Runway28L
Topic Author

AA retaliates against NK, ups frequencies on CLT-BWI/FLL/MCO/EWR, plans more growth

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Well that didn't take long...

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/n ... -more.html

"American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ: AAL) also said Wednesday morning that beginning June 6, it will grow its daily, nonstop flight offerings at CLT to destinations like Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (two additional flights), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Florida (two additional flights), Orlando International Airport in Florida (one additional flight) and Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey (two additional flights).

Those are the same cities to be served by a new-to-CLT airline that will make its Charlotte debut this summer. Low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines announced plans earlier this month to launch flights to Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Newark beginning June 20.

American Airlines said it will also add flights to its existing daily service at CLT to Chicago O'Hare International Airport (one more flight), Los Angeles International Airport (two) and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (one)."

The article also states that AA expects to grow CLT to over 700 total daily flights by the end of 2019 thanks in part to frequency additions, new international routes, Concourse B's lounge reopening after renovations, and AA acquiring several gates in Concourse A.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

flymco753

Re: AA retaliates against NK, ups frequencies on CLT-BWI/FLL/MCO/EWR, plans more growth

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Eureka, NK might have a chance at doing CLT-DTW.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

cporcelli78

Re: AA retaliates against NK, ups frequencies on CLT-BWI/FLL/MCO/EWR, plans more growth

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:53 pm

we need CLT-ISP!!!!!!!!

TerminalD

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:56 pm

That's extremely aggressive. CLT is one of the least competitive markets in the country. This type of behavior is really shameful. Good luck to Spirit.

tphuang

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm

We need more NK action in legacy fortress hubs. This is exactly how the fare is going to come down domestically.

Miamiairport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm

CLT/FLL is a bit of a surprise. AA has basically took away from FLL in favor of MIA. There hasn't been a permanent flight from NYC to FLL since the middle of the previous decade.

USAirALB

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:04 pm

To be honest, I honestly don't even get why AA is retaliating against NK anyways. F9 has been doing CLT-TPA/MCO/PHL/DEN for a while now and AA hasn't really retaliated against them. I don't see why NK is any different. I hate to be blunt but NK and AA have different target markets, especially in CLT. There are going to be those that are loyal to AA to the end, and will continue to fly AA. CLT is a little over a 7 hour drive from MCO, so I am willing to bet that the majority of NK pax are likely those that would have likely driven instead.

I seem to recall that US had a similar predatory response when B6 launched CLT-FLL. US added flights and matched fares, and B6 was gone from CLT-FLL rather quickly.

8 daily flights on CLT-LAX is crazy. I get that it is a hub to hub route but still. I'm guessing the increases on CLT-LAX/ORD are to keep NK off those routes?

Also equally confusing is to where these extra flights are going to go. IIRC AA made it clear that they weren't able to expand at CLT until they gained new gates in A.

Here is an official AA PR: http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

9w748capt

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Wow - this just comes across as so petty by AA. Going head to head with NK is going to trash their yields even more which will lead to even more cuts and densification of their domestic fleet, and the worse they make their product (and continue to devalue AAdvantage), the less motivation there is for the leisure flyer to fly AA. AA's domestic product is now largely an utter joke, save for the E75s. I hope this strategy utterly fails and leads to Dougie's ouster at some point. That's the only hope left for AA.

Rookie87

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

USAirALB wrote:
To be honest, I honestly don't even get why AA is retaliating against NK anyways. F9 has been doing CLT-TPA/MCO/PHL/DEN for a while now and AA hasn't really retaliated against them. I don't see why NK is any different. I hate to be blunt but NK and AA have different target markets, especially in CLT. There are going to be those that are loyal to AA to the end, and will continue to fly AA. CLT is a little over a 7 hour drive from MCO, so I am willing to bet that the majority of NK pax are likely those that would have likely driven instead.

I seem to recall that US had a similar predatory response when B6 launched CLT-FLL. US added flights and matched fares, and B6 was gone from CLT-FLL rather quickly.

8 daily flights on CLT-LAX is crazy. I get that it is a hub to hub route but still. I'm guessing the increases on CLT-LAX/ORD are to keep NK off those routes?

Also equally confusing is to where these extra flights are going to go. IIRC AA made it clear that they weren't able to expand at CLT until they gained new gates in A.

Here is an official AA PR: http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

My guess is that AA has finally decided not to sit back and let a competitor eat any potential market share. It’s nice to see AA defending its hub. Next thing you know, they’d be cutting flights because NK took over routes lol

nc3rd

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Good for them for fighting back against NK. You have to defend home court.
The views written above are mine and mine alone and do not represent any official information from any airline or company

RDUDDJI

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:19 pm

I suppose the real winners are the CLT AA hub captives. I suspect they'll enjoy significantly lower fares on these routes now with NK. It will be interesting to see who blinks first...
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

RDUDDJI

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm

USAirALB wrote:

The easy way is to not schedule the flights at peak times. There's only a few hours a day where gate constraints are an issue. Alternatively, you could reduce frequencies somewhere else, but those rarely get press releases. :)
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

jeffh747

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 pm

9w748capt wrote:
Wow - this just comes across as so petty by AA. Going head to head with NK is going to trash their yields even more which will lead to even more cuts and densification of their domestic fleet, and the worse they make their product (and continue to devalue AAdvantage), the less motivation there is for the leisure flyer to fly AA. AA's domestic product is now largely an utter joke, save for the E75s. I hope this strategy utterly fails and leads to Dougie's ouster at some point. That's the only hope left for AA.

I have to agree. It’s remarkable how Spirit’s presence has affected AA over the past decade. They went from having a very comfortable product on the 737-800s with a great FF program, to just being an expensive version Spirit. I’m glad to see NK continue to expand and allow more people to travel who previously couldn’t have afforded it.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

Detroit313

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

So, DFW almost 900 departures and CLT 700 departures soon. Both massive.

Midwestindy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:33 pm

nc3rd wrote:

^^^^This

I have no idea why you people act surprised when AA has a history of retaliating like this.

AA will undercut NK on prices, and ultimately there will be no reason for travelers to take NK, when AA offers a better schedule and cheaper fares

AA is a business, why would they allow any sort of competition to affect their CLT fortress
Delta Diamond Medallion and AAdvantage Gold for 2019

MIflyer12

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Look at seat counts more than departures at CLT -- avg gauge is fairly low.

Legacies have been playing squeeze the newcomer for decades. Nobody can complain if Spirit gets pushed off of routes and fares go back up.

FA9295

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

See, I don't really understand this. Is NK really much of a threat to AA at CLT? You've got an airline coming in with a very small operation flying to a limited amount of markets versus a well-established airline with a mega hub operation there. Why does AA feel like they need to do this?

mia

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

jeffh747 wrote:
I have to agree. It’s remarkable how Spirit’s presence has affected AA over the past decade. They went from having a very comfortable product on the 737-800s with a great FF program, to just being an expensive version Spirit. I’m glad to see NK continue to expand and allow more people to travel who previously couldn’t have afforded it.

What American Airlines are you talking about? I certainly cant remember the last time I received a comfortable product from AA, so much so I refuse to fly them unless I have no other choice.

IMHO AA messed up when they allowed NK to succeed in its early years by developing its foothold in South Florida. The cat is out of the bag, so not they are playing a short term game against NK 's long term strategy. The same analysis applies to Southwest. I have 0 sympathy for AA but, what do we know on this forum? Maybe there is a coherent long term strategy from the top. :lol:
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

TTailedTiger

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
nc3rd wrote:

^^^^This

I have no idea why you people act surprised when AA has a history of retaliating like this.

AA will undercut NK on prices, and ultimately there will be no reason for travelers to take NK, when AA offers a better schedule and cheaper fares

AA is a business, why would they allow any sort of competition to affect their CLT fortress

Then Spirit will just leave. Why do you want a high fare captive market at CLT? That isn't healthy either.

RamblinMan

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AA will undercut NK on prices, and ultimately there will be no reason for travelers to take NK,

Other than NK's superior product, you mean? :stirthepot:

Midwestindy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
nc3rd wrote:

^^^^This

Then Spirit will just leave. Why do you want a high fare captive market at CLT? That isn't healthy either.

No consumer wants that, but the airline business isn't a welfare project, AA is in this to make money and not to offer low costs to consumers.

If you were in AA's shoes, you would do the same to defend your territory
Last edited by Midwestindy on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DiamondFlyer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:48 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
nc3rd wrote:

^^^^This

Isn’t healthy for who? Passengers, sure high fare is bad. AA certainly can’t complain about a high fare market
From my cold, dead hands

Pi7472000

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

American has a substandard product and service! It is great to see competitors realize people want a choice in AA hubs! Now if only Delta would open up a focus city in CLT as well to provide a true premium product for travelers. AA really needs to put customer service first again. They were a nice airline in the 1990s.

EvanWSFO

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

This from someone who goes out of my way to avoid AA.. However, airlines have been doing this since deregulation. There's nothing shameful or diabolical about what AA is doing.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

RL757PVD

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:50 pm

United just did this with PWM/BTV-DEN to drive out F9, they all do it. This is still less of a competitive crime than allowing WN to buy FL
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

TTailedTiger

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

^^^^This

No consumer wants that, but the airline business isn't a welfare project, AA is in this to make money and not to offer low costs to consumers.

If AA was in this to make money then they wouldn't slash their prices and dump capacity when Spirit comes to town.

nikeherc

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:00 pm

This kind of tit-for-tat has been going on forever. It goes back to People Express, Laker, Fly I, Air South and on and on. Legacies don't let LCCs come in and eat their lunch. The standard response is to increase service, add new destinations and slash fares. The flying public being the sheep that they are think "Hmm, I can get the same fare on Delta that I would pay People Express. I know Delta, so I'll take them." Of course the strategy works and the LCC is forced out. When the LCC leaves, fares go back up, destinations are deleted and capacity goes back down to increase yields. Of course the LCC goes out of business, the legacy struggles to make up for the period when their yields were trashed and demand is suppressed again.
DC6 to 777 and most things in between

jplatts

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:06 pm

USAirALB wrote:

One big difference is that BWI, FLL, and EWR are located in the same markets as AA's DCA, MIA, LGA, and JFK hubs whereas AA doesn't have any hubs in the DEN, MCO, or TPA markets.

NK already operates some nonstop routes between AA hub markets such as BWI-ORD, BWI-DFW, BWI-FLL, BWI-LAX, ORD-DFW, ORD-FLL, ORD-LAX, ORD-LGA, ORD-PHX, DFW-FLL, DFW-LAX, DFW-LGA, DFW-PHL, DFW-PHX, FLL-LAX, FLL-LGA, FLL-EWR, FLL-PHL, and LAX-PHL.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:13 pm

jplatts wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

One big difference is that BWI, FLL, and EWR are located in the same markets as AA's DCA, MIA, LGA, and JFK hubs whereas AA doesn't have any hubs in the DEN, MCO, or TPA markets.

NK already operates some nonstop routes between AA hub markets such as BWI-ORD, BWI-DFW, BWI-FLL, BWI-LAX, ORD-DFW, ORD-FLL, ORD-LAX, ORD-LGA, ORD-PHX, DFW-FLL, DFW-LAX, DFW-LGA, DFW-PHL, DFW-PHX, FLL-LAX, FLL-LGA, FLL-EWR, FLL-PHL, and LAX-PHL.

NK seems more stable than F9 so AA can’t just wait and see if they pull out after a season.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

Midwestindy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:27 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

If AA was in this to make money then they wouldn't slash their prices and dump capacity when Spirit comes to town.

This is about long-term revenue, rather than short-term lost revenue

If NK does nothing now, NK will continue to grow and bring down yields for AA for years to come. If takes the short-term loss now, they won't have to worry about NK later.

UALFAson

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 pm

I understand why they're doing this, but, as someone who connects through CLT frequently, I just cannot imagine any more planes and any more people trying to use that airport. It is already an operational mess. Last week, my flight was #12 in line to take off--on a day with perfect weather. BNA-CLT, which I fly frequently, has as much ground time as flight time in the schedule because the airport is such a congested cluster.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
CLT/FLL is a bit of a surprise. AA has basically took away from FLL in favor of MIA. There hasn't been a permanent flight from NYC to FLL since the middle of the previous decade.

Agreed. AA has retreated from every market at FLL since about 2012 includingthe US merger except for DFW. Cut PAP, DCA, PHX, LAX, JFK outright, and reduced PHL, CLT and ORD to bare minimum levels considering the size of each market. On ORD-FLL it is very notable that they've let UA back into the market in a big way, a route UA had completely discontinued for about three or four years before the CO merger. NK has also increased service on that route with AA cutbacks and AA did not retaliate.

TWFlyGuy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:31 pm

CLT is a city of ~2.5 million. Name another city that small with a massive fortress hub? AA has to defend it's share each. Each and every local pax that defects to NK is problematic for AA.

enilria

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Rookie87 wrote:
My guess is that AA has finally decided not to sit back and let a competitor eat any potential market share. It’s nice to see AA defending its hub. Next thing you know, they’d be cutting flights because NK took over routes lol

I think it is very specific to CLT. DL used to be like this at MSP until FL and WN started adding enough routes that it made no sense. Of course, retaliation rarely makes any sense, so...
RDUDDJI wrote:
The easy way is to not schedule the flights at peak times. There's only a few hours a day where gate constraints are an issue. Alternatively, you could reduce frequencies somewhere else, but those rarely get press releases.

Agreed that is the likely solution and because those flights are not in a bank they will probably suck even more without good connects.
Midwestindy wrote:

Of course, driving out competition by pricing below cost and using cross-subsidization is technically illegal, but I suspect nothing will happen.
TTailedTiger wrote:

Any time you make a clear reactionary statement like this, the losses from these flights are meant to be paid back by charging even higher fares than where they were before the competitor entered after the competition is eliminated.
nikeherc wrote:
This kind of tit-for-tat has been going on forever. It goes back to People Express, Laker, Fly I, Air South and on and on.

Yes, but it has been going on less and less since the last recession. There was a period where the legacies believed it was two separate markets and left the ULCCs completely alone. That's how NK got a beachhead in DFW and IAH.

THE BOTTOM LINE: The leadership of NK just changed. This is about AA spending some money trying to tell that new team to pick on somebody else. I think putting out a news release announcing it was really over the top and inviting scrutiny.

tphuang

Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 pm

comments about AA and NK going after different clientele is entirely off base. There are plenty of people that would be willing to pay much less to fly ULCC who are now forced to fly AA out of CLT. I don't see any reason why the NK flights would not hurt AA performance on those routes. It would be crazy for AA to not defend its most profitable hub. There is a reason CLT is so much more profitable than other AA hubs.

ScottB

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Fixing this for you:

jeffh747 wrote:
It’s remarkable how US Airways management has affected AA over the past decade. They went from having a very comfortable product on the 737-800s with a great FF program, to just being a bigger US Airways.

RDUDDJI wrote:
I suppose the real winners are the CLT AA hub captives. I suspect they'll enjoy significantly lower fares on these routes now with NK.

The CLT hub captives only win if they vote with their dollars for NK. If they keep flying AA and NK doesn't get enough business, NK will leave and the fares will go back up.

RamblinMan wrote:
Other than NK's superior product, you mean?

Not sure I'd call NK's product better, but AA's domestic product really isn't good enough to justify a revenue premium over NK.

TWFlyGuy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 pm

tphuang wrote:
comments about AA and NK going after different clientele is entirely off base. There are plenty of people that would be willing to pay much less to fly ULCC who are now forced to fly AA out of CLT. I don't see any reason why the NK flights would not hurt AA performance on those routes. It would be crazy for AA to not defend its most profitable hub. There is a reason CLT is so much more profitable than other AA hubs.

To your point it's not just people but companies. Plenty of companies expect their employees to take the lowest fare option, especially on short domestic routes like many of these are.

ozark1

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 pm

nc3rd wrote:

Oh come on. It’s called competition guys. Any airline would have reacted the same way if one of their largest and most profitable hubs was involved.

Detroit313

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 pm

CLT is on track to grow from an average of 664 daily flights today to more than 700 daily flights by the end of 2019. And part of that growth begins this summer as American adds more service to popular destinations, opening additional access to American’s vast network.

“This is an exciting time for our 11,500 Charlotte-based team members and our customers,” said Dec Lee, Vice President of Charlotte Hub Operations. “We are creating a world-class customer experience, providing access to more than 160 destinations in 23 countries.”

American is adding two new daily flights from Charlotte to Baltimore (BWI), two to Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FLL), one to Orlando, Florida (MCO), and one to Newark, New Jersey (EWR), providing more service on those routes than any other airline. From CLT, American operates 80 flights per day to Florida, 30 flights per day to the New York metro area and 25 flights per day to the Washington, D.C. area. Enhanced schedules will benefit local and connecting customers alike with convenient flight times throughout the day.

American also plans to increase service from CLT to Chicago O’Hare (ORD) for a total of up to 10 daily flights; Los Angeles (LAX) for up to eight daily flights; and New York (JFK) and EWR for up to 16 daily flights.

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... e_tracking

airlineworker

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 pm

UALFAson wrote:
I understand why they're doing this, but, as someone who connects through CLT frequently, I just cannot imagine any more planes and any more people trying to use that airport. It is already an operational mess. Last week, my flight was #12 in line to take off--on a day with perfect weather. BNA-CLT, which I fly frequently, has as much ground time as flight time in the schedule because the airport is such a congested cluster.

Amen, it takes 15-20 minutes or more to reach the gates after landing. CLT ground movements are terrible.

rbavfan

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Miamiairport wrote:

Other than DL & B6?

santi319

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Haha, are people here in A-net, still saying “NK serves a different market” in 2019??

Sure. 90s Ryanair used to “serve a different market” in Europe... go look where are they now...

nc3rd

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 pm

Pi7472000 wrote:
American has a substandard product and service! It is great to see competitors realize people want a choice in AA hubs! Now if only Delta would open up a focus city in CLT as well to provide a true premium product for travelers. AA really needs to put customer service first again. They were a nice airline in the 1990s.

The delta love around here is getting pretty ridiculous. UA/DL/AA are all pretty much the same. Delta may be a little bit better today, but its not huge.
The views written above are mine and mine alone and do not represent any official information from any airline or company

Shuttle

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

santi319 wrote:
Haha, are people here in A-net, still saying “NK serves a different market” in 2019??

Sure. 90s Ryanair used to “serve a different market” in Europe... go look where are they now...

This. AA (and other legacies) have learned from what happened in Europe. BA thought the average easyJet customer was different to BA's core customer... until it was too late and now they are fighting over the same passengers.

Shuttle

SurfandSnow

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

Given AA's reaction to Y4 adding GDL-CLT, this move hardly comes as a surprise. After all, surely NK is a far greater threat to AA's CLT operation than Y4 is...
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

rbavfan

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
nc3rd wrote:

^^^^This

I won't fly 28" seats in coach, And AA has 30" now so they are no better. Bofore AA's CEO brags about their seats in coach again, he needs to work from one as an office chair for a week.

OzarkD9S

Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 pm

nc3rd wrote:

The delta love around here is getting pretty ridiculous. UA/DL/AA are all pretty much the same. Delta may be a little bit better today, but its not huge.

Hey now, I live in STL. My "go-to" airlines are DL and WN, in that order. UA is practically all Express and AA slashed STL so bad it's ORD/MIA or nothing for me on AA. CLT is so tight on connections I avoid that like the plague and I've never been through DFW as it seems like a spread out mess. DTW, ATL, MSP, SLC and even LGA are better timed for me on DL as connecting hubs...plus my DL Amex Platinum card ensures my basic loyalty. Its all a matter of preference and mine goes to DL, and WN in a pinch. CHEERS!
C'mon BA, bring your tail to STL. :airplane:

YYZORD

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:28 am

I think that AA has potential for a CLT-YVR route, you got CX and JL flying into YVR and CLT offers easy connections to Carribean, FL & SC destinations.

Fargo

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:52 am

nc3rd wrote:

DL isn't perfect by any means, but at least they are trying to be somewhat different than the cookie cutter, cut and dried approach of AA/UA. Plus, Delta's hubs put AA/UA's to shame, much better geographically located and much more efficiently laid out.

MavyWavyATR

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:05 am

Figured they'd do that after NK announced their plans for here. I think honestly at this rate, CLT should just force AA to give up a couple of gates here.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos