Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Delta28L
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Phoenix757767 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:
Like to see CLT build 4th and 5th runways

They are building the fourth.


They already have four unless the crosswind runway was decommissioned.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:24 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Departures is a dumb way to measure carrier size. It ignores both gauge and distance. RPMs or ASMs is better; seats, if that's the best you can do.


No it's not at all. Unless your in the airline industry no one cares about ASMs, RPM's or seats. Destinations served, passenger enplanements and departures are all the standard of measure in the real world.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
UALFAson
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:41 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:37 pm

Gawd, no more growth at CLT, please! It is already bursting at the seams and becoming my least favorite airport to connect through. While the current cosmetic refreshing is nice, I guess, it does nothing to alleviate the fact that the concourses are too narrow and sometimes impossible to navigate through during the banks without physically pushing people out of the way. The terminal cannot handle any more upgauging even if the ramp technically can.

I have long wondered does ATC ever catch up or is there just a conga line of flights waiting for departure all day long? The ground time AA has padded into flights because of this stupid re-banking craze is bonkers--I live in Nashville and the 55-minute BNA-CLT flight has 45-50 minutes of ground time factored in, almost all of it on the CLT side. The wait times for gates after landing is ridiculous. I am trying to connect more through DCA when possible.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Delta28L wrote:
Phoenix757767 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:
Like to see CLT build 4th and 5th runways

They are building the fourth.


They already have four unless the crosswind runway was decommissioned.

It’s rarely used. They are going to build another 10,000 foot parallel runway and 5/23 will be decommissioned. I
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm

UALFAson wrote:
Gawd, no more growth at CLT, please! It is already bursting at the seams and becoming my least favorite airport to connect through. While the current cosmetic refreshing is nice, I guess, it does nothing to alleviate the fact that the concourses are too narrow and sometimes impossible to navigate through during the banks without physically pushing people out of the way. The terminal cannot handle any more upgauging even if the ramp technically can.

I have long wondered does ATC ever catch up or is there just a conga line of flights waiting for departure all day long? The ground time AA has padded into flights because of this stupid re-banking craze is bonkers--I live in Nashville and the 55-minute BNA-CLT flight has 45-50 minutes of ground time factored in, almost all of it on the CLT side. The wait times for gates after landing is ridiculous. I am trying to connect more through DCA when possible.

The whole terminal is starting a six year rebuild.

https://www.charlottestories.com/3-d-fl ... -makeover/
 
N628AU
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 4:20 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 pm

The renovation doesn’t fix the issues with the terminals and airfield layout which were fine in the 80s/90s days of Piedmont and old US. Only thing they can do now except a total raze and rebuild is to add cross field taxiways where 5/23 currently is to eliminate some of the conga lines along with the third west side parallel and 2nd east side parallel. Won’t help the B and C Concourse overcrowding which were built for 737-200s, F28, F100, and smaller 727 aircraft which now see regular 737-800 and 321 service.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:58 pm

N628AU wrote:
The renovation doesn’t fix the issues with the terminals and airfield layout which were fine in the 80s/90s days of Piedmont and old US. Only thing they can do now except a total raze and rebuild is to add cross field taxiways where 5/23 currently is to eliminate some of the conga lines along with the third west side parallel and 2nd east side parallel. Won’t help the B and C Concourse overcrowding which were built for 737-200s, F28, F100, and smaller 727 aircraft which now see regular 737-800 and 321 service.

All the taxiways are going to be reconfigured when the B and C extensions are done.
 
N628AU
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 4:20 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:05 pm

The renovation doesn’t fix the issues with the terminals and airfield layout which were fine in the 80s/90s days of Piedmont and old US. Only thing they can do now except a total raze and rebuild is to add cross field taxiways where 5/23 currently is to eliminate some of the conga lines along with the third west side parallel and 2nd east side parallel. Won’t help the B and C Concourse overcrowding which were built for 737-200s, F28, F100, and smaller 727 aircraft which now see regular 737-800 and 321 service.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3025
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:10 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Well,

DL in ATL and AA in DFW are larger. Didn't realize AA in CLT was larger than UA in ORD


Yes they are bigger than UA at ORD.

Keep in mind UA has maxed out all of our available space at ORD especially during the busy summer travel season. Until ORD constructs new gates UA at least is max out. Nowadays during the summer if UA wants to add more flights at ORD especially from 8 a.m. through 9 p.m. it means UA has to reduce flight or frequency somewhere because there are no more gates available and UA has snatched up every available gate that we could in terminal 2. Think back to when DL and NW first merged DL had a lot more gates at T2 fast forward to today and UA has been successful in taking a few gates away from DL at ORD but there are no more gates UA can steal away from DL. This means for now UA has hit its summer time limit at ORD in terms of total number of departures or UA has to add flight at less optimal times which would be from 5 a.m- 8 a.m. or from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
 
GSPSPOT
Posts: 2553
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:44 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
f CLT completes a 360 degree circling of the airport with taxiways, allowing planes to circumnavigate the entire airport rather than just via south of the terminals, efficiency will climb astronomically. It all depends on what needs to be done. If you can start to claim that your airport can "get 'em in and then get 'em out", you'll do well.

Exactly. No need to completely reinvent the wheel terminal-wise. This should be doable, no?
Great Lakes, great life.
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 am

Phoenix757767 wrote:
UALFAson wrote:
Gawd, no more growth at CLT, please! It is already bursting at the seams and becoming my least favorite airport to connect through. While the current cosmetic refreshing is nice, I guess, it does nothing to alleviate the fact that the concourses are too narrow and sometimes impossible to navigate through during the banks without physically pushing people out of the way. The terminal cannot handle any more upgauging even if the ramp technically can.

I have long wondered does ATC ever catch up or is there just a conga line of flights waiting for departure all day long? The ground time AA has padded into flights because of this stupid re-banking craze is bonkers--I live in Nashville and the 55-minute BNA-CLT flight has 45-50 minutes of ground time factored in, almost all of it on the CLT side. The wait times for gates after landing is ridiculous. I am trying to connect more through DCA when possible.

The whole terminal is starting a six year rebuild.

https://www.charlottestories.com/3-d-fl ... -makeover/

Not quite a rebuild, from the video that will help with O/D traffic but the extensions on B & C will only make the terminal issues worse cramming more people in the same amount of over crowded space.

Imagine the revenue opportunity of shaving 15-20 minutes off the block time of 700 flights per day (reducing taxi times from 45-50 mins to 30 minutes even), at an average of 4-5 round trips per day on a frame, that would probably work out to an extra rotation in & out of the hub.

N628AU wrote:
The renovation doesn’t fix the issues with the terminals and airfield layout which were fine in the 80s/90s days of Piedmont and old US. Only thing they can do now except a total raze and rebuild is to add cross field taxiways where 5/23 currently is to eliminate some of the conga lines along with the third west side parallel and 2nd east side parallel. Won’t help the B and C Concourse overcrowding which were built for 737-200s, F28, F100, and smaller 727 aircraft which now see regular 737-800 and 321 service.

Agreed, that looks to solve the O/D congestion getting into & out of the terminal, but I didn't see anything in there to deal with the terminal over crowding issues... I'm curious how far it will be distance wise from the F gates to the end of the B concourse.
1.4mm and counting...
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:47 am

Polot wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
Before adding more gates and flights, the ground operation needs to be upgraded. after landing, taking 15-25 minutes to reach the gate is just too long and its been this way for years.

The only way to change that is to basically demolish the entire terminal and rebuild in a better layout. But I agree CLT is very annoying when it comes to ground movement and having to sit multiple times in a congo line waiting for an alleyway to clear for someone. God help you if you are on an Eagle flight landing on 36L/18R.


I'm hoping closing runway 5/23 and converting to a taxiway would help alleviate the congestion, at least in part.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2019/11/18/after-building-dallas-american-airlines-eyes-charlotte-for-growth-with-700-daily-departures/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

One international route American is targeting is Charlotte-Madrid, which currently has seasonal summer service but can go to year-round with the 321XLR.


I read this article earlier today and was very intrigued by that statement about CTL-MAD. I wonder if a lot of current seasonal European routes from CTL and even PHL could go year round because of the 321XLRs.


I think a few could. CLT-MAD makes sense due to the JV connections available beyond MAD. If AA and EI start to cooperate more fully in the future, CLT-DUB could also make sense to keep year round on the 321XLR. I could also see CDG working year round as it's a major business destination as well as a tourist draw. I think BCN and FCO aren't likely 321XLR routes from CLT. They are more seasonal and tourist oriented - capable of filling large widebody aircraft in the summer but with drop offs in demand in the winter.

One reason Vasu gave for wanting to bring the 321XLRs into CLT was gate space. AA really doesn't have the ability to handle any additional A330 flights from CLT in peak summer due to limited widebody gates, but the 321XLRs could open up additional possibilities while conserving gates.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:35 am

FSDan wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2019/11/18/after-building-dallas-american-airlines-eyes-charlotte-for-growth-with-700-daily-departures/amp/?__twitter_impression=true



I read this article earlier today and was very intrigued by that statement about CTL-MAD. I wonder if a lot of current seasonal European routes from CTL and even PHL could go year round because of the 321XLRs.


I think a few could. CLT-MAD makes sense due to the JV connections available beyond MAD. If AA and EI start to cooperate more fully in the future, CLT-DUB could also make sense to keep year round on the 321XLR. I could also see CDG working year round as it's a major business destination as well as a tourist draw. I think BCN and FCO aren't likely 321XLR routes from CLT. They are more seasonal and tourist oriented - capable of filling large widebody aircraft in the summer but with drop offs in demand in the winter.

One reason Vasu gave for wanting to bring the 321XLRs into CLT was gate space. AA really doesn't have the ability to handle any additional A330 flights from CLT in peak summer due to limited widebody gates, but the 321XLRs could open up additional possibilities while conserving gates.


Once the green light is given for EI to join the TA JV I would imagine they would cooperate closely with AA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 am

Charlotte and DFW are great hubs. Glad to see them explode in traffic and grow.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 am

Duplicate post. Please delete.
Last edited by Runway28L on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 am

AA has loaded in Saturday-only LGA-TPA/EYW/SRQ/RSW/FLL service.

AA4498 E75 LGA 0832 TPA 1142
AA4498 E75 TPA 1215 LGA 1505

AA4679 E75 LGA 1125 EYW 1510
AA4679 E75 EYW 1545 LGA 1900

AA4660 E75 LGA 0857 SRQ 1212
AA4660 E75 SRQ 1300 LGA 1600

AA4565 E75 LGA 0820 RSW 1135
AA4565 E75 RSW 1205 LGA 1615

AA1105 738 LGA 0900 FLL 1215
AA2625 738 FLL 1400 LGA 1700

All begin February 15.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 am

Read on a Poland thread on this site that ORD-KRK has been upped to 6x a week. Anyone heard anything else along those lines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:10 am

chepos wrote:
Read on a Poland thread on this site that ORD-KRK has been upped to 6x a week. Anyone heard anything else along those lines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


https://www.pasazer.com/news/42596/amer ... icago.html

ORD-BUD goes from 4x to 6x weekly.
ORD-KRK goes from 5x to 6x weekly

Planes from Prague to the Windy City are also expected to fly more often


However, this was article was posted 2 weeks ago, but I don't think anything's been loaded?

There's been a bunch of changes in AA's summer 2020 EU schedule, such as a one-week extension for ORD-ATH, PHL-TXL/DBV and the 2x daily DFW-FCO.

Nothing has been officially announced on those either, so I'm assuming AA will do a large wave to encompass everything.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:
Read on a Poland thread on this site that ORD-KRK has been upped to 6x a week. Anyone heard anything else along those lines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


https://www.pasazer.com/news/42596/amer ... icago.html

ORD-BUD goes from 4x to 6x weekly.
ORD-KRK goes from 5x to 6x weekly

Planes from Prague to the Windy City are also expected to fly more often


However, this was article was posted 2 weeks ago, but I don't think anything's been loaded?

There's been a bunch of changes in AA's summer 2020 EU schedule, such as a one-week extension for ORD-ATH, PHL-TXL/DBV and the 2x daily DFW-FCO.

Nothing has been officially announced on those either, so I'm assuming AA will do a large wave to encompass everything.


Honestly not sure if this is true, AA didn’t add these frequencies in its “20 Routes for 2020” news release.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Wow at Chicago to Europe. Every route they have added in the last 2-3 years has been exceeding expectations. Not surprised by the increased frequencies.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4168
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:
Read on a Poland thread on this site that ORD-KRK has been upped to 6x a week. Anyone heard anything else along those lines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


https://www.pasazer.com/news/42596/amer ... icago.html

ORD-BUD goes from 4x to 6x weekly.
ORD-KRK goes from 5x to 6x weekly

Planes from Prague to the Windy City are also expected to fly more often


However, this was article was posted 2 weeks ago, but I don't think anything's been loaded?

There's been a bunch of changes in AA's summer 2020 EU schedule, such as a one-week extension for ORD-ATH, PHL-TXL/DBV and the 2x daily DFW-FCO.

Nothing has been officially announced on those either, so I'm assuming AA will do a large wave to encompass everything.

FWIW, none of these changes are reflected in the AA press release today that included both new domestic routes and these previously announced routes.

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26286
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Runway28L wrote:
AA has loaded in Saturday-only LGA-TPA/EYW/SRQ/RSW/FLL service.

AA4498 E75 LGA 0832 TPA 1142
AA4498 E75 TPA 1215 LGA 1505

AA4679 E75 LGA 1125 EYW 1510
AA4679 E75 EYW 1545 LGA 1900

AA4660 E75 LGA 0857 SRQ 1212
AA4660 E75 SRQ 1300 LGA 1600

AA4565 E75 LGA 0820 RSW 1135
AA4565 E75 RSW 1205 LGA 1615

AA1105 738 LGA 0900 FLL 1215
AA2625 738 FLL 1400 LGA 1700

All begin February 15.


They only operate for two Saturdays, February 15th and February 22nd, except for RSW/EYW (which I believe were previously announced)

I think this is Ski Week for schools and they have a week off.
a.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 pm

They need to release that press release with details on seasonal extensions that Vasu has promised us so that things become clearer.
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:33 am

Detroit313 wrote:
Wow at Chicago to Europe. Every route they have added in the last 2-3 years has been exceeding expectations. Not surprised by the increased frequencies.

Apologies for the skepticism and if I’m missing sarcasm, but for an underperforming company that thinks the Max and mechanics are the root of the problem; do we really think these are “exceeding benchmarks” beyond aa management definitions? It’s possible, I admit, but the fact that no one else has followed their lead in most markets is a bit suspect....
1.4mm and counting...
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:52 am

Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:
Read on a Poland thread on this site that ORD-KRK has been upped to 6x a week. Anyone heard anything else along those lines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


https://www.pasazer.com/news/42596/amer ... icago.html

ORD-BUD goes from 4x to 6x weekly.
ORD-KRK goes from 5x to 6x weekly

Planes from Prague to the Windy City are also expected to fly more often


However, this was article was posted 2 weeks ago, but I don't think anything's been loaded?

There's been a bunch of changes in AA's summer 2020 EU schedule, such as a one-week extension for ORD-ATH, PHL-TXL/DBV and the 2x daily DFW-FCO.

Nothing has been officially announced on those either, so I'm assuming AA will do a large wave to encompass everything.


Honestly not sure if this is true, AA didn’t add these frequencies in its “20 Routes for 2020” news release.


I have my doubts on those increases as well. Until an official announcement is made, I will take it with a grain of salt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:07 am

PHL-PRG returns to the A332 from June 5.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

AA Extends Philadelphia to Dubrovnik

Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:30 am

Not sure if this was added today or was loaded in earlier.

AA will be extending PHL-DBV into October for the 2020 season. In comparison, PHL-DBV in summer 2019 ended September 27.

While AA's PHL-TXL flight ends October 6, it appears that PHL-DBV is scheduled further into October, currently loaded as far as AA's 330 day booking system ends (Oct. 20)

However, it looks like it will only run 3x weekly during this time opposed to its daily frequency in the summer.

Not sure if there were any other extensions/changes loaded.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: AA Extends Philadelphia to Dubrovnik

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:10 am

Ishrion wrote:
Not sure if this was added today or was loaded in earlier.

AA will be extending PHL-DBV into October for the 2020 season. In comparison, PHL-DBV in summer 2019 ended September 27.

While AA's PHL-TXL flight ends October 6, it appears that PHL-DBV is scheduled further into October, currently loaded as far as AA's 330 day booking system ends (Oct. 20)

However, it looks like it will only run 3x weekly during this time opposed to its daily frequency in the summer.

Not sure if there were any other extensions/changes loaded.


Nice to see DBV get extended, not surprising as it seems popular with tourist.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 13334
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: AA Extends Philadelphia to Dubrovnik

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:32 am

Thrilled to see such a route not only survive, but get extended. Was never worried about the popularity, but was concerned if the yield could justify it.

Glad to see that it seems to have done just that! :cloudnine:
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:56 pm

Wow, so the Croatia route will run until October 24th too. Did this just happen or that's how it's been for a few weeks now? I thought it was going to end on October the 6th. I wish they'd let Athens run until the end of Ocober too.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Wow, so the Croatia route will run until October 24th too. Did this just happen or that's how it's been for a few weeks now? I thought it was going to end on October the 6th. I wish they'd let Athens run until the end of Ocober too.


It might’ve been there for a few weeks now. I stopped looking at it after I saw it ended on the 6th but I didn’t realize it reduced frequency.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Wow, so the Croatia route will run until October 24th too. Did this just happen or that's how it's been for a few weeks now? I thought it was going to end on October the 6th. I wish they'd let Athens run until the end of Ocober too.


It might’ve been there for a few weeks now. I stopped looking at it after I saw it ended on the 6th but I didn’t realize it reduced frequency.


It's probably been there and we didn't notice. It's nice to see AA experimenting with reducing frequency in order to run a route longer.
 
bigb
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Forbes: after building Dallas, AA focuses on CLT

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Polot wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
Before adding more gates and flights, the ground operation needs to be upgraded. after landing, taking 15-25 minutes to reach the gate is just too long and its been this way for years.

The only way to change that is to basically demolish the entire terminal and rebuild in a better layout. But I agree CLT is very annoying when it comes to ground movement and having to sit multiple times in a congo line waiting for an alleyway to clear for someone. God help you if you are on an Eagle flight landing on 36L/18R.


I'm hoping closing runway 5/23 and converting to a taxiway would help alleviate the congestion, at least in part.



They already are using 5/23 as a taxiway when not in use. The bottleneck is ramps.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

American Airlines Goes Daily On DFW-TLV

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:13 am

Well... dang.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2020/

From October 25, 2020, the route increases from 3x weekly to daily.

Seems like this route is performing well-above expectations considering it's about 10 months from the inaugural.
 
Antarius
Posts: 2717
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: American Airlines Goes Daily On DFW-TLV

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 am

Same thing happened with the PHX-LHR flight. Cool.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Goes Daily On DFW-TLV

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:17 am

Antarius wrote:
Same thing happened with the PHX-LHR flight. Cool.


PHX-LHR was always daily. AA only extended the flight to year-round from seasonal.

DFW-TLV was always year-round.
 
Antarius
Posts: 2717
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: American Airlines Goes Daily On DFW-TLV

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:21 am

Ishrion wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Same thing happened with the PHX-LHR flight. Cool.


PHX-LHR was always daily. AA only extended the flight to year-round from seasonal.

DFW-TLV was always year-round.


Ahh yes. My mistake.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: American Airlines Goes Daily On DFW-TLV

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:03 am

Ishrion wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Same thing happened with the PHX-LHR flight. Cool.


PHX-LHR was always daily. AA only extended the flight to year-round from seasonal.

DFW-TLV was always year-round.


Always year-round, but I don’t believe it was daily before. Those launch subsidies really help as an insurance policy here I would think.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:24 am

Wow at Tel Aviv!!! Now bring it back to Philadelphia too.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

Ishrion wrote:
Well... dang.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2020/

From October 25, 2020, the route increases from 3x weekly to daily.

Seems like this route is performing well-above expectations considering it's about 10 months from the inaugural.


Interesting, particularly considering some of our expert Airliners.net route planners frowned upon this route.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5435
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:46 pm

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Well... dang.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2020/

From October 25, 2020, the route increases from 3x weekly to daily.

Seems like this route is performing well-above expectations considering it's about 10 months from the inaugural.


Interesting, particularly considering some of our expert Airliners.net route planners frowned upon this route.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I have trouble believing this is solely due to advanced bookings, I have a hard time seeing how any route (not just this one) would be able to sell enough seats to warrant it going daily after being bookable for a month. It would also be pretty reckless to more than double frequencies based on sales 10 months before departure of a brand new route, of which you don't fully know the booking curve.

I am sure the flight is probably selling well, but there is probably more to it than just that. Especially, considering the day they plan on starting daily isn't even bookable in their system yet.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Detroit313
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:15 pm

I think it won't be long before Philadelphia gets Tel Aviv again. Especially with the 787 now in Philly.
 
fly2moon
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Success of new Europe destinations out of ORD and PHL could mean more opportunities starting in 2021. Air Serbia seems to be indefinitely postponing expansion plans out of Belgrade BEG to ORD and YYZ to focus on regional expansion. That might spark AA’s interest for ORD-BEG or PHL-BEG. VINCI, new BEG airport manager, is apparently working on new long haul services.
 
sargester
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:25 pm

Mark my words, JFK will get TLV before any other station...
 
User avatar
IrishAyes
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:31 pm

sargester wrote:
Mark my words, JFK will get TLV before any other station...


PHL provides superior connectivity and NYCTLV is crowded as-is with UA, DL, and LY in the market, with multiple daily frequencies each.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm

sargester wrote:
Mark my words, JFK will get TLV before any other station...

Marked, though that is a bold claim. Unless JFK is suppose to get the 787 next couple years I don't see it happening.
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1759
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:36 pm

fly2moon wrote:
Success of new Europe destinations out of ORD and PHL could mean more opportunities starting in 2021. Air Serbia seems to be indefinitely postponing expansion plans out of Belgrade BEG to ORD and YYZ to focus on regional expansion. That might spark AA’s interest for ORD-BEG or PHL-BEG. VINCI, new BEG airport manager, is apparently working on new long haul services.


That would be a truly shocking addition. AA is just now getting around to serving the ORD-Europe tourist markets. I'm sure BEG is a fine place but it's no PRG or BUD, or even KRK when it comes to tourism.
 
fly2moon
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:08 pm

9w748capt wrote:
fly2moon wrote:
Success of new Europe destinations out of ORD and PHL could mean more opportunities starting in 2021. Air Serbia seems to be indefinitely postponing expansion plans out of Belgrade BEG to ORD and YYZ to focus on regional expansion. That might spark AA’s interest for ORD-BEG or PHL-BEG. VINCI, new BEG airport manager, is apparently working on new long haul services.


That would be a truly shocking addition. AA is just now getting around to serving the ORD-Europe tourist markets. I'm sure BEG is a fine place but it's no PRG or BUD, or even KRK when it comes to tourism.


Look closer, ORD-BEG demand and connectivity options for key midwest and west markets is already there for 2pw seasonal.

Compare that to ORD-KRK that will be served 11 times per week on AA+LO combined, now that's shocking. Where's yield in that?
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:32 pm

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Well... dang.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2020/

From October 25, 2020, the route increases from 3x weekly to daily.

Seems like this route is performing well-above expectations considering it's about 10 months from the inaugural.


Interesting, particularly considering some of our expert Airliners.net route planners frowned upon this route.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope PHL-CMN sees similar success.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos