Page 1 of 2

Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 am
by atcsundevil
Please continue from last year's discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383899

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:25 pm
by LegoAir
Today, Air Astana begins to operate the E190-E2.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/p4-kha

The airline will receive another4 190E2 this year.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm
by FabienA380
When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 pm
by LegoAir
FabienA380 wrote:
When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...


According to Embraer:
Certification: 1S19
1st Delivery: 2S19 (Azul)

Binter (Canarias will receive it first 195E2 in 4T19.

(https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... s-e195-e2/)

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:51 pm
by LegoAir
Embraer delivered the second E190-E2 to Air Astana: P4-KHB, s/n 20.013.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 pm
by Palumboism
FabienA380 wrote:
When is the 195E2 planned for certification/delivery?...


Embraer is on track to certify the E195-E2 in the first half of 2019, and deliver the first aircraft to launch operator Azul early in the second half of the year, says Slattery.


https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/embraer-eyes-campaigns-as-it-preps-for-first-e195-e2-453738/

First half of 2019, and deliver the first aircraft to launch operator Azul early in the second half of 2019.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:07 pm
by OA940
Which airlines are due to take their E2s this year? Azul and Binter I know of, but aren't Helvetic and Air Kiribati due to take theirs as well?

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 pm
by LegoAir
OA940 wrote:
Which airlines are due to take their E2s this year? Azul and Binter I know of, but aren't Helvetic and Air Kiribati due to take theirs as well?


Deliveries to Helvetic and Kiribati are planned to start late this year.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 19320.html

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 68494.html

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:36 pm
by iceberg210
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-co ... e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:45 pm
by lightsaber
iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 pm
by iceberg210
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber

Yeah looks like EIS slipped a bit,
https://www.compositesworld.com/news/em ... he-e195-e2

You're absolutely right the real concern at this point is orders than a little delay. I was just trying to figure out if I was mis remembering or what lol.

Are there any update on the 175E2's production? The last thing I saw was they'd completed the first elevator, but that's the last I saw, and I'm thinking they might put it on ice till scope discussions get finished (although who knows when that'll be.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:55 pm
by lightsaber
iceberg210 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
https://www.aviationpros.com/engines-components/aircraft-engines/turbine-engines-parts/news/21068836/pratt-whitney-delivers-gtf-pw1900g-production-engines-for-embraer-e195e2-program
Has the 195E2 been pushed back a bit, for some reason I thought it was on track for first half 2019, not second half.

As several posters noted above, certification in first half, EIS in second half.

What we need is orders by or at Paris.

Lightsaber

Yeah looks like EIS slipped a bit,
https://www.compositesworld.com/news/em ... he-e195-e2

You're absolutely right the real concern at this point is orders than a little delay. I was just trying to figure out if I was mis remembering or what lol.

Are there any update on the 175E2's production? The last thing I saw was they'd completed the first elevator, but that's the last I saw, and I'm thinking they might put it on ice till scope discussions get finished (although who knows when that'll be.


Good catch, a small slip. I'm a bit cynical the way schedules are done today, so a sub six month slip is noise.

Embraer/Boeing need to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). They need at least on mid size (40+) order too. Preferably from an airline with a reputation for buying used examples too. (Not just DL, AA, UA, B6, QF, HA, and others are are known to buy used. ). E.g., not a ME3 or Indian carrier (but an order would still be good).

As to the E2-175, I'm a skeptical on scope expansion. I hope to be proven wrong.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 pm
by Pudelhund
It's crazy to me that Embraer and apparently Mitsubishi would gamble on scope expansion instead of making a just-sized plane for the USA regional market. Will the SkyWest order end up resembling an E2-170?

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am
by LegoAir
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Embraer/Boeing need to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). They need at least on mid size (40+) order too. Preferably from an airline with a reputation for buying used examples too. (Not just DL, AA, UA, B6, QF, HA, and others are are known to buy used. ). E.g., not a ME3 or Indian carrier (but an order would still be good).

Lightsaber


Boeing needs to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). E2 family no longer belongs to Embraer ... okay, it is 80% Boeing and 20% Embraer ... but it is Boeing who will decide everything.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:49 am
by osiris30
LegoAir wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:


Boeing needs to sell over a hundred E2s this year (firm, not commitments). E2 family no longer belongs to Embraer ... okay, it is 80% Boeing and 20% Embraer ... but it is Boeing who will decide everything.


Nope. Afaik that deal isn't done yet due to courts and unions in Brazil and Boeing has no direct control at this time.

I may have missed something but that was the state as of two weeks ago. The deal has been announced but is not final yet. That may be hurting orders

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:17 pm
by lightsaber
Looking at Kiribati, the E2 opens up new routes:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

I know the E2 has 2,850nm, but for over water, I consider 2,200nm the range circle.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

They could add flights to Hawaii and Australia! Flexibility is wonderful. The new, smaller, longer range aircraft will help these small Pacific airlines.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm
by OA940
lightsaber wrote:
Looking at Kiribati, the E2 opens up new routes:

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

I know the E2 has 2,850nm, but for over water, I consider 2,200nm the range circle.
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?R=2200nm%40trw

They could add flights to Hawaii and Australia! Flexibility is wonderful. The new, smaller, longer range aircraft will help these small Pacific airlines.

Lightsaber


Hope it doesn't cause a change in president :stretch:

But yeah, the E2 and A220 will certainly be game-changers for smaller markets

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 pm
by EMBSPBR
For those who mentioned that the E2 was just a reheated version ...

Source: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... eates.html

Expert:

"COMMERCIAL AVIATION

Platform: Embraer E-Jet E2

Though it looks similar to Embraer’s original E-Jet series, the manufacturer’s E2 airliner family is substantially a new design,
with major advances in aerodynamics, propulsion, avionics, flight controls and cabin defining a new benchmark for crossover jets.
"

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:14 pm
by EMBSPBR
And one more customer added to the list of future E2 operators.

Most likely the E195-E2 model is expected to garner most of the sales of the new family compared to the E190-E2 model.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 2s-457192/

Excerpt:

"Nigerian carrier Air Peace has firmed an order for up to 30 Embraer 195-E2 regional jets,
unveiling the agreement at an African airline seminar organised by the airframer in Mauritius.

Ten aircraft are under firm contract and the agreement includes purchase rights for another 20."


Image

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:15 pm
by lightsaber
EMBSPBR wrote:
And one more customer added to the list of future E2 operators.

Most likely the E195-E2 model is expected to garner most of the sales of the new family compared to the E190-E2 model.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 2s-457192/

Excerpt:

"Nigerian carrier Air Peace has firmed an order for up to 30 Embraer 195-E2 regional jets,
unveiling the agreement at an African airline seminar organised by the airframer in Mauritius.

Ten aircraft are under firm contract and the agreement includes purchase rights for another 20."


Image

Ten firm is nice.

Boeing/Embraer need to sell another 90 by or at Paris. Aircraft require volume for economics and leasing.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:42 am
by zkojq
Seing as this issue has become relevant thanks to the 737MAX: Does the Embraer E2 require simulator training for crew qualified on the EJet Classic? Or is it just half an hour on the iPad or similar?

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:30 pm
by EMBSPBR
zkojq wrote:
Seing as this issue has become relevant thanks to the 737MAX: Does the Embraer E2 require simulator training for crew qualified on the EJet Classic? Or is it just half an hour on the iPad or similar?


Source: https://airwaysmag.com/industry/embraer ... t-program/
Excerpt:

"One development within this is the commonality between the E1 and the E2.
It only takes 2.5 days for an E1 validated pilot to transition onto the E2, which will save costs in pilot training."

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm
by texl1649
So, more than a 45 minute Ipad course. I like the name of this new airline, good livery too.

I suspect many announcements/orders are going to happen for this model/line over the next year. And it remains possible to stretch the E195E2 2 or 3 meters while still staying about 6 tons lighter than the Max7. The turn times would of course be an issue, but not for perhaps the short hop airlines that might use/order it more (more carry-on usage).

WN has ruled out the C-series/220 but in partnership with Boeing (and if Pratt is on the NMA), I could see a shift here possibly. Much of this future guesswork, I think, would revolve around Boeing discussions with the US4, and their unions, ultimately; something would leak if it really does get serious.

Older thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1410405

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:58 am
by zkojq
EMBSPBR wrote:
Source: https://airwaysmag.com/industry/embraer ... t-program/
Excerpt:

"One development within this is the commonality between the E1 and the E2.
It only takes 2.5 days for an E1 validated pilot to transition onto the E2, which will save costs in pilot training."


Thanks. That seems very reasonable.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 pm
by OA940
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... on-457488/

Certification for the E195-E2 by Brazilian, American and European authorities. Glad to see the project moving along!

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:22 pm
by EMBSPBR
Great achievement for the EJets E2 program !!!
Congratulations to all involved ...

Image

Source:https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206560-embraer-e195-e2-granted-certification-by-anac-faa-and-easa

Embraer E195-E2 Granted Certification by ANAC, FAA and EASA

Excerpts:


"Just like the E190-E2, we once again obtained type certification simultaneously from three major world regulatory authorities,” said Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, Embraer President & CEO.
“This is another great achievement from our engineering and program teams.
They’ve built, and now have certification for, the most efficient single-aisle jet on the market.
And they’ve done it again right on schedule and exceeding specification.”

“Our flight tests confirmed that the aircraft is better than its original specification.
Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected - that’s 25.4% less fuel per seat compared to the current-generation E195.
Maintenance costs are 20% lower,” said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.
“There’s no question that airlines are going to love this airplane’s economics.
The E195-E2 is the ideal aircraft for growing regional business and complementing existing low-cost and mainline fleets.”

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm
by lightsaber
EMBSPBR wrote:
Great achievement for the EJets E2 program !!!
Congratulations to all involved ...

Image

Source:https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206560-embraer-e195-e2-granted-certification-by-anac-faa-and-easa

Embraer E195-E2 Granted Certification by ANAC, FAA and EASA

Excerpts:


"Just like the E190-E2, we once again obtained type certification simultaneously from three major world regulatory authorities,” said Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva, Embraer President & CEO.
“This is another great achievement from our engineering and program teams.
They’ve built, and now have certification for, the most efficient single-aisle jet on the market.
And they’ve done it again right on schedule and exceeding specification.”

“Our flight tests confirmed that the aircraft is better than its original specification.
Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected - that’s 25.4% less fuel per seat compared to the current-generation E195.
Maintenance costs are 20% lower,” said John Slattery, President & CEO, Embraer Commercial Aviation.
“There’s no question that airlines are going to love this airplane’s economics.
The E195-E2 is the ideal aircraft for growing regional business and complementing existing low-cost and mainline fleets.”

Great news.
I look forward to sales this year.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 am
by EMBSPBR
lightsaber wrote:
Great news.
I look forward to sales this year.

Lightsaber


Hope for that. We have a winner here ...

Highlights from the ceremony of yesterday that I took note:

E195-E2 performance improvements:

The performance targets of the E195-E2 should be similar to those of the E195, but with more payload (adding 12 passengers).
The results, however, show significant improvements in many respects.

- Range - The maximum range is 2,600 nautical miles with total passenger load, 600 nautical miles more than E195-E1;

- Restricted Airports - The E195-E2 will be able to serve more markets that have airports with operating restrictions. From Denver (DEN), the aircraft's range is 900 nautical miles longer than that of the E195-E1. From Santos Dumont Airport (SDU), in Rio de Janeiro, the gain is more than 500 nautical miles;

- Takeoff Area Length - At the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW), the E195-E2 requires only 1,800m / 5,905ft, while the E195-E1 needs 2,180m / 7,150ft;

The in-flight tests have confirmed that the aircraft is even better than the original specification. Fuel consumption is 1.4% lower than expected, reaching 25.4% savings per seat compared to the first generation E195-E1. The maintenance costs will be 20% lower.

Embraer used two prototypes of the aircraft during the E195-E2 certification campaign - one for aerodynamic and performance testing and another for validating interior and maintenance tasks.

And, according to Mr. John Slattery, CEO of the Embraer Commercial Aircraft Division:

“There are campaigns that are in full steam,” he says. “I would be disappointed if this year we aren’t identifying marque carriers on the E195-E2.”

Asked about potential sales to North American airlines, he adds: “I would see no reason American, Delta, United, Southwest and all the larger airlines in North American wouldn’t look at this aircraft”.

As a note aside, the first E195-E2, already in the assembly line, will enter service in the second half of 2019 with Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA.
Binter Canarias, from Spain, will also receive its first E195-E2 in 2019.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:50 pm
by texl1649
Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:43 pm
by LegoAir
Congrats!!! Great news!

Embraer has done an amazing job with the E2 family. On time, on budget and better than spec!

Lego

ps: first time in many years that a Boeing aircraft is certified on time ;)

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm
by lightsaber
EMBSPBR wrote:

And, according to Mr. John Slattery, CEO of the Embraer Commercial Aircraft Division:

“There are campaigns that are in full steam,” he says. “I would be disappointed if this year we aren’t identifying marque carriers on the E195-E2.”

Asked about potential sales to North American airlines, he adds: “I would see no reason American, Delta, United, Southwest and all the larger airlines in North American wouldn’t look at this aircraft”.

Sounds good. Now get them to sign. Airbus will counteroffer the A220.

Embraer needs two US or EU large marque opperators. By large, I mean a combined order over 200 (It could be 3+ name brand opperators). E.g., DL and LH group helped the A220, but it took JetBlue to get analysts comfortable; if Airbus sells less than a hundred net in 2019, doubts will grow at customers. Embraer needs to get total E2-190/195 sales over 400 to have breathing room and increase production enough to have economies of scale.

Note:. Due to the US scope clauses, I consider there to be no viable order of the E2-175 currently.

I'm a Pratt fan. I want Pratt powered aircraft to sell. By this Summer's airshow end, Embraer either has marque orders or the discounting will have to be painful.

Oh, DL is the most likely US carrier. I could see a split fleet to pressure both vendors.

Last I heard Spirit was also shopping this size class. I take nothing from the wording (they are not first mention marque), I would count an order from them toward the 400 for sure (or hundred toward A220).

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:07 pm
by lightsaber
Late addition:. Southwest needs a new pilot contract prior to ordering the E2. Has the maintenance software been updated enough to take on a second type? Some airlines efficiently take on new types. Southwest is so focused on opperating one type efficiently that, my opinion, it costs them more to opperate a 2nd type. That whole core strengths and core regidities thing...

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:29 pm
by SEU
I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm
by Aircellist
SEU wrote:
I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?


You forgot? Ssshhh, be quiet! :shhh: EMBSPBR will have a heart attack upon hearing that!

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:52 pm
by lightsaber
Aircellist wrote:
SEU wrote:
I actually forgot about this plane. Have any other airlines taken delivery other than Wideroe?


You forgot? Ssshhh, be quiet! :shhh: EMBSPBR will have a heart attack upon hearing that!

The pace of delivery is too slow for production economy of scale or to really pay attention:

https://airlinerwatch.com/air-astana-ta ... r-e190-e2/

Only two operators. Winderoe and Air Astana. Both tiny countries. Dare I admit I had to search for where Kazakh is?

The first marque operator will be Azul. Embraer/Boeing need a minimum of 3 more marque operators or selling will be tough. As I noted before, either sales break 400 (excluding E2-175 for now due to scope) or a good concept has a tough time.

Making 100 per year is now survival from a manufacturing economy of scale perspective. OK, widebodies make normal profits at that low of production. The era of boutique aircraft had been over for 15+ years.

Lightsaber

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm
by CRJ900
[quote="EMBSPBR"]

- Range - The maximum range is 2,600 nautical miles with total passenger load, 600 nautical miles more than E195-E1;

Does that mean 2,600 nm range with 146 pax and their bags? If so, that's impressive - though those 146 seats are all spaced at 28 inches, according to Embraer's own seatmap. But it might make it more tempting for low-cost carriers.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:19 pm
by iceberg210
So now that the 195E2 is certified has anyone heard anything on the 175E2? Last I heard was the news on the 'first metal' cutting, but nothing since then. Last I heard was roll out in 2019 and certification 2021, has that all been mouthballed as I'd assume we'd be hearing some news on it if those were still the dates.
https://twitter.com/embraer/status/1030504128273739777

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 am
by hilram
Wikipedia: "The E195-E2 (EMB 190-400) will be extended by three seat rows from the E195 by 2.85 m (9.4 ft), and will accommodate up to 146 seats."
Sounds like an ideal 737-700 replacement to me. 146 seats = 3 cabin crew, very similar to 73G capacity. SAS has their "all-Y" 737-700s configured with 141 seats. So they could even take out one row for extra legroom, and still have better capacity.

I wonder what the trip cost OSL-TOS would be for the E195-E2 vs 737G.

One thing is for sure, when SK phases out the 737s, there will be quite a step in capacity between the Bombardier CRJ-900 (90 Y) and A320neo (180 Y).
I think the E195-E2 would be ideal for SK.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 am
by mxaxai
hilram wrote:
One thing is for sure, when SK phases out the 737s, there will be quite a step in capacity between the Bombardier CRJ-900 (90 Y) and A320neo (180 Y).
I think the E195-E2 would be ideal for SK.

Depending on SAS' scope clauses they could get some E2-175 too and replace the CR9.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:21 pm
by EduardoL

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 pm
by EMBSPBR
EduardoL wrote:


First of 57 E195-E2 ordered to be delivered from September 2019.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm
by EMBSPBR
First pics ... first E195-E2 Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA

Image

Image

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:13 pm
by PlanesNTrains
EMBSPBR wrote:
First pics ... first E195-E2 Azul Linhas Aéreas Brasileiras SA



How can it be "first pics" when you just quoted them in the previous reply which, in turn, was previously posted??

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:22 pm
by EMBSPBR
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...

Image

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm
by DL717
texl1649 wrote:
Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.


They could also take the biz class section to 16 with the new seat at 2x2. The pitch is bigger with a range of 38 to 42”. You’d get 16 in biz, plus 16 in premium Econ and 44 Econ. 76 seats for scope clause. Problem is the biz class will be better than most domestic biz seats...

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:26 pm
by sirtoby
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 pm
by impilot
DL717 wrote:
texl1649 wrote:
Really hope the US4 can figure out a way to fit this into their labor insanity. It would be great to be more comfortable/affordable on shorter hops/low volume routes, like the rest of the world.


They could also take the biz class section to 16 with the new seat at 2x2. The pitch is bigger with a range of 38 to 42”. You’d get 16 in biz, plus 16 in premium Econ and 44 Econ. 76 seats for scope clause. Problem is the biz class will be better than most domestic biz seats...


Nope. Scope includes weight limits also which is the limiting factor with the E2. Put her on a diet and she can fit. But that ain’t happening, hence the delays. Banking on scope gives (which won’t happen).

Easy solution though: don’t paint eagle/connection/express on the side and US3 can take as many as they want.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 pm
by iceberg210
EMBSPBR wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...

Image

Huh hadn't seen that picture, last I had heard on it was over a year ago with 'metal cut for horizontal stabilizer'. Any news on rollout? I'm guessing Q3 or 4 if first flight is early 2020.

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:18 pm
by EMBSPBR
sirtoby wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?



Source:https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-12-02/embraer-delays-e175-e2-entry-service-year

Excerpt:

"Embraer has moved back its schedule for entry into service of the new E175-E2 by about a year, from 2020 to 2021, due in part to the failure of U.S. major airlines to negotiate relaxed scope clauses with their pilots. The pilot contracts of all three of the airlines—United, American and Delta—stipulate a limit on maximum takeoff weight of airplanes flying at their regional affiliates. Although the current 76-seat E175 fits within those limits, the heavier E175-E2 does not, nor does the competing Mitsubishi MRJ-90."

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm
by PlanesNTrains
EMBSPBR wrote:
sirtoby wrote:
Besides US market and its scopes, the program is "full steam ahead" for the third member of the family: the E175-E2 ... first flight is due in first quarter of 2020 ...


Wasn't first flight planned for late 2019 before? Does that mean a delay for EIS into 2022 then?



Source:https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/air-transport/2016-12-02/embraer-delays-e175-e2-entry-service-year

Excerpt:

"Embraer has moved back its schedule for entry into service of the new E175-E2 by about a year, from 2020 to 2021, due in part to the failure of U.S. major airlines to negotiate relaxed scope clauses with their pilots. The pilot contracts of all three of the airlines—United, American and Delta—stipulate a limit on maximum takeoff weight of airplanes flying at their regional affiliates. Although the current 76-seat E175 fits within those limits, the heavier E175-E2 does not, nor does the competing Mitsubishi MRJ-90."


Clearly Embraer believes that the E175-E2 will be marketable outside the US or they wouldn't move forward with it. It'll be interesting to see how many non-US sales ultimately develop for it. Hopefully plenty.