SWADawg

Re: Updated: WN 8725 KOAK - PHNL She's on her way!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 pm

On its way from OGG-DAL. I wonder if this is the last validation flight they need. Formal approval tomorrow or Thursday?
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

AAflyguy

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:58 pm

SWADawg wrote:
On its way from OGG-DAL. I wonder if this is the last validation flight they need. Formal approval tomorrow or Thursday?

There were to be 6 Validation Flights. This is #6. So, let's hope there is good news coming soon, very soon..

AAFlyGuy

smflyer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 am

tphuang wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
tphuang wrote:

While we are at it. I will make my predictions to for the 4 cities they talked about.

I think inter island flights will be short lived. I can't see that lasting too long.

To start off,
OAK-HNL/OGG
SJC-HNL
SAN-HNL/OGG
SMF-HNL

And after a few month
OAK-LIH/KOA
SMF-LIH
SAN-KOA
SJC-OGG

If they are entering LAX, then
LAX-HNL/OGG

I can't see SMF having much more.
To put things in perspective. SMF is already getting 50% more capacity this year. I can't see SMF-OGG supporting 3 carriers or SMF-KOA supporting 2 carriers. It's possible they will stop SMF at just HNL. Even with that, SMF is going to see some carriers dropping out soon enough.

I'd imagine AS would pull out of OAK to HI pretty soon. They just can't compete with the connections WN has at OAK. OAK is already their weakest HI routes.

SAN/SJC will be interesting to see. 3 additional daily flights at SAN from WN next year will be probably 40% additional capacity. And that's if we assume HA doesn't enter more SAN markets. SJC is a more fluid market. Since OAK is the primary station, they might start off conservatively at SJC.

Wouldn’t a possible key to success with all this new capacity be through and connecting flights to CONUS cities without direct flights to Hawaiian destinations? Or in the case of WN, getting passengers from other airlines who would otherwise prefer WN but now can fly WN? The Southwest effect, in a way?

Yes, I would expect that to be the case. Especially at OAK, with WN's strong ff base there and all the connection options, I would imagine it's the easiest one for WN to turn profitable.

But at SMF/SAN, having 50% or 80% extra capacity to HI is still going to just kill the yields. I would expect WN to hurt legacy carriers also since they will be picking up some connection passengers from middle of america who would otherwise connect at SFO/LAX/PHX/DEN.

I'm biased towards SMF, but the additional capacity at SMF might actually just fill up. My anecdotal evidence is that a lot of my friends that have travelled to Hawaii over the last few years have found connecting through LAX or SFO or even driving down to the bay and parking at a friends cheaper than flying non-stop from SMF. HA and AS both have monopoly routes and their flight nearly always go out full so this added competition from WN should be healthy. WN also has relatively high frequency service to SEA, PDX, and DEN out of SMF and can use those as feeder for the Hawaii service as well. There's also GEG, BOI, and SLC as possible feeders, but those are single daily service so timing for connections may be an issue.

AAflyguy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:50 am

smflyer wrote:
tphuang wrote:
AirFiero wrote:

Wouldn’t a possible key to success with all this new capacity be through and connecting flights to CONUS cities without direct flights to Hawaiian destinations? Or in the case of WN, getting passengers from other airlines who would otherwise prefer WN but now can fly WN? The Southwest effect, in a way?

Yes, I would expect that to be the case. Especially at OAK, with WN's strong ff base there and all the connection options, I would imagine it's the easiest one for WN to turn profitable.

But at SMF/SAN, having 50% or 80% extra capacity to HI is still going to just kill the yields. I would expect WN to hurt legacy carriers also since they will be picking up some connection passengers from middle of america who would otherwise connect at SFO/LAX/PHX/DEN.

I'm biased towards SMF, but the additional capacity at SMF might actually just fill up. My anecdotal evidence is that a lot of my friends that have travelled to Hawaii over the last few years have found connecting through LAX or SFO or even driving down to the bay and parking at a friends cheaper than flying non-stop from SMF. HA and AS both have monopoly routes and their flight nearly always go out full so this added competition from WN should be healthy. WN also has relatively high frequency service to SEA, PDX, and DEN out of SMF and can use those as feeder for the Hawaii service as well. There's also GEG, BOI, and SLC as possible feeders, but those are single daily service so timing for connections may be an issue.

SMF is only likely to see a single daily flight to 1 or 2 HI markets. I doubt there will really be much to connect people to that service from other markets via SMF, but I suppose time will tell. OAK is the most likely candidate to serve as the primary connecting point, which will necessitate more than one daily r/t to the most popular islands. SMF/SJC/SAN/OAK to HI is going to be interesting to watch over the next few months or so.

AAflyguy

AirFiero

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 am

barney captain wrote:
No redeyes. Expect mid-morning departures from CA, with mid-afternoon returns from HI. OAK may see an additional departure later in the day. It's what the CA tourist market dictates.

OGG-DAL airborne -

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8725

What was the rationale for running the returns all the way back to DAL?

AAflyguy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 am

AirFiero wrote:
barney captain wrote:
No redeyes. Expect mid-morning departures from CA, with mid-afternoon returns from HI. OAK may see an additional departure later in the day. It's what the CA tourist market dictates.

OGG-DAL airborne -

What was the rationale for running the returns all the way back to DAL?

I suspect it’s due to two factors. This was the last Validation Flight, and there were very strong tailwinds today, working in favor of the plane making the trek all the way back to DAL (since it had a light payload with virtually no pax or cargo).

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 am

AirFiero wrote:
barney captain wrote:

OGG-DAL airborne -

What was the rationale for running the returns all the way back to DAL?[/quote

FAA officials and WN Etops group run a post Flight Table top meetings at WN HDQ.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

AirFiero

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:56 am

wnflyguy wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
barney captain wrote:

OGG-DAL airborne -

FAA officials and WN Etops group run a post Flight Table top meetings at WN HDQ.

Flyguy

Wow. Almost 7 hours of flight time.

WNCrew

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 pm

AirFiero wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
AirFiero wrote:

Flyguy

Wow. Almost 7 hours of flight time.

27 minutes longer than this one:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA ... /KBWI/KSAN
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

WN732

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:40 pm

asteriskceo wrote:

Nothing to see here, really... They will be launching the flights at most likely bottom barrel prices on planes with 5+ hour missions, with incredibly short lead time. So, of course, that is going to cost $$$ in the beginning. They are going into this knowing that was going to happen. Then you add in the cost of opening new airports, training staff and ramping things up from scratch, it gets very expensive.

barney captain

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 pm

asteriskceo wrote:

First of all - no.

Second, why you find it funny that any airline may be "unravelling"?

Third - did you actually read the article you linked?

Southwest Airlines's new route to Hawaii may prove profitable in the long run, but the service should pressure profits in the near term, according to Goldman Sachs.Though the analyst remains positive on the airline in the long term, those investors looking for a savvy stock investment in the next year may be better served with other names, O'Brien told clients.

Is any new airline route instantly profitable? Isn't long term profitability the goal?
Southeast Of Disorder

ajlombardi2

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:02 pm

since it looks like we are on the final countdown, anyone want to try and guess on what the first fare prices will be :D? I think I'm gonna try and jump on the first wknd they do SAN-OGG.

sgbroimp

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 pm

In the olden days we all had to fly narrow bodies on long routes. Was not great, but at least they had 4 engines. Now a narrow body with two engines on a long route? Not my cup of tea when I have a choice.

Chemist

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:46 pm

sgbroimp wrote:
In the olden days we all had to fly narrow bodies on long routes. Was not great, but at least they had 4 engines. Now a narrow body with two engines on a long route? Not my cup of tea when I have a choice.

Long flights on narrow body twins has been going on for decades, nothing new here.

hawaiian717

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 pm

sgbroimp wrote:

California to Hawaii flights are about as long as California to New York flights. And Southwest is no different; Alaska is flying all narrowbodies to Hawaii, and Delta, United, and American all fly at least some flights on narrowbodies (737, 757, A321neo). A few years ago Hawaiian used to advertise their all-widebody fleet to Hawaii, but stopped doing that ahead of the introduction of the A321neo.

jagraham

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Engines are averaging about 1 million hours between in-flight shutdowns. And perversely enough, doubling the number of engines doubles the possibility of a shutdown. Besides, with 2 engines, planes fly farther. A single big engine is generally more fuel efficient than 2 engines of half size. And a single engine usually weighs less than 2 smaller engines. More weight for fuel.

It's going to be 2 engines for quite a while. So either fly across the ocean in a 2 engine plane or don't fly (except for EK, SQ, BA, LH, EY, and there's now an expiration date on those planes).

madpropsyo

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:44 pm

sgbroimp wrote:

Good luck finding any scheduled US to Hawai’i service on anything with more than 2 motors. Maybe if you ship yourself via FedEx?

AAflyguy

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

ajlombardi2 wrote:
since it looks like we are on the final countdown, anyone want to try and guess on what the first fare prices will be :D? I think I'm gonna try and jump on the first wknd they do SAN-OGG.

My guess is that the Intro Fare is going to be $99 one-way from the four Mainland U.S. markets on whatever routes WN decides to operate from each. I say that because HA is already offering $149 fares ahead of WN's announcement. WN has to do something which will cause a huge splash beyond FINALLY announcing its scheduled service to HI. $99 will create a ton of buzz, so that's what I think it will do initially. There will be limits, of course, on how many seats per flight, but I expect that will be the starting point. Hopefully we will find out in the next couple of days. I suspect OAK will be the only one of the four to see service to all four islands. I'm actually surprised there's been no announcement yet with the last validation flight taking place on Tuesday.. :scratchchin:

AAflyguy

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:24 pm

ajlombardi2 wrote:

Since it probably gonna be a epic eruption to celebrate the 50th state of the Union joining WN network. Using my own play on words I'm gonna guess $50 one way fares. If WN starts HNL-OGG Inter island flights right of the bat I see $21 inter island fares.
Would they make money? No. Will it drum up HUGE traffic and stimulate The market? Like WN always has done.

My prediction. Hopefully on Monday at the Employee Dallas company Rally the fares and schedule get released.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

WN732

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:25 pm

AAflyguy wrote:
ajlombardi2 wrote:

My guess is that the Intro Fare is going to be $99 one-way from the four Mainland U.S. markets on whatever routes WN decides to operate from each. I say that because HA is already offering $149 fares ahead of WN's announcement. WN has to do something which will cause a huge splash beyond FINALLY announcing its scheduled service to HI. $99 will create a ton of buzz, so that's what I think it will do initially. There will be limits, of course, on how many seats per flight, but I expect that will be the starting point. Hopefully we will find out in the next couple of days. I suspect OAK will be the only one of the four to see service to all four islands. I'm actually surprised there's been no announcement yet with the last validation flight taking place on Tuesday.. :scratchchin:

AAflyguy

I wouldn't underestimate SAN and SJC. One thing that AS and HA don't have at these airports is tons of feed from other cities. SMF maybe not, but we will see.

However, rumor has it that the announcement will FINALLY be made on Monday at the Dallas Rally.

ajlombardi2

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:24 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
ajlombardi2 wrote:

Since it probably gonna be a epic eruption to celebrate the 50th state of the Union joining WN network. Using my own play on words I'm gonna guess $50 one way fares. If WN starts HNL-OGG Inter island flights right of the bat I see $21 inter island fares.
Would they make money? No. Will it drum up HUGE traffic and stimulate The market? Like WN always has done.

My prediction. Hopefully on Monday at the Employee Dallas company Rally the fares and schedule get released.

Flyguy

$50 one way with ~4k rapid reward redemption option would be epic and I will be jumping on that for the first flight out lol. $99 is what i would speculate too at least for the first month of flights on short notice. fingers crossed SAN-OGG is on the initial roll out.

RWA380

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 pm

WN732 wrote:
AAflyguy wrote:
ajlombardi2 wrote:

AAflyguy

I wouldn't underestimate SAN and SJC. One thing that AS and HA don't have at these airports is tons of feed from other cities. SMF maybe not, but we will see.

However, rumor has it that the announcement will FINALLY be made on Monday at the Dallas Rally.

Honestly trying to not be that guy, I have connected via SJC twice on AS, both times to KOA, we left PDX at 6am & landing right behind us was the Seattle flight. Both PDX & SEA planes filled the half full 738 heading to Kona. I think AS connects only a few cities however, they won’t offer the amount WN will.
707, 717, 720, 727-1/2, 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9, 747-1/2/3, 757, 767-2/3/4, 777-2/3, DC8, DC9, MD80/2/7/8, D10-1/3/4, M11, L10-2/5, A300/310/319/320
AA AC AQ BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WN WP YS 8M

barney captain

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 am

I'm actually surprised there's been no announcement yet with the last validation flight taking place on Tuesday..

The inside word is we have received approval - but lets wait for something official.
Southeast Of Disorder

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:37 am

barney captain wrote:
I'm actually surprised there's been no announcement yet with the last validation flight taking place on Tuesday..

The inside word is we have received approval - but lets wait for something official.

Their no Rush to getting it out tomorrow.
With the company Dallas Rally Monday.
It's perfectly timed for a party time announcement which makes it perfectly timed for a Mid Hawaiian Time announcement.

Flyguy

AirFiero

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:48 pm

RWA380 wrote:
WN732 wrote:
AAflyguy wrote:

AAflyguy

Honestly trying to not be that guy, I have connected via SJC twice on AS, both times to KOA, we left PDX at 6am & landing right behind us was the Seattle flight. Both PDX & SEA planes filled the half full 738 heading to Kona. I think AS connects only a few cities however, they won’t offer the amount WN will.

I’m curious to see what might develop once the 5 new jetway gates and 1 ground boarding gate open at SJC this summer. It might be wishful thinking, but AS could add some regional destinations like FAT, SBA, STS, etc and time them to feed not only their flights to Hawaii, but also Mexico and DAL, AUS and EWR. And don’t forget PAE. I would think that AS could remain competitive to Hawaii by using their network, brand loyalty and FF program to fill those flights. WN can and probably plan to do the same, but I would think that both airlines have slightly different customer bases. HA, with no connection opportunities on the mainland, might be the most at risk.

mcdu

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

It's perfectly timed for a party time announcement which makes it perfectly timed for a Mid Hawaiian Time announcement.

Flyguy

I thought the perfect timing was on Feb 14th. The airlines LUV day and all the LUVVY stuff. Wonder if they will acknowledge the mechanics contribution to the gaining of ETOPS certification. And by the way welcome to 1982 WN in gaining ETOPS. Nothing like making a big deal out of what every other airline has achieved years prior. I don't recall even Virgin America making a big deal about their ETOPS certification. Even Allegiant had ETOPSand hawaii service before WN. So throw that party and party like its 1982...

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:19 pm

mcdu wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Flyguy

I thought the perfect timing was on Feb 14th. The airlines LUV day and all the LUVVY stuff. Wonder if they will acknowledge the mechanics contribution to the gaining of ETOPS certification. And by the way welcome to 1982 WN in gaining ETOPS. Nothing like making a big deal out of what every other airline has achieved years prior. I don't recall even Virgin America making a big deal about their ETOPS certification. Even Allegiant had ETOPSand hawaii service before WN. So throw that party and party like its 1982...

We get it you hate Southwest.

Flyguy

Silver1SWA

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:51 pm

mcdu wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Flyguy

I got married last weekend and I’m in my 30s. I celebrated with a big wedding even though I’m relatively late to the party because it’s a big milestone in MY life.

It’s a company event and if they use that to announce it, the “big deal” will be for the EMPLOYEES.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

cledaybuck

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:56 pm

ajlombardi2 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
ajlombardi2 wrote:

Flyguy

$50 one way with ~4k rapid reward redemption option would be epic and I will be jumping on that for the first flight out lol. $99 is what i would speculate too at least for the first month of flights on short notice. fingers crossed SAN-OGG is on the initial roll out.

I think people are going to be disappointed when they see the fares judging by some of the responses in this thread.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

asteriskceo

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:30 am

barney captain wrote:
asteriskceo wrote:

First of all - no.

Southwest Airlines's new route to Hawaii may prove profitable in the long run, but the service should pressure profits in the near term, according to Goldman Sachs.Though the analyst remains positive on the airline in the long term, those investors looking for a savvy stock investment in the next year may be better served with other names, O'Brien told clients.

Is any new airline route instantly profitable? Isn't long term profitability the goal?

Yes, I can read, but thanks for your passive aggressive response.

1) MX emergency declared
2) FAA probes into safety related issues (W&B)
3) Downgraded rating by Goldman Sachs
4) Nationwide ground stop due to software outage

And this was just in February!! :lol:

asteriskceo

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:34 am

wnflyguy wrote:
mcdu wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

We get it you hate Southwest.

Flyguy

We get it. You “report” “rumors” that you made up yourself.

n7371f

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:37 am

All initiated by the fine folks at AMFA.

How did that end up at Northwest Airlines, AMFA?

asteriskceo wrote:
barney captain wrote:
asteriskceo wrote:

First of all - no.

1) MX emergency declared

asteriskceo

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:44 am

n7371f wrote:
All initiated by the fine folks at AMFA.

How did that end up at Northwest Airlines, AMFA?

asteriskceo wrote:
barney captain wrote:

First of all - no.

1) MX emergency declared

Pretty sure only one of those things was even remotely possible to have been initiated by AMFA, but okay? :roll:

n7371f

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 am

AMFA alerted the FAA about the baggage issue. AMFA initiated the aircraft-out-of-service.

And I'd encourage your naivety to research history because it's the same game plan. Been there. Done that.

The difference with Northwest was they had the history of AMFA and had quietly made plans for years to operate with them going on strike. And it worked.

Not saying that's where SWA is going. Won't happen. SWA's reputation requires them to settle. But the B.S. being pulled on them is playbook AMFA.

Silver1SWA

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:08 am

n7371f wrote:
AMFA alerted the FAA about the baggage issue.

No. Unrelated.

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:54 am

mcdu wrote:

I thought the perfect timing was on Feb 14th. The airlines LUV day and all the LUVVY stuff. Wonder if they will acknowledge the mechanics contribution to the gaining of ETOPS certification. And by the way welcome to 1982 WN in gaining ETOPS. Nothing like making a big deal out of what every other airline has achieved years prior.

1982?? Most (as in virtually all) airlines were without ETOPS at that time.

In any case, they're not catching up. ETOPS is actually a very expensive program to maintain. If you're not going to use it, there is no value in paying for it.

WN really wasn't behind on that. They could have had this whenever they wanted. There were just no routes to HI on WN in 1982.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

77H

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:22 am

madpropsyo wrote:
sgbroimp wrote:

Good luck finding any scheduled US to Hawai’i service on anything with more than 2 motors. Maybe if you ship yourself via FedEx?

That might be tough even on FX as they have begun to utilize the 77F with increasing frequency to HNL.

I don’t understand how there are aviation enthusiasts that still grumble about flying long stage lengths on a 2 engine aircraft. Reminiscing is one thing but to actively avoid twin jets on overwater segments is as foolish as it is difficult these days. When I travel to and from Hawaii I do try and avoid the 737 when possible but that’s strictly from a comfort perspective. I’ve never felt unsafe on one.

77H

WNCrew

Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Anyone know if there's a MAX8 flight scheduled in these validation flights? I thought (might have even read it here) that one of the later flights was to be operated with one of the MAX8s as a means to get them into ETOPS as well.

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:17 pm

WNCrew wrote:
Anyone know if there's a MAX8 flight scheduled in these validation flights? I thought (might have even read it here) that one of the later flights was to be operated with one of the MAX8s as a means to get them into ETOPS as well.

From what I have heard the MAX8 is already approved for ETOPS flying by Boeing and the FAA.
The FAA is only require to have WN do Proving flights showing it's capable of operating ETOPS flights.
The MAX8 ETOPS will come under the same approval ratings as the 800NG ETOPS.
Yes it's a newer version more complex 737 it's still just a 737 WN been flying for 46 yrs.
Now a completely new NON 737 aircraft type would be required for proving flights.

AA and HA had to achieve these with the A321 when they introduced them to the market.

I was told WN had scheduled a MAX8etops on the OAK-OGG-DAL
But FAA said it wasn't necessary.

WN decision to use majority of the Hawaii flights with the 800NG ETOPS was a matter of schedule being built up quickly.

Flyguy

travaz

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

A question. If an Airline already has ETOPS approval and introduce a new aircraft type is the procedure the same or less intensive?

KMCOFlyer

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:20 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
From what I have heard the MAX8 is already approved for ETOPS flying by Boeing and the FAA.
The FAA is only require to have WN do Proving flights showing it's capable of operating ETOPS flights.
Yes it's a newer version more complex 737 it's still just a 737 WN been flying for 46 yrs.
Now a completely new NON 737 aircraft type would be required for proving flights.

AA and HA had to achieve these with the A321 when they introduced them to the market.

WN decision to use majority of the Hawaii flights with the 800NG ETOPS was a matter of schedule being built up quickly.

Flyguy

Is the announcement of the schedule release still likely tomorrow at the employee rally?

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:16 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Is the announcement of the schedule release still likely tomorrow at the employee rally?

I've heard this from several different people around the WN network.
Tickets Rumored tobe going on sale 11am Hawaii time.
3PM Herb.

High hopes and Tic Tacs it's finally here for WN.

Flyguy

Silver1SWA

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

With Hawaii rumors there’s only one appropriate response...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ajlombardi2

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 pm

T- ~1 hr?

WN732

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:05 pm

ajlombardi2 wrote:
T- ~1 hr?

Yeah hopefully something today.

However, something that I did not notice mentioned here was what they will offer as far as inflight snacks.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.co ... i-flights/

KMCOFlyer

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:07 pm

https://www.kitv.com/story/40021894/isl ... ithin-days

This doesn’t sound so good for an announcement today (this article was written today) and it sounds like WN still hasen’t received the final green light though it should in the coming days.

SANFan

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Well, I've wasted about enough of my time following this thread! Those of you continuing this Fantasy Islands journey, bon voyage and I do hope de plane will show up there eventually.

I'm sure the A,net rumor mills -- and you know who you are -- will continue churning out nonsense and, well, the odds dictate that one of them will actually come true some day...

I personally will wait patiently for the thread declaring "WN Announces Schedules to Hawaii!" to finally show up!

bb

ajlombardi2

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm

"Southwest Airlines has received verbal approval from the FAA to begin Hawaii flights, with formal approval expected in the coming days, CEO Gary Kelly told employees at a rally in Dallas Monday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 983585002/

Silver1SWA

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:49 pm

ajlombardi2 wrote:
"Southwest Airlines has received verbal approval from the FAA to begin Hawaii flights, with formal approval expected in the coming days, CEO Gary Kelly told employees at a rally in Dallas Monday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 983585002/

I must have missed that part of the livestream. Unless it was mentioned in the Q&A?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos