Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
amcnd
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm

Just announced 900’s getting leased from SkyWest airlines to Air Canada
 
amcnd
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 pm

SkyWest sending 900’s to Air Canada. And getting nee E175’s to replace them..
 
Jean Leloup
Posts: 2002
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 10:46 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:32 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
longhauler wrote:
multimark wrote:
Late to reply, but isn't Skyregional a private company?

As far as I can tell, yes. It is wholly owned by Skyservice Business Aviation, which was left after Skyservice shut down.

But, that doesn't mean it can not be (partially) purchased. ;)

Dominion301 wrote:
Would you happen to know longhauler whether the unbranded B1900 aircraft flying remain? I’m guessing this doesn’t impact EVAS out east?


You are correct, the B1900s out east continue to fly under an AC flight number. I honestly do not know what is going to happen to the Ontario based B1900s. It appears a lot of the flying/destinations have been cancelled.


That’s true and YZR is now all DH1s again. There’s also the 3? 1900s at YYC.


I imagine that YXC, YXH, and maybe eben YQL are concerned about these developments. YQF was already cancelled, and I believe YCG was formerly served on 1900's from YYC, though I'm not sure about that one (I'm local, but not a history buff).

I believe that Lethbridge and Medicine Hat were formally served with DH1's. Now both are 1900's, and if those go, then with no DH1's left, well, it doesn't look good for service levels. Westjet (Connect) is now serving YQL as well; I suppose they could add YXH if AC had to pull out. Tricky times for smaller markets.
Jean Leloup - original a.net moderator and still recovering!
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 am

Jean Leloup wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
longhauler wrote:
As far as I can tell, yes. It is wholly owned by Skyservice Business Aviation, which was left after Skyservice shut down.

But, that doesn't mean it can not be (partially) purchased. ;)



You are correct, the B1900s out east continue to fly under an AC flight number. I honestly do not know what is going to happen to the Ontario based B1900s. It appears a lot of the flying/destinations have been cancelled.


That’s true and YZR is now all DH1s again. There’s also the 3? 1900s at YYC.


I imagine that YXC, YXH, and maybe eben YQL are concerned about these developments. YQF was already cancelled, and I believe YCG was formerly served on 1900's from YYC, though I'm not sure about that one (I'm local, but not a history buff).

I believe that Lethbridge and Medicine Hat were formally served with DH1's. Now both are 1900's, and if those go, then with no DH1's left, well, it doesn't look good for service levels. Westjet (Connect) is now serving YQL as well; I suppose they could add YXH if AC had to pull out. Tricky times for smaller markets.


YQL was the only market that ever saw Dash 8 service, YXH has been served by B1900s, J31s and Metros through the years....

As for Westjet Link, they already serve YXH a long with YQL, YXC, YLL, and YXS.
 
Dominion301
Topic Author
Posts: 2757
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:40 am

Whiteguy wrote:
Jean Leloup wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

That’s true and YZR is now all DH1s again. There’s also the 3? 1900s at YYC.


I imagine that YXC, YXH, and maybe eben YQL are concerned about these developments. YQF was already cancelled, and I believe YCG was formerly served on 1900's from YYC, though I'm not sure about that one (I'm local, but not a history buff).

I believe that Lethbridge and Medicine Hat were formally served with DH1's. Now both are 1900's, and if those go, then with no DH1's left, well, it doesn't look good for service levels. Westjet (Connect) is now serving YQL as well; I suppose they could add YXH if AC had to pull out. Tricky times for smaller markets.


YQL was the only market that ever saw Dash 8 service, YXH has been served by B1900s, J31s and Metros through the years....

As for Westjet Link, they already serve YXH a long with YQL, YXC, YLL, and YXS.


Didn’t CP back in the day serve YXH with Dashes?
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 am

Dominion301 wrote:
Whiteguy wrote:
Jean Leloup wrote:

I imagine that YXC, YXH, and maybe eben YQL are concerned about these developments. YQF was already cancelled, and I believe YCG was formerly served on 1900's from YYC, though I'm not sure about that one (I'm local, but not a history buff).

I believe that Lethbridge and Medicine Hat were formally served with DH1's. Now both are 1900's, and if those go, then with no DH1's left, well, it doesn't look good for service levels. Westjet (Connect) is now serving YQL as well; I suppose they could add YXH if AC had to pull out. Tricky times for smaller markets.


YQL was the only market that ever saw Dash 8 service, YXH has been served by B1900s, J31s and Metros through the years....

As for Westjet Link, they already serve YXH a long with YQL, YXC, YLL, and YXS.


Didn’t CP back in the day serve YXH with Dashes?


When I moved to YYC in ‘96 it was Sunwest Metros that operated the contract, maybe before that....
 
9252fly
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 am

Rumor has it the Jazz pilots ratified the agreement. Indeed interesting times ahead for Jazz, a 17 year agreement must set a record for any CPA carrier.
 
CRJ 900
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 4:41 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 am

What I find interesting is the terminology used. Georgian FAs will have the ability to transfer (not transition) to Mainline or Rouge. So what does that mean exactly? Doesn't sound firm. Are they guaranteed positions as they are the members of the same union as Mainline/Rouge(CUPE) or is it just an interview?
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:58 pm

9252fly wrote:
Rumor has it the Jazz pilots ratified the agreement. Indeed interesting times ahead for Jazz, a 17 year agreement must set a record for any CPA carrier.


Yes but it won’t last 17 years... the current agreement was 10 years and was renegotiated after year 3...
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 pm

Jean Leloup wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
longhauler wrote:
As far as I can tell, yes. It is wholly owned by Skyservice Business Aviation, which was left after Skyservice shut down.

But, that doesn't mean it can not be (partially) purchased. ;)



You are correct, the B1900s out east continue to fly under an AC flight number. I honestly do not know what is going to happen to the Ontario based B1900s. It appears a lot of the flying/destinations have been cancelled.


That’s true and YZR is now all DH1s again. There’s also the 3? 1900s at YYC.


I imagine that YXC, YXH, and maybe eben YQL are concerned about these developments. YQF was already cancelled, and I believe YCG was formerly served on 1900's from YYC, though I'm not sure about that one (I'm local, but not a history buff).

I believe that Lethbridge and Medicine Hat were formally served with DH1's. Now both are 1900's, and if those go, then with no DH1's left, well, it doesn't look good for service levels. Westjet (Connect) is now serving YQL as well; I suppose they could add YXH if AC had to pull out. Tricky times for smaller markets.


Jazz used to fly into YQL up until very recently. YCG was always Jazz Dash 8s, still is. I think there’ll be some form of service to all those GGN routes. Their predecessors Central Mountain are aquiring those same DH1s as we speak.
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
Dominion301
Topic Author
Posts: 2757
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Here's the firm purchase agreement with Bombardier for 9 CR9s....much needed boost to the CRJ order book: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 33028.html

The nine aircraft will be delivered in 2020.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Here's the firm purchase agreement with Bombardier for 9 CR9s....much needed boost to the CRJ order book: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 33028.html

The nine aircraft will be delivered in 2020.


With the new atmosphere interiors... interesting to see if they’ll keep the legacy Thales entertainment system for these considering the seates can’t be the same ones in the current RJ fleet. Also no word if they’ll refit the interiors on the current fleet or the Skywest ones to match (I don’t think that’ll happen myself).
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
Canuck600
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Not sure if this fits here or not but I saw a comment about YYF not really needing anything bigger then a Dash 8-300. Well it turns out Penticton is a getting the Q400 https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ger-planes
 
YQGflyer
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:42 am

Things are moving quickly! The AC site has the DH8-100 fleet down to just 10. Bitter sweet to see them go but their time has long past.
Have flown: HS748, C208, DA42, G115, DA20
Have been on: DH8A/C/D, A319/20/21,B736/7/8, B763, B789, PC12, ATR42, B1900
 
shoelessjoe
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:12 am

Indeed YQGflyer. They were a mainstay (certainly at YQG) for the better part of 30 years. I was on one out of YGK a couple of weeks ago (GONJ). The cabin was in terrible shape...but definitely spurred some nostalgia as I have flown them (usually out of YQG) in several liveries and brands going back to the Air Ontario era. The current schedule has them scheduled at YQG extensively over the summer -- not sure if those are placeholders or not. Q400s are almost always full -- plus the add on of peak summer demand -- I know some Qs are going west this summer pending the refurbishment of the DH3s -- even if we do get the DH1s, it will certainly be their last summer. As and aside, with the fleet down to 10 - I can confirm that GONR really is a goner! Ferried to North Bay a few days ago.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:23 am

shoelessjoe wrote:
Indeed YQGflyer. They were a mainstay (certainly at YQG) for the better part of 30 years. I was on one out of YGK a couple of weeks ago (GONJ). The cabin was in terrible shape...but definitely spurred some nostalgia as I have flown them (usually out of YQG) in several liveries and brands going back to the Air Ontario era. The current schedule has them scheduled at YQG extensively over the summer -- not sure if those are placeholders or not. Q400s are almost always full -- plus the add on of peak summer demand -- I know some Qs are going west this summer pending the refurbishment of the DH3s -- even if we do get the DH1s, it will certainly be their last summer. As and aside, with the fleet down to 10 - I can confirm that GONR really is a goner! Ferried to North Bay a few days ago.


Here’s what we’ve been told (I fly the Classic series out of YYC). The Dash 8-300 base is closing in YVR by Dec 2019. The Q400s are moving to YVR to replace it (moving out of YYZ where the CRJ is coming in). So far the only mountainous, route that was exclusively Classic that I know is remaining is YCG and possibly YVR-YXC. As mentioned in a previous post, YYC will see the addition of YXH and YQL on the 300 and then lose YXC all together.
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
shoelessjoe
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks for the update CFM565A1. To make up for the capacity loss it looks like YQG is up to 9x daily this coming summer -- drops back to 5x DH4 in the late fall -- but that's likely a placeholder -- maybe we will start seeing RJs.
 
Dominion301
Topic Author
Posts: 2757
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:28 pm

shoelessjoe wrote:
Thanks for the update CFM565A1. To make up for the capacity loss it looks like YQG is up to 9x daily this coming summer -- drops back to 5x DH4 in the late fall -- but that's likely a placeholder -- maybe we will start seeing RJs.


With the DH1 fleet dropping down to 10, all DH1s will be based at YYZ and fly out and backs exclusively as all DH1 ops are gone as of May 1st from YOW, YUL, YQB and YHZ to various points.
 
9252fly
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:
Indeed YQGflyer. They were a mainstay (certainly at YQG) for the better part of 30 years. I was on one out of YGK a couple of weeks ago (GONJ). The cabin was in terrible shape...but definitely spurred some nostalgia as I have flown them (usually out of YQG) in several liveries and brands going back to the Air Ontario era. The current schedule has them scheduled at YQG extensively over the summer -- not sure if those are placeholders or not. Q400s are almost always full -- plus the add on of peak summer demand -- I know some Qs are going west this summer pending the refurbishment of the DH3s -- even if we do get the DH1s, it will certainly be their last summer. As and aside, with the fleet down to 10 - I can confirm that GONR really is a goner! Ferried to North Bay a few days ago.


Here’s what we’ve been told (I fly the Classic series out of YYC). The Dash 8-300 base is closing in YVR by Dec 2019. The Q400s are moving to YVR to replace it (moving out of YYZ where the CRJ is coming in). So far the only mountainous, route that was exclusively Classic that I know is remaining is YCG and possibly YVR-YXC. As mentioned in a previous post, YYC will see the addition of YXH and YQL on the 300 and then lose YXC all together.


Interesting insight into the DH3 ops out west and how everything is in a transition that will occur throughout 2019. I will admit the entire withdrawal of service between YYC and YXC was a shocker, just handed the market over to WS LINK on their Saab 340. Seems there will be a reduction in frequencies between YYC and YQL / YXH with the up-gauging from the Beech 1900, which gives me the impression that AC wants to keep a presence in those markets, whereas in the case of YXC, their presence is maintained by strictly operating in the YXC YVR market (aircraft type still in flux it seems according to your post). YCG has always remained a mystery to me considering how difficult it is to operate in and out of there during the winter months, it must be a money pit with all the diversions, cancelled flights and lack of confidence from a customer point of view as to whether or not a flight they have booked will operate at all.
 
wave46
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:02 am

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:06 pm

So, the summary version (please correct me if I'm wrong):

- Sky Regional: No change, still flies E175s
- Air Georgian: contract terminated, B1900 & CRJ100 remains with them, CRJ200 moves to Jazz
- Jazz: takes over Air Georgian CRJ200 routes; DH1 to be retired and replaced with refurbished DH3
- EVAS: ?? still a B1900-based feeder, or not affiliated with AC anymore?

Am I getting this right?
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 am

9252fly wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:
shoelessjoe wrote:
Indeed YQGflyer. They were a mainstay (certainly at YQG) for the better part of 30 years. I was on one out of YGK a couple of weeks ago (GONJ). The cabin was in terrible shape...but definitely spurred some nostalgia as I have flown them (usually out of YQG) in several liveries and brands going back to the Air Ontario era. The current schedule has them scheduled at YQG extensively over the summer -- not sure if those are placeholders or not. Q400s are almost always full -- plus the add on of peak summer demand -- I know some Qs are going west this summer pending the refurbishment of the DH3s -- even if we do get the DH1s, it will certainly be their last summer. As and aside, with the fleet down to 10 - I can confirm that GONR really is a goner! Ferried to North Bay a few days ago.


Here’s what we’ve been told (I fly the Classic series out of YYC). The Dash 8-300 base is closing in YVR by Dec 2019. The Q400s are moving to YVR to replace it (moving out of YYZ where the CRJ is coming in). So far the only mountainous, route that was exclusively Classic that I know is remaining is YCG and possibly YVR-YXC. As mentioned in a previous post, YYC will see the addition of YXH and YQL on the 300 and then lose YXC all together.


Interesting insight into the DH3 ops out west and how everything is in a transition that will occur throughout 2019. I will admit the entire withdrawal of service between YYC and YXC was a shocker, just handed the market over to WS LINK on their Saab 340. Seems there will be a reduction in frequencies between YYC and YQL / YXH with the up-gauging from the Beech 1900, which gives me the impression that AC wants to keep a presence in those markets, whereas in the case of YXC, their presence is maintained by strictly operating in the YXC YVR market (aircraft type still in flux it seems according to your post). YCG has always remained a mystery to me considering how difficult it is to operate in and out of there during the winter months, it must be a money pit with all the diversions, cancelled flights and lack of confidence from a customer point of view as to whether or not a flight they have booked will operate at all.


Never flown an empty YCG flight
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada and Jazz (Chorus) Extend Agreement to 2035

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 am

wave46 wrote:
So, the summary version (please correct me if I'm wrong):

- Sky Regional: No change, still flies E175s
- Air Georgian: contract terminated, B1900 & CRJ100 remains with them, CRJ200 moves to Jazz
- Jazz: takes over Air Georgian CRJ200 routes; DH1 to be retired and replaced with refurbished DH3
- EVAS: ?? still a B1900-based feeder, or not affiliated with AC anymore?

Am I getting this right?


Sky Regional and Jazz will swap some US flying to put the Embraer s on certain routes like YYZ-IAD. Other than that you are correct.
C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos