Page 8 of 17

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:15 pm
by southwest1675
Fargo wrote:
What happened to the all mainline schedule on BNA-DFW. It seems they’ve reduced the frequency to 7x daily and are now running a CR7 permanently on the last departure.


This summer, AA will have mixes of A321s, 737s, and 80s to DFW. That one random Skywest CR7 is there so Skywest has enough flights to make BNA a crew base I’ve heard. It makes sense, a lot of regional flying at BNA is now Skywest.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:38 pm
by EMBQA
gsg013 wrote:
reednavy wrote:
BA's 789 is on its way in to kick off daily service. Exciting times as always for this booming place.


Very exciting believe F class will be popular with music stars going too and from London and beyond.... Can anyone give a breakdown on what typical First class fares are looking like on this flight with 787-9?

Not as many live here in the Nashville area then you'd think. Many live in the Los Angeles area..and those that do live here, have their own jets or access to one.I can think of three that have hangars right near where I work.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 pm
by EMBQA
antoniemey wrote:
Lexy wrote:
gsg013 wrote:

Today 3 of 5 UA EWR-BNA flights are 50 Seat ER-145's


And they’re ALWAYS late. God, please stop sending those pieces of junk here!


The planes themselves are fine... It's the fact that they're 50-seaters flying into the most congested airspace in the world that's a problem.


Spot on.. When I worked for an airline based in the Northeast we alone had more flights out of BOS then BNA has all day, all airlines combined.( well, maybe a few years ago.. BNA is growing)

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 pm
by reednavy
Fargo wrote:
What happened to the all mainline schedule on BNA-DFW. It seems they’ve reduced the frequency to 7x daily and are now running a CR7 permanently on the last departure.

It looks to go back all mainline in the warmer months coming up.

Someone that previously amended the wikipedia page actually said to not add DFW with American Eagle service as the CRJ7s are a substitution. Like, no, that's not how that works.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:10 am
by Fargo
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
What happened to the all mainline schedule on BNA-DFW. It seems they’ve reduced the frequency to 7x daily and are now running a CR7 permanently on the last departure.


This summer, AA will have mixes of A321s, 737s, and 80s to DFW. That one random Skywest CR7 is there so Skywest has enough flights to make BNA a crew base I’ve heard. It makes sense, a lot of regional flying at BNA is now Skywest.


Ridiculous. If DL can do all mainline (739's for that matter) on BNA-ATL, AA should do all mainline on BNA-DFW. If that is what it takes to have Skywest as a crew base, then they have bigger issues.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:11 am
by Fargo
gsg013 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Not a filler, it looks like DL is trying to beef up their ATL service


I see MSP going all 717 over the summer, which would put BNA at all mainline to DL hubs except JFK and LGA. Isn’t IND the same way?

Interesting to see DL expand a bit here despite being close to ATL. I wonder if one of the two airline lounges going in the new international terminal at BNA will be a bigger Sky Club?


I can only wish but I would love to see some DL mainline service on BNA-NYC.. I know they are trying to keep the yields high with the RJ frequency offered. In my dreams LGA-BNA would be on the A220-100.


Maybe someday, but DL seems reluctant to schedule any mainline on non-hub/focus city/major market flying into their NYC hubs.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 am
by Fargo
dafunk10 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Not a filler, it looks like DL is trying to beef up their ATL service


I see MSP going all 717 over the summer, which would put BNA at all mainline to DL hubs except JFK and LGA. Isn’t IND the same way?

Interesting to see DL expand a bit here despite being close to ATL. I wonder if one of the two airline lounges going in the new international terminal at BNA will be a bigger Sky Club?



I sure hope an expanded/renovated SC is in the works. The current setup gets *very* crammed during peak hours and reminds of a glorified doctors office waiting room.


Yes, the current one is like a closet, barely any room. Two new airline lounges are suppose to be constructed when the terminal lobby/IAB is built out, I am wondering if those are replacements for the Sky Club and Admirals Club respectively or if they are two new lounges. No one seems to have any info right now.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:30 am
by dfdubflyer
I saw a board walking by the sky club last night saying they’re getting a larger space in 2020

The airport was slammed last night. Concourse B is getting widened right? It needs it in a real way.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:44 am
by southwest1675
Original D Concourse is getting demolished right now. I think they bailed on widening the B Concourse.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:49 am
by Atlwarrior
InopGauge wrote:
Some pictures of BNA on 9/11. Sorry for the poor quality.
https://ibb.co/album/kLJKQa


Oh my. The old Delta livery. They should bring it back.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:17 am
by Fargo
dfdubflyer wrote:
I saw a board walking by the sky club last night saying they’re getting a larger space in 2020

The airport was slammed last night. Concourse B is getting widened right? It needs it in a real way.


Are you sure it was 2020 and not 2023? The new IAB won’t be open until then.

Yes, B will be widened eventually, but not until after BNA Vision. The new master plan being prepared has A being demolished and replaced with a new, wider L shaped concourse with 9-10 additional gates and B will be widened then.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:07 pm
by gsg013
Fargo wrote:
gsg013 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

I see MSP going all 717 over the summer, which would put BNA at all mainline to DL hubs except JFK and LGA. Isn’t IND the same way?

Interesting to see DL expand a bit here despite being close to ATL. I wonder if one of the two airline lounges going in the new international terminal at BNA will be a bigger Sky Club?


I can only wish but I would love to see some DL mainline service on BNA-NYC.. I know they are trying to keep the yields high with the RJ frequency offered. In my dreams LGA-BNA would be on the A220-100.


Maybe someday, but DL seems reluctant to schedule any mainline on non-hub/focus city/major market flying into their NYC hubs.


You are right about this.. Out of LGA the mainline is to hub's, Florida, New Orleans & Denver, Houston, & Dallas. (Am I missing any) I know MSY is a focus city... but they get A320 I do think eventually DL will grow capacity marginally at LGA by moving some of the 75 seat flying up to small mainline. (I think in many cases that is the point of the A220). May not happen this year but down the road.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 pm
by Fargo
gsg013 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
gsg013 wrote:

I can only wish but I would love to see some DL mainline service on BNA-NYC.. I know they are trying to keep the yields high with the RJ frequency offered. In my dreams LGA-BNA would be on the A220-100.


Maybe someday, but DL seems reluctant to schedule any mainline on non-hub/focus city/major market flying into their NYC hubs.


You are right about this.. Out of LGA the mainline is to hub's, Florida, New Orleans & Denver, Houston, & Dallas. (Am I missing any) I know MSY is a focus city... but they get A320 I do think eventually DL will grow capacity marginally at LGA by moving some of the 75 seat flying up to small mainline. (I think in many cases that is the point of the A220). May not happen this year but down the road.


MSY isn’t a focus city, it’s simply a large spoke, they don’t even have SEA year round. But yes, perhaps they will replace the E75s with A220s on BNA-LGA eventually, but that is a few years away at the soonest.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:22 pm
by Cubsrule
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
What happened to the all mainline schedule on BNA-DFW. It seems they’ve reduced the frequency to 7x daily and are now running a CR7 permanently on the last departure.


This summer, AA will have mixes of A321s, 737s, and 80s to DFW. That one random Skywest CR7 is there so Skywest has enough flights to make BNA a crew base I’ve heard. It makes sense, a lot of regional flying at BNA is now Skywest.


Ridiculous. If DL can do all mainline (739's for that matter) on BNA-ATL, AA should do all mainline on BNA-DFW. If that is what it takes to have Skywest as a crew base, then they have bigger issues.


I expect it's a rotation for maintenance. I'm not in a spot where I can do the work right now, but I expect that you will find fewer CR7s on other routes in the time period during which a CR7 operates to DFW. I'm not sure why that is ridiculous. BNA-DFW has seen a ton of upgauging in the past five years and they need to get the airplane here somehow. Would you rather they fly it empty so they can claim to be all mainline on the scheduled flights to DFW? That doesn't make any sense.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:25 pm
by Cubsrule
Atlwarrior wrote:
InopGauge wrote:
Some pictures of BNA on 9/11. Sorry for the poor quality.
https://ibb.co/album/kLJKQa


Oh my. The old Delta livery. They should bring it back.


While it feels a little inappropriate to enjoy the pictures given the circumstances under which they were taken, there are a number of interesting things in those shots including also the transitional WN Canyon Blue livery (where the front of the tail is the same color as the fuselages in the old livery) and a Great Plains 328Jet.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm
by southwest1675
Cubsrule wrote:
Atlwarrior wrote:
InopGauge wrote:
Some pictures of BNA on 9/11. Sorry for the poor quality.
https://ibb.co/album/kLJKQa


Oh my. The old Delta livery. They should bring it back.


While it feels a little inappropriate to enjoy the pictures given the circumstances under which they were taken, there are a number of interesting things in those shots including also the transitional WN Canyon Blue livery (where the front of the tail is the same color as the fuselages in the old livery) and a Great Plains 328Jet.


It’s also neat to see the exterior of the terminal so clean and white. If you ever see it from a ramp perspective today, it’s pretty dirty, and could use some fresh paint. Supposedly, it will get painted a gray color of some type to match the rest of the new airport.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm
by ilovelamp
Midwestindy wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
BNA-ATL is going all B739 starting in September


Is this just a filler or is this the actual schedule?

Also, is BNA-MSP going all 717 this summer?


Not a filler, it looks like DL is trying to beef up their ATL service


The 739s are a good fit in between the 88/90s and the 757s we tried last fall. Happy to see newer aircraft on my commute!


ILL

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:11 pm
by flymco753
BNA-DTW has a mix of A320s and 717s too. Used to have at least 2 RJs but that seems like it's no more. Perhaps this is part of Delta's strategy to get more mainline flying in stations like ORD, AUS, RDU, & BNA.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm
by EvanWSFO
Cubsrule wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

This summer, AA will have mixes of A321s, 737s, and 80s to DFW. That one random Skywest CR7 is there so Skywest has enough flights to make BNA a crew base I’ve heard. It makes sense, a lot of regional flying at BNA is now Skywest.


Ridiculous. If DL can do all mainline (739's for that matter) on BNA-ATL, AA should do all mainline on BNA-DFW. If that is what it takes to have Skywest as a crew base, then they have bigger issues.


I expect it's a rotation for maintenance. I'm not in a spot where I can do the work right now, but I expect that you will find fewer CR7s on other routes in the time period during which a CR7 operates to DFW. I'm not sure why that is ridiculous. BNA-DFW has seen a ton of upgauging in the past five years and they need to get the airplane here somehow. Would you rather they fly it empty so they can claim to be all mainline on the scheduled flights to DFW? That doesn't make any sense.


I looked at some dates in July/August, DFW is all mainline, including A321's.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:34 pm
by EvanWSFO
Cubsrule wrote:
Fargo wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

This summer, AA will have mixes of A321s, 737s, and 80s to DFW. That one random Skywest CR7 is there so Skywest has enough flights to make BNA a crew base I’ve heard. It makes sense, a lot of regional flying at BNA is now Skywest.


Ridiculous. If DL can do all mainline (739's for that matter) on BNA-ATL, AA should do all mainline on BNA-DFW. If that is what it takes to have Skywest as a crew base, then they have bigger issues.


I expect it's a rotation for maintenance. I'm not in a spot where I can do the work right now, but I expect that you will find fewer CR7s on other routes in the time period during which a CR7 operates to DFW. I'm not sure why that is ridiculous. BNA-DFW has seen a ton of upgauging in the past five years and they need to get the airplane here somehow. Would you rather they fly it empty so they can claim to be all mainline on the scheduled flights to DFW? That doesn't make any sense.


I looked at some dates in July/August, DFW is all mainline, including A321's.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:17 pm
by gsg013
ilovelamp wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Fargo wrote:

Is this just a filler or is this the actual schedule?

Also, is BNA-MSP going all 717 this summer?


Not a filler, it looks like DL is trying to beef up their ATL service


The 739s are a good fit in between the 88/90s and the 757s we tried last fall. Happy to see newer aircraft on my commute!


ILL


Agree I loved having the 757-200 on the route but that is a bit too much plane for a 214 mile hop... The other thing to realize is DL has stored/parked/retired about 40 MD-88's in the past year most of these flights that were MD-88 that now are parked are being replaced by 737-900ER or the A321. I am not sure why the A321's dont come to BNA from ATL but think they decided to go with the 737 on the route going forward.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:03 pm
by southwest1675
Isn’t there an A321 showing up for DTW this summer?

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 pm
by gsg013
southwest1675 wrote:
Isn’t there an A321 showing up for DTW this summer?


I think your right re DTW A321 on DL I know one of my connections home this summer from DTW-BNA is A320 but I think it is very rare to see A321 on ATL-BNA-ATL.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:40 am
by dfdubflyer
Fargo wrote:
dfdubflyer wrote:
I saw a board walking by the sky club last night saying they’re getting a larger space in 2020

The airport was slammed last night. Concourse B is getting widened right? It needs it in a real way.


Are you sure it was 2020 and not 2023? The new IAB won’t be open until then.

Yes, B will be widened eventually, but not until after BNA Vision. The new master plan being prepared has A being demolished and replaced with a new, wider L shaped concourse with 9-10 additional gates and B will be widened then.


Could have been - I didn’t break stride to look - but thought it was 2020.

That’s long-term expansion they’re studying. I looked it up to make sure I wasnt mis-remembering and BNA Vision includes:

“Increase size from 85,777 sf to 108,254 sf by widening concourse to increase efficiency and accommodate up-gaged aircraft.
- Reduce number of gates from 13 gates to 10 due to the creation of Concourse T.
- Refresh aesthetics and concessions to compliment other terminal improvements and improve passenger amenities.”

Looks like that portion should be complete based on their timeline by 2024. That said, who knows if you don’t just wait to do anything like that at all if you’re already studying adding more gates.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:48 pm
by bnatraveler
1220CT

General Departure Delays: at [BNA] Due to [ TM Initiatives:Metering:VOL ] traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 15 minutes and 29 minutes in length and increasing.

What's going on? No weather issues.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:52 pm
by flymco753
bnatraveler wrote:
1220CT

General Departure Delays: at [BNA] Due to [ TM Initiatives:Metering:VOL ] traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 15 minutes and 29 minutes in length and increasing.

What's going on? No weather issues.
Perhaps a result in the lack of gate space?

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 pm
by dafunk10
bnatraveler wrote:
1220CT

General Departure Delays: at [BNA] Due to [ TM Initiatives:Metering:VOL ] traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 15 minutes and 29 minutes in length and increasing.

What's going on? No weather issues.



I’m on DL flight to ATL, which was just held ~25 mins due to traffic in ATL

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:01 pm
by AviationGeek78
dafunk10 wrote:
bnatraveler wrote:
1220CT

General Departure Delays: at [BNA] Due to [ TM Initiatives:Metering:VOL ] traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 15 minutes and 29 minutes in length and increasing.

What's going on? No weather issues.



I’m on DL flight to ATL, which was just held ~25 mins due to traffic in ATL


That is normal. They also pad their flight times. Airports in close proximity to ATL generally don't get a wheels up time if you will until push back.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 pm
by Lexy
Block & turn times per gate are there for a reason. That's why you're waiting. Moving a flight from one gate to another is truly a pain in the butt so to avoid doing that, they put a wheels up on the flight and to also meter arrivals.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:48 pm
by Lexy

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm
by runner13
We’re down to two runways. One for arrivals and one for departures. Traffic will get backed up at times but not 15-30 mins.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 pm
by southwest1675
Lexy wrote:


Should dedicate that photo to the folks on Anet who said Nashville would never get BA, let alone London service again.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 am
by dfdubflyer
southwest1675 wrote:
Lexy wrote:


Should dedicate that photo to the folks on Anet who said Nashville would never get BA, let alone London service again.


Yep, Nashville will never get a TATL flight bc we’re too small/backwards, who wild want to visit hee haw, STL/IND is next, the flight is only due to subsidies, it will be canceled, and it will never go daily or be upgauged.

Of course, we can thank all those connecting passengers interlining from WN for its success.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm
by runner13
It was nice for the airport to recognize allergy season and light up the parking garage the color of pollen last night.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm
by AviationGeek78
runner13 wrote:
It was nice for the airport to recognize allergy season and light up the parking garage the color of pollen last night.


You sure it wasn't the effect of all the pollen covering it? hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:43 pm
by southwest1675
I can tell they’re picking up pace with construction at the airport.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:30 pm
by Fargo
southwest1675 wrote:
I can tell they’re picking up pace with construction at the airport.


It better be, the new terminal lobby/IAB needs to begin construction ASAP so all the supporting projects (i.e, D and the taxiway/tarmac infill) need to get done.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 pm
by HeyHey
The February passenger numbers have been released. Growth continues to happen at a really fast rate.

February 2018 - 1,013,376

February 2019 - 1,171,690 +15.5%

Airport load factor for the month was 79.4%, down 1.1 percentage points from February of 2018. It looks like all the added 2018 capacity is being absorbed.

We now have data for 8 months for fiscal year 2019. So far BNA is +14.8% for the fiscal year and is on pace to have ~17 million passenger for the fiscal year. Calendar year 2019 should see BNA pass 18 million passengers.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm
by dafunk10
There’s been a pretty sizable gap between airports like BNA/AUS/DAL and the next group (PDX/HNL/TPA)....I figured it’d take a year or two for BNA and AUS to get within striking distance of PDX, but it may be close this year.

Can’t wait to see what April figures look like.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm
by dafunk10
Also following up on the SkyClub comment before, just walked in and saw the sign someone else referenced. Reads as below:

“REVAMPING YOUR RETREAT

Expanded Nashville club featuring renovated restrooms, new food and beverage experience, and additional 10,000 square feet coming in 2020.”


Also has a picture of an updated, modern setup. Pretty excited about this.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:19 pm
by Fargo
dafunk10 wrote:
Also following up on the SkyClub comment before, just walked in and saw the sign someone else referenced. Reads as below:

“REVAMPING YOUR RETREAT

Expanded Nashville club featuring renovated restrooms, new food and beverage experience, and additional 10,000 square feet coming in 2020.”


Also has a picture of an updated, modern setup. Pretty excited about this.


What the heck, an additional 10,000 SF????

Where are they going to put that space? And that’s an awful lot of space for a mere spoke in DL’s network. Are you sure you read that right?

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:30 pm
by Cubsrule
Fargo wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
Also following up on the SkyClub comment before, just walked in and saw the sign someone else referenced. Reads as below:

“REVAMPING YOUR RETREAT

Expanded Nashville club featuring renovated restrooms, new food and beverage experience, and additional 10,000 square feet coming in 2020.”


Also has a picture of an updated, modern setup. Pretty excited about this.


What the heck, an additional 10,000 SF????

Where are they going to put that space? And that’s an awful lot of space for a mere spoke in DL’s network. Are you sure you read that right?


One of the less-discussed consequences of upgauging, I think, is that there are more peaks in demand for the Skyclub. At times of day where there are a 752 to ATL, a 320 to DTW, and a couple of large RJ flights leaving around the same time, it’s not nice in there.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm
by dafunk10
Fargo wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
Also following up on the SkyClub comment before, just walked in and saw the sign someone else referenced. Reads as below:

“REVAMPING YOUR RETREAT

Expanded Nashville club featuring renovated restrooms, new food and beverage experience, and additional 10,000 square feet coming in 2020.”


Also has a picture of an updated, modern setup. Pretty excited about this.


What the heck, an additional 10,000 SF????

Where are they going to put that space? And that’s an awful lot of space for a mere spoke in DL’s network. Are you sure you read that right?



Definitely read it right. I took a pic but not sure how to upload it onto this platform. Makes you wonder what DL’s short/long term plans for BNA are outside of the recent upgauging.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:24 pm
by Fargo
dafunk10 wrote:
Definitely read it right. I took a pic but not sure how to upload it onto this platform. Makes you wonder what DL’s short/long term plans for BNA are outside of the recent upgauging.


You can just upload it to a free image hosting site and then put the link in between this . I am curious to see that sign now.

Cubsrule wrote:
One of the less-discussed consequences of upgauging, I think, is that there are more peaks in demand for the Skyclub. At times of day where there are a 752 to ATL, a 320 to DTW, and a couple of large RJ flights leaving around the same time, it’s not nice in there.


True, and I agree the Nashville club needs a major expansion, but 10,000 sq ft is a lot for spoke (I don't even think some of their hub Sky Clubs measure at that much). If it were 6,000 sq ft, that would be different,

I would be beyond shocked if DL ever elevated BNA to the level of a true focus city in the style of RDU, it wouldn't really make a lick of sense.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm
by jplatts
Fargo wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
One of the less-discussed consequences of upgauging, I think, is that there are more peaks in demand for the Skyclub. At times of day where there are a 752 to ATL, a 320 to DTW, and a couple of large RJ flights leaving around the same time, it’s not nice in there.


True, and I agree the Nashville club needs a major expansion, but 10,000 sq ft is a lot for spoke (I don't even think some of their hub Sky Clubs measure at that much). If it were 6,000 sq ft, that would be different,


DL has Sky Clubs at some airports other than its current hubs or focus cities, including at ORD, DEN, DFW, FLL, IND, JAX, MEM, MIA, MKE, MSY, EWR, PHL, PHX, PDX, SAN, SFO, TPA, and DCA. There is also a DL Sky Club under construction at AUS that is scheduled to open this summer.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:00 pm
by dafunk10
Here it is

Image

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm
by Fargo
jplatts wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
One of the less-discussed consequences of upgauging, I think, is that there are more peaks in demand for the Skyclub. At times of day where there are a 752 to ATL, a 320 to DTW, and a couple of large RJ flights leaving around the same time, it’s not nice in there.


True, and I agree the Nashville club needs a major expansion, but 10,000 sq ft is a lot for spoke (I don't even think some of their hub Sky Clubs measure at that much). If it were 6,000 sq ft, that would be different,


DL has Sky Clubs at some airports other than its current hubs or focus cities, including at ORD, DEN, DFW, FLL, IND, JAX, MEM, MIA, MKE, MSY, EWR, PHL, PHX, PDX, SAN, SFO, TPA, and DCA. There is also a DL Sky Club under construction at AUS that is scheduled to open this summer.


I know that DL has Sky Clubs at non hub/focus city airports, but I am saying Nashville getting a 10,000 square foot club is pretty excessive for a non-hub/focus city, unless DL has bigger plans for Nashville long term.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:08 pm
by Fargo
dafunk10 wrote:
Here it is

Image


Odd that it's not appearing on this site, but I saw it on the link

https://ibb.co/J2PdqB3 (for anyone that can't see it).

All I have to say is I'm stunned. Where is that going to go?

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:23 pm
by Cubsrule
Fargo wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Fargo wrote:

True, and I agree the Nashville club needs a major expansion, but 10,000 sq ft is a lot for spoke (I don't even think some of their hub Sky Clubs measure at that much). If it were 6,000 sq ft, that would be different,


DL has Sky Clubs at some airports other than its current hubs or focus cities, including at ORD, DEN, DFW, FLL, IND, JAX, MEM, MIA, MKE, MSY, EWR, PHL, PHX, PDX, SAN, SFO, TPA, and DCA. There is also a DL Sky Club under construction at AUS that is scheduled to open this summer.


I know that DL has Sky Clubs at non hub/focus city airports, but I am saying Nashville getting a 10,000 square foot club is pretty excessive for a non-hub/focus city, unless DL has bigger plans for Nashville long term.


I think, though, that you're ignoring the broader reality of the BNA Sky Club versus many other outstation clubs. The footprint is essentially the same as it was 15 years ago, when BNA was pretty much just another station in the southeast for DL. Relative to the size of the airline/other stations, BNA was actually larger for NW than for DL pre-merger. It was one of the few NW outstations in the non-Florida southeast not outsourced in the 2005 bankruptcy. So, DL added tremendously to its passenger base with the merger but did not add commensurate club space.

Over the next decade, DL effectively expanded numerous outstation clubs through a combination of relocating into NW's larger spaces (e.g. ORD), relocation into other larger spaces (e.g. MKE), and new terminals (e.g. IND, JAX, RDU). BNA needs to catch up.

While I'm not sure of timing (though it won't be next week or likely even next year), DL is going to have a TATL flight at BNA at some point. That's the obvious next legacy TATL flight. That, too, requires club space.

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2019

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:33 pm
by dafunk10
Fargo wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
Here it is

Image


Odd that it's not appearing on this site, but I saw it on the link

https://ibb.co/J2PdqB3 (for anyone that can't see it).

All I have to say is I'm stunned. Where is that going to go?



I’m guessing they’ll build it out....there’s room on the apron there

In comparison to like-sized stations, the BNA SC is very small, but I just looked it up and the AUS SC will be 9,000 *total* sq ft. Not sure what the current sq footage is at BNA but the addition is bigger than what is rumored to be a new focus city at AUS.

Again, it makes me curious as to what DL’s plan long term plans are for BNA.