Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N292UX

Re: Memphis Aviation - 2019

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:30 pm

IAHWorldflyer wrote:
I was at MEM on Monday 10/21 after that tornado blew through. I walked down by A27 since my flight was delayed, and saw that damage. At the time though, I didn't know if it was part of the construction work on the B gates.
Does anyone know why there was a Delta 757 remote parked on 10/21 between A and B? Seemed odd, possibly a charter. I don't think DL flys 757's into MEM anymore.

The Bulls are playing the Grizzlies in Memphis tonight. That was most likely the Bulls charter flight.

Bluegrass60

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:36 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
southsky wrote:
ThaneC wrote:
The rankings of US TV markets show Memphis as #51, behind cities like Birmingham (#43), Norfolk (#44), Oklahoma City (#45), Louisville (#48), Grand Rapids (#49). MSA areas are the metric most often used by airline planning departments.

You start by listing DMAs then talk about MSAs being used by planning departments. It looks like you're trying to gaslight this thread...

Not only that, Technically Jonesboro and Tupelo are their own tv media markets and not included in Memphis' numbers and yet again, they are firmly withing MEM's service area. Those towns also have always had Memphis stationsavailible to them and Memphis stations cover those areas. He really hasn't a clue, he just rags on Memphis.I haven't even covered the US 64 corridor that extends to Hardinman and McNairy Cos and the Corinth MS area. Again, primary MEM areas even though not in the MEM MSA. North Mississippi via US 72 and US 78/I-22 are easy drives to MEM.

Do yourself a favor, go to the Great Circle Mapper and do about a 125 nm mile radius of MEM and there's your 2 to 2 1/2 hr drive to MEM and note your options from the outer area is LIT, JAN, BHM, BNA and STL with even less service or longer drives.

Like I said Memphis is an island, think of it as the Big Island and it has lots of small seperate islands around it but it is all part of the same archipelago. All the small islands paddle to it because it is big one in the middle with the airport with the most potential.

"https://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/mapping/popest/pes-v3/" 168km/105 miles radius (1 1/2 hour radius) 2020 estimated population: MEM = 2.94M. NASH = 4.51M LOU = 6.4M

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
southsky wrote:

You start by listing DMAs then talk about MSAs being used by planning departments. It looks like you're trying to gaslight this thread...

Not only that, Technically Jonesboro and Tupelo are their own tv media markets and not included in Memphis' numbers and yet again, they are firmly withing MEM's service area. Those towns also have always had Memphis stationsavailible to them and Memphis stations cover those areas. He really hasn't a clue, he just rags on Memphis.I haven't even covered the US 64 corridor that extends to Hardinman and McNairy Cos and the Corinth MS area. Again, primary MEM areas even though not in the MEM MSA. North Mississippi via US 72 and US 78/I-22 are easy drives to MEM.

Do yourself a favor, go to the Great Circle Mapper and do about a 125 nm mile radius of MEM and there's your 2 to 2 1/2 hr drive to MEM and note your options from the outer area is LIT, JAN, BHM, BNA and STL with even less service or longer drives.

Like I said Memphis is an island, think of it as the Big Island and it has lots of small seperate islands around it but it is all part of the same archipelago. All the small islands paddle to it because it is big one in the middle with the airport with the most potential.

"https://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/mapping/popest/pes-v3/" 168km/105 miles radius (1 1/2 hour radius) 2020 estimated population: MEM = 2.94M. NASH = 4.51M LOU = 6.4M

Now, factor in competing airports and the level of service they provide. Louisville is squeezed like an orange especially to the north/northeast by CVG and INd and to an extent, to the south with BNA. BNA is closer to SDF than MEM by likely 45 minutes in a car.

As I have said, Memphis and its catchment area is more isolated from larger competitors, far more than Louisville. Nashville's gets squeezed a bit to the south by ATL.

Bluegrass60

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:55 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Now, factor in competing airports and the level of service they provide. Louisville is squeezed like an orange especially to the north/northeast by CVG and INd and to an extent, to the south with BNA. BNA is closer to SDF than MEM by likely 45 minutes in a car.

As I have said, Memphis and its catchment area is more isolated from larger competitors, far more than Louisville. Nashville's gets squeezed a bit to the south by ATL.

"I get that....the point is SDF has 2x as many potential pax within 1 1/2 hours as MEM....AND....even with the close by airports SDF will have @ same number of enplanements as MEM will this year (2.2M)"

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

"I get that....the point is SDF has 2x as many potential pax within 1 1/2 hours as MEM....AND....even with the close by airports SDF will have @ same number of enplanements as MEM will this year (2.2M)"

Best as I can tell SDF has about 200k less passengers thru August 2019 than MEM.

Bluegrass60

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 pm

"Jan-Sep 2019 SDF has 3,157,176 v 2,831,795 the prior year Jan-Sep for 11.4% growth. Estimated Jan thru Dec 2019 is 4,310,000. I can't find any stats on MEM for 2019. 2018 was 4,419,541.
Within 131 miles of SDF are LEX, CVG, EVV and IND...BNA and DAY clock in at 173 miles. LIR is the only airport with any service and it is 145 miles from MEM; next closest is BNA at 220 miles....which...as you point out is actually closer to SDF.

Point of all of this...SDF passenger traffic is growing more quickly than MEM passenger traffic and in fact will be @ equal to MEM traffic this year.... in spite of much more airport competition for its catchment. Also, there are 2x as many people with 1 1/2 hours of SDF v MEM.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Memphis has been growing at about a 5.5% clip this year, about the same as last year. Daily flights in August averaged 90 and overall traffic to the end of August was at 3,048,000, an increase of around 150k from the same time as the year before. Apparently OCT has been busy for the airport with traffic surpassing what was seen during spring break but there is usually a couple of months delay in posting their numbers on their website. Where is the growth at SDF being seen at, what airlines are seeing it? Memphis is in the midst of their terminal redo and space is actually kinda tight. With the ATL additions come next year WN will have gone from around 9 flights per day average in 2018 to around 15 in two years if the current frequencies hold.

malev2012

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:45 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Memphis has been growing at about a 5.5% clip this year, about the same as last year. Daily flights in August averaged 90 and overall traffic to the end of August was at 3,048,000, an increase of around 150k from the same time as the year before. Apparently OCT has been busy for the airport with traffic surpassing what was seen during spring break but there is usually a couple of months delay in posting their numbers on their website. Where is the growth at SDF being seen at, what airlines are seeing it? Memphis is in the midst of their terminal redo and space is actually kinda tight. With the ATL additions come next year WN will have gone from around 9 flights per day average in 2018 to around 15 in two years if the current frequencies hold.

Not to mention when Spirit eventually starts MEM flights which will stimulate a lot of demand of travelers that would have otherwise drove to their destinations.
Airlines flown: AA, AB, AC, AY, BA, CO, DL, DY, EW, F9, G4, IB, KL, LH, LX, NK, NW, NZ, OS, QF, SN, TP, UA, US, VA, VC, WN, XE

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm

malev2012 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Not to mention when Spirit eventually starts MEM flights which will stimulate a lot of demand of travelers that would have otherwise drove to their destinations.

I noticed that Allegiant going nearly daily to Vegas next summer. And 5x weekly to FLL I believe that Southwest will get around to adding LAS when the MAX issue is resolved. I think Southwest can easily overtake/run off Allegiant with ease on those routes plus the connections that each could offer. Southwest is capturing around 13 percent of overall traffic at MEM. There a whole out of room to grow that. DL is at 32% and AA now has 31% and by far the most flights albeit on small RJs.

TYSflyer

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:06 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

I noticed that Allegiant going nearly daily to Vegas next summer. And 5x weekly to FLL I believe that Southwest will get around to adding LAS when the MAX issue is resolved. I think Southwest can easily overtake/run off Allegiant with ease on those routes plus the connections that each could offer. Southwest is capturing around 13 percent of overall traffic at MEM. There a whole out of room to grow that. DL is at 32% and AA now has 31% and by far the most flights albeit on small RJs.

On the G4 note in Memphis, I take it Oakland has been suspended. I was a little surprised by this as I anticipated it to fair well. Any thoughts on this? G4 seems to be not growing at all in OAK. Further, I think I heard their base in OAK either is closing or has closed so maybe the route ending has more to do with that.

Bluegrass60

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:20 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:

"Anecdotally will say SEP and OCT seem very busy at SDF based on my own exp trying to park in garage and credit card lot (full). I think growth is across the board for L3+WN as they have all added new routes and/or added frequencies and/or upgauged equipment. Also have G4 and F9 doing well. Regional economy is strong and tourism/convention business is growing (particulalry Bourbon related tourism). SDF Next is in planning stages for 2020-2021 start and includes infrastructure improvements; jet bridge replacement; FIS and international gate(s)/terminal?; rental car expansion and movement; other parking improvements/changes; airport roadway changes. New airport Dir and staff are excellent and are committed to growing SDF into the best airport in the USA. Focused efforts involving business community + State to get new flights to BOS, SEA, SFO, YYZ. STL and RDU are also on the list. Boyd Group suggests SDF in line for TATL in 2-5 years (have not seen mention of that in local media). Suspect that Spirit will announce SDF in next 12 mos or less. Passenger volume expected to hit 5M+ in 2023/2024. UPS begins construction of new 2 Bay Hangar for 747-800F this year....and continues growing its fleet of 747-800s; additional growth in UPS Logistics specific to healthcare most recently."

Bluegrass60

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:21 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:

"Anecdotally will say SEP and OCT seem very busy at SDF based on my own exp trying to park in garage and credit card lot (full). I think growth is across the board for L3+WN as they have all added new routes and/or added frequencies and/or upgauged equipment. Also have G4 and F9 doing well. Regional economy is strong and tourism/convention business is growing (particulalry Bourbon related tourism). SDF Next is in planning stages for 2020-2021 start and includes infrastructure improvements; jet bridge replacement; FIS and international gate(s)/terminal?; rental car expansion and movement; other parking improvements/changes; airport roadway changes. New airport Dir and staff are excellent and are committed to growing SDF into the best airport in the USA. Focused efforts involving business community + State to get new flights to BOS, SEA, SFO, YYZ. STL and RDU are also on the list. Boyd Group suggests SDF in line for TATL in 2-5 years (have not seen mention of that in local media). Suspect that Spirit will announce SDF in next 12 mos or less. Passenger volume expected to hit 5M+ in 2023/2024. UPS begins construction of new 2 Bay Hangar for 747-800F this year....and continues growing its fleet of 747-800s; additional growth in UPS Logistics specific to healthcare most recently."

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:27 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:

On the G4 note in Memphis, I take it Oakland has been suspended. I was a little surprised by this as I anticipated it to fair well. Any thoughts on this? G4 seems to be not growing at all in OAK. Further, I think I heard their base in OAK either is closing or has closed so maybe the route ending has more to do with that.

It was a trial balloon for better service. MEM has stated severaln times that G4 is a willing Guinea Pig, The LAX flights, for them at least, was for data to convince AA of adding it. G4 did go year round on that and AA is trail ballooning LAX/MEM over the holidays on an A319. Maybe United will be adding SFO soon?

malev2012

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:29 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

It was a trial balloon for better service. MEM has stated severaln times that G4 is a willing Guinea Pig, The LAX flights, for them at least, was for data to convince AA of adding it. G4 did go year round on that and AA is trail ballooning LAX/MEM over the holidays on an A319. Maybe United will be adding SFO soon?

Yes would love to see some of the G4 routes mature with other carriers like the AUS/MEM route.
Airlines flown: AA, AB, AC, AY, BA, CO, DL, DY, EW, F9, G4, IB, KL, LH, LX, NK, NW, NZ, OS, QF, SN, TP, UA, US, VA, VC, WN, XE

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:43 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

@wayward memphian -- any thoughts/guesses on when MAX issue will be resolved? Seems like the can keeps getting kicked down the road. While I am sure it is a complex issue -- the New York Times has some great articles, insight into the whole ordeal yet, even still, difficult to fully understand everything going on -- seems like they are horribly mismanaging by giving way to ambitious release dates and then, as we approach those dates, having to backtrack.

We must all PLEDGE ALLEGIANT LOL.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight...Mist and twilight, cloud and shade, Away shall fade! Away shall fade!”

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:47 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:

Allegiant leaving OAK, so are the raiders, Golden State also leaving {but they are re-entering the mediocrity stratosphere as is). OAK might as well be dead in the water lmao.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight...Mist and twilight, cloud and shade, Away shall fade! Away shall fade!”

malev2012

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:07 pm

MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:

@wayward memphian -- any thoughts/guesses on when MAX issue will be resolved? Seems like the can keeps getting kicked down the road. While I am sure it is a complex issue -- the New York Times has some great articles, insight into the whole ordeal yet, even still, difficult to fully understand everything going on -- seems like they are horribly mismanaging by giving way to ambitious release dates and then, as we approach those dates, having to backtrack.

Sadly Max presents a problem for airlines to add flights to Memphis like Southwest obviously but also United to SFO as they don't have extra planes to try new routes

malev2012

Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:09 pm

MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
malev2012 wrote:

Sadly Max presents a problem for airlines to add flights to Memphis like Southwest obviously but also United to SFO as they don't have extra planes to try new routes

TheZ

Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:06 pm

malev2012 wrote:
MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

That's true. With how things are going it'll probably be a while before it returns ("if it returns" can't be ruled out either I suppose). I've never seen anything like the MAX ordeal and having grown up around Boeing it's still a shock to see this happening, in spite of all the revelations about management/cultural problems there.
If you have to say "pun intended," it's not a good enough pun.

IAHWorldflyer

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:12 pm

UA just cancelled SFO-CVG, and has pulled off SFO-CMH until March. They seem to be pulling off middle-market, mid-continent flights out of SFO. UA is very gate constricted there, and needs the space for more profitable markets. I sincerely doubt that a MEM-SFO flight is added in the next 2 years.

ThaneC

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Don’t expect much additional growth at MEM for the foreseeable future. MEM-SFO is not going to happen. Simple reason is there is not sufficient traffic. SFO is very constrained, especially for United and is very prone to weather delays. OAK is usually my choice for flights to the Bay Area, but Southwest won’t offer that from MEM as there is not enough demand.

jplatts

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:43 am

ThaneC wrote:
Don’t expect much additional growth at MEM for the foreseeable future. MEM-SFO is not going to happen. Simple reason is there is not sufficient traffic. SFO is very constrained, especially for United and is very prone to weather delays. OAK is usually my choice for flights to the Bay Area, but Southwest won’t offer that from MEM as there is not enough demand.

In addition to UA dropping CVG-SFO nonstop service, there are also some other cuts being made at SFO by carriers other than UA, including the following:
  • AS dropping SFO-ABQ, SFO-KOA, SFO-MCI, SFO-BNA, and SFO-RDU nonstop service
  • WN dropping SFO-AUS and SFO-DAL nonstop service
  • FI pulling out of SFO on June 2, 2020

MEM-SFO is also probably too far to be served nonstop on regional jets, whereas LIT-SFO is within the range of regional jets as UA operates nonstop routes such as SFO-MSN and SFO-STL (both of which are longer than LIT-SFO but shorter than MEM-SFO) on E-175 regional jets.

UA might be able to make MEM-SFO nonstop service work on a A319 or 737-700 as the PDEW for MEM-SFO/OAK/SJC was 121 passengers per day in Q3 2018. MEM also currently lacks nonstop service to SFO on any airline whereas DL will still serve SFO nonstop from CVG once UA discontinues CVG-SFO nonstop service.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:51 am

malev2012 wrote:
MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4P5WoqHIaE/

Maybe Sun Country will come? Anyone?

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm

jplatts wrote:
ThaneC wrote:

In addition to UA dropping CVG-SFO nonstop service, there are also some other cuts being made at SFO by carriers other than UA, including the following:
  • AS dropping SFO-ABQ, SFO-KOA, SFO-MCI, SFO-BNA, and SFO-RDU nonstop service
  • WN dropping SFO-AUS and SFO-DAL nonstop service
  • FI pulling out of SFO on June 2, 2020

MEM-SFO is also probably too far to be served nonstop on regional jets, whereas LIT-SFO is within the range of regional jets as UA operates nonstop routes such as SFO-MSN and SFO-STL (both of which are longer than LIT-SFO but shorter than MEM-SFO) on E-175 regional jets.

UA might be able to make MEM-SFO nonstop service work on a A319 or 737-700 as the PDEW for MEM-SFO/OAK/SJC was 121 passengers per day in Q3 2018. MEM also currently lacks nonstop service to SFO on any airline whereas DL will still serve SFO nonstop from CVG once UA discontinues CVG-SFO nonstop service.

My brother once had Williams Sonoma as a client. I know there's a bit if back and forth on that account on the corporate and would be partner end.

I've said it before, these are the kind of flights that screamed A220 service.

While I love that WN added DEN/MEM, I hope it stays at 1x daily and would rather see LAS and/or PHX added for additional CA connecting options and a new nonstop destination(s). LIT has both of those at certain times of the year, TUL has all three all the time. I'm sure once the MAX is back LIT/DEN is near certain.

There is no reason that WN can't get up to 25% of MEM overall traffic as the O&D matures.

OccupiedLav

Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:44 pm

I don't know if this was previously discussed or announced, but I was just browsing some flights in February, and it looks like AA will be sending an A321 on the CLT-MEM route for at least a few days (Feb. 8 - 10). It's AA 1757.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:37 pm

OccupiedLav wrote:
I don't know if this was previously discussed or announced, but I was just browsing some flights in February, and it looks like AA will be sending an A321 on the CLT-MEM route for at least a few days (Feb. 8 - 10). It's AA 1757.

A poster had mentioned that DCA was seeing 2 A319s daily. I checked some Nov. and Dec dates and it is showing a daily mix of A319, A320 and ERJ175 on the 3 DCA nonstops. Two years ago this was a daily 50 seater.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:47 pm

OccupiedLav wrote:

A poster had mentioned that DCA was seeing 2 A319s daily. I checked some Nov. and Dec dates and it is showing a daily mix of A319, A320 and ERJ175 on the 3 DCA nonstops. Two years ago this was a daily 50 seater.

They are also using A319s and 737s on PHX on one of the two dailies beside a Mesa flight.

CX773W

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:41 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:

They are also using A319s and 737s on PHX on one of the two dailies beside a Mesa flight.

As a matter of fact, I've flown on an A319 with AA from MEM to PHX in October 2017 and to PHL in the past June.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:20 am

OccupiedLav wrote:

Certainly more air traffic this weekend with college gameday! Business travel for ESPN crew and hopefully some fans. Serious though, the goodyear blimp over the stadium is either in, or very near, the MEM flight path. Wonder how air traffic control handles these situations? Any thoughts?

BTW, heck of a game! Mem 20 - SMU 17 at this point with MEM driving.

malev2012

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:04 am

MEMber wrote:
OccupiedLav wrote:

Certainly more air traffic this weekend with college gameday! Business travel for ESPN crew and hopefully some fans. Serious though, the goodyear blimp over the stadium is either in, or very near, the MEM flight path. Wonder how air traffic control handles these situations? Any thoughts?

BTW, heck of a game! Mem 20 - SMU 17 at this point with MEM driving.

That program is bringing lots of positive attention. I am curious how ATC deals with the blimp as well

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:44 am

I wonder if Fed Ex flew a 767 over. They have before.

Penny has a loaded basketball team as well, The Griz need to find the right pieces to put around Ja Morant, he's really damn good.

I have been mentioning Memphis is quietly about to start surprising folks. First time since my childhood that Memphis seems to getting it's mojo back as a city as a whole.

Bluegrass60

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:

Penny has a loaded basketball team as well, The Griz need to find the right pieces to put around Ja Morant, he's really damn good.

I have been mentioning Memphis is quietly about to start surprising folks. First time since my childhood that Memphis seems to getting it's mojo back as a city as a whole.

"Saw some pics of College Game Day on Beale St. Looked alot like NFL Draft pics in Nashville. Would like to see Memphis do well. "

membase

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:

Not if ThaneC has anything to say about it :lol:

membase

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:26 am

malev2012 wrote:
MEMber wrote:
That program is bringing lots of positive attention. I am curious how ATC deals with the blimp as well

It was actually a Cessna 208 rather than a blimp. MEM pattern was northbound and there were few departures after kickoff to deal with.

malev2012

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:47 pm

membase wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
MEMber wrote:

It was actually a Cessna 208 rather than a blimp. MEM pattern was northbound and there were few departures after kickoff to deal with.

The lack of departures seems like a ThaneC line!

membase

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:15 pm

malev2012 wrote:

The lack of departures seems like a ThaneC line!

Yeah, if you listen to him/her you'd think there's no traffic at MEM except for FX. I almost brought that up but figured I'd had enough fun at his/her expense for one night.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:35 am

membase wrote:
malev2012 wrote:
MEMber wrote:

Interesting! Thanks for the info. Also, some of these comments about to TRIGGER lol :lol:

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:

Mem is definitely underrated for college sports. Very excited about our upcoming pro and college basketball seasons. Ja is impressive thusfar. Penny's #1 recruiting class. about to be lights out. Now we need to find best route from MEM to Dallas for GoodYear cotton bowl! The New Years 6 Bowl Memphis will play in if it continues to win.

Personally, my prefence would be strAAndby non-stop with AA 681. Leaves in early afternoon, non-stop to DFW. Pretty decent price point for RT. What are your thoughts or preferred routes?

TheZ

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Allegiant begins service to Punta Gorda today:

https://www.flymemphis.com/NewsDetails?newsid=5301

malev2012

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 pm

TheZ wrote:
Allegiant begins service to Punta Gorda today:

https://www.flymemphis.com/NewsDetails?newsid=5301

Love to see G4 growth of new routes, they aren't taking away from other carriers but rather stimulating new air traffic!

TheZ

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

More Allegiant service announced: Increased MEM-LAS and MEM-FLL frequencies coming next summer.

https://www.flymemphis.com/NewsDetails?newsid=5303

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm

MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Mem is definitely underrated for college sports. Very excited about our upcoming pro and college basketball seasons. Ja is impressive thusfar. Penny's #1 recruiting class. about to be lights out. Now we need to find best route from MEM to Dallas for GoodYear cotton bowl! The New Years 6 Bowl Memphis will play in if it continues to win.

Personally, my prefence would be strAAndby non-stop with AA 681. Leaves in early afternoon, non-stop to DFW. Pretty decent price point for RT. What are your thoughts or preferred routes?

Name the 5 NCAA programs with a team in the Top 25 polls for Football and Basketball?

Those added LAS frequencies were showing up since the last extension. Boggles my mind that Frontier stopped the LAS flight. Allegiant clearly thinks they saw something during that time of two carriers flying it. Again, I think MEM/LAS via Southwest is a no brainer when the Max issue is over. The LAS flights are 2x daily on Thur and Mon, 1x on Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun and no flights on Tue.

malev2012

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:37 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
MEMber wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Name the 5 NCAA programs with a team in the Top 25 polls for Football and Basketball?

Those added LAS frequencies were showing up since the last extension. Boggles my mind that Frontier stopped the LAS flight. Allegiant clearly thinks they saw something during that time of two carriers flying it. Again, I think MEM/LAS via Southwest is a no brainer when the Max issue is over. The LAS flights are 2x daily on Thur and Mon, 1x on Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun and no flights on Tue.

I agree I could see WN adding AUS, but G4 is a great fit for value conscious travelers, WN has become pricier for leisure travelers so G4 does more to stimulate demand.

Cubsrule

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm dropping off a rental car in Memphis next week and got an alert about construction in the rental car area. What's up? It's been a few years but my recollection of the CONRAC is that it's fairly new and nice.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

TheZ

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Wow, DL's drawdown of MD-88s is really starting to make itself known. Today all the Delta ATL flights are MD-90, A320 and A321.

WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:10 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
I'm dropping off a rental car in Memphis next week and got an alert about construction in the rental car area. What's up? It's been a few years but my recollection of the CONRAC is that it's fairly new and nice.

They supposedly opened an even newer one this past summer.

Southwest83

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 am

How are people in Memphis liking WN? I work for WN in Nashville but a Memphis native.

Cubsrule

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:15 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

They supposedly opened an even newer one this past summer.

I was through on Tuesday and didn’t notice much difference. That’s not a criticism, though; the current setup works pretty well.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

TheZ

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 am

Southwest83 wrote:
How are people in Memphis liking WN? I work for WN in Nashville but a Memphis native.

They've been a great boost for the airport and the city, hopefully more service to come (LAS would be great). The new Atlanta route will be much appreciated to break the DL monopoly.

Airventure737

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Delta will launch daily, nonstop flights to Salt Lake City on July 6 using A319.
https://www.flymemphis.com/NewsDetails?newsid=5309

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos