lines.html

UA never had a hangar in TPA, the two hangars are former DL and US.

Never said UA had hanger at TPA. And actually UA is about to open a hanger at TPA (https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/ne ... ty-at.html), but that is different.

As Wjcandee points out Amazon only upgrading a couple K worth of space overall.

Boof02671

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:02 am

That’s odd as UA outsources the majority of their maintenance, but great

wjcandee

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 am

Boof02671 wrote:
That’s odd as UA outsources the majority of their maintenance, but great

It's actually Suite 1500 in the cargo building, for which Atlas will pay $10.50 a square foot. The lease is for less than 2 years. United had an obligation to continue to pay a monthly charge for the amortization of their custom improvements to the space; Atlas will pick that charge up on top of the rent for the term of the lease, after which it apparently again becomes UAL's responsibility. That charge is $965/mo. More details on page 11 of this PDF: http://www.tampaairport.com/sites/defau ... ting_2.pdf The bizjournal article really was a bit misleading.

Diagram of the space at p. 47 here: http://www.tampaairport.com/sites/defau ... eneral.pdf Looks like cross-dock space with a couple of offices as well. Looks like United, the original tenant, incurred about $130,000 in customization expense, which the landlord amortized over 30 years at 5.5 percent interest. (See p. 48 of the same PDF, which starts when the United lease did; this proposed lease to Air General was to commence in July 2015; don't know if it was ever executed.)

CallmeJB

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:11 am

I would assume that this is simply office and warehouse space for Atlas contracted maintenance personnel and spare parts inventory. Atlas has leases on spaces like this at airports all over the country, even stations that they don’t serve with Amazon anymore (DFW, CLT).

They figure might as well hang onto them because Amazon will likely shift flying around many times, and you never know when you’ll need the space again.

cvgComair

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Plans are starting to become public for Amazon’s project at CVG. Phase 1 opening in 2021 will have room for 100 aircraft, while the later phases should have room for at least double that.

Seems like they will be picking up quite a lot of aircraft in the near future...

wjcandee

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:01 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Plans are starting to become public for Amazon’s project at CVG. Phase 1 opening in 2021 will have room for 100 aircraft, while the later phases should have room for at least double that.

Seems like they will be picking up quite a lot of aircraft in the near future...

Amazon clearly understands that if you plan to commit to an area, you figure out your wildest-imaginable 25-year plan, in "phases", and you get approvals for it up front, while public officials are still trying to lure you to their area. Once you have invested $1 billion, you're stuck there, and they will demand stuff in return for future approvals unless you get all the approvals possible up front. So you design the thing in phases, plan for the most expansion you possibly would want in the later phases, then when the time comes to expand, you won't be held for extortion by a million thieves (I mean local officials) with their hands out. The mistake the idiots in my home town made was that before there were even signatures on paper they started demanding things (like unionization of their work force, blah blah) that were almost-undoable, then expressed complete surprise when Amazon walked away. A certain amount of good-neighborliness is expected of any company, which a company should freely give, but the level of extortion that exists once you are stuck there is just appalling. (Look at the lunatic City Council in Seattle, for example.) When I was in Dallas in the 1980s, and there was development everywhere, all projects planned mulltiple future phases, most of which never got built. (Almost every major new tower on the skyline, for example, anticipated a duplicate.) But the developers had carved out the opportunity up front.

N212R

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:42 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Amazon clearly understands that if you plan to commit to an area, you figure out your wildest-imaginable 25-year plan, in "phases", and you get approvals for it up front, while public officials are still trying to lure you to their area. Once you have invested $1 billion, you're stuck there, and they will demand stuff in return for future approvals unless you get all the approvals possible up front. So you design the thing in phases, plan for the most expansion you possibly would want in the later phases, then when the time comes to expand, you won't be held for extortion by a million thieves (I mean local officials) with their hands out. The mistake the idiots in my home town made was that before there were even signatures on paper they started demanding things (like unionization of their work force, blah blah) that were almost-undoable, then expressed complete surprise when Amazon walked away. A certain amount of good-neighborliness is expected of any company, which a company should freely give, but the level of extortion that exists once you are stuck there is just appalling. (Look at the lunatic City Council in Seattle, for example.) When I was in Dallas in the 1980s, and there was development everywhere, all projects planned mulltiple future phases, most of which never got built. (Almost every major new tower on the skyline, for example, anticipated a duplicate.) But the developers had carved out the opportunity up front.

You are tacitly saying it is acceptable for Amazon to contractually game the system. Is it "extortion" for a municipality to retain some administrative control over their public lands and tax base? Is it "extortion" for land use agreements to include some contingency of counterweight to the Amazon Way or the highway attitude? What are those crystal tower ensconced teams of high-powered corporate lawyers to do with those pesky local officials. A gnat to be brushed away. An inconvenience to the all-munificent, all 25-year future seeing of the Amazonian grand Schemers. Absolute power not only corrupts absolutely it absolutely corrupts the larger fabric of public/private checks and balances.

KCVGSpotter

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:35 pm

777Mech

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 pm

I'm not sure it was reported here, but N1501P and N153DL, former Delta and Gulf Air frames, have been purchased by ATI/CAM. Are these possible conversion candidates?

wjcandee

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:19 pm

777Mech wrote:
I'm not sure it was reported here, but N1501P and N153DL, former Delta and Gulf Air frames, have been purchased by ATI/CAM. Are these possible conversion candidates?

I think we talked about it; it's certainly on HKCanadaExpat's excellent 767 thread. But it's a welcome topic. I think they were opportunistic acquisitions, perhaps in light of the fact that AA may be slowing down its 767 retirements a bit (or perhaps it was just seen as a worthy expenditure). CAM, as you doubtless know, locked down 20 of the 24 then-remaining AA 767-300s a few months ago. Two were supposed to be retired at the beginning of the year but were delayed in retirement; the second was just recently WFU. But since 354AA and 830WE sat around literally for months after acquisition before moving to TLV in mid-Feb and mid-March, respectively, it may be that CAM wasn't ready yet to send them over anyway. It's all back-loaded from when the a/c are going to be needed for customers, and I guess prudent capital management means that you don't actually buy the aircraft until you're ready to move it through the process. Cheaper to leave it locked-up with a deposit than to pay in full for an asset you don't need quite yet.

It will be interesting to see if CAM locks up even more feedstock this year; it will say something about the opportunities to place good 767s in service either at the ATSG airlines or with other customers.

Acey559

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:21 pm

CALMSP wrote:
A colleague of mine shared a new station opening up in June. Anyone know? It’s not the new ILN hub.

Should be ANC. ATI will be operating the route and at this point it isn’t known what the city pairs will be, but rumors are that it will probably be SEA. Also, I heard that when ILN opens up, ATI will be flying
ILN-AFW. In an interesting twist, I was informed that all employees in ILN and AFW will be actual Amazon employees, not Pinnacle or one of the other contractors that Amazon uses.

I can’t verify any of this at the moment, but the person I heard it from has been very reliable in the past and was directly responsible for training the ANC station, so at least that part seems very legitimate.

There were rumors swirling around the cockpit that TPA-SJU-TPA will be starting soon. My source told me that SJU (he didn’t say if the flight will be to TPA or MIA) will be one of the first 737 routes.
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.

wjcandee

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:44 pm

I don't know why Amazon would want directly to hire employees in ILN and AFW. They can't be naive enough to think that the Teamsters and others won't aggressively seek to represent those folks, if only to get a foot in the door and give them leverage in a zillion other parts of Amazon.

Delta28L

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:09 pm

wjcandee wrote:
I don't know why Amazon would want directly to hire employees in ILN and AFW. They can't be naive enough to think that the Teamsters and others won't aggressively seek to represent those folks, if only to get a foot in the door and give them leverage in a zillion other parts of Amazon.

Probably so they don’t have to deal with the unions at their new hubs. Amazon is anti union for its workers.

wjcandee

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Right, but "being anti-union" doesn't prevent unions from organizing your workers...

CALMSP

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Acey559 wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
A colleague of mine shared a new station opening up in June. Anyone know? It’s not the new ILN hub.

Should be ANC. ATI will be operating the route and at this point it isn’t known what the city pairs will be, but rumors are that it will probably be SEA. Also, I heard that when ILN opens up, ATI will be flying
ILN-AFW. In an interesting twist, I was informed that all employees in ILN and AFW will be actual Amazon employees, not Pinnacle or one of the other contractors that Amazon uses.

I can’t verify any of this at the moment, but the person I heard it from has been very reliable in the past and was directly responsible for training the ANC station, so at least that part seems very legitimate.

There were rumors swirling around the cockpit that TPA-SJU-TPA will be starting soon. My source told me that SJU (he didn’t say if the flight will be to TPA or MIA) will be one of the first 737 routes.

it does seem to be SEA-ANC.

ILN/AFW/RFD/BWI will all be insourced Amazon employees.

mcg

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:27 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Right, but "being anti-union" doesn't prevent unions from organizing your workers...

Right, that's because we have laws that ensure workers have the right to organize. If management doesn't want an organized workforce, the solution is to treat the staff well enough so a union isn't required.

wjcandee

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm

mcg wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Right, that's because we have laws that ensure workers have the right to organize. If management doesn't want an organized workforce, the solution is to treat the staff well enough so a union isn't required.

Correct. Doesn't always work, but a company that treats its workers well stands a better chance of maintaining a direct relationship with them.

mcg

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:34 pm

wjcandee wrote:
mcg wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Correct. Doesn't always work, but a company that treats its workers well stands a better chance of maintaining a direct relationship with them.

My observation is that treating workers does usually work. It's hard because the natural instinct of most management is to pay as little as possible for everything, including labor, so what seems 'well' to management might not look so good to the folks on the line.

wjcandee

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Personally, I think there are too many variables to make a broad sweeping generalization one way or another. However, I think in life generally, treating people with respect is the way to go.

mcg

Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:27 am

wjcandee wrote:
Personally, I think there are too many variables to make a broad sweeping generalization one way or another. However, I think in life generally, treating people with respect is the way to go.

Amen to that!

GoodRide

Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:31 pm

wjcandee wrote:

My theory is that Amazon will be employing proprietary technology at these hubs. Contractors make sense when all that’s needed is driving a forklift around and hand loading boxes into shipping cans, as is currently the case at these stations. I would think employing sort technology would incentivize Amazon to take ownership over the employees in the warehouse.

wjcandee

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Just because I was thinking about it, let's recap where ATSG is with its officially-contracted additional 10 more aircraft for Amazon, and look at that in light of the 20 ex-AA aircraft that ATSG/CAM has optioned and the two ex-DL aircraft that it has now purchased.

The 10 Amazon aircraft will be delivered 5 this year and 5 next year, according to the press release about the agreement.

Of the 5 aircraft to be delivered this year, one is already in service with ATI and being used on other assignments for now (382CM, to be 389AZ, formerly 930WE).

Another is done with conversion but not yet flown back from TLV (730WE, to be 367AZ).

A third is in conversion now, to be completed in August (354AA, to be 397AZ).

So at-least-three of the 10 for Amazon will be completed without even beginning to dig into the 22 reserved feedstock.

And in fact, all 5 needed in 2019 could be provided from existing or in-conversion aircraft, although apparently they won't be:

N830WE is at TLV in conversion, to be done in September, which may or may not go to Amazon. And the two other ATI aircraft currently in use for UPS could also be available, although it appears they will be used for something else (376AN to be 344CM, and 373AA to be 359CM).

That would be five. Assuming that those three will in fact go somewhere else, that leaves ATSG with a potential conversion pool of 19 aircraft after plucking out 3 more for Amazon this year, or 20 aircraft after plucking out two for Amazon this year. Only 5 of those 19-or-20 are currently-slated for Amazon next year, leaving a pool of 14 potential conversions over the next three years that will be available to dry-lease or to use to service other ATI, ABX and OAE business. That's a bunch. It will be interesting to see where they go. Given UPS's apparent interest in converted 767-300 freighters, some could be dry-leased to UPS on long-term leases. Although nobody has said it, that may be where those two aircraft that ATI is currently flying for UPS could be going. There was talk that two currently-converted aircraft would be going to "a major integrator", and it apparently is not DHL, because ABX isn't getting any new 767s and typically DHL has used ABX as opposed to ATI for 767 flying; the ABX pilots will poop giant bricks if ATI starts flying two 767s for DHL. There are certainly non-household-name significant integrators that they could be talking about, so it will be interesting to see.

In terms of potential tail (prime) numbers starting with 3, there are six left: 367, 373, 379, 383, 389, and 397. We know about 389, 367 and 397. That leaves 373, 379 and 383. Also, there were a couple missing from the original series: 317 and 349. 349 is now available (it was assigned back then), and 317 has always been available. CAM has reserved 379AZ, but 373 and 383 are presently assigned to other aircraft. Doesn't mean someone can't make a deal for those numbers if they want, but we will see.

So at least two of the 10 aircraft will have tail numbers other than 3--AZ, and maybe more.

cmairplaneman

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:23 am

Will be interesting to see when N1501P and N153DL come to ILN. Will be sure to try to get photos of them! I am excited to see them in the paint scheme that they will be in. N730WE will probably be a good one to spot too considering it'll have the primer and not painted like 930 and 373
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter

MO11

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:16 pm

N840DM signed for on Friday.

wjcandee

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:32 pm

MO11 wrote:

Great! Thanks for the info.

It will be renumbered as N5153A.

wjcandee

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
Will be interesting to see when N1501P and N153DL come to ILN. Will be sure to try to get photos of them! I am excited to see them in the paint scheme that they will be in. N730WE will probably be a good one to spot too considering it'll have the primer and not painted like 930 and 373

Absolutely! I look forward to seeing the photos!

wjcandee

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:26 pm

A peripheral observation: Looks like N382CM (in the white/ANZ livery; formerly 930WE) has stepped in to cover the daily Aloha Cargo LAX-HNL flights, which use N399CM, an aircraft in Aloha Cargo livery that is dry-leased by Aloha Cargo (NAC) from CAM and has been operated for almost a year-and-a-half by ATI while Aloha Cargo gets ETOPS certification and pilots to fly it. 399CM should be on its way to ILN today or so; presumably for scheduled maintenance, but maybe for something else (unsked maint; conformity to go on Aloha's certificate, etc.). 382CM is supposed to go into paint at Dean Baldwin on May 5, so that means that it is free for about two weeks to cover this flight; obviously, there are other ATI 763s that could cover it if need be. I assume that 382CM will be getting an Amazon livery when it goes for paint, because it is scheduled to be renumbered as N389AZ and dry-leased to Amazon.

Spacepope

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:37 pm

wjcandee wrote:
MO11 wrote:

Great! Thanks for the info.

It will be renumbered as N5153A.

So, since we've got an new prime numbering sequence witht he 738Fs would it be reasonable to assume they'll be flying under GTI 5XXX flight numbers? Also, when are the first runs scheduled to begin?
The last of the famous international playboys

wjcandee

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 pm

SOO flight numbers. I guess there are three aircraft in VQQ right now.

MajMattMason

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm

wjcandee wrote:
A peripheral observation: Looks like N382CM (in the white/ANZ livery; formerly 930WE) has stepped in to cover the daily Aloha Cargo LAX-HNL flights, which use N399CM, an aircraft in Aloha Cargo livery that is dry-leased by Aloha Cargo (NAC) from CAM and has been operated for almost a year-and-a-half by ATI while Aloha Cargo gets ETOPS certification and pilots to fly it. 399CM should be on its way to ILN today or so; presumably for scheduled maintenance, but maybe for something else (unsked maint; conformity to go on Aloha's certificate, etc.). 382CM is supposed to go into paint at Dean Baldwin on May 5, so that means that it is free for about two weeks to cover this flight; obviously, there are other ATI 763s that could cover it if need be. I assume that 382CM will be getting an Amazon livery when it goes for paint, because it is scheduled to be renumbered as N389AZ and dry-leased to Amazon.

It’s for scheduled maintenance. And it looks like ATI will be flying 399CM till at least the end of the year.

wjcandee

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:48 pm

MajMattMason wrote:
It’s for scheduled maintenance. And it looks like ATI will be flying 399CM till at least the end of the year.

Thank you for that info! That's good news for ATI as well. It looks like NAC is I won't say struggling but at least having to work hard to get its 2 767 aircraft in Miami crewed and operating on enough business to be profitable. Seems like they kind of have their hands full beyond the challenge of getting crews and ETOPS for the daily Aloha 767 flights. Sounds like MIA is the priority for them right now while they can make plenty of money on those daily Aloha flights even if they're paying ATI to operate them. Doing that is all in a day's work for ATI.

I understood that, at least before Atlas started running an Amazon Air flight to HNL, those Aloha LAX-HNL flights were -- and probably still are -- substantially occupied by Amazon packages.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Southern Air Cargo signing Operating Agreement with TPA. Seems the Amazon 738 flight(s) are next.

http://www.tampaairport.com/sites/defau ... 20Inc..pdf

wjcandee

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

So the question of the day is clear: how do we think that Amazon's move to greatly expand next day delivery is going to affect Amazon Air, which is a 2-day delivery product. Next day is much harder to do, although next afternoon or evening is easier than next morning. Still, with the deadlines to get something to the Postal Service in order to have delivery the same day that it arrives at the post office, you really have to be set up as if for a next morning delivery service if you want the Postal Service to do the final mile. If you're giving it to a carrier with much later cut-offs, it might be viable.

So, do we think that Amazon is going to try to raise the level of its game and turn Amazon Air at least in part into a next-day product?

DLASFlyer

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:51 pm

KCVGSpotter wrote:
Amazon's next 737-800 (N843DM) is headed stateside. 843 will become N5113A.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ELX843

So bizarre the new livery still uses the old Amazon Prime logo. If you go to Amazon.com, the prime logo is a completely different font and weight and has been for over a year.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:31 am

Will 1 day delivery be more facilitated by more air freight, or by having the 10K (25K?) most commonly ordered items stockpiled in more places?
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

USAirKid

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:59 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Will 1 day delivery be more facilitated by more air freight, or by having the 10K (25K?) most commonly ordered items stockpiled in more places?

My expectation that a majority of this will be facilitated by having the most commonly ordered items in stock at more fulfillment centers. There will be inventory-misses that are covered by air freight.

One of the things that another article mentioned is how squishy of a promise Amazon's current Two Day shipping has. Sometimes it really is two days, and sometimes its three for all practical purposes. (There might be a really early cut off time to get an item in two days.)

I'd also expect that even more of the freight will be pushed to USPS and Amazon's in house delivery fleet. I believe both of those have a pretty late cut off time for Amazon. I can also see Amazon pushing UPS for later drop off times. I know for a fact that at times Amazon drops off packages directly into UPS final mile delivery centers.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:01 pm

I would like to see Amazon redo two and even next day deliveries. Their Pantry offer is awkward and of no use for me. 75% of what I order I would like within the next week or so. Two day is really good, rarely I would like something 'now'. But if I choose the slower delivery option I get some weird coupon sort of thing which is of no use. What I really would like is points which could be used for same day or next day delivery. Not that they couldn't be used for other things.

Amazon would benefit the most because of delivery consolidation with all I order, and my benefit would be 'free' same day delivery on rare occasions.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 pm

2 RT's VQQ-TPA-VQQ

SOO320
SOO420

SOO321
SOO421

https://flightaware.com/live/findflight/KVQQ/KTPA

wjcandee

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:32 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
2 RT's VQQ-TPA-VQQ
SOO320
SOO420
SOO321
SOO421

Good catch!! Oddly, I can't figure out which aircraft this is (or these are), either under its/their xxxDM tail number or xxxxA tail number.

1337Delta764

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:41 am

USAirKid wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

My expectation that a majority of this will be facilitated by having the most commonly ordered items in stock at more fulfillment centers. There will be inventory-misses that are covered by air freight.

One of the things that another article mentioned is how squishy of a promise Amazon's current Two Day shipping has. Sometimes it really is two days, and sometimes its three for all practical purposes. (There might be a really early cut off time to get an item in two days.)

I'd also expect that even more of the freight will be pushed to USPS and Amazon's in house delivery fleet. I believe both of those have a pretty late cut off time for Amazon. I can also see Amazon pushing UPS for later drop off times. I know for a fact that at times Amazon drops off packages directly into UPS final mile delivery centers.

Remember Amazon has four main classes of fulfillment center - Sortable, Non-Sortable, Apparel/Footwear, and Expensive Items. Sortable is mostly small to medium sized items that can be handled by Amazon's picking robots and can be grouped together in one box. Non-Sortable are the oversize items and items with irregular dimensions. Apparel/Footwear speaks for itself, and is often combined with other fulfillment center types. Expensive items are for high-value luxury items such as fine jewelry and luxury watches.

KCVGSpotter

Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 am

wjcandee wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
2 RT's VQQ-TPA-VQQ
SOO320
SOO420
SOO321
SOO421

Good catch!! Oddly, I can't figure out which aircraft this is (or these are), either under its/their xxxDM tail number or xxxxA tail number.

N5113A ran the flights today.

jetblueguy22

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:33 am

USAirKid wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Amazon overcomes the UPS pickup times by building special loads to certain sorts. So the early loads may have packages going all over the country, while the later pickups have pieces only going to a specific area.

They do build some direct to final destination loads, but they’re fairly rare. There just isn’t enough pieces going from one distribution center to one final delivery center to do it for 99% of the buildings in the UPS/FedEx/USPS network.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

USAirKid

Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 am

jetblueguy22 wrote:
USAirKid wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Amazon overcomes the UPS pickup times by building special loads to certain sorts. So the early loads may have packages going all over the country, while the later pickups have pieces only going to a specific area.

They do build some direct to final destination loads, but they’re fairly rare. There just isn’t enough pieces going from one distribution center to one final delivery center to do it for 99% of the buildings in the UPS/FedEx/USPS network.

Yeah.. it might also be a Seattle during peak (Thanksgiving to Christmas) thing.

jetblueguy22

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:12 pm

USAirKid wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
USAirKid wrote:

Yeah.. it might also be a Seattle during peak (Thanksgiving to Christmas) thing.

It works during peak, but not many other times. The mega hubs don’t even get that many trailers in the grand scheme of things. It’s a great thing when they can do it though! Helps the carriers immensely.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos