• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 19
 
Moosefire
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 pm

It does appear to be a London announcement
MD-11F/C-17A Pilot
 
N757ST
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:48 pm

SteelChair wrote:
Moosefire wrote:
I really do wonder what the appeal of Europe is aside from the prestige of saying they fly there. The yields aren’t that great, especially against the robust complexity it will add to the operation (and costs).


Exactly. Northeast USA to Europe has historically been a money pit but there seems to be some level of prestige. Businesses aren't in business for prestige.


Europe a money pit? Pretty sure it’s the most profitable part of Delta and United’s buisness.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2827
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't think it will be primarily JFK related. Rather, I see it being more FLL related with a push into South America, seeking to serve every South American "capital" capital, including secondary Colombia destinations, except maybe TGU and CCS, and possibly a wide-body order as well (the B789 likely making sense in a configuration around 285 seats in a full-service J-W-Y+-Y configuration). I'm surprised that AD and B6 haven't applied for JV status, with B6 prying AD away from UA. The wide-bodies could be for South America routes that are too far for a narrow-body or that are hot and high, as well as LGW, ORY, and TLV---all likely O&D destinations. NYC-TLV is a route that could support a 4th carrier as I see it...B6 would compete with LY, DL, and UA.
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm

eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.



Considering everybody is adamant it's related to Europe, the TCX idea, despite the fact its incredibly unlikely, might actually be a good shout :lol:

Instant access to LGW, MAN, FRA etc.

You can already book B6 flights on TCX website, so makes sense.
 
PlaneMad134
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:12 pm

I see EDI and GLA, possibly MAN as well if it was a Europe anouncement, EDI just lost Norwegian so there is a gap to fill, GLA has no year round American service and Manchester would be good if Jetblue and Easyjet could codeshare.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5630
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Moosefire wrote:
I really do wonder what the appeal of Europe is aside from the prestige of saying they fly there. The yields aren’t that great, especially against the robust complexity it will add to the operation (and costs).


TATL certainly leverages BOS and JFK hubs (the way TPAC leverages an SFO hub). It should help with some corporate contracts. I think yields in Mint will be pretty good compared to JFK-LAX. Strategically it makes at least as much sense as a Midwest expansion.
 
xdlx
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:54 pm

What is this OBSESION with A321 OPS to EUROPE? WHY not an A332
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:57 pm

eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.


3. Norwegian is buying JetBlue.
 
eagles94
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:03 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.


3. Norwegian is buying JetBlue.


4. Air Peace Nigeria is buying JetBlue.

Fingers still crossed for #2
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:06 pm

eagles94 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.


3. Norwegian is buying JetBlue.


4. Air Peace Nigeria is buying JetBlue.

Fingers still crossed for #2


I'm not a fan of Coke Cherry. How about free Mojito refills?
 
scandidriver
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Long time follower here and it’s finally broke me to the point where I have to give my 2 cents.
Everybody here is so obsessed with JetBlue going across the Atlantic that it’s become a horrific unrealistic game of who can guess what’s coming. Eagles94’s prediction of Air Peace Nigeria is about as realistic as some of the scenarios on here.

Why on earth would JetBlue; by industry standards, a relatively “smart” company, start up suicidal narrowbody ops to Europe. In the footsteps of Primera & Norwegian. x1 daily to LHR? What’s the point? You think that’s sustainable?
GLA Doesn’t have year round service for a reason! Many have tried, many have failed, what makes B6 so different. Some of you need to stop looking through rose-tinted glasses at JetBlue.

The only credible things I find posted here, are that this announcement is most likely nothing, a pat on the back for the suits in charge and the shareholders and a “thanks for your hard work” for the employees.

Maybe, just MAYBE, the Thomas Cook/JetBlue thing is credible, and something I can get behind. As mattyfitzg stated, Thomas Cook and JetBlue already have an agreement, Thomas Cook we’re recently put up for sale and it might be something JetBlue are interested in, direct access to prime time slots at Gatwick, Manchester, Frankfurt, Oslo, Belfast, Airbus maintenance in the U.K., airbus crews, A330’s!

My 2 cents.
Bracing myself for the incoming onslaught from B6 fanboys, what next? JetBlue restoring a Concorde?
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5433
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:07 pm

airbazar wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Well it’s time to rev up the rumors and speculation...
Jetblue crewmembers just got this:

Save the Date

JETBLUE ALL HANDS


Leave it to a.net to blow things out of proportion.
Every corporation I know about has a annual all-hands. We get the same exact "save the date" communication at my company. Every all-hands typically ends up as just the executives patting themselves on the back about financial achievements that no one else cares about and lots of slide presentations full of embellished metrics :)


While B6 has a history of blowing expectations way high to underwhelm...this all hands meeting is not normal for bluejet.

Just sayin
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3028
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm going with something underwhelming like an employee themed plane or maybe an order for the LR... something morale related vs network related
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
RalXWB
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Calling an airline with a fleet of 253 plus orders of 151 a niche airline is...I don´t know...sad, funny, hillarious...
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:33 pm

xdlx wrote:
What is this OBSESION with A321 OPS to EUROPE? WHY not an A332


Maybe because B6 doesn't fly or plan to fly the A332?
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1602
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
They deleted their entire Instagram to give away some airline tickets. I don't have any faith that the airline isn't off the rails at this point.


Yeah this airline has gone off the deep end.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
aviationjunky
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:53 pm

I would say B6 is moving into Europe. That has to be the big announcement, especially since they are taking so long to make the announcement. Side note, isn't B6 the reason BF had to take "Blue" out of their name? I highly doubt B6 didn't already know they would be in parts of Europe that BF was in, so they had to step in.

I suspect that B6 will announce LHR, followed by DUB, CDG, and maybe ASM and FRA? Start with strong base operations, them move to other strong markets.

Also, how likely is B6 to offer inter-European flights once operations begin? I know DL offers a couple inter-Asia flights from NRT, so I was just wondering the process of government approval for a foreign carrier to be able to operate within a different country.
LAS is Life
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Definitely Dublin, what about possibility of LCY on the a220? Its certified for the a220-100, Swiss fly there, and they were working on certifying the -300, has that happened yet? LCY could be a differentiator from BOS/JFK for them? And yes, I know BA do it too!
 
stlgph
Posts: 10974
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Lots of excitement and speculation for a webcast with no set start time....on a Wednesday afternoon "kind of starting whenever we feel like it sometime after 3 p.m."

Just sayin.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm

It's like you people live in a dream world. I can't quite believe what this forum has come too.

Why don't they get a couple of A380's and start JFK-LHR hourly shuttle runs too while they're at it.
This isn't FSX, they can't load up a plane and fly it to cities like Amsterdam and London!

A220 to LCY? Will I be able to pay with monopoly money to get on that?
 
HVNwxROC
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 pm

jumbojet wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
[. But they may have something up their sleeve.


Like finally fixing their horrendous on-time stats? Take yesterday, a few flakes fell in the NYC area, a dusting at best, and they wind up having 35% of their entire operation delayed. Europe won't last long for JetBlue if they can't get their planes in the air and to their destination on time.

B6 to Europe will further erode their on time stats. They are so laser focused on getting all their MINT flights out on time that everything else suffers. Now, throw in B6 to Europe and guaranteed those on time stats will suffer even more..

B6 will start a few BS routes to Europe but with B6 having absolutely no brand name in Europe and no JV's, it will be nothing short of a disaster.B6 wants to be 'big boy' airline but it wont happen. United can fix that however with a few strokes of a pen.


Oh here we go...more predictable B6 bashing by jumbojet...*yawn*
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 pm

scandidriver wrote:
Why on earth would JetBlue; by industry standards, a relatively “smart” company, start up suicidal narrowbody ops to Europe. In the footsteps of Primera & Norwegian. x1 daily to LHR? What’s the point? You think that’s sustainable?


Primera and Norwegian didn't have three things Jetblue does.
1. A solid premium product in mint. Crazy value for the price. Already its turned the whole USA transcon market on its head while still being highly profitable for B6.
2. Two East Coast hubs to fill planes with connections. Allowing them to bring cheap TATL economy and business flights not just to BOS and JFK but to places like CLE, PIT, DTW, ORD, BUF, ROC, PHL, etc with one stop.
3. Travel contracts in BOS with big businesses asking for TATL. Currently these companies are forced to book international travel elsewhere.

I do understand that if B6 makes the jump. Its going to incite full on war from DL, AA, and maybe UA in BOS and NYC. Not to mention maybe Norwegian. But the fact that B6 isn't trying to fill wide bodies is going to help them.
 
richierich
Posts: 3582
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:49 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
airbazar wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Well it’s time to rev up the rumors and speculation...
Jetblue crewmembers just got this:

Save the Date

JETBLUE ALL HANDS


Leave it to a.net to blow things out of proportion.
Every corporation I know about has a annual all-hands. We get the same exact "save the date" communication at my company. Every all-hands typically ends up as just the executives patting themselves on the back about financial achievements that no one else cares about and lots of slide presentations full of embellished metrics :)


While B6 has a history of blowing expectations way high to underwhelm...this all hands meeting is not normal for bluejet.

Just sayin



To be fair, it's not really B6 that blows expectations sky high, it's people on this site and maybe social media. The recent All You Can Jet giveaway is one example, I don't think that got anything more than normal marketing hype except on this site where there was literally a two-page thread about it.

I do agree that this "All-Hands" meeting feels different. Something is going on, and it must be big to apparently be sent to the whole company (if that's what I read earlier in the thread) and to save the date some 6 weeks out. Does JetBlue do this sort of company-wide meeting very often? I bet not.
I'm not going to speculate beyond saying that I agree with many on here that it is likely European service, or at least the idea of acquiring aircraft that can reach Europe. It's hardly a secret but it is still going to be a special time for them.
None shall pass!!!!
 
evank516
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:37 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Lets look at today....5% of B6 operations are already delayed and its not even 7 AM!! I'd like to know what their plan is going to be when their 1x daily flight to LON leaves with nearly half the paying customers missing due to late arriving connections? Will they put them on a DL or an AA flight?


It was snowing this morning in New York which is why you're seeing delays. The snow just stopped here, and de-icing has to take place since it is 32 degrees at JFK. The de-ice pads at JFK can be a mad house.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

3. Norwegian is buying JetBlue.


4. Air Peace Nigeria is buying JetBlue.

Fingers still crossed for #2


I'm not a fan of Coke Cherry. How about free Mojito refills?

Vanilla Coke FTW!

As for the announcement, I am betting on a whole lot of corporate backslapping and very little substance. In this day and age (social media BS), even nothing is made into something. :old:
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm

HVNwxROC wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
[. But they may have something up their sleeve.


Like finally fixing their horrendous on-time stats? Take yesterday, a few flakes fell in the NYC area, a dusting at best, and they wind up having 35% of their entire operation delayed. Europe won't last long for JetBlue if they can't get their planes in the air and to their destination on time.

B6 to Europe will further erode their on time stats. They are so laser focused on getting all their MINT flights out on time that everything else suffers. Now, throw in B6 to Europe and guaranteed those on time stats will suffer even more..

B6 will start a few BS routes to Europe but with B6 having absolutely no brand name in Europe and no JV's, it will be nothing short of a disaster.B6 wants to be 'big boy' airline but it wont happen. United can fix that however with a few strokes of a pen.


Oh here we go...more predictable B6 bashing by jumbojet...*yawn*


Not bashing, look at the stats, they don't lie. Look at Flightaware, not even noon and 20% of their entire flight ops are delayed. Thats no way to run an airline. Not good enough for you? Look at DOT stats. Now, look at the weather, nothing crazy happening today. I am all for JetBlue flying to wherever they want to but before they throw their hat in the ring, they should fix their problematic operational issues.
Last edited by jumbojet on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Blueballs
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:53 pm

evank516 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Lets look at today....5% of B6 operations are already delayed and its not even 7 AM!! I'd like to know what their plan is going to be when their 1x daily flight to LON leaves with nearly half the paying customers missing due to late arriving connections? Will they put them on a DL or an AA flight?


It was snowing this morning in New York which is why you're seeing delays. The snow just stopped here, and de-icing has to take place since it is 32 degrees at JFK. The de-ice pads at JFK can be a mad house.

To be fair if someone sneezes in New York 30% of JetBlue’s flights are delayed
 
impilot
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:54 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Lets look at today....5% of B6 operations are already delayed and its not even 7 AM!! I'd like to know what their plan is going to be when their 1x daily flight to LON leaves with nearly half the paying customers missing due to late arriving connections? Will they put them on a DL or an AA flight?


What makes you think half of NYC-LON traffic would be connecting and not O&D?
 
richierich
Posts: 3582
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:49 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:02 pm

JBLUA320 wrote:
It's London, at least in part.
The invitation for employees has the backdrop of the London tube seat pattern.


If that's not a darn giveaway...! Maybe that will be the basis of their next tailfin design too.
None shall pass!!!!
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Blueballs wrote:
evank516 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Lets look at today....5% of B6 operations are already delayed and its not even 7 AM!! I'd like to know what their plan is going to be when their 1x daily flight to LON leaves with nearly half the paying customers missing due to late arriving connections? Will they put them on a DL or an AA flight?


It was snowing this morning in New York which is why you're seeing delays. The snow just stopped here, and de-icing has to take place since it is 32 degrees at JFK. The de-ice pads at JFK can be a mad house.

To be fair if someone sneezes in New York 30% of JetBlue’s flights are delayed


And thats unacceptable. A sneeze in the morning shouldn't cause a ripple effect throughout the day. JetBlue has been around long enough that you would think it would be important enough to fix. Their going to have to be A LOT more reliable than what they are now to be successful, and thats not bashing, its the truth.

Heck, I actually cant wait for two things to happen, as JetBlue is definitely a very innovative carrier and thinks outside the box

first thing I cant wait to see: The new MINT seat that will accompany these new flights to Europe. I bet it will be very competitive and will rank right up there with what they have now. I'd say look for a Delta One style suite with privacy door.

second thing I cant wait to see; the fares. B6 has bellyached for a long time about how high the TATL business class fares are to London. Cant wait to see what their introductory LON MINT fares will be and, if it will have any effect on the big 3 JV business class fares.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:03 pm

impilot wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Lets look at today....5% of B6 operations are already delayed and its not even 7 AM!! I'd like to know what their plan is going to be when their 1x daily flight to LON leaves with nearly half the paying customers missing due to late arriving connections? Will they put them on a DL or an AA flight?


What makes you think half of NYC-LON traffic would be connecting and not O&D?


If thats the case, and it very well might be, than B6 shouldn't have to worry to much about their lack luster, disaster of an on-time operation.
 
airbazar
Posts: 9621
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:04 pm

richierich wrote:
I do agree that this "All-Hands" meeting feels different. Something is going on, and it must be big to apparently be sent to the whole company (if that's what I read earlier in the thread) and to save the date some 6 weeks out. Does JetBlue do this sort of company-wide meeting very often?

That's what an "all-hands" meeting is. A meeting where the whole company is invited to come and hear about the firm's accomplishments and future guidance. And yes they like to send the invite months in advance with nothing but a date. When it gets closer we get more specific details such as location and time.
Having said that, the timing is right for a Europe announcement. It gives them a full year for Spring 2020 launch and they are receiving a bunch of A321NEO's in 2019 and 2020. I just figured that such a huge announcement would warrant an outside audience rather than just an internal employee meeting.
 
stlgph
Posts: 10974
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm

airbazar wrote:
richierich wrote:
I do agree that this "All-Hands" meeting feels different. Something is going on, and it must be big to apparently be sent to the whole company (if that's what I read earlier in the thread) and to save the date some 6 weeks out. Does JetBlue do this sort of company-wide meeting very often?

That's what an "all-hands" meeting is. A meeting where the whole company is invited to come and hear about the firm's accomplishments and future guidance. And yes they like to send the invite months in advance with nothing but a date. When it gets closer we get more specific details such as location and time.
Having said that, the timing is right for a Europe announcement. It gives them a full year for Spring 2020 launch and they are receiving a bunch of A321NEO's in 2019 and 2020. I just figured that such a huge announcement would warrant an outside audience rather than just an internal employee meeting.


The timing is right to begin a profit sharing/benefits program of sorts. Makes that cheap champagne go down better in the planned reception afterwards.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
Primera and Norwegian didn't have three things Jetblue does.
1. A solid premium product in mint. Crazy value for the price. Already its turned the whole USA transcon market on its head while still being highly profitable for B6.



USA Transcon is an entirely different ball game to TRATL, for a start, 99% of the U.K. population have no idea who JetBlue are.
 
Moosefire
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:21 pm

The background image on the announcement is directly taken from the upholstery pattern found on the London tube
MD-11F/C-17A Pilot
 
impilot
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:28 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
Primera and Norwegian didn't have three things Jetblue does.
1. A solid premium product in mint. Crazy value for the price. Already its turned the whole USA transcon market on its head while still being highly profitable for B6.



USA Transcon is an entirely different ball game to TRATL, for a start, 99% of the U.K. population have no idea who JetBlue are.


99% of the U.K. population isn’t the target for ticket sales. Just like everywhere else B6 goes, they don’t fly places to bring people to NY...they fly NYers to different places. But I’m sure after a little while of flying there, jetblue will be known in London.
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm

impilot wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
Primera and Norwegian didn't have three things Jetblue does.
1. A solid premium product in mint. Crazy value for the price. Already its turned the whole USA transcon market on its head while still being highly profitable for B6.



USA Transcon is an entirely different ball game to TRATL, for a start, 99% of the U.K. population have no idea who JetBlue are.


99% of the U.K. population isn’t the target for ticket sales. Just like everywhere else B6 goes, they don’t fly places to bring people to NY...they fly NYers to different places. But I’m sure after a little while of flying there, jetblue will be known in London.


Yeah i'm sure plenty of NYers want to go to Glasgow, Gatwick and Manchester :lol:
 
fromheretohere9
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:43 pm

London Ops would be STN or LGW. Why go daily on routes already heavily flown by legacy airlines that have the reputation on the route.
STN no competition. LGW competition from BA and Norwegian (If they are still around in April)
 
impilot
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Pretty sure Robin Hayes wouldn’t launch LON service to anywhere besides LHR. Guess we will find out in a few weeks.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2815
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Let me get away from the issues they have with delayed flights, which by the way, is now up to 25%.

I say they wind up getting the A321XLR and the A330-800NEO. Why the 330 NEO? For starters, they need to shed their LCC image because they are not that anymore. Their fares are no better than what the US3 offer. Also, they have been around long enough and have enough of a following that they can easily fill the insides of the A330-800. JetBlue, if your listening, its time to shed the LCC image; go for the gusto, go for a widebody, it won't kill you.

The MINT offering on these birds will rival, if not surpass, what UA and AA currently offer. It will be on par with what DL has on their 777/350 and will soon be putting in their 330-900's and soon to be modified 767-400's. I think you will definitely see a suite with door.
 
impilot
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:54 pm

^ hopefully if/when it happens it’s 787s and not 330NEOs.
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Their going to have to be A LOT more reliable than what they are now to be successful, and thats not bashing, its the truth.


I agree and they seem to understand that as well. They announced a few things at their BOS station meeting recently about how they plan on upping reliability. We will see if it makes a difference. Basically they are finally sacrificing their extremely high aircraft utilization model for better performance.
https://paxex.aero/2019/03/jetblue-oper ... paign=2353
 
cschleic
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm

ytib wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

:checkmark:

I would place my bets on 321LR order + Mint 2.0 announcement. Not sure if specific routes would be announced immediately though.

I would say that BOS-London is the obvious first market, but I would imagine B6 management is closely watching Brexit (which could happen on March 29th). It may be prudent to seek more clarity before jumping into the market.

Would love to see something totally different and unexpected like JFK/BOS-TXL. :hot:


A 321LR order 20 years after their original Airbus order? Makes sense.

It was April 20, 1999 when they announced the original Airbus order. However this year April 20th is during Easter weekend and that date is also known for a large school shooting in Colorado.


Given this, maybe it's just a 20th anniversary party.

Having seen all the threads about flight delays, I shouldn't have been surprised when recently taking a B6 flight from LAS to FLL, my first with them in several years. The delayed departure kept stretching out and out and out.... But the notable item was that it seemed like business as usual to the gate agents and flight crew. The agents were more interested in searching the gate area for oversize carry-ons, or giving grief to passengers who didn't try their bag in the sizer box, than delay or connecting flight issues.
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:08 pm

impilot wrote:
^ hopefully if/when it happens it’s 787s and not 330NEOs.


Why? Unless you're at the pointy end, the seating 2-4-2 is a much better experience down back!
 
smartplane
Posts: 1024
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:09 pm

European connections with EK and FZ?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:10 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
impilot wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:


USA Transcon is an entirely different ball game to TRATL, for a start, 99% of the U.K. population have no idea who JetBlue are.


99% of the U.K. population isn’t the target for ticket sales. Just like everywhere else B6 goes, they don’t fly places to bring people to NY...they fly NYers to different places. But I’m sure after a little while of flying there, jetblue will be known in London.


Yeah i'm sure plenty of NYers want to go to Glasgow, Gatwick and Manchester :lol:


Only if they want to do business and make money. I've wished for a better connections to Glasgow in the past. Gatwick isn't LHR, but there is demand. I think JetBlue could finally be the airline to connect JFK to all the major airports in London.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
WPvsMW
Posts: 2063
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:15 pm

eagles94 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
eagles94 wrote:
it’s one of 2 things.

1- They’re buying Thomas Cook UK.
2- They’re announcing Coke Cherry as a new addition to onboard service.

Fingers crossed for #2.


3. Norwegian is buying JetBlue.


4. Air Peace Nigeria is buying JetBlue.


5. Merger with AS announced.

6. Takeover of merged B6/AS by Moxy announced.

B6 threads are fun.
 
User avatar
CALUAL
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Livery Change ?

Image
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4375
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 pm

It's clearly not a merger! people on here are getting ridiculous.




The crew party smells of Europe.

It's the biggest milestone for B6 since the launch of MINT. Reason to celebrate.

I can't see why the other ideas would justify a party? Launching their first flights to Europe is a huge announcement for the company! My money is on that.
 
airbazar
Posts: 9621
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:40 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
USA Transcon is an entirely different ball game to TRATL, for a start, 99% of the U.K. population have no idea who JetBlue are.

They'll learn fast. They also had no idea who EK was until the 90's but they can't seem to get enough of EK now considering all the A380s parked at all UK airports.
As for the ontime performance and competition concerns, yes that is an issue however lets not forget that B6 already transfers a ton of passengers on their international partners at both BOS and NYC. It's not like they would be jumping into this endeavor blindly. There's a reason why Massport (BOS) built a dedicated airside connector between B6's terminal and the international terminal. Jetblue passengers flying TATL and TPAC has been happening for years. They're just not doing those segments on a "blue tail".
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 19

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos