N62NA
Topic Author

jet2Holidays and Allegiant Air - Exact Same Liveries!

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Anyone ever notice this?

Are these airlines both owned by the same company?

eicvd

Re: jet2Holidays and Allegiant Air - Exact Same Liveries!

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 pm

N62NA wrote:
Anyone ever notice this?

No link between either company at all. Well certainly none that require having a very very similar livery.
COYBIB

albertocsc

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:44 pm

There are already some threads on this topic and similar ones. But I can make a short explanation.
Jet2 actually has a grey/red/white livery. But they leased some Allegiant 757s, they liked it, and from that moment, Jet2 uses the Allegiant livery as their secondary one, even on 737s.

MalevTU134

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 pm

N62NA wrote:
Anyone ever notice this?

Someone may have noticed it...and it took 10 seconds to find it in Google

viewtopic.php?t=1355989

FlyThiz

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:51 pm

I was always wondering if there was some relation between the two, but was too lazy to research it. Thank you!
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

N62NA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:13 pm

albertocsc wrote:
There are already some threads on this topic and similar ones. But I can make a short explanation.
Jet2 actually has a grey/red/white livery. But they leased some Allegiant 757s, they liked it, and from that moment, Jet2 uses the Allegiant livery as their secondary one, even on 737s.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

MalevTU134 wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=1355989

And to you and those who post "Why didn't you use the search / look it up!" How many times do I have to explain to you people that the point of the site is to discuss aviation stuff. That, plus the fact that the moderators don't like it when you resurrect a "dead" topic that is more than a few months old (the topic you identified is TWO years old) is why I posted this as a new topic. I can't tell you how many times a new discussion of something that was discussed in the past has provided me with great information, and given others who may not have been aware of the old topic the ability to chime in. Does ANY of that make sense to you and the others who constantly attack other members here with this very tired, old put down?

JannEejit

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm

The Allegiant 757's were ex Britannia/Thomson fleet. They got sold to Allegiant and painted up in base livery. Allegiant then deferred entry into service and Jet2 leased them for a year or two, applying their decals which became an interim livery. Then they just started using it on their other aircraft to promote Jet 2 Holidays, albeit with some slight variations on the tail sunny art. The only other time I've seen something similar was when UK independent airline Channel Airways adopted the Continental Golden Jet livery as their own after buying some ex Continental Viscounts, still in base livery, but then actively painting their other aircraft the same way.

gabik001

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:21 pm

CM and UA?
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

MalevTU134

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:22 pm

N62NA wrote:
albertocsc wrote:

MalevTU134 wrote:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1355989

And to you and those who post "Why didn't you use the search / look it up!" How many times do I have to explain to you people that the point of the site is to discuss aviation stuff. That, plus the fact that the moderators don't like it when you resurrect a "dead" topic that is more than a few months old (the topic you identified is TWO years old) is why I posted this as a new topic. I can't tell you how many times a new discussion of something that was discussed in the past has provided me with great information, and given others who may not have been aware of the old topic the ability to chime in. Does ANY of that make sense to you and the others who constantly attack other members here with this very tired, old put down?

Weird way you have to say thank you for showing you that old thread. Obviously you didn't care to search in Google. Or if you did, and really wanted to have a discussion and learn, why did you not link to that thread??...

MalevTU134

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 pm

gabik001 wrote:
CM and UA?

Continental Airlines used to own 49% (I think) of CM, which is the reason of the similar logo and livery, which was then taken on by post-merger UA.

N62NA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:26 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
N62NA wrote:
albertocsc wrote:

MalevTU134 wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=1355989

Weird way you have to say thank you for showing you that old thread. Obviously you didn't care to search in Google. Or if you did, and really wanted to have a discussion and learn, why did you not link to that thread??...

Not taking the bait.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos