• 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
 
Rafale9312
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
blueheronNC wrote:

Whatever happened to the WN RDU-SJC flight that was supposed to start June 2019?


MAX victim, most likely.


It's only flown on Sundays too.
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Does anyone know or heard when the United Club will be opening?
Aiming High and going far..
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:08 pm

ERJ170 wrote:
Does anyone know or heard when the United Club will be opening?

No set date yet. End of summer is what I’ve been told.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
User avatar
jetpixx
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 pm

I looked back quite a bit in the thread, so excuse if this is a repeat - RDU to JAX on DL

www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2019/ ... t.amp.html
ABE, BIL, BOS, BUF, BWI, CAE, CAK, CHS, CLE, CLT, CVG, DAY, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, GSO, IAD, IAH, IND, ISP, JAX, JFK, LAS, LGA, M57, MDW, MEM, MHT, MIA, MKE, MLB, MSO, MSP, OMA, ORD, PBI, PHL, PIT, PVD, RDU, SEA, SFO, SLC, SJU, STL, SYR, TLH, TMB, TUL, YVR
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
So many better markets in the US for DL to add. Calgary doesn’t have the PDEW and YYZ is plenty well serviced/can be connected through LGA. LAS and DFW are far more likely.


DL is already adding RDU-LAS, albeit 1x weekly, but still

January 2020 on Saturdays. Not overly exciting.


Going 3x weekly in May according to DL.com
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
YYZORD
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 pm

WS could add YYZ-RDU with the Q400 Encore fleet if the WS/DL JV gets approved! This article shows how the Q400 can replace some DL connection routes 700 miles or less from Canada.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/westjet-d ... C18OOYUsZQ
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:55 am

Midwestindy wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

DL is already adding RDU-LAS, albeit 1x weekly, but still

January 2020 on Saturdays. Not overly exciting.


Going 3x weekly in May according to DL.com

May 2020 schedule is no where near final.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:02 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
January 2020 on Saturdays. Not overly exciting.


Going 3x weekly in May according to DL.com

May 2020 schedule is no where near final.


Airlines like DL don't load in frequencies of brand new flights to take them away, if the schedule does change it will be a guage change or an increase in frequency.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
ScrantonUSC
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 pm

According to enilria's weekly OAG post, Delta's RDU-MSY will be increasing to 4 times per week in December, and 3 times in January.

"DL MSY-RDU DEC 0.2>0.6[0] JAN 0.2>0.4[0]"
 
RDUflyer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Not super exciting, but RDU announced F9 is starting daily ATL and MIA in November.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9318
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:31 am

RDUflyer wrote:
Not super exciting, but RDU announced F9 is starting daily ATL and MIA in November.


It is interesting. Got to imagine DL,WN, and AA will retaliate.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
msycajun
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 am

ScrantonUSC wrote:
According to enilria's weekly OAG post, Delta's RDU-MSY will be increasing to 4 times per week in December, and 3 times in January.

"DL MSY-RDU DEC 0.2>0.6[0] JAN 0.2>0.4[0]"

Actually appears to be daily for the two weeks around Christmas and New Year's, and Sat/Sun apart from that. Good to see them continuing and expanding in spite of all of the competition. I'm surprised F9 and G4 are still on it.
 
jbwhite99
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 pm

casinterest wrote:
RDUflyer wrote:
Not super exciting, but RDU announced F9 is starting daily ATL and MIA in November.


It is interesting. Got to imagine DL,WN, and AA will retaliate.


and Frontier, which has been offering Boston service on a seasonal basis, has decided to make it year round (but only 3x in the winter, starting on November 14, same date as the ATL and MIA service starts).
 
Rafale9312
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:52 pm

After a year of planning and construction, the United Club at RDU will open this Saturday, August 10th.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2019/08/07/high-class-united-airlines-luxury-club-at-rdu-will.html
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9318
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Interesting tidbit in the July Numbers for RDU
http://www.rdu.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... h-CYTD.pdf

Along with a 8.5% YOY growth, there were 29,000 + Connections. This is almost twice as many connections as 2018 ( the whole year).
Anyone know who was doing all the connections?

As an aside it seems that United had some issues in July. Posting negative growth for the month. I wonder if Spirit or the new Air Canada Montreal service is negatively impacting their markets
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
cessna2
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Interesting information! I know DL offers connections in RDU but i'm not sure it's that much.

Also it appears that a second daily RDU-SLC route starts 6/08/2020 and there will also be a few frequency adds on DL routes. It'll bring them up to 85 peak day departures. Getting closer to the 100 daily flights they want.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 am

casinterest wrote:
Interesting tidbit in the July Numbers for RDU
http://www.rdu.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... h-CYTD.pdf

Along with a 8.5% YOY growth, there were 29,000 + Connections. This is almost twice as many connections as 2018 ( the whole year).
Anyone know who was doing all the connections?

As an aside it seems that United had some issues in July. Posting negative growth for the month. I wonder if Spirit or the new Air Canada Montreal service is negatively impacting their markets


My guess the rankings of airlines with connecting pax would be:

1. DL
2. WN
3. AA
4. F9
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
MastaHanky
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 7:02 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:19 am

cessna2 wrote:
Also it appears that a second daily RDU-SLC route starts 6/08/2020 and there will also be a few frequency adds on DL routes. It'll bring them up to 85 peak day departures. Getting closer to the 100 daily flights they want.


That’s fantastic! I expected RDU-SLC to eventually go 2x/daily when enough A220s were available, but it looks like they’re scheduling 738s on both flights. Quite a capacity increase!
 
RDUflyer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:30 pm

cessna2 wrote:
Interesting information! I know DL offers connections in RDU but i'm not sure it's that much.

Also it appears that a second daily RDU-SLC route starts 6/08/2020 and there will also be a few frequency adds on DL routes. It'll bring them up to 85 peak day departures. Getting closer to the 100 daily flights they want.


Great news! I live near RDU and have noticed (anecdotally) that BOS is mostly 717 now with an A320 mixed in (along with CR7/9s, depending on the day). The FLL flight is A320 for now. MCO is currently all 717 with an A320. I'm sure this varies by seasonality, but still exciting to see.
 
RDUflyer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:46 pm

In case anyone didn't see this, RDU was impacted a little bit by AS's route shakeup. They are dialing back RDU-SFO to seasonal. Route will suspend Nov. 4 and resume April 20.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska-airlines-adds-8-routes-drops-11-in-west-coast-shakeup/?fbclid=IwAR00MzQ1TZThnA9YX3TEHCu8T_-_Mwx4hmjkgDOoprHKhy6vtqjVDO2k_Gc
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 am

RDUflyer wrote:
In case anyone didn't see this, RDU was impacted a little bit by AS's route shakeup. They are dialing back RDU-SFO to seasonal. Route will suspend Nov. 4 and resume April 20.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska-airlines-adds-8-routes-drops-11-in-west-coast-shakeup/?fbclid=IwAR00MzQ1TZThnA9YX3TEHCu8T_-_Mwx4hmjkgDOoprHKhy6vtqjVDO2k_Gc

Unfortunately not surprising. AS would likely find more success with PDX and no competition.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
Rafale9312
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:59 am

rajincajun01 wrote:
RDUflyer wrote:
In case anyone didn't see this, RDU was impacted a little bit by AS's route shakeup. They are dialing back RDU-SFO to seasonal. Route will suspend Nov. 4 and resume April 20.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska-airlines-adds-8-routes-drops-11-in-west-coast-shakeup/?fbclid=IwAR00MzQ1TZThnA9YX3TEHCu8T_-_Mwx4hmjkgDOoprHKhy6vtqjVDO2k_Gc

Unfortunately not surprising. AS would likely find more success with PDX and no competition.


I second this, but at least it's not going away completely. Does someone have the latest PDEW numbers for RDU-PDX?
 
RDUDDJI
Posts: 2104
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:42 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:17 am

RDUflyer wrote:
In case anyone didn't see this, RDU was impacted a little bit by AS's route shakeup. They are dialing back RDU-SFO to seasonal. Route will suspend Nov. 4 and resume April 20.



Sounds like a good time for DL to start RDU-SJC... :)
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them
 
GSP psgr
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:09 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:11 am

I wonder if with the new Midwest Express (or Delta as a pre-emptive measure) we'll see RDU-MKE sooner rather than later. Delta (via NW) is probably the dominant legacy there, and MKE is one of the larger unserved markets from RDU anyways.
 
jbwhite99
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 am

A lot of this has been known (like the consolidated car rental center), but it sounds like everyone will be routed this way - it sounds like Uber and Hotel shuttles as well as cars. Surprised only 50 seats in the air conditioning.

Also says that travel has been growing in the double digits - even better than thought...

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/08/30 ... terminals/
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:34 am

You know.. SJC is the only focus city not connected to RDU. I feel like that’s probably the next destination or so... and then I’m looking at JV and codeshare locations and wondering why Westjet and Aeromexico haven’t started service. And thinking of the base for Endeavor, it could do Sat service to NAS and BDA with the aircraft that sits on the ground during the weekend. I wonder why not? And lastly, DL started a 9.7% growth at RDU. With the addition of JAX, I’m gonna assume the rest will be upguaging CRJ/CR7 to CR9/E75/717 and maybe a few mainline.. along with the 2nd SLC and maybe the SJC or a 2nd SEA? Thoughts?
Aiming High and going far..
 
HardeesBiscuit
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Rafale9312 wrote:
After a year of planning and construction, the United Club at RDU will open this Saturday, August 10th.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2019/08/07/high-class-united-airlines-luxury-club-at-rdu-will.html


Now that all three majors have clubs at RDU, does anybody know the square footages for each Club?
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Are there any thoughts that RDU will get more DL regional flying in line for 9E with the fleet growth from GoJet?
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:31 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
Are there any thoughts that RDU will get more DL regional flying in line for 9E with the fleet growth from GoJet?


Per the press release, there should be increased flying. Not sure if that means new destinations, increased frequencies, or what.
Aiming High and going far..
 
josepha1
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:02 am

Noise wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
CanesFan wrote:

42nd St. Oyster Bar in the terminal is pretty good.


taxi to Angus Barn at one of the entrances to the airport. Amazing food & experience the times I have been when visiting.


If you have a three-hour layover in RDU, you're actually probably better off leaving the airport and yes, going to Angus Barn or heading over to Brier Creek and checking out some of the restaurants there. Dining options at RDU are...underwhelming. 42nd Street Oyster Bar isn't good, and Whisker River BBQ is "passable". You're probably better off going off-airport.



I've lived in the triangle all my life. If you have a significant layover and you want to leave the airport, there are so many better options just in the Brier Creek area. Mellow Mushroom, great pizza.
 
Noise
Posts: 2457
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 pm

josepha1 wrote:
Noise wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:

taxi to Angus Barn at one of the entrances to the airport. Amazing food & experience the times I have been when visiting.


If you have a three-hour layover in RDU, you're actually probably better off leaving the airport and yes, going to Angus Barn or heading over to Brier Creek and checking out some of the restaurants there. Dining options at RDU are...underwhelming. 42nd Street Oyster Bar isn't good, and Whisker River BBQ is "passable". You're probably better off going off-airport.



I've lived in the triangle all my life. If you have a significant layover and you want to leave the airport, there are so many better options just in the Brier Creek area. Mellow Mushroom, great pizza.


Could not agree more!!!
 
User avatar
jetpixx
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:29 pm

With AUS landing KLM 3x per week, I wonder if RDU was at least in the discussion for similar service. AUS and RDU are similar as DL focus cities...and they're up to 5 TATL flights now.
ABE, BIL, BOS, BUF, BWI, CAE, CAK, CHS, CLE, CLT, CVG, DAY, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, GSO, IAD, IAH, IND, ISP, JAX, JFK, LAS, LGA, M57, MDW, MEM, MHT, MIA, MKE, MLB, MSO, MSP, OMA, ORD, PBI, PHL, PIT, PVD, RDU, SEA, SFO, SLC, SJU, STL, SYR, TLH, TMB, TUL, YVR
 
Murdoughnut
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:28 pm

jetpixx wrote:
With AUS landing KLM 3x per week, I wonder if RDU was at least in the discussion for similar service. AUS and RDU are similar as DL focus cities...and they're up to 5 TATL flights now.


With existing CDG service, I'm not sure if adding another SkyTeam European hub would make much sense.
 
User avatar
jetpixx
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:45 am

Murdoughnut wrote:
jetpixx wrote:
With AUS landing KLM 3x per week, I wonder if RDU was at least in the discussion for similar service. AUS and RDU are similar as DL focus cities...and they're up to 5 TATL flights now.


With existing CDG service, I'm not sure if adding another SkyTeam European hub would make much sense.


RDU is a growing focus city, and there are plenty of connection opportunities from DL. They're going to have a maintenance base for GOJET Airlines, so I would imagine there will be even more flights to some mid-tier cities. They could easily fill a plane to AMS 3x per week in addition to the existing CDG service. If anything, it might force AA off of the LHR route, and give DL more of an advantage in the market.
ABE, BIL, BOS, BUF, BWI, CAE, CAK, CHS, CLE, CLT, CVG, DAY, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, GSO, IAD, IAH, IND, ISP, JAX, JFK, LAS, LGA, M57, MDW, MEM, MHT, MIA, MKE, MLB, MSO, MSP, OMA, ORD, PBI, PHL, PIT, PVD, RDU, SEA, SFO, SLC, SJU, STL, SYR, TLH, TMB, TUL, YVR
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 am

I assume gate restraint could hinder some growth until the LCC move to T1. But even then, until RDUAA starts constructing new gates, it’s gonna be tight. I still, to this day, don’t see why C1,3,5 and D1,3,5 were not made the international gates... shorter route to FIS and room for growth. When not in use could be regular narrow body gates. But oh well, not my design
Aiming High and going far..
 
tphuang
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 am

jetpixx wrote:
Murdoughnut wrote:
jetpixx wrote:
With AUS landing KLM 3x per week, I wonder if RDU was at least in the discussion for similar service. AUS and RDU are similar as DL focus cities...and they're up to 5 TATL flights now.


With existing CDG service, I'm not sure if adding another SkyTeam European hub would make much sense.


RDU is a growing focus city, and there are plenty of connection opportunities from DL. They're going to have a maintenance base for GOJET Airlines, so I would imagine there will be even more flights to some mid-tier cities. They could easily fill a plane to AMS 3x per week in addition to the existing CDG service. If anything, it might force AA off of the LHR route, and give DL more of an advantage in the market.

Lol, you are not going to be able to push off ba and lhr which has far more direct demand. As is, dl already has to fill it's flight with a lot more connection itinerary. Add another flight, now you have to fill it with 2 flights with mostly connections. That's pretty low yielding stuff.
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:50 am

It’s time for United or Lufthansa to step up with some Star Alliance international presence... 3 transatlantic routes would be more than sufficient.. and it will be interesting to see how other airports will do with 3-4 TATL flights.. not sure it will be sustainable without connection feed also.
Aiming High and going far..
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:08 am

ERJ170 wrote:
It’s time for United or Lufthansa to step up with some Star Alliance international presence... 3 transatlantic routes would be more than sufficient.. and it will be interesting to see how other airports will do with 3-4 TATL flights.. not sure it will be sustainable without connection feed also.


LH is much more conservative with new routes to mid-sized cities. AUS has a stronger UA/Star presence than many of its peers, whereas most mid-sized markets east of the Mississippi where LH could theoretically expand (like RDU, BNA, etc), have a weak UA/Star presence. I’d be surprised if RDU, or any of its peers east of the Mississippi, got LH anytime soon.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:38 pm

tphuang wrote:
jetpixx wrote:
Murdoughnut wrote:

With existing CDG service, I'm not sure if adding another SkyTeam European hub would make much sense.


RDU is a growing focus city, and there are plenty of connection opportunities from DL. They're going to have a maintenance base for GOJET Airlines, so I would imagine there will be even more flights to some mid-tier cities. They could easily fill a plane to AMS 3x per week in addition to the existing CDG service. If anything, it might force AA off of the LHR route, and give DL more of an advantage in the market.

Lol, you are not going to be able to push off ba and lhr which has far more direct demand. As is, dl already has to fill it's flight with a lot more connection itinerary. Add another flight, now you have to fill it with 2 flights with mostly connections. That's pretty low yielding stuff.

Source? DL has stated the RDU-CDG route is one of its highest yielding in the whole network, hence the upgauge from 757 to 767 so quickly.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
tphuang
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:42 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
jetpixx wrote:

RDU is a growing focus city, and there are plenty of connection opportunities from DL. They're going to have a maintenance base for GOJET Airlines, so I would imagine there will be even more flights to some mid-tier cities. They could easily fill a plane to AMS 3x per week in addition to the existing CDG service. If anything, it might force AA off of the LHR route, and give DL more of an advantage in the market.

Lol, you are not going to be able to push off ba and lhr which has far more direct demand. As is, dl already has to fill it's flight with a lot more connection itinerary. Add another flight, now you have to fill it with 2 flights with mostly connections. That's pretty low yielding stuff.

Source? DL has stated the RDU-CDG route is one of its highest yielding in the whole network, hence the upgauge from 757 to 767 so quickly.


Note that was a response to previous message that DL can push BA off LHR. LHR has more O&D than CDG and AMS. So if they fly to both places, clearly CDG and AMS flight would be filling more of its cabins with connection itineraries, which are generally lower yielding than direct itineraries.

If you say the connection stuff is high yield, that's fine. Then, BA must be really raking it in on LHR with both direct/connection itineraries and have no reason to cancel the route. I don't see how DL in anyway can push BA off LHR.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:23 pm

tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Lol, you are not going to be able to push off ba and lhr which has far more direct demand. As is, dl already has to fill it's flight with a lot more connection itinerary. Add another flight, now you have to fill it with 2 flights with mostly connections. That's pretty low yielding stuff.

Source? DL has stated the RDU-CDG route is one of its highest yielding in the whole network, hence the upgauge from 757 to 767 so quickly.


Note that was a response to previous message that DL can push BA off LHR. LHR has more O&D than CDG and AMS. So if they fly to both places, clearly CDG and AMS flight would be filling more of its cabins with connection itineraries, which are generally lower yielding than direct itineraries.

If you say the connection stuff is high yield, that's fine. Then, BA must be really raking it in on LHR with both direct/connection itineraries and have no reason to cancel the route. I don't see how DL in anyway can push BA off LHR.

Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
tphuang
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:30 am

rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Source? DL has stated the RDU-CDG route is one of its highest yielding in the whole network, hence the upgauge from 757 to 767 so quickly.


Note that was a response to previous message that DL can push BA off LHR. LHR has more O&D than CDG and AMS. So if they fly to both places, clearly CDG and AMS flight would be filling more of its cabins with connection itineraries, which are generally lower yielding than direct itineraries.

If you say the connection stuff is high yield, that's fine. Then, BA must be really raking it in on LHR with both direct/connection itineraries and have no reason to cancel the route. I don't see how DL in anyway can push BA off LHR.

Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?


That's just my assumption. I assume there is more demand out of RDU to London than AMS and Paris. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:06 am

tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Note that was a response to previous message that DL can push BA off LHR. LHR has more O&D than CDG and AMS. So if they fly to both places, clearly CDG and AMS flight would be filling more of its cabins with connection itineraries, which are generally lower yielding than direct itineraries.

If you say the connection stuff is high yield, that's fine. Then, BA must be really raking it in on LHR with both direct/connection itineraries and have no reason to cancel the route. I don't see how DL in anyway can push BA off LHR.

Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?


That's just my assumption. I assume there is more demand out of RDU to London than AMS and Paris. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

That assumption is correct, however that does not mean CDG flights are full of connections.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9318
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:30 am

rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?


That's just my assumption. I assume there is more demand out of RDU to London than AMS and Paris. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

That assumption is correct, however that does not mean CDG flights are full of connections.


I think both have a lot of connections through LHR and CDG. Not through RDU. Everytime I have flown through CDG I have connected, except when I connected trough PHL to go to CDG.

I think that AMS will happen, but not while RDU is trying to replace pieces of 5L/23R on a schedule . AMS would need to offer at hours outside of CDG to facilitate different connection times. A 10:00 P.M/11:00 Departure time from RDU would be nice to see. It could get you into AMS in time for the afternoon/Evening connection banks.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:53 am

rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?


That's just my assumption. I assume there is more demand out of RDU to London than AMS and Paris. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

That assumption is correct, however that does not mean CDG flights are full of connections.


Worth noting RDU-LHR made 50.1 M in revenue, and generated the 9th most revenue out of all routes from RDU. Compared to CLT-LHR that made 91.7M (45.9 M per flight) with larger aircraft.

RDU-LHR appears to be quite lucrative

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/ne ... ue-at.html
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
tphuang
Posts: 3243
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:19 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Think you mean AA, as BA does not fly to RDU. AA has flown RDU-LON for several decades now. AA does very well thanks to filling premium cabins and large amounts of cargo.

What data do you have that DL’s route is mostly connections? Or is that an assumption?


That's just my assumption. I assume there is more demand out of RDU to London than AMS and Paris. I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

That assumption is correct, however that does not mean CDG flights are full of connections.

I was simply responding to the rather hilarious argument that DL can run AA off LON by offering another flight that will need more connection itineraries.
 
rajincajun01
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Alaska appears to be cutting SFO permanently from RDU.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:56 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
Alaska appears to be cutting SFO permanently from RDU.


I guess their single daily would work for them? Seems like all DL has to do is go double daily an AS would lose relevance. But maybe they have something else planned, I hope.
Aiming High and going far..
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
Alaska appears to be cutting SFO permanently from RDU.


Where do you see this?
 
Rafale9312
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:29 am

Re: Raleigh/Durham Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:16 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
Alaska appears to be cutting SFO permanently from RDU.


It's a seasonal suspension, the flight is available for booking from 4/22 next year.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos