Midwestindy

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:23 pm

AA is going to be bombarded with questions during their investor call about the government shutdown, specifically questions about the DCA hub.

It's hard to imagine that DCA isn't going to be significantly impacted by this unexpected drop off in Gov travel
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

Brickell305

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

jplatts wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if St. Kitts is announced soon from Dallas now that SY is doing it

I agree that AA will eventually add DFW-SKB nonstop service in response to SY adding DFW-SKB nonstop service if SY doesn't drop DFW-SKB nonstop service. AA has responded to adds made out of DFW or DAL by WN, NK, WW, and FI.

MDW will be the only remaining destination with nonstop service out of DAL that isn't served nonstop from DFW on AA once AA starts DFW-BUR nonstop service on April 2nd. MDW will also be the only remaining destination served by WN that isn't served by AA once AA starts DFW-HRL nonstop service on March 3rd.

AA could bring back DFW-MDW nonstop service in order to better compete against WN in the Dallas and Chicago markets, and AA had also recently added a few other routes out of DFW such as DFW-BUR, DFW-OAK, and DFW-ECP that are in competition with WN DAL-BUR, DAL-OAK, and DAL-ECP nonstop service. AA could also add MDW-CLT, MDW-LAX, MDW-MIA, MDW-LGA, and MDW-PHL nonstop service if AA re-enters MDW.

I'll believe AA DFW-SKB when I see it. Very long, very thin route and AA already serves SKB more than sufficiently out of MIA (with seasonal JFK and CLT). The last time AA tried DFW to an Eastern Caribbean destination was the short-lived DFW-BGI. BGI is a much larger tourist destination (and destination generally) than SKB and that flight bombed despite being subsidized. There's almost no way I see them starting SKB from DFW but hey, stranger things have happened.

redwingspilot

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 pm

AAlaxfan wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
TWA1985 wrote:

As well as the 7 am departure out of ORD.

I think the DFW-ORD 788 flights is year round (albeit 1x/day), at least through March (haven't had to check beyond that as I'm heading to Chicago in early March).

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but the CES conference is starting on the 8th and draws HUGE crowds from all over, especially Japan.

Yeah the LAS-NRT flight was strictly just for CES.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos