Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

maps4ltd

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:09 am

Do you think any more international airlines will come to DFW?
I've though for a while that two MAD frequencies from DFW on AA (1x 772, 1x 789) is a bit much. I would like to see Iberia take one of those frequencies with an A330-200. What are your thoughts?

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:18 am

maps4ltd wrote:
I've though for a while that two MAD frequencies from DFW on AA (1x 772, 1x 789) is a bit much. I would like to see Iberia take one of those frequencies with an A330-200. What are your thoughts?

Anything's possible. China Southern from Guangzhou, Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong, LATAM from South America, Finnair from Helsinki, maybe even Royal Air Maroc from Casablanca.

A couple months ago there was an article stating DFW-India service would be starting "soon". It could mean AA starting their own flight or Air India.

Not sure where it came from but Turkish is supposedly going to fly to DFW.

Some other Asian airline could start service against AA's dominance on DFW-Asia.

acavpics

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:43 am

Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

Anything's possible. China Southern from Guangzhou, Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong, LATAM from South America, Finnair from Helsinki, maybe even Royal Air Maroc from Casablanca.

A couple months ago there was an article stating DFW-India service would be starting "soon". It could mean AA starting their own flight or Air India.

Some other Asian airline could start service against AA's dominance on DFW-Asia.

TK is highly doubtful given that DFW is not a hub for any of their partners and that they already fly to nearby IAH which is a *A hub. I think the same applies for AI.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:02 am

acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

TK is highly doubtful given that DFW is not a hub for any of their partners and that they already fly to nearby IAH which is a *A hub. I think the same applies for AI.

Yup it's all about connectivity. Although, I believe DFW metroplex has a slightly higher Indian population than Houston. And... who knows about TK. Lufthansa serves both DFW and IAH (and Austin soon) and they've been enjoying load factors of around 90%+ each month.

mfe777

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 am

acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:35 am

Creating a Seat Alert, it looks like AF146 on April 3rd(AF's 2nd flight) is currently booked 14/36 seats in Business, 14/21 in PE, and 108/167 in Economy. 62.5% full. There's still around 3 days before the flight so it'll fill up some more. This may not be 100% accurate but I believe it's fairly close. Hope they do well before AA's 2x daily begins.

acavpics

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:50 am

mfe777 wrote:
acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Atlanta isn’t a star hub either, and Turkish flies there competing against the DL hub which is the world’s largest hub. Same with Lufthansa, Korean, Emirates, AM, and Avianca at DFW. Getting a little tiresome trying to explain that DFW can support more than just oneworld carriers. They have for decades. It’s the 4th largest metro in the US, and has a strong, diverse, and rapidly growing economy.

As for non One world carriers, I could see Copa flying to PTY. That would be a BIG gate way to the Carribean, central, and South America. Not to mention that they wouldn't need a larger a/c, given that this is well within the 737's range - Allowing them to easily operate the flight daily, rather than just few times a week.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:56 am

acavpics wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
acavpics wrote:

As for non One world carriers, I could see Copa flying to PTY. That would be a BIG gate way to the Carribean, central, and South America. Not to mention that they wouldn't need a larger a/c, given that this is well within the 737's range - Allowing them to easily operate the flight daily, rather than just few times a week.

AA once flew the route, right?

Adding on to this, EVA or China Airlines could start TPE-DFW(Unless AA does it first). The route made it onto anna.aero's "Unserved Route of the Week"
https://www.anna.aero/2018/03/07/dallas ... -searches/

In addition to this, EVA runs a bus service from IAH-DFW.

Could we ever see WestJet reenter DFW from another Canadian city?

Fargo

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:06 am

mfe777 wrote:
acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

TK is probably a matter of when, especially with the new airport opening. DFW I think is the only major metro without them, and if ATL can support it, so can DFW.

YoungDon

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:22 am

mfe777 wrote:
acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Atlanta doesn't have Emirates either though and having both them and Qatar at DFW may be a bit of a deterrent for Turkish. That said, I still wouldn't be shocked to see them show up eventually.

Delta28L

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:23 am

Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

China frequencies are maxed out so it would be a one stop flight if China Southern comes. TK is a matter of time. Just waiting for the new airport to open up and the right aircraft to fly the route. Air india can tap into the large Indian population in the metroplex. Finnair I don’t think they would come. They don’t seem to focus on USA routes. They just came back into LAX after a long break so who knows. Royal Marco is a far fetch dream that won’t happen anytime soon. LATAM I’m surprised they haven’t come since AA and LATAM are in the same alliance. Cathay Pacific won’t come unless AA drops the route since AA and Cathay are JV partners and AA cover the DFW-HKG route.

acavpics

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 am

TK is probably a matter of when, especially with the new airport opening. DFW I think is the only major metro without them, and if ATL can support it, so can DFW

PHL and SEA are also major metro areas w/o TK service.
If TK does enter DFW, I just hope that they don't make the same mistake that they did with ATL; Dumping capacity on the route. - I hope we all remember them starting out with a daily 777-300ER, only to eventually dumb down to a 5 weekly A330-200. TK should probably start of DFW with 3, maybe 4 weekly A330s. Then based on how the route is doing, gradually increase capacity, rather than be over ambitious like they were with ATL.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:29 am

Delta28L wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

China frequencies are maxed out so it would be a one stop flight if China Southern comes. TK is a matter of time. Just waiting for the new airport to open up and the right aircraft to fly the route. Air india can tap into the large Indian population in the metroplex. Finnair I don’t think they would come. They don’t seem to focus on USA routes. They just came back into LAX after a long break so who knows. Royal Marco is a far fetch dream that won’t happen anytime soon. LATAM I’m surprised they haven’t come since AA and LATAM are in the same alliance. Cathay Pacific won’t come unless AA drops the route since AA and Cathay are JV partners and AA cover the DFW-HKG route.

You mean wouldn't be a one stop if CZ comes since they've maxed out their Tier 1 Frequencies, right?

Finnair has a Transatlantic JV with AA so... possibly

Cathay and AA aren't JV partners though if I'm not mistaken. They just have codeshares on routes.

Planes4you

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:38 am

Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

China southern will mostly like be the next airline to come to dfw and American wouldn’t run them out because they’re buddies

Planes4you

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:39 am

acavpics wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

The metroplex has so many Indians being a one world hub wouldn’t matter

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:57 am

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

China southern will mostly like be the next airline to come to dfw and American wouldn’t run them out because they’re buddies

Just wondering... you were the one who posted China Southern would announce DFW from an Instagram thing a couple months back, right?

And said TK would cut IAH in favor of DFW?...

ctrabs0114

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:17 am

Ishrion wrote:
acavpics wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Adding on to this, EVA or China Airlines could start TPE-DFW(Unless AA does it first). The route made it onto anna.aero's "Unserved Route of the Week"

AA barely has USA-Canada cross-border service from DFW (YVR is year-round mainline; YYZ is year-round mainline/regional split; YUL is mainline/seasonal seasonal; YYC is year-round regional). I seem to recall non-stop DFW-YEG service a few years ago (my ex flew from YEG to PIT via DFW a few years ago), but AA's lone service from YEG now is to PHX.

And that's on top of AC Express to YUL, YYZ and YVR from DFW. Unless WS knows something that we don't, I have my doubts that they'd return to DFW anytime soon, especially with their new JV with DL.

AsiaTravel

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Not the best footage, but here’s the inaugural landing of Air France: https://youtu.be/avHxrSMNPxo

Can't even bother to find a plane with the new livery for an inaugural. PR: 0/10

dfw88

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Delta28L wrote:

There are a few problems with this. The first is that Cathay and AA are NOT JV partners. AA's transpacific JV is with JL only. Cathay is, of course, in OW and they do have an extensive codeshare agreement with AA, so I agree it's possible, if not terribly likely, that they could come to DFW.

The other problem is that you're surprised LATAM doesn't come since they're in OW (which I agree with) but say that RAM is a "far fetch dream." If you hadn't heard, RAM will be joining OW, I believe early next year, meaning that there will be the potential for the same sort of codeshare agreement between RAM and AA that AA and LATAM have. Hence, I don't find it unlikely at all that they would come to DFW with a 787. Probably not the top of their list, but not unlikely either.

AAtakeMeAway

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Jake1993P wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:
Any news on the terminal E satellite when it opens?

Also curious about this, and when AA will start converting low B gates to mainline.

.. and will there be an Admirals Club ?

Brandon757

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Has AC ever ran mainline between DFW and any of their Canadian markets?

737max8

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

AsiaTravel wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Not the best footage, but here’s the inaugural landing of Air France: https://youtu.be/avHxrSMNPxo

Can't even bother to find a plane with the new livery for an inaugural. PR: 0/10

Probably because no one in the world other than this one post cares what slightly different paint scheme is used on the inaugural.

Planes4you

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Just wondering... you were the one who posted China Southern would announce DFW from an Instagram thing a couple months back, right?

I never said TK would drop IAH,and on top of that I said China southern will most likely fly to dfw in a year or two

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:00 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I never said TK would drop IAH,and on top of that I said China southern will most likely fly to dfw in a year or two

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1406635&p=20800133&hilit=China+southern+announce+dfw#p20800133
“Two of my friends on Instagram messaged me a few minutes ago about Chinasouthern starting DFW.No announcement yet but my two friends know a few people who work at DFW one of them actually is friends with one do the workers.So yeah don’t be surprised if they announcement in a few days or so.I wonder if this is DFWs peak TK might be the next to come as well.”

“Few days”

“#3
5 months ago

Going back to the TK rumor one of my friends that gave me the news about Chinasouthern also told me TK is dropping IAH for DFW and will start service in June”

Planeboy17

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1406635&p=20800133&hilit=China+southern+announce+dfw#p20800133
“Two of my friends on Instagram messaged me a few minutes ago about Chinasouthern starting DFW.No announcement yet but my two friends know a few people who work at DFW one of them actually is friends with one do the workers.So yeah don’t be surprised if they announcement in a few days or so.I wonder if this is DFWs peak TK might be the next to come as well.”

“Few days”

“#3
5 months ago

Going back to the TK rumor one of my friends that gave me the news about Chinasouthern also told me TK is dropping IAH for DFW and will start service in June”

What are you doing Ishrion? Your not supposed to show someone the exact quote of what they said when they deny they said it!
Oh, what is Anet becoming?
I suppose now everyone will start showing factual data to support their opinions!
I worry for the future.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

“Few days”

“#3
5 months ago

What are you doing Ishrion? Your not supposed to show someone the exact quote of what they said when they deny they said it!
I suppose now everyone will start showing factual data to support their opinions!
I worry for the future.

Oh, sorry.

redwingspilot

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:21 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Jake1993P wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:
Any news on the terminal E satellite when it opens?

Also curious about this, and when AA will start converting low B gates to mainline.

May 3rd Satellite E will open, and yes Admirals Club. Then by beginning of June the mainline gate conversion will be done at Terminal B.

AAtakeMeAway

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm

redwingspilot wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
Jake1993P wrote:

May 3rd Satellite E will open, and yes Admirals Club. Then by beginning of June the mainline gate conversion will be done at Terminal B.

Sweet! Do we know where the club will be? In the satellite or by the LUS gates?

superjeff

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Brandon757 wrote:

Many years ago. When AC started serving YYZ-DFW back in the 1970's they used 727-200's; later they went to DC9-30's. For many years, that was the extent of their DFW service. YUL-DFW-YUL and YVR-DFW-YVR have always been AC Express routes.

Brandon757

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:06 pm

superjeff wrote:
Brandon757 wrote:

Many years ago. When AC started serving YYZ-DFW back in the 1970's they used 727-200's; later they went to DC9-30's. For many years, that was the extent of their DFW service. YUL-DFW-YUL and YVR-DFW-YVR have always been AC Express routes.

Thanks for that. You would think they could probably get a 320 to work on YYZ-DFW.

superjeff

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
superjeff wrote:
Brandon757 wrote:

Thanks for that. You would think they could probably get a 320 to work on YYZ-DFW.

I haven't flown DFW-YUL or YUL-DFW, or DFW-YVR or YVR DFW since they've started flying these routes, but I have flown DFW-YYZ-DFW multiple times (I live in Dallas). The flights have never been even close to full so I think the E175 is probably the right airplane for the route. Maybe when they get them, the A220/CS100 would work, but a 320 or 73M (when they're flying again) is probably too much airplane.

Woodreau

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:02 pm

I’m thinking the terminal E Admirals Club is going to be in the satellite as there was a club lounge on the first floor after the first set of escalators coming up from the tunnel before you get on the second set of escalators to go up to the gates

I assumed the satellite was going to open on April 7 because envoy takes over ramp control Starting on that date, Splitting the ramp into two frequencies E1-18 131.0 and E19-39 128.82 (which I thought was a terminal B ramp frequency)

I guess Dfw ramp runs e1-18 and envoy ramp control runs E19-39 from the envoy operations tower in terminal A (where they run the terminal B ramp control currently)

TTraider95

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:50 pm

I know American mainline operated out of the lower terminal B at one time I didn’t know they were coming back. When did mainline move out of terminal B the first time?

deltaffindfw

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Listening to the recent episode of "Tell Me Why", Eagle will operate 108 flights out of the 12 gates at E-Satellite starting May 3rd for a total of 150 flights out of all of Terminal E. Sounds like the ERJ operation will be focused in E, and the 2 class RJs will be in B going forward. New AC will be in Satellite. 9 Eagle gates turn into 6 mainline gates in Terminal B.

AAtakeMeAway

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:19 pm

deltaffindfw wrote:
Listening to the recent episode of "Tell Me Why", Eagle will operate 108 flights out of the 12 gates at E-Satellite starting May 3rd for a total of 150 flights out of all of Terminal E. Sounds like the ERJ operation will be focused in E, and the 2 class RJs will be in B going forward. New AC will be in Satellite. 9 Eagle gates turn into 6 mainline gates in Terminal B.

Great update! Does Skywest stay where they're at?

deltaffindfw

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
deltaffindfw wrote:

Great update! Does Skywest stay where they're at?

Just speculating, but I think they will stay. They said that they operate around 40+ flights a day now from the High E gates. Adding the 108 to that gets to 150. Also, they lose 9 gates in B, so I don't think the ERJs need all 18 gates in E.

Pbb152

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

“Few days”

“#3
5 months ago

I worry for the future.

Maybe Planes4you will use the excuse of being 15 years old and dyslexic like he did in another thread. This kid has zero credibility on here and never brings any facts to his posts.

Ishrion

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:36 am

Pbb152 wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... #p20800133

“Few days”

“#3
5 months ago

I worry for the future.

Maybe Planes4you will use the excuse of being 15 years old and dyslexic like he did in another thread. This kid has zero credibility on here and never brings any facts to his posts.

Chill. Yes, I saw what he said in the Gulf Air & IAH thread. You don't have to believe what he says. I don't unless there's an actual source. It's wishful thinking which can be inspiring in a way. The one time he was credible was when he used an Instagram post a day before AF announced DFW.

Pbb152

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 am

Ishrion wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
I worry for the future.

Chill. Yes, I saw what he said in the Gulf Air & IAH thread. You don't have to believe what he says. I don't unless there's an actual source. It's wishful thinking which can be inspiring in a way. The one time he was credible was when he used an Instagram post a day before AF announced DFW.

I probably should chill, but the way he hijacked that thread to prop up DFW was beyond ridiculous. And so this will be my last post on this thread or I am being hypocritical because I don’t want to hijack it. Have a great day.

atx11

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:31 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
acavpics wrote:

AA barely has USA-Canada cross-border service from DFW (YVR is year-round mainline; YYZ is year-round mainline/regional split; YUL is mainline/seasonal seasonal; YYC is year-round regional). I seem to recall non-stop DFW-YEG service a few years ago (my ex flew from YEG to PIT via DFW a few years ago), but AA's lone service from YEG now is to PHX.

And that's on top of AC Express to YUL, YYZ and YVR from DFW. Unless WS knows something that we don't, I have my doubts that they'd return to DFW anytime soon, especially with their new JV with DL.

Just wanted to toss in that I believe YUL is year-round. I think I've taken it almost every month on AA, and it was on the E175, not mainline. The flight times are absolutely terrible, but it is what it is. You were right on YEG and they pulled it a few years back. That said, my YVR flights, YYZ flights, and YUL flights have always been fairly full. Obviously small data point though.

As for the Helsinki reference above...supposedly AA was considering MUC, DUB, and interestingly enough HEL last year before moving forward with just MUC and DUB. I think there is a likelihood that HEL is added as a seasonal route at some point on AA metal.

mfe777

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:51 am

atx11 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Just wanted to toss in that I believe YUL is year-round. I think I've taken it almost every month on AA, and it was on the E175, not mainline. The flight times are absolutely terrible, but it is what it is. You were right on YEG and they pulled it a few years back. That said, my YVR flights, YYZ flights, and YUL flights have always been fairly full. Obviously small data point though.

As for the Helsinki reference above...supposedly AA was considering MUC, DUB, and interestingly enough HEL last year before moving forward with just MUC and DUB. I think there is a likelihood that HEL is added as a seasonal route at some point on AA metal.

Ughhh.... hopefully on Finnair metal instead. Maybe AA doesn't realize how people don't like being forced to fly AA metal for nearly every intercontinental flight. Bring in Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and maybe one day Aer Lingus, China Southern, and RAM!

Ishrion

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:02 am

mfe777 wrote:
atx11 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

Ughhh.... hopefully on Finnair metal instead. Maybe AA doesn't realize how people don't like being forced to fly AA metal for nearly every intercontinental flight. Bring in Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and maybe one day Aer Lingus, China Southern, and RAM!

In terms of Europe/SA flying from DFW, AA has mainly been the one to serve it aside from London. Madrid, Dublin, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Santiago, etc. Hopefully a foreign carrier with strong relations with AA actually launches their own service. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they AA/AY launches PHL-HEL first considering the new European DFW routes come from already served routes from PHL excluding KEF(and now MUC).

ctrabs0114

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:27 am

Sounds like Dallas PD was pretty busy at DAL yesterday:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dog-N ... 46201.html

ctrabs0114

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:33 pm

The latest on Terminal F from the Star-Telegram:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... 18194.html

Fargo

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:

Given the limited space, I wonder what they could realistically do here? This will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Planes4you

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 am

Fargo wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

Given the limited space, I wonder what they could realistically do here? This will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Apparently they’ll replace the parking lot next to D

Brandon757

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 pm

According to CBS DFW WN is suspending all operations at DAL tonight from 6pm to 10pm due to weather.

Sooner787

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
According to CBS DFW WN is suspending all operations at DAL tonight from 6pm to 10pm due to weather.

Not surprising. Last thing WN can afford right now is to have jets out of service due to hail damage. .

UpNAWAy

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Are they moving aircraft out of town?

Ishrion

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 pm

“Baseball sized hail expected”

Legit RIP AA’s aircraft these past months.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos