MAH4546

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:20 pm

BA777FO wrote:
Fargo wrote:
I've long said that AA and BA should swap their RDU and PHX routes, with AA taking over all LHR flying from PHX and BA taking over RDU-LHR.

BA will maintain a presence in PHX just as they will in DFW. Those markets are too big for BA to fully withdraw from despite the metal neutrality of the JBA. BA tested the water in PHX with 10x weekly 747 and now it'll be double daily with AA and BA sharing a frequency each. Rumours doing the rounds PHX will be one of the first A350 routes for BA after the second delivery, I'm not convinced by that though.

AA flying IAD-LHR makes zero sense, especially as they withdrew from BOS-LHR. AA has even shifted a MIA-LHR frequency to DFW-LHR - the trend is doubling down on DFW, IAD makes no sense with BA at 17x week already.

Having AA metal from one if it’s most important markets, Washington D.C., to London makes a lot of sense!

You are also giving a very incomplete picture of what happened with DFW/MIA. AA shifted one if it’s MIALHR flights to DFW and then BA increased MIALHR from 14w to 21w, among that AA 772 to be replaced with a larger BA 744. AA entering IADLHR will likely be a similar - it would likely replace, not compliment, an existing BA frequency.
a.

jetsetterusa

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Do you think AA will ever fly to VLC?
Crazy Day Tripper

mfe777

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:04 pm

AA’s only glaring hole in East Asia is Taipei. From DFW and LAX would cover it nicely.

jmc1975

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 pm

HPAEAA wrote:

IAD-LHR would surprise me because of Parker’s comments last year about p2p routes and how they would never do them.. kind of a quick about face...

It would seem highly unlikely considering AA does even have nonstop flights from IAD to ORD, MIA or PHX.

jplatts

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:39 pm

PVD757 wrote:
Could this be the year AA adds DFW-PVD? It has to be one of the larger domestic missing pieces in the nerwork.

I agree that AA could add DFW-PVD nonstop service, and there are also other nonstop routes such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-ROC, DFW-MDT, DFW-LAN, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL that could be added by AA out of DFW.

jmc1975

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:47 pm

DeltaXNA wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
The growth at DFW has been very impressing.

Yes it has. I am looking forward to see what else they are going to add.

Even after the slew of announcements from DFW this year, some outstanding gaping holes yet to be filled are: DFW-LNK, DFW-SYR, DFW-ROC, DFW-ALB, DFW-TRI, DFW-ROA, DFW-CRW

SeanM1997

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm

TWFlyGuy wrote:
Pengaea wrote:
Themotionman wrote:
I think RDU-LHR is anchored down by GSK

The RDU-LHR flight was originally started with a subsidy, but it apparently makes enough money on its own and hasn't relied on the subsidy for a number of years now. GSK in fact have shut down most of their operations in RTP in favour of Philadelphia.

I hadn't realized they moved a lot to PHL but was going to say if that wasn't the case, will the deal announced with Pfizer hurt a lot of the market. Sounds like it won't have much impact given your comments. I wonder what is supporting the route overall. Yes it's to a "hub" in LHR but it also eats up the aircraft as it doesn't get to turn to anything else and requires a maintenance team in RDU that might not otherwise be there. If they leave, I imagine DL would like to jump on the route if they could get a slot pair to do so.

I think Delta (DL) have more pressing routes before launching Raleigh (RDU) to London Heathrow (LHR). Detroit (DTW) is only 2x daily, Atlanta (ATL) 2x daily and Minneapolis (MSP) 1x daily. Increasing these frequencies will probably come first. In addition, Portland (PDX) and Salt Lake City (SLC) are both only summer seasonal so getting both routes to year round would probably be a higher priority.

American works well at Raleigh due to having high connecting traffic at LHR through British Airways (BA) (which DL don't have as SkyTeam have a small presence at Heathrow), having some American (AA) connections (such as Pittsburgh and Washington National), and a relatively high customer base who use Oneworld loyalty.

If Delta was going to launch any intercontinental route from Raleigh it would probably be towards Amsterdam (AMS)

cm642

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm

chepos wrote:
cm642 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

I’m assuming the thinking here they want to connect Washington D.C with London on their own metal, but have to use IAD because DCA can’t handle long haul flights? I wonder how this will impact BA’s existing flight and how passengers will be able to connect on here.

Any word on if RDU-LHR will be switched to BA metal or if AA PHX-LHR will eventually go year round, replacing BA there?

I doubt it, more than likely RDU-LHR will stay on AA metal for the foreseeable future but doesn't mean it couldn't happen! When it comes to PHX-LHR BA will more than likely keep its current daily flight with AA eventually making their current seasonal-flight daily year-round. That would bring PHX-LHR twice daily through their JBV, one daily AA flight and one daily BA flight. On the subject of PHX-NRT I could see PHX-FRA or PHX-CDG happening before Tokyo!

PHX FRA? If that did not happen while US was in STAR, why would it happen now. LAX would see CDG before PHX and I doubt LAX will be getting CDG on AA metal anytime soon. NRT would happen way before those 2, but I agree NRT is not happening in 2020.
On the subject of IAD, would love to see PHX get a flight to IAD again. To complement the DCA service.

PHX-FRA may not have happened when US was in STAR but that was years ago, plus US didn't really have the fleet to make it work with everything being focused on CLT and PHL and didn't really have the slack in it's long haul fleet to open new routes. I wouldn't put it past AA to attempt it if Condor's flights become year-round. The demand for Paris is stronger than Tokyo according to airport officials based on 2015 numbers! SLC had AMS and CDG on DL before LAX did granted they have a JBV with Air France/KLM and both already served LAX but it still doesn't mean neither isn't a possibility in the future! I'm sure those numbers have changed a bit since 2015 since that was 4 years ago. Would love to know what they are now!

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2015/05/13/what-is-keeping-phoenix-from-landing-more.html

Phoenix International PPD 2015:

1. London: 121.6 (already established AA and BA)
2. Paris: 47.9
3. Tokyo 36.3
4. Amsterdam: 34
5. Frankfurt: 34 (established by Condor, seasonal only)

sagechan

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:19 pm

cm642 wrote:
chepos wrote:
cm642 wrote:

I doubt it, more than likely RDU-LHR will stay on AA metal for the foreseeable future but doesn't mean it couldn't happen! When it comes to PHX-LHR BA will more than likely keep its current daily flight with AA eventually making their current seasonal-flight daily year-round. That would bring PHX-LHR twice daily through their JBV, one daily AA flight and one daily BA flight. On the subject of PHX-NRT I could see PHX-FRA or PHX-CDG happening before Tokyo!

PHX FRA? If that did not happen while US was in STAR, why would it happen now. LAX would see CDG before PHX and I doubt LAX will be getting CDG on AA metal anytime soon. NRT would happen way before those 2, but I agree NRT is not happening in 2020.
On the subject of IAD, would love to see PHX get a flight to IAD again. To complement the DCA service.

PHX-FRA may not have happened when US was in STAR but that was years ago, plus US didn't really have the fleet to make it work with everything being focused on CLT and PHL and didn't really have the slack in it's long haul fleet to open new routes. I wouldn't put it past AA to attempt it if Condor's flights become year-round. The demand for Paris is stronger than Tokyo according to airport officials based on 2015 numbers! SLC had AMS and CDG on DL before LAX did granted they have a JBV with Air France/KLM and both already served LAX but it still doesn't mean neither isn't a possibility in the future! I'm sure those numbers have changed a bit since 2015 since that was 4 years ago. Would love to know what they are now!

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2015/05/13/what-is-keeping-phoenix-from-landing-more.html

Phoenix International PPD 2015:

1. London: 121.6 (already established AA and BA)
2. Paris: 47.9
3. Tokyo 36.3
4. Amsterdam: 34
5. Frankfurt: 34 (established by Condor, seasonal only)

According to gcmap NRT is a little less than 300 miles further than CDG and being hub to hub with JAL in NRT seems would have better odds. Though there seems to be just about infinite supply of pax to Paris in the summer.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

mikejepp

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Any idea when we'll see the first A321neo flights to Hawaii?

mfe777

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:46 pm

Taipei is the last glaring hole in AA's East Asian network, as far as big hubs go. When will we see AA on LAX/DFW-TPE? DFW-TPE has no competition on it at the moment.

TWA1985

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:08 am

Veigar wrote:
I'm not sure what this could mean for the network, but I saw an AA 787 at LAS yesterday. What on earth are they sending 787s here for?

AA is also operating a daily 788 from ORD during the winter.
Be Young. Be Wild. Be Free.

Cointrin330

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:32 am

Level is starting BCN-JFK in Spring/Summer 2019. That could mean the end of AA's JFK-BCN service. MXP service could end up being moved to PHL, though MXP is really a business, not a leisure heavy route, and for the business traffic between the US and Milan that exists, JFK makes more sense, but AA is competing with AZ, Air Italy, Emirates, and Delta, plus UA at EWR.

travaz

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:40 am

I wonder if LAX/DFW TPE gets some push back from mainland China. Would China threaten slots if AA started service to TPE?

x1234

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:02 am

travaz, Taiwan is in the US Visa Waiver program and is therefore possibly HIGH YIELDING BUT as AA/DL/UA has found out labeling Taiwanese cities with only the city name without the country name of Taiwan seemingly has pleased China instead of calling it part of China as China wanted. DL pulled out of Taipei and UA serves SFO-TPE on the 77W. There is overcapacity on LAX-TPE (4X daily) but DFW-TPE could work without any feed on the Taiwan side but Taiwan only has a population of 23.58 million versus 1 billion in Mainland China...

x1234

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 am

Also EVA already serves IAH-TPE so the Texas/*A Taipei market is already taken. They also serve TPE-LAX/SFO/IAH/SEA/JFK/ORD/YYZ/YVR covering all the major cities...

x1234

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:20 am

The last market in Asia that hasn't been conquered by AA is India. A 789 can do LAX/DFW-DEL/BOM nicely but there maybe yield pressure as South Asia is generally lower yielding than East Asia as its less developed.

UpNAWAy

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:23 am

mikejepp wrote:
Any idea when we'll see the first A321neo flights to Hawaii?

After ETOPS certification, which I believe is some time in the Summer.

x1234

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:28 am

Finally the ONLY other market that I can think of that has A-LOT of traffic to/from the USA is TLV. Apparently a.net rumour for UA/DL is that TLV prints money like gold and DL is adding a second JFK-TLV flight. With El Al withdrawing the 744s and using 789s as its replacement, the seat count just went down. I never got why AA got out of PHL-TLV (the rumor of paying the old TWA employees/pensions just doesn't make sense and should be settled). AA should seriously launch PHL/JFK/MIA-TLV.

B1168

Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:58 am

CZ has been developing proximity with AA at max pace. Given CZ’s inability to explore US market further because of the flight right limit, will AA step in and offer help by flying LAX-CAN in 788, replacing 3 of 10 weekly of CZ’s flights to LAX, freeing the flight rights to a new destinations?

travaz

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:06 am

x1234 wrote:
travaz, Taiwan is in the US Visa Waiver program and is therefore possibly HIGH YIELDING BUT as AA/DL/UA has found out labeling Taiwanese cities with only the city name without the country name of Taiwan seemingly has pleased China instead of calling it part of China as China wanted. DL pulled out of Taipei and UA serves SFO-TPE on the 77W. There is overcapacity on LAX-TPE (4X daily) but DFW-TPE could work without any feed on the Taiwan side but Taiwan only has a population of 23.58 million versus 1 billion in Mainland China...

I thank you for the information. I wonder what the per capita income of the 25 million is verse the 1 Billion in China. I get the mainland China thing but think AA could run a LAX TPE x6 with some success. Just my .02

B1168

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:26 am

travaz wrote:
x1234 wrote:

I thank you for the information. I wonder what the per capita income of the 25 million is verse the 1 Billion in China. I get the mainland China thing but think AA could run a LAX TPE x6 with some success. Just my .02

There are 0 OW companies in the Taiwan Island. Nor does AA have any agreement to help distribute passengers of the rest of the island onto the flight. This way, AA is actually serving the greater Taipei Metropolitan Area and TPE’s sphere of influence, not the entirety of the island. That will narrow the potential passenger to about 10-15 million (depending on geographic position, people too far away may just go via other US destinations instead and choose not to go nonstop), imho. Long term short, DFW-TPE really just serves greater Taipei itself.
A much better idea for AA may be to gain another spot in the west coast of at least drive one of the Tripoli out of LAX, or expand somewhere else. Expanding to Taiwan island during the trade war with mainland may cause intentionally spread nationalism (maybe 50 cents party hired by DL) and evolve in to extremism, causing the already bad flights to China even worse, and screw any cooperation altogether.

Freshside3

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 am

9w748capt wrote:
chepos wrote:
ORD PRG for a start in summer 2020. DFW-BCN, long rurmored as well.

DFW-BCN on AA metal makes perfect sense. I'd personally be surprised at ORD-PRG but hey if ATH and VCE worked then why not! Just crazy to me how weak AA still is on ORD-Europe.

UA is also(somewhat) weak on Europe out of ORD. Plus, with all the new flights they've added, the bulk went to SFO and EWR. The weakness at ORD is not so much, the west and central parts of Europe, but rather, the areas next to the Mediterranean, as well as Eastern Europe. UA is not "getting" the fact that there is major diaspora travel to those areas, as well as the tourists.

Having PRG along with the VCE and ATH trips, will definitely give AA an advantage in the ORD market, without question.

chepos

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:15 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
Level is starting BCN-JFK in Spring/Summer 2019. That could mean the end of AA's JFK-BCN service. MXP service could end up being moved to PHL, though MXP is really a business, not a leisure heavy route, and for the business traffic between the US and Milan that exists, JFK makes more sense, but AA is competing with AZ, Air Italy, Emirates, and Delta, plus UA at EWR.

Doubtful JFK BCN wwill cease to exist due to Level, the airline has already said JFK BCN will continue. It is a big market and Level and AA are going after different segments of the market. Mind you Level at this point will only be operating 3 flights per week.
Fly the Flag!!!!

mfe777

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:49 am

x1234 wrote:
Also EVA already serves IAH-TPE so the Texas/*A Taipei market is already taken. They also serve TPE-LAX/SFO/IAH/SEA/JFK/ORD/YYZ/YVR covering all the major cities...

EVA/Star Alliance serving IAH-TPE successfully is even more of a reason why AA/Oneworld should serve DFW-TPE. If they can make IAH work with IAH local demand plus connections, then DFW should work for AA. DFW is a more populated metro area than IAH, has a higher GDP, and a much more diversified economy than Houston which is overwhelmingly oil based. DFW has the 4th largest metro GDP in the USA, which a lot of people don't know. DFW also has more connection opportunities via AA than IAH has via UA. There should be good business traffic to fill the front of a 787 at nice yields, and enough VFR/tourism traffic to fill the back from the Southern United States and Latin America.

EVA Air does run a bus shuttle from Dallas to IAH to feed their flight, which further shows there is strong enough demand for nonstop Dallas-TPE for someone to do the really weird action of taking a shuttle bus 4 hours to Houston from Dallas instead of just flying with a connection.

AA has been conservative in expanding in Asia for good reason, but it's time for Taipei, and LAX-TPE is too saturated, and ORD-Asia is not working for them.

acentauri

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:34 am

mfe777 wrote:

EVA Air does run a bus shuttle from Dallas to IAH to feed their flight, which further shows there is strong enough demand for nonstop Dallas-TPE for someone to do the really weird action of taking a shuttle bus 4 hours to Houston from Dallas instead of just flying with a connection.

AA has been conservative in expanding in Asia for good reason, but it's time for Taipei, and LAX-TPE is too saturated, and ORD-Asia is not working for them.

A funny story - A long........time ago, when PHL was just a USAir Hub, Eva wanted to start a 747 flight to TPE, but PHL's old International complex (AE) did not have in ground refueling (truck only), so they decided against it.

BoeingGuy

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:28 pm

travaz wrote:
I wonder if LAX/DFW TPE gets some push back from mainland China. Would China threaten slots if AA started service to TPE?

Interesting trivia point: Does anyone remember when AA did serve TPE?

upperdeckfan

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:27 pm

9w748capt wrote:
chepos wrote:

DFW-BCN on AA metal makes perfect sense. I'd personally be surprised at ORD-PRG but hey if ATH and VCE worked then why not! Just crazy to me how weak AA still is on ORD-Europe.

I don't think DFW-BCN makes sense, BCN is a very low yield market and current AA service from MIA, JFK, CLT and ORD is way more than enough.

ORD-MAD on AA metal would make much more sense than DFW-BCN in my opinion
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

USAirALB

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:43 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
travaz wrote:

Interesting trivia point: Does anyone remember when AA did serve TPE?

Yup, was served for a couple of months or so in 2001 from SJC with a 772 alongside SJC-CDG.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

American 767

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

upperdeckfan wrote:

ORD-MAD on AA metal It would be either a 77E or a 788, one of the two.
Ben Soriano

sagechan

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:11 pm

American 767 wrote:
upperdeckfan wrote:

No 777s in ORD anymore for AA.
717, 733, 734, 738, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA

9w748capt

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm

upperdeckfan wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
chepos wrote:

I don't think DFW-BCN makes sense, BCN is a very low yield market and current AA service from MIA, JFK, CLT and ORD is way more than enough.

Low yielding but incredibly high volume especially in summer. If it works from all their other hubs then why not try it from their megahub, if only in the summer.

TWA1985

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 pm

American 767 wrote:
upperdeckfan wrote:

ORD is an all 787 widebody base for AA now.

ctrabs0114

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Veigar wrote:
I'm not sure what this could mean for the network, but I saw an AA 787 at LAS yesterday. What on earth are they sending 787s here for?

My guess is seasonal capacity. It looks as though they upgauged one of the A321 DFW-LAS-DFW flights to a 788 over the holiday season. Now, it's all 321s with the exception of one 738 r/t.
Last edited by ctrabs0114 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

TWA1985

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
Veigar wrote:

My guess is seasonal capacity. It looks as though they upgauged one of the A321 DFW-LAS-DFW flights to a 788 over the holiday season.

As well as the 7 am departure out of ORD.

ctrabs0114

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 pm

TWA1985 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
Veigar wrote:

My guess is seasonal capacity. It looks as though they upgauged one of the A321 DFW-LAS-DFW flights to a 788 over the holiday season.

I think the DFW-ORD 788 flights is year round (albeit 1x/day), at least through March (haven't had to check beyond that as I'm heading to Chicago in early March).
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)

TWA1985

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:02 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
TWA1985 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

I think the DFW-ORD 788 flights is year round (albeit 1x/day), at least through March (haven't had to check beyond that as I'm heading to Chicago in early March).

It looks like they will be sending one 789 between ORD and DFW as well.

mikejepp

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:21 pm

TWA1985 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
TWA1985 wrote:

It looks like they will be sending one 789 between ORD and DFW as well.

Then theres this....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL186/history/20190105/0935Z/RJAA/KLAS

AAlaxfan

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:28 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
TWA1985 wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but the CES conference is starting on the 8th and draws HUGE crowds from all over, especially Japan.
Grumpy. Not a dwarf, not an attitude. It's a lifestyle.

chepos

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 pm

AA88 ORD-PHX will also be seeing the 787
Fly the Flag!!!!

upperdeckfan

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm

9w748capt wrote:
upperdeckfan wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

Low yielding but incredibly high volume especially in summer. If it works from all their other hubs then why not try it from their megahub, if only in the summer.

JFK, ORD and MIA get significant traffic from the BCN side, CLT doesn't which explains the much lower LF according to BCN official stats. Not sure about DFW.
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

ctrabs0114

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 pm

Just wondering, but is the 737-Max 8 fleet strictly based out of MIA? Or are they going to filter out to other bases (DFW, ORD, etc.)?

chepos

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
Just wondering, but is the 737-Max 8 fleet strictly based out of MIA? Or are they going to filter out to other bases (DFW, ORD, etc.)?

As of right now it is operating out of MIA. As more arrive on property I am sure they will get to other hubs eventually.
Fly the Flag!!!!

N292UX

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:50 am

There's absolutely no chance AA ever starts IAD-LHR. Even with the DCA hub nearby. They've been shrinking their IAD operation recently.

usairways85

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Chicago O’Hare – London Heathrow eff 30MAR19 Planned 2 of 4 daily operated by 787-9, replacing -8, remains unchanged. 3rd daily 787-9 will operate from 06JUN19 to 19AUG19
Dallas/Ft. Worth – Frankfurt 31MAR19 – 05JUN19 787-8 replaces 777-200ER, 1 daily
Miami – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 06JUN19 AA931/900 777-200ER replaces -300ER (Overall 2 daily -200ER)
Miami – Milan Malpensa 03MAY19 – 05JUN19 767-300ER replaces 777-200ER, 1 daily
Philadelphia – Manchester eff 03MAY19 767-300ER replaces A330-200 (Previously scheduled in October 2019 only)
Philadelphia – Prague 03OCT19 – 26OCT19 A330-200 continues to operate during this period, replacing previously planned 767
Philadelphia – Venice eff 03MAY19 A330-200 operates entire summer season, 1 daily (Previous plan: 333 from 03MAY19 to 02OCT19)

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282315/american-s19-long-haul-changes-as-of-04jan19/

I am not really surprised about PHL-VCE with ORD-VCE now operating. PHL-MAN is a little surprising in the summer. Also some spring season downgauges for FRA and MXP.

lowfareair

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Chicago O’Hare – London Heathrow eff 30MAR19 Planned 2 of 4 daily operated by 787-9, replacing -8, remains unchanged. 3rd daily 787-9 will operate from 06JUN19 to 19AUG19
Dallas/Ft. Worth – Frankfurt 31MAR19 – 05JUN19 787-8 replaces 777-200ER, 1 daily
Miami – Buenos Aires Ezeiza eff 06JUN19 AA931/900 777-200ER replaces -300ER (Overall 2 daily -200ER)
Philadelphia – Manchester eff 03MAY19 767-300ER replaces A330-200 (Previously scheduled in October 2019 only)
Philadelphia – Prague 03OCT19 – 26OCT19 A330-200 continues to operate during this period, replacing previously planned 767
Philadelphia – Venice eff 03MAY19 A330-200 operates entire summer season, 1 daily (Previous plan: 333 from 03MAY19 to 02OCT19)

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282315/american-s19-long-haul-changes-as-of-04jan19/

I am not really surprised about PHL-VCE with ORD-VCE now operating. PHL-MAN is a little surprising in the summer. Also some spring season downgauges for FRA and MXP.

There is an interesting tidbit in there - MAN goes to a 763 and its A332 goes to VCE, however AFAIK there isn't a new A333 route for the VCE frame. I've only seen the A332 (i.e. not the A333) scheduled on transcons and such during the summer, anyone know what's happening with the extra A333?

PHL-LHR: 2
PHL-FCO: 1
PHL-ATH: 1
CLT-LHR: 2
CLT-FCO: 1
Total: 7 out of 9 frames.

bridge29

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:54 pm

lowfareair wrote:
usairways85 wrote:

There is an interesting tidbit in there - MAN goes to a 763 and its A332 goes to VCE, however AFAIK there isn't a new A333 route for the VCE frame. I've only seen the A332 (i.e. not the A333) scheduled on transcons and such during the summer, anyone know what's happening with the extra A333?

What other routes out of PHL are high enough yielding or have enough traffic to justify a larger plane and more business class seats? I could easily see them moving to PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX. While I love snagging PE on those flights for the price of MCE, the PE seats can't generate a revenue premium like they do on TA flights. The A333 should do well for those high traffic and high yielding domestic routes.

chepos

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 am

lowfareair wrote:
usairways85 wrote:

In past summers the 333 has been flown on the CLT DUB segment as well.
Fly the Flag!!!!

stl07

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 am

I wouldn't be too surprised if St. Kitts is announced soon from Dallas now that SY is doing it
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

jplatts

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:36 am

stl07 wrote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if St. Kitts is announced soon from Dallas now that SY is doing it

I agree that AA will eventually add DFW-SKB nonstop service in response to SY adding DFW-SKB nonstop service if SY doesn't drop DFW-SKB nonstop service. AA has responded to adds made out of DFW or DAL by WN, NK, WW, and FI.

MDW will be the only remaining destination with nonstop service out of DAL that isn't served nonstop from DFW on AA once AA starts DFW-BUR nonstop service on April 2nd. MDW will also be the only remaining destination served by WN that isn't served by AA once AA starts DFW-HRL nonstop service on March 3rd.

AA could bring back DFW-MDW nonstop service in order to better compete against WN in the Dallas and Chicago markets, and AA had also recently added a few other routes out of DFW such as DFW-BUR, DFW-OAK, and DFW-ECP that are in competition with WN DAL-BUR, DAL-OAK, and DAL-ECP nonstop service. AA could also add MDW-CLT, MDW-LAX, MDW-MIA, MDW-LGA, and MDW-PHL nonstop service if AA re-enters MDW.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos