User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 pm

I’m excited to see what the current concourses will look like after renovations. As far as the new concessions, I’m looking forward to it. I just wish there was a Chick Fil A. We’ll be alright haha.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:34 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/n ... wrWb5jDYD0 This article shows blueprints where everything will be going.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:40 am

delete
 
dafunk10
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:34 am

southwest1675 wrote:
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/02/01/see-the-restaurants-stores-headed-to-a-revamped.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_NA&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c54cf7d4b73850001372234&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0bzaqZyTSV1i2Vft6G7BPH2ub29auU-m0jKJlkN3VXBptzuwrWb5jDYD0 This article shows blueprints where everything will be going.




As a DL FF, I’m glad to see all of the hot chicken establishments (as much as I love them) not in B concourse.....last thing I want to be doing is boarding a flight where half the passengers have recently taken down a [hot chicken vendor] hot plate (Assuming DL stays in B that is)

Those WN/AA flights look like they could get interesting though ;)
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:17 am

Would be fun to watch unsuspecting customers first encounter with Hattie B's.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
rexchase12
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Anyone know if the Big 3 (AA, UA, & DL) are upgauging equipment during NFL draft week/marathon in April?
 
gsg013
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm

rexchase12 wrote:
Anyone know if the Big 3 (AA, UA, & DL) are upgauging equipment during NFL draft week/marathon in April?


Havent seen any upguages on DL not sure about AA or UA. Could be a good time for DL to try out the A220 on LGA-BNA instead of ER-175.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 pm

"Why isn't it already? Is it because of ATL's status as a former FL hub?

It would make more sense to focus on BNA as it is a bigger market and they are likely bleeding money to DL in ATL. I would cut ATL down to O&D flying only and move the cut flights to BNA. IMO, no reason BNA can't someday be among the likes of MDW, BWI, DEN, LAS, PHX, DAL, HOU, OAK, etc."

I know some think otherwise but BNA is NOT a larger market than ATL...or MDW/ORD...or BWI/DCA/IAD or DEN or LAS or PHX or DAL/DFW or IAH/HOU or OAK/SFO etc etc etc.

It has a large Focus operation with WN...and not surprisingly the passenger counts have grown along with the increase in WN flights....and also due to the growth of Nashville and its catchment area (business and tourist). As someone mentioned...the LF has dropped in recent months....as new capacity continues to be added. All those ULLC's can not be making WN or DL smile...
 
Lexy
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
"Why isn't it already? Is it because of ATL's status as a former FL hub?

It would make more sense to focus on BNA as it is a bigger market and they are likely bleeding money to DL in ATL. I would cut ATL down to O&D flying only and move the cut flights to BNA. IMO, no reason BNA can't someday be among the likes of MDW, BWI, DEN, LAS, PHX, DAL, HOU, OAK, etc."

I know some think otherwise but BNA is NOT a larger market than ATL...or MDW/ORD...or BWI/DCA/IAD or DEN or LAS or PHX or DAL/DFW or IAH/HOU or OAK/SFO etc etc etc.

It has a large Focus operation with WN...and not surprisingly the passenger counts have grown along with the increase in WN flights....and also due to the growth of Nashville and its catchment area (business and tourist). As someone mentioned...the LF has dropped in recent months....as new capacity continues to be added. All those ULLC's can not be making WN or DL smile...



ATL isn’t a huge O&D market.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Huh....ATL is a HUGE O&D market along with being a HUGE connecting complex. Both dwarf BNA
 
tphuang
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 pm

On the topic of BNA-ATL, since that's a huge discussion here. We now have both LF and fare data from Q3, which is the first quarter of WN's operation.
Average fare was $107 and load factor was 56%. Not good, but they are doing even worse on FLL-JAX ($102 avg fare and 53% LF) which is running a quarter longer, 100 miles longer in distance. Bottom line, BNA-ATL is going to be a loss leader, but it's not going anywhere. plenty of large airlines have tolerated losses even greater than that. Given time, it's performance could improve.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Why would WN want to continue the bloodbath....Delta will NEVER abandon that route
 
tphuang
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Why would WN want to continue the bloodbath....Delta will NEVER abandon that route


There are routes that airlines are always willing to tolerate loosing money on. DL has a whole bunch of them at RDU, SEA and BOS right now. I can tell you that. WN could never turn BNA into a dominant SE station if it's unwilling to fight DL.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

BNA-ATL is shorthaul route...not exactly WN's focus these days. WN will drop it UNLESS they further dismantle their ATL operations.....but even then....why anyone in ATL would connect at BNA is beyond my understanding....the only reason is DL flies Nonstop to just about everywhere form ATL
 
pdt2f
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:20 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
BNA-ATL is shorthaul route...not exactly WN's focus these days. WN will drop it UNLESS they further dismantle their ATL operations.....but even then....why anyone in ATL would connect at BNA is beyond my understanding....the only reason is DL flies Nonstop to just about everywhere form ATL


Price. Fortress hubs typically aren’t cheap for those of us who aren’t flying on corporate dollars. Many fliers would happily connect in BNA to save a few hundred bucks. Plus a lot of people just love WN. I’m one of them, WN is always the first airline I check for prices, availability, etc when I fly. There are untold hundreds of thousands in the Atlanta metro area who are indifferent to DL and want the ease of booking with WN, where you know exactly how much your flight will cost when you book it - bags, seats and all.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 13993
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
BNA-ATL is shorthaul route...not exactly WN's focus these days. WN will drop it UNLESS they further dismantle their ATL operations.....but even then....why anyone in ATL would connect at BNA is beyond my understanding....the only reason is DL flies Nonstop to just about everywhere form ATL


The whole point of the entire WN network is that many smaller hubs lead to lots of options for passengers. If you take a route like ATL-MCI with just a handful of nonstop options per day, having additional connecting options adds value. And in the case of BNA-ATL, they can offer connecting options on both ends along with thru flights, which are only fractionally less convenient than a nonstop and much better than a connection.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 am

Bluegrass60 wrote:
BNA-ATL is shorthaul route...not exactly WN's focus these days. WN will drop it UNLESS they further dismantle their ATL operations.....but even then....why anyone in ATL would connect at BNA is beyond my understanding....the only reason is DL flies Nonstop to just about everywhere form ATL


Guess what? I flew WN BNA-ATL-BNA a couple weeks ago. Plane was packed both ways. Based on my observations upon returning (I was sitting pretty far back), I'd say 2/3 of the pax went to other WN gates. But nobody connects in Nashville, right? :sarcastic:
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:58 am

Lol....many connect in BNA...thus why traffic doubled in 7 years. Your flight may have been packed but other posts suggest LF 54%....can you say losing money. Other posts suggest BNA overall LF is 72% or so...can you say losing lots of money?
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 13993
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 am

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Lol....many connect in BNA...thus why traffic doubled in 7 years. Your flight may have been packed but other posts suggest LF 54%....can you say losing money. Other posts suggest BNA overall LF is 72% or so...can you say losing lots of money?


Are you suggesting everyone is losing money in BNA? If so, how is that rational behavior?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
Lexy
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 am

Here we go again...
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:16 am

If the LF are as posted by others ....and profitable LF are 80% and above for industry....make your own conclusion
 
pdt2f
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
If the LF are as posted by others ....and profitable LF are 80% and above for industry....make your own conclusion


Profit has nothing to do with LF, and there’s no reason to think that 80% would be the threshold of profitability.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:53 pm

You need to read up on airline economics. LF is one of many metrics that determine profitability. CASM helps provide some guidance on that. With all the ULLC's in market at low fares and the added capacity....
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm curious what BNA's growth in 2019 will be. With 10 new flights already set to begin, I wonder what kinda numbers we'll see.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4151
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm

pdt2f wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
If the LF are as posted by others ....and profitable LF are 80% and above for industry....make your own conclusion


Profit has nothing to do with LF, and there’s no reason to think that 80% would be the threshold of profitability.


Just ignore him, he does this on all threads of airports that surround SDF.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
gsg013
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
If the LF are as posted by others ....and profitable LF are 80% and above for industry....make your own conclusion


Profit has nothing to do with LF, and there’s no reason to think that 80% would be the threshold of profitability.


Just ignore him, he does this on all threads of airports that surround SDF.


I dont fly NW generally DL with the occasional AA or UA on DL I never see anyone connect at BNA just saying.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Midwest Indy....thanks....
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 pm

I know the gate/ticket counter situation isn't really ideal at BNA right now, but I wonder if NK would still come to Nashville in 2019. Share Air Canada's gate, and create a make shift counter like they did with AC and Contour. I wonder if that's something that could be possible.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
antoniemey
Posts: 1400
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 am

gsg013 wrote:

I dont fly NW generally DL with the occasional AA or UA on DL I never see anyone connect at BNA just saying.


People connect at BNA on UA (I was an agent working the UA contract at BNA from 2012 until 2016). Not hordes, but an average of a few each day. I imagine the same is true for AA and DL. There are also the Priceline and Expedia connections where someone just bought the cheapest ticket they could find from Roanoke to Savannah and take 4 stops on 2 airlines with a dogleg west to BNA to get there.

WN would see the most connections because they have the most destinations and flights. BNA definitely does not see connections on the level that, say, UA at ORD or AA at DFW do, but it's a decent percentage of traffic for a midsize city.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.
 
dafunk10
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 am

DL will offer some prett weird connecting option in IRROPS....I’ve had the option to connect through CMH or DAY to go from ATL-BNA during some weather issues before

I’ve also seen some incoming pax from DTW and LGA connecting on to LAX
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm

"Just ignore him, he does this on all threads of airports that surround SDF." - you are awesome Midwest Indy! Boyd International or you...hmmmm.....Boyd wins!

In re LF and BNA profitablity....upon review...it is very fair to say that BNA operations with 72% LF is likely less profitable than they were at 84%. (WN ain't making money on BNA-ATL however)

"WN would see the most connections because they have the most destinations and flights. BNA definitely does not see connections on the level that, say, UA at ORD or AA at DFW do, but it's a decent percentage of traffic for a midsize city." - It is more than 12%....!!!
 
gsg013
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
DL will offer some prett weird connecting option in IRROPS....I’ve had the option to connect through CMH or DAY to go from ATL-BNA during some weather issues before

I’ve also seen some incoming pax from DTW and LGA connecting on to LAX



Good to know I guess that LGA-BNA-LAX routing would make some sense (it pretty much is a straight line from NYC-BNA-LAX.) I believe it happens but with how cheap Y fares are JFK-LAX I cannot imagine it would be cheaper.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 pm

gsg013 wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
DL will offer some prett weird connecting option in IRROPS....I’ve had the option to connect through CMH or DAY to go from ATL-BNA during some weather issues before

I’ve also seen some incoming pax from DTW and LGA connecting on to LAX



Good to know I guess that LGA-BNA-LAX routing would make some sense (it pretty much is a straight line from NYC-BNA-LAX.) I believe it happens but with how cheap Y fares are JFK-LAX I cannot imagine it would be cheaper.


Back in the day, AA flew a 757 that did LGA-BNA-LAX. Those days are long gone.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
dafunk10
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 am

Is there a website that is best for showing capacity figures by airline for specific airports (even by route if available)??
 
gsg013
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 am

Flew the Southern Airways Express flight the other night.. the pilots were incredibly professional and everything was good expect that plane was getting tossed around in the sky... I am not trying to be dramatic but it was the worst turbulence I have ever experienced... At some points our speed dropped down to 81 Knots looking at the map it felt like we were hardly moving at certain points... Any clue what speed is a stall speed for the Cessna 208?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDY ... M/tracklog
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDY ... /KBNA/KMEM
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 am

Not BNA related per say but interesting since historically there has been leakage from CHA to BNA (I was one of them), but chattanooga is seeing explosive growth. Looks like the large gains that BNA has seen lately are indicative of a really strong regional/ state growth, not just BNA centered.

Chattanooga Airport in 2018 posted its fifth consecutive year of record passenger boardings:

* 2018 - 504,298

* 2017 - 484,517

* 2016 - 419,059

* 2015 - 392,139

* 2014 - 352,459
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:13 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -feb-2019/

vivaAerobus is adding a Cancun charter from BNA, although only 1x weekly on Saturdays. Will operate from February 16th to June 30th.

CUN-BNA: 5:45 PM - 7:35 PM
BNA-CUN: 7:00 AM - 10:55 AM
 
EMBQA
Posts: 7828
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:52 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 pm

FA9295 wrote:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282886/vivaaerobus-adds-new-us-charter-routes-from-feb-2019/

vivaAerobus is adding a Cancun charter from BNA, although only 1x weekly on Saturdays. Will operate from February 16th to June 30th.

CUN-BNA: 5:45 PM - 7:35 PM
BNA-CUN: 7:00 AM - 10:55 AM


They have been running that flight for several years now. It's booked through Sunwing. We've taken it twice, but now only take the non-stop American. The one year we took it, it was flown by Aeromexico. We took the 'upgraded leg room' which ended up being full service 1st Class. No meal, but OUTSTANDING service. Real Corona in a glass bottle. The times are great too. You're through Customs and at the vans by noon. The later departure gives you more beach time on the final day.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Decent expansion by G4 in BNA, plus a really random TYS add. Bring the total destinations out of BNA to 13 if I'm correct.

The new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA) include:

Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $38* each way.
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.

The new seasonal route to McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) includes:

Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
 
RamblinMan
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:35 pm

tys777 wrote:
Not BNA related per say but interesting since historically there has been leakage from CHA to BNA (I was one of them), but chattanooga is seeing explosive growth. Looks like the large gains that BNA has seen lately are indicative of a really strong regional/ state growth, not just BNA centered.

Chattanooga Airport in 2018 posted its fifth consecutive year of record passenger boardings:


Chicken/Egg... Better service boosts numbers which justifies further increased service. Wasn't that long ago CHA was mostly DL conx ATRs and USX Dash 8s. Both were notoriously unreliable and prone to cancellations. Now you can get mainline DL to ATL and CR7/CR9 to CLT. It's still often cheaper to drive to BNA or ATL, but more locals are using the local airport now.
 
gsg013
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:00 pm

RamblinMan wrote:
tys777 wrote:
Not BNA related per say but interesting since historically there has been leakage from CHA to BNA (I was one of them), but chattanooga is seeing explosive growth. Looks like the large gains that BNA has seen lately are indicative of a really strong regional/ state growth, not just BNA centered.

Chattanooga Airport in 2018 posted its fifth consecutive year of record passenger boardings:


Chicken/Egg... Better service boosts numbers which justifies further increased service. Wasn't that long ago CHA was mostly DL conx ATRs and USX Dash 8s. Both were notoriously unreliable and prone to cancellations. Now you can get mainline DL to ATL and CR7/CR9 to CLT. It's still often cheaper to drive to BNA or ATL, but more locals are using the local airport now.


Understand that for some it is cheaper to drive hours to an airport IMHO I would almost always use the closest airport to my home... Nothing would be worse than returning from a long trip and having 2-3 hours to get home after a flight.. Only time I drive further is from my families home in NJ I will go to JFK or LGA for certain flights to avoid EWR & United but that isn't a 3 hour drive.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:07 pm

F9’s TTN service I heard actually did pretty well. It’s cut to seasonal, but there’s apparently a healthcare draw between the two markets. WN needs to add BDL. Top unserved route from both airports.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
RamblinMan
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:54 pm

gsg013 wrote:
Understand that for some it is cheaper to drive hours to an airport IMHO I would almost always use the closest airport to my home... Nothing would be worse than returning from a long trip and having 2-3 hours to get home after a flight..


Oh there's something much, much worse... returning from a long trip and getting stranded in a hub 100 miles from your destination. Which is why the point of my comment was that the historical leakage from CHA to both BNA and ATL had less to do with cost than with the unreliable prop service of a decade ago. Things are much better now and I think the pax numbers show that people are realizing it.

With the ULCC growth in BNA lately, though, sometimes the fare difference is huge. I would expect continued leakage as long as SY and G4 continue to do well. I might trek up to BNA later this spring to take SY to PDX. Nonstop for $220 and getting to try a new airline is too good a deal to pass up.
 
dfdubflyer
Topic Author
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm

tys777 wrote:
Decent expansion by G4 in BNA, plus a really random TYS add. Bring the total destinations out of BNA to 13 if I'm correct.

The new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA) include:

Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $38* each way.
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.

The new seasonal route to McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) includes:

Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.


How many carriers service BNA-MCO/SFB now? Gotta be at least four?
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 pm

tys777 wrote:
Decent expansion by G4 in BNA, plus a really random TYS add. Bring the total destinations out of BNA to 13 if I'm correct.

The new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA) include:

Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $38* each way.
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.

The new seasonal route to McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) includes:

Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.


G4 is doing quite the buildup at BNA. Certainly seems they imagine it being a destination location similar to Mesa, St. Petes, etc.
Cedar Rapids seems the most random of the adds, but they pay people to make these decisions!
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:56 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
tys777 wrote:
Decent expansion by G4 in BNA, plus a really random TYS add. Bring the total destinations out of BNA to 13 if I'm correct.

The new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA) include:

Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $38* each way.
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.

The new seasonal route to McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) includes:

Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.


G4 is doing quite the buildup at BNA. Certainly seems they imagine it being a destination location similar to Mesa, St. Petes, etc.
Cedar Rapids seems the most random of the adds, but they pay people to make these decisions!



Additions like CID show that Nashville tourism is something that shouldn’t be understated. I’ve also wondered if this ULCC service from G4 and SY has WN brewing additional expansion. Seeing them add services such as DSM and LIT to respond to G4 seems somewhat logical.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:34 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
tys777 wrote:
Decent expansion by G4 in BNA, plus a really random TYS add. Bring the total destinations out of BNA to 13 if I'm correct.

The new seasonal routes to Nashville International Airport (BNA) include:

Cleveland, Ohio via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning May 16, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Allentown, Pennsylvania via Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa via Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Orlando, Florida via Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $38* each way.
Bentonville, Arkansas via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning June 6, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.

The new seasonal route to McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) includes:

Pittsburgh via Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) – beginning May 17, 2019 with fares as low as $49* each way.


G4 is doing quite the buildup at BNA. Certainly seems they imagine it being a destination location similar to Mesa, St. Petes, etc.
Cedar Rapids seems the most random of the adds, but they pay people to make these decisions!



Additions like CID show that Nashville tourism is something that shouldn’t be understated. I’ve also wondered if this ULCC service from G4 and SY has WN brewing additional expansion. Seeing them add services such as DSM and LIT to respond to G4 seems somewhat logical.


WN doesn't seem to respond much to carriers that only fly a couple times a week, especially seasonal.
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:

G4 is doing quite the buildup at BNA. Certainly seems they imagine it being a destination location similar to Mesa, St. Petes, etc.
Cedar Rapids seems the most random of the adds, but they pay people to make these decisions!



Additions like CID show that Nashville tourism is something that shouldn’t be understated. I’ve also wondered if this ULCC service from G4 and SY has WN brewing additional expansion. Seeing them add services such as DSM and LIT to respond to G4 seems somewhat logical.


WN doesn't seem to respond much to carriers that only fly a couple times a week, especially seasonal.


I don't see much need to. The ULCC's don't really provide much of a threat to WN at BNA. Many of the less than daily routes can be reached by a WN one-stop or connect. They have a very loyal following in Nashville
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
Lexy
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Interesting adds I’m not gonna lie.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 pm

I enjoy looking at these other airport's Facebook pages when they announce BNA service, and the comments are all full of excited people.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos