USAavdork
Topic Author

New F9 MCO Announcements!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:24 am

Good Morning. Poking around Frontiers website and quite a few new MCO adds loaded. MCO-BDL/BOS/BWI/DFW/IAH/PUJ! There may be more but that’s all I could find.

flymco753

Re: New F9 MCO Announcements!

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Finally, for the love of all wholly, we got PUJ!
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

USAavdork
Topic Author

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:03 pm

shaneam12

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Wow, Frontier making some serious adds recently.

MCO-BWI seems like a crazy addition considering all the competition currently on that route. Considering you have Spirit flying up to 3 flights a day and Southwest flying 10-14 flights a day, I don't have a clue on how Frontier can make a 3x weekly flight work out (especially since the competition was even too much for JetBlue, which resulted in them having to pull out of the market).
Last edited by shaneam12 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WeatherPilot

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:22 pm

shaneam12 wrote:

MCO-BWI seems like a crazy addition considering all the competition currently on that route. Considering you have Spirit flying up to 3 flights a day and Southwest flying 10-14 flights a day, I don't have a clue on how Frontier can make a 3x weekly flight work out.

Connecting pax maybe? Travelers loyal to Frontier?

stlgph

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm

shaneam12 wrote:

MCO-BWI seems like a crazy addition considering all the competition currently on that route. Considering you have Spirit flying up to 3 flights a day and Southwest flying 10-14 flights a day, I don't have a clue on how Frontier can make a 3x weekly flight work out.

They can make it work thanks to the massive number of people still flocking to online travel agencies where they can build itineraries which best fits their time and price needs which no longer is restricted to one carrier or passing through one particular connection point during their travel.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

shaneam12

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:29 pm

WeatherPilot wrote:
shaneam12 wrote:

Yes, but BWI is a brand new market for them. So there are not really any loyal passengers in the Baltimore area yet and the only connection would be from Denver, where Frontier already serves DEN-MCO 2 to 3 times per day. Now, given that they have been serving IAD for a while now and they do have a loyal customer base in Philadelphia, they may be able to make it work, however, I still do not see them being able to pull this one off with all of the competition.

crownvic

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Sorry, I don't share the same enthusiasm as does the topic poster....as a long time resident, plane spotter and user of MCO for over 40 yrs, the announcement of a low cost carrier increasing A321 service does not sound exciting at all to me.. The days when Aeroflot announced IL-62 service to MCO, Saudia with 743 service, KLM with 744 to Mexico and being able to fly an MD-11, L-1011, 777, 767 between MCO and ATL....now were talking.... thats exciting!

jplatts

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 pm

shaneam12 wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
shaneam12 wrote:

Yes, but BWI is a brand new market for them. So there are not really any loyal passengers in the Baltimore area yet and the only connection would be from Denver, where Frontier already serves DEN-MCO 2 to 3 times per day. Now, given that they have been serving IAD for a while now and they do have a loyal customer base in Philadelphia, they may be able to make it work, however, I still do not see them being able to pull this one off with all of the competition.

There are a few other nonstop routes such as BWI-CVG, BWI-MIA, and BWI-SAT that could be added by F9 at BWI since (a) NK doesn't currently serve CVG, MIA, or SAT, (b) there are currently no ULCC's serving CVG, MIA, or SAT nonstop from BWI, (c) AA is currently the only carrier serving MIA nonstop from BWI, (d) WN is currently the only carrier serving SAT nonstop from BWI, and (e) DL and WN are currently the only carriers serving CVG nonstop from BWI.

F9 might be able to make BWI-MIA nonstop service work since FL used to serve MIA nonstop from BWI prior to the WN-FL merger.

WeatherPilot

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 pm

shaneam12 wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
shaneam12 wrote:

I mean people connecting through Orlando to somewhere else in their network.

Novaboy2525

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:31 pm

With this add from Frontier (4× weekly), BDL will now have up to 10 flights to MCO on a daily basis. I know New Englanders love Florida and the Orlando area but that seems like a lot of seats to one city, especially since Frontier has loaded an A321 into the system as making the aircraft for the flight.

Frontier14

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm

The interesting add is MCO-DAL. For the past number of years the F9 interest in DAL has been declining, primarily in part to aggressive AA responses. This add today will face stiff opposition.

Frontier 14

usdcaguy

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Great to see some new F9 service out of MCO. I hope they schedule the flights so they create connections instead of making all of them P2P.

usdcaguy

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm

crownvic wrote:
Sorry, I don't share the same enthusiasm as does the topic poster....as a long time resident, plane spotter and user of MCO for over 40 yrs, the announcement of a low cost carrier increasing A321 service does not sound exciting at all to me.. The days when Aeroflot announced IL-62 service to MCO, Saudia with 743 service, KLM with 744 to Mexico and being able to fly an MD-11, L-1011, 777, 767 between MCO and ATL....now were talking.... thats exciting!

Those flights would never happen now. You have to think in terms of people actually needing to use the new service instead of the exotic nature of the destinations.

OB1504

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:45 pm

crownvic wrote:

At least it’s Frontier with the different animal tails to spot.

spinkid

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Novaboy2525 wrote:
With this add from Frontier (4× weekly), BDL will now have up to 10 flights to MCO on a daily basis. I know New Englanders love Florida and the Orlando area but that seems like a lot of seats to one city, especially since Frontier has loaded an A321 into the system as making the aircraft for the flight.

Certain times of the year, you could fill 20 daily N/S flights to MCO, but there are other times where the demand is much lesser. They would be better off trying to exploit the seasonality of the market.

Their two recent adds for BDL are MCO and DEN, both are markets already served. I'd have rather seen them offer up new routes

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos