usairways85

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 pm

AA could stand to spread out the TA arrivals a bit. They pack them in during the 3pm hour. But I guess that probably messes with their banks that they seem to want to minimize.

A few things I'd like AA to do:
1.) Revisit the gate alignment at F. What are the movements for F? I'd like to see them potentially shift some gates to allow for some E175 flights to use F

Longer term...probably over a 10 year span
2.) Build a new 10-12 gate terminal west of A-west. All gates should support international flights (widebodies) but certainly not limited to those flights. Similar to IAH's new C north terminal.

3.) Once that is open, close the side of terminal's B and C that face each other. Start building a new consolidated B/C terminal. The terminal will be wider with a bigger hammer head like Terminal D. Figure a 18-20 gate terminal. Some gates should be widebody capable. Basically a net even of gates with the new west terminal. Once that is far enough along, knock down B, open that side of the new terminal, and then knock down C.

This does not inherently add more gates but it solves a lot of problems. Two new terminals will have wide corridors with larger gate areas. B/C are tight, narrow, and from what it sounds like the recent improvements, while nice, have only decreased what small gate space previously existed. Only A can reliably handle widebodies, this alignment provides more flexibility with widebody gate assignments. A 332 flying LAX-PHL-CDG does not need to use a FIS gate. Currently it has to. This new alignment also eliminates the small allyways other than between D and F.

PHLspecial

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Since we are on the topic of airport expansion. Access to the airport is key for growth. As part of the master plan I would add expanding the Broad Street Line from the sports complex to the Navy Yard and Airport this way the business travelers from the Navy yard has quick access to the airport travelers to the navy yard(Probably never gonna happen). Unfortunately the regional rail can't unfortunately can increase frequency or add an express train from CC to the airport. Introducing more bus routes would help.
Really big shame is Amtrak could have not built train line next to PHL that would have made the airport a lot more attractive.
Instead of building more parking spaces/garages, building an airport for public transit connections would beneficial to the surrounding areas North and South of the airport. That's my vision at least anyone else have better ideas?

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Since we are on the topic of airport expansion. Access to the airport is key for growth. As part of the master plan I would add expanding the Broad Street Line from the sports complex to the Navy Yard and Airport this way the business travelers from the Navy yard has quick access to the airport travelers to the navy yard(Probably never gonna happen). Unfortunately the regional rail can't unfortunately can increase frequency or add an express train from CC to the airport. Introducing more bus routes would help.
Really big shame is Amtrak could have not built train line next to PHL that would have made the airport a lot more attractive.
Instead of building more parking spaces/garages, building an airport for public transit connections would beneficial to the surrounding areas North and South of the airport. That's my vision at least anyone else have better ideas?

I remember Amtrak was suppose to be in talk as part of one there major projects to connect Amtrak to the airport. Not sure the status of that at this point. For Septa I did hear talks recently about potentially extending to the Navy Yard. I would have to google the articles I've seen in the past for those who want confirmation on those talks. Besides that I'm not sure what other means is there that could make travel easy to the airport. Unless they make a dedicated shuttle bus route from the airport to somewhere down town. I know Toronto does that and some other cities.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

acentauri

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 am

I really don't understand this discussion (ref: airport transportation). You all realize that there exists and has for many years, frequent high speed trains directly to the airport terminals, including directly from one of AMTRAK's major stations (30th Street - Philadelphia). It's an almost seamless connection. http://septa.org/schedules/rail/w/AIR_0.html

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 am

acentauri wrote:
I really don't understand this discussion (ref: airport transportation). You all realize that there exists and has for many years, frequent high speed trains directly to the airport terminals, including directly from one of AMTRAK's major stations (30th Street - Philadelphia). It's an almost seamless connection. http://septa.org/schedules/rail/w/AIR_0.html

Yea I’m well aware of the connections at 30th street. According to this article from 2017

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... /95961882/

There is/was attempts for creating a stop at the airport but of course funding would be tough.

PHLspecial

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

acentauri wrote:

Like I said in my post, the airport line is every 30 minutes. Delaware dwellers can connect to the airport quicker using Amtrak or even Septa is they so chose to run it. There are some decent business in Delaware that providing a closer connection to the airport helps. I understand 30th Street is Amtraks third busiest station. Taking the train from Delaware to PHL seems a long journey Probably looking at an 1 and 1/2 hours of trip time.

sagechan

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
No new runways, certainly no new terminals anytime soon. Are all three hardstands used in the afternoon? Buses are not that bad having done it in other countries. The airport would need continue growth for a new terminal.I would think around 35 million passengers a year would make the case for expansion.
I would think AA is holding back the expansion because of cost. Besides AA can upgauge a few flights on to mainline planes but that has its limit.
PHL has the space still to grow.

For general growth AA has plenty of room and schedule time to add banks to PHL again if they want to increase schedule. The real issue is Widebody scheduling at peak times, which doesn't have a great or inexpensive solution.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

usairways85

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:36 pm

First time I've seen this happen...and I saw it first hand.

MAN-PHL 763 just landed on runway 35. I'm not sure if this speaks to a light load on the flight or the wind pattern / refinery fire.

PHLspecial

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:45 pm

usairways85 wrote:

MAN-PHL 763 just landed on runway 35. I'm not sure if this speaks to a light load on the flight or the wind pattern / refinery fire.

I'm not sure if someone in here ever mention an A330 landing on runway 35 before.

I didn't know taxiway echo can support widebodies. I thought the refinery fire was put out by now.

phlsfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:56 pm

usairways85 wrote:

When an Air Serbia A330 diverted a couple years ago it landed on 35. I was in my office in A-East and I saw it on Flightradar24 and thought there was no way it actually landed there. Sure enough we drove over there and it was sitting by Atlantic Aviation where BA Engineering was handling the turnaround.

PHLspecial

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:12 pm

Nothing exciting diverting UA1079 SJO-EWR and yesterday I saw BA189 land here as well.
Quite a few 35 landing today guess the winds are favorable for that runway today

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Based of Enilria post icelandair yet again is cutting there extended fall/winter schedule. It was extended to December/January

FI KEF-PHL OCT 0.7>0[0.4] NOV 0.7>0[0] DEC 0.6>0[0]

PHLspecial

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
Based of Enilria post icelandair yet again is cutting there extended fall/winter schedule. It was extended to December/January

FI KEF-PHL OCT 0.7>0[0.4] NOV 0.7>0[0] DEC 0.6>0[0]

Just getting off a FI flight. I would understand why they cut the winner. Europe is a popular summer destination. The flights are pretty packed on weekends.

usairways85

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 am

May traffic numbers. Still going strong

Domestic
Month: +6.6% YTD: +4.2%
International
Month: +3.1% YTD: +6.2%
Total
Month: +6.1% YTD: +4.4%
YTD Paxs: 12,766,534

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:41 pm

https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/08/02/fly ... ladelphia/

I know aviation for philly had been dry lately but here’s a post I saw today for a chapter service to Nantucket

Side note I have a feeling we will hear American announcements soon for new service next year

TheFlyGuy

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 am

Several in the thread linked below suggest PHL as one of two new US destinations LH is planning to launch from MUC. Fingers crossed.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1428489

EK77WNH

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:42 pm

TheFlyGuy wrote:
Several in the thread linked below suggest PHL as one of two new US destinations LH is planning to launch from MUC. Fingers crossed.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1428489

Good luck! BOS has an A340-600 it won't be using starting next March.
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

usairways85

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:09 pm

AS extended the 2nd daily SEA-PHL flight past October. Looks like it will operate near year round.

PHLspecial

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Since we are looking talking about to rumored routes to PHL. I thought I would take a look at the predictions that was made at the beginning of the year. Definitely some good calls on here.

Happened:
-Slim chance of QR upguage to a Qsuites aircraft (Sep PHL will see the Qsuites A359)
-Frontier usual dartboard route selections (dartboard was true)
-Spirit continues to add 1-2 more routes (SJU and MSY)
- More AA announcements for mostly domestic route additions and few cancellations
- Adds more B787 service to existing B767 routes (Well this is happening in 2020).
-PHL-MEM sees AA mainline (Really good call)

Rumored:
-Typically August or September international announcements for 2020 by AA
-Possible TAP Portugal 321LR service end of 2019 or 2020
-LH: announces MUC for 2020 start
-AA adds PHL-MXP

Unsure so far
- 1-2 more international routes switched to 787 by October
-Delta service to Seattle
-AA: adds KEF, TLV, WAW, or MXP, and adds more southern and Midwest destinations.
-AS: adds seasonal SAN
-DY: adds LGW on A321neoLR
--A possibility of either AF or KL announcing PHL starting in 2020.
-NK adds PHL-AUS
-EI upgauge to a 332 (Sadly I don't see this happening anytime soon especially since El is launching the A321LR in nov)
-SBN
-TOL
-DAB (likely seasonal...akin to EYW, MLB, SRQ announced in 2018)
-LIT
-PIA or MLI
-GRB or ATW
-AUG
-SJC or return of SMF which US once flew seasonally
-AS or AA making PDX year-round
-Wild cards: TUL, ICT, TLH, CID
-PHL-TLV
-No Asia routes

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:31 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Since we are looking talking about to rumored routes to PHL. I thought I would take a look at the predictions that was made at the beginning of the year. Definitely some good calls on here.

Happened:
-Slim chance of QR upguage to a Qsuites aircraft (Sep PHL will see the Qsuites A359)
-Frontier usual dartboard route selections (dartboard was true)
-Spirit continues to add 1-2 more routes (SJU and MSY)
- More AA announcements for mostly domestic route additions and few cancellations
- Adds more B787 service to existing B767 routes (Well this is happening in 2020).
-PHL-MEM sees AA mainline (Really good call)

Rumored:
-Typically August or September international announcements for 2020 by AA
-Possible TAP Portugal 321LR service end of 2019 or 2020
-LH: announces MUC for 2020 start
-AA adds PHL-MXP

Unsure so far
- 1-2 more international routes switched to 787 by October
-Delta service to Seattle
-AA: adds KEF, TLV, WAW, or MXP, and adds more southern and Midwest destinations.
-AS: adds seasonal SAN
-DY: adds LGW on A321neoLR
--A possibility of either AF or KL announcing PHL starting in 2020.
-NK adds PHL-AUS
-EI upgauge to a 332 (Sadly I don't see this happening anytime soon especially since El is launching the A321LR in nov)
-SBN
-TOL
-DAB (likely seasonal...akin to EYW, MLB, SRQ announced in 2018)
-LIT
-PIA or MLI
-GRB or ATW
-AUG
-SJC or return of SMF which US once flew seasonally
-AS or AA making PDX year-round
-Wild cards: TUL, ICT, TLH, CID
-PHL-TLV
-No Asia routes

I’m glad QR considered PHL worthy enough for Qsuites and also summer upgauge to 777-300. Just overall for the unsure routes for one I agree I don’t see El upgauge to a 332 especially with majority wide body gates being used by AA. I still don’t understand why PDX is summer only pretty much. I’m just ready to hear some good news and possibly unexpected route announcements

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:33 pm

usairways85 wrote:
AS extended the 2nd daily SEA-PHL flight past October. Looks like it will operate near year round.

Yea I saw that as well. Hopefully they may also consider a 2nd flight to LAX and SFO maybe. Not holding my breath but redeyes are the most fun personally.

jbpdx

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
I still don’t understand why PDX is summer only pretty much.

Because AA would rather run people thru their hubs (and their competitors’ hubs) and because AS won’t grab and fill unserved routes at PDX because they’re too distracted with California and PAE and would rather shuttle everyone thru SEA. Their No. 2 hub gets third-class treatment.
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm

jbpdx wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
I still don’t understand why PDX is summer only pretty much.

Because AA would rather run people thru their hubs (and their competitors’ hubs) and because AS won’t grab and fill unserved routes at PDX because they’re too distracted with California and PAE and would rather shuttle everyone thru SEA. Their No. 2 hub gets third-class treatment.

Fair enough point. Still baffles me but obviously they have there reasons like you said. Yea it’s ashamed PDX gets treated the way they have from AS.

gjrip

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Hey gang. Long time lurker. Philly local, Leonardo Helicopters Engineer, and huge avgeek.

Just letting you all know that we have an AN124 here at PHL right now. Hoping to get over there to check it out. Landed yesterday from Baltimore. Apologies if this is a stupid thread to post this in.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly

PHLspecial

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm

gjrip wrote:
Hey gang. Long time lurker. Philly local, Leonardo Helicopters Engineer, and huge avgeek.

Just letting you all know that we have an AN124 here at PHL right now. Hoping to get over there to check it out. Landed yesterday from Baltimore. Apologies if this is a stupid thread to post this in.

No no you are in the right place. You any details where the A124N is parked at or when it's going to depart PHL?

gjrip

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:05 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:

No no you are in the right place. You any details where the A124N is parked at or when it's going to depart PHL?

Yep! Parked over by Atlantic Aviation. Just to the north of runway 8 entrance. Departing at 6:30pm today for Milan. Makes me think it may actually have something to do with my company since Leonardo is headquartered in Milan and we build 3 different types Leonardo Helicopters here in Philly. Maybe we are sending something large to the headquarters.

acentauri

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:01 am

Bigant0408 wrote:

I’m glad QR considered PHL worthy enough for Qsuites and also summer upgauge to 777-300. Just overall for the unsure routes for one I agree I don’t see El upgauge to a 332 especially with majority wide body gates being used by AA. I still don’t understand why PDX is summer only pretty much. I’m just ready to hear some good news and possibly unexpected route announcements

Worthy = Premium Traffic, period. QR has flown continuously from PHL for 5 years. They wouldn't still be there if the flight wasn't profitable, without QSuites. QSuites will eventually be used for all sustainable U.S. routes. Gad you Philadelphians are self crucifying. :biggrin: :biggrin:

PHLspecial

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 am

gjrip wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:

Yep! Parked over by Atlantic Aviation. Just to the north of runway 8 entrance. Departing at 6:30pm today for Milan. Makes me think it may actually have something to do with my company since Leonardo is headquartered in Milan and we build 3 different types Leonardo Helicopters here in Philly. Maybe we are sending something large to the headquarters.

Thank you for posting. That was quite a sight for me. I have video of the AN124 take off. Whatever the payload is, it was heavy. The climb rate was slow for sure.

Again you made a few av geeks happy. Thank you!

gjrip

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:17 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

Thank you for posting. That was quite a sight for me. I have video of the AN124 take off. Whatever the payload is, it was heavy. The climb rate was slow for sure.

Hey wait a second, you were there?? So was I! I was the guy with the bright red truck. Got a confirmation that we were shipping an AW139 helicopter to our headquarters in Milan!

PHLspecial

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:49 pm

gjrip wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:

Hey wait a second, you were there?? So was I! I was the guy with the bright red truck. Got a confirmation that we were shipping an AW139 helicopter to our headquarters in Milan!

Oh I didn't even realize, yeah I was the with the Toyota by you.

phlphan

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Can you post the video of the plane taking off? Thanks.

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:41 am

I noticed on Sun Country website that they quietly turned the route from seasonal to year round for now. I know there’s not much talk about them but still great thing to see

N292UX

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 am

AA is reportedly making a "huge announcement" soon, part of which is likely to concern international routes. According to the rumors PHL-BLQ/TXL are gone and BUD is going up to an A332 and MAN will be a 787, thus freeing up some aircraft. Could we see some new TATL routes coming to PHL soon? MXP finally being announced? A return to BRU? WAW? Or something else?

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 am

LH route to Munich is out of the question now with there announcement of new destinations to Seattle and Detroit among other routes

Ishrion

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:00 am

N292UX wrote:
AA is reportedly making a "huge announcement" soon, part of which is likely to concern international routes. According to the rumors PHL-BLQ/TXL are gone and BUD is going up to an A332 and MAN will be a 787, thus freeing up some aircraft. Could we see some new TATL routes coming to PHL soon? MXP finally being announced? A return to BRU? WAW? Or something else?

MAN to a 788 is confirmed. Was loaded a while ago.

Rest of the rumors show possibly Krakow, Casablanca, Tel Aviv, Malaga, and Nice.

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 am

Update for LH for Frankfurt next year

Frankfurt – Philadelphia eff 29MAR20 A340-600 replaces 747-400, 1 daily. First Class service once again offered

PHLspecial

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm

New route announced from AA

PHL-CMN (Casablanca, Morocco) 3x/week B757 June 4–Sept. 8

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... to-Africa/

I'm not sure if more changes are coming. Anyone with more details?

PHLspecial

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:

Frankfurt – Philadelphia eff 29MAR20 A340-600 replaces 747-400, 1 daily. First Class service once again offered

Interesting that LH is running the B744 during the winter season. Sad there was no MUC service from LH

chepos

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:18 pm

PHLspecial wrote:

PHL-KEF is also a new route for next summer (AA). TXL and DBV will return, BLQ will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:31 pm

chepos wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

PHL-KEF is also a new route for next summer (AA). TXL and DBV will return, BLQ will not.

I wonder if Icelandair would end operations when this happens especially with the issues they’ve been having as of late.

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:38 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Interesting that LH is running the B744 during the winter season. Sad there was no MUC service from LH

Yea I was for MUC too but obviously they feel other routes were better. Still glad Frankfurt route overall isn’t going anywhere and yea I thought they would switch to 333 like last year

PHLspecial

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
chepos wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

I wonder if Icelandair would end operations when this happens especially with the issues they’ve been having as of late.

I hope not. They are my cheap connection to ARN sometimes.

Bigant0408
Topic Author

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
chepos wrote:

Feelings mutual overall always good to see foreign aircrafts at PHL

PHLspecial

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Yeah it would be nice to see different carriers like SAS or Finnair. Don't know what would be the next foreign carrier. Only wild guesses at this point

DC1979

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:18 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

Yeah it would be nice to see different carriers like SAS or Finnair. Don't know what would be the next foreign carrier. Only wild guesses at this point

My guess for next foreign carrier is either Westjet, or more likely, Porter. Obviously not very sexy, but that is my prediction. I’m actually surprised Porter doesn’t fly to PHL already.

freakyrat

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Reference the Points Guy. PHL-SBN is definitely coming It's just a matter of when. AA's handling contractor at SBN was informed last October that it will happen within the next 18 months. With UA abandoning their regional jet flying at EWR and the SBN-EWR flights going seasonal I can see this happening as there is big demand for service to anything close to NYC and AA's CLT flights for NYC connections rapidly fill up. At least with a flight to PHL NYC bound passengers from SBN have better connections and more options. According to DOT passenger figures in 2017 the SBN-EWR flight was also generating demand for BOS as the primary destination market for EWR connecting passengers.

lowfareair

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:57 pm

OslPhlWasChi wrote:
https://www.phl.org/drupalbin/media/PHL%20Announces%20New%20AA%20Service%208-8-19.pdf

Based on this info, peak summer 2020 TATL so far (future changes may be announced) will see the following weekly flight changes:

-4 BLQ
+3 TXL
+4 DBV
+3 CMN
+7 KEF

Total is 13 more weekly flights compared to this year. Am I missing anything?

I think it is a bit too early to do TATL weekly or summer season (April - October) total seats yet, as there may be some additional changes that occur between now and then, but we should see a decent net growth for AA (LH will shrink with the 744 becoming a 346).

sagechan

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:08 pm

freakyrat wrote:
Reference the Points Guy. PHL-SBN is definitely coming It's just a matter of when. AA's handling contractor at SBN was informed last October that it will happen within the next 18 months. With UA abandoning their regional jet flying at EWR and the SBN-EWR flights going seasonal I can see this happening as there is big demand for service to anything close to NYC and AA's CLT flights for NYC connections rapidly fill up. At least with a flight to PHL NYC bound passengers from SBN have better connections and more options. According to DOT passenger figures in 2017 the SBN-EWR flight was also generating demand for BOS as the primary destination market for EWR connecting passengers.

While I can see SBN-PHL starting, ground handling contractors do not get advanced notice of new routes. The airport's air service department might get a small notice of a confirmed add.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

PHLspecial

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 am

Sorry for the poor quality video.
AN124 taking off

https://youtu.be/qAGjoqNpiqQ

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos