Joelatbsl
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Obviously, not all these football charter ops require an A380. There are really only very few dates where this beast is actually required for that. Depending on the matchups, maybe from the quarterfinals on, there is enough demand for it. Plus, keep in mind, there are some other, way more luxurious planes available for these trips. The A380 is just there to either show size or to transport looooots of people at once.
 
User avatar
flyingphil
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 2:56 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 pm

Apparently it's flying from Stansted to Baku, Azerbaijan, on Tuesday morning.. a football charter.
 
jupiter2
Posts: 1653
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:30 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 11:26 am

Momo1435 wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:
jupiter2 wrote:

There's the niche that HiFly are looking for !!

For 1 week a year, they can shuttle football fans around Europe to the Champions and Europa League finals, assuming a home side doesn't make it of course.


If a home side made it, would they not fly in the away fans?

Yes, but he meant it like one team and fans less to fly in when the final happens to be at the homeground of one of both finalist (or even both). That's less potential business for charter flights.

It's also not just 1 week per year. The 1st qualification rounds for next seasons Champions League and UEFA Europa League already start next month, just 2 weeks after the final.

All these rounds go on for the whole year except for the winter break, with 3 play days every 2 to 3 weeks. It could a whole year round business for them if they can do it for a lower price then all these A320 and 737 operators who now dominate the market.


Obviously I need to work on how I deliver my sarcasm :sarcastic:
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 919
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 11:34 am

jupiter2 wrote:
Momo1435 wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:

If a home side made it, would they not fly in the away fans?

Yes, but he meant it like one team and fans less to fly in when the final happens to be at the homeground of one of both finalist (or even both). That's less potential business for charter flights.

It's also not just 1 week per year. The 1st qualification rounds for next seasons Champions League and UEFA Europa League already start next month, just 2 weeks after the final.

All these rounds go on for the whole year except for the winter break, with 3 play days every 2 to 3 weeks. It could a whole year round business for them if they can do it for a lower price then all these A320 and 737 operators who now dominate the market.


Obviously I need to work on how I deliver my sarcasm :sarcastic:

This is a*net, your sarcasm doesn't count. :)

Obviously it's not the biggest market, but it could easily generate more contracts then HiFly has gotten until now for the A380.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 919
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

jupiter2 wrote:
Momo1435 wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:

If a home side made it, would they not fly in the away fans?

Yes, but he meant it like one team and fans less to fly in when the final happens to be at the homeground of one of both finalist (or even both). That's less potential business for charter flights.

It's also not just 1 week per year. The 1st qualification rounds for next seasons Champions League and UEFA Europa League already start next month, just 2 weeks after the final.

All these rounds go on for the whole year except for the winter break, with 3 play days every 2 to 3 weeks. It could a whole year round business for them if they can do it for a lower price then all these A320 and 737 operators who now dominate the market.


Obviously I need to work on how I deliver my sarcasm :sarcastic:

This is a*net, your sarcasm doesn't count. :)

Obviously it's not the biggest market, but it could easily generate more contracts then HiFly has gotten until now for the A380.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm

With nearly 6-8 jumbos flying daily between LGW and MCO, not counting all the other UK markets to MCO, I'm amazed that some tour operator has not offered that A380 on this service.
Hi Fly has been subbing for Norwegian with the A340 lately..
 
Cunard
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 11:53 pm

crownvic wrote:
With nearly 6-8 jumbos flying daily between LGW and MCO, not counting all the other UK markets to MCO, I'm amazed that some tour operator has not offered that A380 on this service.
Hi Fly has been subbing for Norwegian with the A340 lately..


There are not ''nearly'' 6-8 jumbos flying daily between LGW and MCO.

During the peak summer schedule VS fly upto three times daily with the B744.

BA fly daily between LGW and MCO with the B772.

MT fly three times a week between LGW and MCO with the A333.

DY fly three times weekly between LGW and MCO with the B789.

TUI fly daily between LGW and SFB with the B789.

The major tour operators on LGW to Orlando/Sanford already have their own in house aircraft so there is no demand for any of them to offer the A380.

The very few British independent tour operators that still exist who and offer Florida will block book seats on the current airlines serving the market, there is not enough seats to warrant them chartering a A380?

The main tour operators from LGW to MCO/SFB are well covered,

British Airways Holidays... British Airways

Thomas Cook Holidays... Thomas Cook Airlines

TUI...TUI Airlines
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed May 29, 2019 2:49 am

Like I said, I'm not sure why some tour operator doesn't give it a go at least seasonal..
 
ORDfan101
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed May 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Anyone know if the rumored TLV usage is happening?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9366
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed May 29, 2019 12:21 pm

crownvic wrote:
Like I said, I'm not sure why some tour operator doesn't give it a go at least seasonal..

Because they already have their own in house airlines or just buy seats on existing flights. In addition HiFly’s A380 is not cheap to charter and is currently not set up well for tour operators- it has a heavy premium layout (72 J and F seats) ill suited for tour operator’s needs.

Even if the plane is more Y heavy there are other logistical concerns than just the air transportation that the tour operators have to worry about (eg do they have enough hotel rooms for the additional people on the tour, space on all the various activities, staff to make groups manageable, etc).
 
JPhoto
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 4:38 pm

HiFly A380 in the air currently

Fri May 31, 2019 3:00 pm

Noticed 9H-MIP is in the air from STN to??

Anybody an idea where it's going and for who it operates?

https://www.flightradar24.com/HFM651/20b6ad65
PDX-AMS
 
OlafW
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: HiFly A380 in the air currently

Fri May 31, 2019 3:58 pm

seems to be descending into JFK right now
 
User001
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: HiFly A380 in the air currently

Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Apparently carrying boxer Anthony Joshua and his entourage
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: HiFly A380 in the air currently

Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

JPhoto wrote:
Noticed 9H-MIP is in the air from STN to??

Anybody an idea where it's going and for who it operates?

https://www.flightradar24.com/HFM651/20b6ad65

JFK. They are landing 4 right now so I will get an excellent look at it. :thumbsup:
 
LHRlocal
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Just noticed that the HiFly A380 flew CDG - TNR (Madagascar) yesterday (30th June).
I have no further info at hand - anyone know who this was for?
LHRlocal
 
CO764
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:32 pm

LHRlocal wrote:
Just noticed that the HiFly A380 flew CDG - TNR (Madagascar) yesterday (30th June).
I have no further info at hand - anyone know who this was for?
LHRlocal


It was for Air Madagascar, as indicated by the MDG ICAO code in the flight number. Looks like one of their A340's is taking a few days off :)
 
User avatar
HECA
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:35 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Surprising it wasn't mentioned the Hifly A380 actively participated at the Paris Air Show last week!
KL, LH, LX, BA, AF, TK, UX, TP, AZ, HV, SK, IB, WX, UA, AA, US, DL, AC, LA, KQ, MS, 4D, ZA, RJ, QR, EK, CX, HX, JL, SQ, MH, FY, MU, CA, TG, UL, FD, K6
 
tapairbus370
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:08 am

CO764 wrote:
LHRlocal wrote:
Just noticed that the HiFly A380 flew CDG - TNR (Madagascar) yesterday (30th June).
I have no further info at hand - anyone know who this was for?
LHRlocal


It was for Air Madagascar, as indicated by the MDG ICAO code in the flight number. Looks like one of their A340's is taking a few days off :)




Hello,

It flew today ( 07/07/19), from Antananarivo to Cairo with football suporters to the CAN 2019 Round of 16 match, Madagascar- DRC.

Great!!

Maybe it will be flying them back to Madagascar around 23:00GMT...... I guess.
 
CO764
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 pm

The A380 positioned to London-Gatwick earlier today using a Norwegian callsign... my best guess is that it's about to carry some very lucky passengers to JFK!
 
Wf789
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 pm

DI7017 10:00 - New time 21:40.
Not sure if i would call it "lucky".
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm

Wf789 wrote:
DI7017 10:00 - New time 21:40.
Not sure if i would call it "lucky".


Its better than cancelled! so yeah, i'd consider lucky!
 
A350900
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 pm

It is supposed to operate for DY until October it seems.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:54 pm

I realize the HiFly A380 subs for Norwegian are to JFK, but is there a possibility of an MCO (Orlando) visit to replace the HiFly A340's currently used on that route for Norwegian??
 
TC957
Posts: 3449
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:47 pm

crownvic wrote:
I realize the HiFly A380 subs for Norwegian are to JFK, but is there a possibility of an MCO (Orlando) visit to replace the HiFly A340's currently used on that route for Norwegian??

It would surely make more sense to use it in peak summer school holiday season to MCO than JFK.
It does seem the aircraft is getting plenty of work which bodes well for the second A380 HiFly are allegedly getting.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 3967
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:33 am

CO764 wrote:
The A380 positioned to London-Gatwick earlier today using a Norwegian callsign... my best guess is that it's about to carry some very lucky passengers to JFK!

Is it common in Europe for the operating carrier to take the marketing carriers name? Skywest operating for delta will operate under a Skywest call sign in the us for example.
 
dcajet
Posts: 3937
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:32 am

It is supposed to operate for Estelar Venezuela this coming week on the CCS-EZE and CCS-MAD rotation.

https://twitter.com/RaMurias28/status/1 ... 7749851137
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:15 am

AndyEastMids wrote:
Looks like the HiFly A380 is going to be busy this summer:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrive ... eefs-a380/


dcajet wrote:
It is supposed to operate for Estelar Venezuela this coming week on the CCS-EZE and CCS-MAD rotation.

https://twitter.com/RaMurias28/status/1 ... 7749851137


I am confused. In the Forbes-article HiFly's CEO said "
“It’s one customer for the whole summer.”

But 9H-MIP will fly for Eselar for one week only, as stated above. So what am I missing?
 
User avatar
hongkongflyer
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 am

N14AZ wrote:
AndyEastMids wrote:
Looks like the HiFly A380 is going to be busy this summer:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrive ... eefs-a380/


dcajet wrote:
It is supposed to operate for Estelar Venezuela this coming week on the CCS-EZE and CCS-MAD rotation.

https://twitter.com/RaMurias28/status/1 ... 7749851137


I am confused. In the Forbes-article HiFly's CEO said "
“It’s one customer for the whole summer.”

But 9H-MIP will fly for Eselar for one week only, as stated above. So what am I missing?


And this is an ad-hoc sub for another HiFly's 340, rather then a planned charter
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

hongkongflyer wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
AndyEastMids wrote:
Looks like the HiFly A380 is going to be busy this summer:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrive ... eefs-a380/


dcajet wrote:
It is supposed to operate for Estelar Venezuela this coming week on the CCS-EZE and CCS-MAD rotation.

https://twitter.com/RaMurias28/status/1 ... 7749851137


I am confused. In the Forbes-article HiFly's CEO said "
“It’s one customer for the whole summer.”

But 9H-MIP will fly for Eselar for one week only, as stated above. So what am I missing?


And this is an ad-hoc sub for another HiFly's 340, rather then a planned charter

This leads to the question of what happened to the deal mentioned by HiFly‘s CEO? :scratchchin:
 
OlafW
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
Wf789 wrote:
DI7017 10:00 - New time 21:40.
Not sure if i would call it "lucky".


Its better than cancelled! so yeah, i'd consider lucky!


The flight is covered by EC 261, so with a delay of that time you are entitled to the full €600 compensation. I could imagine that quite a number of passengers did not pay that much for their ticket. So those who didn't have any appointments should be well off.
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:58 pm

The big bird repositioned Rome - Beja today so can we assume the sub in for Estelar is finished?

anyone any ideas what's up next for this beauty or is it back to the wait and see game?
 
Wf789
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:23 pm

It will be flying FCO-BOS as DY7941 tuesday morning.
 
Qantas16
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: HiFly A380 Operations Thread - 2019

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:31 pm

32andBelow wrote:
CO764 wrote:
The A380 positioned to London-Gatwick earlier today using a Norwegian callsign... my best guess is that it's about to carry some very lucky passengers to JFK!

Is it common in Europe for the operating carrier to take the marketing carriers name? Skywest operating for delta will operate under a Skywest call sign in the us for example.


Common in Australia for this to occur, and does occur with Hi-Fly’s A340 contract with the Australian Defence Forxe that’s uses callsign ‘Aussie’. But also for commercial operations too, such as Alliance operating VA flights using VA callsign

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos