Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jplatts

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:49 pm

WN had also said in Thursday's earning call that its top market priorities are Hawaii, DEN, BWI, and HOU.

WN also has its next schedule extension tomorrow, which extends its flight schedule to June 6th. I expect WN to announce a few new nonstop routes out of DEN and HOU in tomorrow's schedule extension as both DEN and HOU are top market priorities for WN.

LotsaRunway

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:22 pm

jplatts wrote:
WN had also said in Thursday's earning call that its top market priorities are Hawaii, DEN, BWI, and HOU.

WN also has its next schedule extension tomorrow, which extends its flight schedule to June 6th. I expect WN to announce a few new nonstop routes out of DEN and HOU in tomorrow's schedule extension as both DEN and HOU are top market priorities for WN.

5 new gates at BWI are scheduled to open in the spring. Maybe they plan to add something there?

jplatts

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 am

LotsaRunway wrote:
5 new gates at BWI are scheduled to open in the spring. Maybe they plan to add something there?

While WN already has nonstop service out of BWI to most of its domestic destinations, WN could add nonstop service to ELP, OMA, ONT, RNO, SFO, TUS, and TUL out of BWI and extend BWI-PDX from seasonal to year-round.

WN adding BWI-BZE and BWI-PVR nonstop service are also possibilities with BWI being one of the major international gateways for WN.

czek6

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:50 am

LotsaRunway wrote:
jplatts wrote:

BWI is adding five gates to the A concourse, but when these new gates open Southwest will close five gates to finally fix their overloaded baggage system. It will be a while before Southwest will see the benefit of the new capacity from the five gates.

LotsaRunway

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:17 pm

czek6 wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
jplatts wrote:

BWI is adding five gates to the A concourse, but when these new gates open Southwest will close five gates to finally fix their overloaded baggage system. It will be a while before Southwest will see the benefit of the new capacity from the five gates.

What gates do they need to close that helps the baggage problem? I was assuming that they might move their C gate operation back to the new A gates, but it sounds like that is not in the near term plans.

Jshank83

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Do we know where WN is getting the extra slot for a 4th daily STL-LGA starting in April? or did they take a flight off somewhere else?

Jshank83

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Also I see SAN-Hawaii starting April.

jplatts

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Do we know where WN is getting the extra slot for a 4th daily STL-LGA starting in April? or did they take a flight off somewhere else?

WN is going to be dropping LGA-MCI from 2 daily nonstops down to 1 daily nonstop starting on April 14th.

jplatts

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:34 pm

heretothere

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
jplatts wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

WN is going to be dropping LGA-MCI from 2 daily nonstops down to 1 daily nonstop starting on April 14th.

Also LGA-MKE is ending, and those two slots are moved to MDW.

WN732

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:03 pm

jplatts wrote:

That's what I am talking about. Sounds like they have a firm timeframe for the MAX return and are feeling confident about expansion. This is great news. I knew WN wouldn't keep SAN out of the game for long.

AirFiero

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:30 pm

jplatts wrote:

Ok SANFan, you can breath now ;)

SANFan

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:51 pm

AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Hehe, yup! Just got online and saw this news. I hope it will happen as planned!

It seems that AS might have anticipated (or more?) that this timing might happen with their already-announced increases in their HA service from SAN.

Thanks for the shout-out, 'Fiero.

bb

wnflyguy

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm

SANFan wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

It seems that AS might have anticipated (or more?) that this timing might happen with their already-announced increases in their HA service from SAN.

bb

Looking at The Bookings it's Scheduled for a 7378NG not a MAX8. Seems to be Capped at 150 seats.
I'm gonna guess with AS recently announced Reshuffle and build up of SAN Hawaii flying. WN no longer could hold on waiting for MAX return.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

SANFan

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:37 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Looking at The Bookings it [SAN] is scheduled for a 7378NG not a MAX8. Seems to be Capped at 150 seats.
I'm gonna guess with AS recently announced Reshuffle and build up of SAN Hawaii flying. WN no longer could hold on waiting for MAX return.

Flyguy

Ahhhhh... That is very interesting to hear. That actually impresses me more that just the announcing of the service, and something I've been hoping to see -- WN acting serious about serving HI from SAN and figuring out a way to make it happen!

Seems like I'll have to wait and see how this all plays out.

bb

wnflyguy

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 pm

SANFan wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Looking at The Bookings it [SAN] is scheduled for a 7378NG not a MAX8. Seems to be Capped at 150 seats.

Flyguy

Ahhhhh... That is very interesting to hear. That actually impresses me more that just the announcing of the service, and something I've been hoping to see -- WN acting serious about serving HI from SAN and figuring out a way to make it happen!

bb

With it Capped at 150 has a few people thinking maybe it will eventually be replaced with the 737MAX7. It's been speculated that the MAX7 will all be ETOPS. But until certification can happen WN needs keep up with it's California Strong battle against AS. This way it can temporarily run the NG8Etops until if and when that day ever arrives.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

Silver1SWA

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:40 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
SANFan wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

bb

With it Capped at 150 has a few people thinking maybe it will eventually be replaced with the 737MAX7. It's been speculated that the MAX7 will all be ETOPS. But until certification can happen WN needs keep up with it's California Strong battle against AS. This way it can temporarily run the NG8Etops until if and when that day ever arrives.

Flyguy

I suggested perhaps SAN was left off the January expansion due to range limitations of WNs 738s, especially during the winter months so I figured we might see them launch sometime after winter so yeah, April fits. I don’t see the cap as an indication of what might operate it once MAX starts flying again. OAK-HNL was capped at 160 for the first few months.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

wnflyguy

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:14 pm

LGA upgrades to mostly 800 in the new schedule.
HAV has been downgraded to 4 Daily 700 vs 4 Daily 800 NOV-JUN.

Seems to be a completely reshuffled Schedule Vs 2018 schedule.
A lot of departures time shifts in this schedule.

A lot of Rumbling that COS will be the only next new city after CZM.

Flyguy

SWADawg

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:06 pm

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Please God yes. An online divert option for DEN please!
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

joeblow10

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:30 pm

SWADawg wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

If that’s true - will be interested to see what they run out of COS.... doubt they’d run COS-DEN but who knows. COS-PHX/LAS/MDW seem obvious

jplatts

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:21 pm

wnflyguy wrote:

There are a few contiguous U.S. markets already served by WN without nonstop service to DAL that have higher PDEW's to DFW/DAL than COS does such as CVG, BDL, ORF, and RIC.

Here are the 2018 Q4 PDEW's for CVG, BDL, ORF, RIC, and COS out of DFW/DAL:
DFW/DAL-CVG - 304
DFW/DAL-RIC - 173
DFW/DAL-ORF - 162
DFW/DAL-BDL - 159
DFW/DAL-COS - 121

While WN adding DAL-COS nonstop service might happen if WN enters the COS market since (a) WN is unlikely to add any connecting options to DAL out of COS that do not require significant backtracking, (b) WN adding DAL-COS would give passengers 1-stop connecting options to HOU and many other markets in the Southern U.S., and (c) COS-DFW has higher PDEW's than any other domestic route out of COS, WN is probably better off adding routes such as DAL-CVG, DAL-ORF, and DAL-BDL that have more demand from the DFW/DAL market than COS does.

COS probably will not be the very last U.S. destination that WN will ever serve as WN has previously said that WN is considering adding service to ANC. There are also some destinations in the U.S. other than COS and ANC that WN could add service to in the future such as GSO, FAT, TYS, SRQ, CHA, MSN, and SYR.

WN adding service to STT in the U.S. Virgin Islands is also a possibility, even though STT is located in a U.S. Caribbean territory.

WN might also possibly add service to DFW-area airports other than DAL in 2025 when WN can add service to DFW or other DFW-area airports without having to give up gates at DAL.

SANFan

Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:54 pm

COS is an interesting new subject of this topic and I'd like to add SAN to the hat of possible routes from The Springs.

There have been multiple attempts to get the COS-SAN market served -- I believe the latest was by F9 a couple of years ago -- so there seems to be some interest by the cx. I had thought (and hoped) AS would give it a try with an EMJ as a best-fit for the market. But then we've seen in several other cases, WN enters markets that AS is serving with EMJs, throws a daily 737 into the ring, and AS ends up axing the route; examples include ELP & OMA. (So far, WN stays.)

Anyway, if WN does start serving COS, I'd love to see a flight to SAN. (Maybe a connection between The Springs and Hawaii!)

bb

737max8

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:18 am

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

HAV has been a 737-700 for quite a while now...the 737-800ETOPS previously doing HAV are obviously needed for Hawaii and a subfleet of 700s are now equipped for the HAV mission.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388

knope2001

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:22 am

heretothere wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
jplatts wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Also LGA-MKE is ending, and those two slots are moved to MDW.

Boston was one thing, but losing LaGuardia is really ceding the broad-based business travel market. Sad as that may seem it probably acknowledges the reality that they are not equipped to compete with Delta in markets like these. When there's minimal connecting feed it's tough to offer competitive schedules versus regional jets.

The new schedule also reflects the reality that Southwest is strong in high-volume routes to the south and west. Though we lose LGA this spring at the same time we're getting a second Houston nonstop and a fourth Phoenix nonstop. HOU has never been 2x and MKE-PHX has only been 4x during the spring break peak. The other notable increase with this schedule is on weekends to Florida, peaking at 11x on Saturday. Comparing May to May, in 2019 they flew 141 nonstops to Florida but 2020 they have published 172 nonstops. They are also adding a third DCA flight on Saturday, going from 13/week last year to 15/week. in spite of losing LGA and BOS by virtue of the added HOU, PHX, weekend Florida and larger average seats per flight they look to be up about 4% over prior year's capacity in this period, assuming the MAX are back.

It seems that with recent adjustments Southwest is playing to their strengths, being the airline they actually are instead of the airline they -- or AirTran -- aspired to be here.

With WN leaving BOS and LGA there will be a whole lot fewer seats in 2020 than people who actually flew in 2019.

May 2019 MKE nonstop enplanements to LGA
13,767 passengers (82.2% of the 16764 nonstop seats)
Current May 2020 nonstop MKE-LGA seats: 10.716

May 2019 MKE nonstop enplanements to BOS
6,660 passengers (79.8% the 8349 nonstop seats)
Current May 2020 nonstop MKE-BOS seats: 4332

Certainly possible Delta could throw in another BOS trip or upgrade an LGA trip or two. But we didn't see that sort of upgage when Southwest dropped IND-LGA in favor of IND-EWR and then dumped that. So I'm not holding my breath -- we may simply find fewer passengers.

AirFiero

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 pm

SANFan wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

bb

NP, Mr. SAN. I knew you have been a bit upset at WN over this, but I was confident that there was no way WN would leave an important market like SAN out of the Hawaii plan. The aircraft type and seasonal weather timing seems to bear out the idea that SAN delay was all about the Max delay. Once the Max is back online, I expect WN to be all over SAN-Hawaii like ‘ugly on ape’.

wnflyguy

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:13 pm

SWADawg wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

That is one of the 2 main reasons for the possible addition of COS to the network.
It would help the WN system Operational recovery in incumbent weather cutting the alternative city to a 10 min diversion vs 1 hr.

Studies have shown WN Colorado market share keeps growing with the great economics in and 100 miles around DEN.
In particular South is DEN to even the extent of Durango seeing exploding growth.
COS is now being viewed as a possible asset to grow more market share vs as an negative by pulling market share from DEN.

I was explained think of COS as you would SNA to LAX. Both basically the same catchment area but both strong enough to support it's own passengers base.

If Rumblings are true WN would take over the 4.5 vacant gates on the Southside of the terminal that once belonged to Western Pacific airlines.

I could easily see the have 5 to 6 Daily RON.
And start With flights like
2 MDW, 2 HOU, 2 OAK, 3 LAS, 1 PHX.
1 LAX, 1 SAN , 1 BWI and 1 BNA.

Flyguy

flydulles

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't know why southwest does expand dulles?... it's needed

ibthebigd

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:51 pm

I would think FAT would come before COS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

barney captain

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm

Re the capping of SAN flights to Hawaii-

Most if not all of our westbound flights are capped until approximately 48 hours prior to departure, when forecast wind modeling can better gauge the actual payload. OAK is typically capped at 160, so capping SAN at 150 seems reasonable until we gain some route experience.

FYI, although we haven’t been through a winter yet, I have yet to experience any payload restrictions.
Southeast Of Disorder

bob75013

Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Interesting tidbit from the Barrons aricle talks about the return of WN's "106 MAXs. " That is the ony interesting thing in the article, but here's the link in case you want to read it anyway.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the-re ... yptr=yahoo

I presume 106 MAXs is the number that are expected to be on board by EOY 2020 -- over 14% of a 700 plane fleet (assumes no fleet growth).

The MAX grounding will start casuing WN real pain if it extends too far into 2020.

Midwestindy

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:09 pm

bob75013 wrote:
Interesting tidbit from the Barrons aricle talks about the return of WN's "106 MAXs. " That is the ony interesting thing in the article, but here's the link in case you want to read it anyway.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/the-re ... yptr=yahoo

I presume 106 MAXs is the number that are expected to be on board by EOY 2020 -- over 14% of a 700 plane fleet (assumes no fleet growth).

The MAX grounding will start casuing WN real pain if it extends too far into 2020.

It shouldn't really be any more of a pain then it is now, last late spring/early summer was probably much more difficult to handle.

They'll still see growth in yields, however, the main issue is B737-700 retirements which will lead to decreases in overall capacity at a time when they are expanding Hawaii flights which eat up tons of aircraft time.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

wnflyguy

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Just saw the news WN is pulling the MAX8 off the schedule until March 6, 2020.
Like every Schedule release they add all this new inventory with the MAX8 back in the schedule. Then seems like a week later start the cancellations and rebooking.
The MAX8 has been grounded long enough Maybe they should leave it off the schedule completely until it's UNgrounded.

Flyguy

WN732

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:37 am

Amazing that we could go an entire year without any new deliveries.

SteveXC500

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:40 am

wnflyguy wrote:
Just saw the news WN is pulling the MAX8 off the schedule until March 6, 2020.
Like every Schedule release they add all this new inventory with the MAX8 back in the schedule. Then seems like a week later start the cancellations and rebooking.
The MAX8 has been grounded long enough Maybe they should leave it off the schedule completely until it's UNgrounded.

Flyguy

Any chance they do that so as soon as it can be added, those routes are ready to put back? Just a dumb guess on my part, trying to speculate why they might schedule this way.

Vctony

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:32 am

WN732 wrote:
Amazing that we could go an entire year without any new deliveries.

They’re shrinking while everyone else is expanding.

KDAL

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:22 am

Three more have been put out to pasture in the last week.

N703SW ferried from ATL to VCV for storage pending sale.

N766SW & N761RR both ferried ATL-GWO for scrap.

I believe that makes nine aircraft retired YTD.

As a sidenote, it also appears as though all three aircraft that were in Victorville for pickle fork repairs have been repaired and returned. Granted one went directly to PAE for a scheduled heavy check.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.

Western727

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:15 pm

KDAL wrote:

As a sidenote, it also appears as though all three aircraft that were in Victorville for pickle fork repairs have been repaired and returned. Granted one went directly to PAE for a scheduled heavy check.

That seems a bit odd. Why not do that at the same time and shop as the heavy check, if you're gonna do the check anyway?
Jack @ AUS

KDAL

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 am

Western727 wrote:
KDAL wrote:

That seems a bit odd. Why not do that at the same time and shop as the heavy check, if you're gonna do the check anyway?

Boeing themselves are handling the pickle fork repairs, while ATS at PAE is the MRO contracted for the heavy check. I would assume that once Boeing finds the root cause for the pickle fork issue they will establish a repair and/or replacement procedure that can be taken on by MROs. Until then, we just have to deal with a few inefficiencies, unfortunately.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.

Western727

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:02 pm

KDAL wrote:
Western727 wrote:
KDAL wrote:

Boeing themselves are handling the pickle fork repairs, while ATS at PAE is the MRO contracted for the heavy check. I would assume that once Boeing finds the root cause for the pickle fork issue they will establish a repair and/or replacement procedure that can be taken on by MROs. Until then, we just have to deal with a few inefficiencies, unfortunately.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you, KDAL.
Jack @ AUS

LotsaRunway

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:09 pm

The Baltimore Business Journal interviewed Steve Goldberg of WN who expects a record number of flights at BWI next summer. In specific, they are anticipating that WN will have 248 daily flights during summer 2020, which is up from 220 the average of past summers. They seem to think that there will be several new cities since summer 2019 and 17 additional frequencies to existing cities. They cite the 5 new gates as being an enabler and there was no mention of if, or how, the baggage handling needs might affect gate availability and flight frequencies.

BNAMealer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
The Baltimore Business Journal interviewed Steve Goldberg of WN who expects a record number of flights at BWI next summer. In specific, they are anticipating that WN will have 248 daily flights during summer 2020, which is up from 220 the average of past summers. They seem to think that there will be several new cities since summer 2019 and 17 additional frequencies to existing cities. They cite the 5 new gates as being an enabler and there was no mention of if, or how, the baggage handling needs might affect gate availability and flight frequencies.

How many gates will WN have at BWI after the 5 gates come online?

LotsaRunway

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:

I think the count is 31, but someone might know better what is actually being used.

A-11
B-14
C-6
-------

wnflyguy

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:

37 gates.

Flyguy

LotsaRunway

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:

I think the count is 31, but someone might know better what is actually being used.

A-11
B-14
C-6
-------

This was my count for right now. Add 5 new gates I get 36. I think 37 includes a gate not being used. B2 maybe?

bob75013

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm

jplatts wrote:

It looks like WN is making good on it's committment to grow DEN.

"Confirmed: Southwest Airlines to add more than 1,000 jobs at DIA ...

Southwest, which is the second-largest passenger carrier at DIA, has requested that it receive all of the 16 new gates that DIA is currently adding to Concourse C.

“We’ve requested all 16 gates and we hope that we get all of those,” Van Eaton said.

The $75 million capital expenditure project is associated with the gate expansion. It will include expanding ticket areas, among other construction, Van Eaton said. It's not the only construction project Southwest is involved in at DIA.

Southwest announced in May at a shareholders meeting held in Denver that it planned to build a roughly $100 million hangar at DIA with space for three Boeing 737 planes inside and parking for eight more planes outside the hangar.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... yptr=yahoo

BNAMealer

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:05 pm

bob75013 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Southwest, which is the second-largest passenger carrier at DIA, has requested that it receive all of the 16 new gates that DIA is currently adding to Concourse C.

“We’ve requested all 16 gates and we hope that we get all of those,” Van Eaton said.

The $75 million capital expenditure project is associated with the gate expansion. It will include expanding ticket areas, among other construction, Van Eaton said. It's not the only construction project Southwest is involved in at DIA.

Southwest announced in May at a shareholders meeting held in Denver that it planned to build a roughly $100 million hangar at DIA with space for three Boeing 737 planes inside and parking for eight more planes outside the hangar.

It makes sense for WN to invest this kind of money in DEN considering it will be its largest station soon. I’m surprised BNA was even in the running for this expansion, considering BNA isn’t even a crew base yet.

maps4ltd

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:13 pm

bob75013 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Spirit might get 1. They're pretty heavy in DEN for two gates.
Delta Gold Medallion

caflyboy

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:46 pm

WN Route Changes November, 2019

Here are the amount of routes per station based on the latest schedule. They are group by region used in the Southwest ONE report.

Total Airports Served: 103
Airports Dropped: EWR

Routes changed -
Added:
ABQ-MCO
CUN-MSY
DEN-ORF
HNL-SAN
MCI-PNS
MCO-ABQ
MSY-CUN
OGG-SAN
ORF-DEN
PNS-MCI
SAN-HNL/OGG

Dropped:
AUS-EWR
BNA-EWR
BWI-EWR
DEN-EWR
EWR-AUS/BNA/BWI/DEN/MCO/MDW/PHX/STL
MCO-EWR
MDW-EWR/RNO
PHX-EWR
RNO-MDW
STL-EWR

Mexico/Caribbean/Central America: Total Stations - 15 Total Routes: 70
AUA: 3 - BWI, FLL, HOU
BZE: 3 - DEN, FLL, HOU
CUN: 16 - ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, CMH, DEN, FLL, HOU, IND, LAX, MDW, MKE, MSY, PIT, SAT, STL
CZM: 1 - HOU
GCM: 3 - BWI, FLL, HOU
HAV: 2 - FLL, TPA
LIR: 2 - BWI, HOU
MBJ: 6 - BWI, FLL, HOU, MCO, MDW,STL
NAS: 2 - BWI, FLL
PLS: 2 - BWI, FLL
PUJ: 6 - ATL, BWI, FLL, HOU, MDW, STL
PVR: 5 - DEN, HOU, LAX, OAK, SAN
SJD: 10 - BWI, DEN, HOU, LAX, MDW, OAK, SAN, SJC, SMF, SNA
SJO: 3 - BWI, FLL, HOU
SJU: 6 - BWI, FLL, HOU, MCO, MDW, TPA

West Coast and Hawaii : Total Stations - 18 Total Routes: 263
BUR: 13 - BNA, DAL, DEN HOUS, LAS, MDW, OAK, PDX, PHX, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF
GEG: 8 - BOI, DEN, LAS, OAK, PHX, SAN, SJC, SMF
HNL: 8 - ITO, KOA, LIH, OAK, OGG, SAN, SJC, SMF
ITO: 1 - HNL
KOA: 4 - HNL, OAK, OGG, SJC
LAX: 32 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, CUN, DAL, DEN, ELP, HOU, IND, LAS, MCI, MDW, MKE, MSY, OAK, OMA, PDX, PHX, PIT, PVR, RNO, SAT, SFO, SJC, SJD, SLC, SMF, STL, TPA, TUS
LIH: 3 - HNL, OAK, SJC
LGB: 5 - DEN, LAS, OAK, SJC, SMF
OAK: 38 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BOI, BUR, BWI, CMH, DAL, DEN, GEG, HNL, HOU, IND, KOA, LAS, LAX, LGB, LIH, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSP, MSY, OGG, ONT, PDX, PHX, PVR, RNO, SAN, SAT, SEA, SJD, SLC, SNA, STL, TUS
OGG: 6 - HNL, KOA, OAK, SAN,SJC, SMF
ONT: 10 - DAL, DEN, LAS, MDW,OAK, PDX, PHX, SFO, SJC, SMF
PDX: 14 - BUR, DAL, DEN, LAS, LAX, MCI, MDW, OAK, ONT, PHX, SAN, SJC, SMF, STL
SAN: 34 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BOI, BWI, DAL, DEN, ELP, GEG, HNL, HOU, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, OGG, OMA, PDX, PHX, PVR, RNO, SAT, SEA, SFO, SJC, SJD, SLC, SMF, STL, TPA, TUS
SEA: 11 - BWI, DAL, DEN, LAS, MDW, OAK, PHX, SAN, SJC, SMF, STL
SFO: 11 - AUS, BUR, DAL, DEN, LAS, LAX, MDW, ONT, PHX, SAN, STL
SJC: 32 - ABQ, AUS, BNA, BOI, BUR, BWI, DAL, DEN, ELP, GEG, HNL, HOU, KOA, LAS, LAX, LGB, LIH, MCO, MDW, MSY, OGG, ONT, PDX, PHX, RNO, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SNA, STL, TUS
SMF: 24 - AUS, BOI, BUR, BWI, DAL, DEN, GEG, HNL, HOU, LAS, LAX, LGB, MCO, MDW, OGG, ONT, PDX, PHX, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SNA, STL
SNA: 9 - DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS, OAK, PHX, SJC, SJD, SMF

Southwest (Desert/Mountains) : Total Stations - 8 Total Routes: 225
ABQ: 15 - AUS, BWI, DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS, LAX, MCI, MCO, MDW, OAK, PHX, SAN, SAT, SJC
BOI: 8 - DEN, GEG, LAS, OAK, PHX, SAN, SJC, SMF
DEN: 67 - ABQ, ALB, ATL, AUS, BDL, BNA, BOI, BOS, BUF, BUR, BWI, BZE, CHS, CLE, CMH, CUN, CVG, DAL, DSM, DTW, ELP, FLL, GEG, GRR, HOU, IAD, IND, JAX, LAS, LAX, LBB, LGA, LGB, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, ORF, PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PVR, RDU, RNO, RSW, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SFO, SJC, SJD, SLC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA, TUL, TUS
LAS: 54 - ABQ, AMA, ATL, AUS, BHM, BNA, BOI, BUF, BUR, BWI, CLE, CMH, DAL, DEN, DSM, DTW, ELP, FLL, GEG, HOU, ICT, IND, LAX, LBB, LGB, LIT, MAF, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, PDX, PHX, PIT, RDU, RNO, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA, TUL, TUS
PHX: 51 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BOI, BUF, BUR, BWI, CLE, CMH, CVG, DAL, DEN, DSM, DTW, ELP, FLL, GEG, HOU, ICT, IND, LAS, LAX, LIT, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, PDX, PHL, PIT, RDU, RNO, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA, TUL
RNO: 8 - DAL, DEN, LAS, LAX, OAK, PHX, SAN, SJC
SLC: 14 - BUR, BWI, DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS, LAX, MDW, OAK, PHX, SAN, SJC, SMF, STL
TUS : 8 - DEN, HOU, LAS, LAX, MDW, OAK, SAN, SJC

South Central : Total Stations - 16 Total Routes: 268
AMA: 3 - DAL, HOU, LAS
AUS: 31 - ABQ, ATL, BNA, BOS, BWI, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, ECP, ELP, FLL, HOU, HRL, IND, LAS, LAX, LBB, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, PHX, RDU, SAN, SFO, SJC, SMF, STL, TPA
CRP: 2 - DAL, HOU
DAL: 61 - ABQ, AMA, ATL, AUS, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUR, BWI, CHS, CLE, CLT, CMH, CRP, DCA, DEN, DTW, ECP, ELP, FLL, HOU, HRL, IND, JAX, LAS, LAX, LBB, LGA, LIT, MAF, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, RDU, RNO, RSW, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA, TUL
ELP : 10 - AUS, DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS, LAX, PHX, SAN, SAT, SJC
HOU: 65 - ABQ, AMA, ATL, AUA, AUS, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUR, BWI, BZE, CHS, CLT, CMH, CRP, CUN, CZM, DAL, DCA, DEN, ECP, ELP, FLL, GCM, HRL, IND, JAX, LAS, LAX, LBB, LGA, LIR, LIT, MAF, MBJ, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MKE, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, PUJ, PVR, RDU, SAN, SAT, SDF, SJC, SJD, SJO, SJU, SLC, SMF, SNA, STL, TPA, TUL, TUS
HRL: 3 - AUS, DAL, HOU
ICT: 3 - LAS, PHX, STL
LBB: 5 - AUS, DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS
LIT: 5 - DAL, HOU, LAS, PHX, STL
MAF: 3 - DAL, HOU, LAS
MSY: 27 - ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, CMH, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, MDW, OAK, PHX, PIT, RDU, SAN, SAT, SJC, STL, TPA
OKC: 10 - BNA, BWI, DAL, DCA, DEN, HOUS, LAS, MDW, PHX, STL
OMA: 12 - BNA, DAL, DCA, DEN, HOU, LAS, LAX, MCO, MDW, PHX, SAN, STL
SAT: 22- ABQ, ATL, BNA, BWI, CUN, DAL, DEN, ELP, FLL, HOU, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, PHX, SAN, STL, TPA
TUL: 6 - DAL, DEN, HOU, LAS, PHX, STL

Midwest : Total Stations - 13 Total Routes: 274
CLE: 14 - ATL, BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, FLL, LAS, MCO, MDW, MKE, PHX, RSW, STL, TPA
CMH: 19 - ATL, BNA, BOS, BWI, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, PHX, RSW, STL, TPA
CVG: 7 - BWI, DEN, FLL, MCO, MDW, PHX, TPA
DSM: 4 - DEN, LAS, PHX, STL
DTW: 10 - BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, LAS, MCO, MDW, PHX, STL, TPA
GRR: 6 - BWI, DEN, MCO, MDW, RSW, TPA
IND: 18 - ATL, AUS, BWI, CUN, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, LAX, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, PHX, RSW, TPA
MCI: 30 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BOS, BWI, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, PDX, PHX, PNS, RDU, RSW, SAN SAT, STL, TPA
MDW: 65 - ABQ, ALB, ATL, AUS, BDL, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUF, BUR, BWI, CHS, CLE, CLT, CMH, CUN, CVG, DAL, DCA, DEN, DTW, ECP, FLL, GRR, HOU, IND, JAX, LAS, LAX, LGA, MBJ, MCI, MCO, MEM, MHT, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, ORF, PBI, PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, PUJ, PVD, RDU, RSW, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SFO, SJC, SJD, SJU, SLC, SMF, STL, TPA, TUS
MKE: 20 - ATL, BNA, BOS, BWI, CLE, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, PHX, RSW, STL, TPA
MSP: 13 - BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, FLL, MCI, MCO, MDW, OAK, PHX, RSW, STL, TPA
PIT: 17 - ATL, BNA, BWI, CUN, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, LAX, MCO, MDW, MSY, PHX, RSW, STL, TPA
STL: 51 - ATL, AUS, BDL, BNA, BOS, BWI, CHS, CLE, CMH, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, DSM, DTW, ECP, FLL, HOU, ICT, LAS, LAX, LGA, LIT, MBJ, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, PBI, PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, PUJ, RDU, RSW, SAN, SAT, SEA, SFO, SJC, SLC, SMF, TPA, TUL

Southeast : Total Stations - 17 Total Routes: 325
ATL: 38 - AUS, BNA, BOS, BWI, CLE, CMH, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, FLL, GSP, HOU, IAD, IND, JAX, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MKE, MSY, OAK, PBI, PHL, PHX, PIT, PUJ, RDU, RIC, RSW, SAN, SAT, STL, TPA
BHM: 8 - BWI, DAL, FLL, HOU, LAS, MCO, MDW, TPA
BNA: 43 - ATL, AUS, BOS, BUF, BUR, BWI, CHS, CLE, CLT, CMH, CUN, DAL, DCA, DEN, DTW, ECP, FLL, HOU, JAX, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ORF, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, RDU, RSW, SAN, SAT, SJC, STL, TPA
CHS: 7 - BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, HOU, MDW, STL
CLT: 5 - BNA, BWI, DAL, HOU, MDW
ECP: 7 - AUS, BNA, BWI, DAL, HOU,MDW, STL
FLL: 47 - ALB, ATL, AUA, AUS, BDL, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUF, BWI, BZE, CLE, CMH, CUN, CVG, DAL, DCA, DEN, GCM, HAV, HOU, IND, ISP, JAX, LAS, MBJ, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSP, MSY, NAS, PHL, PHX, PIT, PLS, PUJ, PVD, RDU, ROC, SAT, SDF, SJO, SJU, STL, TPA
GSP: 2 - ATL, BWI
JAX: 8 - ATL, BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, MDW
MCO: 50 - ABQ, ALB, ATL, AUS, BDL, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUF, BWI, CLE, CMH, CVG, DAL, DCA, DEN, DTW, FLL, GRR, HOU, IAD, IND, ISP, LAS, LGA, MBJ, MCI, MDW, MEM, MHT, MKE, MSP, MSY, OAK, OMA, ORF, PHL, PHX, PIT, PVD, RDU, RIC, ROC, SAN, SAT, SDF, SJC, SJU, SMF, STL
MEM: 8 - ATL, BWI, DAL, DEN, HOU, MCO, MDW, TPA
PBI: 7 - ATL, BWI, ISP, MDW, PHL,PVD,STL
PNS: 6 - BNA, DAL, HOU, MCI, MDW, STL
RDU: 16 - ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, PHX, STL, TPA
RSW: 20 - ALB, ATL, BDL, BNA, BWI, BUF, CLE,CMH, DAL, DEN, GRR, IND, MCI, MDW, MKE, MSP, PIT, PVD, ROC, STL
SDF: 10 - BWI, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, LAS, MCO, MDW, PHX, TPA
TPA: 43 - ALB, ATL, AUS, BDL, BHM, BNA, BUF, BWI, CLE, CMH, CVG, DAL, DCA, DEN, DTW, FLL, GRR, HAV, HOU, IND, ISP, LAS, LAX, LGA, MCI, MDW, MEM, MHT, MKE, MSP, MSY, PHL, PHX, PIT, PVD, RDU, RIC, ROC, SAN, SAT, SDF, SJU, STL

Northeast : Stations - 16 Total Routes: 181
ALB: 7 - BWI, DEN, FLL, MCO, MDW, RSW, TPA
BDL: 8 - BWI, DEN, FLL, MCO, MDW, RSW, STL, TPA
BOS: 14 - ATL, AUS, BNA, BWI, CMH, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, STL
BUF: 10 - BNA, BWI, DEN, FLL, LAS, MCO, MDW, PHX, RSW, TPA
BWI: 66 - ABQ, ALB, ATL, AUA, AUS, BDL, BHM, BNA, BOS, BUF, CHS, CLE, CLT, CMH, CUN, CVG, DAL, DEN, DTW, ECP, FLL, GCM, GRR, GSP, HOU, IND, ISP, JAX, LAS, LAX, LIR, MBJ, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MHT, MKE, MSP, MSY, NAS, OAK, OKC, ORF, PBI, PHX, PIT, PLS, PUJ, PVD, PWM, RDU, ROC, RSW, SAN, SAT, SDF, SEA, SJC, SJD, SJO, SJU, SLC, SMF, STL, TPA
DCA: 17 - ATL, AUS, BNA, CMH, DAL, FLL, HOU, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSY, OKC, OMA, PVD, STL, TPA
IAD: 3 - ATL, DEN, MCO
ISP: 5 - BWI, FLL, MCO,PBI, TPA
LGA: 13 - ATL, BNA, DAL, DEN, HOU, MCI, MCO, MDW, MKE, MSY, SAT, STL, TPA
MHT: 4 - BWI, MCO, MDW, TPA
ORF: 5 - BNA, BWI, DEN, MCO, MDW
PHL: 12 - ATL, BNA, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, MCO, MDW, PBI, PHX, STL, TPA
PVD: 8 - BWI, DCA, FLL, MCO, MDW, PBI, RSW, TPA
PWM: 1 - BWI
RIC: 3 - ATL, MCO, TPA
ROC: 5 - BWI, FLL, MCO, RSW, TPA

SANFan

Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:53 pm

caflyboy wrote:

Here are the amount of routes per station based on the latest schedule. They are group by region used in the Southwest ONE report.

SAN: 34 - ABQ, ATL, AUS, BNA, BOI, BWI, DAL, DEN, ELP, GEG, HNL, HOU, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MSY, OAK, OGG, OMA, PDX, PHX, PVR, RNO, SAT, SEA, SFO, SJC, SJD, SLC, SMF, STL, TPA, TUS

Thanks for your efforts on this information cafly'. I have a question, specifically re: SAN.

Are these supposed to be the routes op'ing in November or are these the routes op'ing as of next April's skeds -- the latest release? (Which would explain why HNL & OGG are included and our summer seasonal routes, IND, MKE, & ORF are not.)

If the latter is the case however, I find a discrepancy: I do not see any TPA service on next April's sked and you have it included on your list. (SAN-TPA seems to operate most of the year but is axed for a month or 2 at various times of the year.)

I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm looking at on your lists.

I do hope there will be a similar list covering the June 7, 2020 sked due to be released on Dec 11, if you get the chance. Thanks again for sharing this info.

bb

Jshank83

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:39 pm

SANFan wrote:
caflyboy wrote:

Thanks for your efforts on this information cafly'. I have a question, specifically re: SAN.

Are these supposed to be the routes op'ing in November or are these the routes op'ing as of next April's skeds -- the latest release? (Which would explain why HNL & OGG are included and our summer seasonal routes, IND, MKE, & ORF are not.)

If the latter is the case however, I find a discrepancy: I do not see any TPA service on next April's sked and you have it included on your list. (SAN-TPA seems to operate most of the year but is axed for a month or 2 at various times of the year.)

I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm looking at on your lists.

I do hope there will be a similar list covering the June 7, 2020 sked due to be released on Dec 11, if you get the chance. Thanks again for sharing this info.

bb

His stats include anything that is currently in the schedule from now until the end of what is released. So when June is released he will list any seasonal routes that start in June as adds (even if they ran this past June). It also will drop off any routes that dropped off in November seasonal or not. I don't really like that he says added and dropped (because if they are just going out or in season they aren't added or dropped to me) but to each their own.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos