avier

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - March 2019

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

AirAsia India announces Mumbai- Kolkata from April 15. Timings are similar to their BOM-BLR route, being close to midnight.

binayak

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 pm

avier wrote:
AirAsia India announces Mumbai- Kolkata from April 15. Timings are similar to their BOM-BLR route, being close to midnight.

Seems like that's similar to G8 who does only a red eye flight.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

avier

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Indigo may choose Doha for debut Delhi-Istanbul flight

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/indigo-may-choose-doha-for-debut-delhi-istanbul-flight-1552668893902.html

What a nice and sweet way to frame the article headlines. If it were for any other Indian airline in such a situation on their inaugural flight, these news reporting sites would have added such a negative hue to it. Also at first glance, the headlines doesn't make any sense.

The cancellations of AI's few EU station has been portrayed so negatively on the other hand , which happened also due to the nearby country's airspace closure.

pune

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 am

VTCIE wrote:
blrsea wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

+++
Even "IN" code isn't used by any airline

https://www.iata.org/publications/Pages ... earch.aspx says its used by PT Nam Airlines in Vietnam

Nam Air, whose code is IN, is a subsidiary of Sriwijaya Air of Indonesia, whose code is SJ. Honestly, that should have been used by SpiceJet, for reasons I will outline below. For the record, Indonesia’s country code, ID, has also been taken by an Indonesian airline (Batik Air). Similarly, Condor, the German airline, has the code DE (for Deutschland).

In any case, Vistara is the first non-British airline to use the UK code.

unrave wrote:
The only relevant IATA code that appears to be available is IS - signifying the jv between India and Singapore, but alas IS is not a good code to have in these times.

Ironically enough, SG, which is often used in general to refer to Singapore, like LA for Los Angeles, has been taken by an Indian airline.

lutfi wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

The “UK”.....is because they want to be associated with something “phoren” which Indians associate to be better. That’s why for years India has “export quality” goods and presumably domestic quality goods creating a caste structure that goes into the deep Indian psyche.

There is only a limited number of 2 letter codes at anyone time that IATA have available - UK was probably the only/ best one available, as most airlines prefer not to use numbers. I.e. EVA have to use BR..., Lion Air is JT. At least UK is more memorable than those!

Note that it used to belong to British Island Airways and then Air UK/ KLM UK, and came free in 2003 I think when was merged with KLM CityHopper (WA)

The 'real' corprate name of Vistara is TATA-SIA airlines, Vistara is a marketing name

EVA’s BR is one of the most baffling codes for me. But the most baffling of all is our own 9W. Why would Jet Airways choose a code beginning with a number, that too at the very end of the series (there is no 9X, 9Y or 9Z)? I can understand IndiGo chose 6E to rhyme with ‘sexy’, but Jet is one of only two full-service carriers whose code begins with a number. The other is Sichuan Airlines (3U), which is growing much faster than 9W and is successfully flying the A350.*

*Seriously, Indian airlines have a LOT to learn from Chinese ones as regards fleet growth. But I digress.

This is the 201st post in this thread and my 202nd overall. :)

I wish there was a way of doing +1 or use some emoticons in order to show my gratitude instead of replying. For instance, I always wondered why Indigo used the code/call sign 6E and never in a hundred or perhaps a million years would have associated '6E' to 'sexy' . Slightly OT but FWIW, I have always found Indian flight attendants off-putting due to their always using or trying to use Americanized English accent rather than Indian English . At least on domestic short-haul flights they could do away with the 'phony accents' .

WPvsMW

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:41 am

Well, at least the FAs use baroque verb tenses seldom heard in Amreeka. :)

edealinfo

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:46 am

pune wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
blrsea wrote:

https://www.iata.org/publications/Pages ... earch.aspx says its used by PT Nam Airlines in Vietnam

Nam Air, whose code is IN, is a subsidiary of Sriwijaya Air of Indonesia, whose code is SJ. Honestly, that should have been used by SpiceJet, for reasons I will outline below. For the record, Indonesia’s country code, ID, has also been taken by an Indonesian airline (Batik Air). Similarly, Condor, the German airline, has the code DE (for Deutschland).

unrave wrote:
The only relevant IATA code that appears to be available is IS - signifying the jv between India and Singapore, but alas IS is not a good code to have in these times.

Ironically enough, SG, which is often used in general to refer to Singapore, like LA for Los Angeles, has been taken by an Indian airline.

lutfi wrote:
I think it is quite

There is only a limited number of 2 letter codes at anyone time that IATA have available - UK was probably the only/ best one available, as most airlines prefer not to use numbers. I.e. EVA have to use BR..., Lion Air is JT. At least UK is more memorable than those!

Note that it used to belong to British Island Airways and then Air UK/ KLM UK, and came free in 2003 I think when was merged with KLM CityHopper (WA)

The 'real' corprate name of Vistara is TATA-SIA airlines, Vistara is a marketing name

EVA’s BR is one of the most baffling codes for me. But the most baffling of all is our own 9W. Why would Jet Airways choose a code beginning with a number, that too at the very end of the series (there is no 9X, 9Y or 9Z)? I can understand IndiGo chose 6E to rhyme with ‘sexy’, but Jet is one of only two full-service carriers whose code begins with a number. The other is Sichuan Airlines (3U), which is growing much faster than 9W and is successfully flying the A350.*

*Seriously, Indian airlines have a LOT to learn from Chinese ones as regards fleet growth. But I digress.

This is the 201st post in this thread and my 202nd overall. :)

I wish there was a way of doing +1 or use some emoticons in order to show my gratitude instead of replying. For instance, I always wondered why Indigo used the code/call sign 6E and never in a hundred or perhaps a million years would have associated '6E' to 'sexy' . Slightly OT but FWIW, I have always found Indian flight attendants off-putting due to their always using or trying to use Americanized English accent rather than Indian English . At least on domestic short-haul flights they could do away with the 'phony accents' .

I think the fake accents are entertaining. It makes the faker seem important and the flyer entertained. A win win in my opinion

Irehdna

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:34 am

AI BOM-LHR AI131 is now scheduled on 77W. Presumably on the plane formerly used for BOM-JFK.

VTCIE

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 am

StormRider wrote:
^that's why I said that reverse look up will not work in your case as the pages were alphabetically ordered by airline names...also I am in no way any more knowledgeable than you, just an aviation fan like you I guess.
As for why it is not VS or VK ? It already exists - Virgin Atlantic and Anisec Luftfahrt GmbH (had to look it up)

As per Planespotters.net, the most trustworthy source in my opinion for fleet data, the airline with the IATA code VK is... Airbus. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Airbus-Industrie
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

VTCIE

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:50 am

pune wrote:
Slightly OT but FWIW, I have always found Indian flight attendants off-putting due to their always using or trying to use Americanized English accent rather than Indian English . At least on domestic short-haul flights they could do away with the 'phony accents' .

Never on my flights with 6E. All the FAs talk exactly like a 23-year-old Mumbai or Delhi girl would.

pune wrote:
I wish there was a way of doing +1 or use some emoticons in order to show my gratitude instead of replying.

This forum has a lot of really outdated software. Many other forums have no time limit on editing your posts. but here, you can’t edit your posts after 30 minutes. You can’t like or +1 a post, as you said. And you can’t see where a quoted post comes from without scrolling.

Having said that, I am happy to rescue people who are trapped in the quicksand of IATA codes, and there are a great number of them both in this thread and on the entire A.net forum. I hate it when people call Southwest Airlines SW instead of WN (SW is used by Air Namibia), or—to a considerably lesser degree—Kingfisher KF instead of IT (KF is used by Air Belgium and formerly Blue1 of Finland).

For the record, the way IndiGo chose 6E to rhyme with ‘sexy’, GoAir possibly chose G8 to sound like ‘great’, and AirAsia India chose I5 to rhyme with ‘high-five’. I only wish SpiceJet hadn’t chosen a code that makes it look Singaporean. (In fact, Singapore Airlines should have chosen SG in the first place, rather than SQ.)
Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 787135.cms

VTCIE wrote:

unrave wrote:

In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

binayak

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 am

VTCIE wrote:
pune wrote:
Slightly OT but FWIW, I have always found Indian flight attendants off-putting due to their always using or trying to use Americanized English accent rather than Indian English . At least on domestic short-haul flights they could do away with the 'phony accents' .

Never on my flights with 6E. All the FAs talk exactly like a 23-year-old Mumbai or Delhi girl would.

Same for other airlines too! I don't know in which flight did the user hear FA speaking in American accent. Or maybe they spoke English a bit fast and he thought that's American accent (a very common myth in India).

avier

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:43 am

binayak wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
pune wrote:

Same for other airlines too! I don't know in which flight did the user hear FA speaking in American accent. Or maybe they spoke English a bit fast and he thought that's American accent (a very common myth in India).

Same here. Never heard in my life on any Indian carrier FA's speak in phoren accent. They speak in their normal accent like they would in any major city.

I think the issue is some users are used to hearing English being spoken in the accent similar to their native language like say English in Mallu accent, Tamil accent, Punjabi accent, and so will usually find the neutral accent English spoken by Mumbai or Delhi residents to be more phoren, when actually it's not.

avier

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 pm

6E announces Kolhapur from May '19, and will connect Kolhapur - Hyderabad & Tirupati.

pune

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:48 pm

I am from Pune and have had the opportunity to be both on domestic and international flights, blessedly quite a few times. I *think* they do it because they feel they look more/better professional when speaking in such an accent. Maybe it's something to do with flight school, something that the airlines impart or whatever. I dislike the clipped tones especially when they make the introductions of the flight attendants, the captain, co-captain, (short flight so no reserve captain in most Indian flights) , safety instructions etc. I have seen many a passengers being bewirlded by the way they talk. Even Hindi (the national language) takes an otherworldly tone. I wish they would use everyday english and I believe it would result into more assured flights. As it is, people are fidgety and nervous on flights. I know I was, on my first domestic flight about a decade and half back and similarly on international flights when they happened. The latter has other aspects as length, culture and other things which you are not in control of at all.

binayak

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:25 pm

pune wrote:
I am from Pune and have had the opportunity to be both on domestic and international flights, blessedly quite a few times. I *think* they do it because they feel they look more/better professional when speaking in such an accent. Maybe it's something to do with flight school, something that the airlines impart or whatever. I dislike the clipped tones especially when they make the introductions of the flight attendants, the captain, co-captain, (short flight so no reserve captain in most Indian flights) , safety instructions etc. I have seen many a passengers being bewirlded by the way they talk. Even Hindi (the national language) takes an otherworldly tone. I wish they would use everyday english and I believe it would result into more assured flights. As it is, people are fidgety and nervous on flights. I know I was, on my first domestic flight about a decade and half back and similarly on international flights when they happened. The latter has other aspects as length, culture and other things which you are not in control of at all.

You're right that it's the way they were taught during their training period . Anyways good to see you pay attention to those instructions unlike most others . I can't remember the last time I didn't ask a co passenger to pay attention and not talk on the phone during that time.

pune

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:25 pm

binayak wrote:
You're right that it's the way they were taught during their training period . Anyways good to see you pay attention to those instructions unlike most others . I can't remember the last time I didn't ask a co passenger to pay attention and not talk on the phone during that time.

What I am scared of is will the instructions work if the time comes ? will the life-jacker be there ? Will the oxygen mask have oxygen ? While we hope and pray that nothing like that ever happens in our flights, I am not assured by all the shortcuts the current airlines are taking lately :(

binayak

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm

pune wrote:

What I am scared of is will the instructions work if the time comes ? will the life-jacker be there ? Will the oxygen mask have oxygen ? While we hope and pray that nothing like that ever happens in our flights, I am not assured by all the shortcuts the current airlines are taking lately :(

Relax man! Life jackets, oxygen masks containing oxygen is a common thing to every airline and no one will compromise on that part.
Well I didn't see any Indian airlines take short cuts related to safety. The thing is safety instructions should be understood properly and there's no harm in asking the crew to explain a particular instruction once more. They'll surely help you there be it any airline.

pune

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:09 am

binayak wrote:
Relax man! Life jackets, oxygen masks containing oxygen is a common thing to every airline and no one will compromise on that part.
Well I didn't see any Indian airlines take short cuts related to safety. The thing is safety instructions should be understood properly and there's no harm in asking the crew to explain a particular instruction once more. They'll surely help you there be it any airline.

Maybe it's my own paranoia. Although I do wish there was a way for the customer to check for when was the last safety check for a particular aircraft. I have for e.g. no clue how -

a. Periodically safety checks are taken ?
b. How extensive the safety checks are ?

For e.g. as long as I remember, the most cheap or the ones which I usually get are at the very back of the cabin/aircraft invariably. Most narrow-bodies are within 150-200 seats. For e.g. most Airbus A320 on Indigo (the one which I travel most on) has usually 180 seats 3-3 and Iusually get the seats in between row 26-29 . I have been lucky at times to get in the forward area, but I do know they usually reserve those as premium seats (more legroom, gets served first etc.)

I usually do fill in the feedback form but I never have a way to know whether the feedback form is actually used or just gets thrown in a wastebasket. Just a regulation (rule) to be followed.

airberlin2017

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 am

From 21 March the new Indigo-route DEL-IST are now planned with a 1h-Fuelstop in Doha due the closing of pakistan airspace => 10 Hours in an A321neo... :?

In addition of this, the second planned flight to Istanbul (from 24 March) on A320neo is "priced up" until the end of April (over 500€ per Flight) - the beginning of the second flight to Istanbul will probably be postponed, the second flight was bookable only since 2 weeks. Probably very low pre-bookings on the second flight to/from Istanbul.

anshabhi

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:30 am

I heard LH is downgrading DEL A380 to B748 is its true? Why would they do that? This flight always operated with a fully loaded A380, offering some excellent connections to NA

binayak

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:44 am

anshabhi wrote:
I heard LH is downgrading DEL A380 to B748 is its true? Why would they do that? This flight always operated with a fully loaded A380, offering some excellent connections to NA

Not 748 . The old 744 from 2020 ! :(

Blerg

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:39 am

binayak wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Not 748 . The old 744 from 2020 ! :(

Maybe it has to do with their deal with Airbus where some of the A380s will be sold back to the manufacturer. I guess loads to DEL were good but yields were the real problem.

jensona6

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

via RoutesOnline (AirlinesRoutes)

Air India since yesterday (16MAR19) temporary suspended Mumbai – New York JFK nonstop service, previously served 3 times a week, on board Boeing 777-300ER. The service is scheduled to resume on 02JUN19. During this period, the airline will continue to operate Mumbai – Newark service on daily basis, with Boeing 777-300ER.

AI191 BOM0130 – 0755EWR 77W D
AI144 EWR1205 – 1220+1BOM 77W D

sand26391

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Upcoming INDIGO MRO location at BLR. To be ready in Q1 2020.

Blerg

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm

I noticed Air India routes its DEL-JFK/ORD flights via Vienna.

avier

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Blerg wrote:

For the Pak airspace closure should be then.
Makes sense to have a stop over midway in EU and fly lighter planes than at Sharjah and fly heavier planes.

Blerg

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:15 pm

avier wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Makes sense to have a stop over midway in EU and fly lighter planes than at Sharjah and fly heavier planes.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but flights depart at about the same time as Austrian Airlines' North American flights. Could it be that they timed it like that just in case there is a technical issue so they can re-route passengers quite easily.

Would be cool to see pictures from Vienna with two B77W parked, I suppose, at the remote stand.

avier

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Blerg wrote:
avier wrote:
Blerg wrote:

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but flights depart at about the same time as Austrian Airlines' North American flights. Could it be that they timed it like that just in case there is a technical issue so they can re-route passengers quite easily.

Would be cool to see pictures from Vienna with two B77W parked, I suppose, at the remote stand.

Could be in collaboration with *A carriers and their hub at VIE.
UA is doing a similar thing at FRA for their EWR-DEL flights. So yeah, it looks like a operational partnership between *A carriers in times of the airspace closure above Pak.

anshabhi

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:36 pm

QR has upgraded ATQ to A350 ..

https://twitter.com/Vinamralongani/stat ... 7746572288

Do they have bilaterals to do this? They also list ATQ as A350 on their website now.
I believe A321 can easily do a 4 hour flight in any case.

avier

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:42 pm

anshabhi wrote:

Do they have bilaterals to do this? They also list ATQ as A350 on their website now.

That will be an A350 with seats blocked to match an A321 or whatever lesser they deem fit. So doesn't matter really.

binayak

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:52 pm

anshabhi wrote:

The third destination in India to get Qsuite if I ain't wrong.

Rav720

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 am

anshabhi wrote:

QR cannot fly a widebody aircraft to ATQ everyday. They have already asked GOI to add a widebody aircraft or add another narrow one. GOI is not giving more seats.

sabby

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:19 pm

binayak wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Not really, they are flying the older A359s which have the B/E Super Diamonds ( which are still great seats ). Only the A359s delivered from last year are getting the Q-suites. Since this flight is replacing A321, they wouldn't use the newer A359s anyway. BLR and BOM get scheduled Q-suite 777s. I am not sure if DEL receives the newer A359s but it certainly is possible given enough J demand. :)

VTCIE

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:25 am

sabby wrote:
binayak wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Not really, they are flying the older A359s which have the B/E Super Diamonds ( which are still great seats ). Only the A359s delivered from last year are getting the Q-suites. Since this flight is replacing A321, they wouldn't use the newer A359s anyway. BLR and BOM get scheduled Q-suite 777s. I am not sure if DEL receives the newer A359s but it certainly is possible given enough J demand. :)

The Qsuite 777 flies to BOM and BLR 5x weekly.

QR556 (DOH—BOM): 777-200LR on Monday, A330-300 on Tuesday, Qsuite 777 otherwise.
QR573 (DOH—BLR): 777-200LR on Wednesday, A330-300 on Thursday, Qsuite 777 otherwise. However, this past Monday (18 March), a 777-200LR (A7-BBD) flew the route.

IMO, it might have been a bit wiser for QR to serve the national capital with the Qsuite 777 or A359/A35K, most especially considering that it has two daily frequencies to DEL (and also COK) and only one to the other Indian cities. I do not understand why QR decided not to fly the Qsuite to DEL.

SVJ77W

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:31 pm

SVJ77W wrote:
Air India to begin domestic operations from Kannur from April 2019

Air India will begin operations from Kannur (CNN) in Kerala in April 2019 with the flight starting from Delhi to Kannur to Calicut and back. This will be the first time Air India will begin operations from CNN.

Rotation is as follows -

DEL-CNN-CCJ-CNN-DEL
Frequency - 5 Weekly | 2.3.5.6.7
Aircraft type - Airbus A320 NEO

Bookings are currently possible only through Travel portals online such as yatra.com or akbartravels.com among others.

As of noon today, the National Airline is yet to add Kannur on to their website for bookings 4 days after bookings began through above online travel portals.

Even over 10 days after this news came online and bookings began through various travel ports online/travel agencies, Air India Website is yet to list Kannur (CNN) on their sites. Close to 500 bookings have been made already through online ports for the month of April, info received through a friend from Air India. Despite 100s of emails sent by various people including myself to Air India's e-commerce email address + a KIAL official were email as well who later confirmed contacting AI, the national airline has done nothing so far to add CNN.

Really leaves me surprised how they work out there. Speechless over the sorry state of affairs. I wonder how many other things they have been ignoring that has led to losses.

sabby

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 pm

VTCIE wrote:
sabby wrote:
binayak wrote:

The Qsuite 777 flies to BOM and BLR 5x weekly.

QR556 (DOH—BOM): 777-200LR on Monday, A330-300 on Tuesday, Qsuite 777 otherwise.
QR573 (DOH—BLR): 777-200LR on Wednesday, A330-300 on Thursday, Qsuite 777 otherwise. However, this past Monday (18 March), a 777-200LR (A7-BBD) flew the route.

IMO, it might have been a bit wiser for QR to serve the national capital with the Qsuite 777 or A359/A35K, most especially considering that it has two daily frequencies to DEL (and also COK) and only one to the other Indian cities. I do not understand why QR decided not to fly the Qsuite to DEL.

DEL does get A359 service on one of the two daily flights (occasionally subbed by a 788) but whenever I checked it is usualy an older A359 with B/E Super Diamonds. I am not sure but the decision to fly with Q-suite aircraft is probably related with yield. I have never found a cheaper J fare to anywhere in EU/NA via QR from BLR where as I did find some relatively cheaper J fares out of DEL. I am guessing it is because of the intense competition in DEL as well as it being the AI hub usually get the Indian/Govt side J bookings and others probably prefer the non-stops.

vadodara

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Upcoming INDIGO MRO location at BLR. To be ready in Q1 2020.

Does the smaller aircraft represent a A320?
Larger A350?

trinidadeG

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 pm

vadodara wrote:
Larger A350?

Yes, smaller aircraft would be Code- C - A320/B737 and the larger aircraft would be Code E - B747/B777/A330/A350.

anshabhi

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

trinidadeG wrote:
vadodara wrote:
Larger A350?

Yes, smaller aircraft would be Code- C - A320/B737 and the larger aircraft would be Code E - B747/B777/A330/A350.

Are the trying to open a separate business, something on the lines of AI MRO business? Why would they want to service Code E aircraft otherwise?

lightsaber

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:56 pm

I didn't see this, fares up in India due to all the grounded aircraft. There are threads to discuss 9W and the MAX. What is pertinent is the revenue opportunity for other operators. GoAir, Indigo, Air India, Vistara, and Air Asia must be doing well. Any airline, other than SpiceJet and Jet, who doesn't make money this quarter should be sold. While the link says fares doubled, I suspect last minute fares have returned to normal.

https://www.zeebiz.com/india/news-fligh ... -90083/amp

In my opinion, this starvation of seats should boost quarterly profit margins by about 3% for the quarter. Yes, a short time, but enough to put airlines into the black.

I fully expect the benefit to continue into the next quarter.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

sand26391

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

The widebody a/c depicted wud be for the future, incase the airline orders (That would be my best guess).

Also Jet Airways has closed reservation for Mumbai – Manchester service for flights on/after 23MAR19.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 24160?s=19

yashk

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Irehdna wrote:
AI BOM-LHR AI131 is now scheduled on 77W. Presumably on the plane formerly used for BOM-JFK.

Good timing if 9W folds. AI can get some spillover F demand from the 3 daily flights 9W currently operates to LHR

trinidadeG

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 pm

anshabhi wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
vadodara wrote:
Larger A350?

Are the trying to open a separate business, something on the lines of AI MRO business? Why would they want to service Code E aircraft otherwise?

In January, the press reported 6E saying that the facility would be able to handle 2 narrow-bodies at a time. So this 'six plane' illustration, if true, could be 6E's long-term plan...

sand26391

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 am

^^ Yes it is a long term plan for 6E.

Also Jet Airways service to Hong Kong is closed for reservation for travel on/after 23MAR19 acc to Airlineroute!

edealinfo

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 am

sand26391 wrote:
The widebody a/c depicted wud be for the future, incase the airline orders (That would be my best guess).

Also Jet Airways has closed reservation for Mumbai – Manchester service for flights on/after 23MAR19.

1. Did Jet codeshare with VS for any flights out of Manchester?

2. How is Indian TV coverage handling the Jet fallout?

unrave

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 am

IndiGo's inaugural DEL-IST is all set for take off
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

trinidadeG

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:48 am

edealinfo wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

1. Did Jet codeshare with VS for any flights out of Manchester?

Yes. Six US destinations from MAN. Apart from 10 out of LHR.

https://www.jetairways.com/en/in/jetexperience/codeshare-partners.aspx

Blerg

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:45 am

If Jet is discontinuing Hong Kong and Manchester, what will happen with the aircraft? Will they ground them or redeploy them elsewhere?

unrave

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 am

They're grounding the aircraft in the first place because they have no funds to operate them. There's no question of redeploying them elsewhere.

trinidadeG

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:01 am

Blerg wrote:
If Jet is discontinuing Hong Kong and Manchester, what will happen with the aircraft? Will they ground them or redeploy them elsewhere?

Jet reduced frequencies on DEL-BOM/BLR but bumped up some to A330.

When HKG/MAN are discontinued, there are possibilities of both, grounding or redeployment. For example, DEL-AMS has already become an A330 from B777.

unrave

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
TK - Get more frequencies and stations in India
6E - Get codeshares to 20 European cities.

Both haven't been achieved, just going thru motions.

Falsifying this statement above, IndiGo has started selling TK flights with 6E codes. The destinations covered at present are Athens, Malta, Brussels, Budapest and Tel Aviv. Expect more destinations to be added.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos