dcajet
Topic Author

Question about LH's 748 fleet

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:38 pm

LH has two seat configurations for the 748 fleet:

1. 8F/92C/32Y+/208Y

2. 8F/80C/32Y+/244Y

How do these two configs break down by registration #?

Thanks,
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

na

Re: Question about LH's 748 fleet

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:57 pm

dcajet wrote:
LH has two seat configurations for the 748 fleet:

1. 8F/92C/32Y+/208Y

2. 8F/80C/32Y+/244Y

How do these two configs break down by registration #?

Thanks,

They are not fix but can change from season to season. My last flights on LH 748s were in November and I can tell you that D-ABYM and D-ABYQ are in the configuration with the smaller Business class.

conaly

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 pm

Does LH use any B748 with the first mentioned layout at all? I've now had four flights on LH B748:

D-ABYP (Oct 2017 HND-FRA)
D-ABYQ (Aug 2018 FRA-GRU)
D-ABYJ (Aug 2018 GRU-FRA)
D-ABYL (Sep 2018 HND-FRA)

All of them had the second mentioned layout (not 100% sure about the 2017 flight though). And my next 748-flight to HND scheduled for next week also has the same layout. I've checked the schedules for the next few days where LH uses the 748. All possible seat reservations showed layout 2. So I guess currently all 748s are equipped with the second mentioned layout.
Airports 2019: ADB, ALG, AMD, ATL, BOS, CTS, DEL, DTW, DUS, EWR, FRA, FUK, HAM, HIJ, HND, IST, JFK, MUC, NGO, NUE, OKA, PHL, SIN, STN, YYZ
Planned 2019: BOG, CDG, FRA, MUC, NUE, ZRH

Swadian

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:44 pm

LH only flies the version with 80J and a total of 364 seats. Source: https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/compa ... tners.html.

The other version doesn't exist.

dcajet
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:25 am

Swadian wrote:
LH only flies the version with 80J and a total of 364 seats. Source: https://www.lufthansagroup.com/en/compa ... tners.html.

It did exist until not that long ago.

Question: why then do stations like EZE (the longest non stop route for LH) only see the more recent delivered ones? Say, from D-ABYL to D-ABYU? Is there a reason for that? I thought it could be the configuration, but seeing there is only one 748 config now.... Is it a matter of aircraft capability?

lhrsfosyd

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 am

dcajet wrote:
Swadian wrote:

It did exist until not that long ago.

Question: why then do stations like EZE (the longest non stop route for LH) only see the more recent delivered ones? Say, from D-ABYL to D-ABYU? Is there a reason for that? I thought it could be the configuration, but seeing there is only one 748 config now.... Is it a matter of aircraft capability?

Perhaps later deliveries are lighter and burn less fuel so are scheduled on the longest routes?

dcajet
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:41 am

lhrsfosyd wrote:

Perhaps later deliveries are lighter and burn less fuel so are scheduled on the longest routes?

I seem to remember that the first ones delivered by Boeing did not meet range specs. But I thought this was resolved.

LH707330

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:11 am

dcajet wrote:
lhrsfosyd wrote:

I seem to remember that the first ones delivered by Boeing did not meet range specs. But I thought this was resolved.

Some of the early ones were overweight and didn't have the stab tank active, which limited the range. Between a couple tonnes of weight saving and the stab tanks (YL onward, IIRC), the newer ones have a couple hundred extra nm of range.

dcajet
Topic Author

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:09 am

LH707330 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
lhrsfosyd wrote:

Some of the early ones were overweight and didn't have the stab tank active, which limited the range. Between a couple tonnes of weight saving and the stab tanks (YL onward, IIRC), the newer ones have a couple hundred extra nm of range.

Thanks. That must be the reason. D-ABYA made an appearance around the time the new livery was introduced, but never before or since that trip. Must have been LH was showing off the new colors around the network.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos