Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

8herveg

Re: Manchester (UK) Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 am

David_itl wrote:
and it is.... Juneyao 3 weekly to Shanghai via Helsinki.New 5th Freedom route. Mon. Wed, Fir. Arrive 0830, depart 1000 on 789s https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/chinese-airline-launches-new-service-17281621

Out of interest, what’s the difference between this flight and someone flying via any other hub? LHR on BA, AMS on KL, FRA on LH etc. Surely the whole point/attraction of launching a new flight is that it flies there non-stop?

When will they omit the Helsinki stop off?

SeanM1997

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:24 am

David_itl wrote:
and it is.... Juneyao 3 weekly to Shanghai via Helsinki.New 5th Freedom route. Mon. Wed, Fir. Arrive 0830, depart 1000 on 789s https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/chinese-airline-launches-new-service-17281621

Has it got fifth freedom rights? Isn't it just an extension to the existing Helsinki - Shanghai route?

David_itl

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:27 am

I assume so: "Wang Junjin, Juneyao Air Chariman, said: “Juneyao Air is delighted to launch its first fifth-freedom route to Manchester,..."

digitalcloud

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 am

8herveg wrote:
David_itl wrote:

Out of interest, what’s the difference between this flight and someone flying via any other hub? LHR on BA, AMS on KL, FRA on LH etc. Surely the whole point/attraction of launching a new flight is that it flies there non-stop?

It's technically direct, just not non-stop. Would imagine it will be primarily aimed at inbound pax as Chinese pax tend to prefer their home country's carriers.

Scottiedog

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:50 am

For those who are interested I am attaching the latest update from the MANTP Team - to whom full credit is given. If you're not interested then please just ignore.

Last edited by Scottiedog on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

8herveg

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:52 am

digitalcloud wrote:
8herveg wrote:
David_itl wrote:

It's technically direct, just not non-stop. Would imagine it will be primarily aimed at inbound pax as Chinese pax tend to prefer their home country's carriers.

No I know....appreciate there is a difference in 'direct' and 'non-stop' but from a physical/timing point of view, the passenger is still stopping off at another airport along the way, irrespective of the flight number. So surely there still can't be that much in it, time wise, whether you stop off in HEL on the same plane, or whether you change planes onto another flight at LHR, CDG, AMS etc.

Saying that, do we know whether passengers will have to get off the plane at HEL? How long does it stop off for?

Mullion

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am

It`s a lot easier than getting off one plane and on another also it might involve a terminal change

HUYfan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 am

It was never about ignoring your posts Scottiedog, it was about the data required to open the thread. I don’t think there is a way of opening the thread without having to download your entire post? It was a 50/50 split pretty much between members wanting and not wanting such in depth updates. Would you consider the suggestion of posting a link as opposed to the whole update?

Kind regards

HUYfan

User001

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 am

8herveg wrote:
digitalcloud wrote:
8herveg wrote:

No I know....appreciate there is a difference in 'direct' and 'non-stop' but from a physical/timing point of view, the passenger is still stopping off at another airport along the way, irrespective of the flight number. So surely there still can't be that much in it, time wise, whether you stop off in HEL on the same plane, or whether you change planes onto another flight at LHR, CDG, AMS etc.

Saying that, do we know whether passengers will have to get off the plane at HEL? How long does it stop off for?

Well because a connection at LHR/AMS/CDG etc require a change of plane, sometimes long wait at the hub and in some cases a detour from the GC route.

This flight will give Manchester exposure to the Chinese Market and appear in GDS as direct so will appear further up the list of options

PacoMartin

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm

jubaexpress wrote:
Missed the obvious one that it could be Shang(Hai).

It looks like we were wasting our time with wiktionary. Should have just gone with the pun.

I wonder if Star Alliance customers looking for cheap tickets will use it as an alternative to get from NYC to Shanghai?

PVG EWR 7,384 mi

Total 9087 miles
EWR MAN 3,354 mi
MAN HEL 1,129 mi
HEL PVG 4,604 mi

Particularly if they upgrade to a nonstop in the future
MAN PVG 5,720 mi

MareBorealis

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Mullion wrote:
It`s a lot easier than getting off one plane and on another also it might involve a terminal change

Flying PVG-HEL-MAN means you don't have to leave the non-Schengen terminal at HEL. Very easy process, no passport checks and when arriving from UK no security check either. Juneyao's current PVG-HEL service remains daily in S20, it looks there are more extensions beside MAN on the table, DUB and KEF mentioned.

Scottiedog

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Okay, are you sitting comfortably? The start of S20 report is now available. Please remember that all applications and other information is subject to change and therefore must be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage.

Passengers - +12.1%
Movements - +9.2%

Adria Arways - Cancelled
Air Arabia Maroc - Cancelled
Air Malta - Increase from 1 to 2 per week
Air Baltic - New 4 times weekly service to Riga with A220-300
Alitalia - Once again have applied for slots to Milan Linate on a daily basis with an A320
American Airlines - Philadelphia stays at daily. B767-300 for the summer, replaces B787-8 between January-March
Austrian - Changes from EM190 to A319 on daily Vienna
Biman Bangladesh - New service, as previously announced 3 times per week from 5th January and increasing to 4 per week for S20
Cathay - Daily A350-1000 for the summer
Corendon Airlines - Daily Antalya service plus 9 per week to Bodrum. Both with B737-800
Delta - return between 22nd May-8th September to Boston with B757-200
easyJet - reported to be increasing by 4 aircraft from 17 to 21, but more likely to be 19 due to terminal capacity
Fly Ernest - Cancelled
Flybe - New daily Stuttgart and an unknown domestic destination. The previously announced reduction in services results in a 3% loss of capacity
FlyEgypt - 4 times weekly B737-800 charter service to Hurghada
Freebird - proposed A320 service 8 times per week to Antalya and Dalaman
Iberia Express - Increase from 4 to 5 per week
Icelandair- Up from 7 to 8 per week with an extra evening flight on Sunday
Indigo - Although no wide-bodied aircraft they have applied for daily services to both Mumbai and Delhi
Jet2 - Based aircraft increase from 19 to 24. Also a B737-800 changes to B757 and a B757 to A300-200
Juneyao - As already announced today a new service to Shanghai with a B787-9 3 times per week via Helsinki
Loganair - Norwich returns from 2 to 3 per day plus extra Stornaway
LOT Polish Airlines - Planned 2 x daily to Warsaw with EMB190
Lufthansa - Planned increase on Munich from 3 to 4 per day
Norwegian - Continues twice weekly to Bergen from W19
Pakistan International - New service to Sialkot once per week with B777-300. Islamabad increases to daily and Lahore stays at twice weekly - all B777-300
Qatar Airways - B777-300 on both morning and lunchtime service with B787-8 in the evening
Ryanair - 1 extra based aircraft plus additional non-based flights. Approximately 23% passenger increase against S19
Scandinavian Airlines - Stavanger continues from W19. Stockholm increases from 2 to 3 daily and Bergen increases from 2 to 3 per week
Smartlynx - Propose to base 2 A321 aircraft for 28 weekly charters
TAP - Increase Lisbon from 13 to 14 per week
Thai International - Proposed Bangkok service from July with A350-900. Slots held for daily service but likely to be 4 per week
Transavia France - Possible twice weekly Orly flight with B737-800
TUI - Increase based aircraft from 14 to 19
Turkish - Change of aircraft type.A330-300 on 7 flights per day with the rest on A321
Virgin Atlantic- Based aircraft up from 6 to 7. Some additional slots held to unspecified destinations

Luftymatt

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks for the update Scottiedog, when did Air Arabia Maroc cancel? Also are Royal air Maroc still flying out of MAN?
Interesting about Thai, I hope it comes to fruition.

I take it that when you say Alitalia have applied for Milan Linate once again, that you don't think there's much chance of it happening? I wasn't aware that they'd even applied for slots recently.
chase the sun

Mullion

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:05 am

Couple of answers 1. Air Arabia Maroc has closed the base so no flights to BHX/LGW either
2. Alitaila have put in for slots in recent years and now Flybe off Milan hopefully more likely

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

It sounds like Virgin Atlantic applied for (and got) 4x daily slot pairs at MAN which are held under the alias ZZF (ie the other end of the route is not revealed).

This implies a plan to base an additional 4 (possibly more if long sector lengths are planned) aircraft at MAN which was not yet followed through.

I would not expect this to necessarily lead to an announcement at any stage shortly, but this underpins that there is quite a lot bubbling away under the surface with VS at MAN which might come to pass quite quickly

8herveg

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
It sounds like Virgin Atlantic applied for (and got) 4x daily slot pairs at MAN which are held under the alias ZZF (ie the other end of the route is not revealed).

This implies a plan to base an additional 4 (possibly more if long sector lengths are planned) aircraft at MAN which was not yet followed through.

I would not expect this to necessarily lead to an announcement at any stage shortly, but this underpins that there is quite a lot bubbling away under the surface with VS at MAN which might come to pass quite quickly

Amazing. India seems like a big hole in MAN's network, especially as the 9W flight from BOM had good loads (although I appreciate that doesn't necessarily mean good yields). VS seem to have a good strategy of transferring pax from India to the US via LHR and I think (hope!) they'll do the same via MAN too, so I expect daily DEL and BOM to be launched. Anyone else agree?

I also think LAX could be increased to daily (and perhaps year round too?), SFO to be launched (perhaps 3 x weekly?) and MIA and SEA to be launched too (again, both 3 x weekly).

Thoughts?

FLYKTPA

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:52 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:

Is there a source for the application of 4x daily slot pairs? I’d love to read more about it.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi both

I’m afraid I don’t believe the source of the information is currently available for public scrutiny - I’m not clear on that so happy to stand corrected.

There is an article (link below) which explains a little about the VS hub, and also drops in DEL and BOM (both of which appear to be clear targets for VS to operate from MAN both for p2p, TATL feed, and regional UK feed).

https://www.anna.aero/2019/11/21/manche ... -atlantic/

Luftymatt

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Mullion wrote:
Couple of answers 1. Air Arabia Maroc has closed the base so no flights to BHX/LGW either
2. Alitaila have put in for slots in recent years and now Flybe off Milan hopefully more likely

Thank you Mullion for your response. I had no idea that they'd closed their base. Fingers crossed for the Alitailia
chase the sun

EIEIDW

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

Amazing. India seems like a big hole in MAN's network, especially as the 9W flight from BOM had good loads (although I appreciate that doesn't necessarily mean good yields). VS seem to have a good strategy of transferring pax from India to the US via LHR and I think (hope!) they'll do the same via MAN too, so I expect daily DEL and BOM to be launched. Anyone else agree?

I also think LAX could be increased to daily (and perhaps year round too?), SFO to be launched (perhaps 3 x weekly?) and MIA and SEA to be launched too (again, both 3 x weekly).

Thoughts?

Dont see them making MAN a hub for transiting PAX from India to North America. They dont want to loose their valuable LHR PAX. MAN is more of a lesure destination for VS

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:33 pm

EIEIDW wrote:
Dont see them making MAN a hub for transiting PAX from India to North America. They dont want to loose their valuable LHR PAX. MAN is more of a lesure destination for VS

This article from blue Swann sets out precisely that VS are intending to make MAN a transit point from east to west and vice versa. This plan had started to be implemented with Jet Airways MAN-BOM connecting into VS, before Jet Airways went under.

https://blueswandaily.com/virgin-atlant ... -partners/

I don’t think your point makes much commercial sense, as the value in LHR is point to point O&D traffic. Having a transfer point at MAN enables VS to clear space for p2p at LHR.

On the leisure traffic, VS/DL has pivoted capacity at MAN towards what most would consider to be non-leisure destinations. Of course, statistically almost every single airline route on earth is heavily (85%+) leisure oriented by passenger volume.

User001

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Or given the fact LHR-India is under server/capacity and heavily slot constrained, maybe MAN can be the bypass hub for VS/DL in the same way DUB is for IAG.

Frees up O&D seats on the valuable LHR flights, moves the connecting pax up north where frankly the pax weren't going to touch London anyway and care not where they transfer.

Clearly a plan is afoot somewhere as VS themselves have said MAN is to be a hub for them. The purchase of BE reinforces this as BE fits their MAN flights more than any other destination.

goosebayguy

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Just tried booking SIA from MAN, Fully booked in January.

User001

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 pm

goosebayguy wrote:
Just tried booking SIA from MAN, Fully booked in January.

Are you sure. Tried SIN-MAN/MAN-Sin and same. For IAH and found lots of fares for Jan on a few different sites?

jubaexpress

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Luftymatt wrote:
Mullion wrote:

Thank you Mullion for your response. I had no idea that they'd closed their base. Fingers crossed for the Alitailia

Given it seems the rescue deal with Atlantis has fallen through, I wouldn't hold your breathe for Alitalia.

Luftymatt

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:44 am

Double post.
Last edited by Luftymatt on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
chase the sun

Luftymatt

Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:45 am

Luftymatt wrote:
jubaexpress wrote:
Luftymatt wrote:

Given it seems the rescue deal with Atlantis has fallen through, I wouldn't hold your breathe for Alitalia.

Given that the first time I heard of Alitalia applying for slots was a couple of days ago, and the fact that I indicated that I was surprised about it I won't be, don't worry ;)
chase the sun

Scottiedog

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Manchester Statistics - October 2019

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

No new destinations were included in October

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
Amsterdam - 1,061,781 passengers

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for October.
Aberdeen, Belfast City, Glasgow, and Guernsey whose total passengers, in 2018, totaled 56,355

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics
Monthly passengers – 2,505,175 -1.86%
Annual Total – 19,980,245 +4.20%
Moving Annual Total - 29,483,197 +4.81%

Monthly Movements – 17,737 -2.50%
Annual Movements – 132,993 +1.56%
Moving Annual Movements – 203,724 +1.61%

Manchester Airport's October statistics

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

Top destinations with highest percentage increase.

Figures for the European and long-haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.
Istanbul figures are affected by the start of the Pegasus service to Sabiha Gokcen airport. The combined figures for both airports gives an increase of 61.8% over the same month last year.
New York (JFK) – Although the monthly figures is down by 17,391 one must remember that Thomas Cook in September had carried 12,558 passengers until their sad demise on 23rd September.

Comparison of top 31 destinations - October 2009 versus October 2019

Major changes to Domestic traffic

Load factors analysis on certain routes

David_itl

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:23 pm

This bit from the ACL report looks correct:
"Jet2 - Based aircraft increase from 19 to 24. Also a B737-800 changes to B757 and a B757 to A330-200"

As we have this

"An additional five aircraft will be based at Manchester, and one each at Birmingham and Stansted Heapy told delegates."

So I'd say an extra 70 to 80 round trip flights a week to be operated., Something like only 6 announced so there's going to be a big news conference for maximum coverage.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jet2-not-ruling-out-further-airline-expansion-for-summer-2020-20256

TurnaroudUK

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 pm

I hear Delta are looking at Seattle

8herveg

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:31 pm

TurnaroudUK wrote:

Where did you hear that from? I would have thought VS would operate it rather than DL. DL don’t even operate to LHR from SEA.

JamesCousins

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:40 pm

8herveg wrote:
TurnaroudUK wrote:

Where did you hear that from? I would have thought VS would operate it rather than DL. DL don’t even operate to LHR from SEA.

Depends if VS have the metal
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY // Upcoming: W6 A320, W6 A321, EVA 77W, VS 787-9m AS A320, VS A35K, KLM E190, KLM 738, LS 737

RyanairGuru

Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:18 am

JamesCousins wrote:
8herveg wrote:
TurnaroudUK wrote:

Also the smaller 767 might be better suited to the market than an A330.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

David_itl

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:28 am

and we've got to remember that VS said that Delta may operate any additional services whilst they are relatively short of aircraft. Bedding in the route for a season or two with the 767 may be the best way to approach it. Thomas Cook were achieving about 90% loads on their 2 weekly service. I can't see it being daily but maybe 3 or 4 weekly which begs the question of whether they'd do a 2nd route on the days they don't operate (hello a midwestern city!)

8herveg

Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
JamesCousins wrote:
8herveg wrote:

True. I didn't think of that. I guess from a brand perspective, I always feel that VS is better suited for the MAN market as I'd imagine most of the traffic is outbound and VS is better known for Brits than DL. That said, DL/VS are a JV therefore either airline can be booked from either of their websites, so I guess it's academic.

I was always surprised that VS took over the ATL route from MAN though. I always thought DL would continue to operate that route and VS could use that aircraft for another route. I read on here that DL might actually operate the route again instead of VS (once the new 'hub' is up and running from MAN) but not sure if there is any truth in that.

I think DL is better at operating to the hubs and thin routes such as ATL, BOS, DTW (if/when), SEA and VS is better for the more leisure and O&D routes such as JFK, LAS, LAX, SFO, MIA, MCO etc.

User001

Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:49 am

The thing with DL and SEA to consider, if it a corporate contract may have been sought.

Amazon have opened or are opening a HQ office in Manchester, Boeing has ties to the Sheffield/Doncaster area andMicrosoft have Manchester offices too.

The fact Virgin will be making MAN a hub also bolsters the case.

Boeing74741R

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:22 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
JamesCousins wrote:
8herveg wrote:

And SEA is a DL hub.

With the VS fleet going through a transition period at the moment with A340's and 747's being phased out as A350's arrive, more demands on the fleet due to the ongoing 787 RR engine issues, growth out of LHR to new/returning markets such as TLV, GRU, BOM and an extra DEL, extra frequencies being added from MAN in particular in light of Thomas Cook's demise, this is one of the scenarios and routes where DL operating it makes more sense at the present time. If it comes off, it could change in the future like JFK did if it's popular. As David says, VS did hint recently that DL could be in the frame for some routes in order to act quickly to new opportunities.

Another factor of course is that DL have smaller aircraft that are potentially better suited than anything VS has in their fleet at the present time. BOS is a great example where it's going to be a daily 757 next year instead of an A330 a few days a week.

I guess we'll see what happens, particularly if the talk recently about VS gaining a few slots is true.

Armodeen

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear of VS picking up a couple more A330s, particularly 200s.

User001

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:38 am

Just 3 new routes to report today!

Jet2 adding 2 weekly Mykonos from May 2020
TUI adding Varadero, Cuba and Banjul, Gambia from November 1st 2020.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Armodeen wrote:
It wouldn’t surprise me to hear of VS picking up a couple more A330s, particularly 200s.

I agree - but no idea where they would get them from if not TCX (and if they were interested in the ex-TCX frames, presumably they would have grabbed them by now). I think SQ are shedding A333s - no idea if they would be of interest.

Onlyturnright

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:53 pm

8herveg wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
JamesCousins wrote:

True. I didn't think of that. I guess from a brand perspective, I always feel that VS is better suited for the MAN market as I'd imagine most of the traffic is outbound and VS is better known for Brits than DL. That said, DL/VS are a JV therefore either airline can be booked from either of their websites, so I guess it's academic.

I was always surprised that VS took over the ATL route from MAN though. I always thought DL would continue to operate that route and VS could use that aircraft for another route. I read on here that DL might actually operate the route again instead of VS (once the new 'hub' is up and running from MAN) but not sure if there is any truth in that.

I think DL is better at operating to the hubs and thin routes such as ATL, BOS, DTW (if/when), SEA and VS is better for the more leisure and O&D routes such as JFK, LAS, LAX, SFO, MIA, MCO etc.

Got to remember, this allowed DL to in effect ‘close’ the station and hand it over to VS. Thus saving money on DL station management/representatives etc bearing in mind VS had management already present with their own operation who could bring the flight under their wing. (Excuse the pun). Probably a clever way to cut down on 2 sets of station staff and save money.

User001

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Onlyturnright wrote:
Got to remember, this allowed DL to in effect ‘close’ the station and hand it over to VS. Thus saving money on DL station management/representatives etc bearing in mind VS had management already present with their own operation who could bring the flight under their wing. (Excuse the pun). Probably a clever way to cut down on 2 sets of station staff and save money.

But don't forget Delta are confirmed to be returning to MAN from May 2020 with the daily BOS flight.

klm617

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Boeing74741R wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
JamesCousins wrote:

And SEA is a DL hub.

With the VS fleet going through a transition period at the moment with A340's and 747's being phased out as A350's arrive, more demands on the fleet due to the ongoing 787 RR engine issues, growth out of LHR to new/returning markets such as TLV, GRU, BOM and an extra DEL, extra frequencies being added from MAN in particular in light of Thomas Cook's demise, this is one of the scenarios and routes where DL operating it makes more sense at the present time. If it comes off, it could change in the future like JFK did if it's popular. As David says, VS did hint recently that DL could be in the frame for some routes in order to act quickly to new opportunities.

Another factor of course is that DL have smaller aircraft that are potentially better suited than anything VS has in their fleet at the present time. BOS is a great example where it's going to be a daily 757 next year instead of an A330 a few days a week.

I guess we'll see what happens, particularly if the talk recently about VS gaining a few slots is true.

DTW is also a good candidate to get a Manchester flight and probably better suited as it can be reached with a 757 and a much bigger hub than SEA that could give Manchester customers 1 stop connections to Delta's entire western network without back tracking.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

Onlyturnright

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:34 pm

User001 wrote:
Onlyturnright wrote:

But don't forget Delta are confirmed to be returning to MAN from May 2020 with the daily BOS flight.

Very true. But I doubt DL will reinstate those previous positions. As it is all a common check in area with ‘shared’ check-in/boarding staff is imagine the VS station representation will over see the flight. Time will tell though.

User001

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Onlyturnright wrote:
User001 wrote:
Onlyturnright wrote:

Very true. But I doubt DL will reinstate those previous positions. As it is all a common check in area with ‘shared’ check-in/boarding staff is imagine the VS station representation will over see the flight. Time will tell though.

Indeed but the point I was making was that there is no longer the distinction that only VS can fly a route and that there could well be a mix.

In time, I could foresee a situation where DL serve BOS/ATL/DTW/SEA and VS serve the non-main hubs of MCO/LAS/SFO/LAX and JFK (JFK obviously a main hub but feel VS could work better on this due to capacity)

Mullion

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:46 pm

All the TCX A330 are parked up incl 3 at MAN

JamesCousins

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 am

User001 wrote:
Onlyturnright wrote:
User001 wrote:

Indeed but the point I was making was that there is no longer the distinction that only VS can fly a route and that there could well be a mix.

In time, I could foresee a situation where DL serve BOS/ATL/DTW/SEA and VS serve the non-main hubs of MCO/LAS/SFO/LAX and JFK (JFK obviously a main hub but feel VS could work better on this due to capacity)

I think this could one of a few very different ways. Either DL, who have the metal where VS currently don't, build a route network where routes can be passed off to an expanded VS, or Delta choose to build the 2 as separate (very closely connected) carriers where one deals with the more touristy routes, and the other feeds into key US hubs/focus cities.

It's a lot easier for DL to commit an aircraft to a route and remove if necessary, than it is for VS who are pulling from a much smaller pool of aircraft. I can see VS exercising their A330neo options and/or striking an extension on their current A333 leases to make way for this consistent growth.
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, TUI, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE, X9, OLY // Upcoming: W6 A320, W6 A321, EVA 77W, VS 787-9m AS A320, VS A35K, KLM E190, KLM 738, LS 737

Scottiedog

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:25 pm

For those who are interested here is a cut down version of update #118 courtesy of the MANTP Team,towho full credit is given.

by738

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:25 pm

User001 wrote:

Yes good to see Cuba full season once weekly Cayo Coco from March mix 788 and 789

Ryga

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:43 am

by738 wrote:
User001 wrote:

Yes good to see Cuba full season once weekly Cayo Coco from March mix 788 and 789

TUI is only offering VRA - Not Cayo Coco
AA AM BA BM BY DP DY EK MH PG RJ TK U2 VS Y2 ZB Z2 5J 9W

738 752 762ER/3ER 77W 788/9
A319/20/21 A332/3
E190
ATR 72-600
Jetstream 32
CRJ200ER

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos