redcap1962

Re: Swiss Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:30 pm

https://superconstellation.org/images/MV_4JUL_D.pdf

Information of the Extraordinary General Meeting of July 4, 2019

[...]

HB-RSC "Star of Switzerland" will be dismantled and relocated in the next few weeks.
Our Super Connie L-1049, incl. Inventory, will go - retroactive to July 1, 2019 - to a German
Investor group of aviation enthusiasts, which it has set itself the goal in the next three years
to rehabilitate her and bring her back into the air.
The investor group already owns several airworthy, historic aircraft. It takes over,
also on July 1, 2019 all costs in connection with our Connie
(Mechanic wages, hangar rivets, disassembly and transport costs, etc.) as well as all spare parts and
tools.

[...]

According to this article:
https://www.austrianwings.info/2019/07/ ... r-abheben/
the new owner is said to be:
https://www.meiermotors.com/
This is your pilot speaking. Welcome to flight one from here to there. We'll be flying at a height of ten feet, going up to twelve and a half feet if we see anything big. My copilot today is a flask of coffee.

Eddie Izzard

winstonavgeek

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:02 pm

stylo777 wrote:
winstonavgeek wrote:
Isn't ICN basically confirmed with IAD and YYZ being the two airports battling it out for Swiss? I could see an ICN 4x weekly with YYZ 4x weekly and IAD 4x weekly. That way, the 2 aircraft freed up could operate all of these routes without picking and choosing between YYZ or IAD.

ICN is probably quite high in the ranking, but still not confirmed. could also be another Asian destination.
IAD or YYZ; both have similar chances to see LX service.
your proposed tripple 4x weekly flights isn't very attractive for LX in overall. their minimum is 5x weekly and directly opening 3 new longhaul destinations is quite a stretch - even for them.

talking about the freed up capacity; it's almost certain that BOS goes 77W. my other bet is NRT.
let's wait and see...

Oh, five weekly is the minimum start. I do see a similar case for YYZ and IAD. At the moment YYZ looks more likely due to the shortage of LH group presence. It will be interesting to see how AC responds to their partner(if it happens).

winstonavgeek

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Bhoy wrote:
winstonavgeek wrote:
Isn't ICN basically confirmed with IAD and YYZ being the two airports battling it out for Swiss? I could see an ICN 4x weekly with YYZ 4x weekly and IAD 4x weekly. That way, the 2 aircraft freed up could operate all of these routes without picking and choosing between YYZ or IAD.

Are you suggesting AC drop YYZ-ZRH totally in favour of metal neutral joint Venture LX service? In which case, going from daily to 4x Weekly service is hardly an 'enhancement'.
Or that AC drop to 3x Weekly service on the days LX don't operate? Makes little sense with a schedule staying the same every day (LX plane sitting about in Toronto for ~8 hours)
Or that LX supplements the daily AC flight 4/Week? That's a helluva step up in Capacity if so.

In my opinion, AC is going to keep their metal on the route with a slight drop in capacity to a 787, 767, or the A330 to supplement the new service from LX. That way, the 200 seat drop in capacity, will be made up by LX. However, on the other 2 days(assuming that LX starts it 5 weekly), the 200 seat drop in capacity will be a bit rough to facilitate.

whywhyzee

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:13 pm

winstonavgeek wrote:
stylo777 wrote:
winstonavgeek wrote:

ICN is probably quite high in the ranking, but still not confirmed. could also be another Asian destination.
IAD or YYZ; both have similar chances to see LX service.
your proposed tripple 4x weekly flights isn't very attractive for LX in overall. their minimum is 5x weekly and directly opening 3 new longhaul destinations is quite a stretch - even for them.

talking about the freed up capacity; it's almost certain that BOS goes 77W. my other bet is NRT.
let's wait and see...

Oh, five weekly is the minimum start. I do see a similar case for YYZ and IAD. At the moment YYZ looks more likely due to the shortage of LH group presence. It will be interesting to see how AC responds to their partner(if it happens).

I don't know how much weight I give the LH group argument for YYZ's favour. Remember, OS didn't pull out insofar as they were replaced by a significantly larger AC 789 on YYZ-VIE. Capacity increased by almost 50% as a result. Through their JV, they have shown a willingness to spread the wealth around group and non-group carriers.

YYZ-ZRH is a significantly larger market by volume alone compared to IAD, with an edge of 30k pax/year in 2017, which was before AC expanded to put the 77W on the route, which increased capacity by 25%. UA runs IAD-ZRH on a 788, it can easily be upguaged to a 789 or 78J if they want more capacity, whereas YYZ-ZRH for the summer at least cannot. The winter sees 789 equipment.

stylo777

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:52 pm

what about US-connection traffic?
LX arrives rather late in EWR so I assume less onward traffic. Their ORD flights are better suited since these depart in the morning and around noon. I'm sure they carry a lot of passengers with onward flights on UA; however, ORD might (geographically) not be the best place to connect to the North/Mid/South-East. IAD seems to be better positioned.
OTOH, United also runs a daily IAD-GVA besides their daily IAD-ZRH...

it remains exciting...

PhilInBRN

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Blerg wrote:
So does LX stand any chance on GVA-PRG? They seem to have struggled in Geneva.

According to the Swiss CEO, Thomas Klühr, their GVA operation broke just about even in 2018. From a customer experience, the LX operation in GVA offers very good value for the money.
True, the actual Y-class in-flight product on their GVA flights (catering not included) is nowadays not much better objectively than what EZY offers. On the other hand, their prices have also become veeery competitive. And I can tell you from my own experience that many people (especially in the German-speaking part of Switzerland) will at similar prices always give LX the nod over EZY. Living about in between ZRH and GVA I've on many occasions opted to fly LX out of GVA as it was just the best value for money. In the past, I've done BDS-GVA for CHF 45 one-way, GVA-MAD for CHF 110 in J-class one-way, GVA-NCE return for CHF 100m GVA-FAO return for CHF 280 and several other flights. LX were usually a slight bit more expensive than easyJet but offered better flight times and I much prefer the CS100/300 over the cramped EZS airbusses.
Whether LX can make a profit on these fares is another question. However, I firmly believe that their strategy is paying off thanks to a very efficient fleet and the right network strategy (very few core business markets at higher frequencies such as LHR/FRA/MUC/LCY/ZRH; many holiday/VFR flights in competition with EZY). It has also helped their profitability that they built up a GVA-based flight attendant corps a few years ago. I've heard that they plan on making GVA a pilot base as well. This could further improve their competitiveness as nowadays all pilots have to fly/drive in from ZRH.

As for the new LX destinations and the questions as to why they would go head-to-head against KE. Tourism from Korea to Switzerland is actually at an all-time high right now and interest for Korea has also steadily increased in Switzerland. Business ties have grown as well between the two economies. Despite the KE direct flights, ICN was actually one of the destinations with the most in-direct departing passengers from ZRH. According to Swiss Federal Bureau of Statistics (& my own calculations), in 2018 a total of 90 passengers per day used in-direct/connecting flights to ICN (in 2017: 108 PDEW on indirect flights). In addition, an average of 53 pax depart GVA heading to ICN on connecting flights every day.
If LX manages to capture the bulk of these passengers, stimulate market demand and also get some connecting pax, ICN could be a promising destination from them using the A340-300. LX could also cooperate with Asiana by codesharing on the ZRH-ICN route and by offering onward connections from ICN to other Korean & Japanese cities.

kimimm19

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:14 am

More meddling from LH and Spohr at the possible expense of LX:

Summary of Blick article:

- Zurich's LX longhaul hub at risk
- Restrictions, taxes, & curfews could make LH transfer longhaul flights to Frankfurt or Munich Hubs from Zurich
- This could see LX's longhaul destination count reduced to around 10
- These few destinations would be served with smaller and more efficient widebodies

https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/sw ... 19295.html

This is really quite infruiating, for LH to even hint at meddling with its cash cow all so LH can benefit. It also answers the question why LX has had a 787 painted in the press release a few weeks ago and that it's all coming together.

What would LX have to do to get out from underneath LH? Would the Swiss government have to step in?

Bhoy

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:21 am

kimimm19 wrote:
More meddling from LH and Spohr at the possible expense of LX:

Summary of Blick article:

- Zurich's LX longhaul hub at risk
- Restrictions, taxes, & curfews could make LH transfer longhaul flights to Frankfurt or Munich Hubs from Zurich
- This could see LX's longhaul destination count reduced to around 10
- These few destinations would be served with smaller and more efficient widebodies

https://www.blick.ch/news/wirtschaft/sw ... 19295.html

This is really quite infruiating, for LH to even hint at meddling with its cash cow all so LH can benefit. It also answers the question why LX has had a 787 painted in the press release a few weeks ago and that it's all coming together.

What would LX have to do to get out from underneath LH? Would the Swiss government have to step in?
LH are moving flights away from FRA to MUC as it is with their argument with FRAport, they're hardly going to sacrifice ZRH ops to move flights to FRA. Sounds like an empty threat to me designed to put pressure on politicians.

LH779

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:00 am

The paranoia of LH Group destroying all it's airlines just to benefit LH on this forum is really quite interesting.
Swiss is the most profitable airline of the group, they replaced 10 A343s with 10 77Ws (with two more next year for expansion) which is an increase of around 100 seats per aircraft, have 30 brand new A220s and have enough A320neos on order to replace the entire current narrowbody fleet.
These comments are not more than just empty threats to try and lobby against additional restrictions at ZRH.

YYZORD

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:18 pm

YYZ can give US connections too for LX, AC flies to a lot of US destinations from YYZ.

stylo777 wrote:
what about US-connection traffic?
LX arrives rather late in EWR so I assume less onward traffic. Their ORD flights are better suited since these depart in the morning and around noon. I'm sure they carry a lot of passengers with onward flights on UA; however, ORD might (geographically) not be the best place to connect to the North/Mid/South-East. IAD seems to be better positioned.
OTOH, United also runs a daily IAD-GVA besides their daily IAD-ZRH...

it remains exciting...

YangFeng

Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:36 pm

I wouldn't be so quick as to dismiss what Spohr and Klühr are saying as "empty threats". These are clear warnings to airports and regulators: We have four hubs FRA, MUC, VIE, and ZRH and we will go where growth is welcomed/possible. This is a deliberate communication strategy on their part.

Blerg

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm

From 28.10.2019 Transavia will be launching Nantes-Geneve onboard its B738. Flights operate on Fridays and Sundays and they seem to be targetting weekend travellers. I am curious to see how well this route performs.

https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-07-16-t ... 13787.html

SCQ83

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:19 pm

easyJet has cancelled 2 weekly flights GVA-SCQ in August and 1 weekly in September and October (so it is now 5 weekly in August and 6 in Sep/Oct; until July 31 it is daily). No changes in Winter season up to March 2020. Certainly this is not due to lack of demand since most SCQ-GVA in August are now fully booked and asking up to 699 EUR one way.

Is this due to aircraft delays, too many scheduled flights or are they moving those frequencies to other destinations? Has this happened in other destinations ex-GVA?

SCQ83

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Blerg wrote:
From 28.10.2019 Transavia will be launching Nantes-Geneve onboard its B738. Flights operate on Fridays and Sundays and they seem to be targetting weekend travellers. I am curious to see how well this route performs.

https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-07-16-t ... 13787.html

There are plenty of French people living in GVA and the French-speaking Switzerland (for obvious linguistic/economic reasons). easyJet already flies GVA-NTE.

Also it will work for French people in the Nantes area travelling to the Alps in winter for skiing as well as people in Suisse Romande with second homes or going to the beach in summer to the Loire. Not everybody fancies the Mediterranean and a lot of French/French-speaking Swiss/Belgian people take their summer holidays in the Atlantic French coast.

So there is nothing odd about it. It will be a healthy mix of French VFR and tourism in both directions and year-round. The only question is whether easyJet will strike back to keep their monopoly.

Someone83

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:22 am

British Airways is reducing both ZRH and GVA from LCY the coming Winter.

Is Swiss winning the battle between LCY and Switzerland?

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-24jul19/

Blerg

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 am

LCY-GVA is pretty drastic, from 16 to just 6 weekly flights! Zurich is down from 27 to 22 so they still have more or less three daily, Geneva isn't even daily.

jghealey

Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:52 am

Someone83 wrote:

Swiss is certainly a nicer experience, especially on the new A220s which now exclusively operate the route out of GVA. They are also much cheaper on most days... clearly BA feels they can make more money elsewhere

YangFeng

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:30 pm

After publicly mentioning a few times that they could imagine up-gauging BKK-ZRH from 77W to A380, it seems that Thai Airways has decided to add three weekly frequencies operated by A350.

phofmannsair

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:53 pm

A few more pictures of the Geneva's "Aile Est": https://twitter.com/Phofmannsair/status/1154698313859551232?s=19

As sauf in the tweet, the main structure is now fully completed, the main big crane has been removed during the last few nights (last parts left the airport today). I'm hoping to visit the construction site from the inside again in September or end of October.

Patrick.

YangFeng

Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:36 pm

"Schweiz am Wochenende" reports that LX isn't able to obtain the desired slot at ICN and is now considering KIX instead. LX refused to comment on the story.

DALCE

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:16 pm

Expect LX to announce the new destinations in short time from now. Looking already forward to the discussion :D :D
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,CS3,E75,E90,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,
753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

Robbie86

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm

I’m flying ZRH-NRT with Swiss next year, in March. Just got an email saying that they changed it from a a340 to the B773. Anyone know if this is a temporary change or one that’s more long-term?

Theotime74

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:13 pm

I flew recently to JNB and the planned aircraft type has changed several times between A333 and A343.
However, I never received an email from LX

Bhoy

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Theotime74 wrote:
I flew recently to JNB and the planned aircraft type has changed several times between A333 and A343.
However, I never received an email from LX

On the whole, the seat allocation from 333 to 343 is the same. But the 77W is a big change in layout (especially if you've pre-booked seats)

PhilInBRN

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:28 pm

YangFeng wrote:
After publicly mentioning a few times that they could imagine up-gauging BKK-ZRH from 77W to A380, it seems that Thai Airways has decided to add three weekly frequencies operated by A350.

Can you provide more information? I dp not see additional flights available for booking. What are the scheduled flight times?

stylo777

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Robbie86 wrote:
I’m flying ZRH-NRT with Swiss next year, in March. Just got an email saying that they changed it from a a340 to the B773. Anyone know if this is a temporary change or one that’s more long-term?

yes, it's already loaded in the GDS eff. 29MAR20 daily 77W ZRH-NRT-ZRH
this was pretty much expected... wondering which destination will follow?!?

stylo777

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:25 am

YangFeng wrote:
"Schweiz am Wochenende" reports that LX isn't able to obtain the desired slot at ICN and is now considering KIX instead. LX refused to comment on the story.

for all German speakers/readers, here is the article mentioning the KIX option:
https://www.luzernerzeitung.ch/wirtscha ... ld.1138745

RainerBoeing777

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:52 am

stylo777 wrote:
Robbie86 wrote:

yes, it's already loaded in the GDS eff. 29MAR20 daily 77W ZRH-NRT-ZRH
this was pretty much expected... wondering which destination will follow?!?

Shanghai Pu Dong (PVG) it must be the next route with B77W, Tokyo was obviously expected, I would like them to move from NRT to HND! ZRH-HND with B77W would be a very lucrative event in fact Tokyo is one of the most profitable routes of LX

YangFeng wrote:

Thai Airways changed to A380 from BKK-CDG daily with B77W and three times a week with A359, the A380 must be between ZRH, MUC or SYD any of those three destinations
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

LSZH34

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 am

DALCE wrote:
Expect LX to announce the new destinations in short time from now. Looking already forward to the discussion :D :D

Looking forward to it. As expected, NRT will go 77W daily...

DALCE

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 am

Robbie86 wrote:

NRT will indeed be upgauged from A343 to 77W ops from March onwards.
With the new destinations coming up, expect some more shuffling around of aircraft types on certain routes.
Since there has not been an official announcement I unfortunately can't share this info yet.

In general, starting new destinations with 77W does not make sense unless you are Emirates and have nothing smaller in your fleet ( 777LR not taken into consideration), those will be opened with A333/343 equipment and current Airbus destinations will get the 77W.
flown: F50,F70,CR1,CR2,CR9,CS3,E75,E90,143,AR8,AR1,733,735,736,73G,738,
753,763,744,77W,788,319,320,321,333,AB6.

stylo777

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:17 pm

(also according to GDS data) it seems like the regular daily year-round MIA rotation (LX64/65) is going to be upgauged to 77W as well (eff. 29MAR20).
please correct me if I'm wrong, but both flights to MIA are usualy operated with 333 with only one-off substitutions to 77W in peak season.

RainerBoeing777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Already swiss will soon announce its new routes! Apparently there are 2!

https://twitter.com/FlySWISS/status/1157576841378459648

YangFeng

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:27 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

Hopefully ZRH-KIX will be one of them. Up-gauging ZRH-TYO (they might get their HND slot one day) to 77W is long overdue, but if a new route to Japan comes to pass, it would be a bit of a surprise. Even though LX has analyzed KIX, ICN seemed to be almost a done deal.

YangFeng

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:30 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Thai Airways changed to A380 from BKK-CDG daily with B77W and three times a week with A359, the A380 must be between ZRH, MUC or SYD any of those three destinations

Not sure I understand correctly. Could you elaborate?

jghealey

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm

YangFeng wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

I think they mean that since the a380 has been taken off the CDG route, that leaves free capacity which will need to be reallocated elsewhere and the only options are those above

RainerBoeing777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:05 pm

YangFeng wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/285615/thai-airways-international-w19-paris-service-changes/

Thai (TG) changed its operation in CDG, now freeing some of its A380 possibly moving to MUC, ZRH and SYD are the 3 strongest destinations that can receive the A380

YangFeng

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:29 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Not sure about A380 handling capacity at Zurich Airport. Would TG have to change their departure time or are they outside of EK/SQ turnarounds? As far as I know, there are only two gates capable of handling the A380, or maybe that has changed?

dodoma

Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:38 pm

YangFeng wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

Hopefully ZRH-KIX will be one of them. Up-gauging ZRH-TYO (they might get their HND slot one day) to 77W is long overdue, but if a new route to Japan comes to pass, it would be a bit of a surprise. Even though LX has analyzed KIX, ICN seemed to be almost a done deal.

Swiss CEO Thomas Klühr just announced in an interview that they will start offering services to Washington (IAD) and Osaka (KIX) in March 2020.

https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sonntagsze ... y/15082035

YangFeng

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:11 am

dodoma wrote:

Swiss CEO Thomas Klühr just announced in an interview that they will start offering services to Washington (IAD) and Osaka (KIX) in March 2020.

Thanks! Makes a lot of sense. :)

stylo777

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:31 am

Great to finally see the annoucement. Seems like the slots couldn't be obtained for ICN thus the KIX alternative.

https://twitter.com/flyswiss/status/115 ... 37216?s=21

qf789

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:35 am

dodoma wrote:
YangFeng wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:

In addition to the 2 new routes both MIA and NRT will be upgraded to 77W

https://swiss.newsmarket.com/english/pr ... 0bf8ff265c
Forum Moderator

LSZH34

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:03 am

Great additions! Quite remarkable that they managed to fit in the KIX flights into the noon wave. IAD also not too badly positioned with 1345LT.

Here the overview:

Winter 2019/2020

Zurich – Osaka LX 162 13:00 – 08:45 Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun
Osaka – Zurich LX 163 11:00 – 16:00 Mon/Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun

Summer 2020

Zurich – Osaka LX 162 13:00 – 07:50 Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun
Osaka – Zurich LX 163 10:05 – 15:45 Mon/Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun

Zurich – Washington, D.C. LX 70 13:45 – 17:00 Daily
Washington, D.C. – Zurich LX 71 20:35 – 10:40 Daily

LXA340

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:05 pm

DCA350 wrote:
I think Swiss sees both the A350 and 787.. There's too big of a gap between the 787 and 777, additionally the A350 can eventually replace the 777 down the line.. 787 for A330 replacement and A350 for A340/777 replacement.. Extremely efficient fleet

The A350 would be the most ideal replacement since it can replace the A343's and eventually the A333's and B77W's which will give LX again a unified long haul fleet. As B77W replacement the A350-1000 would be an option combined with the A359 for the remaining fleet.

Is there any update when the 2 remaining A343's will be refurbished? I assume the A333's will be refurbished with new cabins around 2021 when the introduction of the Premium Economy will be made? There were also some rumours that the OS fleet would be replaced with the SWISS A333's, but don't know how realistic it would be.

Concerning the new destinations, it looks like ICN was the favorit but LX didn't receive suitable slots (morning arrival and departure in ICN), however it looks like the route remains on the radar and if LX would receive further aircraft the route could be operated as of 2021?

LSZH34

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:47 pm

LXA340 wrote:
Is there any update when the 2 remaining A343's will be refurbished? I assume the A333's will be refurbished with new cabins around 2021 when the introduction of the Premium Economy will be made?

The remaining 2 A343 will be refurbished after the peak summer season.

LXA340 wrote:
Concerning the new destinations, it looks like ICN was the favorit but LX didn't receive suitable slots (morning arrival and departure in ICN), however it looks like the route remains on the radar and if LX would receive further aircraft the route could be operated as of 2021?

2021 would be very quick. They need additional metal for yet another longhaul. Maybe the order of the 350/787 will include additional aircraft for further longhaul expansion. And KIX has yet to prove itself, although I have no doubt LX will be successful on that route.

Lewton

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:09 pm

jghealey wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

Swiss is certainly a nicer experience, especially on the new A220s which now exclusively operate the route out of GVA. They are also much cheaper on most days... clearly BA feels they can make more money elsewhere

What aircraft is Swiss using on the ZRH-LCY route?

kimimm19

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Lewton wrote:
jghealey wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

Like on ZRH-BHX, they use E190s operated by Helvetic, with the exception of peak flights where the CS100 has been used.

Lewton

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm

kimimm19 wrote:
Lewton wrote:
jghealey wrote:

Like on ZRH-BHX, they use E190s operated by Helvetic, with the exception of peak flights where the CS100 has been used.

Thanks.

jghealey

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm

LXA340 wrote:
DCA350 wrote:
I think Swiss sees both the A350 and 787.. There's too big of a gap between the 787 and 777, additionally the A350 can eventually replace the 777 down the line.. 787 for A330 replacement and A350 for A340/777 replacement.. Extremely efficient fleet

Is there any update when the 2 remaining A343's will be refurbished? I assume the A333's will be refurbished with new cabins around 2021 when the introduction of the Premium Economy will be made? There were also some rumours that the OS fleet would be replaced with the SWISS A333's, but don't know how realistic it would be.

I don't recall Swiss mentioning that they'd retrofit the A333s unfortunately.. if I remember correctly, in their press release they stated that the A343s and B77Ws would get premium economy and of course these already have the new first, business and economy seats so it is simply a matter of removing a few of the existing business/economy seats (presumably economy?) and replacing them with premium economy ones.

YangFeng

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Any chance LX will launch flights to the Baltic countries in the foreseeable future?

stylo777

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:01 pm

I read somewhere that they plan to introduce a complete new premium eco seat, not the one LH/OS are currently using. The development of the seat of course takes time and I strongly believe it would go into the 77W planes first. Also don't forget that LX has and will maintain First in all longhaul aircraft. I don't expect PE before 2022.

I regards to Baltic countries, the demand is probably covered already by BT via RIX and via the LH Group hubs FRA and VIE. But ZRH-TLL would be a nice addition onboard A220 and a flight time of around 2:45. On the other hand, they would probably go to HEL first before adding TLL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos