pune
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:31 am

Apparently in the Indian Aero Show, Airbus is showing A330 Neo wide-bodies although no idea what the seating capacity of those will be.

See https://www.reuters.com/article/airshow ... SL1N20H07P
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:26 am

^^ It already flew back to TLS yesterday morning.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am

pune wrote:
Apparently in the Indian Aero Show, Airbus is showing A330 Neo wide-bodies although no idea what the seating capacity of those will be.


Airbus is pushing Indian LCCs to order the 330neo. The aircraft was brought to showcase it to them.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
pune
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:34 am

Has anybody seen this - https://scroll.in/article/836309/indias ... age-indian

Another data point that most Indians cannot fly.
 
BelAviaFan
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am

Have you seen this ? 150 cars destroyed due to a fire on a parking lot during the 2019 Aero India.

Last week two aircraft collided and crashed during an exercise.

https://www.aviation24.be/air-shows/aer ... oyed-fire/
BelAviaFan: Belgian Aviation Fan
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:40 pm

pune wrote:
Has anybody seen this - https://scroll.in/article/836309/indias ... age-indian

Another data point that most Indians cannot fly.

Has scroll supported any infrastructure development ever? Any road, rail, airport, or port project will have garbage leftist "media" like the Scroll crying hoarse about how this will benefit only the top section of the society.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:47 pm

pune wrote:
Has anybody seen this - https://scroll.in/article/836309/indias ... age-indian

Another data point that most Indians cannot fly.

Obviously not most Indians can fly but even if the number in increased to 10% from current 5% or something, it would be a big achievement, and huge in absolute numbers.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Latest on GoAir: 8 GoAir aircraft have remained grounded for at least a week. 4 of them are brand new neos. The next crisis seems to be around the corner.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
pune
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 pm

anshabhi wrote:
pune wrote:
Has anybody seen this - https://scroll.in/article/836309/indias ... age-indian

Another data point that most Indians cannot fly.

Obviously not most Indians can fly but even if the number in increased to 10% from current 5% or something, it would be a big achievement, and huge in absolute numbers.


That I agree with, we should be looking at how that can be achieved then. Actually not even 10% but even if 20% of the population can travel via air, it would be a huge game-changer for travel per-se, although don't see that happening anytime soon till we get our infrastructure in terms of Airport infrastructure as well as getting there. For instance getting Pune Metro to Lohegaon Airport, although not anytime soon.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 119349.cms
Last edited by pune on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2609
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:49 pm

unrave wrote:
Latest on GoAir: 8 GoAir aircraft have remained grounded for at least a week. 4 of them are brand new neos. The next crisis seems to be around the corner.


What do you mean by crisis? Crisis in what sense?
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7306
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Go Air should learn from well-run airlines to virtually park frames by variable usage. But you need free cash for such antics.

More pieces to the Indigo crew shortage puzzle.

Apparently, the 3100 number thrown around includes trainees, lots of them. Actual flight crew number is 2417 according to Financial Express.
Need to add 651 FC this year, added only 392. 251 short.
Needed to add/upgrade 325 captains current FY, it really gets daisy here.

Also, the 6.65 captains/plane number seems to be too low, All I have seen is 8 minimum to maintain the schedule. Could be an innovation.

Flights 1000-1300 30% increase
Fleet 150-208??

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... g/1496011/
According to the airline’s annual report for FY18, it had 2,025 pilots (those available to fly) as of March 2018. At that time, the number of its daily flight stood at 1,000 with over 150 aircraft. Going by the ratio that the airlines’ need to maintain — 6.65 captains per aircraft — IndiGo was well within the limit. It had a requirement of roughly 997.5 captains and it had a strength of near about 1,012.5. However, around December 2018, IndiGo’s number of flights per day rose to 1,300 and it added 49 more aircraft to its fleet but its number of pilots increased by only 392 to 2,417. Going by the industry benchmark mix of 50:50 between captains and first officers, IndiGo should have added 651.7 pilots, of which 325.85 should have been captains.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Go Air should learn from well-run airlines to virtually park frames by variable usage.

GoAir should actually learn from bankrupt airlines to get their planes grounded by non payment of leases.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Blerg wrote:
What do you mean by crisis? Crisis in what sense?

We have one terminally ill airline (AI), one bankrupt airline fighting for life (9W), one airline that can't find captains to fly its planes (6E). Go Air could become the fourth crisis ridden airline.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:31 pm

unrave wrote:
Parked 6E aircraft idling on the tarmac at BLR
Image
Photo courtesy of a pilot with a rival airline

COO William Boulter says they have discussed with several airports in China and is confident that ops to China will be launched this year to two different cities, 14x weekly

Lol my aircraft just pulled into one of these remote stands, number 61 to be exact in my case.
Are you sure that these aircraft are parked and not simply getting ready for their next flight? (The photo is probably from peak hours)
I don't see any aircraft parked forever here, at11 PM
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:34 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Lol my aircraft just pulled into one of these remote stands, number 61 to be exact in my case.
Are you sure that these aircraft are parked and not simply getting ready for their next flight? (The photo is probably from peak hours)
I don't see any aircraft parked forever here, at11 PM

They were parked for that day. The airport had a runway closure for AeroIndia
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7306
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:39 pm

BelAviaFan wrote:
Have you seen this ? 150 cars destroyed due to a fire on a parking lot during the 2019 Aero India.

Last week two aircraft collided and crashed during an exercise.

https://www.aviation24.be/air-shows/aer ... oyed-fire/


NDTV is reporting 300 cars.

Why is the land so parched, it is still Feb, not peak summer. Using a parched land as a temporary parking lot is a bad idea. California won't even recommend pulling over on the shoulder during drought, just the hot car can start fires.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Californian regulations must indeed be followed in letter and spirit for an airshow in Bangalore.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:55 pm

I am pretty sure no thought was given to a possible grass fire at all while designating the parking.

Pretty sad Aero India this time, with nothing significant positive and 2 very tragic incidents.

Would the insurance policies of cars cover such an incident?
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7306
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Indigo bus hit AI Engineering contract employee at BLR.

As per AI statement, he is severely injured.
https://twitter.com/shukla_tarun?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor

Indigo's usual spin
https://twitter.com/shukla_tarun/status ... 5833517057
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am

IndiGo will add 50% of its capacity on international routes this year, to fly to China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, CIS countries and also add frequencies on existing routes.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... s&from=mdr

50% of IndiGo's projected capacity addition of 30% translates to addition deployment of roughly 10b ASKM in international routes this year, effectively doubling IndiGo's international capacity.

Meanwhile Adani Enterprises has won the privatisation bid for all 5 airports whose bids were opened today. Bids for Gauhati will be opened tomorrow and Adani is most likely to bag this as well.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm

unrave wrote:
IndiGo will add 50% of its capacity on international routes this year, to fly to China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, CIS countries and also add frequencies on existing routes.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... s&from=mdr

50% of IndiGo's projected capacity addition of 30% translates to addition deployment of roughly 10b ASKM in international routes this year, effectively doubling IndiGo's international capacity.

Meanwhile Adani Enterprises has won the privatisation bid for all 5 airports whose bids were opened today. Bids for Gauhati will be opened tomorrow and Adani is most likely to bag this as well.


Image
https://twitter.com/awnusharma/status/1 ... 7654123520

Very aggressive bids from Adani for sure. Passengers should get ready for high UDF maybe? AAI tenders should have a clause of not only what it will get from operators, but also how much pax will pay to the operator.
Hoping Managlore gets a lounge now though.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Very aggressive bids from Adani for sure. Passengers should get ready for high UDF maybe? AAI tenders should have a clause of not only what it will get from operators, but also how much pax will pay to the operator.
Hoping Managlore gets a lounge now though.

No, UDF cannot be hiked arbitrarily. AREA is a very watchful authority that does not allow wasteful expenditure on anything. I did not even allow BIAL to fund airport metro station(s) within BLR airport.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:29 pm

unrave wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
Very aggressive bids from Adani for sure. Passengers should get ready for high UDF maybe? AAI tenders should have a clause of not only what it will get from operators, but also how much pax will pay to the operator.
Hoping Managlore gets a lounge now though.

No, UDF cannot be hiked arbitrarily. AREA is a very watchful authority that does not allow wasteful expenditure on anything. I did not even allow BIAL to fund airport metro station(s) within BLR airport.

Good then. But how's Adani going to recover 170+ from each pax?
Skyroofing shop rents and landing/parking charges is possibly the only option then?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:35 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Good then. But how's Adani going to recover 170+ from each pax?
Skyroofing shop rents and landing/parking charges is possibly the only option then?

Bid winners have unrestricted rights for landside development. That is what made this so much more attractive.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:12 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Good then. But how's Adani going to recover 170+ from each pax?
Skyroofing shop rents and landing/parking charges is possibly the only option then?


Hope they don’t compromise on quality when developing those airports in a bid to be able to pay those high rates to AAI. What other airports do Adani group already have that one can assess if they make good airports or not?
Bidding to pay those ridiculously high fees per pax to AAI should serve as a red flag in some way for this completely new Co. in the airport business. GMR & GVK have proved themselves in this field, others are all questionable.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7306
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:22 pm

I have a feeling Adani wants AAI to reject their bids because they are abnormal. As if someone forced them must win these bids, but Adani doesn't want to.

They are close to 20% high than the next bid and Mangaluru bid is ~250% high.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:38 pm

avier wrote:
Hope they don’t compromise on quality when developing those airports in a bid to be able to pay those high rates to AAI. What other airports do Adani group already have that one can assess if they make good airports or not?
Bidding to pay those ridiculously high fees per pax to AAI should serve as a red flag in some way for this completely new Co. in the airport business. GMR & GVK have proved themselves in this field, others are all questionable.


They have to start somewhere though. GMR and GVK too were nobodies in 2005. It is good for Indian aviation that their duopoly has now been broken. As for running the airports, it would be fine once a professional management takes over. BIAL - arguably India's best run private run airport - is managed by a Canadian investment fund with no prior experience in running an airport.

Anyway nobody can be worse than AAI.

dtw2hyd wrote:
I have a feeling Adani wants AAI to reject their bids because they are abnormal. As if someone forced them must win these bids, but Adani doesn't want to.

They are close to 20% high than the next bid and Mangaluru bid is ~250% high.

Absolutely. A firm has bid aggressively just so that its bids could be rejected.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
vadodara
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:07 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Image
https://twitter.com/awnusharma/status/1 ... 7654123520

Very aggressive bids from Adani for sure. Passengers should get ready for high UDF maybe? AAI tenders should have a clause of not only what it will get from operators, but also how much pax will pay to the operator.
Hoping Managlore gets a lounge now though.


The spreads seem very large but at least in 3 cases, Adani was similar to 2 others.

Appears that GMR lowbid all; wonder if their in ability to scale their 2 franchises is showing here.
 
vadodara
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:43 pm

avier wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
Good then. But how's Adani going to recover 170+ from each pax?
Skyroofing shop rents and landing/parking charges is possibly the only option then?


Hope they don’t compromise on quality when developing those airports in a bid to be able to pay those high rates to AAI. What other airports do Adani group already have that one can assess if they make good airports or not?
Bidding to pay those ridiculously high fees per pax to AAI should serve as a red flag in some way for this completely new Co. in the airport business. GMR & GVK have proved themselves in this field, others are all questionable.


Why does this have to become a quality compromise? After all Adani’s run one of the most efficient seaports. Give them some credit where it is due. Btw they won the license under UPA.

Another way of looking at this is they are projecting a very optimistic passenger/cargo growth. One may question those numbers but that in itself should be termed as questionable motive.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18417
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 pm

unrave wrote:
IndiGo will add 50% of its capacity on international routes this year, to fly to China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, CIS countries and also add frequencies on existing routes.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... s&from=mdr

50% of IndiGo's projected capacity addition of 30% translates to addition deployment of roughly 10b ASKM in international routes this year, effectively doubling IndiGo's international capacity.

Half of capacity addition going international will rock the market. Indigo has the feed to kickstart routes.

What is Spicejet's international plan? GoAir?

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18417
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Did I miss the discussion on slowing bIndian travel growth? High single digit growth in December and January.

https://www.theindianwire.com/business/ ... 03622/amp/

It looks like a bit of rationalization occurred. I wonder if Indigo's international plans are based off a saturated domestic market. In my opinion, AI and 9W are not ready for fast ULCC international growth.

Nor is much of the international competition.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
pune
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 am

sand26391 wrote:
Top 20 Countries by ASKs w/c 18-Feb-2019

Image



Can somebody share the source of these numbers ?

btw did anybody see this https://www.news18.com/news/india/india ... 48431.html

Spicejet Founder says Indian airlines can beat emirates and etihad.
Last edited by pune on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 am

Adani has won the bid for operating Gauhati airport too, making a clean sweep of all 6 airports on offer.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 am

pune wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Top 20 Countries by ASKs w/c 18-Feb-2019

Image



Can somebody share the source of these numbers ?

btw did anybody see this https://www.news18.com/news/india/india ... 48431.html

Spicejet Founder says Indian airlines can beat emirates and etihad.


Why not after all gulf carriers are what they are because of Indians. But Indian airlines will never get fuel as cheap as gulf carriers
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:27 am

anshabhi wrote:
pune wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Top 20 Countries by ASKs w/c 18-Feb-2019

Image



Can somebody share the source of these numbers ?

btw did anybody see this https://www.news18.com/news/india/india ... 48431.html

Spicejet Founder says Indian airlines can beat emirates and etihad.


Why not after all gulf carriers are what they are because of Indians. But Indian airlines will never get fuel as cheap as gulf carriers


I disagree. IMO, gulf carriers are what they are because of their strategic location and their super hubs. Basically its a vicious cycle ie) the greater their destinations, the greater the passengers to feed their super hub.

Although I do agree on the fact that Indians contribute a lot of traffic to the gulf airlines.
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:13 am

anshabhi wrote:

Why not after all gulf carriers are what they are because of Indians. But Indian airlines will never get fuel as cheap as gulf carriers


Let's also not forget the 0% Corporate & Income Tax in UAE. Also no ridiculous taxes and customs duty on importing and lease rentals of aircrafts. Hence they can place orders for 100s of A380's and 777's, whereas in India for a private airline to order even 10 787's seems like a big risky thing.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 am

avier wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Why not after all gulf carriers are what they are because of Indians. But Indian airlines will never get fuel as cheap as gulf carriers


Let's also not forget the 0% Corporate & Income Tax in UAE. Also no ridiculous taxes and customs duty on importing and lease rentals of aircrafts. Hence they can place orders for 100s of A380's and 777's, whereas in India for a private airline to order even 10 787's seems like a big risky thing.


Any idea how much are the taxes and custom duties ?
 
karan14695
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am

AI 922 Riyadh-Mumbai is being operated via Ahmedabad on Tuesdays. Any reason why?
 
pune
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:45 pm

 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 am

SXR airport closed following airspace closure after intrusion by Pakistani aircraft. No reports of any civilian aircraft being stuck there.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:23 am

Indian Air Force asks airlines to stop operations to Leh, Jammu, Srinagar, Amritsar, Pathankot, Dharamshala, Dehradun airports.
All airports by Pakistan border on high alert after Pakistan fighter jet does incursion inside Indian border
https://twitter.com/ari_maj/status/1100639850301132800
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:33 am

unrave wrote:
Indian Air Force asks airlines to stop operations to Leh, Jammu, Srinagar, Amritsar, Pathankot, Dharamshala, Dehradun airports.
All airports by Pakistan border on high alert after Pakistan fighter jet does incursion inside Indian border
https://twitter.com/ari_maj/status/1100639850301132800

What about flights to gulf, Europe and US??
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:34 am

anshabhi wrote:
What about flights to gulf, Europe and US??

The airspace is shut for all civilian aircraft
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:38 am

unrave wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
What about flights to gulf, Europe and US??

The airspace is shut for all civilian aircraft

The first thing I hate about war.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:48 am

There are reports that Pakistan has closed its airspace to Indian flights
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 am

unrave wrote:
There are reports that Pakistan has closed its airspace to Indian flights


Is it the overflight rights? The last time I checked, there was not a single direct route connecting Pakistan with India.
 
Bhadra
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:54 am

unrave wrote:
There are reports that Pakistan has closed its airspace to Indian flights


Unconfirmed reports of areal dog fight at the border are also coming in. I'd like to stress on the word unconfirmed as of now.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:02 am

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
unrave wrote:
There are reports that Pakistan has closed its airspace to Indian flights


Is it the overflight rights? The last time I checked, there was not a single direct route connecting Pakistan with India.

Yeesss. All flights from Delhi and North India to Europe, Gulf and NA fly over Pakistan.
Now they will have to take a 2 hour detour across Mumbai and Arabian sea similar to AI's DEL-TLV
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 am

Is the ban on Indian airlines or flights originating from India? FR24 over Pakistan is unusually empty today. I did see one EK DEL-DXB flight and that's it.
After a slight diversion, 9W 546 entering Pakistani airspace right now 9W546 from Delhi to Dubai https://fr24.com/JAI546/1fa26c89

Pakistan will also lose connectivity to entire East Asia including China
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2019

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:02 am

Why do flight routes avoid Gujarat when say avoiding Pak airspace? Seeing EK's DXB-DEL flight come North of Mumbai and then track towards DEL, clearly avoid the western Gujarat airspace from Arabian Sea.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos