Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SteveXC500

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2019

Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm

MSP sees two additional, above Spring schedule. Adding a BWI and MDW segment. At 28 daily departures during the week.

usflyguy

Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:23 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
dbo861 wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of 737MAX8 flights on this schedule extension. They're going to be in a world of hurt if it's not flying by the summer.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.
Don't add any MAX stuff until it's released back
Into service.

Flyguy

Except if you schedule with what you’re supposed to have, the lawsuit against Boeing for compensation is going to have more legs to it. Certainly so, since they’re going by what Boeing is telling them for RTS.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

wnflyguy

Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 pm

In LGB WN continues to add additional service to LAS and DEN with the unused slots every 180 days out.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

WN732

Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
In LGB WN continues to add additional service to LAS and DEN with the unused slots every 180 days out.

Flyguy

Wonderful. Those flights seem to be doing quite well.

tphuang

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:09 pm

WN732 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

LGB might be running the lowest margin of any WN stations. But the good news is that B6 has no reason to stick around, so WN will eventually end up with a lot more slots.

joeljack

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Omaha - OMA-BNA goes to daily from Sunday only last summer! I wonder why this isn't mentioned in the press release? Also, OMA-SAN stays essentially replacing OMA-LAX. I can't remember if OMA-MDW was 5x or 6x last June? Does anybody know? OMA-DEN is going to 4x instead of 3x summer 2019. Everything else seems to be about the same expect for lots more Max8's or -800 vs last summer so a pretty good capacity bump. So OMA is gaining at least 1 daily flight, if not two depending on what OMA-MDW was summer 2019. 21 daily weekday departures summer 2020.

Jshank83

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 pm

STL picked up 106 more weekly flights over last year (13% increase). Pretty big gains for not picking up any new routes. 919 a week.

https://www.flystl.com/newsroom/stl-new ... departures

knope2001

Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:26 am

knope2001 wrote:
MKE-SAN was Saturday-only last summer, not back this summer. A bigger YOY change to the West is MKE-SFO is only 2x/week from last summer's 7x/week. MKE-California continues to languish.

Four year-over-year additions offset the seat loss to SFO and (previously-announced) BOS/LGA cuts:

MKE-BWI 4x (3x last summer)
MKE-STL 3x (2x last summer)
MKE-HOU 2x (1x last summer)
MKE-ATL 3x (2x last summer)

The one potential positive about being flat year-over-year is that these additions to BWI/STL/HOU/ATL may be more durable and continue on. The daily MKE-SFO trip would probably end in early August anyway. Southwest continues to play to their strengths here instead and moves further away from the old AirTran markets. More flights to Southwest de facto hubs isn't a bad thing. For the airport, of course, getting more CA nonstops is undoubtedly high on the wish list.

Assuming the MAX are back in summer as planned I think YOY capacity will be up based on aircraft type, nearly 50/50 between 175 and 143 seat aircraft with this new schedule. Perhaps later I will have a chance to work through the weekend schedules to see how things look.

More MKE details:

MKE-BOS is returning as a Sunday-only flight
MKE-FLL is continuing this summer as a Saturday-only flight (did not operate last summer)

Comparing the full-week schedule of 2020 vs 2019:

Weekly departures
2019 223
2020 234 +4.8%

Weekly seats
2019 33,030
2020 37,145 +12.5%

Average seats per flight
2019 148.1
2020 159.0

Nice overall capacity growth in spite of losing 13/week LGA, 6/week BOS, 5/week SFO and 1/week SAN. Last year's numbers were definitely stunted by MAX grounding, hopefully not an issue summer 2020.

zackary747

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:57 am

BOS-IND returns as a Saturday only flight next summer.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)

tomaheath

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 am

Not for Hawaii in this release?

Atlwarrior

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am

WN732 wrote:
And to some posters on here, I thought WN wasn't working out in ATL and was about to tear down their operation? Apparently not.

Which I could never understand, the area is on fire with job and population growth. I was shocked by no ATL to MYR seasonal service. In fact, no MYR service for Southwest in the entire network. It must be some type of gate restrait.

Atlwarrior

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:45 am

Yikes Southwest going directly against United hub cities of Denver, Houston, and Chicago with these flight increases.

pmanni1

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:25 am

joeljack wrote:
Omaha - OMA-BNA goes to daily from Sunday only last summer! I wonder why this isn't mentioned in the press release? Also, OMA-SAN stays essentially replacing OMA-LAX. I can't remember if OMA-MDW was 5x or 6x last June? Does anybody know? OMA-DEN is going to 4x instead of 3x summer 2019. Everything else seems to be about the same expect for lots more Max8's or -800 vs last summer so a pretty good capacity bump. So OMA is gaining at least 1 daily flight, if not two depending on what OMA-MDW was summer 2019. 21 daily weekday departures summer 2020.

The release only mentioned new routes. Too many frequency increases to mention.

FlyPNS1

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Happy to finally see BWI-PNS...even if it's only seasonal. This summer PNS will have daily service to BNA/DAL/HOU and now BWI...plus weekend service to AUS/STL/MDW/MCI/DEN.

Some of the ATL routes are quite surprising....like ATL-CHS and ATL-ECP. These are going to create a firestorm with Delta...even if they are only seasonal and 1x daily. It's kind of interesting to watch WN add a lot of short-haul southern routes to ATL...first they added GSP, then BNA, MEM and now ECP/CHS/ORF. Though ORF was flown before.

Granted, not sure this will all happen as WN might be too optimistic on the MAX return.

Atlwarrior

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:59 pm

FlyPNS1 wrote:
Happy to finally see BWI-PNS...even if it's only seasonal. This summer PNS will have daily service to BNA/DAL/HOU and now BWI...plus weekend service to AUS/STL/MDW/MCI/DEN.

Some of the ATL routes are quite surprising....like ATL-CHS and ATL-ECP. These are going to create a firestorm with Delta...even if they are only seasonal and 1x daily. It's kind of interesting to watch WN add a lot of short-haul southern routes to ATL...first they added GSP, then BNA, MEM and now ECP/CHS/ORF. Though ORF was flown before.

Granted, not sure this will all happen as WN might be too optimistic on the MAX return.

I actually work rideshare in CHS, and both Delta and Southwest can support the market. Charleston is booming in jobs, tourism, population growth, and both cities forecast to be among the top job creators in 2020.

wnflyguy

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:32 pm

WN now pulling the MAX8 flying to April 13 2020.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

Midwestindy

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 pm

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

It appears that WN expected to receive the MAX by March, in previous schedules the MAX cuts only affected 175 weekday flights, but now they are expecting to cut 300 weekday flights.

Which is equivalent to around 7-7.5% of their entire schedule.....so it looks like lots of cuts are inbound.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

wnflyguy

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

It appears that WN expected to receive the MAX by March, in previous schedules the MAX cuts only affected 175 weekday flights, but now they are expecting to cut 300 weekday flights.

Which is equivalent to around 7-7.5% of their entire schedule.....so it looks like lots of cuts are inbound.

I've said it before I don't understand WHY they keep having these schedule releases with all this new MAX Flying only to keep pulling it out. Make no sense to add the MAX back into the schedule and when it hasn't been cleaned by the FAA to fly.

Flyguy

pmanni1

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:23 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

I've said it before I don't understand WHY they keep having these schedule releases with all this new MAX Flying only to keep pulling it out. Make no sense to add the MAX back into the schedule and when it hasn't been cleaned by the FAA to fly.

Flyguy

Just a theory but if they sell tickets and the MAX is not flying then at least they've sold the ticket and can reroute them on a different flight. If they don't sell the ticket and the MAX starts flying they might not have many tickets sold by the time that flight comes around.

Jshank83

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:24 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Flyguy

Just a theory but if they sell tickets and the MAX is not flying then at least they've sold the ticket and can reroute them on a different flight. If they don't sell the ticket and the MAX starts flying they might not have many tickets sold by the time that flight comes around.

Agree with this take.

Jshank83

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Might also be that service usually ramps up in March and Jan/feb are slow. Nov/December I guess would be also except the actual big travel weeks. Might not have had as much scheduled. But I’m sure like you said they thought it would be back by March.

CobaltScar

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Selling the tickets then puling the flying also is a nice receipt paper trail to shove back in Boeing face to pay for.

all 737s has one huge Achilles heel and WN is now feeling it. That and how do you expect to send a 737 into Harlingen and LGB and keep expecting to fill the plane profitably?

Midwestindy

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:00 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Might also be that service usually ramps up in March and Jan/feb are slow. Nov/December I guess would be also except the actual big travel weeks. Might not have had as much scheduled. But I’m sure like you said they thought it would be back by March.

This is true, although I believe in their summer schedules they only took out 150 weekday departures, but I can't find the actual numbers of reductions during the summer season so I could be wrong.

What I am interested in now is how they are going to introduce all these aircraft back into the fleet. They have said they are going to introduce them back in waves ("The airline believes it can fold five to 10 Max aircraft a week into its fleet"), but even then they are supposed to have 115 in the fleet by YE2020 which I am worried could lead to overcapacity in the US market, especially since UA & AA will have theirs coming online as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... in-the-sky

Jshank83

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

This is true, although I believe in their summer schedules they only took out 150 weekday departures, but I can't find the actual numbers of reductions during the summer season so I could be wrong.

What I am interested in now is how they are going to introduce all these aircraft back into the fleet. They have said they are going to introduce them back in waves ("The airline believes it can fold five to 10 Max aircraft a week into its fleet"), but even then they are supposed to have 115 in the fleet by YE2020 which I am worried could lead to overcapacity in the US market, especially since UA & AA will have theirs coming online as well.

My thinking with the overcapacity is it would be the same at the end of the year of the MAX wasn’t grounded. Probably less since they slowed/stopped production. Yes, it will be a bunch at once instead of a slower build up but in the end not any different. Might see some lower fares out of it for awhile but then it will normalize.

tphuang

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:55 pm

WN needs that added capacity fast. Right now, they have no way to respond to this huge buildup by NK in their backyard.

Midwestindy

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

My thinking with the overcapacity is it would be the same at the end of the year of the MAX wasn’t grounded. Probably less since they slowed/stopped production. Yes, it will be a bunch at once instead of a slower build up but in the end not any different. Might see some lower fares out of it for awhile but then it will normalize.

I think what you are saying is what the airlines are going to say, although I'll be interested to see what the investors say moving forward, considering they were bringing this issue up already at DL's investor day. Looks like that could be an interesting topic to watch come Q4 if there is any hint of a slowdown in consumer spending.

Midwestindy

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:10 am

WN MAX cuts were loaded in yesterday evening, noticed some particular attention was given to reductions at LAX

Weekday reductions per day
SJC-LAX -1
SMF-LAX -1
SLC-LAX -1
PHX-LAX -1
OAK-LAX -1
MSY-LAX -1
STL-LAX -1
AUS-LAX -1
IND-LAX -1
ATL-LAX -1
BNA-LAX -1
TPA-LAX -1
HOU-LAX -1
MDW-LAX -1
DEN-LAX -1
ELP-LAX -1
LAS-LAX -2

MIflyer12

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:44 am

Jshank83 wrote:
My thinking with the overcapacity is it would be the same at the end of the year of the MAX wasn’t grounded. Probably less since they slowed/stopped production.

That's the thing. AA/UA/WN will probably end 2020 with fewer MAX in their fleets than if there hadn't been a grounding. It's not like they can each receive 60 in a single week and schedule new routes for the next week.

I expect that negotiations for compensation will include flexibility in their receiving schedules. They won't take them before they have pilots ready and useful routes for incremental aircraft. Any guess on how many MAXs WN could induct between March and end 2020? Have they ever taken more than 70 new aircraft in a single year?

Midwestindy

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:17 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
That's the thing. AA/UA/WN will probably end 2020 with fewer MAX in their fleets than if there hadn't been a grounding. It's not like they can each receive 60 in a single week and schedule new routes for the next week.

I expect that negotiations for compensation will include flexibility in their receiving schedules. They won't take them before they have pilots ready and useful routes for incremental aircraft. Any guess on how many MAXs WN could induct between March and end 2020? Have they ever taken more than 70 new aircraft in a single year?

I highly doubt either AA/UA/WN will end 2020 with fewer MAX than when the grounding started (unless the grounding bleeds into Q3 2020).
"He added the airline is “very pleased” with the 737 MAX, and looks forward to having as many as 115 of the aircraft in Southwest’s fleet by the end of 2020."
https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest ... g-737-max/

That's why they have been keeping the MAX in the schedule, so when they inevitably come back they have routes to fly, they'll have months of lead-in time since:
"Southwest has agreed with its pilots union to allow 30 days for training on the updated software, and will wait until all of its 9,700 pilots are trained before flying the Max again."

"The airline believes it can fold five to 10 Max aircraft a week into its fleet, and wants to have about 30 ready to go before making the first commercial flight"

jplatts

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:43 pm

There is an article titled "Could Southwest expand to Europe? Newly promoted exec shares his thoughts" in the Dallas Business Journal that said that WN partnering with an European carrier in order to offer passengers connectivity between the US and Europe is a possibility:
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/12/19/southwest-europe-andrew-watterson.html

The article also said that "Watterson didn't say which foreign carrier would be Southwest's partner for this endeavor [transatlantic codeshare partnership], but its standards would be high."

AirFiero

Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:35 pm

jplatts wrote:
There is an article titled "Could Southwest expand to Europe? Newly promoted exec shares his thoughts" in the Dallas Business Journal that said that WN partnering with an European carrier in order to offer passengers connectivity between the US and Europe is a possibility:
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/12/19/southwest-europe-andrew-watterson.html

The article also said that "Watterson didn't say which foreign carrier would be Southwest's partner for this endeavor [transatlantic codeshare partnership], but its standards would be high."

Has WN *ever* done codeshares or interline before?

Vctony

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:14 pm

AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

I believe that they did with WS as well as TZ.

AirFiero

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Vctony wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Interesting, I thought it was against their philosophy.

mga707

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Vctony wrote:
AirFiero wrote:

Not sure about interlining, but pretty sure that TZ was the only carrier that WN has ever codeshared with. Flew MDW-DCA on a TZ codeshare in the summer of 2006. Second leg of a TUS-DCA itinerary. This was long before WN flew to DCA with their own aircraft. It was my first time onboard a 737-800.

Jshank83

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:33 pm

AirFiero wrote:
jplatts wrote:

via wikipedia

Icelandair, ATA, Volaris, Airtran (before they were all the way integrated)

Not sure if Westjet actually started.

barney captain

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Westjet never materialized.
Southeast Of Disorder

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:28 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Flyguy

It's to give their lawyers something to work with when it comes to final compensation numbers. They can say, "based on Boeing's guidance we were expecting the MAX in February, and we scheduled our flights based on that." If they don't, Boeing's legal team could make an argument that the compensation claim is unjust because Southwest never intended on using the airframes in the scheduled. Even though everyone knows Southwest purchased these airplanes to fly commercial service lawyers make all sorts of funny claims in courts; they could argue that since they were never scheduled Southwest only ordered them for display. It's important for all these airlines to keep publishing a realistic schedule based on Boeing's guidance. It could be the difference in millions of dollars of due settlement money.

ericm2031

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:36 pm

UA just pulled the MAX until June. This will be painful to not have for any Spring Break traffic.

CobaltScar

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 pm

WN732 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Well as in welfare flights. How soon until WN pays people to fly those routes? yikes, what a money pit.

Midwestindy

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
UA just pulled the MAX until June. This will be painful to not have for any Spring Break traffic.

Someone can correct me on this, but from what I have seen, for the most part they have kept all the Florida, Caribbean, & Hawaii flights intact and decided to cut elsewhere (which makes sense).

Still hurts either way.

wnflyguy

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Deleted

Flyguy

BNAMealer

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:07 am

tphuang wrote:
WN needs that added capacity fast. Right now, they have no way to respond to this huge buildup by NK in their backyard.

No kidding. I have to imagine that privately, the folks in Dallas are pretty pissed at Boeing right now due to the fact this MAX grounding is dragging out forever with no end in sight.

malev2012

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:47 am

BNAMealer wrote:
tphuang wrote:

No kidding. I have to imagine that privately, the folks in Dallas are pretty pissed at Boeing right now due to the fact this MAX grounding is dragging out forever with no end in sight.

For sure, NK's entry into AUS and BNA has to be pretty brutal considering WN can't respond without capacity. Not to mention F9 expanding and undermining many WN routes. The longer this goes on, the more A320s NK and F9 take delivery of.
Airlines flown: AA, AB, AC, AY, BA, CO, DL, DY, EW, F9, G4, IB, KL, LH, LX, NK, NW, NZ, OS, QF, SN, TP, UA, US, VA, VC, WN, XE

flight152

Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:52 am

BNAMealer wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Never mind Southwest is losing 19 aircraft to United starting this month.

phllax

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:32 am

Question for any WN folks here. Flew BWI-SJU on 12/27. Due to weather we took a more inland route until we turned SE over Florida to parallel the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos down to remain within range of land. Are all of the ETOPS birds being used on Hawaii right now? Do they ever use an ETOPS bird to SJU so that they can use the more direct overwater route like the AA330 does from PHL or the UA flights from EWR?

ADent

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:00 am

Flew SJU-BWI and our plane didn’t have rafts (that I could see). W/o rafts you have to stay close to land.

Years ago flew DEN-MCO and due to nasty storms we went into the gulf over Texas. We just cut across the gulf because we had rafts on board.

So WN could add rafts and fly more direct routings. But rafts also weigh more and require service. I assume the company would optimize things.

Also the WN fleet is a bit scrambled with 35 MAX jets parked in the desert, plus however many undelivered.

barney captain

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:29 am

phllax wrote:
Question for any WN folks here. Flew BWI-SJU on 12/27. Due to weather we took a more inland route until we turned SE over Florida to parallel the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos down to remain within range of land. Are all of the ETOPS birds being used on Hawaii right now? Do they ever use an ETOPS bird to SJU so that they can use the more direct overwater route like the AA330 does from PHL or the UA flights from EWR?

The quick answer to your question is - no, we don't utilize the etops aircraft anywhere but the Central East Pacific - CEPAC. The more complicated answer is yes, you may see etops aircraft out in the system, but they aren't being operated as etops in the places you're asking about (the Caribbean). Etops a/c do get circulated through major mx bases like DAL or PHX on a regular basis however. Further complicating the answer is the fact that only LAX and a certain amount of OAK pilots are qualified for etops - making anything off of the East Coast a bit of a logistical mess (for now) - the gain for the pain simply isn't worth it. Are you ready for more confusion? The flight you mentioned (BWI-SJU) isn't in what is we consider the etops realm - even going direct. It would be however, in WATRS (Western Atlantic Route System) airspace, which at times requires Class II navigation - something only Etops qualified pilots are currently trained for. Clear as mud? Good, let's continue. All of our aircraft have life vests which will get us out to 162nm from shore (but only 100nm from shore north of 35 degrees north latitude or off of the West Coast - think water temp). Some of our aircraft also have rafts which gets us to 60 minutes from shore - and all crews are trained on that. Anything beyond that puts us into traditional etops and requires certified aircraft and crews (Hawai'i).

LOL - simple question, complicated answer. My head hurts. :laughing:
Southeast Of Disorder

phllax

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:05 pm

barney captain wrote:

The quick answer to your question is - no, we don't utilize the etops aircraft anywhere but the Central East Pacific - CEPAC. The more complicated answer is yes, you may see etops aircraft out in the system, but they aren't being operated as etops in the places you're asking about (the Caribbean). Etops a/c do get circulated through major mx bases like DAL or PHX on a regular basis however. Further complicating the answer is the fact that only LAX and a certain amount of OAK pilots are qualified for etops - making anything off of the East Coast a bit of a logistical mess (for now) - the gain for the pain simply isn't worth it. Are you ready for more confusion? The flight you mentioned (BWI-SJU) isn't in what is we consider the etops realm - even going direct. It would be however, in WATRS (Western Atlantic Route System) airspace, which at times requires Class II navigation - something only Etops qualified pilots are currently trained for. Clear as mud? Good, let's continue. All of our aircraft have life vests which will get us out to 162nm from shore (but only 100nm from shore north of 35 degrees north latitude or off of the West Coast - think water temp). Some of our aircraft also have rafts which gets us to 60 minutes from shore - and all crews are trained on that. Anything beyond that puts us into traditional etops and requires certified aircraft and crews (Hawai'i).

LOL - simple question, complicated answer. My head hurts. :laughing:

Barney,

I get the gist of it. We were on N8565Z and I didn’t notice life rafts.

dtremit

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:

Someone can correct me on this, but from what I have seen, for the most part they have kept all the Florida, Caribbean, & Hawaii flights intact and decided to cut elsewhere (which makes sense).

Good for nonstop passengers, but a fair amount of Spring Break traffic connects, too. If the first half of the itinerary is missing...

barney captain

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:59 pm

phllax wrote:

Barney,

I get the gist of it. We were on N8565Z and I didn’t notice life rafts.

Only the 83XX series of -800's are etops and to my knowledge, they're the only a/c that have the rafts physically installed. Some of the 700's we got from the second market have the ceiling compartments, but i think all the rafts were removed for weight savings since they aren't needed.
Southeast Of Disorder

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos