Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sagechan

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 pm

chepos wrote:
janders wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Airline Weekly has an interview with Vasu Raja. Largely talked a bunch about NYC and here are some highlights.

o AA had a challenging position in NYC, was long time money loser
o In many ways AA was trying to do too many things but was not big enough or good at most.
o Example - it was flying low-yield leisure routes like SJU, SDQ, EDI, and DUB.
o It also tried to generate connecting traffic through JFK Airport which further eroded financial picture
o "geriatric" B757s and B767 not competitive product
o “Can never compete on size in NYC, but can be the best airline for corporate and the high-end customer going to places like LA and London"
o Also offering routes like SFO, GRU, MAD, CDG along with hub cities like MIA and CLT plus strong AA markets as BNA and RDU all of a sudden NYC works.
o PHL works much better as a broader Atlantic gateway. Much lower airport cost, high volume feed, and strong hometown market position
o "Great affection" for B787. "perfectly sized" for taking risk with new international route development
o B772 replacement is long term consideration that needs answer -- options either refurb and keep longer(low capital cost), vs. replace with 787
o A220s or E-Jet E2s "might be good fit", but no rush. Large A319 fleet, nothing needed until at least 2025.
o What is Asia-Pacific strategy? -- built around 3 partners - China Southern, JAL and Qantas.

Thanks for posting the summary. Gotta give Vasu credit for his straight forward honest comments.

While NYC is certainly the largest market in the U.S. to me people make too big a deal that AA does not run a hub in the city. Between EWR, LGA and JFK, AA offers lots of capacity still. AA is #2 at LGA by far margin and in total flew nearly 17mil to/from NYC in 2018 between the 3 airports and serves key markets where is can win.

On the 787, yet another airline validates Boeing having created something that hits the sweet spot for airline route planners.

Regarding A220/E2 AA can sit back and watch the marketplace to see how things play out before they decide.

On the Pacific comment, it seems AA will for the foreseeable future will operate a smaller organic network and instead look to JV/ownership stake partners and their hubs to do a good portion of the lifting.

The only additional flying I can see at this time in the Pacific network are LAX-MEL to complement QF at peak times. BNE as a more distant possibility as QF will be adding capacity in that market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I can see BNE in 2 situations. Most likely is that QF wants AA to take over a flight to free up their aircraft for another use. The other option would be AA doing DFW-BNE as an additional flight, but wouldn't expect that any time soon.
717, 733, 734, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA, AS

usflyer msp

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:40 pm

I would actually like to see AA try to pick up a stake in OZ during their financial distress and create a JL/OZ/AA TPAC JV. This would go a long way overcoming the Tokyo airport split and other network problems of the AA/JL JV. JL is a better airline but OZ has a much more comprehensive Asian network at ICN than JL does at NRT or HND.

Ishrion

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:51 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
I would actually like to see AA try to pick up a stake in OZ during their financial distress and create a JL/OZ/AA TPAC JV. This would go a long way overcoming the Tokyo airport split and other network problems of the AA/JL JV. JL is a better airline but OZ has a much more comprehensive Asian network at ICN than JL does at NRT or HND.

Isn't the government planning on selling the airline? Or the group itself.

How significant is United's relationship with Asiana?

FSDan

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
LIH runway is too short for the 321neo to make phoenix.

I wonder what they'll do then once the LUS 757s are retiring next year... Cut LAX-PHX entirely? I suppose it's either that, or rotate an LAA 757 to PHX-LIH until those birds are retired themselves.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

jplatts

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am

FSDan wrote:
I wonder what they'll do then once the LUS 757s are retiring next year... Cut LAX-PHX entirely? I suppose it's either that, or rotate an LAA 757 to PHX-LIH until those birds are retired themselves.

AA will likely continue to serve PHX nonstop from LAX since AA has more market share at LAX than any other carrier and since AA has hubs at both LAX and PHX.

usflyer msp

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:42 am

FSDan wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

The will operate LIH-PHX with blocked seats if they have to.

usflyer msp

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:45 am

Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

OZ and UA don't really have much of a relationship, just some codeshares. They were approved for ATI but never implemented it and UA much prefers to route pax via NH/TYO due to the JV.

It would be a pretty easy swipe for AA...
Last edited by usflyer msp on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varsity1

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:46 am

LAA's A319's can actually do it with a full payload. No ETOPS though.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

chepos

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:27 am

Sharing info from the JonNYC Twitter feed,

https://mobile.twitter.com/xJonNYC/stat ... 88/photo/1

Fly the Flag!!!!

BNAMealer

Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:21 pm

LAXintl wrote:
o A220s or E-Jet E2s "might be good fit", but no rush. Large A319 fleet, nothing needed until at least 2025.

Absolutely they’d be a good fit. 75 to 100 A223’s to supplement the A319s and deployed to DFW/CLT/ORD would go a long way. All three of those hubs need upgauging.

Sslovtx87

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:18 am

usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

OZ and UA don't really have much of a relationship, just some codeshares. They were approved for ATI but never implemented it and UA much prefers to route pax via NH/TYO due to the JV.

From the network standpoint, I don’t see why AA would be interested. In addition to its own nonstops to Asia, they’re pretty well covered with their partners JL and CX.

Now, they have CZ covering China as well. Without CZ, cozying up with OZ might make sense since they do have a significant presence in China.

So that leaves a handful of Korean destinations that AA could codeshare with OZ.

BNAMealer

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:58 am

Sslovtx87 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

From the network standpoint, I don’t see why AA would be interested. In addition to its own nonstops to Asia, they’re pretty well covered with their partners JL and CX.

Now, they have CZ covering China as well. Without CZ, cozying up with OZ might make sense since they do have a significant presence in China.

So that leaves a handful of Korean destinations that AA could codeshare with OZ.

AA/JL (and UA/NH) suffer from a split operation between Tokyo airports, so it is not as competitive as DL/KE. And since CZ and CX cannot form jv’s with AA, adding OZ to the AA/JL jv would make them much more competitive vs UA/NH and DL/KE.

I actually think this makes a ton of sense the more I think about it, but given AA’s stubbornness, I don’t see it happening.

chepos

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:16 am

Investing in OZ as suggested would also appear to be a risky investment. They would add to the Asian network but also are on shaky ground at the moment. There may be a reason UA has not gotten as close to OZ as they could be (ATI approved, never implemented)?

Fly the Flag!!!!

usflyer msp

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 am

Sslovtx87 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

The JL/AA Asian network sucks. AA flies to all of 5 cities in Asia. JL flies to all of 21 Asian destinations from NRT and 33 from HND but most of those are domestic routes. In comparison, OZ flies to 57 cities in Asia from ICN including 22 in China alone. JAL has a great service but the aircraft configs are so premium heavy that only the major business destinations can support the product.

AA cannot have a JV with CX and frankly being hubbed in HKG is a liability right now.

CZ helps with China and theoretically could help in the rest of Asia but realistically is not going to in the short/medium term.

OZ/JL/AA would have a ton of potential and would gain easy regulatory approval since none of them are even the largest TPAC carrier from their respective country.

Detroit313

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 am

It appears Athens has been extended in 2020 according to aa.com. This year it ended on September 27th both from ORD and PHL which made no sense since Philadelphia had had the route in October, and in some cases April, for years now. Probably because ORD - ATH was brand new and they wanted to be cautious.

You can buy tickets on aa.com past September 27th 2020.

We should be getting an announcement with details about season extensions very soon based on what Vasu has said multiple times.

Ishrion

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:49 am

Detroit313 wrote:
It appears Athens has been extended in 2020 according to aa.com. This year it ended on September 27th both from ORD and PHL which made no sense since Philadelphia had had the route in October, and in some cases April, for years now. Probably because ORD - ATH was brand new and they wanted to be cautious.

We should be getting an announcement with details about season extensions very soon based on what Vasu has said multiple times.

Not 100% sure on that. The season for those routes may end that week. We can't confirm yet because the schedule hasn't been loaded for any dates in October.

Note that if this is true, PHL-DBV/TXL are also available for booking past Sept 27, 2020.

Ishrion

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:31 am

LAXintl

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:03 am

More from Airline Weekly and Vasu Raja. Lots about DFW

o DFW great hub. Metroplex economy is booming and by some measures 4th largest city in U.S already.
o Hub financial metrics great. Generated over $1bil profit.
o 23 new markets added while 84 existing markets received capacity boost this year
o Going from 800 to 900 in single year was largest hub expansion in more than a decade
o Made possible with the new Term E gates
o Will grow a bit more in 2020, but need to wait for future terminal developments otherwise
o Increasing intercontinental opportunities at DFW thanks to 787
o Terminal F is a “huge strategic priority”
o Pushing for 2025 time frame and likely about 24 gate facility
o With additional terminal DFW can become US largest airport
o MIA at about 350 flights right sized.
o LatAm enjoying unit revenue improvements after few marginal years.
o Brazil and Mexico seeing double digit improvements
o While connections flow important, South Florida also growing global O&D market.
o Other hubs like DFW could grow their own LatAm connectivity in years to come freeing up MIA capacity.
o Cuba overall among “most profitable markets in Carribean”
o Took 2-years to build secondary Cuba markets.
o "Great" relationship with Boeing. 737MAX will be worked out.
o Once on property 737MAX will release other equipment such as A319 to upgauge current regional flying from hubs like ORD.
o Priority on building new internal technology tools such as for forecasting. Today's AA tech is 15-20 years behind in codebase and in business assumptions.
o Desire is to have ability to see what a single flight does for the system at large. For example what does new HND-DFW flight mean for Louisiana market
o Used new tool to optimize future DFW-TLV to identify most number of unique O&D pairs and how to work the timings for the right connections
o Willing to experiment with new routes, but at same time quick to cut them - example PHL-Bologna which failed fast.
o Seek for further deepen and broaden global partnerships. Want to better optimize flying across multiple partners not on 1:1 basis as today but more holistic coordination covering different airlines and parts of the world simultaneously.
o Long term goal is to create ever more new market connections for AA customers.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Ishrion

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:24 am

LAXintl wrote:

o DFW great hub. Metroplex economy is booming and by some measures 4th largest city in U.S already.
o 23 new markets added while 84 existing markets received capacity boost this year
o Going from 800 to 900 in single year was largest hub expansion in more than a decade
o Will grow a bit more in 2020, but need to wait for future terminal developments otherwise
o While connections flow important, South Florida also growing global O&D market.
o Other hubs like DFW could grow their own LatAm connectivity in years to come freeing up MIA capacity.
o Once on property 737MAX will release other equipment such as A319 to upgauge current regional flying from hubs like ORD.
o Priority on building new internal technology tools such as for forecasting. Today's AA tech is 15-20 years behind in codebase and in business assumptions.
o Desire is to have ability to see what a single flight does for the system at large. For example what does new HND-DFW flight mean for Louisiana market
o Used new tool to optimize future DFW-TLV to identify most number of unique O&D pairs and how to work the timings for the right connections
o Willing to experiment with new routes, but at same time quick to cut them - example PHL-Bologna which failed fast.
o Seek for further deepen and broaden global partnerships. Want to better optimize flying across multiple partners not on 1:1 basis as today but more holistic coordination covering different airlines and parts of the world simultaneously.
o Long term goal is to create ever more new market connections for AA customers.

Nothing too new honestly.

Increasing intercontinental opportunities at DFW thanks to 787

Undeniably with AKL, DUB, MUC, etc. over the past few years. Wonder what's next.

Trying to put the nail in the former LATAM relationship.

Sucks that it's going to be broken down again.

Nice
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1434275

usairways85

Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pm

Ishrion wrote:

Appears to simply replace the 332 three days a week. I tried to find where it goes the rest of the week and did not find anything.

Looking at the first week in Feb:
    *PHL-LAS - daily 332. Though PHL-LAS is down to 2x day in the winter like last winter.
    *PHL-SFO - daily 332 and 763
    *PHL-SJU - daily 333
    *CLT-SJU - daily 332
    *CLT-CUN - daily 332

Detroit313

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Not 100% sure on that. The season for those routes may end that week. We can't confirm yet because the schedule hasn't been loaded for any dates in October.

Note that if this is true, PHL-DBV/TXL are also available for booking past Sept 27, 2020.

You are right. Bythe way, October 1st is bookable now too.

OslPhlWasChi

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:13 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Appears to simply replace the 332 three days a week. I tried to find where it goes the rest of the week and did not find anything.

*PHL-LAS - daily 332. Though PHL-LAS is down to 2x day in the winter like last winter.
    *PHL-SJU - daily 333
    *CLT-SJU - daily 332
    *CLT-CUN - daily 332

PHL-ZRH goes down to 4x weekly in Jan/Feb. I assume the 3x weekly PHL-LAX will use the same 788.

FSDan

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm

OslPhlWasChi wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

*PHL-SJU - daily 333
    *CLT-SJU - daily 332
    *CLT-CUN - daily 332

PHL-ZRH goes down to 4x weekly in Jan/Feb. I assume the 3x weekly PHL-LAX will use the same 788.

That makes sense. At the same time, AA may be able to perform a little extra maintenance on the 332s which will have a few extra overnights in PHL as a result.

BNAMealer

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 pm

LAXintl wrote:

I think it will be quite a while before DFW is the largest in the US. If they are talking sheet number of flights, then yes, AA in DFW will surpass DL in ATL within the next 5-7 years (or however long it takes to build F), but there is a ton of upgauging that needs to happen before DFW approaches ATL in pax numbers.

Good to see they plan to do some upgauging at ORD once the MAX returns. Hopefully BNA sees more consistent mainline on ORD then.

Detroit313

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:51 pm

So, DFW could become the largest airline hub in the world in a few years!

chepos

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:01 pm

It will be interesting to see what additional flying to LATAM happens from DFW. Maybe something like DFW-SDQ can become year round (or at least better frequency).

Fly the Flag!!!!

AA321T

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:46 pm

FSDan wrote:
OslPhlWasChi wrote:
usairways85 wrote:

*PHL-SJU - daily 333
    *CLT-SJU - daily 332
    *CLT-CUN - daily 332

That makes sense. At the same time, AA may be able to perform a little extra maintenance on the 332s which will have a few extra overnights in PHL as a result.

A major retrofit program is starting in January on the 332s to replace the IFE system and monitors. So this makes sense for them to reduce their flying.

Ishrion

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 pm

AA321T wrote:
FSDan wrote:
OslPhlWasChi wrote:

A major retrofit program is starting in January on the 332s to replace the IFE system and monitors. So this makes sense for them to reduce their flying.

Where'd you hear about the retrofit for A330s? Will they change seats to the ones found on the 787/777s?

USAirALB

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 pm

CLT-MCO also sees the A332 this February (presumably for the rest of Winter as well I didn't check) while CLT-PHX sees an A333.
AA321T wrote:

Thank god.

The ex2 system installed is getting a little old and buggy, and the touch screen system in Y is completely unresponsive at times.

I'm assuming they will also replace the Y seats with the same seats found on the 787/777? The A332 lacks adjustable headrests and power in Y.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

AA321T

Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:16 pm

USAirALB wrote:
CLT-MCO also sees the A332 this February (presumably for the rest of Winter as well I didn't check) while CLT-PHX sees an A333.
AA321T wrote:

Thank god.

The ex2 system installed is getting a little old and buggy, and the touch screen system in Y is completely unresponsive at times.

I'm assuming they will also replace the Y seats with the same seats found on the 787/777? The A332 lacks adjustable headrests and power in Y.

It’s just a replacement of the hardware and screens to a newer Panasonic system (which as you said is desperately needed). The seats are staying as-is for now, though the 332s should be due for a mid-life update here soon... I think AA just knows they can’t operate these planes overseas for another summer with a horribly unresponsive IFE product.

Boston757

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:02 am

Why is the LUS IFE product not up to par? LAA 777's and 787 are not bad,no and again the 777 have issues and have to reset but not to the point of shutting down the entire system that PHL/CLT fas do.

ONONONONONON

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:44 am

Boston757 wrote:
Why is the LUS IFE product not up to par? LAA 777's and 787 are not bad,no and again the 777 have issues and have to reset but not to the point of shutting down the entire system that PHL/CLT fas do.

Regarding the 330s, it's like trying to use a 10 year old smartphone today. Apps and software have progressed and use more processing power and ram but both the processing hardware and screen quality for that matter haven't been upgraded, so the end user gets a product that lags and freezes on occasion.

It was a great system when it came out but it's due for an upgrade.

USAirALB

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:47 am

Boston757 wrote:

It's old and technology becomes outdated and breaks down over time.

The system on the A330s is nearing 10 years old and just isn't as efficient as it used to be. That said, other ex2 systems on other carriers seem to work fine. I was on a CX A333 this past March that had the ex2 system and it worked great, as did the SQ 77W I flew on as well. It just seems odd that every time I'm using the IFE on an US/AA A330, they have to do a hard reset and I almost always get that little Linux error screen.

The LUS system must be fundamentally different than that of the LAA fleet, as I noticed AA doesn't broadcast VPAs (exit row and carry on briefing, level off announcement, automated seatbelt sign message, descent briefings, etc) over the IFE like they do on the LAA fleet.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

janders

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:04 pm

LAXintl wrote:

DFW does have much going for it, both as an airport, city, economics and geogprahy.

LAXintl wrote:
o "Great affection" for B787. "perfectly sized" for taking risk with new international route development

LAXintl wrote:

Vasu sure loves the 787.

LAXintl wrote:

Seems AA content with MIA staying pretty much where it is, and other hubs seeing growth.
I reckon they can successfully build added links to existing large MIA-Latin America markets via DFW in the coming years. Maybe even more from LAX such as return to Central America and more Mexico.

LAXintl wrote:

Too bad on the government policies will destroy that.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

UpNAWAy

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Which policies? I think everything is status quo?

LAXintl

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 pm

U.S government two weeks ago ordered airlines halt service to all Cuba markets except Havana.
AA is dropping 5 cities as result.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Detroit313

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:09 am

Berlin from Philadelphia and Athens both from Philadelphia and Chicago is now bookable on October the 2nd too. Hopefully they will last until October 23rd when the vast majority of seasonal routes end.

I think Dubrovnik too.

N649DL

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 am

usflyer msp wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

AA isn't going to dump this route. They'll delay the LUS 757 retirements if they have to, just like they've done with the LAA 757s with the hiatus of the MAX. Most of the LUS 757s are almost a designated sub-fleet for the PHX - Hawaii routes anyway as well.

FSDan

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 am

N649DL wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
FSDan wrote:

AA isn't going to dump this route. They'll delay the LUS 757 retirements if they have to, just like they've done with the LAA 757s with the hiatus of the MAX. Most of the LUS 757s are almost a designated sub-fleet for the PHX - Hawaii routes anyway as well.

The LUS 757s did just get extended by a year (they were originally going to be retired this year), but they'll still be gone by the end of 2020. AA's not going to keep a subfleet around just for that one route. If they want to keep the route around long term, I assume they'll either rotate in an LAA 757 on a routing such as DFW-PHX-LIH-PHX-DFW or PHL-PHX-LIH-PHX-PHL, or fly the route weight restricted on a 321N.

Ishrion

Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:22 am

Detroit313 wrote:
Berlin from Philadelphia and Athens both from Philadelphia and Chicago is now bookable on October the 2nd too. Hopefully they will last until October 23rd when the vast majority of seasonal routes end.

I think Dubrovnik too.

PHL-TXL/DBV/ATH, ORD-ATH. I'm guessing these will run until October 24/25 with ORD-PRG/BUD/KRK.

However, we're going to need to wait a bit more to see if Oct 2 is the final week of these operations.

Also, how long did DFW-AMS run this past season in 2019?

Side note: DFW-DUB downgauges from the 789 to the 788 effective September 9. Assuming this will run until its new set termination date of Oct 7.

Detroit313

Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:28 am

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

I think Dubrovnik too.

PHL-TXL/DBV/ATH, ORD-ATH. I'm guessing these will run until October 24/25 with ORD-PRG/BUD/KRK.

Side note: DFW-DUB downgauges from the 789 to the 788 effective September 9. Assuming this will run until its new set termination date of Oct 7.

I hope they run until then. The only other date in October when a route ends is October the 7th and it is the Dublin from Dallas that you mentioned. That's why in the back of my head I keep thinking that something from PHL and/or ORD could possibly end on that day too. Hopefully not.

Ishrion

Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 am

Another thing, PHL-MAN goes to the 788 beginning Jan 7.

However, from March 28 it reverts to the 763 into October.

Ishrion

Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:40 am

Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

I think Dubrovnik too.

I hope they run until then. The only other date in October when a route ends is October the 7th and it is the Dublin from Dallas that you mentioned. That's why in the back of my head I keep thinking that something from PHL and/or ORD could possibly end on that day too. Hopefully not.

Either way, isn't that technically an extension? By... one week.

ORD-ATH ended Sept. 28
TXL ended Sept. 28
DBV ended Sept. 27

Detroit313

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:07 am

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Either way, isn't that technically an extension? By... one week.

ORD-ATH ended Sept. 28
TXL ended Sept. 28
DBV ended Sept. 27

It would just be so odd to have a daily, successful route that has proven itself like ORD - ATH end on October the 7th while the brand new routes to Krakow, Prague and Budapest which are not daily and there's no history to rely on that they'll do well, fly until the 23rd.

In other words Athens would be an anomaly because every single other route ends on the 23rd. So fingers crossed.

Ishrion

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:15 am

Weird thing: PHL-PRG now shows 763 instead of A332 for the summer season. Premium Economy is still being sold. Not sure if this is an error on the 763 or PE side...

travaz

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Weird thing: PHL-PRG now shows 763 instead of A332 for the summer season. Premium Economy is still being sold. Not sure if this is an error on the 763 or PE side...

Could be a place holder for the route.

Ishrion

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm

travaz wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Looks like the PE display was temporary. PHL-PRG now shows 763 for the summer season. Seat map is updated on aa.com

chepos

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Ishrion wrote:
travaz wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Looks like the PE display was temporary. PHL-PRG now shows 763 for the summer season. Seat map is updated on aa.com

I wonder what that A330 will be doing instead? I believe FRA for the summer will move to the 333. I know CLT or PHL-FCO will operate with the 332.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Ishrion

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 pm

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
travaz wrote:

I wonder what that A330 will be doing instead? I believe FRA for the summer will move to the 333. I know CLT or PHL-FCO will operate with the 332.

I tried searching for it but I gave up. Nothing on PHL-BUD. Could it have been an accidental frame? Or maybe they haven't loaded anything for that A332...

Ishrion

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:05 am

Deleted
Last edited by Ishrion on Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos