blooc350
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:05 am

I’m all for a livery tweak BUT SIA will never, ever, get rid of their Singapore Girl. Yes, they have strayed away from using “Singapore Girl, you’re a great way to fly” to now only saying “Singapore Airlines, a great way to fly”. But to 1- remove the title and 2- have the girls wear anything like a skirt or pants instead of the full kebaya will be detrimental to the iconic SIA brand and SQ is not a stupid airline.

Here is the airlines newest advertisement and the SQ girl is still the star of the show....but notice the ending with the new “slogan”
https://youtu.be/6ZOWrb39xLo

Compared to this one filmed in 2012
https://youtu.be/mIkNzhM2b70
Last edited by blooc350 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
sonicruiser
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:22 am

oldannyboy wrote:
Bracing for impact here. I'm seeing a lot of white in my crystal ball.....


This is gonna hurt.
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:41 am

I hope they won't sacrifice on their Singapore Girl theme. That's one of the things that sets them apart because it wouldn't be possible with labor regulations in Western countries. The livery though, while quite timeless and good, can definitely be improved on without ruining it. I hope they get it right.
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:11 am

One thing I have never liked about their 20year-old livery is all those gold highlights that look like an admiral’s insignia. It is high time they changed that. And start, first of all, with those huge letters on their A380s that shout: we are SINGAPOOORE! AIRLIIIINES! and dwarf the plane. And for that same reason they also have to find a way to make that tail look smaller.The blue should not go all the way up. Let’s see what they will come up with: I predict they will copy LH and paint the bird all-white. Great minds think alike. Remember my words.
 
TheEuphorian
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:14 am

Please don't be eurowhite, PLEASE.
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 am

Say: «PRETTY PLEASE»....pray they don’t start to call themselves just “SINGAPORE “. Because they will. You will see.
No man can say “no” to a “pretty please”, but Singapore girl?
Last edited by gzm on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am

Remember when they had the Best First Class back in the day. :cloudnine:



They lead, others followed.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
Noshow
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 am

I like the gold accents. That is something I would keep if it's used elegant. I even like cheat lines on the fuselage. You could make yourself look Avantgarde today using one.
Main thing: No "wave" on the fuselage please. Waves are überugly.
 
destere
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 am

readytotaxi wrote:
Remember when they had the Best First Class back in the day. :cloudnine:



They lead, others followed.


I think you'll find BA got there first!
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6593
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:39 am

destere wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Remember when they had the Best First Class back in the day. :cloudnine:



They lead, others followed.


I think you'll find BA got there first!

BA First is not as good as Singapore, and never has been. ;)
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
destere
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
destere wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Remember when they had the Best First Class back in the day. :cloudnine:



They lead, others followed.


I think you'll find BA got there first!

BA First is not as good as Singapore, and never has been. ;)


What's clear is that BA did indeed lead in revolutionising First Class with true flat beds back in 1995, after which everyone followed. Incidentally, the same went for Business Class in 2000.

These are the facts, and your subjective opinion does not change this.
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 pm

avier wrote:
Cheatlines do look good if done well IMO. They can adopt a more modern style cheatline a la 9W ribboned cheatline.

Image

The entire livery of Jet Airways is horrible. Cheatlines with waves or ribbons just look cheap and uninspiring.
 
Noshow
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:23 pm

The front is okay the tail is the problem.
 
mrcogs
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:55 am

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
I think that the current livery is fine, but there are quite a few concept liveries floating about online - thoughts?

Image

Image

Image

See:
- https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/276056652129248225/.
- https://www.deviantart.com/galen82/art/ ... -112553904.
- http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairl ... d=00002743.

Cheers,

C.


The second is a bit... Ryanair, is it not?
 
ewt340
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm

I saw many Male Flight attendants on many of my SQ flights these days. Don't know if the Singapore Girl Brand would fit anymore.
 
User avatar
PolarRoute
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 am

Are we sure that SQ will get a new livery though? The article OP posted is behind the paywall so I might be wrong, but skimming through some free ones up on Google, I wasn’t able to spot a single article actually mentioning “a new livery.”

I’m all up for a new livery, just not seeing any signs of happening
 
RawSushi
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:02 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:10 am

This just in.... Singapore Girl is here to stay, new agencies appointed. No further details beyond that.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... review-and
 
User avatar
SomebodyInTLS
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: SIA brand overhau

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:42 pm

qf002 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
There is no bird that is named after the keris.


The bird logo that SQ uses is called the Silver Kris, named in honour of the keris.

Is that clear enough for you now?


Pretty sure the ->SILVER<- kris associated with premium branding of SIA products is not the ->GOLDEN<- bird used as a logo.

BTW I have known people working for SIA for years and no-one has ever suggested that the logo is a kris.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:05 pm

PolarRoute wrote:
Are we sure that SQ will get a new livery though? The article OP posted is behind the paywall so I might be wrong, but skimming through some free ones up on Google, I wasn’t able to spot a single article actually mentioning “a new livery.”

I’m all up for a new livery, just not seeing any signs of happening


Reading this article:

RawSushi wrote:
This just in.... Singapore Girl is here to stay, new agencies appointed. No further details beyond that.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... review-and


I can't find any mention of a new livery, just brand strategy.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
ewt340
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Also I never heard anybody said "I'm gonna fly with SQ because of the Singapore Girl"

It's mostly because the great seat, food, ife, scheduling and pricing. But never the FA itself. So I think they should focus on marketing their hard-product because they got it in the bag already.
 
raylee67
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:02 pm

Austin787 wrote:
They even threatened legal action when reminding people to put their bags under the seat for takeoff.


They are most likely reading from the script and this script is probably mandated by their regulator (i.e. the Singaporean CAA)

I remember when I fly to Singapore (on both CX and SQ), there is an announcement prior to landing that explicitly warns passengers that bring drugs into Singapore will result in death penalty. CX never makes the same announcement flying to Malaysia, the Philippines or China (which also carry mandatory death penalty for drug smuggling), so I am pretty sure such announcement is required by Singaporean authority.

SQ will thus be making a lot more similar announcements through its network.
319/20/21 332/33 342/43/45 351 388 707 717 732/36/3G/38/39 74R/42/43/44/4E/48 757 762/63 772/7L/73/7W 788/89 D10 M80 135/40/45 175/90 DH1/4 CRJ/R7 L10
AY LH OU SR BA FI
AA DL UA NW AC CP WS FL NK PD
CI NH SQ KA CX JL BR OZ TG KE CA CZ NZ JQ RS
 
Kno
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 pm

I wish they would just leave it
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6611
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:23 pm

gzm wrote:
One thing I have never liked about their 20year-old livery is all those gold highlights that look like an admiral’s insignia. It is high time they changed that. And start, first of all, with those huge letters on their A380s that shout: we are SINGAPOOORE! AIRLIIIINES! and dwarf the plane. And for that same reason they also have to find a way to make that tail look smaller.The blue should not go all the way up. Let’s see what they will come up with: I predict they will copy LH and paint the bird all-white. Great minds think alike. Remember my words.

Agreed. Now that the old Lufthansa livery is dead and buried, Singapore must be the only major airline flying a 30-year-old livery. I was never a fan (the previous '70s one was much cleaner and neater, and the italic font was more streamlined and a better match for the Kris logo, IMHO); so will be glad to see it go. I'm hoping for something less fussy, in keeping with current trends.
 
NickWebb
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 pm

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:36 pm

mrcogs wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
I think that the current livery is fine, but there are quite a few concept liveries floating about online - thoughts?

Image

Image

Image

See:
- https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/276056652129248225/.
- https://www.deviantart.com/galen82/art/ ... -112553904.
- http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairl ... d=00002743.

Cheers,

C.


Whilst not exactly unique the curves on the second version are quite elegant but the logo on the tail looks like it is in prison, way too large...

The second is a bit... Ryanair, is it not?
[photoid][/photoid]/Users/nickwebb/Desktop/FullSizeRender.jpg
 
RawSushi
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:02 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 am

ewt340 wrote:
Also I never heard anybody said "I'm gonna fly with SQ because of the Singapore Girl"

It's mostly because the great seat, food, ife, scheduling and pricing. But never the FA itself. So I think they should focus on marketing their hard-product because they got it in the bag already.


The Singapore Girl is a symbol of good service and hospitality, and it has done a great job of being just that. Service and hospitality require the human touch. Hardware doesn't convey that feeling. A nice, friendly lady with a wonderful smile does.
 
ewt340
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:01 pm

RawSushi wrote:
ewt340 wrote:
Also I never heard anybody said "I'm gonna fly with SQ because of the Singapore Girl"

It's mostly because the great seat, food, ife, scheduling and pricing. But never the FA itself. So I think they should focus on marketing their hard-product because they got it in the bag already.


The Singapore Girl is a symbol of good service and hospitality, and it has done a great job of being just that. Service and hospitality require the human touch. Hardware doesn't convey that feeling. A nice, friendly lady with a wonderful smile does.


The symbolism thing sounds a bit shallow. Because in terms of service, SQ's FA tend to be a bit more mechanical, not bad, but it's not like they are JAL or Thai Airways if you know what I mean. I also wouldn't described it as "services with human touch". SQ approach tend to be a bit more Continental to say the least, professional and polished. Perfect as it is. And I think that's a better image. Polished and Professional.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4669
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:31 pm

vhtje wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
Hmmm, the Singapore Girl image is also very sexist, not appropriate any more, if it ever was. And let’s not be ageist about older flight attendants either. I frankly don’t care how old my flight attendant is, or what gender, as long as they do their job professionally.


This. 100%. The same goes for Virgin Atlantic's incessant sexist nonsense. It's all so terribly dated now in these post-Weinstein, #metoo times. It is time for an overhaul.

When I think of the old "Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly" slogan, all I think of dirty lecherous old men ogling the poor cabin crew as they go about their job. Times change, thankfully. Let's have a Singapore Airlines campaign based around what Singapore is in 2018 - a vibrant, rich, multicultural, multi-lingural city, and a true city of the 21st century.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: The Singapore Girl needs to be relegated to the dustbin of history. It was always an image cultivated to appeal to lecherous western businessmen with an Asian fetish. It’s sexist, not to mention the racist undertones. It harkens back to a time when men would get drunk and freely grope stewardesses. Those days are long gone, and that behavior is no longer accepted or tolerated. SQ needs to move into the 21st century.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
blooc350
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm

No changes to the Iconic Singapore Girl. Good, because changing the SQ girl is like taking Mickey out of Disneyland.


"As we carried out our review it was clear that our underlying branding approach, which consists of the iconic Singapore Girl and an emphasis on customer service as a crucial differentiator, remains current and continues to set us apart in our industry,” said Mr Campbell Wilson, Singapore Airlines' senior vice-president of sales and marketing.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... g-11190376



https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-sia-singapore-girl-branding-11190376 Published: 31 Jan 2019
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:21 pm

blooc350 wrote:
No changes to the Iconic Singapore Girl. Good, because changing the SQ girl is like taking Mickey out of Disneyland.


"As we carried out our review it was clear that our underlying branding approach, which consists of the iconic Singapore Girl and an emphasis on customer service as a crucial differentiator, remains current and continues to set us apart in our industry,” said Mr Campbell Wilson, Singapore Airlines' senior vice-president of sales and marketing.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... g-11190376



https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-sia-singapore-girl-branding-11190376 Published: 31 Jan 2019


Ha! The Singapore Girl isn't even on the same planet as Mickey is in regards to brand value. I know what you mean but that is a stretch to compare the two.
 
blooc350
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:28 pm

TWA302 wrote:
blooc350 wrote:
No changes to the Iconic Singapore Girl. Good, because changing the SQ girl is like taking Mickey out of Disneyland.


"As we carried out our review it was clear that our underlying branding approach, which consists of the iconic Singapore Girl and an emphasis on customer service as a crucial differentiator, remains current and continues to set us apart in our industry,” said Mr Campbell Wilson, Singapore Airlines' senior vice-president of sales and marketing.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... g-11190376



https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-sia-singapore-girl-branding-11190376 Published: 31 Jan 2019


Ha! The Singapore Girl isn't even on the same planet as Mickey is in regards to brand value. I know what you mean but that is a stretch to compare the two.


She kinda is..... The Singapore Girl "brand value" brings both awareness and credibility to a customer's need. She is the airline's central focal point for "customer service"= "Customers need". So yes, Id say she does hold the same "brand value" as Mickey to Disneyland.


As The Straits Times once put it, removing the Singapore Girl icon from the airline would be like "removing Mickey Mouse from Disneyland".


http://www.traveller.com.au/flight-club-a-peek-inside-singapore-airlines-tough-training-school-gygbw3
 
LH707330
Posts: 2201
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 am

What they need to do is fix the blue on the fin and make it cover the whole thing, not cut horizontally when the tail tapers down. The 787, for example, looks really ugly:



IMHO this look with the smaller script looked much better:

 
smi0006
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:11 am

OA412 wrote:
vhtje wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
Hmmm, the Singapore Girl image is also very sexist, not appropriate any more, if it ever was. And let’s not be ageist about older flight attendants either. I frankly don’t care how old my flight attendant is, or what gender, as long as they do their job professionally.


This. 100%. The same goes for Virgin Atlantic's incessant sexist nonsense. It's all so terribly dated now in these post-Weinstein, #metoo times. It is time for an overhaul.

When I think of the old "Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly" slogan, all I think of dirty lecherous old men ogling the poor cabin crew as they go about their job. Times change, thankfully. Let's have a Singapore Airlines campaign based around what Singapore is in 2018 - a vibrant, rich, multicultural, multi-lingural city, and a true city of the 21st century.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: The Singapore Girl needs to be relegated to the dustbin of history. It was always an image cultivated to appeal to lecherous western businessmen with an Asian fetish. It’s sexist, not to mention the racist undertones. It harkens back to a time when men would get drunk and freely grope stewardesses. Those days are long gone, and that behavior is no longer accepted or tolerated. SQ needs to move into the 21st century.


Agreed. Let’s bring SQ into the 21st century. Polished elegant service doesn’t need to be delivered by woman in skin tightly clad skirts... give female staff a choice of uniform, traditional or modern- the choices is theirs!!
 
ewt340
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:41 am

blooc350 wrote:
No changes to the Iconic Singapore Girl. Good, because changing the SQ girl is like taking Mickey out of Disneyland.


"As we carried out our review it was clear that our underlying branding approach, which consists of the iconic Singapore Girl and an emphasis on customer service as a crucial differentiator, remains current and continues to set us apart in our industry,” said Mr Campbell Wilson, Singapore Airlines' senior vice-president of sales and marketing.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... g-11190376



https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-sia-singapore-girl-branding-11190376 Published: 31 Jan 2019


Yeah Mickey Mouse, the least lovable characters and the least profitable one.
 
ZaphodHarkonnen
Posts: 930
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Report: SQ brand set for major overhaul

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 am

smi0006 wrote:
OA412 wrote:
vhtje wrote:

This. 100%. The same goes for Virgin Atlantic's incessant sexist nonsense. It's all so terribly dated now in these post-Weinstein, #metoo times. It is time for an overhaul.

When I think of the old "Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly" slogan, all I think of dirty lecherous old men ogling the poor cabin crew as they go about their job. Times change, thankfully. Let's have a Singapore Airlines campaign based around what Singapore is in 2018 - a vibrant, rich, multicultural, multi-lingural city, and a true city of the 21st century.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: The Singapore Girl needs to be relegated to the dustbin of history. It was always an image cultivated to appeal to lecherous western businessmen with an Asian fetish. It’s sexist, not to mention the racist undertones. It harkens back to a time when men would get drunk and freely grope stewardesses. Those days are long gone, and that behavior is no longer accepted or tolerated. SQ needs to move into the 21st century.


Agreed. Let’s bring SQ into the 21st century. Polished elegant service doesn’t need to be delivered by woman in skin tightly clad skirts... give female staff a choice of uniform, traditional or modern- the choices is theirs!!


I think it's already heading in that direction. Just take a look at the website. You have to bury into a menu at the top before you see any mention about The Singapore Girl. And while the ads I've seen show female cabin staff it isn't nearly as in your face as I remember it being as a kid 15 years ago.

I honestly expect rather than a big thing about retiring it we will just see it fade from use.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4070
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: SIA brand overhaul

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Multiple thoughts:
I’d bet my whole 401k that if you had focus groups all around the world and showed them 2 boards: one with the black kilo version of Mickey’s head and one of a Singapore Girl (from waist up to show the dress pattern) with no brand name- Mickey would win 8 to 2 in brand recognition. (Maybe 7-3 in Asia, maybe 50/50 in Singapore)
The Singapore Girl “might” be to Singapore Airlines what Mickey is to Disney, but no where close in terms of the value of the visual brand asset. If you offered Disney $10 Billion to buy the rights to MM’s image, they would say “no”- if you offered $10 billion to Singapore to remove and change the Singapore Girl, for a whole new look and 50/50 male/ female crew, they probably would say “ok”
As for the symbol of the Crane, I PRAY they maintain the wisdom not to touch it. 70’s looking “design” yes, but it’s all about how it’s used.
As for the “inappropriateness” stated so strongly above, I agree. Keep her, but mix her up with males in ads and on board. Do they ever have Singapore Girls of other races, sizes? Size is an issue also. A few carriers make a female uniform in 1 size. “No fit, no job.” I just believe that’s wrong.
As for her gown, at least it’s elegant. I recall TAM’s earliest version of a FA uniform, before becoming an international airline- and they had the shortest red skirts ever. Like Lt Uhura in STAR TREK! And each one was more beautiful than the next.
Recently I had a female UA FA to GVA. She was NOT pretty at all, but she was a damn awesome FA! One of the best FA’s EVER, extremely attentive and accommodating, lovely and professional, and was more than happy to fulfill my odd ball requests. I took her name and used it in the survey that I knew would come and gave her a HUGE shout out. Yet, she probably wouldn’t have been hired at Singapore.
I don’t know, I’m gay, and only ever had 1 male FA who was absolutely gorgeous on Hawaiian - sure, nice eye candy - but he didn’t do anything above and beyond to improve my flight, he was fine. But I sure as hell acted indifferent, I would not even dare send a “signal”- how uncomfortable that could have made him feel- straight or gay?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos