FlyHossD

Re: Southwest get final authorization from FAA to begin Hawaii service

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Silver1SWA wrote:
It’s newsworthy because it has been highly anticipated. Southwest customers want it. The people in Hawaii want it.

Not sure why people can’t just let them celebrate the milestone for the company.

Congratulations to WN - welcome to the party.

How long have the other U.S. carriers been flying to Hawaii? IIRC, UA recently celebrated 70 years of service (is that correct?). What about AA, DL and AS?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

flight152

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:41 pm

This Hawaii flying is a nice distraction from all the cancellations. Not even 11am eastern time and up to 97 already today.

frmrCapCadet

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:46 pm

On previous threads for WN to Hawaii it was generally agreed that Rapid Rewards (WN's FF) played a big part for this. WN assumes that most or all of the reward miles will be used. All WN flights and seats are open. They revamped their program. IIRC it used to be a free flight for every 8 paid flights. Now rewards are based on how much you spend, but still are generous by other airline standards, and are the easiest to use.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

aloha73g

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:53 pm

Silver1SWA wrote:
airportugal310 wrote:
Silver1SWA wrote:

What I’ve gotten out of the experience so far is that they are excited to see Southwest here and they have specific reasons why. Whether or not their expectations will be met, I don’t know. I hope so.

You’ve been on island one month and you’re an expert on the local market? Try 15 years here and you have no idea what you’re talking about

I never claimed to be an expert. I responded to anecdotal evidence with my own based on personal encounters with people here.

I've lived in Hawai'i my entire life (35 years currently). People are excited. Full Stop. Southwest is one of the national brands that we see lots of commercials for-- Olive Garden & Sonic, I'm looking at you. When these companies that have been taunting us with ads for many years (i.e. Target) finally show up, we are very excited.

I am very glad Southwest is here to provide a little competition for interisland flights. I don't think HA has been overcharging so I don't think the fares will drop dramatically. And, every single person I talk to HATES open seating ... though I love it and have been explaining WN's fantastic boarding system to lots of people.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

IFlyVeryLittle

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Excuse the possibly silly question (read the username), but does Southwest set up a finite number of ETOPS qualified planes for this service, yes? Would they be available for more mundane routes, too, or are they exclusively set aside for Hawaii? thanks.

tjwgrr

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 pm

departedflights wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
Coincidentally, what is Southwest's longest route flown today? The longest I can find reference to is LAS-MHT, but that appears to be history.

According to the Corporate Fact Sheet available at swamedia.com :

"The shortest daily Southwest flight is between Chicago (MDW) and Grand Rapids (GRR) (137 miles). The longest daily Southwest flight is between Newark (EWR) and Oakland (OAK) (2,555 miles)."

FYI MDW-GRR is 187 road miles thanks to 'pesky' Lake Michigan.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

Bobloblaw

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm

airliners.net has turned into a swamp of nastiness.

spinotter

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:15 pm

airportugal310 wrote:
Silver1SWA wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:

I'd guess some of that is for the same reasons you mentioned - you're wearing the shirt. We all like to be nice and if we are talking to someone who works for A, we'll usually show interest as a courtesy, if not genuinely. If, however, they work for B, then we'll show interest in B (same reasons) and perhaps dis' A just to put the cherry on top. Again, it's likely somewhere in the middle, but there will absolutely be people who are looking forward to WN arriving. Heck, I'm sure there're more than a few people who have moved to the islands that were regular WN passengers before.

What I’ve gotten out of the experience so far is that they are excited to see Southwest here and they have specific reasons why. Whether or not their expectations will be met, I don’t know. I hope so.

You’ve been on island one month and you’re an expert on the local market? Try 15 years here and you have no idea what you’re talking about

That is exactly the kind of comment that makes people wonder what a.net has become. Not one fact, not one new perspective - just self-celebration and putting others down. It is clear that you have no idea what you are talking about.

spinotter

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Bobloblaw wrote:

Exactly. How can we turn this around? Maybe paid subsciptions after all?

hawaiian717

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:21 pm

MrBretz wrote:
departedflights wrote:
"The shortest daily Southwest flight is between Chicago (MDW) and Grand Rapids (GRR) (137 miles). The longest daily Southwest flight is between Newark (EWR) and Oakland (OAK) (2,555 miles)."

OAK to HNL is "only" 2409 miles. So EWR to OAK will still be the longest.

Unless their only SAN routes are to OGG or ITO, the SAN to Hawaii flights will all be longer:

SAN-ITO 2,499 mi
SAN-OGG 2,541 mi
SAN-KOA 2,556 mi
SAN-HNL 2,614 mi
SAN-LIH 2,676 mi

Bobloblaw

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm

spinotter wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:

Exactly. How can we turn this around? Maybe paid subsciptions after all?

I think they need to go back to that. The jetblue profit sharing thread has turned nasty too. I dont know if it is teenagers who have invaded the site or airline employees have gotten nastier as their carriers have become MORE profitable.

wnflyguy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Well Hot pockets we're flying everywhere last night in a Airlines chart room about WN pending Hawaii schedule.
Best speculation I heard last night.
WN will hold a press conference on Monday in HNL.
With fare sale kicking off on Tuesday morning 00:01 Herb time.
First flights start Sunday Saint Patrick's Day March 17 both OGG and HNL 11 Daily flights with inter island day one.
Saturday April 13 KOA and LIH start service.
KOA 8 Daily flights 2 OGG,2 HNL and 1 each to OAK,SJC,SMF,SAN.
LIH 6 Daily flights 2 HNL,2 OGG, 1 OAK ,1 SAN.
Sunday June 2 ITO with 5 daily flights 3 HNL, 2 OGG.

July 1 LAX,ONT, PDX and Saturday only LGB.

November LAS,PHX,DEN with the addition of the MAX7 and MAX8 Etops planes. And Red Eyes starts for Hawaii and the rest of the WN system.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

FriscoHeavy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm

N312RC wrote:
barney captain wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Aloha, 737-700s Honolulu-Oakland, February 2000. The fact it's taken WN this long for 737NG ETOPS is an utter embarrassment.

737s having been doing ETOPS long before Aloha...and you still fail to make a valid point.

Once it was decided to launch Hawaii, it took just over a year to achieve ETOPS authorization, a perfectly normal timeframe.

Everyone keeps looking at WN's incredibly, even glacially slow ETOPS certification process (which it was, frankly) as a one-off event, or worse, completely excusing the company altogether (ahem, fanboys). The problem is that it wasn't. They dithered forever in even making a decision on Hawaii, then acted like it was some sort of never-before-accomplished mission to the moon.

They dithered forever with upgrading their res system (again, glacially slow) which cost them a codesharing opportunity with WS. Even after taking incredibly long they screwed that up and were all over the news.

They're still dithering over how to sell tickets to non-US point of sale. Not like that wasn't cracked years ago by just about every other airline on earth.

Just makes me laugh when people see WN as the savior. They are not an innovative or transformative airline in the slightest. Someone higher up said enjoy your pretzels and fruit snacks and they are exactly right. All the other US majors flying to the islands allow you to buy a sandwich, at the very least. So yes, enjoy those pretzels and fruit snacks. Enjoy watching TV on your phone for a couple hours because once your battery dies, there's nowhere to charge it. Heck, you'll lose live TV and internet in a couple hours anyway because they haven't figured out how to crack global satellite Wi-Fi yet.

They're a faux-LCC that is frankly an operational mess (horrendous mishandled bag rate, crappy D0) with a great PR department and an awesome customer complaints department that gives away the farm (ie buying goodwill). Just laughable.

It took them 16 months. Get your act together or ship out. It didn't take them 'glacial speed' to get ETOPS.

You know, slow and steady wins the race every time, in everything you do in life. You should try it.
Whatever

SANFan

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:23 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Well Hot pockets we're flying everywhere last night in a Airlines chart room about WN pending Hawaii schedule.
Flyguy

Oh swell! Here we go again. So this thread is now turning into another useless rumor mill just like the other one..... I guess I'm done with this one too.

I'll see you over on the thread that actually reports the announcement of schedules and start-dates!

bb

nine4nine

N312RC wrote:
Woah there fanboy, calm down.

My point is that they're frankly a hulking monolith that refuses to innovate. Great product for DAL-AMA, not so great for BWI-OAK.

How many other airlines have declared maintenance emergencies lately?

The consecutive decades of profitability and not one annual loss posting sure will disagree with you.

I’ll gladly take the free checked bags, smiling crew, no change fee, unassigned seat and a bag of pretzels over a soggy BOB snack box a $30 a bag fee, rude employees and 29” seat pitch.
717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 742 748 752 753 762 763 772 773 DC9 MD80/88/90 DC10 319 320 321 332 333 CS100 CRJ200 Q400 E175 E190 ERJ145 EMB120

indcwby

I wonder if we'll ever see HOU-HNL on their MAX 8. Would be a good alternative versus UA with their high density config on their 777.
A319, A320, A330, A340, B717, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, CRJ7, DC10, MD88, MD11, E145, E175
"Always remember that you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands."

FriscoHeavy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:28 pm

indcwby wrote:
I wonder if we'll ever see HOU-HNL on their MAX 8. Would be a good alternative versus UA with their high density config on their 777.

No, not enough range westbound to complete such a flight.
Whatever

SWADawg

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:31 pm

indcwby wrote:

Never. Not enough range for the MAX-8 out of HOU. DEN with the MAX-7 is the farthest East you will realistically see the MAX to Hawaii. Now, if WN orders the NMA when Boeing decides to move forward with that Aircraft, then you might see HOU-HNL among many other WN cities east of the Mississippi for that matter.
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

barney captain

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
Excuse the possibly silly question (read the username), but does Southwest set up a finite number of ETOPS qualified planes for this service, yes? Would they be available for more mundane routes, too, or are they exclusively set aside for Hawaii? thanks.

Not a silly question at all....we will have a subset of ETOPs qualified pilots that will be going to Hawaii, but will still be doing regular flying in the conus.
Southeast Of Disorder

wnflyguy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:35 pm

SANFan wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Flyguy

Oh swell! Here we go again. So this thread is now turning into another useless rumor mill just like the other one..... I guess I'm done with this one too.

I'll see you over on the thread that actually reports the announcement of schedules and start-dates!

bb

Someone needs a virtual Hug!

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

compensateme

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
Enjoy your crackers and fruit snacks!

...which is the same thing UA, AA, DL and AS offer from the West Coast - unless you want to buy an overpriced sandwhich.

FWIW, WN had already announced it’ll offer enhanced food offerings, although it hasn’t released details.
We don’t care what your next flight is.

PlanesNTrains

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
SANFan wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Flyguy

bb

Flyguy

To be clear, they will start flying two weeks after announcing service?
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

ScottB

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:

You mean the same crackers and fruit snacks for which UA charges $9.59 in Economy between California and Hawai'i?

MrBretz

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:01 pm

ScottB wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

You mean the same crackers and fruit snacks for which UA charges $9.59 in Economy between California and Hawai'i?

UA charges $8.99 for a 50ml bottle of rum. But the coke and lime are free. I wonder if WN will be cheaper?

hawaiian717

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm

compensateme wrote:
FWIW, WN had already announced it’ll offer enhanced food offerings, although it hasn’t released details.

As reported by Chicago Business Journal (paywall) and reposted by View From the Wing:

• “a snack bag filled with Wheat Thins, pretzels, cheese spread, fruit snacks and … Tic Tacs.”
  • an hour prior to arrival Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies
  • new Hawaii-inspired drinks on board: Minute Maid pineapple orange juice, Blue Chair Bay coconut spiced rum, and Kona Longboard Island Lager.

MrBretz

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Longboard or better yet, Blue Wave, would be a real enticement.

wnflyguy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

Flyguy

Yep that's one of the Rumors going around a very short sale to start date since they already have ETOPS pilots,aircraft and Hawaii ground crews just sitting idle waiting for the delayed Approval and start date. In order to build traffic quickly for the Easter spring break season.

Alternative rumor start date is Tuesday April 2
Giving them 4 weeks of sales and promotions.

We could find something out Friday or hopefully by next Tuesday morning.

It's coming quickly.
Anybody's guess now.
Flyguy

SMUtexan

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:35 pm

While I probably won’t fly them to the mainland, I can’t wait for them to start interisland flights. I live part time in Kona and flying between the islands can be a challenge sometimes. Hawaiian’s fares aren’t too bad but their capacity has been an issue. Just 2 weeks ago, I had a family member on Oahu wanting to fly over to Kona for the night to come visit. It was a last minute trip and every afternoon/evening flight from HNL to Kona on Hawaiian (both first class and coach) was sold out. I have also experienced similar issues many times since the demise of Aloha; especially during peak tourist seasons.

Many people commute between the islands on a daily/weekly basis due to work, family etc and basically use Hawaiian’s interisland flights as a bus system. Having Southwest’s additional capacity (even if the frequency is minimal) will be welcomed by many in the islands.

Silver1SWA

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:39 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

And give time for the rest of the employees report.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

CHSNYC

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Curious about WN's 737 inter-island flights. Isn't one of the reasons 717s are so indispensable for Hawaiian that the engines need less time to cool before taking off again on such short low-altitude hops compared to other mainline jets? How has WN found a way around the engine cooling problem with their 737 fleet on inter-island flights? Lower flight frequency with longer turnaround times compared to Hawaiian?

asteriskceo

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm

CHSNYC wrote:
Curious about WN's 737 inter-island flights. Isn't one of the reasons 717s are so indispensable for Hawaiian that the engines need less time to cool before taking off again on such short low-altitude hops compared to other mainline jets? How has WN found a way around the engine cooling problem with their 737 fleet on inter-island flights? Lower flight frequency with longer turnaround times compared to Hawaiian?

I don't think there will be 737's based in Hawaii to do inter-island missions only. They will be rotated through as through flights.

aloha73g

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:24 pm

asteriskceo wrote:
CHSNYC wrote:

I don't think there will be 737's based in Hawaii to do inter-island missions only. They will be rotated through as through flights.

Exactly. The number of interisland flights to/from OGG indicates that there will be a lot of tag-ons vs running a 738 interisland all day. OGG-ITO is not a huge O&D market. HA currently runs OGG-ITO only 2x daily compared to 13-15 daily HNL-ITO. The only reason to have 2 OGG-ITO trips is because the planes are available at OGG and WN loves connections.

OAK-HNL-ITO-HNL-OAK or SMF-OGG-ITO-OGG-SMF should be fine on the engines as the longer than normal ETOPS turns will allow enough cooling compared to a HNL-ITO-OGG-HNL-LIH-HNL-OGG-KOA-ITO-HNL-LIH-HNL-OGG-HNL-OGG-HNL daily routing that AQ would have done with their 733s and 734s in the early 90s.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Yeah, that's great to get flights up and going for spring breaks... but lodging is a whole nother matter. Who cares if i get a great airfare if im paying 500/night on Maui? There's gonna be a lot of empty flights initially.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

cledaybuck

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Yeah, that's great to get flights up and going for spring breaks... but lodging is a whole nother matter. Who cares if i get a great airfare if im paying 500/night on Maui? There's gonna be a lot of empty flights initially.

$500 on Maui for spring break wouldn’t actually be that bad.

cledaybuck

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 pm

compensateme wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

...which is the same thing UA, AA, DL and AS offer from the West Coast - unless you want to buy an overpriced sandwhich.

I don’t remember getting any food on AS. If I did, I guess that just goes to show how important it was.

wnflyguy

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 pm

CHSNYC wrote:

The average turn times with the 800/MAX8 in the WN system are between 45mins to 1 Hour.
This will be enough time for engines to cool down.
Example
ITO-OGG 05:00-05:45
45 min turn
OGG-LIH 06:30-07:15
90 min turn
LIH-OAK 08:45-ect ect

Flyguy

MAH4546

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Yep that's one of the Rumors going around a very short sale to start date since they already have ETOPS pilots,aircraft and Hawaii ground crews just sitting idle waiting for the delayed Approval and start date. In order to build traffic quickly for the Easter spring break season.

It's coming quickly.
Anybody's guess now.
Flyguy

They are not starting service to Hawai'i in three weeks. That's inane. I don't even know understand you would believe that "rumor."
a.

jetlanta

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:

It's coming quickly.
Anybody's guess now.
Flyguy

They are not starting service to Hawai'i in three weeks. That's inane. I don't even know understand you would believe that "rumor."

hmmmmmmmmm

rbavfan

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:52 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
While I realize that ETOPS are a completely different ballgame, SAN-HNL/OGG is only slightly longer a distance than SAN-BWI, and the ability of the proper 737 to fly to the islands has been proven over a period of many years and many operators, The operations manuals are out there, and I have no doubt that when Southwest begins these routes, everything will be ready.

Aloha, 737-700s Honolulu-Oakland, February 2000. The fact it's taken WN this long for 737NG ETOPS is an utter embarrassment.

Aloha also flew HNL-SNA & HNL SAN

KMCOFlyer

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:14 am

SWADawg wrote:
indcwby wrote:

Never. Not enough range for the MAX-8 out of HOU. DEN with the MAX-7 is the farthest East you will realistically see the MAX to Hawaii. Now, if WN orders the NMA when Boeing decides to move forward with that Aircraft, then you might see HOU-HNL among many other WN cities east of the Mississippi for that matter.

The Max 7 could theoretically do DAL-HNL. The Max 7's listed range is 3800nm and DAL-HNL is only 3300nm. Probably won't happen any time soon, but it's possible.

tphuang

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:00 am

as i said before, i would be shocked that they do interisland stuff early on. It's going to be a huge money looser.

I'm going to wait patiently for at most one more week for the schedule to actually come out.

PlanesNTrains

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:24 am

jetlanta wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

It's coming quickly.
Anybody's guess now.
Flyguy

hmmmmmmmmm

What do you know that we don't know? Asking for a friend.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

seven3seven

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 am

I'll bet anyone my $20 to your $10 Southwest starts interisland flights no later than April
My views are mine alone and are not that of any of my fellow employees, officers, or directors at my company

usflyguy

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:34 am

Didn't Gary Kelly already state there would be inter island flights, at least on a limited basis, from day 1?
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

mtnwest1979

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:43 am

ITO was never mentioned or mentioned by WN for service so IDK why it is mentioned here now.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

barney captain

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:00 am

wnflyguy wrote:
WN will hold a press conference on Monday in HNL.
With fare sale kicking off on Tuesday morning 00:01 Herb time.
First flights start Sunday Saint Patrick's Day March 17 both OGG and HNL 11 Daily flights with inter island day one.
Saturday April 13 KOA and LIH start service.
KOA 8 Daily flights 2 OGG,2 HNL and 1 each to OAK,SJC,SMF,SAN.
LIH 6 Daily flights 2 HNL,2 OGG, 1 OAK ,1 SAN.
Sunday June 2 ITO with 5 daily flights 3 HNL, 2 OGG.

July 1 LAX,ONT, PDX and Saturday only LGB.

November LAS,PHX,DEN with the addition of the MAX7 and MAX8 Etops planes. And Red Eyes starts for Hawaii and the rest of the WN system.wnflyguy

You keep mentioning this and I keep correcting you - whenever you are getting your rumors from is worthless.

Nothing but California to Hawaii for the foreseeable future. And no LAX-HI, there isn't the gate space and there is far too much capacity already. No ONT, PDX or LGB - and not by July. I seriously doubt you will see inter island within the first 90 days - certainly not day one.

ITO isn't ever mentioned - not even in the official press release.

From Southwest.com -

While specific routes are not yet available for purchase, our initial intention is to begin Hawaii nonstop service from Oakland (OAK), San Diego (SAN), San Jose (SJC), and Sacramento (SMF).*Subject to required government approvals. From California, you can reach Honolulu, HI (Oahu), Kahului, HI (Maui), Kona, HI (Island of Hawaii), and Lihue, HI (Kauai). We also intend to provide interisland service, so you can fly between the Hawaiian Islands with us, too.
Last edited by barney captain on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Southeast Of Disorder

barney captain

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 am

wnflyguy wrote:

It's coming quickly.
Anybody's guess now.
Flyguy

The pilots aren't "sitting idle" - we haven't even been trained yet. Class starts this weekend (I'll be there) and is full steam ahead to have us all trained by April. Now, there are several trained Check Airman who can easily be used (and will be imo) to start a soft launch in March, but the bulk of the flying can't happen before April 1.

Again, your sources need a giant grain of salt.
Southeast Of Disorder

wnflyguy

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:17 am

Sounds like Fares and schedules announcement is Friday with a April 1 start date For HNL. April 6 for OGG. Then OGG-HNL in the 25 of April.

Flyguy

RWA380

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:36 am

mtnwest1979 wrote:
ITO was never mentioned or mentioned by WN for service so IDK why it is mentioned here now.

Check this article out, it wasn’t on WN’s initial radar, but ITO is now according to this. It’s the article I read, when I first learned of their ITO intentions.

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/20 ... lo-market/
707, 717, 720, 727-1/2, 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9, 747-1/2/3, 757, 767-2/3/4, 777-2/3, DC8, DC9, MD80/2/7/8, D10-1/3/4, M11, L10-2/5, A300/310/319/320
AA AC AQ BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WN WP YS 8M

wnflyguy

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:49 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Sounds like Fares and schedules announcement is Friday with a April 1 start date For HNL. April 6 for OGG. Then OGG-HNL in the 25 of April.

Flyguy

No announcement And nothing on Southwest.com
Duped again I'm gonna guess a early April fools joke.

Flyguy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos