Eyad89
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:10 am

It seems we are having some issues with the GE9X now as reported by Reuters. Anyone has more info?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKCN1T62KU

Would that delay the first flight?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18131
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:16 am

Eyad89 wrote:
It seems we are having some issues with the GE9X now as reported by Reuters. Anyone has more info?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKCN1T62KU

Would that delay the first flight?

I'm not sure how much of a deal this is. It comes across as sensationalist. If you change flight software, regression testing is required. It is how I spent today. It wasn't a big deal except for schedule and budget. It is just needed. Why PIPs are big packages as all the required regression testing is expensive.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
Eyad89
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:23 am

lightsaber wrote:

If you change flight software, regression testing is required. It is how I spent today.

Lightsaber


Well, if it was just that, would the Boeing CFO call it “challenges that require re-testing?”

But I kinda see your point, the GE9X testing campaign should be all wrapped up by now.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 am

Eyad89 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

If you change flight software, regression testing is required. It is how I spent today.

Lightsaber


Well, if it was just that, would the Boeing CFO call it “challenges that require re-testing?”

But I kinda see your point, the GE9X testing campaign should be all wrapped up by now.


Regression testing is re-testing so nothing inaccurate in the statement.
 
tealnz
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 am

Seattle Times is reporting possibility of pushing back the 778 timetable in response to lack of demand:

In addition, demand for the 777X, and, in particular for the smaller 777-8X version, has been soft and recent sales have been sparse.

Boeing will build the 777-9X first and was expected to deliver the -8X model perhaps a year later. Smith said Boeing is “looking at the timing and demand for the -8 to see if that still makes sense and do we want to push that out?”
 
User avatar
FrenchPotatoEye
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 am

Eyad89 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

If you change flight software, regression testing is required. It is how I spent today.

Lightsaber


Well, if it was just that, would the Boeing CFO call it “challenges that require re-testing?”

But I kinda see your point, the GE9X testing campaign should be all wrapped up by now.


GE9X testing is complete according to...

https://centreforaviation.com/news/ge-a ... hts-904051

The Reuters report is rather vague on any specific item/s - so let's see how this affects flight testing.

Also, if the 777X is delayed, with Emirates awash with a380 capacity, will they even care?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 2674
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am

The already delayed first flight of the Boeing 777-9, currently targeted for the end of June, looks set to be pushed back again after an ‘anomaly’ was detected in a General Electric GE9X engine undergoing pre-delivery factory tests.
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.
The problem area is in the front of the engine’s 11-stage high-pressure compressor.
“It’s a mechanical issue and nothing to do with the overall performance of the engine or the way it is set up,”
“It is not an aerodynamic issue whatsoever.” Various solutions are being studied, although GE declined to provide more detail until the fix is finalized.

See : https://aviationweek.com/commercial-avi ... a27b5245cf
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 13178
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:24 pm

According to Dennis Muilenburg, there are 2 seperate issues. One is with GE, the other with 777X certfication.

Muilenburg says the controversy surrounding 737 MAX certification is unlikely to affect certification of the new widebody. “I don't see anything there right now that would significantly alter the timeline for the 777X, but it's possible we could see something that would alter the content of the test program or how we go about certification”.
......
“The other pacing item for us is with GE on the engine and we're continuing to work through engine testing and those two timelines will come together for flight testing later this year and then we still expect to achieve entry into service in 2020,” said Muilenburg.

https://www.aerotime.aero/aerotime.team/22693-boeing-ceo-says-777x-not-yet-affected-by-737-max-crisis
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I'm wondering is another add on effect of the Max crisis on the 777X might be
the length of ETOPS certification granted at EIS ?

Not sure what length of ETOPS Boeing is looking for right out of the chute
 
xwb565
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 pm

747classic wrote:
The already delayed first flight of the Boeing 777-9, currently targeted for the end of June, looks set to be pushed back again after an ‘anomaly’ was detected in a General Electric GE9X engine undergoing pre-delivery factory tests.
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.
The problem area is in the front of the engine’s 11-stage high-pressure compressor.
“It’s a mechanical issue and nothing to do with the overall performance of the engine or the way it is set up,”
“It is not an aerodynamic issue whatsoever.” Various solutions are being studied, although GE declined to provide more detail until the fix is finalized.

See : https://aviationweek.com/commercial-avi ... a27b5245cf


Article also says there were issues in the same section previously.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 8508
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
I'm wondering is another add on effect of the Max crisis on the 777X might be
the length of ETOPS certification granted at EIS ?

Not sure what length of ETOPS Boeing is looking for right out of the chute


I assume ETOPS 180 out of the box and around 300 later. The main point to ETOPS is the engine certification, the frame should not have any problems.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26388
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 pm

tealnz wrote:
Seattle Times is reporting possibility of pushing back the 778 timetable in response to lack of demand...


Not surprised considering the state of the order book. Boeing did the same with the 777-200LR.
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9526
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Stitch wrote:
tealnz wrote:
Seattle Times is reporting possibility of pushing back the 778 timetable in response to lack of demand...


Not surprised considering the state of the order book. Boeing did the same with the 777-200LR.


Well, I don't know how much it would cost, but pushing back those expenditures would be useful right now.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
Blotto
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:00 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:41 pm

747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.


From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D
 
Jefford717
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:02 am

Boeing just can’t catch a break. 2019 is a year to forget for the company. It all started with 737 MAX crash, 787 manufacturing safety concern, recent 737 airworthiness directives, lawsuit from left, right and center and now a possible delay for 777x EIS.
 
User avatar
BoeingVista
Posts: 2004
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am

Blotto wrote:
747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.


From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D


If a GE9X lost a fan blade during a run up this delays firs flight by months surely.
BV
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 21404
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 am

Blotto wrote:
747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.

From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D

Yep, they didn't say what kind of signal was sent. It could be anything from a few bytes on a network, to metal shards ejected out the back end of the engine.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9526
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 am

Jefford717 wrote:
Boeing just can’t catch a break. 2019 is a year to forget for the company. It all started with 737 MAX crash, 787 manufacturing safety concern, recent 737 airworthiness directives, lawsuit from left, right and center and now a possible delay for 777x EIS.


They pretty much have that kind of year (or two) every 10 years. Late 80's - A320 rolls out. Late 90's - 737 QC issues. Late 2000's - 787 debacle. Late 2000-teens - MAX. Obviously plenty of successes as well.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
smartplane
Posts: 1024
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 am

Revelation wrote:
Blotto wrote:
747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.

From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D

Yep, they didn't say what kind of signal was sent. It could be anything from a few bytes on a network, to metal shards ejected out the back end of the engine.

If it's enough to advise Boeing, customers and markets, it rather more than a few bytes on the network.
 
Some1Somewhere
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:52 am

BoeingVista wrote:
Blotto wrote:
747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.


From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D


If a GE9X lost a fan blade during a run up this delays firs flight by months surely.


Fan blade is very low pressure. High pressure means one of the stages nearest the combustion chamber.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:32 am

Disappointed to hear about another delay, Boeing can’t catch a break right now.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 8508
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 am

@GlennFarleyK5.html

he talks first flight end of 2019
 
AeroplaneFreak
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:15 am

mjoelnir wrote:
@GlennFarleyK5.html

he talks first flight end of 2019


No, he talks about "by end of 2019", not "end of 2019". This means anytime between now and 31/12/19.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 8892
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:33 pm

777-9 WH001 N779XWscheduled for gauntlet testing today

https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/11 ... 66848?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6509
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Is proceeding with gauntlet testing now consistent with a major engine-caused delay? (Genuinely asking, I don't know how the process works.)
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 8892
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:54 pm

The third 777-9 is now out of final assembly, this is Lufthansa’s first 777-9

Image

https://twitter.com/jenschuld/status/11 ... 60481?s=21
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26388
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:45 pm

seabosdca wrote:
Is proceeding with gauntlet testing now consistent with a major engine-caused delay? (Genuinely asking, I don't know how the process works.)


From what I recall during the 787's initial gauntlet testing,it might not need the engines running (power and/or bleed air could be provided by external sources). And if it does, the engines would not be at high-RPM which is likely the environment where the "anomaly" occurred.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 21404
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Cool presentation about GE9x testing at: https://aviationweek.com/pictures-fligh ... est-engine

My favorite part:

Image

    The power of the single GE9X is such that for certain slower-speed test conditions, the big engine alone could be used to maintain the correct speed and altitude while the remaining three CF6s were pulled back to idle and flaps set at 20 deg.

    Note the gold-colored throttle lever used to control the test engine.

Very visual representation of the power of the GE9X.

I wonder if that is a FAA-approved rubber band on the gold throttle lever? :biggrin:

Anyone want to call the sat phone number and see if someone answers? :biggrin:
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18131
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Revelation wrote:
Cool presentation about GE9x testing at: https://aviationweek.com/pictures-fligh ... est-engine

My favorite part:

Image

    The power of the single GE9X is such that for certain slower-speed test conditions, the big engine alone could be used to maintain the correct speed and altitude while the remaining three CF6s were pulled back to idle and flaps set at 20 deg.

    Note the gold-colored throttle lever used to control the test engine.

Very visual representation of the power of the GE9X.

I wonder if that is a FAA-approved rubber band on the gold throttle lever? :biggrin:

Anyone want to call the sat phone number and see if someone answers? :biggrin:

Don't temp me to call. I used to know (professionally) Boeing's senior test pilots. My sister's best friend is now a test pilot for them (although, not a senior test pilot).

I too like the rubber band. The specifics of meeting a test point are often not prescribed...


Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Apparently WH001 will be doing 7 hour high power engine run. Pretty interesting considering the recent reports about the GE9X https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/11 ... 24896?s=21
 
musman9853
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 am

ikolkyo wrote:
Apparently WH001 will be doing 7 hour high power engine run. Pretty interesting considering the recent reports about the GE9X https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/11 ... 24896?s=21


so most likely that story is BS. i'm no expert, but wouldn't it be a bad idea to do a high stress run if your engine is having problems?
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1378
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 am

Revelation wrote:
I wonder if that is a FAA-approved rubber band on the gold throttle lever? :biggrin:

Maybe I will start a thread on grandfathering of rubber bands. :white:
 
User avatar
RRUltrafan
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:54 am

Sorry for not quite catching up on this, but why exactly is the rubber band there?
"Everything has an end, but, only the sausage has two" - Albert Einstein
 
Legs
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 am

musman9853 wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
Apparently WH001 will be doing 7 hour high power engine run. Pretty interesting considering the recent reports about the GE9X https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/11 ... 24896?s=21


so most likely that story is BS. i'm no expert, but wouldn't it be a bad idea to do a high stress run if your engine is having problems?


Maybe, maybe not. GE know the conditions that lead to the 'anomaly', and this test more than likely doesn't replicate them. Or, they have some other strategy to work around whatever the issue is without affecting the testing too much. Lots of possible scenarios and outcomes, only a few involving a catastrophe.
 
justloveplanes
Posts: 1002
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:38 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:29 am

Blotto wrote:
747classic wrote:
“During a factory test an engine gave us a signal about its health. We had an anomaly in the compressor and we halted the run.”, according GE.


From what I hear that translates to seperated high pressure blades. But kudos GE, nice spin. "Signal about its health" :D


Any more specifics from your source? Manufacturing issue? Design?
 
OldAeroGuy
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:50 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Bricktop wrote:
Revelation wrote:
I wonder if that is a FAA-approved rubber band on the gold throttle lever? :biggrin:

Maybe I will start a thread on grandfathering of rubber bands. :white:


I think this is the same rubber band I saw being used during 737-200 flight testing in 1967.
Airplane design is easy, the difficulty is getting them to fly - Barnes Wallis
 
JayinKitsap
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:55 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:25 pm

OldAeroGuy wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Revelation wrote:
I wonder if that is a FAA-approved rubber band on the gold throttle lever? :biggrin:

Maybe I will start a thread on grandfathering of rubber bands. :white:


I think this is the same rubber band I saw being used during 737-200 flight testing in 1967.


Special rubber with a paper trail to the exact tree it came from, carefully stored in a climate controlled nitrogen refrigerator. Other endurance test samples were found wanting after 30 years requiring an AD for replacement due to corrosion and cracking. News picks up the AD and declares the 777 as doomed.

Still quite special as my desk drawer is filled with samples that are dried out, hard, and prone to cracking.

The specified use is to shoot the co pilot if he doesn't laugh at the pilots jokes.
 
User avatar
bikerthai
Posts: 2964
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:01 pm

That's gotta be some special rubber band. No ordinary rubber band would be able to maintain that loop at the top.

Looks more like a zip tie - and yes there is a Boeing Specification for zip tie.

My guess is it is being used as a locking feature to prevent unintentional deployment. What is that top lever used for anyway?


Bt
Intelligent seeks knowledge. Enlightened seeks wisdom.
 
KFLLCFII
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:08 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm

JayinKitsap wrote:
OldAeroGuy wrote:
Bricktop wrote:
Maybe I will start a thread on grandfathering of rubber bands. :white:


I think this is the same rubber band I saw being used during 737-200 flight testing in 1967.


Special rubber with a paper trail to the exact tree it came from, carefully stored in a climate controlled nitrogen refrigerator. Other endurance test samples were found wanting after 30 years requiring an AD for replacement due to corrosion and cracking. News picks up the AD and declares the 777 as doomed.

Still quite special as my desk drawer is filled with samples that are dried out, hard, and prone to cracking.

The specified use is to shoot the co pilot if he doesn't laugh at the pilots jokes.


Very risky to have that band on public display...

QR will probably reject the first couple of deliveries now.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."
 
User avatar
RRUltrafan
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:53 am

The GE9X problems seem to be from unexpected excessive wear on compressor stator vanes, and now requires a redesign
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fran ... SKCN1TI0OG

I'm not exactly sure which ones, but it seems to be the stationary ones which are either in the IPC or the later HPC stages of the engine.
"Everything has an end, but, only the sausage has two" - Albert Einstein
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 am

Has anyone been able to get or find a real picture of the cockpit of this thing?
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
carlokiii
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:52 am

New video: Boeing 777X extending its wingtips.
Link: @BoeingAirplanes on Twitter.
 
pabloeing
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 am

Today taxi test in PAE for the B777X
 
MileHFL400
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:05 am

pabloeing wrote:
Today taxi test in PAE for the B777X


Does this mean we ll see first flight soon?
Thanks and best Regards
AA
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26388
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
Does this mean we ll see first flight soon?


No. Boeing announced they are pushing it back until late Fall to allow GE time to verify the changes they are making to the GE9X and incorporate them on the eight engines assigned to the 777X test fleet.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Stitch wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:
Does this mean we ll see first flight soon?


No. Boeing announced they are pushing it back until late Fall to allow GE time to verify the changes they are making to the GE9X and incorporate them on the eight engines assigned to the 777X test fleet.


Heck, at this stage.... I'm ready to see the beast move under her own power and waggle her wingtips a few times :)
 
User avatar
clickhappy
Posts: 9142
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:10 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:16 pm

777-9 has taken the runway for the first time. Airliners.net has rejected my uploads so, here you go:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalscot ... ed-public/
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 pm

My oh my what a beautiful bird!!!!!! And look how small that van looks compared to that engine....insane!

Can't wait to see her take flight :)
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Here is some video, https://twitter.com/jenschuld/status/11 ... 00193?s=21

Sharp looking aircraft!
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 21404
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Boeing 777X Testing Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:32 pm

clickhappy wrote:
777-9 has taken the runway for the first time. Airliners.net has rejected my uploads so, here you go:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalscot ... ed-public/

Thank you, Mr. RSK!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos