FA9295

Re: Corporate traffic sneak peek: SFO-PVG tops list of UA’s most lucrative Apple routes

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
bevan7 wrote:
AMERICAN757 wrote:
It would be neat to learn United, AA, and Deltas largest clients at each of their hubs.

I'm guessing Delta - Atlanta - Coke - lots of millions

AS PDX--Nike

This contract is with DL, not AS.
No, "FA" in my username does not stand for "flight attendant"...

irishpower

Re: Corporate traffic sneak peek: SFO-PVG tops list of UA’s most lucrative Apple routes

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

I know SFO-ZRH-SFO for LX (and now UA) is tops for Roche/Genentech.

Midwestindy

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
bevan7 wrote:

AS PDX--Nike

No way all of Nike's flying is contracted to DL, plus they reported Delta, Air France-KLM, Alaska, American & United as their principle air suppliers

https://www.businesstravelnews.com/Corp ... /2018/Nike
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

KD5MDK

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:31 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
. Doing some quick mental maths, it's quite feasible that UA wouldn't even fly to Shanghai without the Apple contract.

That seems really hard to believe, given the size of Shanghai and SFO's role as UA's most important hub. The Bay Area is really big.

FlyHappy

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 pm

FURUREFA wrote:
My company (NYC HQ-ed major financial institution) factually has been AA's single largest account consistently over the last 20 years. That said, DL (and B6 to a lesser extent) has made a HUGE push for our business with large discounts.

On average, we tend to fly ~30 of our people per weekday between JFK and LHR (across both directions), and a similar amount to SFO and LAX from JFK (all J).

I assume you were answering my prior question - thank you for that!
Out of curiosity, do you have any feel for if other NYC/LON financial firms have this same kind of volume on this route? Are you gonna blow my mind and say there's a dozen others?

FlyHappy

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
. Doing some quick mental maths, it's quite feasible that UA wouldn't even fly to Shanghai without the Apple contract.

Impossible. Maybe just 1x daily instead of 2x, but no chance UA wouldn't be connecting this pair.

77H

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 am

Midwestindy wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
AS PDX--Nike

No way all of Nike's flying is contracted to DL, plus they reported Delta, Air France-KLM, Alaska, American & United as their principle air suppliers

https://www.businesstravelnews.com/Corp ... /2018/Nike

Adidas NorAm HQ is in PDX as well and my friend who is an engineer there says they use DL Domestically and CX internationally to Asia.

77H

danj555

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 am

Clearly this is just a collection of international destinations; wonder what their national impact is if (im assuming) $150 million is going to international.

RyanairGuru

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:12 am

Midwestindy wrote:
bevan7 wrote:
AMERICAN757 wrote:
It would be neat to learn United, AA, and Deltas largest clients at each of their hubs.

*These are guesses

AA PHL--Comcast

AstraZeneca is a big one for PHL.

Previously PHL-MAN was known as the AstraZeneca Express connecting Wilmington, Delaware, with their massive operations in Cheshire at Alderley Park, Macclesfield and Speke, all which are within 45 minutes drive of Manchester Airport. Not all corporate travel is city center-city center!

Some of that business at MAN has shifted down to LHR as AstraZeneca move an increasing amount of their R&D functions from Alderley Park to Cambridge, but for many years the pharmaceutical demand practically kept that route going.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

nomorerjs

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 am

ORD:
Abbott
AbbVe
ADM
Allstate
AT&T
BoA
BMO
Boeing
BP
Caterpillar
CDW
CME Group
Conagra
Deer (close)
Exelon
Illinois Tool Works
JP Morgan Chase
Kraft / Heinz
McDonalds
Mondelez
Motorola
State Farm (close)
US Foods
Walgreens

Ziyulu

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 am

MU usually has better business class fares from SFO to PVG. Wait until Apple starts contracting with MU to fly its employees.

nomorerjs

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 am

ORD:
Abbott
AbbVe
ABN AMRO
ArcelorMittal
ADM
Allstate
Aon
AT&T
BoA
BMO
Boeing
BP
Bystronic
Caterpillar
CDW
CME Group
Conagra
Deer (close)
Exelon
Illinois Tool Works
JP Morgan Chase
Komatsu
Kraft / Heinz
McDonalds
Mondelez
Motorola
Popular
Siemens
State Farm (close)
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
UBS
US Foods
Walgreens
Willis
XL

Many more. Quite a few Japanese companies with US/NA HQ in the NW / West suburbs.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:41 am

Typically many of the large global professional services/ consulting firms are typical some of the largest firms in most markets. Particularly in fortress hubs.

GoSharks

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:13 am

Ziyulu wrote:
MU usually has better business class fares from SFO to PVG. Wait until Apple starts contracting with MU to fly its employees.

Unless UA decides to de-hub SFO, I don't see that happening. Apple isn't just flying to PVG.

winginit

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 am

Ryanair01 wrote:
They shouldn't publish passenger volume and total spend for a single route together anywhere other than tightly controlled executive reports. From those figures I can work out roughly what Apple pay on average to Shanghai which is a problem on at least three levels.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that information is tightly controlled to executive reports. Anyone at any airline with PRISM access can back into both of those figures more or less by carrier at the individual route level with a couple of mouse clicks.

FlyHappy wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you have any feel for if other NYC/LON financial firms have this same kind of volume on this route? Are you gonna blow my mind and say there's a dozen others?

Note quite a dozen others, but yes the big banks (JPM, Citi, Barclays, Morgan Stanley, BofA, Goldman, HSBC) all have comparable volumes. My guess would be that poster works for JP Morgan, who are measurably above the rest when it comes to NYC-London.

Big accounting/consulting (Deloitte, McKinsey, PwC, EY, KPMG) all hold their own as well, and I believe Deloitte is the largest corporate account that exists for air travel globally. For obvious reasons it is split among more or less all of the major carriers as is the case with companies like Apple given the sheer size of their travel demands. It's very rare for a corporation to not have more than one preferred carrier, and most Fortune 100 companies in the US will contract with all of the US3 at the very least.
Last edited by winginit on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

devron

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 am

How do I know if my company has a corporate contract? I work for a big company and fly all airlines across the board even different airlines on the same route. Is a contract route specific or can there be general contacts (e.g. 15% off everything).

winginit

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:34 am

devron wrote:
How do I know if my company has a corporate contract? I work for a big company and fly all airlines across the board even different airlines on the same route. Is a contract route specific or can there be general contacts (e.g. 15% off everything).

That would be a question for your Corporate Travel Manager, a position that often sits in Administrative Services or Supply Chain. If your company uses an OBT like Concur or GetThere that's how your contract is likely enforced.

77H

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 am

Interestingly enough, Apple is also a very important customer in the cargo organization for UA. While Apple isn't the direct shipper, as they use freight logistics companies, Apple business as cargo is very lucrative, both to and from Asia which certainly helps the bottom line of their TPAC flights. As a matter of fact SFO-PVG and PVG-SFO are some of the top performing lanes for UA in the cargo organization with HKG, KIX, NRT and TPE all landing in the top 10.

I am also surprised that Google is not a larger partner of UA. While ~$34M is certainly not chump change, Google has nearly the same number of employees in the Bay Area as Apple though spends significantly less. Perhaps Google utilizes contracts with a larger portfolio of carriers or is it that Apple has more of a need for its workforce to travel?

77H

GoSharks

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:00 am

77H wrote:
I am also surprised that Google is not a larger partner of UA. While ~$34M is certainly not chump change, Google has nearly the same number of employees in the Bay Area as Apple though spends significantly less. Perhaps Google utilizes contracts with a larger portfolio of carriers or is it that Apple has more of a need for its workforce to travel?

77H

United is strongest to China and Japan. Google is non-existent in China outside of relatively small scale manufacturing. I can't see Google Japan being very large either.

Ziyulu

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Do private companies have to follow any US laws such as the Fly America Act?

Ryanair01

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:59 pm

winginit wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:
They shouldn't publish passenger volume and total spend for a single route together anywhere other than tightly controlled executive reports. From those figures I can work out roughly what Apple pay on average to Shanghai which is a problem on at least three levels.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that information is tightly controlled to executive reports. Anyone at any airline with PRISM access can back into both of those figures more or less by carrier at the individual route level with a couple of mouse clicks.

FlyHappy wrote:

Note quite a dozen others, but yes the big banks (JPM, Citi, Barclays, Morgan Stanley, BofA, Goldman, HSBC) all have comparable volumes. My guess would be that poster works for JP Morgan, who are measurably above the rest when it comes to NYC-London.

Big accounting/consulting (Deloitte, McKinsey, PwC, EY, KPMG) all hold their own as well, and I believe Deloitte is the largest corporate account that exists for air travel globally. For obvious reasons it is split among more or less all of the major carriers as is the case with companies like Apple given the sheer size of their travel demands. It's very rare for a corporation to not have more than one preferred carrier, and most Fortune 100 companies in the US will contract with all of the US3 at the very least.

I'm trying to understand your point? What you can see from PRISM depends upon what access rights you've got. A TMC can tell who of their clients are spending with which suppliers, but an airline can't go in (assuming they have PRISM and not another system) and see what a corporate is spending on a given route with a different airline. PRISM is fairly secure if you want it to be and is not like sticking key data on the wall in any way shape or form.

I can't talk to TMCs but over the fence that data is closely guarded wherever I've worked.

Ryanair01

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:05 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

Impossible. Maybe just 1x daily instead of 2x, but no chance UA wouldn't be connecting this pair.

If you think a route can take a $35m a year downward hit and survive you are living in narnia. Straight off to codeshare partner hub land.

sxf24

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Ziyulu wrote:

Yes, government contractors follow Fly America Act, at least for travel related to the contract.

qf002

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
If you think a route can take a $35m a year downward hit and survive you are living in narnia. Straight off to codeshare partner hub land.

$35m on a route that probably generates $150m a year is significant but not devastating.

Ziyulu

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 pm

sxf24 wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Yes, government contractors follow Fly America Act, at least for travel related to the contract.

That does not answer my question. I know the US Government must follow the Fly America Act. What about US companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc.?

FlyHappy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

and if you think that Apple, and only Apple, is what keeps San Francisco and Shanghai linked by the (far) dominant US3 TPAC carrier at their fortress hub, you are somewhere beyond Narnia.
You do realize that United flies non-stop to Beijing, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei - among other "comparable" destinations? Do you think Apple is keeping these routes afloat too?

Tell me why Shanghai is less important, less yielding than these cities? Tell me why you don't think Unitied has any point of sale in China itself? (cuz it does)
Last edited by FlyHappy on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United1

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
sxf24 wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

That does not answer my question. I know the US Government must follow the Fly America Act. What about US companies such as Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc.?

Private companies can fly on whomever they wish to except if that private company is working on a government contract..in which case any travel related to that contract needs to follow the Fly America Act rules.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

FlyHappy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
sxf24 wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Your question was answered. To the extent that a private company is performing US govt related work on that travel, then they must follow F.A.A. Apple's govt contract work is probably relativity minuscule, and so to answer your question, very little of their corporate travel falls under this act.

Apple is free to use foreign carriers if they like for the vast majority of their TPAC flying (you previously suggested MU), but that ignores the macro view of all of Apples travel needs. Clearly, UA is the best fit given their SFO dominance.

rbavfan

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:38 pm

enilria wrote:
I wonder who got fired for leaking that. Lol

Have to agree. Someones in the dog house.

VC10er

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Something of a related question: I had a big, global client who’s business with my company was large (for us) and the client had basically 2 major HQs, #1 for them was London, #2 was NYC. (Aside from regional HQ’s around the world. The HQ in Singapore, the top brass there was Singapore Airlines- not BA).
For a few years I was quite friendly with the Global CMO of this client and he had a BA “Decision Maker” card/status that put him and one or two others he was traveling with in BA First Class (always)
Has anyone heard of this “Decision Maker” card from BA? I asked him “Decide on what?” - he wasn’t the type to brag, humble nice guy (unless you really crossed him) and he said he was part of the C suite who decided which airline/s would win their contacts. I was fortunate to travel with him a couple of times and BA employees at the airport knew him on sight. Took care of him (and me) as if we were almost part of the Royal Family.
Do other airline provide these enormous perks with a similar status to the “C” suite of their big contracts?
I don’t think they even provided us with boarding passes- the card was enough. Upon arrival we were simply driven to the 747 by a luxury car after a short stay in the F lounge. He had a BA vallet dedicated to him (us) from beautiful check-in room to seat.
So, with First Class gone on UA, how do they cater to the very most senior executives (who could, but did not call for the company jet?? Is being given UA GS enough? (BTW: he preferred BA First over the company jet, due to BA frequencies and more comfortable F seats)
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

winginit

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
I'm trying to understand your point? What you can see from PRISM depends upon what access rights you've got. A TMC can tell who of their clients are spending with which suppliers, but an airline can't go in (assuming they have PRISM and not another system) and see what a corporate is spending on a given route with a different airline. PRISM is fairly secure if you want it to be and is not like sticking key data on the wall in any way shape or form.

I can't talk to TMCs but over the fence that data is closely guarded wherever I've worked.

My point is that it’s really not a big deal that the info in this flyer was made public even to competitor airlines.

A combination of PRISM and MIDT, which all major US carriers have thorough access to can be used to back into roughly what a corporation is spending on each carrier down to the route level.

tphuang

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm

looking at this, UA should be solidly profitable on its TPAC routes out of SFO. Hard for any other airlines to compete with that out of other hubs. Without AAPL purchasing that many J seats a day to PVG, i doubt UA would make money on that route.

RainerBoeing777

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm

United should buy more B77W for their routes in Asia, SFO-PVG / ICN, EWR-PEK / PVG, ORD-HKG / NRT / PVG / PEK need this capability
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

yeginleduc

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:40 pm

I don’t think apple and it’s cargo shippers would use passenger aircraft as much because of all the batteries. Everything I get into the Bay Area from Lenovo, Cisco and Apple seem to have Cathay Pacific Cargo or FedEx cargo shipping tags on them.

chiawei

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
I get the sense that someone at United will be fired and immediately rehired, just so they can fire them again. Knowing how closely Apple guards it's privacy, I suspect the potential impact of this on United's revenues could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars range.

How the hell is this some sort of trade secret? Literally anyone with a pulse could've predicted this.

This isn't the new iPhone, Apple flying the biggest carrier in the Bay Area surprises absolutely no one. And the fact that SFO-PVG is the chart topper is even less surprising. I mean who could've thought that Apple, a San Francisco based company would need to fly to Shanghai, manufacturing central for the world's biggest company. Absolutely shocking I tell you. If anything, the surprising thing is they aren't making more money.

Why would UA lose any money? Does Apple even give a shit if people know they fly UA? I mean they are the strongest carrier out of SFO by a long shot and Apple has more money to burn than any other company on the planet.

The problem is now their competitors know what UA is offering Apple (their biggest client), and can better market corporate contracts to appeal to UA's clients, UA will likely lose revenue and POTENTIALLY contracts in the process.

B747forever wrote:
Very interesting!

Roche is in the +$34 million group. Probably the main reason for starting SFO-ZRH even though JV partner LX flies the route.

IND-SFO is a pretty big route for Roche.

Who can replace UA at SFO?
I can tell you majority of fruit employee doesn’t like UA.
Every chance when travel policy is not enforced people find way to get on SQ to HKG for example.

But despite me hating UA services, they did bail me out several times especially coming back from supplier visit. Several years ago my NRT-SFO flight was cancelled. Being fruity and GS at that time, UA bumped a passenger from HND-SFO for me so I can get home before thanksgiving.

No one in SF can offer the coverage like UA does.

chiawei

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Ziyulu wrote:

Trust me on this. UA isn’t getting anywhere close to the published fare- probably not much more than some of the crazy MU fares.

GoSharks

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:18 pm

chiawei wrote:
Every chance when travel policy is not enforced people find way to get on SQ to HKG for example.

How old is your information (or is the employee option based on the old 774?) Since the 77w was put on sfo-hkg, there really isn’t as large a difference between sq and UA. Hard products are comparable, and a UA FF has little to gain from flying SQ, and much to gain by flying UA ((FF miles and requal.)

I don’t work for Apple, but do for another company in the Bay Area. I have chosen to fly UA over SQ 5 times in J since the 77w. Neither my coworkers nor myself will even consider SQ if UA is available.

chiawei

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

GoSharks wrote:
chiawei wrote:

How old is your information (or is the employee option based on the old 774?) Since the 77w was put on sfo-hkg, there really isn’t as large a difference between sq and UA. Hard products are comparable, and a UA FF has little to gain from flying SQ, and much to gain by flying UA ((FF miles and requal.)

I don’t work for Apple, but do for another company in the Bay Area. I have chosen to fly UA over SQ 5 times in J since the 77w. Neither my coworkers nor myself will even consider SQ if UA is available.

Like this month :).

There are several things that is bad with UA

1. UA Polaris J is still cramped (I had pleasure for flying it several times last year- have one coming up next week).
2. Food still sucks- when air China does a better job now- you have a problem.
3. SQ 1/2 is better timed. 869 departs around 1:30pm. Gets to HKG around 7:30 or so. Since majority of us has APEC cards or HKG electronic gate access.. We can usually get out within 20 minutes.
4. We would get to hertz car on the side of car park usually by around 8:10 or so. Then take the car to the border and on to hotel. Because it’s usually sunday night if you take UA. Getting thru customs at borders is bad. Often dragging our suitcase and manually clear is faster then sitting in the car.
5. By the time we get to hotel it’s usually closer to 10pm- or 6AM CA time. Just not good for resting.

I personally have hard time sleeping on 869 because timing is just off. You literally get off the plane at 3:30Am in CA. Have to suffer another 2-3 hours going thru borders with your luggage. It’s reallt taxing when you are the most tired state.

With SQ- service is a lot better. Food is way better. The thing is that we finish your dinner services around 3-4am CA time. You get good 7-8 hour sleep. And have a decent breakfast before landing in HKG. Usually lands around 8 am. China customs are much lighter. I can usually gets there by 9:30 or so. Go on with rest of my day.

golfingboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:22 am

bevan7 wrote:
AMERICAN757 wrote:

IIRC IBM’s GBS (now IBM Services) has a primary location in the ATL suburbs. I know they use DL and this is probably a nice chunk of DL’s revenues in ATL.

janders

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:49 am

IBM's main airlines are AA and DL

https://www.businesstravelnews.com/Corp ... 0/2018/IBM

2017 air travel spend was $430mil :eek:
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

GoSharks

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 am

chiawei wrote:
GoSharks wrote:
chiawei wrote:

Like this month :).

There are several things that is bad with UA

1. UA Polaris J is still cramped (I had pleasure for flying it several times last year- have one coming up next week).
2. Food still sucks- when air China does a better job now- you have a problem.
3. SQ 1/2 is better timed. 869 departs around 1:30pm. Gets to HKG around 7:30 or so. Since majority of us has APEC cards or HKG electronic gate access.. We can usually get out within 20 minutes.
4. We would get to hertz car on the side of car park usually by around 8:10 or so. Then take the car to the border and on to hotel. Because it’s usually sunday night if you take UA. Getting thru customs at borders is bad. Often dragging our suitcase and manually clear is faster then sitting in the car.
5. By the time we get to hotel it’s usually closer to 10pm- or 6AM CA time. Just not good for resting.

I personally have hard time sleeping on 869 because timing is just off. You literally get off the plane at 3:30Am in CA. Have to suffer another 2-3 hours going thru borders with your luggage. It’s reallt taxing when you are the most tired state.

With SQ- service is a lot better. Food is way better. The thing is that we finish your dinner services around 3-4am CA time. You get good 7-8 hour sleep. And have a decent breakfast before landing in HKG. Usually lands around 8 am. China customs are much lighter. I can usually gets there by 9:30 or so. Go on with rest of my day.

Probably the biggest difference is that we can fly out on Friday and have a full Sunday to adjust and cross the border.

Agree that the soft product on SQ is better, but for us, it doesn't outweigh those RDM PQM and PQD :). It's basically fly one RT in J, get one OW in J for me.

boilerla

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 am

Ryanair01 wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:
Ryanair01 wrote:

You are also presuming that simply because Apple cancels the contract nobody else would fill in the space. UA can't sell Apple and Google the same seats--SFO is the tech hub of the world, and China is the manufacturing capital of the US--so it's more than possible somebody else would fill the seats.

Ziyulu

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:19 am

I'd rather take MU than UA. Even CA is better than UA.

KD5MDK

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 am

VC10er wrote:
Something of a related question: I had a big, global client who’s business with my company was large (for us) and the client had basically 2 major HQs, #1 for them was London, #2 was NYC. (Aside from regional HQ’s around the world. The HQ in Singapore, the top brass there was Singapore Airlines- not BA).
For a few years I was quite friendly with the Global CMO of this client and he had a BA “Decision Maker” card/status that put him and one or two others he was traveling with in BA First Class (always)
Has anyone heard of this “Decision Maker” card from BA? I asked him “Decide on what?” - he wasn’t the type to brag, humble nice guy (unless you really crossed him) and he said he was part of the C suite who decided which airline/s would win their contacts. I was fortunate to travel with him a couple of times and BA employees at the airport knew him on sight. Took care of him (and me) as if we were almost part of the Royal Family.
Do other airline provide these enormous perks with a similar status to the “C” suite of their big contracts?
I don’t think they even provided us with boarding passes- the card was enough. Upon arrival we were simply driven to the 747 by a luxury car after a short stay in the F lounge. He had a BA vallet dedicated to him (us) from beautiful check-in room to seat.
So, with First Class gone on UA, how do they cater to the very most senior executives (who could, but did not call for the company jet?? Is being given UA GS enough? (BTW: he preferred BA First over the company jet, due to BA frequencies and more comfortable F seats)

The status you're looking for is BA Premier. It would grant access to the Concorde Room and suitable treatment along the way. You can find more details about it on Google.

LH658

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:12 am

What is IAH list? I know obviously the energy/medical industry, but it would be interesting to know what specific companies, and route whether their served by IAH or not. If anyone knows please share, thanks!

strfyr51

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:27 am

N649DL wrote:
enilria wrote:

LOL! Seriously, someone at UAL in Marketing was clearly on their way out the door. That data is usually not for public consumption.

Being in Agency Tech myself, all these offshore markets make sense. I'm curious how L.A. and "Silicon Beach" numbers compare to this and also on AA and DL.

So Now that it's out in the Public? How would anybody use the information?

melpax

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 am

VC10er wrote:

Sounds much like the Qantas Chairman's lounge, membership of which is by invitation only. Generally membership is given to senior politicians (PM & Cabinet Ministers, State Premiers, etc), Senior corporate figures & some A-listers, etc... The main perk is the private, unmarked lounges, perfect for discussing confidential matters....... Interesting that membership is granted regardless of FF status, folk such as the PM & some senior ministers who travel mainly using the RAAF VIP fleet for official travel would probably have a bronze or silver FF status - the PM would most likely only travel commercially when travelling privately for example.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-chairma ... cial-guide
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

enilria

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
N649DL wrote:
enilria wrote:

LOL! Seriously, someone at UAL in Marketing was clearly on their way out the door. That data is usually not for public consumption.

Being in Agency Tech myself, all these offshore markets make sense. I'm curious how L.A. and "Silicon Beach" numbers compare to this and also on AA and DL.

So Now that it's out in the Public? How would anybody use the information?

Delta and/or American Sales have probably already taken it to Apple to discuss what would be necessary to get some of that business moved over.

dcajet

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:09 pm

VC10er wrote:

Any international airline worth its salt has, in varying degrees, the type of program you describe; it has nothing to do with miles flown or money spent with the airline. Rather, it targets individuals that meet VIPs/Captains of Industry/Royalty/politicians/decision makers whom the airline deems critical to be on their good side for obvious reasons. These VIP only programs have been around long before the more plebeian FFPs made their appearance,
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

kennyomg

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:50 pm

dcajet wrote:
Has anyone heard of this “Decision Maker” card from BA?

BA Premiere, all new members have to be approved by the BA board. Usually handed out to people controlling important corp account spending. One of the perks is unlimited free upgrade from Biz to F, availability permitting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos