Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:06 am

Deleted
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 am

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
travaz wrote:

Could be a place holder for the route.


Looks like the PE display was temporary. PHL-PRG now shows 763 for the summer season. Seat map is updated on aa.com


I wonder what that A330 will be doing instead? I believe FRA for the summer will move to the 333. I know CLT or PHL-FCO will operate with the 332.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well... this might be it:

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0565250048

Philadelphia – Zurich will see A330-200 replaces 787-8 from 07MAY20 to 04JUN20

Though, the 763 is still scheduled on PHL-BUD the entire summer season. The A332 is scheduled elsewhere from June 4.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Detroit313 wrote:

It would just be so odd to have a daily, successful route that has proven itself like ORD - ATH end on October the 7th while the brand new routes to Krakow, Prague and Budapest which are not daily and there's no history to rely on that they'll do well, fly until the 23rd.

In other words Athens would be an anomaly because every single other route ends on the 23rd. So fingers crossed.


Looks like PHL-DBV/TXL/ATH and ORD-ATH aren’t available anymore. So a week extension it seems like.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:22 pm

AA’s extended LAX-AKL loaded for Oct 7, aircraft showing 788 instead of 789.

Assuming it’ll upgauge to the 789 once DFW-AKL and LAX-CHC begin.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Is there any chance AA adds back FRA or MUC in the future from PHL?
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Is there any chance AA adds back FRA or MUC in the future from PHL?


I would guess once the XLR is on property it could be a possibility.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Detroit313
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

It would just be so odd to have a daily, successful route that has proven itself like ORD - ATH end on October the 7th while the brand new routes to Krakow, Prague and Budapest which are not daily and there's no history to rely on that they'll do well, fly until the 23rd.

In other words Athens would be an anomaly because every single other route ends on the 23rd. So fingers crossed.


Looks like PHL-DBV/TXL/ATH and ORD-ATH aren’t available anymore. So a week extension it seems like.


Well, that's sad. If Budapest and Prague can run until the 23rd of October both from ORD and PHL, Athens definitely could too in my opinion.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm

DFW-KOA switches to the 763 from February 13 to March 5
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

It would just be so odd to have a daily, successful route that has proven itself like ORD - ATH end on October the 7th while the brand new routes to Krakow, Prague and Budapest which are not daily and there's no history to rely on that they'll do well, fly until the 23rd.

In other words Athens would be an anomaly because every single other route ends on the 23rd. So fingers crossed.


Looks like PHL-DBV/TXL/ATH and ORD-ATH aren’t available anymore. So a week extension it seems like.


Well, that's sad. If Budapest and Prague can run until the 23rd of October both from ORD and PHL, Athens definitely could too in my opinion.


I’m not sure the Summer schedule is set in stone, more changes can come along. But with ATH being a very seasonal market it seems demand drops heavily into October.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5118
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:07 pm

chepos wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Looks like PHL-DBV/TXL/ATH and ORD-ATH aren’t available anymore. So a week extension it seems like.


Well, that's sad. If Budapest and Prague can run until the 23rd of October both from ORD and PHL, Athens definitely could too in my opinion.


I’m not sure the Summer schedule is set in stone, more changes can come along. But with ATH being a very seasonal market it seems demand drops heavily into October.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


But it doesn't drop for Budapest, Prague and Krakow, for example? I mean, they run for a couple of weeks more, not a huge difference. But still.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
chepos wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Well, that's sad. If Budapest and Prague can run until the 23rd of October both from ORD and PHL, Athens definitely could too in my opinion.


I’m not sure the Summer schedule is set in stone, more changes can come along. But with ATH being a very seasonal market it seems demand drops heavily into October.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


But it doesn't drop for Budapest, Prague and Krakow, for example? I mean, they run for a couple of weeks more, not a huge difference. But still.


It might not drop as much. ORD-ATH seems targeted to cruise passengers or those going to the Greek islands for a beach/sun holiday. The other cities are themselves the attraction. No one goes to PRG for the beaches, so I wouldn't be surprised if PRG passenger counts stay high a bit longer. What a stunning city during Christmas too - wow!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:21 pm

chepos wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Looks like PHL-DBV/TXL/ATH and ORD-ATH aren’t available anymore. So a week extension it seems like.


Well, that's sad. If Budapest and Prague can run until the 23rd of October both from ORD and PHL, Athens definitely could too in my opinion.


I’m not sure the Summer schedule is set in stone, more changes can come along. But with ATH being a very seasonal market it seems demand drops heavily into October.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The summer schedule isn’t close to finalized; there were changes past December last year (2x DFW-CDG/MAD).

This last week there were a few aircraft changes as well.

Surprisingly nothing has been formally announced regarding the 2x daily DFW-FCO.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3865
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Ishrion wrote:
DFW-KOA switches to the 763 from February 13 to March 5


I doubt that will stick. DFW does not see 763's. The schedule is only finalized to.2/12.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
DFW-KOA switches to the 763 from February 13 to March 5


I doubt that will stick. DFW does not see 763's. The schedule is only finalized to.2/12.


There were some DFW-PHL and some other 763 routes over the summer.
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 4327
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:05 pm

In March one of the 2 LAX-OKC frequencies will be operated by an A319. This isn't groundbreaking news for most of you, but significant for OKC as historically we have only had mainline service to only the largest of nearby hubs (ATL, DEN, IAH, DFW, etc.). It is encouraging to now get mainline service to other cities that have only been flown by RJ's.
 
AAIRLINERS
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm

vlad1971 wrote:
AA has no presence in IAD I think .....



I also think there is a good chance of IAD seasonally at least. As with BOS, no feed needed and there are very few large areas on the east coast that could support LHR with a 787/777 left.
 
Brandon757
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
DFW-KOA switches to the 763 from February 13 to March 5


I doubt that will stick. DFW does not see 763's. The schedule is only finalized to.2/12.


There were some DFW-PHL and some other 763 routes over the summer.

There was also a 763 MIA-DFW service today.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4164
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm sure there will be more changes, but currently PHL only has 1x 788 flight a day for S20.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 pm

usairways85 wrote:
I'm sure there will be more changes, but currently PHL only has 1x 788 flight a day for S20.


What do you mean? Temporary DFW/LAX/ORD-PHL 788 at the beginning, then PHL-AMS/MAN/ZRH on the 788 before MAN goes 763 in March. Then ZRH will temporarily switch to the A332 for a month then revert to the 788. AMS will remain 788 the entire year.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4164
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Ishrion wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
I'm sure there will be more changes, but currently PHL only has 1x 788 flight a day for S20.


What do you mean? Temporary DFW/LAX/ORD-PHL 788 at the beginning, then PHL-AMS/MAN/ZRH on the 788 before MAN goes 763 in March. Then ZRH will temporarily switch to the A332 for a month then revert to the 788. AMS will remain 788 the entire year.

I meant 1x on TA flights. Looks like PHL-MAN will be a 763. I was mistaken that ZRH is a 332 only up until the start of S20, but that schedule can change further into S20. And with only 1-2x 788 TA flights, the DFW/ORD-PHL 788 schedule may change.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
I'm sure there will be more changes, but currently PHL only has 1x 788 flight a day for S20.


What do you mean? Temporary DFW/LAX/ORD-PHL 788 at the beginning, then PHL-AMS/MAN/ZRH on the 788 before MAN goes 763 in March. Then ZRH will temporarily switch to the A332 for a month then revert to the 788. AMS will remain 788 the entire year.

I meant 1x on TA flights. Looks like PHL-MAN will be a 763. I was mistaken that ZRH is a 332 only up until the start of S20, but that schedule can change further into S20. And with only 1-2x 788 TA flights, the DFW/ORD-PHL 788 schedule may change.


The A332 on PHL-ZRH is only from May to June. It’ll be 788 from January to May and then from early June and on. DFW/ORD/LAX-PHL is temporary, but I’d expect it to return later.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:17 pm

PHL-ZRH on the 332 for a month is a bit random. Anybody know the reason for the up gauge, and for a month?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm

chepos wrote:
PHL-ZRH on the 332 for a month is a bit random. Anybody know the reason for the up gauge, and for a month?


Probably covering a 767 retirement while waiting for a 787 on order to be delivered.
Ben Soriano
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3865
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
DFW-KOA switches to the 763 from February 13 to March 5


I doubt that will stick. DFW does not see 763's. The schedule is only finalized to.2/12.


There were some DFW-PHL and some other 763 routes over the summer.


AA does not have a 763 base in DFW. All the 763 flights are to PHL or MIA where the 763 fleet is based.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

I doubt that will stick. DFW does not see 763's. The schedule is only finalized to.2/12.


There were some DFW-PHL and some other 763 routes over the summer.


AA does not have a 763 base in DFW. All the 763 flights are to PHL or MIA where the 763 fleet is based.


The A333 isn’t based in PHX, yet it operates CLT-PHX-HNL. Don’t see why the 763 can’t do MIA-DFW-KOA.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3865
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

There were some DFW-PHL and some other 763 routes over the summer.


AA does not have a 763 base in DFW. All the 763 flights are to PHL or MIA where the 763 fleet is based.


The A333 isn’t based in PHX, yet it operates CLT-PHX-HNL. Don’t see why the 763 can’t do MIA-DFW-KOA.


It is possible but the the 763 fleet was consolidated to PHL and MIA was because AA management believed the spread out ops were part of the reason they were so unreliable. Having them fly DFW-OGG, away from their spare parts and crews would defeat the logic behind that move...
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

AA does not have a 763 base in DFW. All the 763 flights are to PHL or MIA where the 763 fleet is based.


The A333 isn’t based in PHX, yet it operates CLT-PHX-HNL. Don’t see why the 763 can’t do MIA-DFW-KOA.


It is possible but the the 763 fleet was consolidated to PHL and MIA was because AA management believed the spread out ops were part of the reason they were so unreliable. Having them fly DFW-OGG, away from their spare parts and crews would defeat the logic behind that move...


KOA*

Again, the A333 on the CLT-PHX-HNL sector proves they’re willing to move aircraft wherever.

DFW used to have major 763 ops to South America, OGG, HNL, AMS, even LHR at one point.

I don’t believe PHX even had operations that large with the A330.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Delta will fly to Athens in 2020 from April 1st until the end of October. AA should start ATH on April 1st too.
 
sargester
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Delta will fly to Athens in 2020 from April 1st until the end of October. AA should start ATH on April 1st too.


I think they either start May 4th or April 4th, can't remember
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 am

AA adds 772 on MIA-BOS-MIA, effective March 30: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ce-in-s20/

AA029 BOS1525 – 1855MIA 772 D
AA1170 MIA1345 – 1705BOS 772 D

So, this confirms where the 772 is coming for BOS-LHR.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 am

The 2x daily DFW-HNL from January 7 to February 11 will be operated with one 788 and one 789 before it switches to two 789s on February 12. It then goes back to 2x 772 on March 5.
The 5x weekly on DFW-KOA is now back to a 772, was a 763
 
Sancho99504
Posts: 713
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:44 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 am

Does anyone know what the plan in SEA is? They've essentially cut nearly 50% of flying to PHX, PHL, CLT, ORD and MIA while DFW has lost one frequency and LAX is left untouched. JFK unsurprisingly was cut.
kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out-USMC
 
CanadianRedneck
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but good to see some 757 movements!
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ia-in-w19/

Charlotte – Boston 08JAN20 – 12FEB20 1 daily
Charlotte – Dallas/Ft. Worth 18DEC19 – 06JAN20 6 weekly
Philadelphia – Orlando 03NOV19 – 17DEC19 1 daily
Philadelphia – Vail/Eagle 21DEC19 – 04APR20 1 weekly
 
bridge29
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:42 pm

CanadianRedneck wrote:
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but good to see some 757 movements!
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ia-in-w19/

Charlotte – Boston 08JAN20 – 12FEB20 1 daily
Charlotte – Dallas/Ft. Worth 18DEC19 – 06JAN20 6 weekly
Philadelphia – Orlando 03NOV19 – 17DEC19 1 daily
Philadelphia – Vail/Eagle 21DEC19 – 04APR20 1 weekly


Also seeing the 757 on PHL-SAN mid-February.
 
KAUSavgeek
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:55 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:15 pm

IIRC I saw a post on here about 330's being transitioned for more domestic ops, can anyone confirm?
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Sancho99504 wrote:
Does anyone know what the plan in SEA is? They've essentially cut nearly 50% of flying to PHX, PHL, CLT, ORD and MIA while DFW has lost one frequency and LAX is left untouched. JFK unsurprisingly was cut.


I don't know but I definitely don't see them building a hub in SEA. Delta is eating them alive there. Unless a merger with Alaska happens, but I highly doubt it.
Ben Soriano
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2959
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:49 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... ssion=true

One international route American is targeting is Charlotte-Madrid, which currently has seasonal summer service but can go to year-round with the 321XLR.
 
BigGSFO
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:27 am

Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Interesting piece on AA's objective in Charlotte. I didn't realize that it was the world's 3rd largest hub (in terms departures) and AA is planning on adding flights, upgauging, grabbing more gates (as previous posted here). The article mentions MAD a potential year round destination using the 321Neos. What changes do you foresee or predict?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... b229727759
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Well,

DL in ATL and AA in DFW are larger. Didn't realize AA in CLT was larger than UA in ORD
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Ishrion wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2019/11/18/after-building-dallas-american-airlines-eyes-charlotte-for-growth-with-700-daily-departures/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

One international route American is targeting is Charlotte-Madrid, which currently has seasonal summer service but can go to year-round with the 321XLR.


I read this article earlier today and was very intrigued by that statement about CTL-MAD. I wonder if a lot of current seasonal European routes from CTL and even PHL could go year round because of the 321XLRs.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8305
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Departures is a dumb way to measure carrier size. It ignores both gauge and distance. RPMs or ASMs is better; seats, if that's the best you can do.
 
airlineworker
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:20 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Before adding more gates and flights, the ground operation needs to be upgraded. after landing, taking 15-25 minutes to reach the gate is just too long and its been this way for years.
 
User avatar
PW100
Posts: 4123
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:17 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 pm

There is *nothing* dump about hub departures; it gives a fairly good indication of the hub power in terms of connection possibilities. Not to mention future growth potential.

And for aviation nuts like me, the number of departures is closely correlated to the number of plane movements, which is a very good measure in my book anyway . . .
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"
 
User avatar
chunhimlai
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Like to see CLT build 4th and 5th runways
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 1119
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Is there any good measure of a hub that is based SOLELY on one aspect? Of course not. Each case is unique and worthy of its own independent examination.

For example, Chicago is a hub for three airlines at two different airports. AA's market share at ORD will be lower than at CLT, but that variable has now been accounted for.

In the case of AA at CLT, the number of departures - including regional service - is quite impressive! The fact that it continues to grow indicates that premium demand is strong, and thus will continue.

If CLT completes a 360 degree circling of the airport with taxiways, allowing planes to circumnavigate the entire airport rather than just via south of the terminals, efficiency will climb astronomically. It all depends on what needs to be done. If you can start to claim that your airport can "get 'em in and then get 'em out", you'll do well.

Congratulations to AA and CLT!!
 
DLPMMM
Posts: 2281
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:34 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Departures is a dumb way to measure carrier size. It ignores both gauge and distance. RPMs or ASMs is better; seats, if that's the best you can do.


RPMs and ASMs are good ways of measuring Airlines' sizes, but dumb for measuring airport sizes.

Airports are generally sized according to either the number of plane movements or the number of passenger arrival and departures.

How far someone is flying makes no difference to the airport...only planes and passengers.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:19 pm

chunhimlai wrote:
Like to see CLT build 4th and 5th runways

They are building the fourth.
 
User avatar
LotsaRunway
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Looking at capacity offered in the upcoming months, there is some evidence that AA is shifting connection capacity from PHL to CLT for Northeast-Southeast/Florida flow.
CLT may have some ground limitations, but PHL is located in the middle of a Northeast inflight logjam every time the weather clouds over.
 
BigGSFO
Posts: 2277
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:27 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:33 pm

I would love to see more nonstops in the west: Portland (more than one seasonal daily red eye), Orange County, maybe a resumption of Honolulu. With 700+ departures, I am still skeptical about an Asian nonstop, but who knows. I don't know the business and cultural connections between CLT/NC and Asia.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10739
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:14 pm

airlineworker wrote:
Before adding more gates and flights, the ground operation needs to be upgraded. after landing, taking 15-25 minutes to reach the gate is just too long and its been this way for years.

The only way to change that is to basically demolish the entire terminal and rebuild in a better layout. But I agree CLT is very annoying when it comes to ground movement and having to sit multiple times in a congo line waiting for an alleyway to clear for someone. God help you if you are on an Eagle flight landing on 36L/18R.
Last edited by Polot on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos