Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EIEIDW

Re: Manchester (UK) Thread - 2019

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:40 pm

mandyhaslott wrote:
Scottiedog wrote:
Update #120 from the MANTP Team - to whom full credit is given.

I believe that all reference to taxilane Victor-Bravo is incorrect and should be to Taxilane Juliet

This last picture is taken from the latest MANTP video and show, at the bottom right, the area in the above slide that will be used as an airside coaching area.

Would it be possible to post these updates in a link so whoever is interested can click the link? Then the rest of us won't have to scroll through them. I'm sure a minority on here maybe interested however The updates are so frequent (now on update 120!) and detailed... Is there anyone here really that interested? I think a quarterly update would be more engaging. Let's face it... Is a building site... We get it.

I totally agree!

MANMatthew

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:18 pm

EIEIDW wrote:
mandyhaslott wrote:
Scottiedog wrote:
Update #120 from the MANTP Team - to whom full credit is given.

I believe that all reference to taxilane Victor-Bravo is incorrect and should be to Taxilane Juliet

This last picture is taken from the latest MANTP video and show, at the bottom right, the area in the above slide that will be used as an airside coaching area.

Would it be possible to post these updates in a link so whoever is interested can click the link? Then the rest of us won't have to scroll through them. I'm sure a minority on here maybe interested however The updates are so frequent (now on update 120!) and detailed... Is there anyone here really that interested? I think a quarterly update would be more engaging. Let's face it... Is a building site... We get it.

I totally agree!

Agree.

User001

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Summer 2020 increases:

Vueling to increase MAN-BCN to 11 weekly. 2nd daily flight operates Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat.

Brussels Airlines also increase flights, with it rising from 19 to 23 weekly. 4th daily operates Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri.

Lastly, Icelandair increase from 5 weekly to 6 weekly, with a 2nd flight operating on Sunday evenings as FI444/445.

mrcogs

Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Total plane geek comment, but I am totally gutted at the changes to MAN's viewing park because of Premiair. Where is still a decent view? Is it back to T1 carpark roof?

Mullion

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:28 am

Southside, better views, better photography just need somewhere to shelter in the rain

Armodeen

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:32 am

mrcogs wrote:
Total plane geek comment, but I am totally gutted at the changes to MAN's viewing park because of Premiair. Where is still a decent view? Is it back to T1 carpark roof?

T1 car park is now pre book only. The days of rolling your car up to the roof for spotting are gone unfortunately. You can still park elsewhere and walk up. Instead I went to the new T2 west car park to check out the views there - they are excellent over the new pier (long haul heavies) but doesn’t really have a view over the rest of the apron.

Other than that south side has amazing views. Numerous good spots for landing traffic on 23R (just look at google maps) and you can even trek it to the end of the 05s (either of them) if you don’t mind the walk. Manchester at least isn’t short on good access.

David_itl

Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Shall we go into the realms of fantasy? Why not! We know that MAN has previously indicated that Perth would be one of the routes that they are hopeful for in the very long-term. On the back of Qantas' selection of the A350-1000 for any east coast Australia-Europe non-stop services, Anna Aero has done research into the potential routes. I find it extraordinary that Sydney-Manchester is only 3000 passengers less than Sydney-Frankfurt yet Qantas has indicated their "project sunrise" routes (i.e non-stop east coast Australia to Europe) will only be Sydney to Heathrow,, Frankfurt and Paris and Melbourne-Heathrow, I just wonder what would persuade them to look away from the "major" airports? Surely they are not frightened that some passengers may forsake SYD-LHR as I would say that passengers from the Midlands/North East England may be more tempted onto this service? All I would say is never say never to non-stop routes from Manchester to Australia! https://www.anna.aero/2019/12/13/qantas-chooses-a350-for-project-sunrise-flights/

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:07 pm

David_itl wrote:
Shall we go into the realms of fantasy? Why not! We know that MAN has previously indicated that Perth would be one of the routes that they are hopeful for in the very long-term. On the back of Qantas' selection of the A350-1000 for any east coast Australia-Europe non-stop services, Anna Aero has done research into the potential routes. I find it extraordinary that Sydney-Manchester is only 3000 passengers less than Sydney-Frankfurt yet Qantas has indicated their "project sunrise" routes (i.e non-stop east coast Australia to Europe) will only be Sydney to Heathrow,, Frankfurt and Paris and Melbourne-Heathrow, I just wonder what would persuade them to look away from the "major" airports? Surely they are not frightened that some passengers may forsake SYD-LHR as I would say that passengers from the Midlands/North East England may be more tempted onto this service? All I would say is never say never to non-stop routes from Manchester to Australia! https://www.anna.aero/2019/12/13/qantas-chooses-a350-for-project-sunrise-flights/

Interesting stats and thanks for sharing!

My view is that the only worthwhile sunrise flights to Europe will be SYD/MEL - LHR. I am not convinced that BNE will be a success, or that the existing LHR-PER will not suffer in an environment where non-stop SYD/MEL - LHR services are operating.

It will be interesting to see how the kangaroo market continues to develop from MAN as new options continue to emerge - such as TG, perhaps VS and others in the future.

Scottiedog

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:20 am

This is my final planned MANTP Update before the Christmas/New Year break. As always I am indebted to the MANTP Team for supplying the weekly update, without their help the information I post would have been far leaner - if only I hear some say!!

Finally can I wish everybody a very happy Christmas. May it bring not only happiness but also peace and tranquility to this troubled world.

TheWorm123

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:27 am

According to Jethros, Jet2 will have 2 HiFly A321’s based at Manchester for the summer 2020 season.

Also 2 more AirTanker A330s for the summer season, G-VYGM will be coming back joined by newcomer G-VGYK (former TCX lease). G-VYGL is due to stay for another 5 years.

I’m assuming these will complement the newly acquired A321s which were brought in house from TCX, they’ve also been hiring A321 pilots (presumably bringing in the former TCX pilots who flew the exact same A321s they've bought) as 757 replacements.

Any clue what will happen to the 757 rated pilots based at Manchester once the 757’s have gone? I assume they’ll go to the 737 fleet.
B752 B753 A332 A321 B738

JRPLANES

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:46 am

According to Jethros Jet2 will also be leasing a 737 from Air Europa as well as an a321 from Smartlynx (again based in Birmingham).

SQ22

Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:24 am

Please continue your discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437883

Thread will be locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos