Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 pm

Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Jumpstart conference is next week in Nashville, as a result they have a sizable piece on BNA with some interesting info:
http://cdn1.pps-publications.com/anna-a ... index.html

"From an international standpoint, our current interests include Asia, specifically Tokyo, as well as additional destinations in Europe, such as cities in France and Germany"

"For domestic targets, we are focused on more services to the west coast where we see growing demand, including Sacramento and Orange County, as well as increased service to Portland, San Diego, and Phoenix. We hear Hawaii has nice beaches as well, hints Powell."


I don’t take too much stock in these kind of statements, but here is my analysis

1. DL to CDG or AMS I now feel is inevitable, but it won’t be launched until the Sky Club is expanded. After that, I have trouble seeing where else in Europe BNA could get nonstops too. Maybe VS if enough demand ever arises for a second LON flight. I’d love to see LH to FRA, but the small UA presence here and a lack of a Club hinders that effort IMO.

2. TYO, it will be interesting to see what happens, but the lack of a 10,000 ft+ n/s runway may be a hinderance in the short term. Once they lengthen 2L/20R to 12,000 ft, then that becomes more likely. However, BNA also has to compete with the likes of IND, RDU, AUS, etc.

3. Domestically, once the MAX issues are past and things get back to normal, WN will likely add the CA cities mentioned if they are serious about making BNA a megastation like some on here claim. Believe it or not, I do believe AA will jump on BNA-PHX eventually if they really want more PHX service.

4. Hawaii ain’t happening anytime soon unless HA starts an aggressive expansion into mid-sized markets east of the Rocky Mountains, not sure why that was brought up.


Per your comments, I think once the DL to wherever in Europe happens, maybe seasonal Condor to FRA. At one time I think FI or WW, would have happened, but it seems that bubble has burst. TYO is the flight I would love to see with JL. Likely not daily, but it would be interesting.

I'd also agree that the return of the MAX will let WN expand. Hawaii? That would be a shocker.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
dafunk10
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 pm

BNA-HNL is over 4,000 NM, right? I don’t believe WN has a plane that can go that far direct
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 9:09 pm

Hawaiian A330 seasonal twice weekly? BNA will be interesting 5 years from now.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
BNA-HNL is over 4,000 NM, right? I don’t believe WN has a plane that can go that far direct


I was referencing the comment about HA at BNA. For now we will have to rely on if the Titans have a home game against the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders. That's always been a 763 as far as I know.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 11:35 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Jumpstart conference is next week in Nashville, as a result they have a sizable piece on BNA with some interesting info:
http://cdn1.pps-publications.com/anna-a ... index.html

"From an international standpoint, our current interests include Asia, specifically Tokyo, as well as additional destinations in Europe, such as cities in France and Germany"

"For domestic targets, we are focused on more services to the west coast where we see growing demand, including Sacramento and Orange County, as well as increased service to Portland, San Diego, and Phoenix. We hear Hawaii has nice beaches as well, hints Powell."


I don’t take too much stock in these kind of statements, but here is my analysis

1. DL to CDG or AMS I now feel is inevitable, but it won’t be launched until the Sky Club is expanded. After that, I have trouble seeing where else in Europe BNA could get nonstops too. Maybe VS if enough demand ever arises for a second LON flight. I’d love to see LH to FRA, but the small UA presence here and a lack of a Club hinders that effort IMO.

2. TYO, it will be interesting to see what happens, but the lack of a 10,000 ft+ n/s runway may be a hinderance in the short term. Once they lengthen 2L/20R to 12,000 ft, then that becomes more likely. However, BNA also has to compete with the likes of IND, RDU, AUS, etc.

3. Domestically, once the MAX issues are past and things get back to normal, WN will likely add the CA cities mentioned if they are serious about making BNA a megastation like some on here claim. Believe it or not, I do believe AA will jump on BNA-PHX eventually if they really want more PHX service.

4. Hawaii ain’t happening anytime soon unless HA starts an aggressive expansion into mid-sized markets east of the Rocky Mountains, not sure why that was brought up.


Per your comments, I think once the DL to wherever in Europe happens, maybe seasonal Condor to FRA. At one time I think FI or WW, would have happened, but it seems that bubble has burst. TYO is the flight I would love to see with JL. Likely not daily, but it would be interesting.

I'd also agree that the return of the MAX will let WN expand. Hawaii? That would be a shocker.


I'd rather see LH to FRA. Unless LH buys Condor, it wouldn't be as valuable because it wouldn't have direct access to LH feed. Regardless, I think a FRA flight is a ways off as DL to CDG or AMS seems to be a lower hanging fruit right now.

Once DL adds a TATL flight, the focus should shift to landing a TYO flight. That is going to take time to do, not only do they have to sell BNA, they need to get the infrastructure up to speed (i.e, new IAB and longer runway).
 
reednavy
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Once that Envoy contract is up, hopefully soon, I can see AA really increasing capacity and without a doubt adding PHX.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3555
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:38 pm

I went thru the Nashville WN schedule for November for those who are interested. December should be the same. This is NOT for Thanksgiving/Christmas weeks. It changes a fair amount for them.


m-f Sat Sun
aus 3 2 3
atl 5 3 3
bwi 6 4 7
BOS 3 2 3
CHS 1 1 2
CLT 2 1 2
mdw 7 4 7
cle 2 2 3
cmh 2 1 2
dal 5 4 6
den 5 3 5
dtw 3 1 3
fll 4 4 4
hou 4 3 5
jax 3 2 3
mci 3 2 4
las 4 3 4
lax 3 2 3
mke 2 2 1
msp 2 1 1
msy 4 3 4
lga 4 3 5
oak 1 1 1
mco 5 5 5
ecp 2 2 2
pns 2 2 2
phl 3 2 3
phx 4 3 4
pit 2 1 2
rdu 3 2 4
sat 2 1 2
san 2 1 3
stl 4 1 3
tpa 3 3 5
dca 4 3 4
sea 0 0 0
ewr 3 1 3
okc 0 0 1
buf 0 1 1
sjc 1 1 1
Orf 0 0 1
oma 0 0 1
Bur 1 1 1
smf 0 0 0

Total 119 84 129
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm

https://airportscouncil.org/wp-content/ ... agenda.pdf

May or may not be air service related, and it could just be conference related, but according to tomorrow's agenda there is supposedly a:
"Special Announcement from BNA" from Douglas E. Kreulen tomorrow around 10am
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://airportscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Jumpstart19-agenda.pdf

May or may not be air service related, and it could just be conference related, but according to tomorrow's agenda there is supposedly a:
"Special Announcement from BNA" from Douglas E. Kreulen tomorrow around 10am


Probably not going to be anything special.
 
Rjh3h
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:23 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://airportscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Jumpstart19-agenda.pdf

May or may not be air service related, and it could just be conference related, but according to tomorrow's agenda there is supposedly a:
"Special Announcement from BNA" from Douglas E. Kreulen tomorrow around 10am


Interesting it’s paired with a presentation with Spirit?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 pm

At least it’s something.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:10 am

Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:41 am

Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I expect NK’s routes to be ones to existing destinations BNA already has.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:40 am

Image
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:31 am

Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I am 99.99% certain this is NK, since BNA is easily their biggest hole now, but some people on twitter are speculating this could be the proposed DL to CDG/AMS flight. It's too early for DL to announce that.

Heck, I wonder if this could be an announcement about the expansion of the Sky Club?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:33 am

Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I am 99.99% certain this is NK, since BNA is easily their biggest hole now, but some people on twitter are speculating this could be the proposed DL to CDG/AMS flight. It's too early for DL to announce that.

Heck, I wonder if this could be an announcement about the expansion of the Sky Club?


SkyClub is already pretty well known. There’s been a sign showing it for the last month or so.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
dafunk10
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:47 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I expect NK’s routes to be ones to existing destinations BNA already has.



Any guesses??

FLL and DTW seem to be good bets. Maybe DFW and/or MCO as well??
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I expect NK’s routes to be ones to existing destinations BNA already has.



Any guesses??

FLL and DTW seem to be good bets. Maybe DFW and/or MCO as well??
Judging the way NK has been doing DTW, I doubt they'll add it. They'll probably add EWR, BWI, MCO, & LAS.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3555
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Update: BNA’s social media said there will be an announcement tomorrow. I’ll definitely say NK is coming to town by the looks of it.


Lol I accidentally broke the news before they did :spin:


I am 99.99% certain this is NK, since BNA is easily their biggest hole now, but some people on twitter are speculating this could be the proposed DL to CDG/AMS flight. It's too early for DL to announce that.

Heck, I wonder if this could be an announcement about the expansion of the Sky Club?


I guess it doesn’t technically say air service announcement. I still think it probably is NK though.
 
fsafsx
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Spirit should add Baltimore no doubt. Probably las Vegas too.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5345
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Image
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
msycajun
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:12 pm

I'd bet MSY is on the list as well.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:13 pm

No DTW, lol this is bad.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:17 pm

It’s about time NK got here, where will they fly to?
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Fargo wrote:
It’s about time NK got here, where will they fly to?


BWI starting 10/10, still checking others. MCO and FLL as well.
Last edited by tys777 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Beechtobus
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm

LAS is bookable nonstop, not sure of the start date.
Last edited by Beechtobus on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm

British Airways will increase its Winter 2019/20 flights between London Heathrow and Nashville from 4 to 5 weekly (remains 7 weekly in Summer 2019):

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2219552768
 
Delta28L
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Fargo wrote:
It’s about time NK got here, where will they fly to?


LAS FLL MCO TPA BWI ORD would be my first guess
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:21 pm

flymco753 wrote:
No DTW, lol this is bad.


Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet. I’m curious what gate they’re gonna use. As far as ticket counter space goes, AA might be giving up a slice.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:24 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
No DTW, lol this is bad.


Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet.
Already confirmed it's a negative for DTW.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:26 pm

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
No DTW, lol this is bad.


Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet.
Already confirmed it's a negative for DTW.


Definitely a shocker. They would have given WN and DL a run for their money. I make frequent trips up to DTW, and I would have loved a dirt cheap option to get up there.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:30 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet.
Already confirmed it's a negative for DTW.


Definitely a shocker. They would have given WN and DL a run for their money. I make frequent trips up to DTW, and I would have loved a dirt cheap option to get up there.
Oh well, nothing anyone can do. Airlines make decisions based on what they believe and apparently/shockingly they don't think DTW can work from BNA.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
fsafsx
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 pm

Ha ha i love this seeing dtw keep getting passed up! Good for bna.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:34 pm

fsafsx wrote:
Ha ha i love this seeing dtw keep getting passed up! Good for bna.


No, increased competition is good.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
bnatraveler
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:10 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:35 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
British Airways will increase its Winter 2019/20 flights between London Heathrow and Nashville from 4 to 5 weekly (remains 7 weekly in Summer 2019):

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2219552768


Still showing 787-8, wished it would go to 787-9 with 5x (or ultimately 7x). So, 787-9 7x in summer, 787-8 5x in winter. I am wondering if they are playing a bit of a capacity deployment/yield game here to not make the market look as strong as its fundamentals are in order to dissuade competitors.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3385
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:36 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
Ha ha i love this seeing dtw keep getting passed up! Good for bna.


No, increased competition is good.
He hates DTW, he's been doing it for years now.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:50 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet.
Already confirmed it's a negative for DTW.


Definitely a shocker. They would have given WN and DL a run for their money. I make frequent trips up to DTW, and I would have loved a dirt cheap option to get up there.


Good to see both of DTW's major carriers now giving the market a huge middle finger
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:52 pm

fsafsx wrote:
Ha ha i love this seeing dtw keep getting passed up! Good for bna.


Thank you it keeps driving my point home which everyone on here disagrees with. The proof is in the pudding.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5092
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:54 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Maybe it hasn’t been loaded yet.
Already confirmed it's a negative for DTW.


Definitely a shocker. They would have given WN and DL a run for their money. I make frequent trips up to DTW, and I would have loved a dirt cheap option to get up there.


Really not a schocker at all I never expected them to add DTW-BNA
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
gustywinds
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:00 pm

I hear WN will take over half of AA’s counter around October when WN will be temporarily displaced due to construction. So I’m not sure where NK will go. BA has 1 a day currently and will be less than daily this winter so maybe NK and BA can share space.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:00 pm

NK to BWI, FLL, MCO, MSY, TPA, and LAS.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:04 pm

They’ll probably share A1 with Air Canada, or B9 with Contour.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
CLJFlyer
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:11 pm

I just tried booking a flight to FLL in August and it wouldn't let me. Service starts 10/10. Do we know the frequencies of the flights yet?
 
HeyHey
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:23 pm

It looks like everything is 1x daily each way. Pulled dates and times from November:

BNA - LAS: 9:45PM - 11:35PM
LAS - BNA: 11:50PM - 5:20AM

BNA - MCO: 1:20PM - 4:20PM
MCO - BNA: 7:55PM - 8:50PM

BNA - MSY: 9:10AM - 10:35AM
MSY - BNA: 12:05PM - 1:30PM

BNA - BWI: 8:35PM - 11:15PM
BWI - BNA: 7:30AM - 8:20AM

BNA - FLL: 2:15PM - 5:32PM
FLL - BNA: 6:25PM - 7:45PM

BNA - TPA: 8:00AM - 10:45AM
TPA - BNA: 11:35AM - 12:25PM

The BNA - LAS times seem really bad. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I would ever take that flight out there. Any cost savings are going to be eaten up by an additional night in the hotel. Maybe there's a market that is looking for those times and I'm just not part of it.
 
dfdubflyer
Topic Author
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
British Airways will increase its Winter 2019/20 flights between London Heathrow and Nashville from 4 to 5 weekly (remains 7 weekly in Summer 2019):

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2219552768


Really good news to hear this. I got nervous when we saw the frequencies get cut, but I'm glad we'll be daily again next summer (and 1x more in the winter)
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

I’m no airline analyst, but I wonder with all this increased competition coming to town, does it have WN opening their eyes a bit? They had little to no competition for 20 plus years in Nashville.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:30 pm

HeyHey wrote:
It looks like everything is 1x daily each way. Pulled dates and times from November:

BNA - LAS: 9:45PM - 11:35PM
LAS - BNA: 11:50PM - 5:20AM

BNA - MCO: 1:20PM - 4:20PM
MCO - BNA: 7:55PM - 8:50PM

BNA - MSY: 9:10AM - 10:35AM
MSY - BNA: 12:05PM - 1:30PM

BNA - BWI: 8:35PM - 11:15PM
BWI - BNA: 7:30AM - 8:20AM

BNA - FLL: 2:15PM - 5:32PM
FLL - BNA: 6:25PM - 7:45PM

BNA - TPA: 8:00AM - 10:45AM
TPA - BNA: 11:35AM - 12:25PM

The BNA - LAS times seem really bad. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I would ever take that flight out there. Any cost savings are going to be eaten up by an additional night in the hotel. Maybe there's a market that is looking for those times and I'm just not part of it.


Based on the throngs of people I've seen at LAS around midnight, it certainly seems like there is a market.

I a bit surprised they didn't add DFW. NK seems somewhat schizophrenic in that market - you never know what they are going to do. Looks as if they can do this with one gate, though any delays they are going to have some timing issues. Still overall good for BNA bargain hunters.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:50 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
HeyHey wrote:
It looks like everything is 1x daily each way. Pulled dates and times from November:

BNA - LAS: 9:45PM - 11:35PM
LAS - BNA: 11:50PM - 5:20AM

BNA - MCO: 1:20PM - 4:20PM
MCO - BNA: 7:55PM - 8:50PM

BNA - MSY: 9:10AM - 10:35AM
MSY - BNA: 12:05PM - 1:30PM

BNA - BWI: 8:35PM - 11:15PM
BWI - BNA: 7:30AM - 8:20AM

BNA - FLL: 2:15PM - 5:32PM
FLL - BNA: 6:25PM - 7:45PM

BNA - TPA: 8:00AM - 10:45AM
TPA - BNA: 11:35AM - 12:25PM

The BNA - LAS times seem really bad. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I would ever take that flight out there. Any cost savings are going to be eaten up by an additional night in the hotel. Maybe there's a market that is looking for those times and I'm just not part of it.


Based on the throngs of people I've seen at LAS around midnight, it certainly seems like there is a market.

I a bit surprised they didn't add DFW. NK seems somewhat schizophrenic in that market - you never know what they are going to do. Looks as if they can do this with one gate, though any delays they are going to have some timing issues. Still overall good for BNA bargain hunters.


There’s no doubt we’ll see more from NK, it’s just we might be waiting until more gates and counter space open up.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
HeyHey wrote:
It looks like everything is 1x daily each way. Pulled dates and times from November:

BNA - LAS: 9:45PM - 11:35PM
LAS - BNA: 11:50PM - 5:20AM

BNA - MCO: 1:20PM - 4:20PM
MCO - BNA: 7:55PM - 8:50PM

BNA - MSY: 9:10AM - 10:35AM
MSY - BNA: 12:05PM - 1:30PM

BNA - BWI: 8:35PM - 11:15PM
BWI - BNA: 7:30AM - 8:20AM

BNA - FLL: 2:15PM - 5:32PM
FLL - BNA: 6:25PM - 7:45PM

BNA - TPA: 8:00AM - 10:45AM
TPA - BNA: 11:35AM - 12:25PM

The BNA - LAS times seem really bad. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I would ever take that flight out there. Any cost savings are going to be eaten up by an additional night in the hotel. Maybe there's a market that is looking for those times and I'm just not part of it.


Based on the throngs of people I've seen at LAS around midnight, it certainly seems like there is a market.

I a bit surprised they didn't add DFW. NK seems somewhat schizophrenic in that market - you never know what they are going to do. Looks as if they can do this with one gate, though any delays they are going to have some timing issues. Still overall good for BNA bargain hunters.


There’s no doubt we’ll see more from NK, it’s just we might be waiting until more gates and counter space open up.


Yep, BNA was already bursting at the seams and now this will make it even more so.

Time to floor it on the expansion(s), including the proposed expansion of A in the new master plan.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos