Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LaunchDetected
Topic Author

Air Vanuatu orders 4 A220

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:31 am

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... 20s-report

"the jets will be based out of Vanuatu and used to serve destinations in Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific region"

"first of which is to deliver by June 2020"

Looks like a convenient aircraft for the south-pacific market.
Caravelle lover

vhqpa

Re: Air Vanuatu orders 4 A220

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am

Interesting quite ambitious going from a single 737-800 to four A220-300s. I hope it works out for them.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

aerorobnz

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am

great news. I hope the A220 gets many more orders from this part of the world. I look forward to flying one soon.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Motorhussy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am

This is great news for the airline and country and will give them much greater flexibility than the 737-800 while allowing them to grow considerably, and I hope sustainably.
come visit the south pacific

LaunchDetected
Topic Author

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

The local Vanuatu Daily Post gives some additional details:
http://dailypost.vu/news/vt-m-deposit-f ... 56b1e.html

"The passenger capacity of each aircraft is 133 seats, according to the National Airline Chief Executive Officer, Derek Nice"

133 seats is the single-class configuration of the A220-100, or maybe it will be 2-class A220-300?

Currently, their sole 737-800 (leased) is configured with 8 Business and 162 Economy.
Caravelle lover

BlatantEcho

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:45 pm

I've flown them once, it's strange to just see them with one plane... back and forth, same plane turning and burning to every international destination.

A220 makes sense here. Little smaller, save fuel. Seems smart.

Virgin/Qantas and others all have service to Vanuatu, so, I imagine they see their lunch being eaten, and want to expand.
4 doesn't seem crazy to me, it's a pretty popular destination for those in Oceania.

qf002

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:58 pm

BlatantEcho wrote:
Virgin/Qantas and others all have service to Vanuatu, so, I imagine they see their lunch being eaten, and want to expand.

QF/JQ do not fly to Vanuatu at all and VA only has a limited service from BNE.

DTWorld

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:09 pm

Excellent news. Now please don't change the livery.

devron

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Cool, I guess these will also fly to Nadi. Can they fly some domestic routes e.g. Tanna (I guess no) or Espiritu Santo (I guess yes).

I looking forward to my May flight to Ambrym with them.

debonair

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:30 pm

vhqpa wrote:
Interesting quite ambitious going from a single 737-800 to four A220-300s. I hope it works out for them.

NF is also operating ATR's - their "vision 2030" calls for 13 units of difference size/range.

FlyHappy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:44 pm

LaunchDetected wrote:

I'll admit I'm a little annoyed at the Vanuatu Daily Post for this article.

"The four Airbus aircrafts will be manufactured in France and Europe with parts that will be manufactured in Ireland and Canada."

Really? I mean, I realize this isn't a major journalism operation, nor specialized in aviation at all, but it seems clear that the purpose of the article is to disseminate information about the use of public funds in a positive light. Which is great, and very necessary for a small island nation; but I would think they could accurately report that the aircraft will be manufactured in Canada, and not in "France and Europe".

I'm a bit more concerned about the spin on future maintenance:

"CEO Nice has confirmed that all maintenance work will be done here in Vanuatu."

Its great that there's a goal of establishing a training program to support this fleet, and keep wealth in-country, but either the CEO is telling a bald faced lie, or I hope, the Post is grievously misquoting him. Fingers crossed that A220 maintenance costs will remain low as projected, because thus far, it doesn't seem like there'll be any other A220 operators nearby.

Enough negativity. Congrats to Vanuatu for bringing the newest and best jet aircraft on market; may it grow your network and your tourism. I'd like to visit!

ewt340

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Smart move. they probably going with A220-300. Since they offer business class seats on their B737-800. It's only logical that they offer it on A220 as well. So unless they plan to eliminate all business class offering, they would need A220-300's capacity to fit 133 seats in 2 class configs.

They would probably do 38" pitch on business class with 8 seats. And 31" pitch on economy class with 125 seats. 2 Lavatory on the rear parts of the cabin just after the rear doors.

BlatantEcho

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm

qf002 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

^^^
Qantas code shares with Air Vanuatu... :roll:
Flights are bookable on Qantas.com

Virgin Australia certainly serves Port Vila. Not only have I flown it, it's bookable today on any OTA...

My suggestion is, that Air Vanuatu wants to fly those routes themselves instead of relying on code-share, competitors to do so.
They could fly to Noumea (instead of AirCalin)
or even Port morsesby. And they could certainly beef up SYD/BNE service, and they are finally adding MEL (June 2019), so they will want more planes for all that.

Melbourne

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:30 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
qf002 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

^^^

Virgin Australia certainly serves Port Vila. Not only have I flown it, it's bookable today on any OTA...

My suggestion is, that Air Vanuatu wants to fly those routes themselves instead of relying on code-share, competitors to do so.
They could fly to Noumea (instead of AirCalin)
or even Port morsesby. And they could certainly beef up SYD/BNE service, and they are finally adding MEL (June 2019), so they will want more planes for all that.

The 737-800 is too much of an aircraft for Air Vanuatu to serve additional cities and their route to "new MEL has been served on and off for 20 years now. Hopefully with more efficient aircraft such as the A220 they can make their new services viable.

PlanesNTrains

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:49 am

Two of my son's three flights on their 738 were full, but one was pretty empty. The A220 will give them good flexibility.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

DTWorld

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 am

:drool: :drool: :drool:

smi0006

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:09 am

Motorhussy wrote:
This is great news for the airline and country and will give them much greater flexibility than the 737-800 while allowing them to grow considerably, and I hope sustainably.

Can they reach MEL with them?

Hopefully adds flexibility. I believe QF and ‘Z cancelled their services as the runway was damaged and not repaired to satisfactory state. Hope this has now been repaired but would be suprised if VA flew there and it was unsafe.

smi0006

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 am

DTWorld wrote:

Agreed! Such an ugly livery!! Cheap and tacky.

zkncj

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 am

smi0006 wrote:
Hopefully adds flexibility. I believe QF and NZ cancelled their services as the runway was damaged and not repaired to satisfactory state. Hope this has now been repaired but would be suprised if VA flew there and it was unsafe.

NZ used to operate its own services a couple times a week, along with the codeshare on NF.

NZ still hasn't returned or restarted the codeshare agreement - claiming the work done was only shorterm

jupiter2

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:48 am

QF has never served Vanuatu with their own aircraft, they code share on the NF flights. NF serve SYD daily at the moment, so anything less than 10 weekly with C series would be a down grade in capacity.

I went to Vanuatu in January from SYD, flights were full both ways and the service was good. The 738 is in pretty good condition in the cabin, though if you look hard enough you will find some areas of wear. NF is down to one ATR at the moment, they damaged one in an emergency landing in VLI last year after an engine was shut down. It took out a couple of the local BN2 Islanders that were parked up and the ATR itself is all sealed up and I don't think is mentioned in their fleet list anymore.

If you get the chance to go to Vanuatu do it, it's a great place, though I would advise to stay outside of Port Vila itself, not a lot happening there unless there is a cruise ship in town.

zkncj

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:06 am

jupiter2 wrote:
QF has never served Vanuatu with their own aircraft, they code share on the NF flights. NF serve SYD daily at the moment, so anything less than 10 weekly with C series would be a down grade in capacity.

Its does allow NF to venture more out of AKL/SYD which is currently what they are really limited to serving well.

The A320 would enable them to be able to operate more direct routes rather than just focusing on AKL/SYD but venture out in to the likes of WLG,CHC,BNE,MEL etc

jupiter2

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:04 am

zkncj wrote:
jupiter2 wrote:

Its does allow NF to venture more out of AKL/SYD which is currently what they are really limited to serving well.

The A320 would enable them to be able to operate more direct routes rather than just focusing on AKL/SYD but venture out in to the likes of WLG,CHC,BNE,MEL etc

They do serve BNE and are going to restart MEL (again). We were told that besides the cruise ships, the main point of origin for tourists was SYD, with a fair distance to BNE and AKL as the next most popular points of origin. With MEL restarting, obviously it should lead to an increase from MEL, if nothing else, purely for ease of getting there. I think you will see more of a ramping up of services to existing points, hopefully with more user friendly timings, than a big increase in destinations.

Lufthansa

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:10 am

FlyHappy wrote:

"The four Airbus aircrafts will be manufactured in France and Europe with parts that will be manufactured in Ireland and Canada."

Really? I mean, I realize this isn't a major journalism operation, nor specialized in aviation at all, but it seems clear that the purpose of the article is to disseminate information about the use of public funds in a positive light. Which is great, and very necessary for a small island nation; but I would think they could accurately report that the aircraft will be manufactured in Canada, and not in "France and Europe".

I'm a bit more concerned about the spin on future maintenance:

"CEO Nice has confirmed that all maintenance work will be done here in Vanuatu."

Its great that there's a goal of establishing a training program to support this fleet, and keep wealth in-country, but either the CEO is telling a bald faced lie, or I hope, the Post is grievously misquoting him. Fingers crossed that A220 maintenance costs will remain low as projected, because thus far, it doesn't seem like there'll be any other A220 operators nearby.

Enough negativity. Congrats to Vanuatu for bringing the newest and best jet aircraft on market; may it grow your network and your tourism. I'd like to visit!

You obviously haven't had to deal with them. They're on Island time. A friend of mine had his Villa broken into and he needed a police report for insurance. He was told to meet the police Chief at a certain time. She turned up, out of uniform in a floral dress, 3 hrs late, munching on something with an even bigger bag of food in her hand. They're a friendly lot but if you're expecting them to run like the Japanese right down to the last detail, you'll be a long time waiting. It's just not in the culture, it's laid back.
That being said, this is a good idea because a lot of these small pacific Islands end up having to Charter QF jets to cover there services when something goes wrong.

LaunchDetected
Topic Author

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 am

DTWorld wrote:

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-r ... nsion.html

As shown in the renders, both variants will be included in the order: 2x A220-100 and 2x A220-300.

"These aircraft will be deployed to operate on our current domestic and international routes, including our newly announced non-stop Melbourne-Vanuatu service, and will bolster plans to expand our network in the South Pacific"

Good flexibility
Caravelle lover

RyanairGuru

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:41 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
qf002 wrote:
BlatantEcho wrote:

^^^

Why the eye roll? What qf002 posted is 100% correct. Qantas (nor Jetstar) fly to VLI, and VA fly BNE-VLI 3x week which could reasonably fit within the definition of a 'limited schedule'.

Yes QF codeshare with NF, but what you have written makes it sound like NF are reliant on codesharing with other airlines instead of flying their own metal whereas if anything QF are 'relying' on NF to access the Vanuatu market. That is good for NF as it provides them with additional passengers.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

gpasternak

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Air Vanuatu also using an additional 733 at times flown by Nauru Airlines? If that is true, maybe at least one of these A220's will replace the additional 733 seats.
Next flights: MKY-BNE-CNS-TSV-MKY

qf002

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:09 am

BlatantEcho wrote:

Yes, I’m aware. I’m confused how QF is supposedly "eating NF’s lunch" as you claimed when they are putting passengers on NF services and when their codeshare support is probably a major reason that NF can look toward growth in Australia.

And VA’s 3wk from BNE is hardly significant. From memory they’ve been ticking along at 3wk for a decade with no sign of growth so hardly a competitive threat.

NF is expanding because the government of Vanuatu has seen the growth that Fiji has achieved in the last 5 years and wants more of the action. Not to fend off competition.

FlyHappy

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 am

Lufthansa wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:

You obviously haven't had to deal with them. They're on Island time. A friend of mine had his Villa broken into and he needed a police report for insurance. He was told to meet the police Chief at a certain time. She turned up, out of uniform in a floral dress, 3 hrs late, munching on something with an even bigger bag of food in her hand. They're a friendly lot but if you're expecting them to run like the Japanese right down to the last detail, you'll be a long time waiting. It's just not in the culture, it's laid back.
That being said, this is a good idea because a lot of these small pacific Islands end up having to Charter QF jets to cover there services when something goes wrong.

seriously, I have no idea what the relevance of your anecdote is.
I was raised in SE Asia, and am quite familiar with "island time" in all its global incarnations.

are you telling me that I should not expect better journalism from the VDP, or are you agreeing that local maintenance (as quoted) on the A220's isn't realistic or .... what?

sibibom

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:37 am

smi0006 wrote:
DTWorld wrote:

Agreed! Such an ugly livery!! Cheap and tacky.

It may not be the prettiest but it literally tells me what the island is all about, green hilly terrain, beautiful beaches, and a vast blue ocean. And its better than current Vanuatu written on a bare white plane.

ps: Not to mention the wider seats of the A220 will be a blessing in the Pacific which has the highest obesity rates in the world.

Amiga500

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 am

FlyHappy wrote:
are you telling me that I should not expect better journalism from the VDP, or are you agreeing that local maintenance (as quoted) on the A220's isn't realistic or .... what?

... or that you care too much about a few irrelevant details that probably no-one else on the planet gives 2D about?

Motorhussy

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:58 am

Vanuatu’s airport at Port Vila is having major renovations done at the moment which are due for completion in late June. They are hoping to have all major airlines back before too long including Air NZ which has indicated that in the immediate term they don’t have the available aircraft to recommence the route.

Air Vanuatu and Air Calin have signed a joint maintenance agreement so maybe there is another A220 order coming.
come visit the south pacific

StudiodeKadent

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:53 am

LaunchDetected wrote:

"The passenger capacity of each aircraft is 133 seats, according to the National Airline Chief Executive Officer, Derek Nice"

133 seats is the single-class configuration of the A220-100, or maybe it will be 2-class A220-300?

Currently, their sole 737-800 (leased) is configured with 8 Business and 162 Economy.

The single class configuration of the A221 has 133 seats only at >30" pitch.

I'm sure the 133 seats applies to the A220-300... coincidentally, the A220-300 can accomodate 8 Business (2-2 config, two rows) at 38", and behind that 25 full rows of economy seating at 32" pitch minimum, giving us 133 seats exactly (this presumes only one toilet for economy, though).

That would be a very competitive product (better width and pitch in Economy than either Qantas or Virgin Australia, or either Tigerair or Jetstar). And if I'm right about the LOPA for the A220-300, then the A220-100 can be stocked with an identical product at 108 seats (8 Business, all the rest Economy at 32"+ pitch).

And with the range these jets have, in theory the A220-300 could reach Perth or perhaps Honolulu (although either of those would push the aircraft pretty close to the limit).

LaunchDetected
Topic Author

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:09 pm

StudiodeKadent wrote:
LaunchDetected wrote:

The single class configuration of the A221 has 133 seats only at >30" pitch.

I'm sure the 133 seats applies to the A220-300... coincidentally, the A220-300 can accomodate 8 Business (2-2 config, two rows) at 38", and behind that 25 full rows of economy seating at 32" pitch minimum, giving us 133 seats exactly (this presumes only one toilet for economy, though).

That would be a very competitive product (better width and pitch in Economy than either Qantas or Virgin Australia, or either Tigerair or Jetstar). And if I'm right about the LOPA for the A220-300, then the A220-100 can be stocked with an identical product at 108 seats (8 Business, all the rest Economy at 32"+ pitch).

And with the range these jets have, in theory the A220-300 could reach Perth or perhaps Honolulu (although either of those would push the aircraft pretty close to the limit).

See the post above, the order include 2x A220-100 and 2x A220-300. It was more a shortcut by the journalist than an official seatmap.
Caravelle lover

GRIVely

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm

Didn’t the Vanuatu cabinet hold a meeting years ago underwater in scuba gear to highlight the threat of rising oceans overtopping the islands. They demanded that the UN provide funding to evacuate the threatened islands. That why I was surprised that they were spending millions to upgrade the airport.

Any chance that an A220 can be certified as a float version?

VirginFlyer

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:07 pm

GRIVely wrote:
Didn’t the Vanuatu cabinet hold a meeting years ago underwater in scuba gear to highlight the threat of rising oceans overtopping the islands. They demanded that the UN provide funding to evacuate the threatened islands. That why I was surprised that they were spending millions to upgrade the airport.

Any chance that an A220 can be certified as a float version?

That was the Maldives. Different country, different geography. Vanuatu’s islands are all volcanic with reasonable elevations, the Maldives on the other hand are all atolls with very little elevation. Port Vila’s airport sits at 68ft AMSL. The biggest threat to Vanuatu from a warming climate is not rising sea level but greater intensity and frequency of tropical cyclones. So no need for floats, just good weather radar.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

wrongwayup

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Going to a smaller-gauge A220 with all the range, short field performance, and ETOPS capability that it brings, but without the trip costs of a 737-800, could very well prove to be a great move for Air Vanuatu. Hope they can fill the extra capacity - certainly the region could benefit from better connectivity.

I've long though the A220 is ideal for the South Pacific, and still think it's an ideal machine for Air New Zealand, Air Fiji, and Air Tahiti Nui. Hopefully Air Vanuatu has started a trend here.

anxo75

Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Interesting that such a small airline can afford to buy a really expensive aircraft...

wrongwayup

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:01 pm

anxo75 wrote:
Interesting that such a small airline can afford to buy a really expensive aircraft...

Having the government guarantee or otherwise stand behind your checks helps a lot. Happens all over the world.

UKtoOzFlyer

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:11 am

I think this is great news from the Pacific Nation.

Have flown NF on their previous 737-800 (YJ-AV1) on 3 return trips SYD to VLI, and once on their newer 738 (YJ-AV8) on one return trip SYD to VLI.

Actually, one of my trips was actually SYD-MEL-VLI when they were doing services from MEL. As I recall, one flight was cancelled that week as a result of a cyclone, hence the routing.

QF / JQ don't fly to VLI with QF codesharing on the NF operated flights.

NF have used an Air Callin 737 when their single frame was tech and I remember seeing a QF 737 borrowed a few years back heading to VLI on an NF flight code. ... one assumes their frame was tech.

When they retired their last 737 they borrowed a frame from Transavia.

Will be interesting to see what they do with 4 frames. I guess they needed at least an extra frame with going back to Melbourne. Will keep an eye on where else they go too. Good luck to them! Lovely little airline.

Maliyanwalto

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:06 am

Hello,
I too have always thought that if the CSeries lived up to its promise, it could become the Pacific island workhorse.
Now in its A220 (proven) form, I think AirVan is just the first of many Pacific carriers that could use the type successfully.
In addition to wrongwayup’s list, I reckon that Qantas and Air Niugini couldnoperate the type successfully, as well as Hawaiian eventually and possibly even the Virgin Group if they maintain interest in the Pacific.
Now, if only Airbus opened a production line in Asia, say in Malaysia....
Keep smilin’
Maliyanwalto

LaunchDetected
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:25 pm

Maliyanwalto wrote:
Hello,
I too have always thought that if the CSeries lived up to its promise, it could become the Pacific island workhorse.
Now in its A220 (proven) form, I think AirVan is just the first of many Pacific carriers that could use the type successfully.
In addition to wrongwayup’s list, I reckon that Qantas and Air Niugini couldnoperate the type successfully, as well as Hawaiian eventually and possibly even the Virgin Group if they maintain interest in the Pacific.
Keep smilin’
Maliyanwalto

Hi,

There is already a lot of job to do in Mobile and Montreal before thinking of a new assembly line. Also, i don't think that the "Made in Asia" will have a strong impact on sales (and there is already a FAL in Tianjin).

Speaking of Qantas, does anyone knows when Qantas Link will replace its 20 B717 and 17 Fokker 100? This market sounds perfect for the A200-100. -300 is too much of a plane i guess.
Caravelle lover

wrongwayup

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Maliyanwalto wrote:
Hello,
Keep smilin’
Maliyanwalto

Qantas/QantasLink too, absolutely agree. Loads of destinations that could benefit from direct, higher frequency service that may not quite have the traffic volumes for -800s. PER, BNE, DRW, CNS, CBR, ADL, WLG, ZQN... basically anything that isn't SYD, MEL, and AKL. From memory the A220 can do AKL-PER so the capability fits well.

Air Niugini, perhaps - but the tides tend to shift in POM quite often so it's hard to predict what they'll do!

zkncj

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm

wrongwayup wrote:
Going to a smaller-gauge A220 with all the range, short field performance, and ETOPS capability that it brings, but without the trip costs of a 737-800, could very well prove to be a great move for Air Vanuatu. Hope they can fill the extra capacity - certainly the region could benefit from better connectivity.

I've long though the A220 is ideal for the South Pacific, and still think it's an ideal machine for Air New Zealand, Air Fiji, and Air Tahiti Nui. Hopefully Air Vanuatu has started a trend here.

NZ is currently up-sizing their short-haul jet fleet replacing A320CEO's with A321NEO's, they purchased a couple of A320NEOs mainly because ZQN cannot handle an A321NEO. If NZ was to go with the A220 it would be likely to replace the 72-600s which would get used to replace the Q300s etc.

NZ is increasing its use of 777/787s on short-haul Pacific Island routes going for for the high capacity at once model, RAR and NAN both regularly get 777s and 787s now.

wrongwayup

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:03 pm

zkncj wrote:
NZ is currently up-sizing their short-haul jet fleet replacing A320CEO's with A321NEO's, they purchased a couple of A320NEOs mainly because ZQN cannot handle an A321NEO. If NZ was to go with the A220 it would be likely to replace the 72-600s which would get used to replace the Q300s etc.

NZ is increasing its use of 777/787s on short-haul Pacific Island routes going for for the high capacity at once model, RAR and NAN both regularly get 777s and 787s now.

I don't think you'll see an A220 replace an ATR72, at least not 1:1. If they go A220 it will be to fill in the smaller medium haul (up to 2500-3000nm or so) markets that the A321s will be too large for. Maybe there will be some domestic work on the AKL/CHC/WLG triangle where 100+ seats are needed but if they went A220 you can bet it would be for flying overseas.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos