Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ricport
Topic Author

AS F Seat Incident

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 pm

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/01/ ... -seat.html

Per this & other reports, AS decided to bump Kasich (not getting into his real/claimed actions, as I'm always leery of these types of reports, & it's not germane to my question anyway) so a pilot could make it to SFO. I am not clear as to why AS would bump an F pax for crew instead of a Y pax who more than likely paid/travels less than a F pax? I know other airlines have bumped Y pax in the past for similar situations, so is this just an AS thing? I know if I got a deal for/redeemed miles for F tix only to be bumped for staff, I'd be royally POed... This seems akin to paying for a front-row theater ticket only to be bumped to the back for the lighting director...

Varsity1

Re: AS F Seat Incident

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Some pilot contracts require deadheads to be in F/J if the pilot is required to fly immediately at the outstation and the flight is over a certain length.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

Varsity1

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:08 pm

Eventually, Klausner said she decided to take a later flight to avoid the confrontation. Klausner, a liberal, said when she found out exactly who Kasich was and his politics, she decided to post on Twitter.

This article sounds entirely political and I would question anything as fact.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

phxa340

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Eventually, Klausner said she decided to take a later flight to avoid the confrontation. Klausner, a liberal, said when she found out exactly who Kasich was and his politics, she decided to post on Twitter.

This article sounds entirely political and I would question anything as fact.

Agreed 100%. I am especially skeptical because AS is usually extremely and outwardly remorseful when they mess up. In this case, the spokesperson said it was awkward situation ... hardly something a spokesperson would say if AS had messed up. Additionally, it doesn’t sound like AS apologized which to me ... shows the story is more fairytale than reality.

sccutler

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Amusing that the aggrieved passenger (and it looks like she had good cause) made the "not fascist enough" comment.

Maybe she's funny - but she sure isn't very well informed!
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos