whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:12 am

YYZORD wrote:
I read the report, it mentioned that they are planning for a new concourse in terminal 1 which I assume is Pier H. I found no information towards when the entire pier would be completed as I feel it is badly needed asap.

whywhyzee wrote:
The GTAA has released their 2018 financial and statistical review. Highlights include:

O/D went up from 70.4% in 2017 to 70.8%, up 0.4% as a percentage of the entire YYZ numbers. (35.0 million, up from 33.2, 5.6% increase YoY in O/D alone, 14.5 from 13.9 [3.5% YoY] for connections)

Available seats per movement went up 2.2% from 133.3 to 136.3 seats per movement. Load factors went up 0.8% from 82.6 to 83.4%.

The link to the full document has been attached below:

https://www.torontopearson.com/uploaded ... vb-YmtCNdM


That is a long duration project, it is a huge expansion, and likely won't be completed for the better part of 5 years at least. They have begun site prep so far, so there is still a lot of work to go. Of I were to guess, I would speculate it'll slowly open in phases. Right now, the focus is pier G, which is nearing completion.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:32 pm

That's great, was about time that Pearson gets expanded. Another thing I noticed is that Pier G could be extended more south a little bit, maybe add another 5 more gates to it easily, does GTAA have plans to extend Pier G?

whywhyzee wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
I read the report, it mentioned that they are planning for a new concourse in terminal 1 which I assume is Pier H. I found no information towards when the entire pier would be completed as I feel it is badly needed asap.

whywhyzee wrote:
The GTAA has released their 2018 financial and statistical review. Highlights include:

O/D went up from 70.4% in 2017 to 70.8%, up 0.4% as a percentage of the entire YYZ numbers. (35.0 million, up from 33.2, 5.6% increase YoY in O/D alone, 14.5 from 13.9 [3.5% YoY] for connections)

Available seats per movement went up 2.2% from 133.3 to 136.3 seats per movement. Load factors went up 0.8% from 82.6 to 83.4%.

The link to the full document has been attached below:

https://www.torontopearson.com/uploaded ... vb-YmtCNdM


That is a long duration project, it is a huge expansion, and likely won't be completed for the better part of 5 years at least. They have begun site prep so far, so there is still a lot of work to go. Of I were to guess, I would speculate it'll slowly open in phases. Right now, the focus is pier G, which is nearing completion.
 
User avatar
yyz717
Posts: 15765
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm

According to the AC schedule, AC Express CR9 ops will (finally) return to YYZ on June 16th, with daily CR9 flights to MSY, YQY and 2x daily to BNA. 4x daily in total.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:56 am

Hey guys, I noticed that YYZ-MSP by DL is going mainline year round service, can someone confirm this for me? Apparently all mainline flights will be served by the 717-200. Is this the effect of the future DL & WS JV?
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:17 pm

According to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420453

NH to YYZ likely in W19. I would imagine it’ll be a daily 789.
 
kevin
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 5:03 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Toronto is quickly becoming a very bland airport. Just in the few past months these international airlines dissapeared from YYZ: Jet Airways, WoW, Saudia and soon even Austrian will stop their flights. I mean obviously Jet and WoW left for obvious reasons. I am just stating a fact that little by little YYZ is becoming a bland AC and WJ airport.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 pm

kevin wrote:
Toronto is quickly becoming a very bland airport. Just in the few past months these international airlines dissapeared from YYZ: Jet Airways, WoW, Saudia and soon even Austrian will stop their flights. I mean obviously Jet and WoW left for obvious reasons. I am just stating a fact that little by little YYZ is becoming a bland AC and WJ airport.

It’s been a rough year for sure, losing Saudia to political issues, Primera, WOW and Jet to bankruptcy, and Austrian due to a route upguaged to a JV partner. At very least Air Italy starts up next week to keep some variety feel you though, sucks to lose all these carriers, all for reasons beyond the control of YYZ, it’s not like they just pulled the routes for poor performance.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:02 am

Not to mention that NH, LX, and SK will replace these airlines at YYZ by next year!

kevin wrote:
Toronto is quickly becoming a very bland airport. Just in the few past months these international airlines dissapeared from YYZ: Jet Airways, WoW, Saudia and soon even Austrian will stop their flights. I mean obviously Jet and WoW left for obvious reasons. I am just stating a fact that little by little YYZ is becoming a bland AC and WJ airport.
 
kevin
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 5:03 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:32 pm

[quote="YYZORD"]Not to mention that NH, LX, and SK will replace these airlines at YYZ by next year!

Those are still unconfirmed rumors. Would be nice if they materialized
 
leader1
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:44 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what is the status of the additional 5/23 runway? I had heard that these plans have been put on hold. Any changes with that?
Leader-1
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:45 pm

leader1 wrote:
Not sure if this has been brought up, but what is the status of the additional 5/23 runway? I had heard that these plans have been put on hold. Any changes with that?


Put on hold. Current runway capacity is sufficient to handle more movements, it'll just get spread more out of peak times. You can see it already in the summer especially, there are two main Europe banks for example, keeps things moving better than trying to cram everyone in at once.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Air Italy's innagural MXP-YYZ was today, 6x weekly summer seasonal route.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Any update on the new pier G gates or the construction of pier H expansion?
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 3:32 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Any update on the new pier G gates or the construction of pier H expansion?


G gates open June 21st, jetbridges will not be available until September or October, so the 5 new gates will be ground loading temporarily as work is completed.

Pier H work is underway, the foundation area is being prepped.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 3:33 pm

AF to upguage from the 772 to their new A359 for the winter season, beginning on the 25th of November. I believe it's about a 5% increase in seats.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm

NZ considering AKL-YYZ with the 787-9, I could see this being viable due to the proposed JV between AC and NZ! 3x weekly is viable with the recent addition of AKL-ORD.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/new ... d=12234189
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri May 31, 2019 6:58 pm

British Airways will be increasing its London Gatwick (LGW) to Toronto Pearson (YYZ) route from 3 to 4 weekly from 15 June to 31 August 2019 on Boeing 777 aircraft. Additional Saturday flights. The route also operates on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 1307616265
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.
 
YYZLGA
Topic Author
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:28 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:11 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.


That's pretty impressive that CPH has such high capacity. If there's that much demand to Scandinavia, I wonder if a Stockholm flight could come once the 737s are back and AC has more aircraft available.
 
Duartelmatos
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:17 pm

A TAP’s A330neo is going to arrive at 10pm in Toronto.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:21 pm

YYZLGA wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.


That's pretty impressive that CPH has such high capacity. If there's that much demand to Scandinavia, I wonder if a Stockholm flight could come once the 737s are back and AC has more aircraft available.


ARN might make a lot of sense on SAS too when they get their A321neoLRs. 2018 stats aren’t out yet, but YYZ-CPH grew by 21% in 2017, and that was before the 77W which is now on it’s second summer on the route. Seems like there must be a fair bit of unserved demand, plus connection opportunities.

MUC is what impresses me the most, it went from 1x daily AC 789 and 1x daily LH A333 last summer to a daily AC 77W and a daily LH A359 this summer.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:22 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.


If we consider the 77L fleet, which has 6x daily round trips, 4 of which from YYZ, the total grows to 21 of 24 777 daily RTs are from YYZ now.
 
nname
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:27 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.


I think YVR-HKG is still 77W...?
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:34 pm

nname wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
Interesting piece of info, as of the June equipment changes for AC, all but one 77W route will now be to/from YYZ, which is the most I have personally ever seen. The only 77W route that won't touch YYZ is YUL-CDG from what I can see currently. 77Ws from YYZ are currently running daily MUC, ZRH, AMS, CPH, FRA, ICN, PEK, CDG, FCO, HND, SFO, double daily YVR and triple daily LHR.

Not only is that impressive in terms of the number of seats being offered, it's also pretty incredible utilization. 17 daily flights for 19 frames, with 3 being borderline ULH.


I think YVR-HKG is still 77W...?


You are correct, missed that one. Make it 21 of 25 total trips I suppose.
 
User avatar
longhauler
Posts: 6250
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:19 pm

YUL - FCO as well.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Duartelmatos wrote:
A TAP’s A330neo is going to arrive at 10pm in Toronto.


Is that an one off occurrence or are they switching TP259/262 to the A339 permanently?
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
Duartelmatos
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:20 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
Duartelmatos wrote:
A TAP’s A330neo is going to arrive at 10pm in Toronto.


Is that an one off occurrence or are they switching TP259/262 to the A339 permanently?


I think it was a lat minute upgrade.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Duartelmatos wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

Is that an one off occurrence or are they switching TP259/262 to the A339 permanently?


I think it was a lat minute upgrade.


Pity. I have 262 booked to a month from today. I was hoping to catch an A339 ride.
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
Duartelmatos
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
Duartelmatos wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

Is that an one off occurrence or are they switching TP259/262 to the A339 permanently?


I think it was a lat minute upgrade.


Pity. I have 262 booked to a month from today. I was hoping to catch an A339 ride.


It’s assigned an A330-200. I hope it isn’t an old one. There are only 4 in operation.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 am

AKL-YYZ by NZ is what will make YYZ closer to becoming a 2nd mega hub airport in North America after JFK as it will cover an oceania route. It's exciting that they're considering this route after the NZ and AC future JV.
 
ek241yyz
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 am

YYZORD wrote:
AKL-YYZ by NZ is what will make YYZ closer to becoming a 2nd mega hub airport in North America after JFK as it will cover an oceania route. It's exciting that they're considering this route after the NZ and AC future JV.


Those 789s are premium heavy; and making the trips (specially westbound) would be tough.
If they do start, my guess it would be via another airport in Canada or US.
Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:49 am

NZ already made ORD work pretty well, they could do 3x weekly at least to YYZ. There are no direct flights to oceania, could be used to do one stops to Australia.

ek241yyz wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
AKL-YYZ by NZ is what will make YYZ closer to becoming a 2nd mega hub airport in North America after JFK as it will cover an oceania route. It's exciting that they're considering this route after the NZ and AC future JV.


Those 789s are premium heavy; and making the trips (specially westbound) would be tough.
If they do start, my guess it would be via another airport in Canada or US.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 am

YYZORD wrote:
NZ already made ORD work pretty well, they could do 3x weekly at least to YYZ. There are no direct flights to oceania, could be used to do one stops to Australia.

ek241yyz wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
AKL-YYZ by NZ is what will make YYZ closer to becoming a 2nd mega hub airport in North America after JFK as it will cover an oceania route. It's exciting that they're considering this route after the NZ and AC future JV.


Those 789s are premium heavy; and making the trips (specially westbound) would be tough.
If they do start, my guess it would be via another airport in Canada or US.


AC 33/34 is a direct flight to Oceania. Just isn't non-stop. From YYZ, there are tons of options to get to Australia/NZ one stop, AC via YVR for example ticks all of those boxes. If AKL-YYZ were to come into existence as the CEO has suggested it may, it will have to rely primarily on local traffic. Connections will only be more viable to smaller cities lacking service to North America, such as Wellington, Christchurch, etc.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Air India is commencing a 3x Weekly ATQ-DEL-YYZ flight, beginning on September 27th of this year.

Not at all surprising, especially given 9W's demise.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Are they not allowed to fly daily to YYZ? I'm sure the market is there as 9w is gone and AC being a star alliance partner, it would work like how they fly to ORD with UA connections.

whywhyzee wrote:
Air India is commencing a 3x Weekly ATQ-DEL-YYZ flight, beginning on September 27th of this year.

Not at all surprising, especially given 9W's demise.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 pm

AC today opened their express lounge in the G pier (ground level gates east of the hammerhead) making it their 5th lounge at YYZ.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Are they not allowed to fly daily to YYZ? I'm sure the market is there as 9w is gone and AC being a star alliance partner, it would work like how they fly to ORD with UA connections.

whywhyzee wrote:
Air India is commencing a 3x Weekly ATQ-DEL-YYZ flight, beginning on September 27th of this year.

Not at all surprising, especially given 9W's demise.


I don't know of any limitations, especially since AC flies the route daily. This is the starting frequency, it can change of the route proves to be a success.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm

I can guarantee it'll turn to daily sometime and become really successful as 9w is gone and no stop in AMS, direct to DEL. YYZ before could support 2X daily to DEL before and the star alliance helps AC even more with inflow traffic from the AI flight to Canadian domestic and US transborder destinations.

whywhyzee wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
Are they not allowed to fly daily to YYZ? I'm sure the market is there as 9w is gone and AC being a star alliance partner, it would work like how they fly to ORD with UA connections.

whywhyzee wrote:
Air India is commencing a 3x Weekly ATQ-DEL-YYZ flight, beginning on September 27th of this year.

Not at all surprising, especially given 9W's demise.


I don't know of any limitations, especially since AC flies the route daily. This is the starting frequency, it can change of the route proves to be a success.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Now time to wait for NH to finally add YYZ next!!!! :D :D
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Seems like BG is starting DAC-MAN-YYZ with the 787-8 either during the end of this year or early next year! I'm assuming it'll be 3X weekly as DAC-LHR is 5X weekly which is a pretty busy route for BG. Also below 3X weekly would not make the flight very profitable.
 
User avatar
yyz717
Posts: 15765
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Although AA has dropped the 1x daily 319 YYZ-LAX, they will bring back the route for one week only (~Sept 7-13) with the A321, to accommodate seasonal traffic for the Toronto International Film Festival.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 am

They should rather consider that as charter!

yyz717 wrote:
Although AA has dropped the 1x daily 319 YYZ-LAX, they will bring back the route for one week only (~Sept 7-13) with the A321, to accommodate seasonal traffic for the Toronto International Film Festival.
 
User avatar
yyz717
Posts: 15765
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm

This fall AA with upgrade their 1x daily 319 mainline to 1x daily 738. AA will then operate 3x daily 738 and 4x daily 319 to YYZ.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm

yyz717 wrote:
This fall AA with upgrade their 1x daily 319 mainline to 1x daily 738. AA will then operate 3x daily 738 and 4x daily 319 to YYZ.

Which route are we talking about here with the upguage?
 
ddp
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:07 pm

kevin wrote:
Toronto is quickly becoming a very bland airport. Just in the few past months these international airlines dissapeared from YYZ: Jet Airways, WoW, Saudia and soon even Austrian will stop their flights. I mean obviously Jet and WoW left for obvious reasons. I am just stating a fact that little by little YYZ is becoming a bland AC and WJ airport.


Air India starts out of Toronto in September.
 
User avatar
yyz717
Posts: 15765
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:26 pm

Re: Toronto Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:29 pm

Which route are we talking about here with the upguage?

Sorry -- YYZ-ORD
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos