mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrive ... fd77ea105c

Hi Fly Brings Forward A330neo Delivery, Confirms 10 Plane Order

Quote: Hi Fly will take delivery of the first of two leased Airbus A330-900neos in the coming days as it finalizes plans to order ten of the aircraft direct from Airbus.

It looks like a good start fore the A330neo to the year 2019.
 
JamesCousins
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Even by retiring a couple of older frames, HiFly are going to have a very sizeable fleet before long. Intrigued to see the airlines these all end up at...
Q400, A320-200, A321-200, 737-500, 737-800, 747-400, 757-200, 787-9 // FCA, TOM, MON, MT, BA, VS, DL, BE
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:07 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrivers/2019/02/08/hi-fly-brings-forward-a330neo-lease-confirms-10-plane-order/#30fd77ea105c

Hi Fly Brings Forward A330neo Delivery, Confirms 10 Plane Order

Quote: Hi Fly will take delivery of the first of two leased Airbus A330-900neos in the coming days as it finalizes plans to order ten of the aircraft direct from Airbus.

It looks like a good start fore the A330neo to the year 2019.


Are the taking the “ex” WOW air birds?
 
fcogafa
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Deliveries will average 2 a year according to the article
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9276
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:18 pm

It’s not exactly clear if they are are talking 2+10 or 2+8 for a total of ten. The CEO’s comments make it sound like the latter.

Edit: never mind next sentence said first 2 will be returned by completetion of order.

Getting a new jet by the end of the month is quick. WOW’s were Avolon/CIT, and this is ALC. Did someone else pull out or are they having this much trouble placing A330neos?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17505
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Polot wrote:
It’s not exactly clear if they are are talking 2+10 or 2+8 for a total of ten. The CEO’s comments make it sound like the latter.

Edit: never mind next sentence said first 2 will be returned by completetion of order.

Getting a new jet by the end of the month is quick. WOW’s were Avolon/CIT, and this is ALC. Did someone else pull out or are they having this much trouble placing A330neos?

Placing a jet that quickly has red flags all over the place. HiFly's business model doesn't support paying a premium for a long term asset. Unfortunately, it points to trouble placing where HiFly saw an opportunity. I cannot say if someone else backed out and paid penalties.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
bigjku
Posts: 1906
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Polot wrote:
It’s not exactly clear if they are are talking 2+10 or 2+8 for a total of ten. The CEO’s comments make it sound like the latter.

Edit: never mind next sentence said first 2 will be returned by completetion of order.

Getting a new jet by the end of the month is quick. WOW’s were Avolon/CIT, and this is ALC. Did someone else pull out or are they having this much trouble placing A330neos?

Placing a jet that quickly has red flags all over the place. HiFly's business model doesn't support paying a premium for a long term asset. Unfortunately, it points to trouble placing where HiFly saw an opportunity. I cannot say if someone else backed out and paid penalties.

Lightsaber


It’s very interesting. I would love to see a firing order of what is being built and for whom on this line. A couple months ago we had rumors that the leasing companies didn’t want to take their orders right away. If they are placing with HiFly that doesn’t on the surface look good.
 
mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Forbes: HiFly 2 + 10 A330neo

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Only e first two will be acquired through a leasing company, the next ten wil be ordered directly from Airbus, The value added for he first two frames will be HiFly operating them for the end customer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos