Ishrion

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:50 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Who would go it to Helsinki from here AA or Finnair

What? Brother, I've mentioned before, please slow down and write a coherent sentence. I know you are only 15, but you know (or should) how to compose a sentence with periods and commas by that age.

He claims it’s dyslexia, but it’s no excuse not to proofread and take a minute for a simple sentence.

To answer your questions, Korean Air could go daily, maybe they won’t.

Truthfully, AA will probably start DFW-HEL. Finnair is busy having fun in the Asian market.

atx11

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Ishrion wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

What? Brother, I've mentioned before, please slow down and write a coherent sentence. I know you are only 15, but you know (or should) how to compose a sentence with periods and commas by that age.

He claims it’s dyslexia, but it’s no excuse not to proofread and take a minute for a simple sentence.

Truthfully, AA will probably start DFW-HEL. Finnair is busy having fun in the Asian market.

Ishrion is right on. Supposedly HEL was being thrown around for this summer but MUC and DUB won out. I wouldn’t be shocked to see AA run DFW-HEL next summer for a limited run to see how things play out.

FriscoHeavy

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Ishrion wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Exactly. Dyslexia might contribute to some misspellings of words (which I get), but doesn't prevent you from stopping at the end of a sentence to put a period or using a comma in the midst of a sentence. You don't talk in one, long run-on sentence, regardless of dyslexia.

As you mentioned, type things out, then go back and proofread (run it through an online program if need be). I don't expect perfection, but every single statement he makes is one garbled sentence that makes zero sense.

It's a shame, because I'd love to be able to read his posts and see what he has to contribute, even though he's very young.
Whatever

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:50 pm

atx11 wrote:
Supposedly HEL was being thrown around for this summer but MUC and DUB won out. I wouldn’t be shocked to see AA run DFW-HEL next summer for a limited run to see how things play out.
I hope so, AA's connectivity into Eastern Europe is pretty bad right now. It would also open up some interesting Mediterranean holiday spots.

Ishrion

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:55 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
atx11 wrote:
Supposedly HEL was being thrown around for this summer but MUC and DUB won out. I wouldn’t be shocked to see AA run DFW-HEL next summer for a limited run to see how things play out.
I hope so, AA's connectivity into Eastern Europe is pretty bad right now. It would also open up some interesting Mediterranean holiday spots.

Is Finland apart of East Europe? I thought it was Czech and east of it.

But truthfully, AA has expanded nicely into Eastern Europe in the past few years. Dubrovnik, Prague, Budapest, ORD-Athens.
I think they fly more Eastern European routes than DL/UA.

chepos

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 pm

Finland is in Northern Europe, none of the US3 really have a huge presence in Eastern Europe. They mostly depend on their European partners, Star having the most connectivity with MUC/VIE/FRA erc. That being said I can see AA operate 4X a week from DFW to HEL on a 788.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

Ishrion

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:24 pm

chepos wrote:
Finland is in Northern Europe, none of the US3 really have a huge presence in Eastern Europe. They mostly depend on their European partners, Star having the most connectivity with MUC/VIE/FRA erc. That being said I can see AA operate 4X a week from DFW to HEL on a 788.

What frequency did AA use to run on ORD-HEL? Personally, I think AA could pull off daily service given the connections at both airports and the TATL JV strengthening it.

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Ishrion wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
atx11 wrote:

Is Finland apart of East Europe? I thought it was Czech and east of it.

But truthfully, AA has expanded nicely into Eastern Europe in the past few years. Dubrovnik, Prague, Budapest, ORD-Athens.
I think they fly more Eastern European routes than DL/UA.
Sorry, I was not saying Finland is part of Eastern Europe just that they have good connectivity from HEL to Eastern Europe. Certainly better than what LHR provides.

chepos

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:

What frequency did AA use to run on ORD-HEL? Personally, I think AA could pull off daily service given the connections at both airports and the TATL JV strengthening it.

AA did it daily out of ORD, summer seasonal. AY took over, sub daily as they considered AY had more POS strength on the Europe side. However, being that DFW is a much stronger hub, with excellent connectivity it could work up to daily in the summer.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Planes4you

Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 pm

Why didn’t the airport close again last night? There was a lightning strike right next to my plane (over grapevine lake)

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:09 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:

Exactly. Dyslexia might contribute to some misspellings of words (which I get), but doesn't prevent you from stopping at the end of a sentence to put a period or using a comma in the midst of a sentence. You don't talk in one, long run-on sentence, regardless of dyslexia.

As you mentioned, type things out, then go back and proofread (run it through an online program if need be). I don't expect perfection, but every single statement he makes is one garbled sentence that makes zero sense.

It's a shame, because I'd love to be able to read his posts and see what he has to contribute, even though he's very young.

Or.....you could just let it slide. I've read quite a few of his posts, and while sometimes jumbled I can figure out what he says. I suppose you were an A+ student in grammar? Give him a break. It's called being civil.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

KPDX

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:13 am

Got this picture of ADB3135 departing runway 18L at DFW for RAF Waddington a couple of days ago.

ImageAN-124 by Dylan Phelps, on Flickr

FriscoHeavy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Or.....you could just let it slide. I've read quite a few of his posts, and while sometimes jumbled I can figure out what he says. I suppose you were an A+ student in grammar? Give him a break. It's called being civil.

It’s about educating him and providing a solid foundation for his future. If someone doesn’t tell him to ‘shape up’, he won’t be employable writing like that. I care about him and want him to succeed. While not perfect, I take pride in being able to do something most 5th graders can do (form a sentence).

His most recent post was awesome and very nice to read. Great job Planes4you!!

Keep up the great work. I’m proud of you.
Whatever

FriscoHeavy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 am

Planes4you,

How was your flight in last night? Did you make it in?
Whatever

DFWuser

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:19 am

Ishrion wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Korean used to have DFW-ICN all to itself and flew 3X/week on its 772 and occasionally 744 for the longest time., Then AA entered the market and flew daily. KE increased the route to daily to compete with AA and now flies 5x/week on a 77W. They also have a codeshare on the AA flight as well.
SF3 CR7 E75 M88 M90 L10 319 320 321 32B 332 333 343 388 712 722 732 733 73G 738 744 752 763 772 773 77W 788 789 78J

UpNAWAy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:24 am

Planes4you wrote:
Why didn’t the airport close again last night? There was a lightning strike right next to my plane (over grapevine lake)

There was a 2 HR ground stop from roughly 7:30-9:39 last night.

DFWuser

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:37 am

DFWuser wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:

Korean used to have DFW-ICN all to itself and flew 3X/week on its 772 and occasionally 744 for the longest time. Then AA entered the market and flew daily. KE increased the route to daily to compete with AA and now flies 5x/week on a 77W. They also have a codeshare on the AA flight as well.
SF3 CR7 E75 M88 M90 L10 319 320 321 32B 332 333 343 388 712 722 732 733 73G 738 744 752 763 772 773 77W 788 789 78J

Planes4you

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:12 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Planes4you,

How was your flight in last night? Did you make it in?

Yeah it was surprisingly a good landing too

Planes4you

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:13 am

UpNAWAy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I know but there should’ve been another one around the time I landed

mcoatc

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:26 am

Planes4you wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

If you ever wonder why you're not taken seriously on these boards, it's posts like this. You landed safely with weather in the area, and with no knowledge whatsoever other than looking out an airplane window, you claim the airport should have been "closed".

A groundstop doesn't mean the airport is closed, by the way, it is simply a stoppage of arrivals from ever departing, and not necessarily all of them. Ground stops go into effect in tiers, certain enroute centers may get stopped, while others are open, and a groundstop has NOTHING to do with airborne traffic. It stops traffic on the ground - hence the name.

DFW has never closed in the 3 years I've worked here. Airport closures almost never happen. Usually only during something like a plane crash. Not taking arrivals for 30 minutes during a thunderstorm doesn't mean the place is closed, it simply isn't safe to land or depart. Furthermore, there's nothing that you think you saw looking out your window that determined it wasn't safe to land. How about we leave those thoughts to trained professionals, shall we?

FriscoHeavy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:46 am

mcoatc wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

If you ever wonder why you're not taken seriously on these boards, it's posts like this. You landed safely with weather in the area, and with no knowledge whatsoever other than looking out an airplane window, you claim the airport should have been "closed".

A groundstop doesn't mean the airport is closed, by the way, it is simply a stoppage of arrivals from ever departing, and not necessarily all of them. Ground stops go into effect in tiers, certain enroute centers may get stopped, while others are open, and a groundstop has NOTHING to do with airborne traffic. It stops traffic on the ground - hence the name.

DFW has never closed in the 3 years I've worked here. Airport closures almost never happen. Usually only during something like a plane crash. Not taking arrivals for 30 minutes during a thunderstorm doesn't mean the place is closed, it simply isn't safe to land or depart. Furthermore, there's nothing that you think you saw looking out your window that determined it wasn't safe to land. How about we leave those thoughts to trained professionals, shall we?

Very well stated, mcoatc!
Whatever

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:

It’s about educating him and providing a solid foundation for his future. If someone doesn’t tell him to ‘shape up’, he won’t be employable writing like that. I care about him and want him to succeed. While not perfect, I take pride in being able to do something most 5th graders can do (form a sentence).

His most recent post was awesome and very nice to read. Great job Planes4you!!

Keep up the great work. I’m proud of you.

Pretty sure it's not up to a.net members to educate him. If you think you must fine, I know who not to read. Cheers.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

LAXdude1023

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:27 pm

mcoatc wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

Here is my beef with certain people on this board.

If you dont work in the industry or dont have experience in the industry in some form (working for an airline, ATC, or even in travel in some form), dont present opinions that are written as though youre an expert and dont make threads about routes you wish would happen. Come here to learn and not present an opinion youre not informed enough to have. It happens too much on here where we see "When will (airline name) start (route)?". Some of the same people claim certain routes are doing well or poorly when they have no data to back it up. You need load and cargo data at the very least to ascertain any wild guess on how a route is doing, but to be certain youd need access to P&L data which is highly secret. Most people on this board dont have access to international market size much less route performance.

To summarize, there are too many people on here who dont know enough to have an opinion yet they present their opinions as fact. Its annoying as all hell.
Religion is the root of evil...

Planes4you

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Has anyone flown a DFW-CDG on Air France?

Ishrion

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:35 am

Planes4you wrote:

No, but if you're interested, it seems that AA's 2x daily DFW-CDG flights go out full in J, practically full in PE, and almost full in Y.

Planes4you

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:11 am

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

No, but if you're interested, it seems that AA's 2x daily DFW-CDG flights go out full in J, practically full in PE, and almost full in Y.

Well rip Air France

Also can you follow me on Instagram I recently followed you and commented

Planes4you

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 am

Do you guys think icelandair will come back for seasonal service once the 737maxs get back into service

EvanWSFO

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Do you guys think icelandair will come back for seasonal service once the 737maxs get back into service

I doubt it. Seems they came in because of WW and AA starting flights. WW is gone, and if other threads are to be believed, the Iceland tourist market is cratering and there are so many non-stop or one stop options on bigger a/c (I'd fly the route on a NB, but many wouldn't).

Ishrion

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:57 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I doubt it. Seems they came in because of WW and AA starting flights. WW is gone, and if other threads are to be believed, the Iceland tourist market is cratering and there are so many non-stop or one stop options on bigger a/c (I'd fly the route on a NB, but many wouldn't).

Icelandair came in before AA. So unless they knew AA was going to start DFW-KEF, they came in to compete with WW.

And it's doubtful. The route was not cut due to MAX issues. Icelandair cut the route back in December.

FriscoHeavy

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Well rip Air France

Also can you follow me on Instagram I recently followed you and commented

Sadly, I've now had to block Planes4you. It's just beyond painful to read his posts.

Why would you rip Air France? I suppose you mean: Well, RIP (Rest in Peace) Air France. Why in the world would you make that claim? All the prior poster stated was that AA seems to be going out full. He said nothing regarding Air France and how they are doing.

Asking someone to follow you on instagram because you followed and commented on theirs? Just send the person a private message. Sadly, something is off with you and I can't figure out what it is (it goes beyond any supposed dyslexia).
Whatever

737max8

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:14 pm

All this talk about DFW-HEL...I would love to see DFW to Scandinavia. Is HEL really better than CPH/ARN/OSL? I love the CPH airport but wasn't too impressed by the others. But I'll still be happy with HEL, lots of good roller coasters in that part of the world :D
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

x1234

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:23 pm

I believe the main reason Air France added DFW was due to the business links with the likes of telecom giants like Nokia (R&D in Paris/Helsinki, AT&T HQ in Dallas) and other high tech J traffic.

Ishrion

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:38 pm

x1234 wrote:
I believe the main reason Air France added DFW was due to the business links with the likes of telecom giants like Nokia (R&D in Paris/Helsinki, AT&T HQ in Dallas) and other high tech J traffic.

Or... because Texans travel.

audian

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 pm

Folks need a recommendation for plane spotting. Apart from DFW Founder's plaza, are there any better spots for plane spotting?

Ishrion

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:59 pm

audian wrote:
Folks need a recommendation for plane spotting. Apart from DFW Founder's plaza, are there any better spots for plane spotting?

https://www.spotterguide.net/planespott ... -dfw-kdfw/

This has some spots aside from Founder's.

Planes4you

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Does anyone have any good places to spot near 17R?I need some more photos for my Instagram and jetphotos.I also need another place to spot so I can catch Avianca,Emirates,and the European airlines land/depart because I need more photos of them.

apodino

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Does anyone have any good places to spot near 17R?I need some more photos for my Instagram and jetphotos.I also need another place to spot so I can catch Avianca,Emirates,and the European airlines land/depart because I need more photos of them.

Only possible location I could think of would be the Whataburger at Freeport and 114. One problem with the east side is there is a big Fed Ex facility right where the good views are of the east side, and 114 is much closer to the airport on the east side as well.

IrishTexan

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:57 pm

BA193/192 (LHR/DFW/LHR) last operated Jul.19 and does not resume until Jul.27.
BAsource.com shows this as a cancelled service for the last few days.
I was curious why there is a whole week without (what I thought was) a daily service. Is July demand that soft or is it an equipment shortage?

Ishrion

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:06 pm

IrishTexan wrote:
I was curious why there is a whole week without (what I thought was) a daily service. Is July demand that soft or is it an equipment shortage?

Pilot strike.

Sooner787

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm

IrishTexan wrote:

Actually , we just received a notice from UAL for waivers due to "industrial action" by LHR airport workers,
so safe to assume that would explain BA cancelling their DFW flights for a few days.

BA777FO

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:05 am

Ishrion wrote:
IrishTexan wrote:

Pilot strike.

It has nothing to do with that.

The BA193 has been cancelled due to aircraft shortage as the 787 requires ongoing periodic engine checks. The 777 has been reallocated around the network (it's gone double daily to IAH and even seen BWI recently) and others shuffled around too. AA flies the route 4x daily so it's an easy one to chop.

Ishrion

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:40 am

AA announces Dallas/Fort Worth to Tel Aviv and moves Reykjavik to PHL.

So, we went from having 3 flights to Iceland on AA, Icelandair, and WOW, to zero.

Planes4you

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Ishrion wrote:

So, we went from having 3 flights to Iceland on AA, Icelandair, and WOW, to zero.

This is all Americans fault

redwingspilot

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

This is all Americans fault

Also fleet consolidation, the 757/767 is moving to be consolidated in PHL and MIA. The 757 that flew DFW-KEF came from MIA first, so if any thing went wrong before the aircraft arrived in DFW, there isn't spare 757's in DFW anymore to replace it.

mfe777

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Ishrion wrote:

I'm hoping that Icelandair comes back. Icelandair and Wow had decent loads despite AA, so without AA on the route, they should do fine with both DFW-Iceland traffic and then connecting people on to Europe and vice versa.

In other news, it looks like Lufthansa has once again added the A340 to the DFW route starting in December. Let's see if this upgauge goes forward this time.
Last edited by mfe777 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BNAMealer

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

I'm hoping that Icelandair comes back. Icelandair and Wow had decent loads despite AA, so without AA on the route, they should do fine with both DFW-Iceland traffic and then connecting people on to Europe and vice versa.

Realistically, what are the chances Icelandair comes back?

mfe777

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Personally I would guess higher than any of their other cancelled stations, or any of the stations WOW cancelled before going under. Most of those stations couldn't even make one carrier work. DFW had decent loads on a 3x weekly A330, 5x weekly 757, and daily 757. Yields are another story that we don't know, but with the exception of WOW there never seemed to be many "fire sale" ticket prices on the DFW-KEF route.

x1234

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Jon is rumoring India again from DFW:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC

DFW-DEL? DFW-BOM?

jplatts
Topic Author

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:22 pm

There is an article titled "Southwest and Delta's trial over Love Field gates gets pushed back another five months" on the Dallas Morning News's website that stated that the lawsuit regarding the gates at DAL has been pushed back to February 2020, and that article can be found at https://www.dallasnews.com/business/southwest-airlines/2019/08/08/southwest-deltas-trial-love-field-gates-gets-pushed-back-another-five-months.

BNAMealer

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:24 pm

mfe777 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Personally I would guess higher than any of their other cancelled stations, or any of the stations WOW cancelled before going under. Most of those stations couldn't even make one carrier work. DFW had decent loads on a 3x weekly A330, 5x weekly 757, and daily 757. Yields are another story that we don't know, but with the exception of WOW there never seemed to be many "fire sale" ticket prices on the DFW-KEF route.

Probably won’t happen until the MAX issues are sorted, but I agree they should come back. They pulled prematurely IMO and likely AA wouldn’t retaliate this time due to the aforementioned move of 757’s to PHL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos