BrianDromey

Re: Irish 3/19: Marching skyward

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 pm

eidvm wrote:
For info, Dublin is one of only two bases where Ryanair do all their handling in house themselves, from check-in to baggage loading, engineering and even including de-icing. So the problems seen the other day were entirely of their own making, a commercial decision not to employ or not to train up enough aircraft deicers, or have bought enough serviceable deicing rigs.

Is Malaga the other one? In recent weeks STN has been taken over by BLUE Handling. This is a brand of OmniServ, IIRC. The branding is very FR and even the POS machines for ‘naughty’ passengers with too much luggage are Ryanair.

On a recent flight a woman said she though she could bring a trolley bag, as it was her only piece of luggage. Quite how she missed the 3 emails, app notifications, banners and explicit options to choose at check-in, I don’t know. I notice that FR have an AR bag sizer on their iOS app. Pretty cool.

mast2407

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:21 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

Well, two additional A333s are due as well. Not all future expansion is reliant on the A321LR arrival.

Where are these coming from? Have you a link for info? First I read of it.

shamrock350

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:38 pm

mast2407 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

So for Summer 2020 at best along with YUL starting is maybe one new additional North American gateway.

Well, two additional A333s are due as well. Not all future expansion is reliant on the A321LR arrival.

Where are these coming from? Have you a link for info? First I read of it.

Director of fleet assets;

At 09:20
https://youtu.be/Q5P2obq0aDk

“Since 2016 we’ve added four more A330-300 units to the fleet with a plan to add an additional two units in 2020. That’s on the widebody side...”

He then goes on to talk about the A321LR so there is a clear distinction between the widebody and narrowbody numbers!

IrishTexan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Have been monitoring AA fares on DFW/DUB for the new nonstop flights this summer, and they seem to have been steadily increasing with a chunky premium over 1/2 stop options. Curious if the demand will be strong enough for the service period to be extended beyond the summer season.

JAmie2k9

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:45 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Ground Handlers operate (likely own) de-icing equipment. It was largely Ryanair who faced disruption, other airlines were operating normally all be it with delays.

There simply wasn't enough staff to cover the volume of flights for Ryanair and things piled up quickly. This problem lies with Ryanair or whatever ground handlers contacted by any airline.

Dublin gets an average of 20 snow days a year (days with actual snow cover is much less). With snowfall becoming more frequent and more severe the airport and the handlers based there need to start thinking of increasing de-icing capacity as the airport continues to grow.

I agree they need to ensure capacity is growing as there operation is however de-icing capacity isn't a major issue but more so personnel to operate it and i'm sure with good management Sundays events could have been severely mitigated. Generally de-icing doesn't cause major problems. Remember EI/FR and third party handlers will want costs cut and commercially they can probably manage short delays and would reject any proposal by daa to set up a facility etc to do it.

EIBoston

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Any update on Aer Lingus and the potential for issues running the wet leased 757's from March 30th? Bit of a problem I would say

JesseCasserly

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 pm

IrishTexan wrote:
Have been monitoring AA fares on DFW/DUB for the new nonstop flights this summer, and they seem to have been steadily increasing with a chunky premium over 1/2 stop options. Curious if the demand will be strong enough for the service period to be extended beyond the summer season.

I was planning on taking this flight in July and it was ~€1700 in business. When I went to book in for the dates I needed it had jumped to ~€2500!! Meanwhile my usual connection through LHR still remains the cheapest option in business unfortunately :/

OA260

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Aer Lingus’ agreement with CityJet

Dechert Obtains Clearance for Aer Lingus-CityJet Wet Lease Agreement

The agreement allows Aer Lingus to continue to offer scheduled passenger flights between London City Airport and Dublin, using planes wet-leased from CityJet. The Dechert team was able to persuade the CMA that, absent the deal, no other airline would have partnered with CityJet, leading to a loss of choice and capacity on the route. This is a rare example of the CMA accepting such a “counterfactual” argument.

CityJet was operating scheduled flights between London City and Dublin airports, but (following a review of strategy) decided to cease scheduled operations and offered instead to fly on behalf of Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus commenced operations on 28 August 2018, leasing CityJet aircraft, crew, and slots for a limited period, and honoring tickets that CityJet had already sold. The CMA took the view that Aer Lingus was in effect acquiring a business rather than just acquiring services from CityJet. The finding appears to lower the bar for identifying a “merger” in such circumstances and is at odds with the approach adopted by competition authorities in other jurisdictions.

The CMA’s concern was that the only other airline serving London City/Dublin was, like Aer Lingus, a member of the IAG group. Nevertheless, the parties succeeded in persuading the CMA in Phase 1 to accept the so-called “exiting firm counterfactual” argument, making this victory a rare precedent. The CMA cleared the deal, concluding that “no other airline would have been interested in taking over the business” and “for that reason, without the agreement, the assets transferred by CityJet to Aer Lingus would have instead been used to operate other routes, resulting in a loss of capacity and therefore less choice for customers on the London to Dublin route.”

www.globallegalchronicle.com/aer-lingus ... h-cityjet/

OA260

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Aer Lingus drops mandatory make-up rule for cabin crew

Aer Lingus has confirmed that its female cabin crew will no longer be required to wear make-up or skirts as part of new uniform rules.

The airline, which announced a rebranding earlier this year, will introduce new uniforms later this year which will include trouser options for female staff.

In a statement, Aer Lingus said the new uniform is designed in partnership with a number of staff "to reflect changing dress norms and to better meet the needs of our guest-facing colleagues".

It says staff uniform guidelines are currently being completed, but will not include the mandatory use of make-up.

The new rules will come into effect in November when the new uniform is launched.

www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0307/1034877-aer-lingus/

Eirules

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 pm

IrishTexan wrote:

Hmm I’m flying to LAS in July and SFO in Sept and BA’s cheapest option is on the DFW route so I wonder is it just non stops are being priced too high
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

E190Driver

Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello All,

Any idea when EI will resume the BOS-SNN route this year?

AmricanShamrok

Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:58 pm

E190Driver wrote:
Hello All,

Any idea when EI will resume the BOS-SNN route this year?

18th April - frequency being kept at 7x weekly.

IrishTexan

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Eirules wrote:
IrishTexan wrote:

Hmm I’m flying to LAS in July and SFO in Sept and BA’s cheapest option is on the DFW route so I wonder is it just non stops are being priced too high

Ironically, I have found several dates where DFW/LHR is more expensive than same date flights to DFW/DUB and SNN. Same story for LH on DFW/FRA compared to DFW/DUB or SNN via FRA. Non stop premiums have always been a pain in the wallet.

eirflot

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Will be nice to see some new tails at DUB after the end of rhe month! When does the Luxair 737 commence rotations?

OA260

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 pm

eirflot wrote:
Will be nice to see some new tails at DUB after the end of rhe month! When does the Luxair 737 commence rotations?

31st March

eirflot

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Thank you OA260
Font of info!!!!

OA260

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Ryanair cuts flights from Belfast International Airport

Ryanair is cutting the number of flights it operates from Belfast International Airport.

It is dropping its three Polish routes to Gdansk, Warsaw and Wroclaw as well as flights to Malta.
The airline is also reducing the number of flights it operates to London Stansted and Manchester airports.
It said it is reducing its 2019 winter schedule at Belfast International Airport due to the "weak UK market" and UK Air Passenger Duty (APD).

www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47 ... Uk_s4-Ny4U

shamrock350

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Classic Ryanair, guess the deal expired. There’ll be a dozen other airports queuing up for Ryanair’s business, no matter how short lived it ends up being.

Although the reasoning does appear more plausible than the usual guff, weaker domestic market in the UK and rising fuel costs would make BFS a difficult one to work on a large scale. The choice of so many Polish routes was questionable aswell, notoriously low yielding even when there’s sufficent demand so it’s unsurprising to see three of the four dropped.

OA260

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am

Aer Lingus offering priority boarding to female passengers this International Women's Day

Men, get in line.

Aer Lingus is offering priority boarding to female guests departing on UK and European flights from Dublin, Cork, Shannon, Knock and Belfast this International Women's Day.

www.breakingnews.ie/discover/aer-lingus ... 09403.html

---

Cork-New York flights ‘within three years’

Shopping excursions to Fifth Avenue and tours of downtown Manhattan could finally be a reality for Cork Airport passengers after management said direct New York flights are “two to three years” away.

Flights to the Big Apple have been tantalisingly close in recent years after low-cost, long-haul airline Norwegian Air flew the first ever transatlantic journey from Cork Airport to Providence, Rhode Island on the US east coast in July 2017.

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/irel ... 09529.html

BrianDromey

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 am

OA260 wrote:
Cork-New York flights ‘within three years’

Shopping excursions to Fifth Avenue and tours of downtown Manhattan could finally be a reality for Cork Airport passengers after management said direct New York flights are “two to three years” away.

Flights to the Big Apple have been tantalisingly close in recent years after low-cost, long-haul airline Norwegian Air flew the first ever transatlantic journey from Cork Airport to Providence, Rhode Island on the US east coast in July 2017.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingne ... 09529.html

Something thats been said for a long time! It's always "two to three years away". Norwegian feel the 73M cant get to Stewart from Cork, which is a shame. Providence is into its third Summer season this year, which is encouraging from a commercial point of view. It might be that the A321LR will unlock potential for either Norwegian (if they do end up operating them) or Aer Lingus. I could see Aer Lingus basing an A321LR at ORK, offering daily transatlantic flights, 2-3 weekly each on JFK/BOS and 1-2 weekly on YYZ, for example. The lack of pre-clearence would be a disadvantage compared to Dublin and Shannon, but the onward connections, 'proper' airports and Business Class Cabin might make the services more attractive than Norwegian. EI would be able to offer connections to AMS, ALC, BCN,FAO,MAD(I2),EDI, MAN, BHX, LHR, BRS, which is a reasonable range of destinations.

There are probably more commercially attractive airports offering large incentives for service to Dublin, so that would count against Cork, but hope springs eternal!

VFRonTop

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:52 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
...but hope springs eternal!

I'd love to see ORK get a NYC service but I really cannot see it happening for them, particularly on EI.

ORK is not built for connections and EI already have the market covered with DUB and SNN. I've always thought EI would do well with a domestic service to DUB, connecting on to the TA and wider European network.

BrianDromey

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
ORK is not built for connections and EI already have the market covered with DUB and SNN. I've always thought EI would do well with a domestic service to DUB, connecting on to the TA and wider European network.

While I think the flight would be great, the upgraded motorway really makes the ORK-DUB flight irrelevant, now that the journey time is reliably less three hours, by road or rail. I think air would struggle to match that. Let's say 30 mins to get to Cork Airport, 30 minute check-in, 40 minute flight, 20 minutes to taxi rank, 40+ minutes to Dublin City Centre. The flight would have to live from connections, which there might be enough of, but EI could probably put an ATR to better use on a route which could offer O&D and connections.

Connections at Cork could be very simple. As long as the arrival was from a 'clean' country passengers could go straight to the departure lounge from the stairwell/airbridge on arrival.

iRISH251

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:03 pm

OA260 wrote:
Aer Lingus drops mandatory make-up rule for cabin crew

Aer Lingus has confirmed that its female cabin crew will no longer be required to wear make-up or skirts as part of new uniform rules.

The airline, which announced a rebranding earlier this year, will introduce new uniforms later this year which will include trouser options for female staff.

In a statement, Aer Lingus said the new uniform is designed in partnership with a number of staff "to reflect changing dress norms and to better meet the needs of our guest-facing colleagues".

It says staff uniform guidelines are currently being completed, but will not include the mandatory use of make-up.

The new rules will come into effect in November when the new uniform is launched.

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/030 ... er-lingus/

This got major coverage on RTE TV news last night - and all without any actual sight of the new uniforms. Fairly ancient footage of the various old uniforms with a B707 as backdrop was used. Very successful free advertising from the airline's point of view.

VanBosch

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 pm

eirflot wrote:

Tonight’s flight is a 737 although not sure if that’s a once off.

OA260

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 am

VanBosch wrote:
eirflot wrote:

Tonight’s flight is a 737 although not sure if that’s a once off.

They are indeed putting the 737 on some random dates before full introduction on 31st March. For example 11/3 , 15/3, 18/3 the rest are DH4 according to source of Luxair schedules.

EINA320

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:42 pm

EI111 cancelled today from SNN and the a/c positioned to DUB to operate the 101 to EWR. Has an A330 gone tech?

Eirules

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Tragically one Irish person amongst the dead on this morning’s ET crash. To them and others RIP

eidvm

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:34 pm

EINA320 wrote:
EI111 cancelled today from SNN and the a/c positioned to DUB to operate the 101 to EWR. Has an A330 gone tech?

Lack of pilots available apparently from what I’ve been told. Unusual to happen in March so early in the year, aren’t their clocks zeroed in January?

wexfordflyer

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:07 am

eidvm wrote:
EINA320 wrote:

Lack of pilots available apparently from what I’ve been told. Unusual to happen in March so early in the year, aren’t their clocks zeroed in January?

I believe it's a rolling 12 months, which would make sense, but I'd stand to be corrected on that.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

OA260

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 am

EI-RJI looking great in the new livery.

---

'Increases in the level of incidents at Dublin Airport like this obviously put everybody's safety at risk' says Forsa spokesman

New figures reveal that 50 people were detained at Irish airports between January and September 2018.

The report shows that there has been an increase in the number of people being arrested for public order offences.

Of those arrests, 47 took place at Dublin Airport.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dubl ... t-15953290

---

Belfast International passengers complain of long delays

Belfast International Airport has come under fire over long delays and passengers queuing outside the airport in near-freezing conditions.

Travellers have taken to social media to complain about security lines stretching outside the terminal.

Last month, the airport said it was expanding its security area from six to eight search lanes.

But on Sunday the airport said it would have to reduce the number of lanes to carry out the expansion work.

www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47521609

BFS really need to get their act together. Its becoming a joke .

Eirules

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Being reported that UK CAA has grounded the 737MAX. Where does this leave FR?

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:22 pm

The British CAA has banned all operations of 737 Max aircraft into, out of or through its airspace, which means that - for now - we won't be seeing Turkish Maxes in DUB (as they need to fly through UK airspace). Icelandair shouldn't be affected; FR probably will, because they had planned to base their first few Maxes at STN upon delivery. Hopefully the issues surrounding the Max will be sorted by the time they take delivery. Norwwegian's DUB-HEL service is usually operated by a 737 Max.

Were the EU airworthiness authorities to take this ban forward, the consequences for Norwegian could be particularly severe, given its financial position.

EIBoston

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Norwegian just suspended their 737 MAX ops as well.

https://media.en.norwegian.com/pressrel ... ment=N%2FA

OA260

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm

kaitak wrote:
The British CAA has banned all operations of 737 Max aircraft into, out of or through its airspace, which means that - for now - we won't be seeing Turkish Maxes in DUB (as they need to fly through UK airspace). Icelandair shouldn't be affected; FR probably will, because they had planned to base their first few Maxes at STN upon delivery. Hopefully the issues surrounding the Max will be sorted by the time they take delivery. Norwwegian's DUB-HEL service is usually operated by a 737 Max.

Were the EU airworthiness authorities to take this ban forward, the consequences for Norwegian could be particularly severe, given its financial position.

I presume Norwegian could claim compo ?

AmricanShamrok

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm

kaitak wrote:
The British CAA has banned all operations of 737 Max aircraft into, out of or through its airspace, which means that - for now - we won't be seeing Turkish Maxes in DUB (as they need to fly through UK airspace).

Not necessarily...it wouldn't be a huge deviation from the great circle route to avoid UK airspace.

eidvm

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/0312 ... nes-crash/

IAA has now officially banned the 737 MAX from Irish Airspace.

VFRonTop

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:00 pm

eidvm wrote:
https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2019/0312/1035823-ethiopian-airlines-crash/

IAA has now officially banned the 737 MAX from Irish Airspace.

Seems like there has been an update to the relevant national authorities that has not yet been made public. Wonder if we will see the FAA and Transport Canada change their positions soon.

wexfordflyer

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:54 pm

I see two Norwegian MAX's parked over on the west apron at DUB now.
I'm not all that familiar with differences in aircraft types, but are the MAX the aircraft that do Norwegian's transatlantic? So if these are now grounded, does that essentially stop all transatlantic from DUB? I wouldn't see it as likely they'll bring in a 787 to cover.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

eidvm

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:
I'm not all that familiar with differences in aircraft types, but are the MAX the aircraft that do Norwegian's transatlantic? So if these are now grounded, does that essentially stop all transatlantic from DUB? I wouldn't see it as likely they'll bring in a 787 to cover.

They originally operated these routes with 737-800NG aircraft, the predecessor to the MAX, so it's possible they could be able to use these again but it will depend on whether they've still maintained those aircraft to ETOPS standards, as it's very expensive maintaining an aircraft to ETOPS standards it may well be the case that they may need to get the aircraft recertified first prior to use.

The other issue being if they even have the spare capacity to fly the routes using their 737-800NG fleet, even if they are still ETOPS approved, having 24 aircraft grounded will be quite the hit and it may be the case that if there is any spare fat left in the system that other routes will be covered first prior to Dublin's Atlantic flights as typically Transatlantic flights are quite a poor use of aircraft resources..

wexfordflyer

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:09 pm

eidvm wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:

They originally operated these routes with 737-800NG aircraft, the predecessor to the MAX, so it's possible they could be able to use these again but it will depend on whether they've still maintained those aircraft to ETOPS standards, as it's very expensive maintaining an aircraft to ETOPS standards it may well be the case that they may need to get the aircraft recertified first prior to use. The other issue being if they even have the spare capacity to fly the routes using their 737-800NG fleet, even if they are still ETOPS approved, having 24 aircraft grounded will be quite the hit and it may be the case that if there is any spare fat left in the system that other routes will be covered first prior to Dublin's Atlantic flights as typically Transatlantic flights are quite a poor use of aircraft resources..

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for enlightening me. Time will tell...

EIBoston

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm

eidvm wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:

They originally operated these routes with 737-800NG aircraft, the predecessor to the MAX, so it's possible they could be able to use these again but it will depend on whether they've still maintained those aircraft to ETOPS standards, as it's very expensive maintaining an aircraft to ETOPS standards it may well be the case that they may need to get the aircraft recertified first prior to use.

The other issue being if they even have the spare capacity to fly the routes using their 737-800NG fleet, even if they are still ETOPS approved, having 24 aircraft grounded will be quite the hit and it may be the case that if there is any spare fat left in the system that other routes will be covered first prior to Dublin's Atlantic flights as typically Transatlantic flights are quite a poor use of aircraft resources..

Flight status for tomorrow's flights out of Dublin is showing as "On Time". I was wondering if that meant they would use the 737-800NG's for the purpose. (no idea what the ETOPS status being though).

wexfordflyer

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 pm

EIBoston wrote:
eidvm wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:

Flight status for tomorrow's flights out of Dublin is showing as "On Time". I was wondering if that meant they would use the 737-800NG's for the purpose. (no idea what the ETOPS status being though).

ETOPS is extended twin operations. It's a certification that allows aircraft to fly further than normal from a diversion airport, essentially over water. I think the maximum is 90 minutes. It requires certain "extras" to allow for certification, for example, life rafts on board.

EIBoston

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:02 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:
EIBoston wrote:
eidvm wrote:

ETOPS is extended twin operations. It's a certification that allows aircraft to fly further than normal from a diversion airport, essentially over water. I think the maximum is 90 minutes. It requires certain "extras" to allow for certification, for example, life rafts on board.

Thanks but I do understand what ETOPS is. What I meant was I wasn't sure was the status is with ETOPS on the 737-800. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I guess we will know tomorrow if the Dublin flights operate or not.

wexfordflyer

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 pm

EIBoston wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:
EIBoston wrote:

Thanks but I do understand what ETOPS is. What I meant was I wasn't sure was the status is with ETOPS on the 737-800. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I guess we will know tomorrow if the Dublin flights operate or not.

Ah! Apologies - my bad. Having reread, it's actually pretty clear! Sorry!

Let's see tomorrow.

ELBOB

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:21 pm

OA260 wrote:

For what, having bought a hacked-together bodge of an airframe? Maybe Boeing will pay out...

I don't believe any airline has received compensation from a national authority following a grounding or ban. I remember Freddie Laker tried to sue to FAA after the DC-10 grounding but I don't think he received a cent.

OA260

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:46 pm

ELBOB wrote:
OA260 wrote:

For what, having bought a hacked-together bodge of an airframe? Maybe Boeing will pay out...

I don't believe any airline has received compensation from a national authority following a grounding or ban. I remember Freddie Laker tried to sue to FAA after the DC-10 grounding but I don't think he received a cent.

Of course Boeing because if there is an issue with the aircraft then the logical place to claim is the one who sold it / made it.

OA260

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:15 am

Flights cancelled from Dublin Airport after suspension of use of Boeing 737 MAX

The Irish Aviation Authority made the decision following two fatal incidents involving the planes

Hundreds of Irish passengers had their flights cancelled after the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) suspended the use of all Boeing 737 MAX aircraft in and out of our airspace.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/flig ... g-15964543

—-

Ireland aviation: good geography, good policies

The Republic of Ireland punches significantly above its weight in the aviation market, with airline capacity significantly outperforming the country's size by population.

Based on total seat capacity for the week of 8-Jul-2019, Ireland is the world's number 40 aviation market and number 15 in Europe (source: OAG). This compares with its ranking by population at 121 in the world and 25 in Europe (source: indexmundi.com).

It has three significant 'natural' advantages: its geographic position between Europe and North America, its strong cultural and economic links with the UK, and strong links with North America as a result of the Irish diaspora.

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/ ... ies-462870

EI121

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 am

New February Record At Dublin Airport

Just over 2 million passengers passed through Dublin Airport in February, a 9% increase over the same month last year.

This is the first time in the airport’s 79-year history that passenger numbers have surpassed two million in February, which is traditionally the quietest month of the year.

Passenger volumes to and from continental Europe increased by 12%, as just under one million passengers travelled to and from European destinations in February.

UK traffic rose by 4% when compared to last year as almost 765,000 passengers travelled to and from Britain.

Passenger volumes to and from North America increased by 15%, as more than 175,000 passengers travelled on this sector in February.

Other international traffic, principally on routes to and from the Middle East, North Africa and Pacific Asia regions increased by 2%, as more than 62,000 passengers travelled on these routes in February. Transfer passengers increased by 13% to just almost 76,000. Almost 7,000 passengers travelled on domestic routes last month, which was a 16% decrease when compared to February 2018.

The number of passengers using Dublin Airport as a hub to connect to another destination increased by 18% in the first two months of the year, as more than 183,000 passengers connected through the airport in January and February.

Almost 4.1 million passengers have used Dublin Airport in the first two months of this year, which is a 7% increase on the same period last year.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... in-airport

OA260

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:42 pm

According to Norwegian they will operate Dreamliner B789 out of DUB due to MAX issues.

EIBoston

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:06 pm

OA260 wrote:
According to Norwegian they will operate Dreamliner B789 out of DUB due to MAX issues.

Interesting. They have cancelled flight to PVD today. Looks like services to ORK and SNN will not restart in April then. Can't book any flights to any Irish airport currently until May 1st

Update: looks like they will service the SWF flight with the 787.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/13/reuters ... ights.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos