Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

samuelx88
Topic Author

Quebec City Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Any prediction for YQB in 2019?

In February this year, YQB will host Routes America 2019 where many large airlines will meet together, but also it will be an opportunity to make them discover Quebec city as a potential tourist destination for new flights. Actually, Québec city doesn't have a lot of flight for a 800k people city, even if it is a very popular touristic destination. Air Canada doesn't offer any mainline flights, there's no flight to YVR, YEG and YHZ and CDG is the only remaining destination in Europe.

Westjet added this week their summer flights to YYC, after many months of uncertainty about if it would come back.

So my prediction are:
-Seasonal Air France flight to CDG
-Year round ORD and PHL
-Delta coming back with JFK

Some companies might add new flights to YQB during Routes America in mid February.

Anyone has any other idea for new flights at YQB?

flyPIT

Re: Quebec City Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm

samuelx88 wrote:

With AC looking to increase trans-Atlantic narrow body flying, perhaps a seasonal YQB-CDG with the B737? Or YQB-LHR?

tallis

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:04 pm

I think a priority for the airport is sorting out a decent public transport link to the centre.

I’m quite a regular visitor from London (UK) to Quebec but will almost always drive from YUL or even get the train from downtown Montreal rather than get a connecting flight and then waste money on a taxi.

I also notice that the car hire firms at Quebec seem to have quite low stock and limited opening hours which makes it even more ludicrous that there isn’t better public transport at the airport.

HVNandrew

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 pm

I am quite surprised that DL has not been able to make YQB-JFK work even seasonally. Maybe with preclearance seasonal service to LGA could work better.

NickolayAv

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Anyone think there is a chance AC will launch YQB-BOS?

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:10 pm

NickolayAv wrote:

Although Boston is one of the most popular destination in USA from YQB (with a stop in YUL), I don't think that there is enough demand and Star Alliance connections possible at BOS. Since AC doesn't even have flights between YQB and its other main hubs in Canada, it is unlikely that they make a flight to the US. They don't even have flights to the Caribbean destinations (same for Westjet). Airlines from the USA seem to be more attracted to launch destinations out of YQB than Canadian airlines.

ac33e

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:42 am

Because the YQB market is just so large... Don't forget how easy it is to connect in YUL/YYZ. Just as. Matter of fact, when AC opened new ULH routes out of YUL demand in both Montreal AND Quebec City increased by 200%. This is a testament to how easy connecting has become on domestic AC flights.

Also, I'm pretty sure YQB passengers are much happier flying a Rouge 319 vs. a Q400. Any jet service is an upgrade from a passenger standpoint. Not to mention North American Business Class.

Thenoflyzone

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:30 am

samuelx88 wrote:
Any prediction for YQB in 2019?

So my prediction are:
-Seasonal Air France flight to CDG
-Year round ORD and PHL
-Delta coming back with JFK

Some companies might add new flights to YQB during Routes America in mid February.

Airlines have already loaded their summer 2019 schedules. Doubtful they would add new service this late in the game. I'm glad WestJet decided to keep YYC-YQB.

As for Routes America, hosting it is one thing, attracting new airlines because of it is something else entirely.

NickolayAv wrote:

DL tried it in 2006. It failed.

http://www.massport.com/massport/media/ ... e-service/

This being said, both YQB and BOS have matured since 2006. Maybe DL might relaunch it, to feed it's BOS hub. I dont see AC launching the route however, as it goes against it's strategy of feeding YUL-BOS.

ac33e wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure YQB passengers are much happier flying a Rouge 319 vs. a Q400. Any jet service is an upgrade from a passenger standpoint. Not to mention North American Business Class.

Soon to be Rouge A320s. 162 seats.

As I said, AC seems content to funnel people from YQB to YYZ and YUL. Doubt they will add any significant routes in 2019.

YQB-CDG for 2020 might be plausible. AC can easily sub a 737 Max 8 on one of the YYZ-YQB runs and continue service to CDG. It would be a summer seasonal 3x weekly service at best.
Last edited by Thenoflyzone on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 am, edited 9 times in total.

HVNandrew

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 am

Thenoflyzone wrote:
NickolayAv wrote:

DL tried it in 2006. It failed.

http://www.massport.com/massport/media/ ... e-service/

DL has actually been on and off that route a few times. It came back in 2007-2008 with the Big Sky flying out of BOS. It was also around back in the Business Express days, I believe.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I could see DL starting up BOS-YUL again as part of their expansion in BOS.

foxalphazulu

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:18 am

I used to take the JFK-YQB service all the time. I miss it terribly. Could it be DL's shortage of CRJ200s caused them to drop this route? Unfortunately, I cannot see a bigger jet making this route work (maybe in the summer).

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 am

What about ULCC? I know that swoop will go to YRQ and Jetlines to YHU, but would YQB be a potential destination for ULCC?

anrec80

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 am

flyPIT wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

With AC looking to increase trans-Atlantic narrow body flying, perhaps a seasonal YQB-CDG with the B737? Or YQB-LHR?

Perhaps 7M8 has legs from YQB or YUL to Paris? I don’t think YQB can sustain a wide body to Europe.

YYZORD

Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:51 am

Maybe with the new preclerance at YQB, we will see DL Connection starting BOS and LGA daily. They both have potential, and I would've said B6 but they apparently don't want to serve Canada sadly.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:45 am

From October 27th, Air Canada will reduce its YYZ-YQB flight frequency from 5x daily to 4x daily. It used to be 5x daily year round. This significantly reduce the connection possibilities from YQB to AC hubs as the only other options are YUL and YOW (6 days a week).

Thenoflyzone

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:48 am

^ Direct result of Max cancellations extending into Winter 2019-2020.

On another note, in July, AC announced two new routes form YQB, on a winter seasonal basis. It's not much, but it's definitely a start.

YQB-PUJ 1x weekly Rouge A321, begins Dec 22, 2019 until April 12, 2020
YQB-CUN 1x weekly Rouge A321, begins Dec 21, 2019 until April 11, 2020

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019-07 ... n-Republic

Thenoflyzone

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

tallis wrote:
I think a priority for the airport is sorting out a decent public transport link to the centre.

I’m quite a regular visitor from London (UK) to Quebec but will almost always drive from YUL or even get the train from downtown Montreal rather than get a connecting flight and then waste money on a taxi.

I also notice that the car hire firms at Quebec seem to have quite low stock and limited opening hours which makes it even more ludicrous that there isn’t better public transport at the airport.

Asked and answered !

https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/abo ... engers-and

New city bus routes to YQB : Greatly improved access to the airport site for passengers and employees

Québec City, August 28, 2019. – The president and CEO of YQB, Stéphane Poirier, and the new executive director of the Québec City transit corporation, Alain Mercier, today officially opened the new bus routes and facilities operated by Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC) at Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB).

“The creation of routes 76 and 80 is good news for both passengers and airport workers. Hundreds of thousands of people who travel to and from YQB each year will now have access to an affordable travel option. This greatly increases the accessibility of the airport site. YQB will always do whatever it can to promote bus routes to the airport, working alongside the RTC,” says Stéphane Poirier, YQB’s president and CEO.

Routes 76 and 80, announced last December, connect YQB to the main bus and rail stations in Sainte-Foy and downtown Québec City. They will operate 7 days a week, from morning to evening, with services every 30 minutes. This will offer the 2,500 workers on the airport site, and the 1.8 million passengers who pass through YQB each year, a new way to get to the airport.

“We are delighted to be able to offer airport workers, visitors and citizens a frequent public transit service to the Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport. These two regular routes, in addition to serving YQB, will improve bus services in the northwestern sector of the city, and reflect the major revision of the bus network that is currently being implemented,” says Alain Mercier, executive director of the RTC.

SpaceshipDC10

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
tallis wrote:

Asked and answered !

https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/abo ... engers-and

New city bus routes to YQB : Greatly improved access to the airport site for passengers and employees

Québec City, August 28, 2019. – The president and CEO of YQB, Stéphane Poirier, and the new executive director of the Québec City transit corporation, Alain Mercier, today officially opened the new bus routes and facilities operated by Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC) at Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB).

“The creation of routes 76 and 80 is good news for both passengers and airport workers. Hundreds of thousands of people who travel to and from YQB each year will now have access to an affordable travel option. This greatly increases the accessibility of the airport site. YQB will always do whatever it can to promote bus routes to the airport, working alongside the RTC,” says Stéphane Poirier, YQB’s president and CEO.

Here are the fares. Very interesting indeed. To reach downtown Québec, use line 80.

https://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx?t ... uage=en-CA

MIflyer12

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
From October 27th, Air Canada will reduce its YYZ-YQB flight frequency from 5x daily to 4x daily. It used to be 5x daily year round. This significantly reduce the connection possibilities from YQB to AC hubs as the only other options are YUL and YOW (6 days a week).

How many departure banks does YYZ have, what bank(s) are not served by the four YQB departures, and what destinations will be excluded?

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:10 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

How many departure banks does YYZ have, what bank(s) are not served by the four YQB departures, and what destinations will be excluded?

I honestly don't know about YYZ banks. However, losing the 5am departure out of YQB removes many early connections possibilities to the west cost as well as to USA. I remember looking at the seat map for that 5 am flight last winter and most of the days, no seat were available. It is now replaced by a 6 am flight.

The 22:30 departure of the YYZ-YQB flight is also removed. This flight is really important for some passengers in the winter since they can take it when their connection in YYZ is delayed because of the snow or any reason. Without that, when they miss the previous flight at 20h, they'll have to sleep in Toronto and come back home the next day at 9 am. And there is no late connection possibilities out of YUL as well.

This new AC frequency is so bad that it is about the same frequency as Westjet (3x). WS has always been weak in Québec but at least they don't reduce their frequency for the winter.

And the problem is even deeper than that. Why are the three main airports of New Brunswick having each of them better access to AC hubs? New Brunswick has a population of 750k. Quebec city has 800k for a total of 1.2 M using YQB as their main airport. Quebec city has more tourists than Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. It has the most Insurance company HQ in Canada. And yet, YQB still has to rely on SOME of AC hubs to get flights. I say some because it is impossible to connect eastward on a flight to Europe or the Atlantic provinces. Everything has to connect in YUL or YYZ. All of that makes YQB loose 1 M passengers a year who drive 3h or + to YUL, according to the airport administration. AC is definitely not serving YQB as it should for Canada's 7th largest city. That's a big problem for a flag carrier.

I'm very sorry if I sound rude, I just wanted to put things back into context. Of course, I might be wrong and feel free to tell me if I am.

Skywatcher

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 am

I have looked at the Statistics Canada reports. Quebec has the lowest air travel rate of any province in Canada (NB is #9) which in turn is notably lower than the USA. Outside of Montreal it is even worse. Sorry but most Quebecois simply don't travel by air as much as other North Americans. It is slowly improving but still has a long way to go. YQB is also a big government town like YOW. For some reason both of them under perform in terms of air travel statistics.
How does anybody know how many people drive to YUL from YQB to fly? I simply don't believe the 1 million number. That's 3,000 people per day. Where do they all park? I don't think the whole airport at YUL has 3,000 parking spots.

HVNandrew

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 am

Skywatcher wrote:
I have looked at the Statistics Canada reports. Quebec has the lowest air travel rate of any province in Canada (NB is #9) which in turn is notably lower than the USA. Outside of Montreal it is even worse. Sorry but most Quebecois simply don't travel by air as much as other North Americans. It is slowly improving but still has a long way to go. YQB is also a big government town like YOW. For some reason both of them under perform in terms of air travel statistics.
How does anybody know how many people drive to YUL from YQB to fly? I simply don't believe the 1 million number. That's 3,000 people per day. Where do they all park? I don't think the whole airport at YUL has 3,000 parking spots.

I'm sure there is leakage but I agree that number seems high. Quebec to Montreal also isn't exactly a short and easy drive, especially after a long flight, in the winter, or in Montreal traffic...

QC's unique air travel demand has been heavily discussed on this forum. In addition to the lower air travel rates, you have to look at where Quebecers go when they do travel. In the winter especially a lot of that traffic is headed to the south. YQB has quite a few seasonal sun destinations for that purpose; additional demand can be handled through a connection in YUL (which is very well served and continues to grow). YYZ is less important when most of YQB's traffic flows to the south and demand to destinations out west (both in Canada and the US) is much less.

Dominion301

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:05 am

samuelx88 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
samuelx88 wrote:

I honestly don't know about YYZ banks. However, losing the 5am departure out of YQB removes many early connections possibilities to the west cost as well as to USA. I remember looking at the seat map for that 5 am flight last winter and most of the days, no seat were available. It is now replaced by a 6 am flight.

The 22:30 departure of the YYZ-YQB flight is also removed. This flight is really important for some passengers in the winter since they can take it when their connection in YYZ is delayed because of the snow or any reason. Without that, when they miss the previous flight at 20h, they'll have to sleep in Toronto and come back home the next day at 9 am. And there is no late connection possibilities out of YUL as well.

This new AC frequency is so bad that it is about the same frequency as Westjet (3x). WS has always been weak in Québec but at least they don't reduce their frequency for the winter.

And the problem is even deeper than that. Why are the three main airports of New Brunswick having each of them better access to AC hubs? New Brunswick has a population of 750k. Quebec city has 800k for a total of 1.2 M using YQB as their main airport. Quebec city has more tourists than Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. It has the most Insurance company HQ in Canada. And yet, YQB still has to rely on SOME of AC hubs to get flights. I say some because it is impossible to connect eastward on a flight to Europe or the Atlantic provinces. Everything has to connect in YUL or YYZ. All of that makes YQB loose 1 M passengers a year who drive 3h or + to YUL, according to the airport administration. AC is definitely not serving YQB as it should for Canada's 7th largest city. That's a big problem for a flag carrier.

I'm very sorry if I sound rude, I just wanted to put things back into context. Of course, I might be wrong and feel free to tell me if I am.

Not everything connects at YUL or YQB. A little bit of traffic also connects at YOW. Not only that, but a little bit of AC traffic connects at YQB to places like YZV.

I would hazard a guess that YYZ-YQB is facing the same issues as any other mainline/Rouge station, namely the effects of the continued MAX grounding. While that route sees a frequency cut, overall capacity is pretty similar as it’s 2x 320 and 2x 200 seat 321s for this winter, vs a mix of 319s and E75s last winter...plus an extra weekly 321 to rotate an aircraft for the two new AC sun routes. Overall AC has added quite a bit of capacity at YQB the past couple of years. All turboprop routes are now on DH3s thanks to the drawdown of the DH1 fleet and the majority of the 10 daily YUL flights are on Q400s this winter, and even a noontime CRJ!

YQB-YHZ was last tried by PD and it lasted one summer. Compare that with YOW-YHZ that has 10-12 daily on three separate airlines. YQB’s Maritime links are mostly to NW NB & Acadie via car, bus or train, far from YHZ. I’d say the best chance YQB has for YHZ is a seasonal on a ULCC in a few years time.

Not sure if you’re aware, but New Brunswick is upgauged to Rouge, plus YQT and seasonally YYG due to AC pulling all Q400 ops out of YYZ.
Last edited by Dominion301 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dominion301

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:24 am

Skywatcher wrote:

Both underperform thanks to YUL leakage. However, there’s no way YQB leaks a million pax a year to YUL. I’ve heard much bigger (and closer) Ottawa leaks “at most” 500k/year. 1 million might mean leakage + pax flying YQB-YUL, the latter though is not leakage as the trip originates or terminates at YQB. YQB-YUL’s O&D probably isn’t more than 100k/year given the high fares and 3 hour drive to Montreal.

Those airports’ underperformance due to geography, is also why the train traffic “overperforms”. Ottawa has the 3rd busiest train station and Quebec City is somewhere around 5th it 6th...I believe London is 5th and Kingston is 4th...now there’s an airport with underperformance!

YOW has the added “bonus” of being stuck between YUL and YYZ. If it weren’t for geography, YOW’s traffic would be on par with YEG. Even if YOW were 400 km from YUL like it is to YYZ, that alone would add another +500k pax per year as AC would run hourly YUL-YOW flights that would carry significant O&D...but you can’t change geography!

Having said that, YQB has made significant strides in the past decade in coming into its own. It definitely could easily be a 2 million pax per year airport and will be eventually. YOW last year surpassing the phsychological 5 million barrier in 2018 is a major milestone as is next year’s arrival of Lufthansa. While on paper, this is “just” a metal swap with AC, visibility-wise, it’s pretty major for YOW.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Skywatcher wrote:

Here is a new article where the previous YQB CEO mentions that 1.4 million of passengers are passing through YUL instead of YQB, in 2016 https://www.journaldequebec.com/2016/08 ... -efficaces

There's often a 200$ of difference in the price of tickets per person so that makes sense that some families prefer to drive to YUL to get lower price. This number also accounts for the number of tourists whose final destination was Québec city but who took a bus or rent a car from YUL.

As for the very low number of Quebecers traveling by plane in their own province, well it is normal since a 1h30 flight from Quebec to Gaspe can cost up to 900$ one-way thanks to the lack of concurrence. So people prefer to drive 7h to save some money. I guess that this flight is mostly filled with government workers.

Like YOW, YQB is mostly a government city and that doesn't help as other have mentioned. And it's true that the decrease in frequency is caused by some routes being transfer from AC Express to Rouge, which brings it's own advantages and disadvantages.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

On a more positive note, it is a very good new that Air Transat increased its winter frequency for YQB-CDG from 1x weekly to 2x weekly starting in December

Thenoflyzone

Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Skywatcher wrote:
Where do they all park? I don't think the whole airport at YUL has 3,000 parking spots.

The current multi level parking alone can accommodate 4,600 cars. Overall, there are 11,000 parking spots available at YUL, and they are all full in winter. The new multi-level P4 they are building behind the transborder jetty alone will have 3,000 spots.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
Skywatcher wrote:
Where do they all park? I don't think the whole airport at YUL has 3,000 parking spots.

The current multi level parking alone can accommodate 4,600 cars. Overall, there are 11,000 parking spots available at YUL, and they are all full in winter. The new multi-level P4 they are building behind the transborder jetty alone will have 3,000 spots.

Some hotels in Montreal also rent parking spots with shuttle to YUL. Many people in Québec city also have family in Montréal so there's place to park at their house as well. Also, there are 18 bus departures a day between Quebec and Montreal. Air France/KLM also have a free daily shuttle between the two cities.

That number of passengers also includes tourists who arrive at YUL and rent a car to drive to Quebec city or who have Quebecers family members driving the 3h for them.

3000 passengers a day is a big number but it is realistic. I wonder if YOW as the same problem with YUL.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:37 am

In a conference today, the new CEO of YQB said that two hotels will be built around the terminal in 2021.

Also, he stated that following the change of YQB's strategy of development which started in April (to get new airlines), the following cities will be targeted in the near future to get direct flights :

Vancouver
    Los Angeles
    Edmonton
    Halifax
    Las Vegas
    Boston
    Orlando

With the government's subsidy for airlines, I hope it will help to launch a new era of growth for this airport which has so much potential. And hopefully, one day, the 1m yield of Québec city passengers driving to YUL will stop.

AC183

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 am

Really enjoyed visiting YQB, but I'd have to agree, the airport does need better transit access.

YOW certainly does have the same issues with proximity to YUL. I think AF or KLM actually had a bus service to connect Ottawa bound passengers to YUL.

I think Quebec could really benefit from some marketing efforts. Even with the current routes, I don't think YQB gets its share of traffic. It just does't seem to show up in the tourism trade as prominently as it deserves, and really should be spending more on promoting tourism especially from the rest of Canada. I also think the YQB airport authority should be promoting Quebec residents visiting places other than just warm weather spots. There's a lot of potential to increase the market that would really support airlines adding new routes.

Dominion301

Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:34 pm

samuelx88 wrote:
In a conference today, the new CEO of YQB said that two hotels will be built around the terminal in 2021.

Also, he stated that following the change of YQB's strategy of development which started in April (to get new airlines), the following cities will be targeted in the near future to get direct flights :

Vancouver
    Los Angeles
    Edmonton
    Halifax
    Las Vegas
    Boston
    Orlando

With the government's subsidy for airlines, I hope it will help to launch a new era of growth for this airport which has so much potential. And hopefully, one day, the 1m yield of Québec city passengers driving to YUL will stop.

I'm sure YVR, YEG and a return of YHZ will all happen eventually at least on a summer-seaonal basis. YQB already has seasonal service to MCO on TS, so not sure why it's on the list, unless he's talking about getting year-round service...or maybe he meant TPA? If the two new Rouge routes out of YQB are successful, I could see AC adding YQB-Florida Rouge on a combined daily service say 3x FLL, 2x MCO, 2x TPA on a 319....once AC have more narrowbodies flying again (i.e. the MAX gets back in the air and a decent number of 223s get delivered).

BOS is realistic in the next 5 years as DL builds up BOS.

Good luck with LAS or LAX. YOW probably has at least 2x the O&D traffic to both of those destinations. Mind you YHM and YXU suddenly have LAS service, so if YQB can pull one or both of those off before YOW, I'd tip my hat to their Airport Authority.

He also mentioned about improved service to CDG, YYC and FLL. I'm guessing improved = year-round? Doesn't CDG stop for about 6 weeks each late fall during the softest period of the year?

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:21 pm

AC183 wrote:
I also think the YQB airport authority should be promoting Quebec residents visiting places other than just warm weather spots. There's a lot of potential to increase the market that would really support airlines adding new routes.

You are completely right! That should be the first step. The only issue with it is the language barrier for the 40+ y.o. which can sometimes restrict their choices of destinations. Those people know that in Florida and Cuba, they can get the service they need in French. Promoting France, Morocco and western Canada should help to change quebecers' habits of vacation destinations.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Good luck with LAS or LAX. YOW probably has at least 2x the O&D traffic to both of those destinations.
He also mentioned about improved service to CDG, YYC and FLL. I'm guessing improved = year-round? Doesn't CDG stop for about 6 weeks each late fall during the softest period of the year?

For LAX, you're right, YOW should get that flight before. The only way for YQB to get it would be to subsidize American Airlines or AC to flight 4x weekly in winter and summer. Why? Because Quebec tourism authority could gain a lot by promoting Québec City as a destination for Australian and Kiwis during their summer (which is Quebec's winter). When you think about it, Québec city is one of the few cities in the country which can offer a real and complete Canadian winter experience for these tourists: the mountains within 35 minutes of downtown Québec, over 4m of snow precipitation, a lot of sunny days in the winter, loads of sugar shacks and finally the most european and largest historical area of the country, dating from the 17th century. The tourism authority could even subsidize a program which would include a free stay in Los Angeles in the travel package to add more attractiveness to a trip to Québec. I know, I'm a bit too positive about it, but look at that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSJdaAlc8A

And yes, CDG-YQB stops for about 6 weeks in November. This year, however, the winter frequency is doubled. If St. John's and Halifax each can have a 4x+ frequency over the year to London (without max grounding), I'm sure Québec city could have a 4x weekly in winter to Paris.

Skywatcher

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Sorry but I have to mention that Vancouver (Whistler etc.) has better winter sports available than YQB and is far closer to LAX and Australia/NZ. If the Ville de Quebec wants to subsidize routes that's fine but forget about provincial/federal money.

samuelx88
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Skywatcher wrote:
Sorry but I have to mention that Vancouver (Whistler etc.) has better winter sports available than YQB and is far closer to LAX and Australia/NZ. If the Ville de Quebec wants to subsidize routes that's fine but forget about provincial/federal money.

No need to be sorry, and yes, Whistler is much better for winter sports! Perhaps OCEANIA-YVR-YQB with some days in YVR would be better than LAX? Maybe Québec tourism authority could work with Whistler to make tourism holiday package with both cities.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos