Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

southwest1675

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

Based on the throngs of people I've seen at LAS around midnight, it certainly seems like there is a market.

I a bit surprised they didn't add DFW. NK seems somewhat schizophrenic in that market - you never know what they are going to do. Looks as if they can do this with one gate, though any delays they are going to have some timing issues. Still overall good for BNA bargain hunters.

There’s no doubt we’ll see more from NK, it’s just we might be waiting until more gates and counter space open up.

Yep, BNA was already bursting at the seams and now this will make it even more so.

Time to floor it on the expansion(s), including the proposed expansion of A in the new master plan.

As far as the pace of expansion goes, they’re really going at it now. Sometime later this year, you’ll see the ticketing hall looking quite odd. I also heard the Southwest side will be demolished in a few months. The A expansion is probably gonna come around 2024.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:51 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

There’s no doubt we’ll see more from NK, it’s just we might be waiting until more gates and counter space open up.

Yep, BNA was already bursting at the seams and now this will make it even more so.

Time to floor it on the expansion(s), including the proposed expansion of A in the new master plan.

As far as the pace of expansion goes, they’re really going at it now. Sometime later this year, you’ll see the ticketing hall looking quite odd. I also heard the Southwest side will be demolished in a few months. The A expansion is probably gonna come around 2024.

I believe the terminal lobby/security and IAB construction will start late this year or early next, so that may be what’s going on.

Since WN is taking all of D, the expansion A is needed now since they have no more room for new carriers. However, A can’t be rebuilt and expanded until the new IAB is open. Lots of stuff needed in a short amount of time.
Last edited by Fargo on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

I believe the terminal lobby/security and IAB construction will start late this year or early next, so that may be what’s going on.

The terminal wings, Concourse D, parking garage, and final touches on the apron expansion are being done right now. The lobby and the IAB are supposed to start next year. That’s going to be the interesting part. Expect BNA to be a complete disaster these next 2-3 years. I’m glad to see NK finally make their way to Nashville. It’s been kinda quiet these last few months as far as new announcements ago. I’m gonna go ahead and say BNA hits 18 million this year.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

The terminal wings, Concourse D, parking garage, and final touches on the apron expansion are being done right now. The lobby and the IAB are supposed to start next year. That’s going to be the interesting part. Expect BNA to be a complete disaster these next 2-3 years.

They don’t have a fact sheet pdf for the Lobby/IAB on the BNA Vision website. I want to know how the construction is gonna be staged to minimize disruption. That’s gonna be a hot mess.

EvanWSFO

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:51 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

The terminal wings, Concourse D, parking garage, and final touches on the apron expansion are being done right now. The lobby and the IAB are supposed to start next year. That’s going to be the interesting part. Expect BNA to be a complete disaster these next 2-3 years. I’m glad to see NK finally make their way to Nashville. It’s been kinda quiet these last few months as far as new announcements ago. I’m gonna go ahead and say BNA hits 18 million this year.

Given this announcement, and the impending ticket lobby and IAB extension, I can't imagine anyone can pack many more flights in. WN seems the most likely. You are correct, it's going to be a zoo for a few years.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

Given this announcement, and the impending ticket lobby and IAB extension, I can't imagine anyone can pack many more flights in. WN seems the most likely. You are correct, it's going to be a zoo for a few years.

Now that NK is in town, I don't see who else could come to Nashville. The next new occupants will be international carriers. Volaris, Condor, and JAL seem like contenders for the future. I wonder what Contour has planned for BNA. Could they try pulling a 90's American Eagle type of operation? We are their home after all.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

dafunk10

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Delta officially announced BNA as a focus city at Jumpstart today. Plans to grow capacity by 10% this year. Sounds like it’s an upgauging approach as opposed to more routes.

Also upgraded BOS to a hub, and added SJC as a focus city (joining RDU, AUS, CVG & BNA).

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... th-458669/

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
Delta officially announced BNA as a focus city at Jumpstart today. Plans to grow capacity by 10% this year. Sounds like it’s an upgauging approach as opposed to more routes.

Also upgraded BOS to a hub, and added SJC as a focus city (joining RDU, AUS, CVG & BNA).

I’d assume mainline to NYC and TATL service are on the to do list for DL in Nashville.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

dafunk10

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:57 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:

I’d assume mainline to NYC and TATL service are on the to do list for DL in Nashville.

The A220 seems like a perfect plane for BNA-NYC routes, but seems like they're mostly focused on introducing those out west.

An AUS flight makes sense once they start adding routes there.

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:01 pm

I’m not quite sure if new destinations from BNA on their radar, but IND, AUS, and maybe even SJC could be logical adds.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

skyharborshome

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:42 pm

I fly BNA-PHX a lot via whatever DL hub makes sense that day. I will tell you I see many, many of the same people on my originating and connecting flights. AA has neglected this route for way too long. DL has a new concourse in PHX and has added a lot of flights lately. One or even two daily would pull a lot of people from AA and maybe even WN. I do not think it will happen short-term however we need an alternate to WN on this route.
Fly CHD!

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
I fly BNA-PHX a lot via whatever DL hub makes sense that day. I will tell you I see many, many of the same people on my originating and connecting flights. AA has neglected this route for way too long. DL has a new concourse in PHX and has added a lot of flights lately. One or even two daily would pull a lot of people from AA and maybe even WN. I do not think it will happen short-term however we need an alternate to WN on this route.

Funny, I am looking to go to Arizona in September and was looking at routes. It annoys the heck out of me AA doesn't serve that route. It is the only major US3 hub not served from BNA (excluding UA at LAX, which is more of a regional hub/glorified focus city at best).

EvanWSFO

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:

This should move them past AA as the #2 carrier in Nashville. I can't recall the last time AA added a new city. NEED MORE GATES. :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:
Last edited by EvanWSFO on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 pm

So let's recap todays news:

1. NK finally entered the market

2. BA is upping to 5x weekly in the winter

3. DL has made BNA a "focus city" (even though I don't think there will be a lot of new p2p flying with this)

Great day for BNA.

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 pm

I kinda wish AA would cut a mainline frequency to MIA, and send that bird to PHX. It’s a huge whole for both markets, and I have no clue. I was always told it’s because of LAX. BNA-LAX is such a money maker, that AA feels that if they added PHX, it would jeopardize revenue gained from the LA service.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Fargo

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:52 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I kinda wish AA would cut a mainline frequency to MIA, and send that bird to PHX. It’s a huge whole for both markets, and I have no clue. I was always told it’s because of LAX. BNA-LAX is such a money maker, that AA feels that if they added PHX, it would jeopardize revenue gained from the LA service.

I think they will, PHX is a route that needs another carrier on it.

southwest1675

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm

I wonder if BNA is in the running for flights to either YUL or YVR.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 am

southwest1675 wrote:
I wonder if BNA is in the running for flights to either YUL or YVR.

I think YVR maybe by WS 2x weekly, seasonally might work. Not as sue about YUL. Then again, with the last couple of days, who knows what will happen.

Lexy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:00 am

Eh, BNA is only good because of all the connecting traffic.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Hey Lexy - WN would not be flying 129-140 daily departures without significant connecting traffic. BNA has 32k departing seats/day and a CSA population of 2.1M. To fill all those seats that means everyone in the CSA needs to take 5.5 departing flights every year...... Business + Tourism/Conventions at BNA is probably 10M-12M pax/year. The rest are connecting...mostly WN. You can believe what you want. If I were a network planner at BNA for WN, AA and UA....would be getting a bit nervous about yields on routes that compete with all the ULCC's that have entered the market.

Midwestindy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Hey Lexy - WN would not be flying 129-140 daily departures without significant connecting traffic. BNA has 32k departing seats/day and a CSA population of 2.1M. To fill all those seats that means everyone in the CSA needs to take 5.5 departing flights every year...... Business + Tourism/Conventions at BNA is probably 10M-12M pax/year. The rest are connecting...mostly WN. You can believe what you want. If I were a network planner at BNA for WN, AA and UA....would be getting a bit nervous about yields on routes that compete with all the ULCC's that have entered the market.

:spin:
ORD & IND

AA & DL

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 pm

MidwestIndy - for someone who believes: IND will get NS to Asia; bases all route posts on PDEW; believes Fedex will one day make IND bigger than MEM and that IND finished in top 3 for Amazon HQ2...the spinning head truly does fit your posts

Midwestindy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
MidwestIndy - for someone who believes: IND will get NS to Asia; bases all route posts on PDEW; believes Fedex will one day make IND bigger than MEM and that IND finished in top 3 for Amazon HQ2...the spinning head truly does fit your posts

:spin:

Should we dissect some of your posts? I think it would be quite entertaining :stirthepot:
Last edited by Midwestindy on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ORD & IND

AA & DL

runner13

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Got him

Lexy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:

How’s that one a day subsidized LAX flight doing?
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Hey, Lexy...my understanding is that it is doing very well...exceeding expectations. SDF grew PAX 11% 18 v 17; 19 v 18 started 14% growth. All of that is O&D. How many more bachelorette parties will be drawn to Nashville with that 15% increase in seats? Do pedal taverns have a higher load factor than airline seats at Nashville? All kidding aside...the positive news for Nashville/BNA seems to never stop.

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Go ahead and disect Midwest Indy (aka knows more about air service than Boyd International and actual airline network planners) LOL

Midwestindy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Go ahead and disect Midwest Indy (aka knows more about air service than Boyd International and actual airline network planners) LOL

Here are some cute ones:

"Not sure UA is looking for an SE hub/focus, but if they were would suggest SDF, MEM and BHM are the candidates"
"RDU/GSO are too far East...and would "compete' with IAD. UA would look further west. MEM, BHM, SDF are the only candidates that would make sense"

"Would be great for WN to bring back STL-SDF. While at it...bring back SDF-BHM....and add frequencies SDF-MDW and new add SDF-MKE"

"Have no idea how AS is doing on SEA-CHS or SFO-RDU....but a short stop at SDF from RDU and CHS...with x-connect to SEA/SFO (and reverse) seems like it could make sense and make those routes stronger? Maybe allow for 2/day on both routes as well.

If not AS.....DL should take a look at the same thing"

"Expanding on that prediction a bit...DL should look at:
LAX-SDF-RIC or ORF
BOS-SDF-MEM or OKC
SFO-SDF-CHS or RDU
SEA-SDF-CHS or RDU"

"Dude....according to the US Census...Nashville's growth is cooling. There is a huge amount of development going on in Nashville....the bubble is about to burst. (Cost of living, traffic and over-building are all symptoms of the bust to come...it happens to every city that grows like Nashville has grown). Conjecture about passenger numbers? Huh. WN connects at least 3-4M passengers per year at BNA. None of this is anti-Nashville. It is facts."

Sarcastic or not, you have quite the track record to say anything about anyone else's posts, especially on the BNA thread
ORD & IND

AA & DL

reednavy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:

Let me ask you a simple and direct question. Why do you seem so pressed and infatuated with BNA's numbers and trying to find a justification/reasoning to dismiss what is given out directly by the airlines and the airport itself?

gsg013

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:

The A220 seems like a perfect plane for BNA-NYC routes, but seems like they're mostly focused on introducing those out west.

An AUS flight makes sense once they start adding routes there.

I'm flying the A220 on DL tomorrow for the first time BNA-DTW-EWR (on the DTW-EWR Leg A220) I will report back on how it is. I agree A220 would be good on BNA-LGA that being said it only has 12 F seats most times I take it the BNA-LGA flight goes out all or most seats in F paid and not off the upgrade list. I wonder if they want to restrict F capacity or try an A320 or 737 with 16 F seats to get a bit more yield up in F.

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Midwest Indy - thanks for the disections. Bluegrass60 wrote:

Here are some cute ones: (they are cute but have basis in truth)

"Not sure UA is looking for an SE hub/focus, but if they were would suggest SDF, MEM and BHM are the candidates"
"RDU/GSO are too far East...and would "compete' with IAD. UA would look further west. MEM, BHM, SDF are the only candidates that would make sense"
- in answer to people who think BNA is the only location UA would consider for a Hub. Did you know that both SDF and BHM were seriously considered for the AA hub that went to BNA... in the 80's.??

"Would be great for WN to bring back STL-SDF. While at it...bring back SDF-BHM....and add frequencies SDF-MDW and new add SDF-MKE"
- SDF has had all that service before on WN except MKE which was MWExpress. STL has suggested SDF is a route they are trying to get back. IND published a list of short hauls they want....including CVG, STL and CMH..LOL

"Have no idea how AS is doing on SEA-CHS or SFO-RDU....but a short stop at SDF from RDU and CHS...with x-connect to SEA/SFO (and reverse) seems like it could make sense and make those routes stronger? Maybe allow for 2/day on both routes as well.

If not AS.....DL should take a look at the same thing"
- the carriers used to do this type of direct routing.....why not rethink on long thin routes?

"Expanding on that prediction a bit...DL should look at:
LAX-SDF-RIC or ORF
BOS-SDF-MEM or OKC
SFO-SDF-CHS or RDU
SEA-SDF-CHS or RDU"
- same logic as above

"Dude....according to the US Census...Nashville's growth is cooling. There is a huge amount of development going on in Nashville....the bubble is about to burst. (Cost of living, traffic and over-building are all symptoms of the bust to come...it happens to every city that grows like Nashville has grown). Conjecture about passenger numbers? Huh. WN connects at least 3-4M passengers per year at BNA. None of this is anti-Nashville. It is facts."
- all true. Even Nashville media is questioning the sanity of their growth

Sarcastic or not, you have quite the track record to say anything about anyone else's posts, especially on the BNA thread
- nothing non-factual or over promoting or unrealistic

Bluegrass60

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Reednavy - because all the BNA cheerleaders accept as fact that all 16M annual passengers at BNA are O&D. The facts would suggest otherwise. BNA had 8M total PAX in 2011. That 8M included 12%+ connecting pax (mostly WN). WN has since increased their operations by @40-50 flights/day...Nashville has added 300K population. Nashville tourism has exploded. Lots of business expansions happened and to happen. All of that is great news....BUT....that does not mean BNA added 8M O&D during that time. The add is more like 2-4M O&D (and that is generous) and the balance is connecting traffic increases mostly from WN. Geeze...non of that is bad news. Fricking ATL is as big as it is because of CX traffic.....and BNA gets the added funding from the Feds because of that connecting traffic....thus BNA Vision......

southwest1675

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Reednavy - because all the BNA cheerleaders accept as fact that all 16M annual passengers at BNA are O&D. The facts would suggest otherwise. BNA had 8M total PAX in 2011. That 8M included 12%+ connecting pax (mostly WN). WN has since increased their operations by @40-50 flights/day...Nashville has added 300K population. Nashville tourism has exploded. Lots of business expansions happened and to happen. All of that is great news....BUT....that does not mean BNA added 8M O&D during that time. The add is more like 2-4M O&D (and that is generous) and the balance is connecting traffic increases mostly from WN. Geeze...non of that is bad news. Fricking ATL is as big as it is because of CX traffic.....and BNA gets the added funding from the Feds because of that connecting traffic....thus BNA Vision......

BNA CEO said 12% is connecting traffic in 2018.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:

You do realize your obsession with downplaying Nasville and its growth isn't doing much to legitimize your credibility right? You can't prove any of your claims.

dcaproducer

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:44 pm

No dog in this fight, but some facts:

IND 9,400,000 passengers (+620,000 over 2017)
BNA 15,996,000 passengers (+1,860,000 over 2017)

70% more passengers at BNA than IND in 2018

Metro Area Population (Source: Google)
Nashville 1.9 Million
Indy 2.04 Million
(For Comparison)
DTW 4.2 Million People (DTW - 35.2 Million Passengers 2018, DL large hub)
STL 2.8 Million People (STL - 15.63 Million Passengers 2018)
CLE 2.05 Million People (CLE - 9.6 Million Passengers, very close to IND)
MCI 2.2 Million People (MCI - 11.8 Million Passengers)

Sources
https://www.indystar.com/story/money/20 ... 955653002/
https://www.flynashville.com/news-and-m ... recap.aspx

southwest1675

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:19 pm

dcaproducer wrote:

Nashville 1.9 Million
Indy 2.04 Million
(For Comparison)

Sources

BNA has the tourism draw. I think people really underestimate it.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

reednavy

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:

But the facts that have been given are the very facts you're discounting, somehow. Unless you can completely prove, with 100% airline-provided figures, then you're up the creek without an orr fighting something that is completely pointless.

That said, your answer to my question is apparently because folks here take the figures given as fact, which I do as well, but I don't really give a shit if it's O&D, connections, whatever. You just seem to be yelling at a wall and expecting something different in return.

southwest1675

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:33 am

Not sure what will come of this, but I caught up with an old friend who is an above wing manager for AA at BNA. I was told that DFW-BNA-DFW is seriously being considered for the MD80 retirement trip. Nashville and Dallas were the launch markets for AA’s Super 80s back in the day. We’ll see what happens.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Not sure what will come of this, but I caught up with an old friend who is an above wing manager for AA at BNA. I was told that DFW-BNA-DFW is seriously being considered for the MD80 retirement trip. Nashville and Dallas were the launch markets for AA’s Super 80s back in the day. We’ll see what happens.

Oh man I would love to be on that flight.

GSP psgr

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm slightly surprised to hear that WN's taking all of D. I had always thought that they'd have AA taking it, leaving all of C for WN. Though I guess this way AA doesn't have to move their operations.

I hope that once WN has the gates, they'll finally make the big push to effectively make BNA their big Southeast "not-a-hub hub", adding GSP, RIC, LIT, MEM, and BHM. Outside the Southeast, PDX, IND, SLC, BDL, and maybe one of SNA or ONT would make sense as adds. Internationally....plus PUJ on a seasonal basis?

antoniemey

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:15 am

southwest1675 wrote:
dcaproducer wrote:

Nashville 1.9 Million
Indy 2.04 Million
(For Comparison)

Sources

BNA has the tourism draw. I think people really underestimate it.

BNA is apparently THE place for Bachelorette parties east of the Mississippi...
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

EvanWSFO

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:15 pm

GSP psgr wrote:
I'm slightly surprised to hear that WN's taking all of D. I had always thought that they'd have AA taking it, leaving all of C for WN. Though I guess this way AA doesn't have to move their operations.

I hope that once WN has the gates, they'll finally make the big push to effectively make BNA their big Southeast "not-a-hub hub", adding GSP, RIC, LIT, MEM, and BHM. Outside the Southeast, PDX, IND, SLC, BDL, and maybe one of SNA or ONT would make sense as adds. Internationally....plus PUJ on a seasonal basis?

I'm not sure AA can operate out of just 6 gates, but I've been using DL pretty much exclusively, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought they had at least 7 gates.

Fargo

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:21 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

I'm not sure AA can operate out of just 6 gates, but I've been using DL pretty much exclusively, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought they had at least 7 gates.

I like to know how many gates WN, AA, DL and UA use at BNA.

Cubsrule

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:27 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

They can’t. They’ve been overnighting an aircraft on one of the ex-US B gates pretty regularly.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

southwest1675

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Fargo wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:

WN - 14 Gates (20 By Summer 2020)
AA - 8 Gates (Down to 6 when new IAB is built)
DL - 6 Gates (Down to 4 when new IAB is built)
UA - 5 Gates
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Fargo

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:50 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

UA - 5 Gates

AA and DL will be able to use the IAB gates when finished to make up for the lost gates right?

southwest1675

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

UA - 5 Gates

AA and DL will be able to use the IAB gates when finished to make up for the lost gates right?

That’s what’s unknown.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Cubsrule

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:49 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

UA - 5 Gates

That’s what’s unknown.

Why wouldn’t they? Multiple international gates are a good thing but will only be needed for Saturday CUN arrivals and perhaps late afternoon for Europe for the foreseeable future.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

southwest1675

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

That’s what’s unknown.

Why wouldn’t they? Multiple international gates are a good thing but will only be needed for Saturday CUN arrivals and perhaps late afternoon for Europe for the foreseeable future.

Those gates will be compatible for domestic and international to my understanding. BNA will never need 6 international gates. Maybe AA or DL will move in there, and just happen to have 1 or two gates common use for international carriers.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:50 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

That’s what’s unknown.

Those gates will be compatible for domestic and international to my understanding. BNA will never need 6 international gates. Maybe AA or DL will move in there, and just happen to have 1 or two gates common use for international carriers.

They will have to be swing gates. My question is once work on the IAB begins, how do AA and DL keep their respective schedules with the loss of two gates each? Something has to give somewhere. MNAA might have to move some of the smaller airlines off B and to the new D, perhaps temporarily give AA a couple of gates there as well. It will be interesting.