tkoenig95

Re: Austin Texas Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Planes4you wrote:
I seriously don’t understand why there’s so much hype around AUS aside from Norwegian and condor they probably won’t be getting any new airline before dfw or IAH

You do understand the European carrier presence at AUS, right?
BA is daily year-round
LH will be 5x weekly year-round, knocking out Condor.
Norwegian is 3x weekly on a seasonal basis
Hype exists around, not only AUS, but also most mid-size cities like Austin all over the globe.

malev2012

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:57 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
I seriously don’t understand why there’s so much hype around AUS aside from Norwegian and condor they probably won’t be getting any new airline before dfw or IAH

BA is daily year-round
Hype exists around, not only AUS, but also most mid-size cities like Austin all over the globe.

Few people outside of Austin realize the disposable income here that people are willing to pay more to skip connecting in DFW/IAH. While the SAT metro is larger, AUS has far more air service demand. With more high paying jobs locating in Austin I only expect demand to continue to rise.
Airlines flown: AA, AB, AC, AY, BA, CO, DL, DY, EW, F9, G4, IB, KL, LH, LX, NK, NW, NZ, OS, QF, SN, TP, UA, US, VA, VC, WN, XE

Planes4you

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:58 pm

I never said there wasn’t hype at mid sized cities but I’ve seen a lot of people getting ahead of themselves when talking about what’s the next international route AUS should get

Western727

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:24 pm

malev2012 wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

Few people outside of Austin realize the disposable income here that people are willing to pay more to skip connecting in DFW/IAH. While the SAT metro is larger, AUS has far more air service demand. With more high paying jobs locating in Austin I only expect demand to continue to rise.

What malev2012 said. It's easy for outsiders to dismiss Austin given its size, but it's certainly a market to be reckoned with. Its breakneck growth shows no sign of subsiding anytime soon, what with the new Apple campus and the 5k employees that will be employed (and I'm not talking about the trickle-down jobs that will be generated as a result, either).
Jack @ AUS

khowaga

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Planes4you wrote:
I never said there wasn’t hype at mid sized cities but I’ve seen a lot of people getting ahead of themselves when talking about what’s the next international route AUS should get

To be fair, the possibility of AUS-GRU was mentioned in an article about the AA/LATAM joint-venture application (others were MIA-CNF, MIA-REC, and SJC-GRU)...although I also find this to be a bit of a startling suggestion.

The last time I saw numbers for AUS-Latin America they were pretty small. Look how long it’s taken to get a direct flight from AUS-MEX to stick around for more than a few months, and even that isn’t currently operating every day. Unless there’s been some sort of massive uptick in Brazil-bound traffic, it’s hard to see where the implied demand for a direct service from AUS to deep South America is coming from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

freerover

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:43 am

-Remaining new east extension gates now expected to open in June

-ABIA in research and evaluation stage for electric autonomous shuttles to take people from CONRAC to terminal

-DEMO of old airforce buildings in 2019: Buildings 3240, $231, 8225, 8035 and all 6 temporary construction trailers at the end of Emma Browning at the ADA fence.

-New Consolidated Maintenance Facility has a recommended contractor that will go to city council for approval. Hopeful for summer start

-The new Parking Garage will be substantially complete with levels 1 through 5 and available for use by April 5. Installation of the steel canopy supports will continue on the top level for several more months before the solar panels are installed by Austin Energy. All other parts of the project are to be complete by the end of 2019 including the new Admin building, New North Exit Toll Plaza, Economy Lots Renovation and the New Employment Center.

rajincajun01

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:54 am

tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

Ignore him. He has a rep for trying to troll and not knowing facts.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore

Planes4you

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:59 pm

rajincajun01 wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

And what facts support that AUS is capable of getting a lot more airlines?Because I’ve seen a lot of people saying AUS is capable of having service to Brussels,HEL,and ZRH…

Planes4you

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:02 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

I never said there wasn’t hype around airports, but the hype around Austin is nothing compared to other airports

william

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Planes4you wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

I never said there wasn’t hype around airports, but the hype around Austin is nothing compared to other airports

At last check, 150 people a day move to the Austin area. That's a lot of new customers and airlines are in the business of moving customers.

william

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Planes4you wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

At last check, 150 people a day move to the Austin area. That's a lot of new customers and airlines are in the business of moving customers.

freerover

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Planes4you wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

Who gives a fuck about comparing to other airports? Why is this a dick measuring contest? There is momentum at AUS and we'll see more tangible developments after the new gates go online in June.

Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Planes4you wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

BA is daily year-round

In the last 5 years or so, Austin has gone from an airport with nothing more than the token beach destinations in Mexico to an airport with 2 European flag carriers and a low-cost seasonal European carrier.

Austin's economy is absolutely ripe for growth, and over the last 10 years it has grown to a sufficient size that discussing what other possibilities are out there makes sense. To be sure, both Dallas and Houston will continue to get their global carriers, as well they should. Their economies are both doing really well, too. Much of this round of momentum about Austin has been a result of some long-standing credible, yet unsubstantiated rumors that DL has bigger plans for AUS. It's easy to piggyback off of those and say that IF that happens, it could open other doors for things like connecting feed, thereby making other routes potentially viable.

I'd be shocked to see any Latin America routes out of Austin. That article read like they're throwing a dart at a board of routes that aren't served by either LATAM or AA and picking some that sound good. Yields to Brazil (and the rest of Latin America) are trash, and Austin is a fairly low-volume, high-yield market.

I continue to believe a low-density 787 to Tokyo or Seoul would be potentially lucrative. There is plenty of paid-J demand from the tech market, plenty of cargo moving back and forth, not only to NE Asia but also connecting options to/from the Subcontinent, and enough people moving back and forth for business that it could work.

It appears that BA has been able to make AUS work without poaching seats from their DFW and IAH flights, I could see KE, OZ, JL, or NH trying something similar. Granted, it's a longer flight and the margins are therefore thinner, so I also understand why they would be reticent to try it.
Cheers,
Cameron

rajincajun01

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Planes4you wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
BA is daily year-round

And what facts support that AUS is capable of getting a lot more airlines?Because I’ve seen a lot of people saying AUS is capable of having service to Brussels,HEL,and ZRH…

Show these posts that say those specific locations.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B1900 B717 B727 B737 B757 B767 B777 B787 CR2 CR7 CRJ9 E120 ERJ135 ERJ145 L1011 MD80 SF340 AvGeek Superstore

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 am

Planes4you wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
BA is daily year-round

So now you are showing your self-consciousness and factually-absent, emotional posts on an AUS thread just like you did on a recent IAH thread? You really seem very jealous of air service at any other Texas airport. Why don’t you just stick to posting your pipe dreams on DFW threads and let the adults speak on other threads. Sincerely, everyone.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:15 am

rajincajun01 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:

Exactly! He can’t because nobody ever said those things. He has a fear of facts.

Planes4you

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:30 am

Pbb152 wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

Exactly! He can’t because nobody ever said those things. He has a fear of facts.

Or maybe because I don’t feel like wasting my time on something that was said months ago

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:33 am

Planes4you wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
rajincajun01 wrote:

Or maybe because I don’t feel like wasting my time on something that was said months ago

I’m sure you have plenty of time. Go find them. We will wait.

Ishrion

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 am

Pbb152 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:

There’s no need to continuously attack him over his incorrect information. If you don’t think he’s valid without a trustworthy source, ignore him like the guy said above. At this point you’ve gone through around 3 threads to specifically call him out. That’s not necessary.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:43 am

Ishrion wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:

There’s no need to continuously attack him over his incorrect information. If you don’t think he’s valid without a trustworthy source, ignore him like the guy said above. At this point you’ve gone through around 3 threads to specifically call him out. That’s not necessary.

Thanks forum police. I’ll continue to call him out because he posts incorrect garbage every time he speaks. Him being 15 and dyslexic doesn’t excuse his ridiculous and inaccurate posts.

Ishrion

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:46 am

Pbb152 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:

Thanks forum police. I’ll continue to call him out because he posts incorrect garbage every time he speaks. Go cry to the moderators.

I’m not telling you what to do, I’m recommending that you should stop. I understand your anger towards his statements. However, I’m sure many would say your toxicity against someone is worse than the “incorrect garbage” he is saying.

So, up to you. Keep insulting people if it satisfies your lust.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:01 am

Ishrion wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Thanks forum police. I’ll continue to call him out because he posts incorrect garbage every time he speaks. Go cry to the moderators.

I’m not telling you what to do, I’m recommending that you should stop. I understand your anger towards his statements. However, I’m sure many would say your toxicity against someone is worse than the “incorrect garbage” he is saying.

My initial post that you referenced in this thread was in no way toxic. It was me telling him to provide evidence that “a lot of people” had stated that AUS could support flights to BRU, HEL, and ZRH. He made the statement. He was asked to present evidence. But he can’t because people have not said that. He therefore deserves to be called out for spreading inaccurate information to further his agenda. Period.

tkoenig95

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Anymore news when the north apron of the expansion will be ready and the entire concourse will be in use?

Planes4you

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:

My initial post that you referenced in this thread was in no way toxic. It was me telling him to provide evidence that “a lot of people” had stated that AUS could support flights to BRU, HEL, and ZRH. He made the statement. He was asked to present evidence. But he can’t because people have not said that. He therefore deserves to be called out for spreading inaccurate information to further his agenda. Period.

If you look at the ANA 2020 expansion thread you’ll see that someone said AUS…Now as for the other stuff it’ll take awhile to find

mfe777

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:20 pm

I've seen some of the same outlandish statements by AUS fans, crazy international destinations, one suggested AUS-Vietnam. I've also been told "oh those didn't exist" or "oh those were just a joke" or "oh go find the exact thread and post." I don't think Planesforyou is too off base. I believe that he saw them because I've seen some of the same stuff. I've also seen him been called out for leaking info. He obviously has a source. He told us Air France was announcing a DFW resumption right before it happened, and told us China Southern was partnering with AA and shopping vendors or something at DFW for an eventual flight. He's got to know someone connected to airline services or something, and can be a valuable source of info.

I'm probably about to be flamed, whatever, but it's true. AUS has done more than many other cities its size, gathering London and Frankfurt routes. But some of the.... enthusiasm.... of the local posters on predicted destinations gets out of hand.

Fargo

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:53 pm

mfe777 wrote:
I've seen some of the same outlandish statements by AUS fans, crazy international destinations, one suggested AUS-Vietnam. I've also been told "oh those didn't exist" or "oh those were just a joke" or "oh go find the exact thread and post." I don't think Planesforyou is too off base. I believe that he saw them because I've seen some of the same stuff. I've also seen him been called out for leaking info. He obviously has a source. He told us Air France was announcing a DFW resumption right before it happened, and told us China Southern was partnering with AA and shopping vendors or something at DFW for an eventual flight. He's got to know someone connected to airline services or something, and can be a valuable source of info.

I'm probably about to be flamed, whatever, but it's true. AUS has done more than many other cities its size, gathering London and Frankfurt routes. But some of the.... enthusiasm.... of the local posters on predicted destinations gets out of hand.

Not to be rude, but if you are going to make these accusations, provide some proof please.

Yes, there has been fanboying about AUS, but it's not much different than elsewhere. I've seen far more outragous things on this forum than some of these AUS fanboy suggestions, like IND getting a nonstop to Tokyo by the end of 2018, RDU being able to get a nonstop to India and AF starting MSY-CDG, just to name a few.

The reasonable AUS fans know the airport won't match DFW/IAH in connectivity. However, it is not unreasonable to think AUS will see additional European service (i.e, CDG, AMS) and, down the road, a TPAC flight.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

If you look at the ANA 2020 expansion thread you’ll see that someone said AUS…Now as for the other stuff it’ll take awhile to find

Give it up kid! Stop making a fool of yourself. That is an ANA thread. You said “a lot of people” said AUS could support service to BRU, HEL and ZRH. Prove what you said. You can’t and you won’t.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:13 pm

mfe777 wrote:

Pffft, you are just as bad as him. Do you want me to go back to your history and pull your outlandish statements about DFW? Let me know. I’ll be happy to.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Pffft, you are just as bad as him. Do you want me to go back to your history and pull your outlandish statements about DFW? Let me know. I’ll be happy to.

mfe777 wrote:
atx11 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

AA barely has USA-Canada cross-border service from DFW (YVR is year-round mainline; YYZ is year-round mainline/regional split; YUL is mainline/seasonal seasonal; YYC is year-round regional). I seem to recall non-stop DFW-YEG service a few years ago (my ex flew from YEG to PIT via DFW a few years ago), but AA's lone service from YEG now is to PHX.

And that's on top of AC Express to YUL, YYZ and YVR from DFW. Unless WS knows something that we don't, I have my doubts that they'd return to DFW anytime soon, especially with their new JV with DL.

Just wanted to toss in that I believe YUL is year-round. I think I've taken it almost every month on AA, and it was on the E175, not mainline. The flight times are absolutely terrible, but it is what it is. You were right on YEG and they pulled it a few years back. That said, my YVR flights, YYZ flights, and YUL flights have always been fairly full. Obviously small data point though.

As for the Helsinki reference above...supposedly AA was considering MUC, DUB, and interestingly enough HEL last year before moving forward with just MUC and DUB. I think there is a likelihood that HEL is added as a seasonal route at some point on AA metal.

Ughhh.... hopefully on Finnair metal instead. Maybe AA doesn't realize how people don't like being forced to fly AA metal for nearly every intercontinental flight. Bring in Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and maybe one day Aer Lingus, China Southern, and RAM!

Hello pipe dreams. Let me introduce you to reality. You really have Dallas ambitions, but the real world is calling and DFW can’t answer the call. It’s cute that you have unrealistic ambitions though.

atx11

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

mfe777 wrote:
atx11 wrote:

Just wanted to toss in that I believe YUL is year-round. I think I've taken it almost every month on AA, and it was on the E175, not mainline. The flight times are absolutely terrible, but it is what it is. You were right on YEG and they pulled it a few years back. That said, my YVR flights, YYZ flights, and YUL flights have always been fairly full. Obviously small data point though.

As for the Helsinki reference above...supposedly AA was considering MUC, DUB, and interestingly enough HEL last year before moving forward with just MUC and DUB. I think there is a likelihood that HEL is added as a seasonal route at some point on AA metal.

Ughhh.... hopefully on Finnair metal instead. Maybe AA doesn't realize how people don't like being forced to fly AA metal for nearly every intercontinental flight. Bring in Finnair, Iberia, LATAM, and maybe one day Aer Lingus, China Southern, and RAM!

Hello pipe dreams. Let me introduce you to reality. You really have Dallas ambitions, but the real world is calling and DFW can’t answer the call. It’s cute that you have unrealistic ambitions though.

Ummm what exactly is a pipe dream? That you get foreign carriers? AA is running Madrid, Dublin, Santiago, and Buenos Aries. HEL was talked about being added on AA metal. You can believe me or not, I don’t care. Not sure if your post was directed at me or not...

The only questionable ones he mentioned are Guangzhou and Morocco. Anytime the alliance expands, DFW will get thrown into the conversation because you’re talking about the largest hub of the largest OneWorld carrier. Do I think they’ll add Morocco from DFW? No. Guangzhou? Yes. DFW-HKG has done ok and tapping into CZ’s route network from DFW would open up a lot of options for customers both coming and going. This will especially be the case if Cathay leaves OW at some point. They already fly PEK and PVG without any alliance support, and adding CAN is in the cards at some point. The only debate will be whether it will be on AA metal (most likely the case).

That said, last I checked this is an AUS thread, so I’ll bow out.

LawnDart

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Don't make me turn around and smack you...

Would you kids please behave, so the rest of us can enjoy reading this (or any) thread? Seriously, the thing I dislike most about Airliners.net forums is the immature, childish back and forth between some people.

mfe777

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

mfe777 wrote:
atx11 wrote:

LOL cute! All of the ones I stated are distinct possibilities, Oneworld hubs being connected to DFW. And that was in a DFW thread, not here! These are not "pipe dreams." Austin to Vietnam nonstop is a pipe dream. Austin could certainly get one or two more European destinations in the next 10 years, maybe even one Asian destination. DFW can't answer the call? It is connected to cities across the world. Please take all the seats and stop turning this into a DFW thread and stop attacking a 15 year old (planesforyou). It's really not a good look on you.

Back to the topic at hand, who did that reporter get the "AUS-GRU" rumor from. That sounds odd considering the demand would have to all be Austin origin or destination. Does anyone have numbers on Austin to South America O&D? I wouldn't think they are high enough to fill a widebody multiple times per week.

Pbb152

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:36 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:
Pbb152 wrote:

mfe777 wrote:

LOL cute! All of the ones I stated are distinct possibilities, Oneworld hubs being connected to DFW. And that was in a DFW thread, not here! These are not "pipe dreams." Austin to Vietnam nonstop is a pipe dream. Austin could certainly get one or two more European destinations in the next 10 years, maybe even one Asian destination. DFW can't answer the call? It is connected to cities across the world. Please take all the seats and stop turning this into a DFW thread and stop attacking a 15 year old (planesforyou). It's really not a good look on you.

Back to the topic at hand, who did that reporter get the "AUS-GRU" rumor from. That sounds odd considering the demand would have to all be Austin origin or destination. Does anyone have numbers on Austin to South America O&D? I wouldn't think they are high enough to fill a widebody multiple times per week.

Oh, I will keep calling out a 15 year old who repeatedly spreads misinformation. He is the one who decided to participate, and his age does not mean he is immune to getting called out for perpetuating false info. But it’s cute that you are acting as his pseudo bodyguard on a.net. Great karma for you jacko.

Fargo

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 pm

mfe777 wrote:

Once again, no reasonable person ever suggested AUS-Vietnam. That particular comment was a sarcastic remark, as have (the few) other comments there have been about AUS getting certain far flung destinations. These comments stem from some deep animosity that certain users developed towards AUS as a result of the ongoing DL focus city/hub rumors.

To your last point, no, I honestly have no idea where that reporter got the AUS-GRU rumor from. Why on earth would they go to AUS when they have a humongous AA megahub 200 miles to the north with tons of feed? AUS doesn't have a lot of O&D to South America.

mfe777

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Fargo wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Once again, no reasonable person ever suggested AUS-Vietnam. That particular comment was a sarcastic remark, as have (the few) other comments there have been about AUS getting certain far flung destinations. These comments stem from some deep animosity that certain users developed towards AUS as a result of the ongoing DL focus city/hub rumors.

To your last point, no, I honestly have no idea where that reporter got the AUS-GRU rumor from. Why on earth would they go to AUS when they have a humongous AA megahub 200 miles to the north with tons of feed? AUS doesn't have a lot of O&D to South America.

And again, there were multiple comments about Vietnam. One was sarcastic, one was not. I believe the person who wrote the AUS-SGN comment on A380 deleted it later after people called him out. But I specifically remember it, specifically remember telling others about it, and it was not sarcastic. In the AUS 2018 and AUS Lufthansa threads, people suggest EK should the A380, BA upgauging to A380, Alitalia starting AUS-Italy, Korean and Japanese airlines adding AUS, multiple others. Planes4you did not make an outlandish statement when he said AUS boosters talk about a lot of airline routes that have zero commercial viability. We're discussing one right now, AUS-GIG, which would be a sight to see with a LATAM widebody departing AUS with 20 or 30 passengers per flight to South America if they were lucky. Talk about passenger comfort. But moving on......

LAX772LR

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:11 pm

pdxav8r wrote:
Seems a pretty large reach. With DFW next door? How many flights does AA have between their hub in DFW, and São Paulo? AUS? Don’t see it. And if a huge hub like SFO can’t make São Paulo work, have a very hard time seeing SJC even being mentioned with a straight face.

Was thinking pretty much the same.

Even CM has yet to take a chance on AUS, and it's the least risky foreign bridge between the Americas. It's probably coming, and I'd guess long before a nonstop to Brazil... but then again, stranger things have happened.

That said, I don't think there's a chance in hell of SJC-GRU becoming a thing.
LAX can only sustain a single flight, not even daily, and SFO can't sustain any. No way that's happening-- and surviving.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Ishrion

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Fargo wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Right here in the application: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... -0054-0001

In the JBA between American and LATAM, the Parties expect to see a similar increase in feasibility of new routes to smaller markets in both the UnitedStates (for example, São Paulo to Austin and San Jose) and South America (for example, Miami to Recife and Belo Horizonte).

Fargo

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:35 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

And again, there were multiple comments about Vietnam. One was sarcastic, one was not. I believe the person who wrote the AUS-SGN comment on A380 deleted it later after people called him out. But I specifically remember it, specifically remember telling others about it, and it was not sarcastic. In the AUS 2018 and AUS Lufthansa threads, people suggest EK should the A380, BA upgauging to A380, Alitalia starting AUS-Italy, Korean and Japanese airlines adding AUS, multiple others. Planes4you did not make an outlandish statement when he said AUS boosters talk about a lot of airline routes that have zero commercial viability. We're discussing one right now, AUS-GIG, which would be a sight to see with a LATAM widebody departing AUS with 20 or 30 passengers per flight to South America if they were lucky. Talk about passenger comfort. But moving on......

Looking back at those threads, I see not much out of the ordinary that doesn't exist on other threads with their fanboys. I saw that other Vietnam comment, and I'm pretty sure it was sarcastic because notice later that same user posted this comment.

colindm wrote:
I hate to say it but I think that TPAC service is unlikely in the near future unless something big happens (eg. Amazon HQ2 in Austin or a Delta focus city/hub).

But I think that Austin does have an advantage over RDU and BNA as Austin is a fast growing city with a growing finance and technology industry. And SXSW/F1 provide airlines to dip their toes in the water and test the water.

Although maybe that's just me being overly-optomistic.

So they admit themselves TPAC service is unlikely.

Furthermore, you posted this (unsubstantiated) comment on last year's thread in response to a question about Austin landing Amazon HQ2.

mfe777 wrote:
It won't. It doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the growth, nor the talent pool needed. Just more of the Austin hype machine at work. Austin as a whole has about 30,000 tech workers, compared to 140,000+ in the Dallas/Fort Worth area as a comparison. But nobody hypes up DFW as a tech center like Austin... despite being one of the top few technology centers in the country and the freakin' microchip having been invented in Dallas at Texas Instruments in 1959. Amazon HQ2 will also need a large amount of general business management types, logistics experts, and retail industry experts, all of which the DFW has in droves. Combine that with the ever globally linked DFW International airport, and being within 3-4 hours of all of North America by air, and the answer is in front of everyone but nobody is talking about it.

Anyway, back to aviation, I'm very curious to see which of the European routes in Austin is cut first. BA is upgauging to compete with DY which will likely trash yields, causing the BA service to be at risk. DY as a company could be not long for this world. And Condor's 3x/week summer only service to Frankfurt is really just a little blip in the grand scheme of things. The idea of Austin getting nonstop service to Asia is quite ludicrous. If anyone does try it, I could only imagine a Chinese carrier that doesn't have to consider making any sort of a profit due to being government run, or one of the middle eastern carriers that might have a similar setup.

But ask anyone in Austin and they fully believe multiple A380s will be landing every hour from every point in the globe.... because they are so important. Hilarious!

I don't even know how to respond to this. What carrier gets cut first? This is coming from someone who's favorite airport can't even make AF/KL work (it remains to be seen whether AF will make this go around successful, but since SkyTeam has historically had difficulty in DFW, I'm not holding my breath). We get you like DFW, but the above comment is pretty ludicrous. There are far worse fanboy comments on this thread than what has been said about AUS.

Like I've said before, no reasonable person is under any delusions that AUS is going to match the connectivity of DFW and IAH, but it will (soon) be a strong third international airport with a decent amount of long haul service in its own right. My above comment not withstanding, I like DFW a lot (I think it's only scratching the surface of it's potential), but please stop trashing other Texas airports. This is an exciting time for Texas aviation, let's enjoy it.

YYZORD

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:32 am

I think YVR is a major airport missing from AUS direct flight network, they offer the most flights to asia in north america!

masonh2479

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 am

YYZORD wrote:
I think YVR is a major airport missing from AUS direct flight network, they offer the most flights to asia in north america!

I agree, the route would be totally viable on an Air Canada RJ. Starting out with a CRJ705 or E175 like AUS-YYZ did.

WestJet May even try to grab YVR a couple times weekly, I would if liked WestJet added YVR instead of YYC but YYC is their main base so the add does make sense. Even if we don’t get Asian service for the foreseeable future connecting through YVR would be welcome as another option besides LAX and SEA.

malev2012

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:35 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

I agree, the route would be totally viable on an Air Canada RJ. Starting out with a CRJ705 or E175 like AUS-YYZ did.

WestJet May even try to grab YVR a couple times weekly, I would if liked WestJet added YVR instead of YYC but YYC is their main base so the add does make sense. Even if we don’t get Asian service for the foreseeable future connecting through YVR would be welcome as another option besides LAX and SEA.

I think AC will continue to mature YYZ, and WS YYC for a few years before we see YVR.
Airlines flown: AA, AB, AC, AY, BA, CO, DL, DY, EW, F9, G4, IB, KL, LH, LX, NK, NW, NZ, OS, QF, SN, TP, UA, US, VA, VC, WN, XE

khowaga

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:25 pm

When the port did an estimate for international service a few years back, there were already enough PDEW to justify daily E190 service from AUS-YVR. Tbqh I’m surprised we got Calgary first, even if it’s just 2x weekly.

As for AUS-GRU, every reasonably sane person has done the Scooby-Doo “arooo?” head tilt at that one. Let’s all remember it came from a journalist writing about the LATAM/AA joint venture application and not from anyone here.

It was never seriously suggested that AUS-SGN was going to happen. A new user posed the question about AUS-SGN because he thought there was a large VFR community here (he didn’t even realize that there’s no current direct service between the US and Vietnam at all), and there were a bunch of sarcastic responses that the route would be operated multiple times daily on the A380.

Malayil

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:56 pm

malev2012 wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

I think AC will continue to mature YYZ, and WS YYC for a few years before we see YVR.

Is the AC service to YYZ seasonal or daily?

malev2012

Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Malayil wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

Daily and 2x daily seasonal service

Malayil

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm

malev2012 wrote:
Malayil wrote:
malev2012 wrote:

Interesting. Wikipedia is claiming the AC service to YYZ is seasonal.

jplatts

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:24 pm

CMH and MKE are two of the top destinations traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop from AUS on any airline, and WN could add nonstop service to both CMH and MKE from AUS.

Pbb152

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm

jplatts wrote:
CMH and MKE are two of the top destinations traveled to from AUS that aren't currently served nonstop from AUS on any airline, and WN could add nonstop service to both CMH and MKE from AUS.

Could WN add nonstop service to CMH and MKE from AUS? Tell us why Rain Man.

jplatts

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Pbb152 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Could WN add nonstop service to CMH and MKE from AUS? Tell us why Rain Man.

Here are the PDEW's for AUS-CMH and AUS-MKE in Q3 2018:
AUS-CMH - 114 passengers per day
AUS-MKE - 105 passengers per day

There is probably enough demand for WN to add AUS-CMH and AUS-MKE nonstop service on at least a seasonal basis with F9 discontinuing AUS-CMH and AUS-MKE nonstop service and with G4 discontinuing AUS-LCK nonstop service.

malev2012

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Malayil wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
Malayil wrote:

Interesting. Wikipedia is claiming the AC service to YYZ is seasonal.

I think that is because mainline service vs jazz aviation service is seasonal and that is the distinction they are making. So in the summer its Jazz operating as AC 2x daily. Rest of the year its 1x on AC mainline.

khowaga

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Jazz doesn’t operate AUS-YYZ; E-jets are operated by Air Canada mainline.

The flight is going from 1x daily E-190 to 2x E-175 for the summer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos