sargester

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:15 am

N292UX wrote:
There's absolutely no chance AA ever starts IAD-LHR. Even with the DCA hub nearby. They've been shrinking their IAD operation recently.

Rumor going around that they will fly it to help out with the BA/AA JV, and they have the FF base nearby for it that would love to have that route along with the Washington airport asking American AA to resume MIA and add service to ORD

MrPeanut

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 am

yonikasz wrote:
CVG:
Allegiant: 89% on 27 departures
Delta: 89% on 65 departures
Frontier: 88% on 17 departures

Maybe AA could push Frontier out. Frontier doesn't really defend their turf.

Why? And get Frontier’s trash yields? Based on the fact that Allegiant and Frontier are Delta’s competitors on this route tells me that the yields must be atrocious. Any premium traffic will go to DL given their strengths on both sides of the route.

MrPeanut

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:47 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
Does anyone have any credibility for this rumour on American launching Washington Dulles (IAD) to London Heathrow (LHR)?

Let me give you some background. JonNYC posts on another site and has inside info that is highly accurate. If he says IAD-LHR will be on AA metal soon, then it is extremely likely to occur barring any type of extraordinary circumstances (ie. recession, etc.).

MAH4546 simply takes what Jon says on the other site and regurgitates it on this site.

chepos

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:03 am

If this IAD-LHR comes to fruition I wonder what equipment would operate the route, how will the WB be routed and what base will crew it.
Fly the Flag!!!!

Midwestindy

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:23 pm

AA is going to be bombarded with questions during their investor call about the government shutdown, specifically questions about the DCA hub.

It's hard to imagine that DCA isn't going to be significantly impacted by this unexpected drop off in Gov travel
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

Brickell305

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

jplatts wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I wouldn't be too surprised if St. Kitts is announced soon from Dallas now that SY is doing it

I agree that AA will eventually add DFW-SKB nonstop service in response to SY adding DFW-SKB nonstop service if SY doesn't drop DFW-SKB nonstop service. AA has responded to adds made out of DFW or DAL by WN, NK, WW, and FI.

MDW will be the only remaining destination with nonstop service out of DAL that isn't served nonstop from DFW on AA once AA starts DFW-BUR nonstop service on April 2nd. MDW will also be the only remaining destination served by WN that isn't served by AA once AA starts DFW-HRL nonstop service on March 3rd.

AA could bring back DFW-MDW nonstop service in order to better compete against WN in the Dallas and Chicago markets, and AA had also recently added a few other routes out of DFW such as DFW-BUR, DFW-OAK, and DFW-ECP that are in competition with WN DAL-BUR, DAL-OAK, and DAL-ECP nonstop service. AA could also add MDW-CLT, MDW-LAX, MDW-MIA, MDW-LGA, and MDW-PHL nonstop service if AA re-enters MDW.

I'll believe AA DFW-SKB when I see it. Very long, very thin route and AA already serves SKB more than sufficiently out of MIA (with seasonal JFK and CLT). The last time AA tried DFW to an Eastern Caribbean destination was the short-lived DFW-BGI. BGI is a much larger tourist destination (and destination generally) than SKB and that flight bombed despite being subsidized. There's almost no way I see them starting SKB from DFW but hey, stranger things have happened.

redwingspilot

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 pm

AAlaxfan wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:
TWA1985 wrote:

As well as the 7 am departure out of ORD.

I think the DFW-ORD 788 flights is year round (albeit 1x/day), at least through March (haven't had to check beyond that as I'm heading to Chicago in early March).

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but the CES conference is starting on the 8th and draws HUGE crowds from all over, especially Japan.

Yeah the LAS-NRT flight was strictly just for CES.

redwingspilot

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:28 pm

This weekend, service from ORD to Duluth, Minnesota (DLH), will go on sale with flights beginning May 23. Envoy will operate the twice-daily service year-round on Embraer 145 aircraft. DFW is also introducing Saturday service to Saint Kitts (SKB) beginning May 25. The new route will be operated on Airbus A319 aircraft through Aug. 17. Lastly, daily service from DFW to Asheville, North Carolina (AVL), starts May 3, an increase from the previous Saturday service. These added flights will also be on sale starting this weekend.

jmw99ttu

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 am

Wow, I would never in a million years would have guessed they’d add DFW-SKB. I’m guessing that flight will be a non-rev’s dream. I guess SKB is this summer’s KEF.

I was also surprised they weren’t already flying to DLH from ORD. Didn’t they fly that in the past?

Qantas59

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:12 am

When did AA end mainline service on LAX-PVR? Just noticed that it is now Compass Embraer.
[photoid][photoid][/photoid][/photoid]/Users/jaytanguay/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 9.30.09 AM.png

YoungDon

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:29 am

mfe777 wrote:
x1234 wrote:
Also EVA already serves IAH-TPE so the Texas/*A Taipei market is already taken. They also serve TPE-LAX/SFO/IAH/SEA/JFK/ORD/YYZ/YVR covering all the major cities...

EVA/Star Alliance serving IAH-TPE successfully is even more of a reason why AA/Oneworld should serve DFW-TPE. If they can make IAH work with IAH local demand plus connections, then DFW should work for AA. DFW is a more populated metro area than IAH, has a higher GDP, and a much more diversified economy than Houston which is overwhelmingly oil based. DFW has the 4th largest metro GDP in the USA, which a lot of people don't know. DFW also has more connection opportunities via AA than IAH has via UA. There should be good business traffic to fill the front of a 787 at nice yields, and enough VFR/tourism traffic to fill the back from the Southern United States and Latin America.

EVA Air does run a bus shuttle from Dallas to IAH to feed their flight, which further shows there is strong enough demand for nonstop Dallas-TPE for someone to do the really weird action of taking a shuttle bus 4 hours to Houston from Dallas instead of just flying with a connection.

AA has been conservative in expanding in Asia for good reason, but it's time for Taipei, and LAX-TPE is too saturated, and ORD-Asia is not working for them.

I'm not saying a hypothetical DFW-TPE couldn't work per se, but I honestly don't see a reason it would be a priority for AA. Do they really want to try to fill up a plane with cheap connections to Taipei? I'm not sure it's the best use of the plane.

I'm not sure the Houston flight is a great analog for what a potential DFW flight might be either. I'd imagine the O&D is higher from Houston due to oil and petrochemical connections between the two that don't exist in DFW. GDP and population differences between the two aren't that great and tend to fluctuate depending on what oil does - until fairly recently Houston actually had a higher total GDP despite being a smaller metro area by ~500k people. I think the IAH flight is more about business connections between the two than anything anything else. I suspect a potential DFW flight would be more about VFR. Someone with access to some numbers or what contracts are in play could probably shed more light on that.

I do agree that the BR bus is weird though - I wonder how many people actually do that rather than just connect somewhere else? Seems like a huge hassle.

Midwestindy

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:02 am

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... nsidering/
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC

- American is looking at making Dallas-Fort Worth – Reykjavik year-round.
- They’ll consider making their new Phoenix – London Heathrow flight year-round also, depending on how it does.
- Bringing back the morning Miami – Sao Paulo depends on the Brazilian economy
- Los Angeles – Buenos Aires is looking to be the best of all of American’s Buenos Aires service this winter, but isn’t viewed as healthy enough to go daily.
-They’re always interested in more London Heathrow flights
-DFW summer growth is keenly split between mainline and regional
-PHX-GRR successful and "more Midwest to come"
-The last three cities that exist from IAH and not DFW are CAK,TOL, and CRW..and that won't be the case for long
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

DanDun

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Big Move in Boston today, AA is consolidating all there operations in Terminal B. They will fly all mainline flights out of gates B4-B22. Also opening a new Admirals club as well.

chepos

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:25 pm

I have a hard time seeing how DFW KEF can operate year round.
Fly the Flag!!!!

csweet

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:12 pm

DanDun wrote:
Big Move in Boston today, AA is consolidating all there operations in Terminal B. They will fly all mainline flights out of gates B4-B22. Also opening a new Admirals club as well.

Does this mean no more Eagle in BOS?

Brickell305

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2018/10/28/what-routes-is-american-airlines-considering/

- They’ll consider making their new Phoenix – London Heathrow flight year-round also, depending on how it does.
- Los Angeles – Buenos Aires is looking to be the best of all of American’s Buenos Aires service this winter, but isn’t viewed as healthy enough to go daily.
-The last three cities that exist from IAH and not DFW are CAK,TOL, and CRW..and that won't be the case for long

I actually found this part of the article very interesting:

Miami is an airport that really rewards simplicity because of the way its infrastructure is built. We are looking increasingly at operating Miami with really 319s and 737s. We bought 319 performance airplanes and the 737 MAX in large part for Miami because those airplanes can not only go and fly relatively low demand markets like the Northeast to Miami, they can also go and fly long haul performance markets in Latin America and Central America as well.

So the 737s you’re seeing in Miami are actually the 737 MAXs that are going into Miami, the 319s you see in Miami are 319 performance that can go serve a lot of different missions. By simplifying it you improve the operational performance of the hub, by putting a high performance airplane in there with a lot of seats you go and improve the profitable performance of the hub.

How are Northeast-Miami routes "low demand markets"?

JonNYC

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm

DanDun wrote:

Couple of additional words on the subject:

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1088506833583640576

maps4ltd

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:00 pm

jmc1975 wrote:
DeltaXNA wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
The growth at DFW has been very impressing.

Yes it has. I am looking forward to see what else they are going to add.

Even after the slew of announcements from DFW this year, some outstanding gaping holes yet to be filled are: DFW-LNK, DFW-SYR, DFW-ROC, DFW-ALB, DFW-TRI, DFW-ROA, DFW-CRW

I would say DFW-PVD is more "gaping" than most of those. AA has been extremely aggressive from DFW recently. Also, could DFW-GFK come to fruition. They get decent loads on the Fargo E175s.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List

FSDan

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Vasu's not quite right on this. CAK and CRW, sure, but AA's the only one of the US3 that flies to TOL... Also, UA flies IAH-HOB, which is a market AA isn't in at all (though ROW isn't too far away), and IAH-STT. And this is all obviously focused on AA vs UA on the domestic side - I count 14 international destinations UA flies from IAH that AA doesn't from DFW.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

FSDan

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:24 pm

csweet wrote:
DanDun wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen soon. All that's left is BOS-MDT, BOS-ROC, and BOS-SYR (and a few flights on BOS-JFK). B6 competes on BOS-SYR, but AA has MDT and ROC to themselves. With the recent withdrawal of PIT-RDU, I believe these are the only point-to-point domestic routes AA has left.

SeanM1997

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

According to American Airlines online schedule: Phoenix-London Heathrow is on sale on both AA B777 and BA B747 in W19

chepos

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:02 pm

FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:
DanDun wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen soon. All that's left is BOS-MDT, BOS-ROC, and BOS-SYR (and a few flights on BOS-JFK). B6 competes on BOS-SYR, but AA has MDT and ROC to themselves. With the recent withdrawal of PIT-RDU, I believe these are the only point-to-point domestic routes AA has left.

RDU-PIT was oficcially canned? I have seen speculations, but I have not
seen anything official.
Fly the Flag!!!!

Runway28L

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 pm

chepos wrote:
FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:

seen anything official.

I think he meant BOS-PIT which was cut in December. RDU-PIT is still operating and nothing has been said yet, although I think that will also disappear at some point.

American 767

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:29 pm

FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:
DanDun wrote:

Didn't they have BOS-PIT at some point? What happened to it? Yes I knew Eagle was still flying to 3 or 4 non-hub destinations from BOS.

What I am curious to see is how long BOS-JFK will survive, it's now down to 2 mainline flights a day and two Eagle flights. Do they really need to have BOS-JFK, with the hourly Shuttle flights they have to LGA? Yes, I know, people are still flying BOS-JFK both ways to connect to or from another flight. But American is drastically downsizing it's JFK hub and at this point all the destinations they still fly to Europe out of JFK, LHR, CDG and MAD, can either be reached nonstop or with a connection in PHL or CLT. BA flies BOS-LHR and IB flies BOS-MAD, and CDG and be reached with a connection through another hub. And also anywhere American still flies nonstop to South America from JFK, it can easily be reached with a connection in MIA.
Not saying BOS-JFK will be cut, but if it is I won't be surprised. JelBlue and Delta have more chances to make that route work well, because they are both stronger in both JFK and BOS.
Ben Soriano

Detroit313

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Glad more Midwest flying is coming to PHX.

FSDan

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:36 pm

chepos wrote:
FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:

seen anything official.

You know what? I'm actually getting ahead of myself here... I'm confusing the fact that DL officially loaded the route with thinking that AA has already canceled it. You're right that hasn't happened! I do expect it to happen soon, though.

MAH4546

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:59 pm

FSDan wrote:
chepos wrote:
FSDan wrote:

seen anything official.

You know what? I'm actually getting ahead of myself here... I'm confusing the fact that DL officially loaded the route with thinking that AA has already canceled it. You're right that hasn't happened! I do expect it to happen soon, though.

I believe the route is flown at-risk, so it isn't AA's call, but yeah, seems like something that happens.
a.

cm642

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:07 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
According to American Airlines online schedule: Phoenix-London Heathrow is on sale on both AA B777 and BA B747 in W19

I noticed that as well all the way into December! If that is the case it seems they may have already made the flight year-round before it has even begun!

Detroit313 wrote:

Same, glad to see them adding more service to PHX!

flyPIT

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
I believe the route is flown at-risk, so it isn't AA's call, but yeah, seems like something that happens.

That was the case when it was operated by Trans States; however it is now operated by wholly owned Envoy Air so it does indeed look like it is AA's call. Incidentally as of now the route will see a slight upgauge from an E140 to a CRJ operated by PSA (also wholly owned) this summer. Who knows maybe AA will decide to keep it around, the fares aren't that bad, but I'm not expecting it.
FLYi

Miamiairport

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Years back AA flew both BOS/LGA and BOS/JFK on RJs then canned LGA around 2010-2011. As I understood it since for pilot purposes both JFK and BOS were considered hubs and the pilot scope prevented any Eagle flying between hubs AA kept BOS/JFK but went to a 738. Later the 321T was added. If the scope clause no longer is applicable I could see JFK/BOS go down to a couple of Eagle flights. Paxs can now be funneled through PHL.

UpNAWAy

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Is the ORD-KRK "No Comment" mean it is in the works?

jplatts

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:58 pm

cm642 wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Same, glad to see them adding more service to PHX!

While AA already serves most of the major Midwestern destinations nonstop from PHX, AA could add PHX-CVG and PHX-ICT nonstop service.

I am unsure if AA will bring back PHX-CLE nonstop service since AA had dropped PHX-CLE nonstop service almost 3 years ago.

sargester

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Can anyone in here see DFW-ISP? or are we just containing ISP to the eastern seaboard with the potential for CLT or Brining back DCA

ROCDLFAN

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:28 am

FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:
DanDun wrote:

Gotta correct you- B6 began ROC-BOS about three weeks ago. MDT is the only monopoly left AA has.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

FSDan

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:49 am

ROCDLFAN wrote:
FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:

Gotta correct you- B6 began ROC-BOS about three weeks ago. MDT is the only monopoly left AA has.

Appreciate the correction! I had missed that route launch. Even less reason for AA to keep flying P2P Eagle routes!

FSDan

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:56 am

sargester wrote:
Can anyone in here see DFW-ISP? or are we just containing ISP to the eastern seaboard with the potential for CLT or Brining back DCA

I'd be surprised. I'd expect routes such as DFW-PVD, CLT-ISP, or even MIA-ISP to be higher up the pecking order than DFW-ISP. Unless the area around ISP has a very large Mexican population or something...

chepos

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:01 am

Never say never, but DFW ISP looks like a very very long shot, I’d expect DCA or CLT to ISP way before DFW.
Fly the Flag!!!!

planecane

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:16 am

Brickell305 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2018/10/28/what-routes-is-american-airlines-considering/

I actually found this part of the article very interesting:

Miami is an airport that really rewards simplicity because of the way its infrastructure is built. We are looking increasingly at operating Miami with really 319s and 737s. We bought 319 performance airplanes and the 737 MAX in large part for Miami because those airplanes can not only go and fly relatively low demand markets like the Northeast to Miami, they can also go and fly long haul performance markets in Latin America and Central America as well.

So the 737s you’re seeing in Miami are actually the 737 MAXs that are going into Miami, the 319s you see in Miami are 319 performance that can go serve a lot of different missions. By simplifying it you improve the operational performance of the hub, by putting a high performance airplane in there with a lot of seats you go and improve the profitable performance of the hub.

How are Northeast-Miami routes "low demand markets"?

Maybe code for low yield?

Boof02671

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Latest fleet plan thru 2021, 333s will remain.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... leet-plan/

9w748capt

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Wow - Krakow! That is interesting. I guess there's still plenty of VFR traffic to Poland? Most of the Polish immigrants arrived a few generations ago I thought. But there's obviously enough traffic to sustain ORD-Poland so why not!

kcrwflyer

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

CRW-IAH is an extremely unique route and not a good gauge for that market. Very unique business / energy ties between those two cities allows sky high local fares. A DFW flight would have to use an E75 / CR7 off CRW's runway, which automatically gives you more seats than you really need. I would also be floored if any AA added DFW to any spoke that's a 40 minute flight from CLT and can't even sustain 5x to CLT year round, on all 50 seat equipment at that. ORD seems like a much more logical fit but AA couldn't make that work a few years ago.

TOL has a lot of momentum lately and I've heard lots of positive things coming out of that area, so DFW-TOL is probably a winner. CAK has population around it, so in theory a lot could work there, it's just a matter of getting folks to pay more for the convenience of that airport vs CLE.

American 767

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Latest fleet plan thru 2021, 333s will remain.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... leet-plan/

And so will the 24 remaining nAAtive 757s. At least till 2022, if not later.
Ben Soriano

UpNAWAy

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm

American 767 wrote:
FSDan wrote:
csweet wrote:

Didn't they have BOS-PIT at some point? What happened to it? Yes I knew Eagle was still flying to 3 or 4 non-hub destinations from BOS.

What I am curious to see is how long BOS-JFK will survive, it's now down to 2 mainline flights a day and two Eagle flights. Do they really need to have BOS-JFK, with the hourly Shuttle flights they have to LGA? Yes, I know, people are still flying BOS-JFK both ways to connect to or from another flight. But American is drastically downsizing it's JFK hub and at this point all the destinations they still fly to Europe out of JFK, LHR, CDG and MAD, can either be reached nonstop or with a connection in PHL or CLT. BA flies BOS-LHR and IB flies BOS-MAD, and CDG and be reached with a connection through another hub. And also anywhere American still flies nonstop to South America from JFK, it can easily be reached with a connection in MIA.
Not saying BOS-JFK will be cut, but if it is I won't be surprised. JelBlue and Delta have more chances to make that route work well, because they are both stronger in both JFK and BOS.

"Drastically Reduced JFK" is a common but false statement. I have been tracking JFK departures since the merger and it's only slightly refuced. Mostly just flat about 2000 departures a month since 2015.

usairways85

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 pm

9w748capt wrote:
Wow - Krakow! That is interesting. I guess there's still plenty of VFR traffic to Poland? Most of the Polish immigrants arrived a few generations ago I thought. But there's obviously enough traffic to sustain ORD-Poland so why not!

LOT will fly Krakow-Chicago 3x weekly this summer.

B1168

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:39 am

They should probably bring in a few more destinations to Asia... It is suffocatingly tough to call it the largest airline with only 42 weekly worth of flights from the entire China, including Hong Kong, some of which are done using mere 788s.
It is about time they begin exploiting CZ’s partnership and subsidies. If SZX-DUB can come true, what can’t?

BTW, I wonder if DFW-KEF/ANC can be done in a 7M8 if MIA-BSB have no problem with that. That is smaller than 757s.

CIDFlyer

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:52 am

jplatts wrote:
There are still more domestic nonstop routes that could be added out of DFW on AA such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-ABE, DFW-ATW, DFW-DAB, DFW-EUG, DFW-GRB, DFW-AZO, DFW-LAN, DFW-MLB, DFW-PVD, DFW-ROC, DFW-AVP, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL.

All of the above especially if they are expanding the hub to 900 flights.

I could definitley see TOL-DFW coming back (it was served maybe 12-13 years ago). They recently had their CLT flights upgraded to CR7's.
DFW-GRB was also served at this time, as was DFW-RST (not mentioned above-but another one I could see coming back)

I could also see them try LNK-DFW.

For CLT, I think CLT-COU (Columbia Mo) is a given at some point. Maybe also FSD-CLT?

Glad to see them talking more midwest at PHX. I could see MSN go year around, as well as CID-PHX being added, and maybe perhaps FAR-PHX and SUX-PHX. BNA-PHX is kind of a big whole right now too.

jfklganyc

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:59 am

AA has flown BOS JFK forever.

Im not optimistic about AA at JFK...But that route isn’t going anywhere

B1168

Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:01 am

CIDFlyer wrote:
jplatts wrote:
There are still more domestic nonstop routes that could be added out of DFW on AA such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-ABE, DFW-ATW, DFW-DAB, DFW-EUG, DFW-GRB, DFW-AZO, DFW-LAN, DFW-MLB, DFW-PVD, DFW-ROC, DFW-AVP, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL.

All of the above especially if they are expanding the hub to 900 flights.

I could definitley see TOL-DFW coming back (it was served maybe 12-13 years ago). They recently had their CLT flights upgraded to CR7's.
DFW-GRB was also served at this time, as was DFW-RST (not mentioned above-but another one I could see coming back)

I could also see them try LNK-DFW.

For CLT, I think CLT-COU (Columbia Mo) is a given at some point. Maybe also FSD-CLT?

Glad to see them talking more midwest at PHX. I could see MSN go year around, as well as CID-PHX being added, and maybe perhaps FAR-PHX and SUX-PHX. BNA-PHX is kind of a big whole right now too.

Wow. That list is so long I can’t believe it. Hopefully most of them will come true. Only more short hauls can create more long hauls.

Varsity1

Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:06 am

B1168 wrote:
They should probably bring in a few more destinations to Asia... It is suffocatingly tough to call it the largest airline with only 42 weekly worth of flights from the entire China, including Hong Kong, some of which are done using mere 788s.
It is about time they begin exploiting CZ’s partnership and subsidies. If SZX-DUB can come true, what can’t?

BTW, I wonder if DFW-KEF/ANC can be done in a 7M8 if MIA-BSB have no problem with that. That is smaller than 757s.

So you suggest they launch more TPAC ULH flights into a market where sub $500 airfares are rampant, to compete with state owned Chinese carriers just to satisfy their reputation? :roll:
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

B1168

Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:15 am

Varsity1 wrote:
B1168 wrote:

So you suggest they launch more TPAC ULH flights into a market where sub $500 airfares are rampant, to compete with state owned Chinese carriers just to satisfy their reputation? :roll:

Notice what I highlighted—-with the support of SUBSIDIES. Subsidies can sometimes cover much of the expense of the operation; if so, with some passengers, it is not going to hurt. United have long kept their CTU-SFO operation, and if they want to, they probably can keep HGH as well. It seems to my humble opinion that based some airports’ insane curriculum of giving subsidies, expanding its market is legitimate.
Also, TPAC doesn’t mean just China, though I might implied it despite my actual intention. There is a lot more to China than Asia, and they are also considerably less exploited, aka less competition, aka expensive fares.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos