travaz

Re: Amazon Fleet Discussion - 2019

Sat May 18, 2019 2:55 pm

I just returned a $399.00 item to Amazon and if i brought it to UPS there was no charge. If I wanted UPS to pick it up it was a $7.97 charge. I never saw that before. I live close to several UPS stores so it is not a big deal.

1337Delta764

Sun May 19, 2019 4:56 am

Looks like Amazon has just added the Portland area fulfillment centers as Free One-Day eligible for Phoenix (at least it appears that way from tracking since I haven't actually gotten the item yet). This is probably taking advantage of the flight schedule of the PDX-PHX Amazon Air flight.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

HeartofFlorida

Sun May 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Delta28L wrote:
So when is LAL going to be ready for amazon ops?

June 2020

Check out Amazon Plans Huge Air Cargo Center in Lakeland. It goes more in-depth and included the Lakeland city commission announcing the deal with airport director Gene Conrad. https://www.lkldnow.com/amazon-plans-huge-air-cargo-center-in-lakeland/

1337Delta764

Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 am

Looks like my recent item was shipped from PDX9 (Troutdale, Oregon). So it looks like Amazon is adding one-day air routes as we speak.

I know one longtime hole in Amazon's same-day/one-day network is Albuquerque. I think they will need at least a Sortation Center and/or a Delivery Station there if they want to offer one-day shipping at a lower cost, since neither UPS nor FedEx offer one-day ground shipping to Albuquerque from any Amazon fulfillment center. Currently Amazon shipping to Albuquerque is mostly a mix of UPS and USPS.

ctrabs0114

Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 am

wjcandee wrote:
Amazon clearly understands that if you plan to commit to an area, you figure out your wildest-imaginable 25-year plan, in "phases", and you get approvals for it up front, while public officials are still trying to lure you to their area. Once you have invested $1 billion, you're stuck there, and they will demand stuff in return for future approvals unless you get all the approvals possible up front. So you design the thing in phases, plan for the most expansion you possibly would want in the later phases, then when the time comes to expand, you won't be held for extortion by a million thieves (I mean local officials) with their hands out. The mistake the idiots in my home town made was that before there were even signatures on paper they started demanding things (like unionization of their work force, blah blah) that were almost-undoable, then expressed complete surprise when Amazon walked away. A certain amount of good-neighborliness is expected of any company, which a company should freely give, but the level of extortion that exists once you are stuck there is just appalling. (Look at the lunatic City Council in Seattle, for example.) When I was in Dallas in the 1980s, and there was development everywhere, all projects planned mulltiple future phases, most of which never got built. (Almost every major new tower on the skyline, for example, anticipated a duplicate.) But the developers had carved out the opportunity up front.

Not to mention more than a few freeways that were planned for west of DFW but have not yet been built (SH 114 between I-35W and Roanoke; SH 170 between 114 and Alliance) where the planned frontage roads have been built, but not the freeway portions. Most of the time, I'm convinced that most of these "planning schemes" are more pie-in-the-sky than grounded in reality.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)

wjcandee

Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 am

1337: Thanks! This is fascinating!

cmairplaneman

Mon May 20, 2019 1:36 pm

N382CM is scheduled for ROW-ILN today
Glider Pilot & CVG/ILN Spotter

wjcandee

Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:

The big question is whether it's in the same Amazon livery as the rest; I presume that it is.

cmairplaneman

Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm

wjcandee wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

The big question is whether it's in the same Amazon livery as the rest; I presume that it is.

From what I understand is that it has the ATI paint, not certain though

wjcandee

Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 pm

cmairplaneman wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

From what I understand is that it has the ATI paint, not certain though

That would be interesting! The current FAA filings indicate that it is eventually going to have an AZ tail number, and so I would think it would be going at some point to Amazon.

Of course, the aircraft allocation can and does change depending on circumstances. I don't think it would make sense to paint an Amazon aircraft in an interim ATI livery and then repaint it, especially since the current paint doesn't look too bad. But we'll just see. Exciting!

wjcandee

Mon May 20, 2019 11:32 pm

CM: Have you seen it yet? Remind me where (other than on here) I can see your photos.

TXRoadMan

Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 am

I had a One-Day shipment to the DFW area last week. It originated at SMF1, presumably linehauled, then took the late-night ATI ONT-DFW flight, where it was sent to DDA1 and delivered by AMZL the next day. I was a bit surprised to see a One-Day package travel that far.

Also interesting is that it was apparently sent directly from DFW to DDA1, bypassing DFW8.

FromGSPtoChi

Tue May 21, 2019 2:10 am

Rockford's airport, busy with Amazon cargo, to add 500 jobs

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

JayinKitsap

Tue May 21, 2019 3:01 am

HeartofFlorida wrote:
Delta28L wrote:

June 2020

Check out Amazon Plans Huge Air Cargo Center in Lakeland. It goes more in-depth and included the Lakeland city commission announcing the deal with airport director Gene Conrad. https://www.lkldnow.com/amazon-plans-huge-air-cargo-center-in-lakeland/

A follow up, the commission approved the deal, love the NIMBY's.

https://www.theledger.com/news/20190520 ... -open-arms

sunking737

Tue May 21, 2019 3:57 am

Sounds just like when Disney & Co's started to buy land for WDW...They just don't understand the money that will flow into the area. Other business will expand and bring in more money.
I'm a SUNDUCK......Worked for RC & SY @ MSP

HeartofFlorida

Tue May 21, 2019 4:26 am

JayinKitsap wrote:
HeartofFlorida wrote:
Delta28L wrote:

June 2020

A follow up, the commission approved the deal, love the NIMBY's.

https://www.theledger.com/news/20190520 ... -open-arms

NIMBY’s!

FlyingElvii

Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 am

rj1385 wrote:
Are they going to move to LAL because they will be able to quickly serve both Tampa and Orlando from a more central location?

Plenty of open space to grow. Big warehouse just off the end of the runway with easy access to I-4. Plenty of space for partner warehouses (some already going up), and easy access to the airhub.

Willing and eager local gov. Available, decent workforce. Decent crew hotels already on the field (Thank you Mr. Hilton). Open airspace outside of the Orlando C, and Tamps restricted areas, meaning fewer delays. MRO with narrowbody capability on the field.

Lots of advantages, less costs.

FlyingElvii

Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 am

Could LAL be the rumored 737f base?

ctrabs0114

Tue May 21, 2019 7:52 am

TXRoadMan wrote:
I had a One-Day shipment to the DFW area last week. It originated at SMF1, presumably linehauled, then took the late-night ATI ONT-DFW flight, where it was sent to DDA1 and delivered by AMZL the next day. I was a bit surprised to see a One-Day package travel that far.

Also interesting is that it was apparently sent directly from DFW to DDA1, bypassing DFW8.

A lot of the fulfillment centers can sort packages directly for transport to sites like DDA1 instead of cross-docking operations with DFW8. Typically, a lot of packages that came from a North Texas fulfillment center and slated for longer than next-day delivery in the Northeast would be sorted to the CVG air hub, then, presumably, sorted to the proper sort center or Prime stations at CVG hub. I wonder if ONT has similar capabilities.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)

dcs921

Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 pm

wjcandee wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

I saw it flying the arrival yesterday. It looked like it was in the standard Amazon livery.

jetmatt777

Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm

TXRoadMan wrote:

I ordered a Prime package on Friday (hiking shoes) and it guaranteed delivery Monday (yesterday). The order “shipped” Saturday morning, but there was no progress until yesterday at 2pm it said “departed Amazon facility in Hebron, KY”. Of course I never got the order, and now Amazon is blaming the weather in Colorado for the delay.

I think it’s their fault for waiting until the same afternoon it’s supposed to be delivered to ship it across the country. It looks like it did take the CVG-DEN flight yesterday. But there’s been no other updates since it arrived in Denver.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

1337Delta764

Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
TXRoadMan wrote:

I ordered a Prime package on Friday (hiking shoes) and it guaranteed delivery Monday (yesterday). The order “shipped” Saturday morning, but there was no progress until yesterday at 2pm it said “departed Amazon facility in Hebron, KY”. Of course I never got the order, and now Amazon is blaming the weather in Colorado for the delay.

I think it’s their fault for waiting until the same afternoon it’s supposed to be delivered to ship it across the country. It looks like it did take the CVG-DEN flight yesterday. But there’s been no other updates since it arrived in Denver.

I'm guessing you opted out of weekend delivery, is that correct? Also, it is unusual that the tracking says Hebron, since normally Amazon Air tracking from CVG is indicated as Erlanger.

cmairplaneman

Tue May 21, 2019 7:32 pm

dcs921 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
cmairplaneman wrote:

I saw it flying the arrival yesterday. It looked like it was in the standard Amazon livery.

Awesome!

jetmatt777

Wed May 22, 2019 12:31 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
TXRoadMan wrote:

I'm guessing you opted out of weekend delivery, is that correct? Also, it is unusual that the tracking says Hebron, since normally Amazon Air tracking from CVG is indicated as Erlanger.

Nope. I ordered several things. One came on a Sunday (ordered that one Saturday night), the other thing I ordered on Friday was delivered Sunday as promised. I ordered something Saturday and t was delivered Monday.

You’re right, it was Erlanger.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

CX747

Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 pm

https://amp.businessinsider.com/amazon- ... sts-2019-5

Round 2 "FIGHT"

Guys need to be paid what they are worth. Guys also need to realize when they are strangling a golden goose. Somewhere in the middle the sides need to meet.

One thing for Amazon is, you can't consistently jump around in this market. Very few companies are going to be able and step in and replace what Atlas, Southern and ATSG have done. The logistic's nightmare would be insane to try and switch horses at this stride, with this many stallions.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

sunking737

Thu May 23, 2019 12:12 am

If they choose to cut back on any one of these 3 airlines, could UPS/FedEx pick up slack to some degree??? How much could be shifted to the passenger airlines.?? Could foreign cargo companies pick up volume?? intra US ??

CX747

Thu May 23, 2019 1:47 am

sunking737 wrote:
If they choose to cut back on any one of these 3 airlines, could UPS/FedEx pick up slack to some degree??? How much could be shifted to the passenger airlines.?? Could foreign cargo companies pick up volume?? intra US ??

The comments from the article make it look like the current issues at Atlas are the ones causing this picketing. Overall, Atlas is stretched thin. We have to remember though, their 747 fleet is about the same size as the 767/777 fleet. So at least 50% of their pilots are not "flying" for Amazon.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

wjcandee

Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 am

CX747 wrote:
One thing for Amazon is, you can't consistently jump around in this market. Very few companies are going to be able and step in and replace what Atlas, Southern and ATSG have done..

Well, I think it's so interesting that Local 1224 talks about how "ATSG" pilots aren't happy. That's a bit of an overstatement. The guys at ATSG who fly six 767-200s for Amazon (ABX Air) are not happy. They are also taking a lot of pain on themselves to benefit the Atlas pilots. The guys at ATSG who now fly 15 (soon to be 24) aircraft for Amazon (ATI) seem to have a pretty-happy work environment. To be sure, I see some discussion of things they would like in the next contract, but the work environment does not sound completely-toxic, as it seems to be at ABX. That said, the ABX guys, despite their contract tactics and unhappiness, get the job done day to day with decent reliability and a lot of pride and professionalism. But they put a big X on themselves to DHL and Amazon by striking during Peak. So DHL keeps pulling planes (although it should now be stable for a couple of years), and Amazon apparently isn't going to contract with them for more, at least until something changes. The big issue is that because of work rules, ABX is actually more-expensive even though the pilots get paid less (because the work rules require more pilots than their competitors on a preponderance of routes).

The big public move from the protest today is that Amazon came out and said definitively that they are distressed about the labor strife, which they have nothing directly to do with, but that they will consider reallocating aircraft if the incumbent carriers are not getting it done. That's primarily a shot at Atlas. Importantly, it is the first time Amazon publicly has said something like this. They also said that they routinely investigate claims made by the pilot union and find them to be unsupported by the facts. Again, first time I am aware of any commentary like this. We will see what if any effect it has on the Executive Suite at Atlas. The reality is that if Atlas wants to drag this out, it's a good three years before anything serious will happen, in my opinion. (Have to get a decision from the Second Circuit on the absolutely-initial question of whether the System Boards of Arbitration at Atlas and Southern will decide whether the merger provisions of the respective contracts apply to the integration of those contracts, or whether a different method will apply. That's at least another month or two or more, then there has to be the arbitration (because I think there will be arbitration), and a decision, then the process of integration however that is decided. So like 18 months before even the question of how the contracts will be integrated is settled, if Atlas is in no hurry.) This does not mean that Altas can't negotiate material terms of a new agreement with the Union, but it sounds like that is moving glacially, and the time since the amendability of the contract has occurred is hardly on the far side of the curve at the moment, so the NMB can be presumed not to be in any hurry, either.

(BTW, when I talk about skill and professionalism at ABX, they do some things differently than other cockpits that I won't bore you with but which could be seen to account for some very positive things. And I also remember, which most of you probably don't, the ABX/Israir incident at JFK, where I truly believe that if the departing cargo aircraft was being flown by a different carrier, a lot of people would have died. The safety decisionmaking by the ABX Captain and FO (i.e. to take a full-length, high-thrust departure when a shorter departure was available) and the FO's piloting skill (to take his aircraft up early and over the runway-intruding Israir while still maintaining control) are the reason a good number of folks are still breathing. It's just one example, but it was a memorable one for me.)

sunking737

Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 am

Open question to anyone...Do you think at some point Amazon will own its cargo jets like UPS/FEDEX?? or just use contract carriers???

GoodRide

Thu May 23, 2019 9:51 am

wjcandee wrote:
CX747 wrote:
The reality is that if Atlas wants to drag this out, it's a good three years before anything serious will happen, in my opinion. (Have to get a decision from the Second Circuit on the absolutely-initial question of whether the System Boards of Arbitration at Atlas and Southern will decide whether the merger provisions of the respective contracts apply to the integration of those contracts, or whether a different method will apply. That's at least another month or two or more, then there has to be the arbitration (because I think there will be arbitration), and a decision, then the process of integration however that is decided. So like 18 months before even the question of how the contracts will be integrated is settled, if Atlas is in no hurry.) This does not mean that Altas can't negotiate material terms of a new agreement with the Union, but it sounds like that is moving glacially, and the time since the amendability of the contract has occurred is hardly on the far side of the curve at the moment, so the NMB can be presumed not to be in any hurry, either.

Good points. Of course, what Amazon does depends just as much on how long they want to wait for something to be hammered out. This statement does appear to be a call to action of sorts. Is it in Atlas’ best interest to drag things out? I guess it remains to be seen.

1337Delta764

Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Got another Amazon One-Day Prime shipment via air from Robbinsville, New Jersey. Shipped via UPS Next Day Air. So it looks like Amazon is expanding their One-Day Prime shipping fast and not just via Amazon Air.

UPS757Pilot

Fri May 24, 2019 2:29 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
Got another Amazon One-Day Prime shipment via air from Robbinsville, New Jersey. Shipped via UPS Next Day Air. So it looks like Amazon is expanding their One-Day Prime shipping fast and not just via Amazon Air.
Of course because they simply don't have the capacity to do it themselves.

1337Delta764

Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 am

UPS757Pilot wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:
Of course because they simply don't have the capacity to do it themselves.

Looks like I could soon be getting more shipments to my home via UPS or FedEx. I think the reason why Amazon generally doesn't use them to my address is because of delivery area surcharges in my ZIP code, which adds to shipping costs. This is likely why most Amazon shipments to my house are either via Amazon Logistics or USPS. I think this can make a difference in the choice of shipping carriers, since I have shipped to another city in the same metropolitan area without delivery area surcharges and I have gotten UPS more frequently to that address.

1337Delta764

Sat May 25, 2019 1:26 am

Just as a side note, Amazon is now indicating the origin fulfillment center on its UPS labels. While Amazon Logistics labels have always indicated them (previously in the upper right, now on the lower left since the labels were redesigned in October), USPS labels shipped by Amazon have indicated them since October in printed boxes in the lower left along with the Sortation Center. It looks like Amazon is now indicating the origin fulfillment center on its UPS labels as well in the same location on the label. This one shipped from EWR4 (Robbinsville, NJ).

Whiplash6

Sat May 25, 2019 1:45 am

sunking737 wrote:
Open question to anyone...Do you think at some point Amazon will own its cargo jets like UPS/FEDEX?? or just use contract carriers???

Contract carriers is cheaper and Amazon has the added benefit of controlling the operation where they want to, taking credit when they want to, and denying responsibility when things go badly.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri May 31, 2019 2:27 am

Pretty neat video from TPA of what looks like fresh from Pemco, ex-AA cargo conversion flying for Amazon still in old AA stripped colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLsTzzd0hB8

wjcandee

Fri May 31, 2019 3:56 am

That's going to be 373AA. Was in TPA 4/23-5/16 after flying by ATI for UPS for a few months. Then flew a couple of weeks of Amazon. It flew to GUS today for paint into Amazon colors. Will be renumbered 379AZ and is being dry-leased by Amazon.

CX747

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:36 am

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/f ... l-flights/

Slightly off topic but figured it fit here pretty well. Atlas Air Worldwide has been awarded a CMI contract for the first 2 777Fs DHL ordered. The 2 777Fs will be operated by Southern Air and bolster the Southern Air 777F fleet to 8 airframes.

Additionally, new stable contract work has been found for the 2 Atlas Air DHL operating 747-400Fs that will be displaced by the Southern Air 777Fs. The 2 previous DHL operating 747-400Fs will now be flying with other customers. Also noteworthy, was the additional placement of 1 747-400F with Asiana and a long term agreement for 1 747-400F to a tech company. This increases the number of Atlas 747-400Fs operating for Asiana to 3.

Not a bad net gain. Increase your fleet with a long term contract on 2 777Fs and find new long term stable work for 4 747-400Fs! I read elsewhere that Atlas's 2 747-400Fs that operated for Qantas were soon to be replaced with 747-8Fs. Those 2 -400Fs have also found new customers. So, overall Atlas has placed 6 747-400Fs with new customers over the next few months and continued to hold 4 lucrative slots with their 747-8F/777F fleets.

CX747

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 am

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-news ... -1.7332407

Article discussing Amazon's entrance into the Israeli market place and usage of IAI as a conversion center for the 767s by AAWG/ATSG.

wjcandee

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:56 am

I think that Connie is getting at least one, too. Omni is vying for them as well but no results yet.

I actually read the press release to mean that the two 747-400s currently flying for DHL will be placed with Asiana and the "technology company".

I think the switch to the 747-8Fs is the result of Panalpina no longer using them.

The high-school-newspaper-quality article on the conversions missed on a couple of points, but it doesn't hurt for the audience to be reminded of yet another way that the company does good things for their economy.

CX747

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:24 pm

wjcandee wrote:
I think that Connie is getting at least one, too. Omni is vying for them as well but no results yet.

I actually read the press release to mean that the two 747-400s currently flying for DHL will be placed with Asiana and the "technology company".

I think the switch to the 747-8Fs is the result of Panalpina no longer using them.

The high-school-newspaper-quality article on the conversions missed on a couple of points, but it doesn't hurt for the audience to be reminded of yet another way that the company does good things for their economy.

After re-reading the article, I see your point. It does look like they are discussing the 2 ex-DHL flying 747s and not additional airframes. Not sure where the 2 747-8Fs for Qantas may come from. An earlier article I saw made it seem like the the two ACMI Atlas birds flying for my namesake may be heading to Australia.

It would be nice for Connie to get some the 777Fs too.

HPRamper

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am

sunking737 wrote:

UPS and FedEx could easily pick up some slack, if needed. They are flying around planes at less than capacity every day. The issue is that Amazon freight is notoriously low-yield, so historically they have turned down Amazon freight that was available. If Amazon offered a few cents more per package, then sure it's very feasible.

kitplane01

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 am

CX747 wrote:
https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/freighter-operator/atlas-air-steps-up-dhl-flights/
Also noteworthy, was the additional placement of 1 747-400F with Asiana and a long term agreement for 1 747-400F to a tech company. This increases the number of Atlas 747-400Fs operating for Asiana to 3.

Not a bad net gain. Increase your fleet with a long term contract on 2 777Fs and find new long term stable work for 4 747-400Fs! I read elsewhere that Atlas's 2 747-400Fs that operated for Qantas were soon to be replaced with 747-8Fs.

Why does Qantas and Asiana need help flying airplanes? I'm surprised they would not fly for themselves.

wjcandee

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:30 am

kitplane01 wrote:
Why does Qantas and Asiana need help flying airplanes? I'm surprised they would not fly for themselves.

I'm not. Cheaper and easier to outsource. Also allows selection of aircraft types that wouldn't be economical to run as a fleet for one or two.

wjcandee

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am

BACK ON TOPIC, YAY!

Looks like N389AZ (formerly 382CM) may have moved from ILN to CVG last night (6/6) to start service. There was no tail listed, but the ferry flight was ATN1997. That's gonna be a ferry of an Amazon aircraft. (1997 was a big year in Amazon World, and they reference it a lot. For example, there's a N1997A being flown for Amazon by Atlas, and ATN has used it before on Amazon ferry flights.)

If it was a movement of an extant Amazon aircraft, most likely it would have moved with its tail number, e.g. ATN353 for N353AZ. That's the other aircraft that it could be, that aircraft having gone to ILN for service on 5/15, but I'm thinking a maintenance visit might be another week or so. For sure, I could be jumping the gun, and it could be 353AZ going back into service. I guess we'll find out today.

GoodRide

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:27 pm

389 will be used as a CVG Amazon spare until acceptance in a few weeks.

jetblueguy22

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:06 pm

HPRamper wrote:
sunking737 wrote:

UPS and FedEx could easily pick up some slack, if needed. They are flying around planes at less than capacity every day. The issue is that Amazon freight is notoriously low-yield, so historically they have turned down Amazon freight that was available. If Amazon offered a few cents more per package, then sure it's very feasible.

The only time UPS turns them down is when we are capacity constrained and they are over projections. And I can’t think of one time locally we have been unable to service all of their air.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

1337Delta764

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/g ... F4A5D15B3E

Looks like FedEx Express is ending its contract with Amazon. Right now Ground is not affected. I wonder how will this impact Amazon's One-Day Shipping initiative.

wjcandee

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Yeah it's just the airside that they will not be renewing. I'm not sure when the contract rolls over. Presumably, they gave Amazon plenty of time to make adjustments. This raises the question of whether Amazon will transition to a one-day are network, or make the commitment to adding one day are on a significant basis. It also opens up an opportunity for the postal service and for DHL, frankly, to pick up overnight air shipment, even if DHL delivery Network can't support it.

wjcandee

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Forgive the typos in the last post. I was dictating while walking... Oy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos