YoungDon

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2019

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:09 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Who do you think will start DFW-DEL 1st air India or AA because DFW is still working hard to get service to DEL.

Either one. Air India "said" they would start DFW service but never did: https://onemileatatime.com/air-india-lo ... s-flights/

AA is looking at returning to India but they never specified which city.
AA said they would fly to India from PHL using 787s, if ever they do.

AI to DFW sounds believable, but if they went to IAH rather than DFW that would not surprise me either.

I seem to remember that someone here, maybe Laxdude, said that even though the Indian population sizes between IAH and DFW aren't tremendously different, DFW's O/D traffic to India is more dispersed than IAH's, which is skewed more towards one or two cities that I'm not remembering right now. But the idea being that DFW has more significant traffic to more Indian cities than IAH, which only has strong demand to 1 or 2 places there.

If that's the case (and please correct me if it's not), it would make that choice even more interesting if AI decided to give Texas a try. Do you go to DFW from DEL and try to build the flight on one stop connections from Dallas significant O/D traffic to secondary cities in India? Or do you do DEL-IAH which has a smaller O/D component, but would potentially have connections on both ends?

Extremely interesting decision and AA (and to a far lesser extent UA) might want to beat AI to the punch here. One thing that AI may want to take into account - is there any doubt AA would retaliate if AI started DEL-DFW?

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 am

YoungDon wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Either one. Air India "said" they would start DFW service but never did: https://onemileatatime.com/air-india-lo ... s-flights/

AA is looking at returning to India but they never specified which city.
AA said they would fly to India from PHL using 787s, if ever they do.

AI to DFW sounds believable, but if they went to IAH rather than DFW that would not surprise me either.

I seem to remember that someone here, maybe Laxdude, said that even though the Indian population sizes between IAH and DFW aren't tremendously different, DFW's O/D traffic to India is more dispersed than IAH's, which is skewed more towards one or two cities that I'm not remembering right now. But the idea being that DFW has more significant traffic to more Indian cities than IAH, which only has strong demand to 1 or 2 places there.

If that's the case (and please correct me if it's not), it would make that choice even more interesting if AI decided to give Texas a try. Do you go to DFW from DEL and try to build the flight on one stop connections from Dallas significant O/D traffic to secondary cities in India? Or do you do DEL-IAH which has a smaller O/D component, but would potentially have connections on both ends?

Extremely interesting decision and AA (and to a far lesser extent UA) might want to beat AI to the punch here. One thing that AI may want to take into account - is there any doubt AA would retaliate if AI started DEL-DFW?

Not sure about the extent to which AI starting India-DFW would do on AA. Since it’s the first nonstop route to India, it’ll most likely impact Emirates/Qatar with their connections. Pretty sure LHR flights will be slightly affected with AA/BA connections at LHR.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:42 am

Very strong storms in the area right now, most interestingly an AA flight SNA-DFW diverted to AUS, took off, then had to divert to SAT.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n316pf

WN 2235 from BWI-DAL went around, then came in for a second approach but left and diverted to OKC
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA2235

I wonder how much this is costing the airlines...

x1234

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:27 am

Except for extremely high O&D & J traffic like NYC (finance) or SFO (tech) which UA will soon fly SFO-DEL and the existing EWR-DEL/BOM, much of the Indian traffic is low yielding Y. I read somewhere that India, unlike East Asia (Japan/China/South Korea/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Singapore) has less J class demand from overseas point of sale. This is especially important as average incomes in South Asia are lower than in East Asia. High levels of paid J are required for any ULR flight. There's only going to be a fare war if AA starts PHL-DEL/BOM as the competition from JFK/EWR/IAD is within driving distance. Finally now is not the time to launch any new India services as the current Pakistani airspace closure is causing re-fueling stops west-bound in the Middle East or Mumbai as the 77W can't make it non-stop even to Chicago/New York/Washington on the current AI services.

x1234

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:30 am

Also will TK (Turkish Airlines) consider DFW!? They have a HUGE Africa/CIS network (they fly to more countries than any other airline).

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:35 am

x1234 wrote:
Also will TK (Turkish Airlines) consider DFW!? They have a HUGE Africa/CIS network (they fly to more countries than any other airline).

They're considering it according to some rumors.

ctrabs0114

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 am

YoungDon wrote:

One thing that works against DFW in their attempts to lure AI to Dallas is that as a UA hub, AI would probably look to launch from IAH and potentially take advantage of *A feed from UA.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

Planes4you

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:15 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
YoungDon wrote:

One thing that works against DFW in their attempts to lure AI to Dallas is that as a UA hub, AI would probably look to launch from IAH and potentially take advantage of *A feed from UA.

Air India could launch dfw and offer shuttles like Eva air does for IAH-TPE.

Planes4you

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 pm

I think we can all agree on one thing that’s china southern will be flying to DFW sooner or later hopefully they announce this year though.

Planes4you

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Also can anyone tell me how’s Air France and avianca is doing?

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Planes4you wrote:
I think we can all agree on one thing that’s china southern will be flying to DFW sooner or later hopefully they announce this year though.

Pretty sure we’ve discussed this MANY times already. They don’t have tier 1 city frequencies from CAN to launch direct service. Connecting to another city like WUH seems unlikely.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Pretty sure we’ve discussed this MANY times already. They don’t have tier 1 city frequencies from CAN to launch direct service. Connecting to another city like WUH seems unlikely.

And to add on, just because AA and CZ have a relationship, it doesn’t mean CZ will actually fly to DFW. If you’re following that logic, airlines like Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and Cathay Pacific or other airlines that have strong relationships would’ve started DFW a while ago.

texl1649

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Yesterday was another storm, which meant another series of long delays @ DFW, though Love field managed to keep operating as normal into the evening.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 pm

texl1649 wrote:
Yesterday was another storm, which meant another series of long delays @ DFW, though Love field managed to keep operating as normal into the evening.

There were multiple cancellations, delays, and diversions from DAL last night. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airp ... l/arrivals

klm617

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Planes4you wrote:

I find this comment very interesting. wingingit can you give your insight on this being well versed in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

YouGeeElWhy

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:05 pm

klm617 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I find this comment very interesting. wingingit can you give your insight on this being well versed in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market.
Bruh, read above (as it has been said many times about CZ), they are maxed out on their Tier 1 cities and DFW is that. They can fly to tier 2 cities, like DTW, all they want.

YoungDon

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:41 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Bruh, read above (as it has been said many times about CZ), they are maxed out on their Tier 1 cities and DFW is that. They can fly to tier 2 cities, like DTW, all they want.

I believe the Tier system is used to describe the Chinese side, not the US side. CAN is a Tier 1 city with no additional available frequencies to the US under the US/China bilateral agreement, while somewhere like WUH is a Tier 2 city that does have additional frequencies available. However (as another poster referenced), its unlikely that China Southern would do something like CAN-WUH-DFW, so you probably won't see China Southern until more Tier 1 freqencies to the US are obtained.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:52 pm

YoungDon wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
klm617 wrote:

I believe the Tier system is used to describe the Chinese side, not the US side. CAN is a Tier 1 city with no additional available frequencies to the US under the US/China bilateral agreement, while somewhere like WUH is a Tier 2 city that does have additional frequencies available. However (as another poster referenced), its unlikely that China Southern would do something like CAN-WUH-DFW, so you probably won't see China Southern until more Tier 1 freqencies to the US are obtained.

Yes, they’ve run out on the CAN side. That’s why they launched CAN-WUH-SFO and applied for WUH-JFK.

Planes4you

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

And to add on, just because AA and CZ have a relationship, it doesn’t mean CZ will actually fly to DFW. If you’re following that logic, airlines like Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and Cathay Pacific or other airlines that have strong relationships would’ve started DFW a while ago.

Except AA already flies on half of those routes the demand is gone on them.However LATAM is planning on adding more routes so who knows

acavpics

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:28 pm

I personally wouldn't expect to see AI at DFW until:
1. Pakistani airpace completely repoens,
2. The airline begins embarks on a path to profitability. - Its just that under its current debt ladden conditions, an ultra long haul US route seems like the last thing it needs. The Indian gov't should try to reduce its airline's net losses before jumping on a route like this.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Except AA already flies on half of those routes the demand is gone on them.However LATAM is planning on adding more routes so who knows

So... considering DFW is AA’s superhub they would most likely do the same as the other routes and fly to CAN themselves IF they wanted to. They’re not restricted by the Tier 1 frequencies.

Planes4you

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

So... considering DFW is AA’s superhub they would most likely do the same as the other routes and fly to CAN themselves IF they wanted to. They’re not restricted by the Tier 1 frequencies.

Unfortunately if CS doesn’t do it AA will

YoungDon

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

I'd wager that AA has much bigger fish to fry than DFW-CAN - what would drive premium traffic on such a long flight? I definitely see this as a China Southern route if/when it happens.

Ishrion

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:28 pm

YoungDon wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

I'd wager that AA has much bigger fish to fry than DFW-CAN - what would drive premium traffic on such a long flight? I definitely see this as a China Southern route if/when it happens.

AA will most likely be focusing on other markets before Asia like Australia and East Europe. Before CAN, they would probably expand to TPE from LAX or DFW and launch the rumored LAX-ICN. I wouldn’t expect DFW-CAN to materialize on AA until they get the new batch of 788/9s.

DL747400

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
If the A220 can make a good impression to DFW flyers, then maybe DL has a chance to succeed on DFW-SEA.

DL's A220s have already made a very favorable impression on passengers wherever they operate, including in DFW. I've had 3 flights on it to/from various cities within the past month. On each flight I've been on, passengers were talking about the plane. They love the seatback IFE, the 2X3 seat configuration in coach, huge overhead bins and the lavatory with the window. I am hoping that DL orders hundreds more of them. Now if they can be the launch customer for the A220-500, that would be awesome!
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

Planes4you

Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:15 am

Does anyone know how DFW-SAL is doing on the A319?

mcoatc

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 am

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Oh, without a doubt. It would make complete sense to have another 16hr ULH flight that lands a whopping 100 miles from HKG.

Alternatively, AA could spend $50,000 a day on hookers and blow for elites at DFW, and appease more people while blowing through less cash. Surely, an announcement about one or the other is imminent.

Ishrion

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:47 am

mcoatc wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Oh, without a doubt. It would make complete sense to have another 16hr ULH flight that lands a whopping 100 miles from HKG.

Alternatively, AA could spend $50,000 a day on hookers and blow for elites at DFW, and appease more people while blowing through less cash. Surely, an announcement about one or the other is imminent.

Seriously don't see it for some years. I may be wrong, but don't look at it so optimistically. Not sure what's up with you and China Southern, Planes4You, referring to that old "rumor" thread.

Their relationship is just beginning. They recently added reciprocal benefits. CZ is less likely due to Tier 1 Frequencies. AA will be needing to use all of its incoming aircraft to replace older aircraft AND be used when and if the AA/QF JV is approved.

Not only that, there are larger markets AA hasn't tapped into. DFW-TPE and LAX-ICN. In addition to this, AA needs to decide what to do with its dormancy on ORD-PEK/PVG.

They're busy, and with the 737 MAX groundings they'll be limiting their growth for a bit.

mcoatc

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:30 am

Ishrion, I was directing that at Planes4You, not you. The person who seems really knowledgeable about all things DFW except what terminal they're flying out of.

I don't understand the obsession with CAN. AA doesn't fly to every oneworld hub, and CZ isn't even in it. Not to mention, does DFW really offer that many unique connections that LAX doesn't that requires AA to fly it themselves from DFW? Or that HKG can't handle? A lot of demand for Del RIo to inland China?

I wholeheartedly agree that AA has a lot on it's plate and many more ways to fill out its network than CAN. Not to mention, AA seems to be one economic downturn away from being back in court. They've got to get their house in order and their recent quarterly performance during a strong economy is hardly inspiring. Hopefully the bulk up of DFW that starts shortly helps pad the bottom line.

Ishrion

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 am

mcoatc wrote:
Ishrion, I was directing that at Planes4You, not you. The person who seems really knowledgeable about all things DFW except what terminal they're flying out of.

I don't understand the obsession with CAN. AA doesn't fly to every oneworld hub, and CZ isn't even in it. Not to mention, does DFW really offer that many unique connections that LAX doesn't that requires AA to fly it themselves from DFW? Or that HKG can't handle? A lot of demand for Del RIo to inland China?

I wholeheartedly agree that AA has a lot on it's plate and many more ways to fill out its network than CAN. Not to mention, AA seems to be one economic downturn away from being back in court. They've got to get their house in order and their recent quarterly performance during a strong economy is hardly inspiring. Hopefully the bulk up of DFW that starts shortly helps pad the bottom line.

Misread and meant to add on to a previous post.

Planes4You doesn't seem to know what sources he's using and if they're valid. He states rumors that are essentially wishful thinking until some time later. There's some obsession with China Southern starting DFW.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1406635&p=20800899&hilit=china+southern+dfw#p20800899
“Two of my friends on Instagram messaged me a few minutes ago about Chinasouthern starting DFW.No announcement yet but my two friends know a few people who work at DFW one of them actually is friends with one do the workers.So yeah don’t be surprised if they announcement in a few days or so.I wonder if this is DFWs peak TK might be the next to come as well.”

“Few days”

"Going back to the TK rumor one of my friends that gave me the news about Chinasouthern also told me TK is dropping IAH for DFW and will start service in June”

No way would Turkish drop IAH in favor of DFW.

AA will release its first quarterly earnings on Friday. We'll see how they're doing with slight MAX cuts from March and hail at DFW.

ctrabs0114

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 am

Ishrion wrote:
texl1649 wrote:

There were multiple cancellations, delays, and diversions from DAL last night. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airp ... l/arrivals

Not to mention flooding at Garages A and B, which caused a lot of damaged vehicles:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/vehicles-s ... ng-garages
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)

usairways787

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:58 am

Ishrion wrote:
mcoatc wrote:

Planes4You doesn't seem to know what sources he's using and if they're valid. He states rumors that are essentially wishful thinking until some time later. There's some obsession with China Southern starting DFW.

“Two of my friends on Instagram messaged me a few minutes ago about Chinasouthern starting DFW.No announcement yet but my two friends know a few people who work at DFW one of them actually is friends with one do the workers.So yeah don’t be surprised if they announcement in a few days or so.I wonder if this is DFWs peak TK might be the next to come as well.”

“Few days”

"Going back to the TK rumor one of my friends that gave me the news about Chinasouthern also told me TK is dropping IAH for DFW and will start service in June”

AA will release its first quarterly earnings on Friday. We'll see how they're doing with slight MAX cuts from March and hail at DFW.

I fully expect the results to be the weakest amongst the majors. Not because of the max, or weather etc, but because of the incontinence in management as a whole. The product consistency, and service just isn't there anymore.
Making bag smashing great again

FriscoHeavy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:35 pm

usairways787 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
mcoatc wrote:

“Few days”

I fully expect the results to be the weakest amongst the majors. Not because of the max, or weather etc, but because of the incontinence in management as a whole. The product consistency, and service just isn't there anymore.

Incontinence in management as a whole?

adjective:
1. unable to restrain natural discharges or evacuations of urine or feces.
2. unable to contain or retain (usually followed by of): incontinent of temper.
3. lacking in moderation or self-control, especially of sexual desire.
4. unceasing or unrestrained:
Whatever

usairways787

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:51 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
usairways787 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

“Few days”

adjective:

LoL, oops, meant to put incompetence, not quite sure how that got corrected into that. My bad.

US787
Making bag smashing great again

FriscoHeavy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:36 pm

usairways787 wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
usairways787 wrote:

adjective:

LoL, oops, meant to put incompetence, not quite sure how that got corrected into that. My bad.

US787

Atta' boy. That sounds a bit more realistic :)
Whatever

x1234

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 pm

I agree Taipei Taiwan is higher yielding than Guangzhou because Taiwan's in the USA VISA Waiver Program. Also Guangzhou is easily accessible on a 1 hour high speed train ride from HKG anyways. China Southern's SFO non-stop from Guangzhou isn't even daily (its split 3x weekly Wuhan/Guangzhou and 4x weekly non-stop). And in Southern China HKG is where the yield is due to finance & tech (with Shenzhen which is closer to HKG). If anything TPE/ICN are the next Asian destinations for AA.

Planes4you

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:08 pm

x1234 wrote:
I agree Taipei Taiwan is higher yielding than Guangzhou because Taiwan's in the USA VISA Waiver Program. Also Guangzhou is easily accessible on a 1 hour high speed train ride from HKG anyways. China Southern's SFO non-stop from Guangzhou isn't even daily (its split 3x weekly Wuhan/Guangzhou and 4x weekly non-stop). And in Southern China HKG is where the yield is due to finance & tech (with Shenzhen which is closer to HKG). If anything TPE/ICN are the next Asian destinations for AA.

AA already flies to ICN

YouGeeElWhy

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Planes4you wrote:
x1234 wrote:

AA already flies to ICN
x1234 is talking about AA launching TPE or ICN from LAX

x1234

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:39 am

The ONLY other Asian market that's high yielding is Singapore but UA had to block seats to make the 789 work on LAX-SIN. Maybe its a trade-off AA is willing to accept if they can get their pilots to agree to up to ~17-17.5 hour flights on the west-bound sector. Singapore is the multinational HQ of Asia for many multinational companies especially finance.

In Europe maybe AA can add service to ZRH from DFW but its a heavy *A loyal city though...

ctrabs0114

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 pm

FWIW, I finally got to fly DL's A220 yesterday from DFW to SLC on my way to Seattle to watch the Rangers obliterate the Mariners.

DL hit a home run with this bird; I was not only impressed with the seats in main cabin compared to AA's Oasis scheme (yeah, I know, it's a low bar to reach), but the IFE screens (which appear to be larger and offer a couple more entertainment options than the IFEs on DL's 738/739). Don't ask me about the lavatories, since I get very nervous about using them in-flight (I tend to, um, go before I board, but your mileage may vary), so I didn't need to use them during my flight. BTW, DL's older 738s aren't that much better than the pre-Oasis AA 738s, in my opinion.

The bad news was that the scheduled A220 on this morning's flight from DTW to DFW (I ended up catching a red eye from SEA to DTW to return to DFW) was swapped out with an ex-FL 712 (at least it wasn't a 320) with no in-seat IFE. The Comfort+ seats in the 712 are much better than the Main Cabin Plus seats on AA, that's for sure, and at least I got to cross another aircraft off my "list" in the 712.

Now that I've had the chance to check out AA and DL for myself, I'd be more inclined to choose DL over AA if the schedules and fares work out. And the A220 could play a big role in DL (hopefully) capturing more traffic from DFW in the long run, especially with the number of A220 flights being routed to DFW. Now, if they could only add DFW-SEA in, say, the next year or two...

AA737-823

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
was swapped out with an ex-FL 712 (at least it wasn't a 320) with no in-seat IFE.

None of Delta's 717's have in-seat IFE, ex-FL or otherwise. In fact, neither do the MD-88s or MD-90s, even though the MD-90s had, at least, drop down screens... twenty years ago!
The 717 is still a personal fave (although I still want to know what's up with the constant hurricane Katrina level of noise coming from the cabin air conditioning system... they didn't used to do this).
But I suspect that the passenger experience on the A220 will be better than the 717 in basically every way.
I can't wait to fly on one!
And being a frequent traveler to DFW/DAL, Delta is making it easy this year. If they'd just launch SEA-DFW, I could easily grab ANC-SEA-DFW instead of having to double-connect.
For now, I'm just thrilled that Alaska has upgraded a summer DAL flight to mainline!

ctrabs0114

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:15 am

AA737-823 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
was swapped out with an ex-FL 712 (at least it wasn't a 320) with no in-seat IFE.

None of Delta's 717's have in-seat IFE, ex-FL or otherwise. In fact, neither do the MD-88s or MD-90s, even though the MD-90s had, at least, drop down screens... twenty years ago!
The 717 is still a personal fave (although I still want to know what's up with the constant hurricane Katrina level of noise coming from the cabin air conditioning system... they didn't used to do this).
But I suspect that the passenger experience on the A220 will be better than the 717 in basically every way.
And being a frequent traveler to DFW/DAL, Delta is making it easy this year. If they'd just launch SEA-DFW, I could easily grab ANC-SEA-DFW instead of having to double-connect.
For now, I'm just thrilled that Alaska has upgraded a summer DAL flight to mainline!

I saw the SEA-DAL upgrade to a 737. I was seriously thinking about catching the AS red-eye directly from SEA to DFW last night, but the DL fares, even routing via DTW, were more favorable for me, to be honest. As I said earlier, I wasn't planning on returning home on a 712 last night, but it was pretty cool to catch one of the last remaining variants of what was the DC-9.

I will be posting take-off and landing videos from each of the four flights in the coming days...

Ishrion

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:34 am

AA737-823 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

You can fly nonstop on ANC-DFW on AA’s 787 this summer in J flat beds or Premium Economy :D

Ishrion

Fri May 03, 2019 6:41 am

Planes4you

Fri May 03, 2019 8:26 pm

I know they’ve said they don’t have plans to expand but maybe them mentioning DFW is a foreshadow of them wanting to fly to DFW sometime in the future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMtCZGIsTBs

YouGeeElWhy

Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 pm

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

Upcoming milestones include the opening of a Flagship Lounge featuring Flagship First Dining and a renovated Admirals Club in Terminal D, scheduled for May 16, as well as the opening of six mainline gates at DFW Terminal B in June.

ChuckSchumer

Fri May 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Pictures from earlier today before the first flight to Moline.

Only thing open currently is a CNBC convenience store and Dickey's BBQ. Everything else including a Whataburger and an Admiral's Lounge will come online in the coming weeks.ImageImageImageImage

mfe777

Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Ceilings are low, but they did a nice job freshening it up with what they could do. It will serve its purpose well, getting 100 regional jet flights in and out every day. Better than boarding via airstairs!

ChuckSchumer

Fri May 03, 2019 10:03 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Ceilings are low, but they did a nice job freshening it up with what they could do. It will serve its purpose well, getting 100 regional jet flights in and out every day. Better than boarding via airstairs!
Ceilings have always been low unfortunately.

Found some old pictures from years ago showing the before.ImageImageImage

deltaffindfw

Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm

First time I've seen the numbers - "DFW Airport is American's most profitable hub, generating about $1.3 billion in annual profit. "

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ame ... n-republic

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos