DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Manchester (UK) Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi All

Happy new year and welcome to the 2019 MAN News thread.

To recap some of the recent news from the back end of 2018:

SAS have added Manchester to Aarhus.
    VS have increased frequencies to ATL (5 weekly B744 up from 3 weekly B744) and JFK (daily A330 up from 3 weekly B744) for W19/20.
    UA are soon to use of the B764 replacing the B752
    QR increase to triple daily (which I believe is all A359)
    CX extended use of the A35K in the winter and summer peak
    AA using the B788 on PHL
    El Al appears from May
    EZY and RYR have clear plans for expansion subject to terminal space (RYR were unable to base 5 additional units due to terminal capacity constraints.

ET and 9W started their routes to ADD (via BRU) and BOM respectively towards the end of 2018. Both airlines have made positive (but fairly generic) noises about frequency increases to daily and in the case of ET decoupling from BRU.

On strategic development of new/existing routes:

China appears to have gone quiet following the bilateral fiasco, and the strategy has apparently shifted towards India (DEL specifically) and north east Asia (TYO and ICN in particular). Quite where TG are with MAN is anyone's guess.

CX and SQ are worth keeping an eye on in 2019. CX have already expanded to the larger A35K over the winter and summer “peaks” and I would not be surprised to see some additional frequencies (seasonal or otherwise) on the A359 announced in 2019. SQ have previously applied for a 6th weekly rotation on the existing route to IAH via MAN, and that appears to be in their thinking moving forward.

On infrastructure:

The new pier 1 should open in around 12 weeks time. It looks to be a dramatic improvement on what is currently in situ, but perhaps falls short of initial expectations. We will see how the terminal extension shapes up over the next 12 months, including the look and feel as well and should find out some of the new F&B and retail tenants imminently. We should also get news on the next build phases, including the detailed plans for the next pier and MSCP.

On other points:

The situations of 9W and BE are worth keeping an eye on for MAN. Should one or more fold, MAN would stand to lose its main UK local connectivity (including domestic feed to long haul) and its only year round route to India. MAN has done a good job of replacing the capacity lost from Monarch's collapse, so you wouldn't bet against them being able to do the same with BE and 9W, but I'm certain they'd rather be looking to develop the business further than backfill.

The potential purchase of BE by VS is worth watching. If VS proceeds with a purchase, and decides to optimise BE's network to better support VS' long haul feed, MAN appears to be in pole position to benefit.

Finally, this month sees the start of construction for the Hut Group's new HQ at Airport City. The investment for this alone outstrips MAG's investment in the current phase of the TP. There are also five (I think?) new hotels at various stages from planning to construction on the campus, as well as new warehousing and speculative office developments at airport city.

In summary, and with the usual (and this year not so usual) caveats - it is all systems go.

David_itl

Re: Manchester (UK) Thread - 2019

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:15 am

Jolly decent of the Evening News to list 198 available destinations ex-MAN. Not showing in the list are Aarhus and Addis Ababa!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-2019-destinations-jet2-15506662

Counted 42 long-haul destinations. Good job we're a backwater with practically no call for long-haul as we're just so low yield but more fool those airlines for even attempting to fly nowhere near London in the UK.

User001

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:27 am

FlyErnest will begin a weekly (Saturdays) Verona flight from 25th May. Will operate on behalf of TUI and is confirmed on the TUI website.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Etihad with an extended operation of B77W, per Airlineroute.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status ... 4257027072

Channex757

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Save me a dig through the plans.....any idea where Qatar Airways might be planning to build a lounge? Virgin definitely need to up their game as well, as they have enough critical mass now to warrant a proper Clubhouse offering

RainerBoeing777

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:39 pm

My predictions are:
Miami (MIA) - Manchester (MAN) with American Airlines
Manchester (MAN) - Delhi (DEL) with Virgin Atlantic
Seoul (ICN) - Manchester (MAN) with Asiana or Korean Air
Shanghai (PVG) - Manchester (MAN) with China Eastern
Chicago (ORD) - Manchester (MAN) with United or Virgin Atlantic
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

Boeing74741R

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:50 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
My predictions are:
Miami (MIA) - Manchester (MAN) with American Airlines
Manchester (MAN) - Delhi (DEL) with Virgin Atlantic
Seoul (ICN) - Manchester (MAN) with Asiana or Korean Air
Shanghai (PVG) - Manchester (MAN) with China Eastern
Chicago (ORD) - Manchester (MAN) with United or Virgin Atlantic

I can't see VS operating MAN-ORD for the foreseeable, particularly considering they pulled their seasonal LHR route. UA is more likely, but with increased EWR capacity this summer I do wonder if that's going to be their focus instead.

I've commented this before, but my hunch is that VS expansion from MAN would only be to airports that they already serve from London and particularly once they're fully over the 787 RR engine issues, though it's good to see JFK soon reverting back to year-round daily.

AA operated MAN-MIA one winter almost 15 years ago and didn't return. Thomas Cook also operated the route for a number of years until recently. Either the market isn't there or the execution hasn't been right. In terms of Florida, I'd say a route to TPA is more likely than MIA and has the potential to be a lot more successful, though stranger things have happened.

User001

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

My aspirations for long haul:

ORD to return via UA

ICN via Korean. Korean currently carry a lot of high value cargo from MAN via LHR. Also a growing student population from Korea in Manchester, MAN could also House ‘charter’ pax going to the lakes and Scotland (gives them more choice rather than just 3 flights a year to GLA) and also MAN is a growing tech hub, so connecting those 2 tech areas should be doable. 3-4 weekly max however.

Delhi from either Jet, Virgin or the fact they have applied for slots for the last 2 years, Spicejet if they can get hold of an aircraft. Spicejet have again applied for Manchester slots, listed as SG61/62 with an A330.

Ethiopians new Ghanaian Carrier to serve Accra. Maybe a 3 weekly flight to make ET daily overall at MAN. That would also ensure both east and west coast coast sub-Saharan Africa is connected.

Anything else on top of that would just be a bonus. Would love to see IAD/MIA and YYC back in the departure boards but I don’t see who would give them another try. MIA in particular seems a tough nut to crack, even EI is struggling.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:31 am

One of the interesting plot lines to keep an eye on over the next 12 to 24 months will be airline consolidation. This could have a major impact on MAN and its based carriers.

For example, we have already seen that VS are interested in acquiring BE. This might lead to a major realignment of the legacy BE network (which may be good or bad for MAN) in order to better support VS’ network (again this may be good or bad for MAN).

In addition, there is growing pressure on Thomas Cook to dispose of their (long haul) airline business. They appear to have stopped their current growth trajectory, and this may indicate that they are trying to get as strong a financial performance (ie profit) as possible over a 12 month period to make this attractive to a potential buyer. Again, there are synergies between VS (possibly with BE) and TCX which may be worth exploring. Other interested parties may include EasyJet, Norwegian or IAG.

Could be an interesting (perhaps bumpy) period ahead.

TurnaroudUK

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Any more news on the rumours of WorldWide by EasyJet?

Luftymatt

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:53 pm

User001 wrote:
Delhi from either Jet, Virgin or the fact they have applied for slots for the last 2 years, Spicejet if they can get hold of an aircraft. Spicejet have again applied for Manchester slots, listed as SG61/62 with an A330.

I wouldn't completely discount Air India from operating a DEL service in the future, they do have a major hub there and the success of their BHX operation, not to mention the success of Jet Airways from MAN may encourage them to look to MAN for further expansion.

As for UA, I'd love to see them start a ORD service out of MAN, and they do seem to be an obvious contender. However they seem to be painfully over cautious when it comes to making any advancements out of MAN.
chase the sun

digitalcloud

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:19 pm

AA PHL-MAN is currently showing as 767 instead of A330 for next summer.

User001

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:47 pm

digitalcloud wrote:

Well that’s just fantastic. I thought AA would have learnt their lesson with ORD. Completely killed that market with the B767 sh*t wagons. Seems PHL is next.....

digitalcloud

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm

User001 wrote:
digitalcloud wrote:

Well that’s just fantastic. I thought AA would have learnt their lesson with ORD. Completely killed that market with the B767 sh*t wagons. Seems PHL is next.....
As it stands, the 787 still takes over from 03NOV.

JamesAlice

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:57 pm

I saw the CX A350-1000 departing when I was in the T1 lounge last week. What an amazing looking plane! It's massive.

Why is there some doubt about the new T2 Pier?

by738

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Would be surprised if TCX is in the same format this time next year.Cant see any growth /expansion until that becomes clearer. VS might take some of the scraps.

SeanM1997

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Ryanair to launch a new Billund (BLL) route from 1 April 2019 on a 4 weekly frequency (Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays):

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ry ... to-billund

This route will compete directly against British Airways (Sun-Air franchise) 11 times weekly. This is also the second new Danish route to launch from Manchester in 2019 - with SAS launching Aarhus 3 times weekly from 1 April 2019

xijiayu

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:16 pm

I am going to fly CX A35K to HKG in June and hopefully I will get the chance to use the new T2 pier.

Channex757

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm

by738 wrote:
Would be surprised if TCX is in the same format this time next year.Cant see any growth /expansion until that becomes clearer. VS might take some of the scraps.

TCX have another A332 arriving soon. G-TCXD arrives in February. N969AV coming off a ten year lease at Avianca.

Their frequency to MCO is being upped over the summer peak too. 2019 doesn't see any banner additions but rather consolidation. TCXD would potentially free up G-VYGM to go to Jet2, with just VYGK from AirTanker flying TCX routes. That's a net change of zero widebodies this coming year. TCX also gets SFO to itself and VS will be doing the same at Boston.

If any of the airline brands gets closed or sold I could see it being the smaller ones.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:16 pm

JamesAlice wrote:
Why is there some doubt about the new T2 Pier?

If this is in relation to (my) initial comment that the pier falls short of initial expectations, this is the expectations created by the July 2015 renders which were apparently costed at in excess of £4bn (the budget remains around £1bn) and therefore completely unaffordable.

Hope this helps!

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Channex757 wrote:
by738 wrote:

TCX have another A332 arriving soon. G-TCXD arrives in February. N969AV coming off a ten year lease at Avianca.

Their frequency to MCO is being upped over the summer peak too. 2019 doesn't see any banner additions but rather consolidation. TCXD would potentially free up G-VYGM to go to Jet2, with just VYGK from AirTanker flying TCX routes. That's a net change of zero widebodies this coming year. TCX also gets SFO to itself and VS will be doing the same at Boston.

If any of the airline brands gets closed or sold I could see it being the smaller ones.

The press certainly think TCX selling the airline is on the cards. I have mixed feelings as they have certainly been trailblazers at MAN and a local success story.

However, I wonder if TCX are approaching the limit of what they can achieve under the current structure. If that is so, then it might not be a bad time to sell and realise value to focus on the core holiday business.

Channex757

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:15 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:

The press certainly think TCX selling the airline is on the cards. I have mixed feelings as they have certainly been trailblazers at MAN and a local success story.

However, I wonder if TCX are approaching the limit of what they can achieve under the current structure. If that is so, then it might not be a bad time to sell and realise value to focus on the core holiday business.

if anybody it would be DE that would be spun off and sold as it desperately needs big money spending on the fleet. Those 767s are getting old.

There is a hint of what might be coming though as TCX is flying A330s for DE at the moment. Anyway, TCX Longhaul is starting to focus more on holiday destinations this year. MCO is going double daily on some days. SFO is definitely more of a vacation operation and New York is definitely one. It'll be interesting to see how their JetBlue links develop should B6 go transatlantic.

The word for 2019 definitely seems to be consolidation. I can't see them taking on a fresh A330 lease if they are losing money on longhaul.

User001

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 pm

TCX, to me, has reached its plateau and needs a new format to continue onwards.

It needs a better brand for a start if I try does want to go fully down the scheduled route. In the U.K. it just can’t seem to shake its charter heritage (and indeed the holidays arm still seems to dictate many routes with Cancun increasing, Montego Bay added yet routes like Miami and Boston get cut). In the US, the brand isn’t well known and needs improvement.

It needs a better on board product. In economy the IFE is limited and costs more money to increase that offering, space is quite cramped and even TUI offer a better on board product (used TUI to Sanford for the first time on my bi-annual Orlando trip and was thouroughly impressed by their on board product).

Feed needs to improve to. They do have partner airlines but it’s poorly advertised and very piecemeal and disjointed. Proper feed could help a number of routes. For example, both VS and MT use Flybe for U.K. end feed. The VS code appears on some BE flights giving the former visibility in GDS. MT doesn’t have a full codeshare, so their code does not appear and thus reducing visibility. It’s also the same at the US end, they interline with Jetblue, but, very little advertising of that is made, so, many outside of the aviation world knows this interline exists.

Virgin is giving Thomas Cook a run for their money too, and I feel this is a brand that is going to get stronger. VS have been filling a HD B744 to ATL and JFK over winter to the point both routes are increasing next winter. The DL partnership offers that superior feed that MT needs.

Last but not least, dare I say the A321 could work well for them on east coast routes, while using the A330 for west coast and trunk routes like MCO.

I have no doubt that with the right product and right feed MT could make Routes like MIA/BWI/MSY And ORD work, even at a low frequency. I also feel Routes like BKK, HKT And CPT could work for TCX, but, they just see, to have lost that good momentum they began with.

It’s a shame, but, as said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see VS take advantage of this. I hear rumours that S20 will see 8 based with 2 new routes, but, they are just rumours for now.

David_itl

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:38 pm

This slipped under the radar as it was part of a network revision on routesonline https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282259/royal-air-maroc-s19-casablanca-network-changes/

"Casablanca – Manchester Frequency revised from 3 weekly to following:
01APR19 – 21JUN19 2 weekly (Previous plan: 2 weekly in May only)
23JUN19 – 13SEP19 4 weekly (1 of 4 weekly operated by Embraer E190)
16SEP19 – 25OCT19 2 weekly "

Also noted that Flybe's MAN-NQY appears to be 13 weekly this summer looking at their timetable with departures at 10:15 (Mon-Thurs) 10:20 (Fri), 13:50 ((Mon-Fri). 13:55 (Sat) and 16:35 (Sat and Sun)

azz767

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 am

Channex757 wrote:
by738 wrote:

As far as I was aware, G-VYGK comes off lease around Mar 19 and TCX are not going to be using Air Tanker past that. This means they will have a consistent product across their longhaul fleet. I imagine it will mean a further A330 coming across from Scandinavia for the summer to cover for the two Air Tanker frames gone (minus the soon to be G-TCXD).

digitalcloud

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:32 am

AA 763 confirmed by Airlineroute

Philadelphia – Manchester eff 03MAY19 767-300ER replaces A330-200 (Previously scheduled in October 2019 only)

Channex757

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

azz767 wrote:

As far as I was aware, G-VYGK comes off lease around Mar 19 and TCX are not going to be using Air Tanker past that. This means they will have a consistent product across their longhaul fleet. I imagine it will mean a further A330 coming across from Scandinavia for the summer to cover for the two Air Tanker frames gone (minus the soon to be G-TCXD).

Jethros site has some up to date info on this.

VYGK is also off to Jet2 with VYGL this summer. I can also see this being altered as VYGK has the IFE fitout. AirTanker is also leasing one to Condor this summer which might mean a swap about, and VYGM going to Jet2 instead.

LS is to damp lease an A330-300 as well for the MAN base. I really hope it's not that knackered thing TCX had off Hi-Fly last summer! It does mean LS basing three widebodies plus 757s at MAN this year. Quite a concentration of lift.

MANMatthew

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:33 pm

I’m sure it’s not new news now that VS has confirmed purchase of BE. Interesting to see how this pans out over the coming months.

Other update includes TUI flying their fortnightly MAN-LGK Jan-Mar this year. Having been to LGK twice in the last 2 years, I wouldn’t use TUI in a month of Sundays, but fair play if they make it stick.

Luftymatt

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

digitalcloud wrote:
AA 763 confirmed by Airlineroute

Philadelphia – Manchester eff 03MAY19 767-300ER replaces A330-200 (Previously scheduled in October 2019 only)

They're determined to lose customers at MAN aren't they? Not good news at all.
chase the sun

Mullion

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Soon be on B788 don`t worry.

Channex757

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm

LS summer lease of an A330-300 is to be from Evelop! so not the nasty Hi-Fly one.

Luftymatt

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Mullion wrote:

That is good then. Do you know how long is the 767 planned to be on the route?
chase the sun

RyanairGuru

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:14 am

Luftymatt wrote:
Mullion wrote:

That is good then. Do you know how long is the 767 planned to be on the route?

Until November, which is when it becomes a 787
Worked Hard, Flew Right

TropicalSky

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 am

Any pics or updates on the construction at MANCHESTER?

VS4ever

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 am

Follow up question, what’s the latest on us preclearance at MAN, is it still going to happen, could this also be part of the rationale for the flybe deal?
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

Mullion

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am

Try this as there are regular updates and it is free to join
https://forums4airports.com/threads/4319/page-32

User001

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:30 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Follow up question, what’s the latest on us preclearance at MAN, is it still going to happen, could this also be part of the rationale for the flybe deal?

The official line coming from MAN is that discussions are still ongoing. One thing that could be holding this back may be Brexit, not in a financial sense, but in the sense that a lot of new treaties and other political aspects need to be re-negotiated, so, pre clearance may be a little further down the list at the moment.

In terms of USPC, it is primarily airline (and ultimately passenger) finances, so, airlines need to find a cost benefit to having USPC. With a potential hub operation, VS (DL) could be the ones to finally push for that. With USPC, connections from domestic links, small European feed and an Indian destination, MAN could be for the DL/KL/VS/AF group what DUB is for IAG. The smaller, niche hub with its own benefits. As much as I admire what DUB has been able to achieve, it gets a lot of its success from U.K. connections (to which MAN has a bigger reach into) so, in time, and with the right building blocks and the fact the North West economy is growing, no reason MAN can’t replicate this success.

Aisak

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:49 pm

VS4ever wrote:
could this also be part of the rationale for the flybe deal?

Speaking of the flyBE deal, if MAN wants to be a pleasant experience for connections, i think some airlines reshuffle is needed like the one at LHR just after T5 openned.
I don't know much about MAN as I've never flown in or out MAN but it seems longhaul/widebodies is at T2 (VS and DL) while domestics are handled at T3, which is only connected to T1 and quite far from T2. The rest of airlines is basically randomly set around the airport with no major guideance.

Maybe DL and VS should find place at T1-T3 and get a lounge there. That way, OW and Skyteam, along with any others requiring the domestic capabilities would be at T1-T3 and the rest at T2.

User001

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:33 pm

VS use T2 which is in the midst of a big redevelopment.
T1 is being knocked down and T3 repurposed for almost exclusively low cost operations (namely Ryanair).
At T2, and accounting for the fact this is speculation rather than any insider knowledge, VS, DL, KL and AF could operate from their own pier should the option arise. This could bring operation efficiencies such as sub 35 minute transfers to short haul. There is to be a new transfer facility built into T2 also.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:15 pm

One situation resulting from this BE/VS tie up that has largely flown under the radar (pardon the pun) is TCX.

As I understand it, their long haul airline business is either up for sale or they are considering putting it up for sale. This tie up almost inevitably removes what I believe to be a relatively major feed from BE to TCX.

TCX and VS fly to similar TATL markets, and it therefore stands to reason that this deal will make VS stronger and TCX weaker in those markets.

Where does that leave TCX? I don’t know. But I’d not be shocked if VS feels there is an opportunity to steal TCX’s market share in order to either drive them out of these markets or for VS to acquire TCX’s long haul airline business for a knock down price (perhaps giving VS better economy of scale).

Purely my speculation, and I don’t expect anything to change overnight, but interesting times.

Armodeen

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 pm

VS buying TCXs long haul business would be a bold bold move. It could work out, or it could bring down the entire company! I don’t think they would take that level of risk.

mandyhaslott

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
One situation resulting from this BE/VS tie up that has largely flown under the radar (pardon the pun) is TCX.

As I understand it, their long haul airline business is either up for sale or they are considering putting it up for sale. This tie up almost inevitably removes what I believe to be a relatively major feed from BE to TCX.

TCX and VS fly to similar TATL markets, and it therefore stands to reason that this deal will make VS stronger and TCX weaker in those markets.

Where does that leave TCX? I don’t know. But I’d not be shocked if VS feels there is an opportunity to steal TCX’s market share in order to either drive them out of these markets or for VS to acquire TCX’s long haul airline business for a knock down price (perhaps giving VS better economy of scale).

Purely my speculation, and I don’t expect anything to change overnight, but interesting times.

If TCX collapsed I'd expect TUI to take the most advantage of that situation rather than VS. I can only see VS taking advantage of certain routes e.g. upgauging TATL. Who knows maybe VS would be more bold and suprise us!

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:23 pm

mandyhaslott wrote:
If TCX collapsed I'd expect TUI to take the most advantage of that situation rather than VS. I can only see VS taking advantage of certain routes e.g. upgauging TATL. Who knows maybe VS would be more bold and suprise us!

I hadn’t considered a scenario where TCX (airline or group as a whole) collaped as I don’t see that as a realistic scenario based on what is known at the time of writing.

There is of course a distinction between the Thomas Cook holiday business (which will compete directly with TUi) and the TCX long haul airline business (which will compete directly with VS). Depending on what elements are in play depends on who stands to benefit.

I agree that in a total collapse scenario the likes of TUi attempt to gain market share, but that market would be (IMO - for the reasons stated above) a different market to that which VS would attempt to grab.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Armodeen wrote:
VS buying TCXs long haul business would be a bold bold move. It could work out, or it could bring down the entire company! I don’t think they would take that level of risk.

Agreed - I don’t think anything in that scale could be done without DL’s financial support in the background.

I suspect the present deal with BE also has support (financial or otherwise) from DL but in truth nobody outside the DL/VS decision makers knows what they have planned.

TurnaroudUK

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Can anyone shed some light on this?
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-year-15685902

We have the walkway tunnels so this really isn't needed is it? And wont they just get caught up in the traffic around the airport anyway, would perhaps take longer than walking from the station.
If something like this was to happen wouldn't it be better to go along the lines of what Heathrow have done with the T5 business car park

Love to know everyone's thoughts

Scottiedog

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 pm

From Planetalk Issue 74 to whom full credit is given - please do not copy to any other site of forum, thank you:

8herveg

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:14 pm

New private terminal opening at MAN later this year. Didn't see this coming! https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-15715759

Armodeen

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

8herveg wrote:
New private terminal opening at MAN later this year. Didn't see this coming! https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-15715759

For £50 a throw I'll give it a go with the wife, looks like fun!

Mullion

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:06 pm

I think that is starting price

David_itl

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:00 am

So the CAA stats are out for December, Ethiopian saw 1820 passengers on their service. Maximum 24 services so roughly 76 passengers per flight Jet Airways had 9296 passengers on 46 flghts so 202 passengers per flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos