qf2220

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2019

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 pm

Ryanair01 wrote:
Put simply it's a Melbourne to London flight that refuels in Perth. I'm probably being dense, but I don't follow the confusion about why people from Melbourne would be on the Melbourne flight?

Obzerva wrote:

I think it was more of an observation about the way QF manages their availability displays, and yes they manipulate them strongly.

It’s the same way that the QF website will offer you a 2 stop to MAN (via SIN and LHR) when there’s a perfectly good one stop QF codeshare on EK.

QF will deliberately push one flight option over another to certain markets.

If QF weren’t deliberately funnelling the MEL traffic on to the flight via PER and more freely offered via SIN instead, then who would realistically be wanting to pick the PER-MEL as a stand-alone flight with all the additional international check in requirements and timeframes?
QF need to need keep the domestic leg of it as full as possible, so it makes sense to be targeting the traveller going all the way through.

To put simply and accurately, it is one flight that happens to use the same aircraft and same flight number from Melbourne to LHR via PER. It is no more difficult (from a passenger perspective) for a SYD passenger to join the flight.

Thinking overnight, I believe QF in this instance is definitely encouraging more MEL pax to use the service. From a simple cost perspective for example, loading and unloading bags once at MEL is a lower cost option than shifting half a plane full of bags from those transferring from SYD. Also, operationally it is simpler if they have issues, they can manage homogenous passengers more easily and simply.

So yeah, ive answered my own question but in a way that provides reasons instead of not.

qf2220

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:52 pm

qf789 wrote:
Qantas being accused of cancelling flights on MEL-SYD to improve loads and increase profitability. In the first 2 months of this QF's cancellation rate has increased averaging around 6% while VA's cancellation rate has fallen and averages around 4%

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/financ ... -loadings/

As one of the replies says - this is a non-issue. Its been happening for years...

redroo

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 pm

qf2220 wrote:
vhebb wrote:
Joyce had stated that SIN-LHR-SIN will remain (hence the new F lounge) once the new direct SYD and MEL to LHR begin. So QF could be back up to 4x daily if the keep PER as well:

SYD-LHR-SYD
MEL-LHR-MEL
???-SIN-LHR-SIN-???
PER-LHR-PER

The SIN-LHR-SIN market will be those perhaps not willing to pay as much for the direct service but still wanting to fly QF. Id suspect A380 still. Perhaps, with a low probability, a reconfiguration to increase the seat count?

The LHR SIN SYD also serves the finance industry who use the use the stop as an opportunity to swing by offices and clients in Singapore on the way to/from London.

SCFlyer

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:36 pm

JQ321 wrote:
qf002 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
The whole argument over why they chose a early morning arrival from PER into LHR at around 5am was to minimise hold times, the same would apply to other non-stops, therefore if any flight is going to land at LHR at lunchtime it will be the SIN one.

Was it? I remember it being mentioned but the schedule was primarily built around maximising utilisation. Wouldn’t be an issue anyway if they swapped the 789 for the same A350/777 used for SYD/MEL.

The issue with the SIN flight coming in later is that it would have to depart SYD after curfew. Personally I can’t see them continuing an A380 flight out of MEL or BNE, it will either be from SYD or they will drop it altogether. I think there is also a strong argument to be made for maintaining an overnight LHR-SYD which can’t be achieved (sensibly) with a nonstop.

qf789 wrote:
As of Saturday the flight departs PER just before 7pm for a just after 5am arrival therefore an afternoon departure would not work. If it were to arrive at LHR at lunchtime it would require to depart PER at 2am again I cant see that happening. The current arrangement works well due to the way the aircraft is rotate through to do a US flight.

PER-LHR will come secondary to SYD/MEL-LHR once those routes become possible. I’m sure QF will keep it going but it’s not going to get the sort of attention and gushing that we’ve seen from management over the last 12 months.

RE afternoon departure, I was referred to departure from LHR to PER. If they could secure a late-morning arrival slot (around 10am) then the flight could depart PER at midnight then depart LHR early afternoon for an afternoon arrival into PER. Presumably there will be other changes to utilisation patterns (including the existing MEL-PER sector) if/when all these new flights start, certainly QF won’t be constrained by them if they want to do something different.

Looking at the recent Perth-London figures it seems as if they'd need a tag team flight from Brisbane or decrease freqquency which would enable BNE-LHR non-stop for say 3 days a week.

Although BNE has been listed in some documents for Project Sunrise, I can't see BNE-LHR non-stops occuring, imo.

Could this arrangement work however?

SYD-LHR-SYD
MEL-LHR-MEL
BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE
SYD-SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD

That way Brisbane gets a "direct" flight (although via Perth), and the other 3 cities gets the non-stops, and the via SIN option is still available with timed connections from BNE and MEL.

qf2220

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:54 pm

SCFlyer wrote:

SYD-LHR-SYD
MEL-LHR-MEL
BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE
SYD-SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD

That way Brisbane gets a "direct" flight (although via Perth), and the other 3 cities gets the non-stops, and the via SIN option is still available with timed connections from BNE and MEL.

Interesting, though I feel that the non-stops are supposed to be premium. I suspect that BNE wouldn't have as much premium traffic as SYD or MEL (sorry BNE). PER is a learner route at the moment but longer term has the mining traffic which is premium. Though BNE will be a 787 base eventually so perhaps its not as far fetched given the operational considerations. Though it would need a change to the MEL-LAX-MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL yoyo that is currently in operation.

Agreed with the other post above though, there will still be some premium going via SIN for the finance industry so BNE-SIN might cater for the premium BNE passengers nicely.

LTC8K6

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:02 am

Avherald update on the QANTAS incident near Hong Kong.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4a787699&opt=0

SeaEagle8

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:29 am

qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Qantas being accused of cancelling flights on MEL-SYD to improve loads and increase profitability. In the first 2 months of this QF's cancellation rate has increased averaging around 6% while VA's cancellation rate has fallen and averages around 4%

As one of the replies says - this is a non-issue. Its been happening for years...

Agree nothing new. There were definitely more storm days in SYD this year as well. So you have to factor that in. I assume on the MEL end as well had some bad days.
NSW based avgeek

CityRail

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:17 am

Partial Closure - Sydney Airport due to fire in ATC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-29/ ... d/10952890
Last edited by CityRail on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boof

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:18 am

qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Yep and if you fly the route often you know not to book the quarter past and quarter to the hour flights as they are the ones that get flicked first.

At peak times the number of flights available to be re accommodated on and quite often the amount of holding in the air that happens these days pax will get to the destination within 30 mins or so of original flight anyway. I can't see why this is such an issue, better they cancel flights, get people moving, and make money than go broke.
Bring back Virgin Blue!

smi0006

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:46 am

Boof wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Yep and if you fly the route often you know not to book the quarter past and quarter to the hour flights as they are the ones that get flicked first.

At peak times the number of flights available to be re accommodated on and quite often the amount of holding in the air that happens these days pax will get to the destination within 30 mins or so of original flight anyway. I can't see why this is such an issue, better they cancel flights, get people moving, and make money than go broke.

Agreed with flights every 15mins they cancellations with low loads make sense, better for the environment too! If you’re day will be impacted by a delay of an hour or so, you’re being stingy with your time. I do feel with the amount of congestion it’s time to increase the gauge of some of these flights —- bring on the 797!!

smi0006

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:51 am

Boof wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Agreed with flights every 15mins they cancellations with low loads make sense, better for the environment too! If you’re day will be impacted by a delay of an hour or so, you’re being stingy with your time. I do feel with the amount of congestion it’s time to increase the gauge of some of these flights —- bring on the 797!!

SeaEagle8

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 am

smi0006 wrote:
Boof wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Yes. Ever since QF got rid of the 767 and put on more 737 the skies got more crowded. There are still quite a few A330 flights on SYD-MEL though.
NSW based avgeek

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 am

CityRail wrote:
Partial Closure - Sydney Airport due to fire in ATC

Well that would explain why I saw an AirCalin A330 touch down in CBR! Very surprised to see that!
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Captdasbomb

Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:44 am

qf2220 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

SYD-LHR-SYD
MEL-LHR-MEL
BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE
SYD-SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD

Interesting, though I feel that the non-stops are supposed to be premium. I suspect that BNE wouldn't have as much premium traffic as SYD or MEL (sorry BNE). PER is a learner route at the moment but longer term has the mining traffic which is premium. Though BNE will be a 787 base eventually so perhaps its not as far fetched given the operational considerations. Though it would need a change to the MEL-LAX-MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL yoyo that is currently in operation.

Agreed with the other post above though, there will still be some premium going via SIN for the finance industry so BNE-SIN might cater for the premium BNE passengers nicely.

MEL-LAX-MEL- PER-LHR-PER-MEL yoyo can become BNE-LAX-BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE

JQ321

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:35 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

SYD-LHR-SYD
MEL-LHR-MEL
BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE
SYD-SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD

No. It would become BNE-LAX-JFK-LAX-BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:50 am

JQ321 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

That is simply impossible. The timings do not work.

In such a scenario it would rotate with QF55/56 (moved to an evening departure from BNE) or any hypothetical BNE-SFO etc, exactly like the schedule out of MEL.

QF15 would have to remain a morning departure to facilitate the JFK tag.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

smi0006

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:09 am

SeaEagle8 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Boof wrote:

Yes. Ever since QF got rid of the 767 and put on more 737 the skies got more crowded. There are still quite a few A330 flights on SYD-MEL though.

Very true! I miss the 767s domestically, and with such high loads, not sure QF can squeeze more out of the 330s. Shame they couldn’t keep a few 744 for transcon, to release 330s for the triangle and Asia like they did with the 743.... still they are also profitable now, which they weren’t back then— lol clearly why I don’t run an airline!

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:54 am

Seasonal PER-OOL flights with VA have returned today
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:53 am

From Monday the cross runway at PER 6/24 will be closed for maintenance for just under 2 months
Forum Moderator

VapourTrails

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
CityRail wrote:
Partial Closure - Sydney Airport due to fire in ATC.

Well that would explain why I saw an AirCalin A330 touch down in CBR! Very surprised to see that!

Envious! I had to resort to FR24 on my lunch break. Relieved it wasn’t too serious a situation and was resolved quickly - does highlight the importance of the work the ATC do each day and night. Doesn’t take much to upset the system schedule. I assume that the ATC Satellite Feed on the ATCLive.net app is Melbourne Centre? Sorry, I am here to learn, but it says the regular channels are still down?

As far as an insight into the work of ATC, came across this gem a while back. This one is MEL but I found it most informative. Source: https://youtu.be/ctuFX8mlUOw

Folllow up article on the ATC situation at SYD today..

Excerpt from the article..

“When crews arrived they searched the tower and found no sign of fire. They then used thermal imaging cameras to detect the source of heat causing the smoke, and found it came from a battery backup system for the tower’s computers that had overheated,” Sup Jonas said.

“Crews removed the battery system, took it outside and hit it with a carbon dioxide cylinder.

“After that they let everyone back in, all under an hour. No injuries occurred.”

During the evacuation, all control of the aircraft in the airspace above Sydney was handled by Melbourne airport.”

Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/news- ... b7f50c04a5

Pax admitting they were on their phones during the hold - LOL. :stirthepot: ..or maybe there was onboard Wi-Fi...
A.net member: 2001-2004, 2014-

SCFlyer

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:07 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
JQ321 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

In such a scenario it would rotate with QF55/56 (moved to an evening departure from BNE) or any hypothetical BNE-SFO etc, exactly like the schedule out of MEL.

QF55 is already a early evening departure, however I note the QF55 departures as of April has been moved to 20:25 (3 hours later). So a BNE-LAX/SFO-BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE rotation may be feasible in the future.

TasFlyer

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:27 am

qf789 wrote:

How often and for how long? Hopefully this becomes a permanent fixture. It would be the longest domestic sector in Australia would it not?

vhqpa

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:24 pm

TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:

How often and for how long? Hopefully this becomes a permanent fixture. It would be the longest domestic sector in Australia would it not?

If I'm not mistaken it is the current longest domestic flight beating PER-BNE by 6 nm. In the past QF have flown BNE-KTA nonstop during the mining boom which was about 50 nm further. JQ also operates PER-OOL year round if wiki is to be believed.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

QF744ER

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm

I see -ZNG is operating QF128 tonight HKG-SYD anyone know the reason as it's normally a 744/380 route?

Could this also be a knock on effect of -ZND going u/s in BNE earlier in the week?

qf002

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm

QF744ER wrote:
I see -ZNG is operating QF128 tonight HKG-SYD anyone know the reason as it's normally a 744/380 route?

Could this also be a knock on effect of -ZND going u/s in BNE earlier in the week?

QF127/128 now gets the 789 six days a week, officially from tomorrow but I guess it made more sense to start today from HKG to avoid having to position a 789 MEL-SYD tomorrow morning.

QF744ER

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Cheers qf002, what network changes have been made to free up 789's for QF127/128 or was there slack in their schedules?

qf002

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 pm

QF744ER wrote:
Cheers qf002, what network changes have been made to free up 789's for QF127/128 or was there slack in their schedules?

They've had a 789 on MEL-HKG since late last year which now switches back to A330s. More broadly speaking, this 789 was supposed to be flying a new route to the US from BNE but as you know that's on hold courtesy of the DOT.

They also have a couple of weekly 789s on BNE-HKG which will be used to rotate aircraft into SYD.

tullamarine

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:36 am

qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

They've had a 789 on MEL-HKG since late last year which now switches back to A330s. More broadly speaking, this 789 was supposed to be flying a new route to the US from BNE but as you know that's on hold courtesy of the DOT.

They also have a couple of weekly 789s on BNE-HKG which will be used to rotate aircraft into SYD.

A 789 operated QF29 yesterday and A333 operated QF127. They swapped returns in HKG. I came back to MEL overnight on QF30 operated by VH-QPG whilst ZNG did QF130. Weather in HKG delayed both return flights by over an hour.

MEL T2 was its usual chaos this morning with us having to wait 20 minutes for a gate whilst VA 77W and MH A333 had to be bussed. I fear the revamp of the terminal still won't address the other major issue which is a shortage of gates; 20 gates is just not enough for the morning peak.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

JQ321

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:05 am

qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

Interesting that they haven't kept the 789's on MEL-HKG a few times a week. Do they not have as much premium traffic as BNE. I wouldn't think so.

smi0006

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:15 am

tullamarine wrote:
qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

A 789 operated QF29 yesterday and A333 operated QF127. They swapped returns in HKG. I came back to MEL overnight on QF30 operated by VH-QPG whilst ZNG did QF130. Weather in HKG delayed both return flights by over an hour.

MEL T2 was its usual chaos this morning with us having to wait 20 minutes for a gate whilst VA 77W and MH A333 had to be bussed. I fear the revamp of the terminal still won't address the other major issue which is a shortage of gates; 20 gates is just not enough for the morning peak.

I don’t think there is a revamp, only lots of little bandaids that solve nothing, if not cause more issues elsewhere. Melbourne airport is the worst airport in Australia through nil planning

SCFlyer

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:18 am

JQ321 wrote:
qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

Interesting that they haven't kept the 789's on MEL-HKG a few times a week. Do they not have as much premium traffic as BNE. I wouldn't think so.

More likely due to BNE being the 2nd base for the 789s. As per previously stated by others, the 4th 789 was meant to fly to another USA destination ex-BNE, but the DOT in the USA has held up the decision of the QF/AA JV, hence why it's doing HKG flying through yo-yo scheduling e.g BNE-HKG-SYD-HKG-BNE or BNE-HKG-SYD-HKG-MEL-HKG-BNE, etc.

QF742

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:42 am

smi0006 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
qf002 wrote:

I don’t think there is a revamp, only lots of little bandaids that solve nothing, if not cause more issues elsewhere. Melbourne airport is the worst airport in Australia through nil planning

MEL is definitely very congested and no doubt is poorly designed (for a 21st century airport). I think the current proposed improvements should finally make some difference - in particular, the use of swing gates at the neighbouring domestic terminals should help in the peak times. I think priority should be given to the T2 check in area. It feels so all over the place and a total mess with counters everywhere!

Qantas029

Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:01 am

JQ321 wrote:
qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

BNE- HKG is only once a week. SYD-HKG is 6 weekly

RyanairGuru

Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 am

JQ321 wrote:
qf002 wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

The 787 to BNE is once per week (hence why SYD is six times) and is simply a bridge to move the 787 into and out of Sydney.

BNE being the bridge comes down to aircraft utilisation. 3x weekly QF55/56 plus 1x weekly QF97/98 is one frame of flying.

Therefore 787 utilisation looks something like this:

QF15/16 (+JFK) = 2 frames
QF55/56 + 1x QF97/98 + 6x QF127/128 = 2 frames
QF9/10 + QF49/50 + QF95/96 = 4 frames
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qantas747

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:45 am

SCFlyer wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
JQ321 wrote:

QF55 is already a early evening departure, however I note the QF55 departures as of April has been moved to 20:25 (3 hours later). So a BNE-LAX/SFO-BNE-PER-LHR-PER-BNE rotation may be feasible in the future.

There will likely be no need for the LAX-JFK tag as SYD-NYC will come online as part of sunrise, so the hypothetical BNE options could work.

I do think LHR-SYD would need to be an evening departure to properly cater for the premium demand, otherwise inbound travellers are forking out for another nights accommodations and connections onwards to NZ are limited.
Curfew and winds does make this very tricky though. Perhaps a 2300-0500 schedule could work ex LHR?
Allows a business dinner and then has you on the ground in SYD ready for the next meeting

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 am

vhqpa wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken it is the current longest domestic flight beating PER-BNE by 6 nm. In the past QF have flown BNE-KTA nonstop during the mining boom which was about 50 nm further. JQ also operates PER-OOL year round if wiki is to be believed.

Actually looking at it now it looks like just this weekend to cover the AFL, the return flight is Sunday night

On other related news yesterday's VA471 was delayed to a redeye due to the inbound SYD (1600 arrival) being delayed resulting in the flight crew timing out, therefore there were 2 VA redeyes to BNE last night
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:05 pm

QF738's have returned to ASP-DRW from today

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-b737- ... n-service/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:49 pm

Perth Airport has rejected QF's latest claims regarding the airport holding up plans to start PER-CDG which the airport says both CDG and FRA can be started at anytime as per the 2016 agreement.

Since filing the writ in the Supreme Court the amount QF has short changed the airport has risen from $11.5 million to $20 million

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/pert ... 881150694z
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:01 pm

It looks like Qantas looked into Hong Kong Express though decided against it as it would setback its relationship with CX

http://www.orientaviation.com/articles/ ... centration
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Aircalin to begin A330-900neo operation to SYD from 9 August

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 09472?s=20
Forum Moderator

Ryanair01

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:19 pm

qantas747 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

There will likely be no need for the LAX-JFK tag as SYD-NYC will come online as part of sunrise, so the hypothetical BNE options could work.

I do think LHR-SYD would need to be an evening departure to properly cater for the premium demand, otherwise inbound travellers are forking out for another nights accommodations and connections onwards to NZ are limited.
Curfew and winds does make this very tricky though. Perhaps a 2300-0500 schedule could work ex LHR?
Allows a business dinner and then has you on the ground in SYD ready for the next meeting

A late 2240 (it's problematic to schedule a later departure from LHR) arriving 0500 would work during the northern summer.

However Qantas could save a frame with something like SYD 1700 - LHR 0500/ LHR 0800 - SYD 1430 (NB clearly those times aren't exact!) That looks tight, but there seems no point in having a frame sat in London all day if it can be avoided. QF do like to schedule pretty tightly.

JQ321

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:51 pm

qf789 wrote:
It looks like Qantas looked into Hong Kong Express though decided against it as it would setback its relationship with CX

http://www.orientaviation.com/articles/ ... centration

Definitely not an equal relationship then. Or CX wanted to push back their relations.

FlyboyOz

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 pm

wow that's interesting.... It sounds like QF still wants Jetstar Hong Kong back lol
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

TasFlyer

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:36 pm

qf789 wrote:
QF738's have returned to ASP-DRW from today

http://theqantassource.com/qantas-b737- ... n-service/

Coincident with this is the extra 717 flying on SYD-HBA and SYD-MCY.

Note SYD-ADL, SYD-BNE, and BNE-ADL have had their 717 flights replaced with 73H for the entire NS19 period. Beyond this, obviously, schedules for NW19-20 are unreliable this far out.

TasFlyer

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:38 pm

qf789 wrote:
vhqpa wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

Actually looking at it now it looks like just this weekend to cover the AFL, the return flight is Sunday night

On other related news yesterday's VA471 was delayed to a redeye due to the inbound SYD (1600 arrival) being delayed resulting in the flight crew timing out, therefore there were 2 VA redeyes to BNE last night

Shame, surely there'd be demand for this over the Easter/ANZAC Day super-fortnight, if not year-round; available jets are at a premium I guess.

qf2220

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:14 am

qf789 wrote:
Perth Airport has rejected QF's latest claims regarding the airport holding up plans to start PER-CDG which the airport says both CDG and FRA can be started at anytime as per the 2016 agreement.

Since filing the writ in the Supreme Court the amount QF has short changed the airport has risen from $11.5 million to $20 million

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/pert ... 881150694z

Is there a consensus view on this issue? Or are views as divided as QF and the airport? Your above suggests you're of tje same view as Perth Airport?

moa999

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:37 am

qf2220 wrote:
Is there a consensus view on this issue? Or are views as divided as QF and the airport? Your above suggests you're of tje same view as Perth Airport?

Doubt anyone (at least willing to comment on the issue) on this forum knows the issues fully.

Not sure about the $ cost that's building up, but I suspect that's just the usual we are your biggest customer, we should get a discount argument.

For the Paris flights I'd say it comes down to infrastructure costs and how they are charged. Eg. Another similarly timed 787 flight probably needs another 789 gate, and possible immigration upgrades.

The difference in this case is the terminal is scheduled for demolition in ? (Airport likely says 2025/2026. I suspect reality is later) so the airport needs to get a return on its investment over a shorter period than usual.

I agree it would be stupid for Qantas to have to split operations, but someone has to bare the cost

VHZNE

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 am

Tiger have shown off their new interior on the B738 aircraft with an image on Instagram. Features BSI. At a good guess I’d say it’s on YVA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvqNR2hhJam ... qu1ttzndq8

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 am

VHZNE wrote:
Tiger have shown off their new interior on the B738 aircraft with an image on Instagram. Features BSI. At a good guess I’d say it’s on YVA.

Yes it will be YVA as no other TT 738's have BSI. I also wonder if one of the reasons they went with YVA for its larger overhead bins, quite attractive for a LCC
Forum Moderator

cpd

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:43 am

qf789 wrote:
VHZNE wrote:

Yes it will be YVA as no other TT 738's have BSI. I also wonder if one of the reasons they went with YVA for its larger overhead bins, quite attractive for a LCC

I would have thought smaller or no overhead lockers would have been most attractive for LCC operators in order to force passengers to pay extra to check in bags. Even better would be a way to make them open only by swiping and paying with your credit card (the same thing would be excellent for seat reclining as well). :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign:
Last edited by cpd on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos