Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TMccrury
Topic Author

“Aggressive” Easyjet passenger snaps phone in half forces emergency landing

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 am

Based on the article, the drunk passenger became aggressive on the flight from Manchester, England to Iceland. The flight made an emergency landing in Edinburg.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/aggressi ... cy-landing

77H

Re: “Aggressive” Easyjet passenger snaps phone in half forces emergency landing

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:54 am

I suppose the Government should mandate airlines to mandate more rules and regulations to stop bad behavior by adults. 100% of the fault rests with the airline and the airline alone. Anyone who disagrees is an airline apologist. :roll: :banghead:

77H

N14AZ

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am

Pheeew... he broke his own phone. That’s okay. When reading the thread title I thought he broke the phone of another passenger - pure horror. :sorry:

Andy33

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm

77H wrote:
I suppose the Government should mandate airlines to mandate more rules and regulations to stop bad behavior by adults. 100% of the fault rests with the airline and the airline alone. Anyone who disagrees is an airline apologist. :roll: :banghead:

77H

Ah, but which government? A flight from the UK to Iceland could be operated by Easyjet Europe (Austrian AOC) or the original Easyjet (UK AOC). And what about regulating alcohol sales at airports?

SheikhDjibouti

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:33 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Pheeew... he broke his own phone. That’s okay. When reading the thread title I thought he broke the phone of another passenger - pure horror. :sorry:

Yeah, that makes it a little better.
Oh, wait....
When he realized we were landing in Scotland to arrest him, he kicked off and smashed his phone up.
"This snapped the battery, which started smoking on the aisle floor,” the witness said.

Ok, so knowing how unreliable witnesses can be, perhaps they got confused with the e-cig that he was also touting?

Either way, if this guy is Icelandic, he's going home on the overnight ferry.
And if he's Mancunian, he ain't goin' anywhere.

Meanwhile, I know this isn't what anyone wants to talk about here, but...
None of the 141 passengers or 10 flight staff members were reportedly injured

TEN flight staff on an A320?
Nothing to see here; move along please.

JannEejit

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Strange that a MAN-KEF flight would divert to EDI when it would be about to fly right over GLA enroute ? Mind you we had another Easy divert the day before...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3 ... w-airport/

FlapsOne

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:56 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Oh, wait....
When he realized we were landing in Scotland to arrest him, he kicked off and smashed his phone up.
"This snapped the battery, which started smoking on the aisle floor,” the witness said.

Ok, so knowing how unreliable witnesses can be, perhaps they got confused with the e-cig that he was also touting?

Impossible. easyJet A319/320 are equipped with three crew seats in the flight deck, five in the cabin and an additional crew seat on the A321.

Flaps

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:11 pm

FlapsOne wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Oh, wait....

Impossible. easyJet A319/320 are equipped with three crew seats in the flight deck, five in the cabin and an additional crew seat on the A321.

Crew can sit in passenger seats.

Wednesdayite

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:18 pm

JannEejit wrote:
Strange that a MAN-KEF flight would divert to EDI when it would be about to fly right over GLA enroute ? Mind you we had another Easy divert the day before...

Glasgow to Edinburgh is hardly a huge detour. 40 miles or so.
A318/19/20/21/30/40. B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87. CRJ2/7. ERJ145/175/190. FKR50. IL62. MD11/82/83/88. TU154.
AA AC AF AI AR AS AT AV AZ BA BW BY CO DA DL F9 FR JJ KL LH MA NW NZ OS RG SU TK U2 UA US VS WN

JannEejit

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Wednesdayite wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

I know that but it's still taking them off route when GLA was enroute. It's not like GLA isn't an operational centre for easyJet.

FlapsOne

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Flaps wrote:
FlapsOne wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Oh, wait....

Crew can sit in passenger seats.

Not at easyJet they don’t. If there were crew in passenger seats they’d be positioning but I doubt very much any positioning crews would be going out to KEF. I could be wrong but there absolutely, positively were NOT ten operating crew members on that flight.

User001

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:26 pm

77H wrote:

77H

This site is known for some nonsense theories, but, this is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here in a long time.

What do you suggest the airlines do? Run a psychoanalysis on every single passenger before they fly? Also, would you endorse the discrimination lawsuits that would follow if there was a case of wrongful denied boarding if the person had a medical issue but wouldn’t be a threat to the aircraft? So many issues arise with your theosis.

Seriously, a very very silly sentiment.

77H

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 pm

User001 wrote:
77H wrote:

77H

This site is known for some nonsense theories, but, this is frankly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here in a long time.

What do you suggest the airlines do? Run a psychoanalysis on every single passenger before they fly? Also, would you endorse the discrimination lawsuits that would follow if there was a case of wrongful denied boarding if the person had a medical issue but wouldn’t be a threat to the aircraft? So many issues arise with your theosis.

Seriously, a very very silly sentiment.

I was being sarcastic. I do not actually agree with the statement I wrote. There are several other threads out there right now where posters are blaming the airlines for the bad behaviors of adult passengers which I find ridiculous.

77H

User001

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 pm

Apologies then. Says something that comments like that can be seen as serious in here nowdays,

peterinlisbon

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:54 pm

N14AZ wrote:

I think that breaking a person's phone is against the Geneva convention.

Bhoy

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 pm

JannEejit wrote:
Wednesdayite wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

I know that but it's still taking them off route when GLA was enroute. It's not like GLA isn't an operational centre for easyJet.

Looking at the playback on FR24, it actually looped around Glasgow before heading to Embra.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos