User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 3263
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 pm

The tweet says it all. 3 routes including 2 new routes to BNA. Could this be correlated to the SAT announcement?

https://twitter.com/Fly_Nashville/statu ... 77856?s=19
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
evank516
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Wonder if B6 is going to announce JFK?
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Two of the replies to that tweet are guessing PDX. Of course, that's not any indication, just thought I'd point that out.

I hope that's the case! I think Alaska does announce new routes on Tuesdays, IIRC.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:48 pm

On a serious note, I would guess Spirit.
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Watch SY expand some more. Could be a nice little focus city for their new operation and Nashville is hot right now.

I think the lack of the phrase "new airline" is key. BNA likes to tout new airlines. So I'm guess F9 or SY with an outside shot of NK.
 
jplatts
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 pm

CAK, AVL, ACY, CRW, GSO, BDL, LBE, IAG, PBG, and PDX are currently the only destinations served by NK that don't currently have any nonstop service to BNA on any airline.

I think that NK might announce BDL-BNA and IAG-BNA nonstop service tomorrow since NK might be targeting leisure traffic to Nashville from the Northeastern U.S. BDL and IAG are also located in two of the largest markets in the Northeast that don't currently have any nonstop service to BNA.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 pm

I think the lack of the phrase "new airline" is key. BNA likes to tout new airlines. So I'm guess F9 or SY with an outside shot of NK.[/quote]

They haven’t always touted a new airline in announcement teases. Keep in mind, they did move Contour/Boutique’s counter to a makeshift desk by the terminal entrance.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm

tys777 wrote:
Watch SY expand some more. Could be a nice little focus city for their new operation and Nashville is hot right now.

I think the lack of the phrase "new airline" is key. BNA likes to tout new airlines. So I'm guess F9 or SY with an outside shot of NK.

Pretty sure its SY considering the fact that they have a focus city in PDX and when options 1 and 2 (AS/WN) don't work, you go to whoever is left

could be via air also
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
B764er
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:05 pm

To FA 9295, FA happen to be my initials. :D
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm

stl07 wrote:
tys777 wrote:
Watch SY expand some more. Could be a nice little focus city for their new operation and Nashville is hot right now.

I think the lack of the phrase "new airline" is key. BNA likes to tout new airlines. So I'm guess F9 or SY with an outside shot of NK.

Pretty sure its SY considering the fact that they have a focus city in PDX and when options 1 and 2 (AS/WN) don't work, you go to whoever is left

could be via air also

I'd be shocked to see SY add PDX. They couldn't even make PDX-MCO work.
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1871
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Is it perhaps Burbank, San Jose, Norfolk and Omaha.?

They are mentioned in this article.
https://www.anna.aero/2019/01/02/southw ... -10-years/
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm

spinkid wrote:
Is it perhaps Burbank, San Jose, Norfolk and Omaha.?

They are mentioned in this article.
https://www.anna.aero/2019/01/02/southw ... -10-years/


Those were announced back in November.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:10 pm

spinkid wrote:
Is it perhaps Burbank, San Jose, Norfolk and Omaha.?

They are mentioned in this article.
https://www.anna.aero/2019/01/02/southw ... -10-years/

I'm pretty sure those were all already announced during the last WN schedule update.
 
jplatts
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:10 pm

spinkid wrote:
Is it perhaps Burbank, San Jose, Norfolk and Omaha.?

They are mentioned in this article.
https://www.anna.aero/2019/01/02/southw ... -10-years/


WN had already announced BNA-BUR, BNA-SJC, BNA-ORF, and BNA-OMA back on November 15th, and that announcement can be found at https://www.swamedia.com/releases/release-fc8ff82200432f81b53b9e135f18efd7-southwest-airlines-takes-music-city-to-new-places.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Heh, three of us replied to them all at once... :lol:
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm

It's probably something underwhelming like new SY/F9/G4 adds. I highly doubt NK would come in and start service to two new destinations not served from BNA. When NK comes to BNA, which is only a matter of when as Nashville is by far NK's biggest hole in their network, they will likely come in and start to big markets that are currently served.
 
CIDFlyer
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 pm

My guess would be Allegiant, they do announcements on Tuesday. I’ve always envisioned them turning BNA into a focus city like AUS. It’s a popular tourist spot. We shall see tomorrow
 
maximairways
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:47 pm

WN to BDL?
 
mtnwest1979
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 pm

Guess saying "new airline" multiple times isn't getting through lol. WestJet to YYC.. ;)
Last edited by mtnwest1979 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?
 
jplatts
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 pm

maximairways wrote:
WN to BDL?


While I could see WN possibly adding BNA-BDL nonstop service, I am not expecting WN to be announcing BNA-BDL nonstop service tomorrow since WN's next schedule extension is on February 7th.
 
stlgph
Posts: 10974
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 pm

Fargo wrote:
It's probably something underwhelming like new SY/F9/G4 adds. I highly doubt NK would come in and start service to two new destinations not served from BNA. When NK comes to BNA, which is only a matter of when as Nashville is by far NK's biggest hole in their network, they will likely come in and start to big markets that are currently served.


If anything Frontier, Allegiant or Sun Country does is underwhelming, please go out and personally do better. Let us know the results.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 pm

If it’s Allegiant, they usually load the new flights in their system late at night before an announcement.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
maximairways
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Looking through who they follow on Twitter. PBI, PHF, PDX, TUS, and YVR stand out as unserved airports.
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:59 pm

stlgph wrote:
Fargo wrote:
It's probably something underwhelming like new SY/F9/G4 adds. I highly doubt NK would come in and start service to two new destinations not served from BNA. When NK comes to BNA, which is only a matter of when as Nashville is by far NK's biggest hole in their network, they will likely come in and start to big markets that are currently served.


If anything Frontier, Allegiant or Sun Country does is underwhelming, please go out and personally do better. Let us know the results.


Wow, a little nasty are we? Sorry that it is hard to get excited about carriers that add and drop routes as much as I change my socks.......
 
caflyboy
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 am

OK, I am gonna go with Allegiant (Announcing on Tuesday) with MYR, SFB and CVG. Existing carrier, announcing on Tuesday two new cities (not sure if AA did MYR back in the day of the BNA hub) and taking advantage of DL exiting CVG. Will love to see tomorrow.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am

Fargo wrote:
stlgph wrote:
Fargo wrote:
It's probably something underwhelming like new SY/F9/G4 adds. I highly doubt NK would come in and start service to two new destinations not served from BNA. When NK comes to BNA, which is only a matter of when as Nashville is by far NK's biggest hole in their network, they will likely come in and start to big markets that are currently served.


If anything Frontier, Allegiant or Sun Country does is underwhelming, please go out and personally do better. Let us know the results.


Wow, a little nasty are we? Sorry that it is hard to get excited about carriers that add and drop routes as much as I change my socks.......

The ULCC announcements are generally underwhelming. The recent BDL new route announcement was hyped up on here; everyone thought that the announcement would have been huge--nope. Just 3x weekly to DEN on Frontier.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 am

I figure they wouldn't have a press conference for simple G4 adds. New airline, or Sun Country investing into the market.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
ryanrap1
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 9:13 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:21 am

Doesn’t sun country already serve Nashville tho? It’s lidted on their website, and sun country as well
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:23 am

Do we know for sure that it's going to be a new airline? If that's the case, then it's probably Spirit.

Otherwise, I'm betting on a Sun Country expansion.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 am

Not sure if it's a new airline. This announcement could be a shocker for all we know. I'd take Alaska with service to PDX, GEG, and BOI. haha
Last edited by southwest1675 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
jplatts
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:25 am

caflyboy wrote:
OK, I am gonna go with Allegiant (Announcing on Tuesday) with MYR, SFB and CVG. Existing carrier, announcing on Tuesday two new cities (not sure if AA did MYR back in the day of the BNA hub) and taking advantage of DL exiting CVG. Will love to see tomorrow.


While G4 operates AZA-LAS nonstop service, which is slightly longer than the BNA-CVG nonstop route, most of the other G4 nonstop routes are longer than AZA-LAS or BNA-CVG. G4 also does not sell any connecting itineraries.

I think that WN could do better on CVG-BNA than G4 could since WN would be able to offer connections to other WN destinations in Southern California, Texas, and the Southeast through BNA if WN adds CVG-BNA nonstop service. WN's 737-700 planes also have fewer seats than G4's A319's do, so WN would have to fill fewer seats on BNA-CVG if it adds BNA-CVG nonstop service.

I think that G4 is unlikely to announce CVG-BNA nonstop service since (a) CVG-BNA is shorter than any of G4's current nonstop routes, (b) G4 would have to make CVG-BNA work on O&D alone, and (c) G4 would likely have to fill more seats on CVG-BNA than WN or DL.

One big difference between G4 and WN is that G4 is willing to operate less-than-daily nonstop routes on weekdays, whereas WN usually does either daily, Saturday-only, Sunday-only, or weekend-only nonstops on its nonstop domestic routes.

I agree about G4 announcing BNA-SFB nonstop service since G4 already serves SFB nonstop from most of its non-coastal destinations in the South. Even though MCO is much closer than SFB is to Disney World, Seaworld, Universal Studios Orlando, and most of the Orlando-area tourist attractions, SFB is much closer to Daytona Beach than MCO is.

G4 already serves MYR nonstop from BNA on a seasonal basis, and G4 has also already announced BNA-SRQ nonstop service.

G4 announcing BNA-GPT is a possibility since GPT currently has no nonstop service to BNA on any airline.
Last edited by jplatts on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 am

Air canada to Vancouver? Ya I know large reach, but it's an additional one stop to Japan.
 
USAavdork
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 am

Don’t forget everyone.... in the announcement fir F9s RDU announcements, it was noted F9 will be announcing more routes this week!
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:35 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Not sure if it's a new airline. This announcement could be a shocker for all we know. I'd take Alaska with service to PDX, GEG, and BOI. haha

I don't think this announcement will be PDX (unless if it's on Sun Country, which would be very odd). Southwest is downsizing at PDX, and I don't think Alaska would add three routes at the same time to BNA (and two of those would have to be brand new markets, and PDX would be the only "brand new" market that they would launch).
 
CIDFlyer
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:36 am

mtnwest1979 wrote:
Guess saying "new airline" multiple times isn't getting through lol. WestJet to YYC.. ;)

Nowhere does it say new airline in the twitter announcement
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 am

I'm not sure how historically accurate the folks on BNA's social media are, but looking at F9's route map, I'm actually confused on what they could actually add that's totally new to BNA.

PBI - Served by WN in the early to mid 2000s
ISP/PVD - Served by WN in the mid to early 2000s

I don't see them adding anything to the West Coast from BNA either.

Whoever announces tomorrow, I'd love to see ABQ out of this somehow. There's some holes out West that have never been served from BNA.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
rainaviation
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:45 am

ryanrap1 wrote:
Doesn’t sun country already serve Nashville tho? It’s lidted on their website, and sun country as well


Yes they do, but the only route that is year round is MSP-BNA.

My guess is a SY expansion for the summer, or some new WN routes. Guessing it is not a new airline, but if it is, definitely NK.
 
gustywinds
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:02 am

The stage is setup near the WN counter but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a WN announcement. The other side of the ticketing lobby is pretty congested now and maybe that’s the only location to place the stage.

If I’m guessing I would say WN is adding 3 routes. PDX and SMF will be new routes for BNA and SLC will be added but is obviously served already by DL.

I hear WN will have 18 gates once the construction dust settles and they want to get to 133 flights.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:08 am

gustywinds wrote:
The stage is setup near the WN counter but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a WN announcement. The other side of the ticketing lobby is pretty congested now and maybe that’s the only location to place the stage.

If I’m guessing I would say WN is adding 3 routes. PDX and SMF will be new routes for BNA and SLC will be added but is obviously served already by DL.

I hear WN will have 18 gates once the construction dust settles and they want to get to 133 flights.

Southwest already released their summer schedule, and they only announce new flights on the days of these schedule updates (and the next one isn't until February 7th).
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:13 am

I don't think there is any room for NK at the moment. NK might have to wait until 2020 when the new Concourse D and the expanded ticketing opens
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 am

[twoid][/twoid]
Fargo wrote:
I don't think there is any room for NK at the moment. NK might have to wait until 2020 when the new Concourse D and the expanded ticketing opens


There’s now counter space, and they could probably share A1, Air Canada’s gate.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
User avatar
ilive4planes
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:09 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 am

Allegiant could possibly announce IND, CVG, and PIT????? SFB may be possible?
 
stlgph
Posts: 10974
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:20 am

FA9295 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
stlgph wrote:

If anything Frontier, Allegiant or Sun Country does is underwhelming, please go out and personally do better. Let us know the results.


Wow, a little nasty are we? Sorry that it is hard to get excited about carriers that add and drop routes as much as I change my socks.......

The ULCC announcements are generally underwhelming. The recent BDL new route announcement was hyped up on here; everyone thought that the announcement would have been huge--nope. Just 3x weekly to DEN on Frontier.



And I assume the airline you own and operate flies it at least four times weekly then?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
mtnwest1979
Posts: 2211
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:24 am

CIDFlyer wrote:
mtnwest1979 wrote:
Guess saying "new airline" multiple times isn't getting through lol. WestJet to YYC.. ;)

Nowhere does it say new airline in the twitter announcement


Well I guess me not seeing 'lack of' in there means something lol.
So Southern Airways Express to Knoxville, St Louis, and Greenville...
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2837
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 am

SAT has a new airline announcement tomorrow, so if that airline matches the BNA announcement (not necessarily to each other) it probably is SY, since the Nashville one doesn't say new airline. SY needs to do a summer update anyway
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 am

If it’s SY, I’ll go with them adding MSN, PDX, and SAT from BNA.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
rainaviation
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 am

Doesn't SY "finish" their retrofit tomorrow? Maybe some adds would be a celebration to cap that off.
 
airplaneboy
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 am

FA9295 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Not sure if it's a new airline. This announcement could be a shocker for all we know. I'd take Alaska with service to PDX, GEG, and BOI. haha

I don't think this announcement will be PDX (unless if it's on Sun Country, which would be very odd). Southwest is downsizing at PDX, and I don't think Alaska would add three routes at the same time to BNA (and two of those would have to be brand new markets, and PDX would be the only "brand new" market that they would launch).


Just curious how WN is downsizing at PDX? I think you mentioned this in another thread. Other than recently cutting PDX-SNA (due to temporary seat slot allocations being taken back by SNA) and PDX-SFO (and as a result increasing PDX-SJC), I don’t know of how else WN has cut service at PDX. Over the last 5 years, they’ve increased the number of flights and seats flown, and gained additional gates. Maybe I’m wrong.
 
jmc1975
Posts: 3007
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:57 am

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 am

AA to PHX?
.......
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Nashville (BNA) Air Service Announcement

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:28 am

airplaneboy wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Not sure if it's a new airline. This announcement could be a shocker for all we know. I'd take Alaska with service to PDX, GEG, and BOI. haha

I don't think this announcement will be PDX (unless if it's on Sun Country, which would be very odd). Southwest is downsizing at PDX, and I don't think Alaska would add three routes at the same time to BNA (and two of those would have to be brand new markets, and PDX would be the only "brand new" market that they would launch).


Just curious how WN is downsizing at PDX? I think you mentioned this in another thread. Other than recently cutting PDX-SNA (due to temporary seat slot allocations being taken back by SNA) and PDX-SFO (and as a result increasing PDX-SJC), I don’t know of how else WN has cut service at PDX. Over the last 5 years, they’ve increased the number of flights and seats flown, and gained additional gates. Maybe I’m wrong.

A lot of the seasonal routes were cut, like AUS, ABQ, and a few others, IIRC. MCI will be suspended earlier this winter, and seasonal BWI will just operate on Saturday and Sunday only, instead of operaring daily this summer.

As a whole, they may not be downsizing at PDX, as they still operate plenty of flights to california, PHX, LAS, and DEN, but some of their more longer PDX routes are seemingly either getting cut entirely or are being reduced/suspended for at least a little while.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos