Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Re: Jetblue “Save the Date” All Hands - April 10

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Hat tip to OMAAT for posting the pic:

SantaBarbara

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:12 pm

JetBlue to Europe generally and London specifically is about the disruption of overpriced markets.

For flights today from JFK to LHR economy can be had for $2787 and business for $9047. SFO to JFK is 1/6 of those prices. The argument can be easily made that such a large variation in price is directly attributable to JetBlue’s entry into one market and not the other.

JetBlue doesn’t need or want to be the airline for every person to travel to between every destination pair. They want to be a high value high quality operation that offers as good or better service on historically overpriced routes. NYC to London is the best example of an overpriced route.

FlyinRabbit88
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

And if you look at the London Tube seat fabric it’s a perfect match to the background on the email invite.
https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/lo ... 08961.html

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new tailfin design for Europe 321LRs / Mint 2.0 Aircraft if the speculation comes true.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

And if you look at the London Tube seat fabric it’s a perfect match to the background on the email invite.

Then my money is on an announcement by JetBlue to fly to London (Europe). Or at least ANOTHER promise to do so ;)

FlyinRabbit88
Topic Author

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:27 pm

With all of Jetblue’s partners, especially Qatar and Emirates, wonder if they would sub lease some slots or back funding to help the costs of LHR slots.

casinterest

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Then my money is on an announcement by JetBlue to fly to London (Europe). Or at least ANOTHER promise to do so ;)

Well Cheerio.

There we have it.

TheLunchbox

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
They deleted their entire Instagram to give away some airline tickets. I don't have any faith that the airline isn't off the rails at this point.

The pics weren't deleted - they'll show again in a few days.

dcah62

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:35 pm

For all the talk about service to London, has anyone seen or researched an information on the purchase of slots at LHR? Or is the thinking that they might serve Gatwick or Stansted?

spinkid

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:01 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new tailfin design for Europe 321LRs / Mint 2.0 Aircraft if the speculation comes true.

Nice to see someone addding productive commentary to these numerous B6 threads that have devolved into people just commenting that is basically a non stop stream of April Fool's day jokes.

Super80Fan

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:05 pm

dcah62 wrote:
For all the talk about service to London, has anyone seen or researched an information on the purchase of slots at LHR? Or is the thinking that they might serve Gatwick or Stansted?

If they are going to serve London, I doubt it will be LHR. More than likely Gatwick or Stansted.

impilot

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
dcah62 wrote:

If they are going to serve London, I doubt it will be LHR. More than likely Gatwick or Stansted.

I have $100 that says you’re wrong.

Super80Fan

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:17 pm

impilot wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
dcah62 wrote:

Post some proof then that B6 has been able to obtain LHR slots.

impilot

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:18 pm

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-l ... vice-2019/ Robin has been clear he doesn’t really care for LGW or stansted. And they wouldn’t put this teaser out for a gatwick announcement imo.

VS11

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:37 pm

The Tube does not go to Gatwick! But it does to Heathrow. Loving the Da Vinci Code clues :)

NickolayAv

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:39 pm

If B6 does announce flights to Europe, will they start serving full meals (not just snacks) in economy in flights to match what legacies offer and keep it consistent to what other codeshares would offer, or will they compete with LCCs and not give food?

ASA

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:49 pm

VS11 wrote:
The Tube does not go to Gatwick! But it does to Heathrow. Loving the Da Vinci Code clues :)

Oooohhh ... this thread is becoming interesting now! :hyper:

Bring on more rumors on the airport, frequency, etc ... :bigthumbsup:

OA940

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:54 pm

I'm willing to bet they'll go LGW. 1x daily won't cut it. The competition will drown them out immediately. I doubt they're gonna find slots for at least 2 daily flights each from BOS and JFK to LHR, so LGW makes the most sense after that.

jumbojet

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:00 pm

didnt JB not to long ago vehemently object to the extensive JV tie ups between DL/AF/KLM and VA as well as UA and company? Maybe the DOT is on the verge of resolving the matter by awarding JB LHR slots?

jumbojet

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 pm

OA940 wrote:
I'm willing to bet they'll go LGW. 1x daily won't cut it. The competition will drown them out immediately. I doubt they're gonna find slots for at least 2 daily flights each from BOS and JFK to LHR, so LGW makes the most sense after that.

Why not? Whats to say the DOT hasn't already made a decision on what JB calls an unfair TATL JV monopoly into airports such as LHR. Maybe in order for VA to be a part of the DL/AF/KLM JV, they have to give up LHR slots. That could easily account for enough slots to get them up and running

(31% now of their daily departures are delayed.. By far the worst out of all the US airlines).
Last edited by jumbojet on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dc10lover

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:03 pm

airbazar

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
impilot wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Just do a google search. Plenty of confirmation right from the CEO's mouth that it is LHR or nothing, if they go to Europe at all. LHR is the seal that they need to break and other European cities will follow. I don't think they would allow the slot announcement to be publicized prior to the airline themselves announcing the service. That would be very bad marketing and bad manners on the part of the LHR slot authority :)
Keep in mind that service probably wouldn't start until Spring 2020.
Having said that, my guess is that if anything they are more likely to just announce the LR is coming at the all-hands and allow the "Europe speculation" to continue.
The LR would also make a very good airplane to deep S.America from FLL, not just Europe.

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:16 pm

Virgin Australia didn't have any LHR slots last time I checked.

VS on the other hand...

It always amazes me and frustrates me how many people on this site, aviation professionals and av geeks, don't know basic IATA codes. I'm not talking about Air Peace Nigeria but major airlines.

Mortyman

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Cooperation with Norwegian … :-) ?

nine4nine

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:34 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Not only the pattern on the London Tube but if you look closely it’s the London skyline and the giant wheel.

Moose135

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Super80Fan wrote:

Anyone who would have actual proof is certainly not going to post that publicly on an internet forum to satisfy a random poster, but you know that. I guess we'll all have to wait patiently for a few more weeks to find out what this is all about.

Ziyulu

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm

They will serve LCY!

VS11

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 pm

jumbojet wrote:
So back to the point, its entirely possible that DOT ruled in favor of JB (is it OK for me to say JB?) in that the addition of VS would cause unfairness to incumbents like JB to the TATL LHR market.

Slots at Heathrow are not impossible to get but the times are not going to be the most popular. I totally see them starting first with day-time US-LHR service, which arrives in the evening in London and leaves back about 2 hours later and arrives back in the US any time between 11pm-1am. Totally doable. They can still try and get remedy slots though.

shamrock350

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Not only the pattern on the London Tube but if you look closely it’s the London skyline and the giant wheel.

Yep, that's kind of the point of this particular tube seat pattern. It's called 'Barman' and features on the Northern, Central, and Jubilee lines with a darker version appearing on the Bakerloo line. Ironically none of these lines actually go to Heathrow, that's the Piccadilly line which has a completely different pattern.

Without a doubt this is hinting at an LHR service.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:37 pm

They're going to do this with the A321's?

Aptivaboy

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 pm

By Berkshire Hathaway...

Along with Southwest.

We can call the new airline, "Jetsouthted." :stirthepot:

All kidding aside, I'd love to see another player across the pond. Mint would be an outstanding TATL product.

impilot

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:46 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
They're going to do this with the A321's?

They have rights to convert some of their 85 A321NEOs to A321LRs, so speculation is that is the aircraft of choice for this endeavor. XLRs are also in play, but that would drag this process out a lot more until that’s a real airplane. Or they could go against their ultra conservative style and announce a 787 or 330NEO order in conjunction with this announcement.

CALTECH

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:53 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
They will be acquired by United

Don't think you are trolling at all........

http://jbumec.alpa.org/LinkClick.aspx?f ... tabid=9184

"MERGER COMMITTEE REPORT Q1 2019 Capt. Russell Pomarico, Chairman INTRODUCTION: In response to queries from the LEC officers, MEC Chairman Patrick Walsh and I conducted a meeting (via teleconference) with UAL MEC Chairman Todd Insler and the UAL EA on January 9th. The meeting was agreed to and conducted under NDA.

COMMITTEE STRUCTURE: Capt. Russell Pomarico, Council 193, Chairman First Officer, William Tranter, Member First Officer, Mathew Hawk, Member

CURRENT ITEMS IN PROGRESS: The purpose of the meeting was to address speculation around consolidation efforts by UAL, discuss provisions contained within the ALPA National Policy Manual relating to merger activity and MEC collaboration, and gaining insight into lessons learned from transiting the consolidation process.

The number one priority for the UAL MEC is to continue the process of active negotiations and successfully close out their contract renewal process.

Both UAL and B6 representatives are in general agreement on the paramount importance of having competent and level headed people participate in the detailed process of consolidation to ensure long term benefits for all pilot members.

IN CLOSING: We gained valuable insight into UAL ALPA’s current priorities as well as a good understanding of their experiences (positive and negative) in their consolidating event with CAL.

Both MEC chairmen agreed to keep active and open lines of communication, to ensure the ability to rapidly and professionally respond to any future market events. -- END OF REPORT-- "

VS11

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:29 am

CALTECH wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

Don't think you are trolling at all........

http://jbumec.alpa.org/LinkClick.aspx?f ... tabid=9184

"MERGER COMMITTEE REPORT Q1 2019 Capt. Russell Pomarico, Chairman INTRODUCTION: In response to queries from the LEC officers, MEC Chairman Patrick Walsh and I conducted a meeting (via teleconference) with UAL MEC Chairman Todd Insler and the UAL EA on January 9th. The meeting was agreed to and conducted under NDA.

COMMITTEE STRUCTURE: Capt. Russell Pomarico, Council 193, Chairman First Officer, William Tranter, Member First Officer, Mathew Hawk, Member

CURRENT ITEMS IN PROGRESS: The purpose of the meeting was to address speculation around consolidation efforts by UAL, discuss provisions contained within the ALPA National Policy Manual relating to merger activity and MEC collaboration, and gaining insight into lessons learned from transiting the consolidation process.

The number one priority for the UAL MEC is to continue the process of active negotiations and successfully close out their contract renewal process.

Both UAL and B6 representatives are in general agreement on the paramount importance of having competent and level headed people participate in the detailed process of consolidation to ensure long term benefits for all pilot members.

IN CLOSING: We gained valuable insight into UAL ALPA’s current priorities as well as a good understanding of their experiences (positive and negative) in their consolidating event with CAL.

Both MEC chairmen agreed to keep active and open lines of communication, to ensure the ability to rapidly and professionally respond to any future market events. -- END OF REPORT-- "

That's very interesting but I would not necessarily read too much into it. The Union doing some due diligence work by talking to union members at another airline that has gone through a merger. It does not seem to me to indicate that there is a merger being planned. Just the Union being proactive and learning from others' experience. Let's face it - nobody denies the possibility of a merger/acquisition - we know for sure jetBlue bid for Virgin America.

WeatherPilot

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:30 am

Nobody is asking the important questions. Like, how far over the Atlantic can they get before the signal is lost from the DirectTV satellite?

impilot

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:49 am

WeatherPilot wrote:
Nobody is asking the important questions. Like, how far over the Atlantic can they get before the signal is lost from the DirectTV satellite?

“There’s another satellite launching in 2021 (ViaSat-3) that will give us complete global coverage and which would be important if we decide to launch service to Europe.” - recent email

iamjoeym

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:43 am

Since we’re tearing apart the graphic for clues, a fellow employee on the inflight Facebook page pointed out that the silhouette of the airplane is not that of an A321. Could that be another clue? I know it’s not much, but they went through the effort of putting the Tube print on it, why not a subtle nod toward the aircraft type.

Planeboy17

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:01 am

iamjoeym wrote:
Since we’re tearing apart the graphic for clues, a fellow employee on the inflight Facebook page pointed out that the silhouette of the airplane is not that of an A321. Could that be another clue? I know it’s not much, but they went through the effort of putting the Tube print on it, why not a subtle nod toward the aircraft type.

Are you talking about the silhouette in the letter A? That just looks like a generic outline of a plane. I think the sleuthing is crossing over into the danger zone now. :lol:

iamjoeym

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:42 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
iamjoeym wrote:

Are you talking about the silhouette in the letter A? That just looks like a generic outline of a plane. I think the sleuthing is crossing over into the danger zone now. :lol:

If we’re grasping at straws, let’s go for it — you think it’s bad on here, how do you think it’s been for us here? Robin Hayes came into our initial training class over 2 years ago saying it was “imminent” and people have spotted 330 layouts at LIC.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 am

The wing planform on the airplane does look like an A330.

jumbojet

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 am

its def LHR. Remember this JB ad from a few months ago?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-l ... vice-2019/

Other than LHR, JB has a bunch of 321LR's on order. ZRH is in range I believe, as is most of Germany. With a range of 4700 NM, they could even do Italy.
Last edited by jumbojet on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

catiii

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:02 am

jumbojet wrote:
spacecadet wrote:
Europe. Not much doubt.

I guess enough crying finally got them some LHR slots. I'm guessing it cant be no more than 1x daily from BOS and 1x daily from JFK? On A321's nonetheless, why even bother? I cant even imagine how their operations department will handle irrops on 1x daily A321. CDG is a no brainer, AMS, no slots available, probably LIS, MAD, BCN, DUB, what else?

Kinda like all the bitching and whining Ed does from the Ritz in PBI to get Haneda frequencies?

jumbojet

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:04 am

catiii wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
spacecadet wrote:
Europe. Not much doubt.

I guess enough crying finally got them some LHR slots. I'm guessing it cant be no more than 1x daily from BOS and 1x daily from JFK? On A321's nonetheless, why even bother? I cant even imagine how their operations department will handle irrops on 1x daily A321. CDG is a no brainer, AMS, no slots available, probably LIS, MAD, BCN, DUB, what else?

Kinda like all the bitching and whining Ed does from the Ritz in PBI to get Haneda frequencies?

Not even close to the whining of JB. I've read all the letters, nothing comes close to the crying that JB has done to get their hands on LHR...NOTHING.

catiii

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 am

jumbojet wrote:
catiii wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Not even close to the whining of JB. I've read all the letters, nothing comes close to the crying that JB has done to get their hands on LHR...NOTHING.

What letters? Provide links. You won't though, because your M.O. is to trash JetBlue then go hide.

And NOTHING comes close to the whining and bitching Richard and Ed did around Japan Open Skies, the inferior hub at Narita, and their strategic failure to not have a JV or alliance in Japan that screwed them at Haneda. They still cry about it, that is when Ed actually comes up from Palm Beach to run the airline or be present for a blue sky IROP.

Bobloblaw

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:48 am

jumbojet wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
[. But they may have something up their sleeve.

Like finally fixing their horrendous on-time stats? Take yesterday, a few flakes fell in the NYC area, a dusting at best, and they wind up having 35% of their entire operation delayed. Europe won't last long for JetBlue if they can't get their planes in the air and to their destination on time.

B6 to Europe will further erode their on time stats. They are so laser focused on getting all their MINT flights out on time that everything else suffers. Now, throw in B6 to Europe and guaranteed those on time stats will suffer even more..

B6 will start a few BS routes to Europe but with B6 having absolutely no brand name in Europe and no JV's, it will be nothing short of a disaster.B6 wants to be 'big boy' airline but it wont happen. United can fix that however with a few strokes of a pen.

Your anti JetBlue rants are tiresome. JV is not a presqusite for transatlantic service but thanks for pointing out how anti consumer they are.

Bobloblaw

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:50 am

jumbojet wrote:
catiii wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Obviously you’re too young to know who Richard Branson is.

FlyBTV

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:51 am

impilot wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:

“There’s another satellite launching in 2021 (ViaSat-3) that will give us complete global coverage and which would be important if we decide to launch service to Europe.” - recent email

Yes, though I will point out that Viasat is for internet coverage, not TV coverage.

impilot

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:01 am

FlyBTV wrote:
impilot wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:

Yes, though I will point out that Viasat is for internet coverage, not TV coverage.

With the bandwidth viasat 3 will provide, I would assume streaming live tv would be possible. If not, I’d bet there will be another solution.

BA744PHX

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:04 am

LHR and AMS will both be announced

strfyr51

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:34 am

Scarebus34 wrote:

Not likely

deltadudejg

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:36 am

Here is my 2¢

JetBlue should order the A321xlr and test the market out. If it goes well then they can upgrade and get A330s and if it doesn't then they can roll the XLRs into standard service and maybe serve Hawaii from Cali or South America from FLL if Europe doesn't pan out

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos